Welcome to Gaia! ::

Air Gear: Kings of Kanto [U/C]

Back to Guilds

With Storm Riding at its most popular height, A civil war is brewing to combat its Gentrification. 

Tags: Air Gear, Roleplay, Semi-literate, Slice of Life, Fandom 

Reply [The Archives] Recycling Bin
[Turf] Promenade Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jak1Strider

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:03 pm
User Image
User Image

MOOD ▬ ❝ relaxed LOCATION ▬ ❝ Promenade COMPANY ▬ ❝ Ruka

Zeno watched as Ruka turned swiping her hand in his direction as he noticed the wire come from her sleeve. "Impressive" Zeno says as he lets them hit, feeling a bit of a shock. Zeno smiled as the shock had no effect seeing as he pretty much lived around electricity and his yoyos. "Not good enough Ruka." Zeno calls out taking his speed up a notch. As he slowly approached Ruka from behind he turn to notice the cars going by him at a bit of a faster speed. "Well then." Zeno says smiling largely as the rush began to hit him. His hair began to stand up as his eyes would glaze over from excitement. Zeno then caught up with Ruka and looked over at her and waved. "Well guess ill see you at the finish huh." Zeno says while kicking his speed up a notch rushing ahead to his apartment.

Out Of Coinsooo lala

QueenBAD_KittyKat

Lightning Strikes- 122
                                          Lightning Used-
                                          Wear-
                                          Trick Learned- 129
                                          Read 20
                                          Acc-8
                                          Str-7
                                          Sta-3
                                          Jmp-3
                                          Air-5 sec

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ruka

Ruka heard Zeno say "Not good enough Ruka.", but she know that. Zeno's speed kicked in and he caught up with Ruka. She looked over at him. "It's okay, but with time my friend." She beamed as Zeno pulled ahead of her saying, "Well I guess I'll see you at the finish." Ruka kicked into whatever little speed she had left to stay at least within 2-5 feet of Zeno. Once she got in front of the building, Ruka took a few breathes to slow down her heart beat. "Damn he's fast." She panned out. Ruka looked up, from her bent over position ,to see where Zeno was.

It's fun being a daddy's girl. I get anything I want!!!

Jak 1 Strider

QueenBAD_KittyKat
Vice Captain

Interesting Genius

6,675 Points
  • Married 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Friendly 100

Jak1Strider

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:26 pm
User Image
User Image

Zeno arrived at the finish, the front of his apartment, and slid to a stop. Zeno turned to see Ruka catching her breathe. "I win." Zeno says giving Ruka the peace sign with a smug smile. "oh and about the wager, id say we go on that date tomorrow..." Zeno says while pulling out his phone. "I have a couple things to settle tonight so we will go tomorrow, also ill walk you home, if your going there next. Also if you dont mind cani get your number, and ill call you when im coming to pick you up." Zeno says handing his phone over to Ruka for her number. He didn't think she would mind, not much any who.

Out Of Coins

QueenBAD_KittyKat

Lightning Strikes- 122
                                          Lightning Used-
                                          Wear-
                                          Trick Learned- 129
                                          Read 20
                                          Acc-8
                                          Str-7
                                          Sta-3
                                          Jmp-3
                                          Air-5 sec

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:47 pm

Ruka

Ruka stood up straight. A smile spread across her face. "It's only because I wanted you to." Ruka knew she wasn't going to beat Zeno, but she gave it her all."Tomorrow sounds great. I could use some sleep. It's been a long productive day." Ruka took out her phone handing it to Zeno as she took his from his hand. "All you do is swipe the screen. At the bottom is a phone icon. You tap it, and a dial pad should come up. Type in your number using the keyboard that pops up. Once your number is in, a message should pop up under the number. One will say "new contact" and the other will say "update contact". Click new contact. Use the keyboard to type your name. Scroll all the way down and press save. I know lots of instructions compared to your phone." Ruka easily put her number in Zeno's phone and saved it. "I'll be expecting that call, and sure let's walk to the hotel." Ruka grabbed Zeno hand putting his phone in his pocket and began to walk. "So where are we going?" Ruka hoped Zeno would tell her.

Jak 1 Strider

QueenBAD_KittyKat
Vice Captain

Interesting Genius

6,675 Points
  • Married 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Friendly 100

Jak1Strider

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:16 pm
User Image
User Image

Zeno rides next to Ruka while he palces his numebr in her phone. He sits his conact as Zeno and tosses Ruka her phone. "Where we going, you mean on the date. Ill let it be a surprise." Zeno says with a smirka s they reach Rukas house. "Well, this is your stop, and with that ill take myy l;eave." Zeno says with a bow. "Also, it was a lot of fun, see you again." Zeno says, as he gives her teh peaqece sign and then rides intoa nearby alley, he then uses the walls to make it all the way to the top. He then lands on the roof and takes a deep breathe while lookign around. "Now to find some people to fight." Zeno mumbles to hismelf as he opens his phone psoting on BBS chat then clsoing it. He then rides off ready for a fight.
                                          EXIT

Out Of Coins

QueenBAD_KittyKat

Lightning Strikes- 122
                                          Lightning Used-
                                          Wear-
                                          Trick Learned- 129
                                          Read 20
                                          Acc-8
                                          Str-7
                                          Sta-3
                                          Jmp-3
                                          Air-5 sec

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:44 pm

Ruka

Ruka didn't want Zeno to leave, but she need some rest. She controlled her emotions as Zeno gave her the peace sign and took his leave. She walked into the hotel and took the elevator to room. She opened the door and walked to the bed. She sat down and sighed. "He's making the location a secret." Ruka excepted that, but wanted to know. Ruka took a warm bath, put her hair in big rollers, tied it up, took out some PJ's from home and put them on, and tucked herself in bed. "Tomorrow will be a great day. I get to go on a date with Zeno." Ruka fell asleep with Zeno on her mind and what their first date could be. She didn't have to think about what she was going to wear. Ruka had it all planed out.

Jak 1 Strider

QueenBAD_KittyKat
Vice Captain

Interesting Genius

6,675 Points
  • Married 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Friendly 100

Steel Lapin

Magnetic Bunny

10,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:17 pm
User Image

Cecil Lancaster
The Vanishing Magician
•••▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬•••

§ Acceleration: 6
§ Strength: 0
§ Stamina: 5
§ Jump: 5
§ Air Time: 4

INDENT§ The magician snapped his phone shut, and took a look around him. The remainder of his possession won't be in town for another couple days, and they will be sent directly to his apartment in a different part of town. But my oh my. This promenade was a great stage for a bit of a show. The map said he was in Brooklyn. Guess he should have made a note of that in his post on the forum. Oh well. Cecil didn't want to start a performance just yet though. Kicking his feet to get his ATs into Geared mode, he started riding around, just enjoying the sights. He probably stood out quite a bit, but he didn't care about it. All he was doing was looking around, and planning out a good performance.

Tricks

Riders Present

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:01 am

Ruka

Ruka woke up the next morning excited about her date with Zeno. She jumped out of bed. She went to the bathroom, brushed her teeth, applied acne cream to her face, washed it off, walked back into the room, and grabbed her phone. She walked out the room taking the elevator down to breakfast. Ruka was missing her mom and dad back at home. She wish that she could have taken that trip with her mom to The Riverwalk now. Sighing sitting down at one of the tables at breakfast, Ruka pulls out her phone and goes to her mother's contact. She looks at the picture they took on her 16th birthday in the background.With a tear coming down her face, she pulled up her text message. Ruka texted Ema. "Hi mommy, It's Ruka. I miss you and daddy. I'm having fun here in New York. Tell Daddy I had my first parts war. I didn't win, but I tried my hardest. Mommy, I meet a boy named Zeno. He is amazing. He's even protected me.We have a date today. I'll call after the date and tell you how it went. I love you and sorry for the big block of text." Ruka got up, walked over to the breakfast island, got eggs, bacon, and a biscuit. She got coffee after eating and went back up to get dressed. She threw on some clothes from home leaving her hair tied up. She put on her air treks. "Well time for a morning ride." Ruka rode out the hotel into the sidewalk and looked up at the early morning sun. "It's a beautiful day." Ruka rode four blocks.

Jak 1 Strider

TheRealKiru

NegativeJ3T

QueenBAD_KittyKat
Vice Captain

Interesting Genius

6,675 Points
  • Married 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Friendly 100

Steel Lapin

Magnetic Bunny

10,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:53 pm
User Image

Cecil Lancaster
The Vanishing Magician

§ Acceleration: 7
§ Strength: 3

INDENT§ While travelling the promenade, Cecil realized he really needed to work on his skills as a rider if he wanted to actually compete in the States. There were a lot of skills to learn as well. Cecil was going to work hard in riding backwards. The supposed "Moon Walk" trick. The idea behind it was simple enough. Ride backwards. The actual execution was...less simple. Cecil repeatedly picked up momentum and rotated around, but just...could not keep his balance. He blamed the fact he was so new to riding, but still, it was embarrassing to keep falling down repeatedly while trying to learn so simple a concept. Well, nothing to it but to work on it. Cecil took a moment to break down his forward riding into its components, much like his magic tricks. Momentum, Balance, Force. Normally you would build speed by pushing with your foot, but going backwards, while the same is a different set of muscles. That changes how you would maintain your balance. Going forward, you can also see the road, backwards, you have to constantly check. There is more complex movement in Moon Walk that standard riding. That never stopped Cecil before though. No, so he stood up again, and started slow. Every movement was carefully thought about before executing. Instead of his calves and quads working together...his shin's helped push with the calves. Cecil would constantly check behind him, a hand on a rail. He would not fall again. Going forward, it was easy to lower your center of gravity to maintain balance. Going backwards, it was difficult to realize that in the same very slight crouch, you get the same effect, especially when pushing backwards straightens out your leg. This creates a situation of near constant movement and fluidity in the body, that standard riding doesn't have. Checking behind also caused this exchange of movement that could destabilize the rider. Oh there was just so much going on with this skill, that Cecil just...took a quick break and began to glide around going forward. It is about this time, when it finally clicked. He was over thinking it. He had all the parts, he wasn't unifying them. So Cecil seemed to dance, switching to Moon Walk and enjoying the movement, realizing he didn't need the constant flow of the movement, but instead the anchor of his feet. His feet needed maintain their connection to the ground more than normal, as such, he would use slightly more power than going forward to push himself backwards. Consistently looking behind him, Cecil would move his hand away from the rail, and let his body learn what this felt like. He let himself gain confidence, until he began to just...glide. It was wonderful to him, a glorious feeling of not knowing and knowing where he was going. It enabled him to look around more, enjoying the sights of the promenade. Cecil would shift between his normal riding and Moon Walking, just...going with the flow. It was perhaps one of the greatest moments of his time here so far. Now, he just needed to further expand his repertoire of skills. Perhaps something more useful in the event of a Parts War. - [Moon Walk learned - 532/500]

•••▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬•••

Tricks

Riders Present

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:10 am

Ruka

Ruka got about a block into her ride before her phone buzzed in her pocket. She took it out and her face it up when she saw it was a text from her mom. She read the text and laughed at the end when her mom said she’d ride up to New York is curb stomp Zeno’s manhood if he hurt her. Ruka wasn’t worried about the credit card situation with her father at all. She knew if all this time he hasn’t gone crazy about it missing, he would be alright. Ruka texted Ema back, “Don’t hurt him mom. He’s been good to me. I’m not worried about daddy. He hasn’t flipped yet. I will call after the date. I really do miss you and love you.” Ruka feeling sad just wanted to kick it up a notch. “Maybe I should try a trick.”

Ruka put her phone in her pocket. Ruka looked up at the telephone wires that was hanging above her head. “I got it!” Ruka went to a telephone pole and used the metal rods to climb it. Ruka looked down a little afraid of hurting herself, but she was determined to at least try. She glades one of her air treks across the telephone wires and feels the electricity chores through her. Feeling the rush, she steps fully onto he telephone wires. Her eyes start to turn stormy grey. Ruka felt the electricity shooting through her veins. She slowly glides down the wires only creating small sparks. Ruka needed to focus and not be scared of being so high or falling. She gave herself a pep-talk. “Come on Ruka. You can do this. It will be okay.” Ruka claimed back up the pole tried gliding down at a medium speed. She saw her blue sparks and got excited, but when she go to the end, she fell over. She landed on her hands and knees. “Thank God my knees have fresh bandages on them, but now my hands have little cuts on them.” Ruka rode to a store on the concern and paid for some Band-Aids and cream. She washed the blood off her hands in the stores bathroom, dries them, placed cream and bandage on them. She went back out. “Okay Ruka. You was doing well until you got excited. Pay attention and stay focus. And no more hurting yourself.” Ruka scowled at herself. Ruka climbed up the pole that was on the curb. She channeled all her energy and speed and flew down the power line. She came to a screeching halt at the end of the line. She caught her breathe also collapsing on the sidewalk after landing. Once she was able to regain full stability, Ruka eyes turned back blue. She gave herself a nod of approval. “I did it.” (Air Line learned, words:324)

TheRealKiru

NegativeJ3T

QueenBAD_KittyKat
Vice Captain

Interesting Genius

6,675 Points
  • Married 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Friendly 100

Jak1Strider

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:14 pm
John Mangolo
F Rank
Lather Road

💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧

John rides into the Promenade, bobbing his head up and down, as the music played within his head phones. John smiled as he began to sing a bit of it aloud, but a bit too loud, as people around him were looking at him. John didn't care much about them as he stopped in front of his shop and slides of his headphones, letting them wrap around his neck. He then looked up at the place and smirked. "Well, time for work." John says while taking a key out of his pocket and placing it into the lock. He flicks it to the right and hears a click before opening the door. He then turned the sign to open and rides to the back of the shop where he takes off his ATs and puts on regular shoes. He then sits down behind the counter and puts his headphones back on while waiting for customers to come to his music store.

Water Dropped-
Water Used-
READ- 20
Acc- 10
Str- 2
Sta- 5
Jmp- 3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:00 pm
User Image

Cecil Lancaster
The Vanishing Magician

§ Acceleration: 7
§ Strength: 3

INDENT§ Cecil flipped open his phone and noted that not a single soul has posted a response. Oh well. Guess he would go have some fun by himself. Coney Island was a good spot to get into a race or two. The young man enjoyed a bit of a leisure ride out of the Promenade, ready to get started on some competition around here.

[Exit]

•••▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬•••

Tricks

Riders Present

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Steel Lapin

Magnetic Bunny

10,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250

QueenBAD_KittyKat
Vice Captain

Interesting Genius

6,675 Points
  • Married 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:31 pm

Ruka

Ruka was happy with her accomplishment. She decided to not ride any farther down the street. She turned around and rode to the end of the block. She looked at the time and saw it was 10 am. she saw a person go into a shop on the right. She read the sign on the window that said it was a music shop. She loved music. She remembered growing up with her brother Zane Jr, and she would hear him singing down the hall from her room. She would sneak and sit outside his door listening. One day went Ruka was about 12, she asked her brother to give her singing lessons. Yes she thought her brother was a pain in the a**, but she loved listening to him. So Ruka had been singing with her brother since then on. She went in and saw the kid behind the counter. She gave him a little wave and went over to the RnB section of the store. She looked at some of the albums she knew. One was Alicia Keys "As I am". She looked at the back and found her favorite song called No One. She went and sat in one of the booths and put the CD in the player. She skipped to her song and it started playing through the store. She started singing along.

Jak 1 Strider

No reply necessary. I'm just used to quoting you, but it is your character's music shop. I'm just passing through.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:03 pm
John Mangolo
F Rank
Lather Road

John hears the doorbel jingle as a young girl walks in to his store. John nods at her as she waves at him before going through some of the music. He watched as she took a seat and began listening to the music. She even sang with it a bit. John takes off his headphones and listens to her voice and nods. "Not bad." John says before placing his headphones back onto his ear and then scoots his chair to the nearby cpu, where he begins typiing.

Water Dropped-
Water Used-
READ- 20
Acc- 10
Str- 2
Sta- 5
Jmp- 3

Jak1Strider

[The Archives] Recycling Bin

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items