Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Xmas '09 Contest] -- Race to the North -- Pick Your Prizes! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 32 33 34 35 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:01 am
The game has not started yet. It will start at Monday, December 7th at 12:00 AM EST. I am posting this for informational purposes, and so you have somewhere to start without me should I be unable to get on to announce the game's start.

I've added you.

Just a reminder to everyone that the game begins and sign-ups end in 17 hours. In order to allow the game to start even if I am not on, I've gotten the first part of the map together (and no, this is not the entire thing - just the first 15 squares ;]) If you wish to make any last minute changes to your character, do so before the game begins.

User ImageMap Description/Explanation
Alright. In the event the image to the left is not showing, here is a direct link to the image.

At the bottom, you can see the chips/tokens I have made for everyone. The colours were chosen randomly (I just went across the palette), and the first 2 initials of your username were added to them. Hopefully everyone will be able to tell theirs apart. If you think you may have some trouble in this regard, please shoot me a message along with a suggestion on how I can remedy the problem for you. If the problem is you just don't like your colour... um... too bad? ;p

As well, you can also see the first two challenges. All challenges will be denoted with "!!s" with an line coming off them for the relevant information. When a challenge is revealed, the colour will change to green and it will read something like "[02] Easy [Str, Dex]". The number in the first part is for my reference so I can keep track of them. The next will be the difficulty (Easy, Moderate, Hard), and the last part will be which ability modifiers can be used to overcome the challenge.

Before I go into movement, I'd like to talk about abilities for a second. If you wish to use your ability, in your post include somewhere when you will be using it and any other relevant information. For example:

Teleport, before movement.
or
Bardic Music, +2 Str checks.
or
Wildshape, after movement.

There are certain restrictions:

The Barbarian's rage, Bard's bardic music, Fighter's flexible, Monk's fast movement, Ranger's favored enemy, and Rogue's skill mastery always are activated before you move.

The Cleric's luck domain, and the Paladin's divine grace can be used at any time. Just let me know when you use it. Like if you are going to pass 2 challenges, but you're confident about the first one:

Divine Grace, after first challenge.

The Druid's wildshape, the Sorcerer's fly, and the Wizard's teleport must be used before, or after movement - not during. This means you can skip challenges right in front of you before you move, or challenges which end up in front of you after you move. You cannot skip any challenges you encounter during your movement.

Now, the A1-7. This is starting position. You may select which you start on, then roll the 2d6 and tell me how you move. For example... say you roll 6.

Start: A6
W > W > W > SW > W > W.

You can move in any direction you desire. If you wish to do say..

NW > SW > SE > NE > NW.

.. Thus spinning around in a circle, you'll confuse me but I won't stop you.

Now, if you are able to reach a challenge square - roll 1d20 too. If the challenge is a revealed one, make sure to specify which ability score you wish to use. In the event you fail, make sure you let me know how you want to move backwards. For example.. You reach an Easy [Str, Dex] challenge with 16 Str, with 3 spaces remaining.

Attribute: Str
1d20+3.
Back: NE, E, E

For a failed challenge, you MUST ALWAYS move EAST (backwards). You can go NE, E, or SE and no other directions on a failed challenge. If you can't beat a challenge, remember that you can use your ability or with the squares you have been pushed back - maneuver so you can take another path if it is available.

For unknown challenges, it is slightly different. You simply roll 1d20, and say how you will go back. I will look at your ability scores, and go through them from highest to lowest until one of them is applicable to the challenge. For example.. you reach an Unknown Challenge which is an Easy [Str, Dex] - your ability scores are 14 Str, 16 Dex, 18 Con, 12 Int, 10 Wis, 8 Cha.

18 Con.. doesn't apply. Next. 16 Dex. Dex can be used, so 3 is added to your result. Success? You keep going. Failure - you head back.

For sake of ease, though.. I do ask that everyone put everything in their first post. Like.. say you roll 2d6, and get an 8. After 5 squares, you reach a challenge so you post again rolling 1d20. In your first post, edit it and have:

Movement: W > W > W > NW > NW > W > W > W
Back: E > E > E
Attribute: (Selected Attribute)
Result: (1d20+Mod Result)

This means I don't have to figure out everything myself for everyone. xD. For unknown challenges, leave out attribute and just put the result of the d20 under result.

At the start of each new turn, I will post a new (expanded) map with everyone's positions. If two people share the same space, I will try my best to squeeze you together. The reason I am only doing 1 map update per turn is for sake of ease for me. I will try to post when challenges are revealed as soon as possible, but the map will not show the reveals until the following turn after they have been revealed. :]

So yeah. Basically like a board game dealy. I apologize if this is different from what anyone expected.

If you have any questions, please ask sooner rather than later. I don't think all of what I made examples of needed them, but I figured having them wouldn't hurt.

Here's a little template thing you can use for your turn. /Shrug. Fill it out, save it somewhere for easy use? You don't have to use this, just throwing it out there.

[size=10][color=darkred][b]Race:[/b][/color]
[color=darkred][b]Class:[/b][/color]
[color=darkred][b]Ability Scores:[/b][/color]

[color=darkred][b]Ability:[/b][/color]
[color=darkred][b]Movement:[/b][/color]
[color=darkred][b]Attribute:[/b][/color]
[color=darkred][b]Result:[/b][/color]
[color=darkred][b]Forced Back:[/b][/color]
[/size]

It looks like:

Race: Human
Class: Paladin
Ability Scores: 10 Str, 8 Dex, 16 Con, 14 Int, 12 Wis, 18 Cha

Ability: (Available?) (Recharging?) (Using? If so, when/how?)
Movement: (W > W > W, etc.. )
Attribute: Which attribute for the challenge, if applicable.
Result: 1d20+MOD Result. Or just 1d20 if unknown challenge.
Forced Back: (E > E > E, etc.. )

The game has not started yet. It will start at Monday, December 7th at 12:00 AM EST. I am posting this for informational purposes, and so you have somewhere to start without me should I be unable to get on to announce the game's start.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:15 am
And yessss... before anyone says anything.

I am aware I should have had the map going north to south/vertically.

I only realized this AFTER I'd already made this post and the map (which took a few hours.. ), at which point.. I really didn't want to fix/change it. So you're going west to go north. Yes. I know. It totally makes sense. Hush.

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:13 pm
Insanity Logic The
Halfling Cleric

Str 12, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 18, Wis 16, Cha 8

Sign me up, it's still not tomorrow yet. lol. I have uhm. Like less than 9 hours left. So yeah, here I am. Signing up, entering, I have the post counts.

-Rolls around-  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:06 pm
I'll start on four I guess.  

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:36 pm
I've added you to the map and updated it.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:03 pm
User ImageRace to the North - Turn 1
You stand at the start of the final stretch toward the 'great treasure' promised in the letter. You have overcome much to get here, as has many others. The road before you, you know from experience, will be full of challenges but ultimately the reward at the end will no doubt be worthwhile. As you, and the others around you prepare to begin your trek - you know.. the race has officially begun.

You can find an information post right above this one, or just click here.

This turn ends at 11:59 PM EST tonight, December 7th.
The next turn begins at 12:00 AM EST, December 8th.

The Characters
Rock_DS: Drow Wizard (12 Str, 14 Dex, 14 Con, 20 Int, 8 Wis, 10 Cha)
Vorastrix: Halfling Cleric (10 Str, 16 Dex, 8 Con, 10 Int, 16 Wis, 18 Cha)
Shingami Hiroshi: Incubus Rogue (12 Str, 16 Dex, 16 Con, 8 Int, 10 Wis, 16 Cha) Ability Used: Turn 1. Recharges: Turn 4.
joe-dude667: Shifter Rogue (16 Str, 14 Con, 20 Dex, 10 Int, 10 Wis, 8 Cha)
iDragow: Elven Monk (16 Str, 16 Con, 16 Dex, 12 Int, 8 Wis, 10 Cha)
NayrVentess: Halfling Monk (8 Str, 18 Dex, 8 Con, 18 Int, 12 wis, 14 Cha)
Oshi the Killer: Half-Drow Ranger (16 Str, 18 Dex, 12 Con, 10 Int, 14 Wis, 8 Cha)
authority_lex: Mephling Paladin (12 Str, 18 Dex, 8 Con, 12 Int, 10 Wis, 18 Cha)
Dragon HighLord Flambe: Gray Elf Wizard (10 Str, 16 Dex, 8 Con, 16 Int, 18 Wis, 10 Cha
Raganui Minamoto: Halfling Rogue (12 Str, 18 Dex, 12 Con, 18 Int, 10 Wis, 8 Cha)
Rain Yupa: Dwarven Fighter (16 Str, 8 Dex, 20 Con, 10 Int, 14 Wis, 10 Cha)
JinKazamaru: Half-Elf Paladin (16 Str, 8 Dex, 14 Con, 10 Int, 12 Wis, 18 Cha)
[EC2] Carthinator: Human Bard (12 Str, 14 Dex, 16 Con, 18 Int, 8 Wis, 10 Cha)
Seph Baelzara: Gray Elf Wizard (8 Str, 14 Dex, 16 Con, 20 Int, 12 Wis, 8 Cha) Ability Used: Turn 1. Recharges: Turn 5.
Insanity Logic: Halfling Cleric (12 Str, 14 Dex, 10 Con, 18 Int, 16 Wis, 8 Cha)
bamaotaku Drow Wizard (8 Str, 8 Con, 14 Dex, 20 Int, 16 Wis, 12 Cha) Ability Used: Turn 1. Recharges: Turn 5.

Turn 1 Event Log
- Shingami Hiroshi has revealed the northern challenge - The Weak Bandits (Str, Cha). See it here.
- Insanity Logic moves to place himself in a prime position to take either path.
- Dragon HighLord Flambe rushes toward the north challenge, which has been revealed above.
- Vorastrix rushes to and passes Dragon, placing him only 1 space away from the challenge.
- bamaotaku moves close to the south challenge, but immediately warps right by it - skipping it, and leaving it unrevealed.
- iDragow winds up right in front of the south challenge.
- Raganui Minamoto has revealed the southern challenge - The Beartraps of Poorly Hiddenness (Dex, Int, Con). See it here.
- Oshi The Killer skirts the edge of the north challenge, pressing her back up against the great snowy wall.
- joe-dude667 makes.. an effort to get toward the south challenge, but doesn't go very far.
- Rain Yupa encounters the first challenge, giving a display of strength against the bandits which makes them back down.. yet again!
- NayrVentess just barely passes joe-dude667 on his way to the south challenge.
- After some interesting maneuvering, Seph Baelzara winds up ahead of everyone after passing the north challenge.
- Authority_Lex is delayed from beginning.
- JinKazemaru is delayed from beginning.
- Rock_DS is delayed from beginning.

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

Shingami Hiroshi rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 6 Total: 10 (2-12)

Shingami Hiroshi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:29 pm
The Incubus is the first to run off into the frozen waste land, looking back to give a vulgar gesture to the others acompanied by a demonic laugh. "HAHAHA, I ain't getting coal this year!"

Race: Incubus
Class: Rogue
Ability Scores:
Str: 16
Dex: 16
Con: 12
Int: 8
Wis: 10
Cha: 16

Starting point: A1
Ability: Using
Movement: (W>W>W>W>W>W>W>W>W>W)
Attribute: ?
Result: taking 12
Forced Back: ?

Avatar129142137 rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 5 Total: 7 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm
Race: Halfling
Class: Cleric
Ability Scores: 12 Str, 14 Dex, 10 Con, 18 Int, 16 Wis, 8 Cha

Starting Point: A4
Ability:
Movement: (Left) West 7 times (A4>W>W>W>W>W>W>W=H4??
Attribute:
Result:
Forced Back:

Dragon HighLord Flambe rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 3 Total: 7 (2-12)

Dragon HighLord Flambe

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:39 pm
Race:Gray Elf
Class: Wizard
Ability Scores:10 Str, 16 Dex, 8 Con, 16 Int, 18 Wis, 10 Cha

Ability:Teleport
Movement:>W>W>W>W>W>W>W, 7 west
Attribute:
Result:
Forced Back confused

Starting at A2

Edit:: Just writing it.  
Vorastrix rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 6 Total: 8 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:47 pm
Class: Cleric
Ability Scores:
10 Str, 16 Dex, 8 Con, 10 Int, 16 Wis, 18 Cha

Starting Point: A2
Ability:
Movement: W > W > W > W > W > W > W > W
Attribute:
Result:
Forced Back:

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:20 pm
- A challenge has been revealed by Shingami Hiroshi!
[01] Easy Challenge (North One): The Weak Bandits (Str, Cha)
After running across the plain and taking the north path, a certain Incubus may be surprised to find a bunch of bandits springing up out of the snow around him. They demand he pay the toll or be killed. After explaining to them why it would be a bad idea to attack him, the bandits ultimately decide to back down and simply wait for others to pass. [ A result of 15 (Charisma) passes the challenge. ]

- Insanity Logic moves to place himself in a prime position to take either path.

- Dragon HighLord Flambe rushes toward the north challenge, which has been revealed above.

- Vorastrix rushes to and passes Dragon, placing him only 1 space away from the challenge.

bamaotaku rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 2 Total: 7 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:38 pm
Race: Drow
Class: Wizard
Ability Scores:8 Str, 8 Con, 14 Dex, 20 Int, 16 Wis, 12 Cha
Starting Position: A7
Ability: Teleport
Movement: W>W>W>W>W>W>W>Teleport
Attribute:
Result:
Forced Back:

bamaotaku
Crew

iDragow rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 4 Total: 8 (2-12)

iDragow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:43 pm
Race: Elf
Class: Monk
Ability Scores: 16 Str, 16 Con, 16 Dex, 12 Int, 8 Wis, 10 Cha

Starting Point: A6
Ability: Available
Movement: 8 West
Attribute:
Result:
Forced Back:

Raganui Minamoto rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 4 Total: 9 (2-12)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:59 am
Class: Rogue
Ability Scores:
12 Str, 18 Dex, 12 Con, 18 Int, 10 Wis, 8 Cha

Ability:
Movement:Start A-6. W-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w
Attribute:
Result:
Forced Back:

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Oshi the Killer rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 6 Total: 9 (2-12)

Oshi the Killer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:30 am
Race:Half-Drow
Class:Ranger
Ability Scores:Str16, Dex18, Con12, Int10, Wis 14, Chr 8

Ability:
Movement: Starts at A5 8W, 1NW
Attribute:
Result:
Forced Back:

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 32 33 34 35 [>] [>>] [»|]