Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [ANIME] - A place exclusively for the DN anime. Post anime-related threads here.
Hopefully 4kids doesnt find out about it.... Edits Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Accidental Affinity

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:04 pm
and, of course, the hand cuffs would be much too kinky. it would have to be replaced with.... a friendship bracelet, that binds them together with love and niceness.
shoot me now.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:21 pm
Parents would proclaim that that even corrupts their children.

L will probably make Light promise.. . Oh, I can see it now. . .

L: Okay, so we still think you're a bad guy. You're going to have to stay here so we can watch you, OK?!?!
Light: Like, sure! I'm no bad guy! I'm a good guy!
L: We can go on a picnic later with everyone later on! It'll be fun!
*wonderful happy cheering and general prancing around HQ*

Shoot me first.

At least the slash writers will still have something to work with. stare  

Dracosilverwolf

Aged Werewolf

Wooper to Quagsire

Original Strawberry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:30 pm
Death Note isn't really a kids show. I can imagine 4kids getting Death Note. They would butcher the anime. There wouldn't be much left. eek This reminds me of a VG Cats comic about 4kids. Poor Luffy from One Piece . The horror! crying If that robot touches L, I'm going to blow up the robot!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:40 pm
tini_rini
Erein-san
I can see it now...

Light: *answers the door whn Misa first arrives*
Misa: Hi Light, I came by to show you my notebook! It's just like yours!
Light: ZOMG, REALLY? Well come on in then! *both go up stairs and cuts out Sayu and their mom's scene about misa's panties*
Misa: I want you to make me your best friend.
Light: *gasp* Okay!
Misa: Yay! Oh, and if you touch my notebook you can see a fairy!
Light: *touches and Rem appears* Woah it's a fairy!!!
Rem: *gets not speaking time* >_>;;
Light: I have a fairy too!
*misa sees Ryuk*
Misa: Well I have to go now, bye! *leaves without the whole kiss scene*
Light: ...Now I'm gonna write in my journal about what a great day I had! x3
[abrupt end of episode]

Or it'd be like...

L: Does [insert replacement name for Kira here] really want us to believe in the existance of fairies?!
Everyone: ...;;

....I think up weird things. eek

GAH they would have done that if they had gotten it!! OMG I'm so glad they didn't... that would've been so funny!!!!

I'm glad too. The parts with mello would be terrible, it'd be like they weren't a mafia anymore, more like a...um...a club.

Mello: We've kidnapped your daughter, but if you bring us your son's diary/notebook/journal we'll give her back. She's safe though, just hanging out in our clubhouse, so don't worry...

and then the other parts would be like:

Light: We're going to infiltrate mello's clubhouse and threaten steal borrow some chocolate!
since, yeah, they wouldn't say to kill Mello. >__> They'd be 'borrowing chocolate'.

And then the Hal-in-the-shower scene would be gone, Light's dad dying would be gone and he'd be out on some...secret journey for the rest of the series instead. And Misa's random fanservice-like scenes would be gone. mad D

duckinahurry1111

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:24 am
Erein-san
tini_rini
Erein-san
I can see it now...

Light: *answers the door whn Misa first arrives*
Misa: Hi Light, I came by to show you my notebook! It's just like yours!
Light: ZOMG, REALLY? Well come on in then! *both go up stairs and cuts out Sayu and their mom's scene about misa's panties*
Misa: I want you to make me your best friend.
Light: *gasp* Okay!
Misa: Yay! Oh, and if you touch my notebook you can see a fairy!
Light: *touches and Rem appears* Woah it's a fairy!!!
Rem: *gets not speaking time* >_>;;
Light: I have a fairy too!
*misa sees Ryuk*
Misa: Well I have to go now, bye! *leaves without the whole kiss scene*
Light: ...Now I'm gonna write in my journal about what a great day I had! x3
[abrupt end of episode]

Or it'd be like...

L: Does [insert replacement name for Kira here] really want us to believe in the existance of fairies?!
Everyone: ...;;

....I think up weird things. eek

GAH they would have done that if they had gotten it!! OMG I'm so glad they didn't... that would've been so funny!!!!

I'm glad too. The parts with mello would be terrible, it'd be like they weren't a mafia anymore, more like a...um...a club.

Mello: We've kidnapped your daughter, but if you bring us your son's diary/notebook/journal we'll give her back. She's safe though, just hanging out in our clubhouse, so don't worry...

and then the other parts would be like:

Light: We're going to infiltrate mello's clubhouse and threaten steal borrow some chocolate!
since, yeah, they wouldn't say to kill Mello. >__> They'd be 'borrowing chocolate'.

And then the Hal-in-the-shower scene would be gone, Light's dad dying would be gone and he'd be out on some...secret journey for the rest of the series instead. And Misa's random fanservice-like scenes would be gone. mad D

They'd probably cut out Mello completely because they would have cut the part where the NPA attacks the base, and it would be a pain to digitally edit out the scar forever after that.

Or they'd make Near say that Mello left to go on a trip somewhere.

And (Spoiler for chapter 58 ) L's death would be more like:

Rem: I'm going to go draw a picture of [Insert whatever L's new name would be here]!
*Watari's death is cut*
L: *falls out of chair*
Light: [Insert whatever L's new name would be here]! What happened?!
L: I'm tired. *falls asleep*
Light: *finds Rem's Death Note, and all of the sand and whatnot's been edited out* Rem left? *gets everyone else* Dad, here's a journal for you!
Yagami: Thanks, but I don't need it.

Also, Near and Mello would go by their real names. Light would have a field day, except they'd probably just be looking for their "big brother [Insert whatever L's new name would be here]" or something.

They'd have to make up a new name for L, though. L Lawliet doesn't sound like an American name.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:18 pm
Dracosilverwolf
Hell no for it being dubbed! Period! Might be easier to understand, but sacrifice that sexy voice acting already in place? Nuh-uh. Not worth it.

I know you can change the language on the DVDs, but I'll be tempted to listen to the dubbed version first.

It'll ruin it for anyone who wanted to convert into a death note devotee! D:

They do have rather nice Japanese voices don't they? whee I hate to see it dubed (well in theory I hate it. I intend to never watch the dub).

I very highly doubt 4kids will get DN. Most likely CN's Adult Swim will air it and still change it to fit American audiences and make it tv veiwable. Best case scenario is that the action channel or whatever will get it and put it on tv subbed. Or the anime channel thing that's out there. They might do a decent job airing it.

YaminoSadame

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:59 pm
YaminoSadame
Dracosilverwolf
Hell no for it being dubbed! Period! Might be easier to understand, but sacrifice that sexy voice acting already in place? Nuh-uh. Not worth it.

I know you can change the language on the DVDs, but I'll be tempted to listen to the dubbed version first.

It'll ruin it for anyone who wanted to convert into a death note devotee! D:

They do have rather nice Japanese voices don't they? whee I hate to see it dubed (well in theory I hate it. I intend to never watch the dub).

I very highly doubt 4kids will get DN. Most likely CN's Adult Swim will air it and still change it to fit American audiences and make it tv veiwable. Best case scenario is that the action channel or whatever will get it and put it on tv subbed. Or the anime channel thing that's out there. They might do a decent job airing it.

Death Note's been licensed by Viz. Everyone can rest easy now.

I'll probably watch an episode of the dub and decide then. The japanese voices are really good, though, so they have their work cut out for them if they want to top the original.

I really hope it doesn't get shown on TV though, especially not on Adult Swim. The only anime that typically do well on TV are shonen action series. Despite being published in Shonen Jump, Death Note doesn't have much action, so it probably won't do well on TV. Besides, it'd probably be more likely to appeal to fans of Detective Conan than InuYasha, and Conan flopped on Adult Swim.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:10 pm
my eyes they burn burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes  

kira_is_light_yagami

YaminoSadame

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:29 pm
zephyrkitty

Death Note's been licensed by Viz. Everyone can rest easy now.

I'll probably watch an episode of the dub and decide then. The japanese voices are really good, though, so they have their work cut out for them if they want to top the original.

I really hope it doesn't get shown on TV though, especially not on Adult Swim. The only anime that typically do well on TV are shonen action series. Despite being published in Shonen Jump, Death Note doesn't have much action, so it probably won't do well on TV. Besides, it'd probably be more likely to appeal to fans of Detective Conan than InuYasha, and Conan flopped on Adult Swim.

I know VIZ got it. It makes me cry. They've gotten a little better over the years, but their translations suck.

I won't watch the dub. There have been a grand total of three anime that have had good dubs and I'm honestly scared to watch a dub. Besides the Japanses voices are very good.

I agree, I don't really want it to air on tv. One reason is it'll get slaughtered and changed to fit the audience. Another reason is it'll gain the fan base that other anime have. I don't mean the fun fanbase, but the anime trendy people who watch anime because its the cool thing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:35 pm
zephyrkitty

They'd probably cut out Mello completely because they would have cut the part where the NPA attacks the base, and it would be a pain to digitally edit out the scar forever after that.

Or they'd make Near say that Mello left to go on a trip somewhere.

And (Spoiler for chapter 58 ) L's death would be more like:

Rem: I'm going to go draw a picture of [Insert whatever L's new name would be here]!
*Watari's death is cut*
L: *falls out of chair*
Light: [Insert whatever L's new name would be here]! What happened?!
L: I'm tired. *falls asleep*
Light: *finds Rem's Death Note, and all of the sand and whatnot's been edited out* Rem left? *gets everyone else* Dad, here's a journal for you!
Yagami: Thanks, but I don't need it.

Also, Near and Mello would go by their real names. Light would have a field day, except they'd probably just be looking for their "big brother [Insert whatever L's new name would be here]" or something.

They'd have to make up a new name for L, though. L Lawliet doesn't sound like an American name.

Yeah, I think they would make Mello and Soichiro just have a conversation, no explosions or fighting, and then Mello goes to...Hawaii for the rest of the series. xD And the guns they use would be water guns. And every single dead person would be edited out. O_O

And yeah, they wouldn't let him keep his name..He'd be Larry the Detective or something. xD

duckinahurry1111

-Blind Voyeur-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:37 pm
I'd actually love to see a sample of what it'd look like if 4Kids got it, and I mean from 4Kids just for shits and giggles.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:14 pm
Definitley don't think 4kids would liscence it. And if the voice acting is bad on the DVD, I'm perfectly fine with watching the original version. They have really nice voices. 3nodding

hydroh

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:31 pm
mew_mew_mi-chan
I'd actually love to see a sample of what it'd look like if 4Kids got it, and I mean from 4Kids just for shits and giggles.

Ask and you shall recieve.

Parodies are hilarious.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:44 pm
I'm excited about it, now that VIZ got it! The voices are crappy, but it is the best we can do...

I'll watch the dub first, just to grasp the meaning of what they are saying to understand it by voice; then I will go watch the sub from then on...

I love Mr. Lawliet...Thats a kick-a** name.  

Emi Snicklefritz

3,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Haruna

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:26 pm
lol breath note... ><  
[ANIME] - A place exclusively for the DN anime. Post anime-related threads here.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games