Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Archived
[Archive] ♥☽ For the Love of Nox Basket Contest ☾♥ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:31 pm

☽♥ I Have Loved the Night ♥☾

Username: Kaya Wolf Moon

Amores and Nox Questions
When did Anaon Max out on Stats? [Month/Year] March 2012
When did Coop Max out on Stats? [Month/Year] March 2015
What is the symbol on Anaon’s talbard [aka Anaon's Crest]? Three claw marks with what looks to be a broken heart.
What does Anaon’s name mean? Underworld
What does the last name of Nox mean? Night
What is the name of Anaon’s Familiar? What does the name mean? Language? Her name is Alma. Depending on the language, the meaning of her name changes. Here are some of the more common languages and their meaning: Latin, "nourishing mother"; Spanish, "soul"; Greek, "jump."
What did Anaon want to be before going on this journey? A spy
What is the name of the flower that they are searching for? Destiny's Flame
What does this flower supposedly do? Provides protection against flames to the one who ingests it.
Where is this flower located? The exact location isn't known as of yet. However, it is said to be in the desert somewhere.
What does this flower look like? Picture of flower

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:36 pm

Username: AstoriaFallen

Creative Points
Do I (Thalea) have permission to use your art work submitted? Yes
Draw/paint/make me a pretty picture.
User Image
Design the Nox-Amores crest.
User Image
Art of Anaon's Crest.

User Image
Art of the Amores' Family Crest.
User Image

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

Teh Cheryl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:52 pm

Username: Teh Cheryl

Random Points
What is Thalea studying in school? Physical Therapy
Thalea's real name starts with an M, can you guess it? Markus Marquise (I feel like I'm cheating.)
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop? THREE
Who was Thalea's first fully owned soquili? Wystan
Thalea was someone else before she was Thalea, do you know what that old Gaia Username was? Priestess of Avalon
When did Thalea join Gaia? 10/25/04
Do you have any of Callan descendants or will in the future because of breedings? Nopie nope nope
Find the link to Thalea’s plot thread and post the plot you think is the most interesting.
❦ Star Crossed: Xo falls in love with a stallion or mare who is completely off limits. Who is this dashing stranger and why are they off limits? What will happen with Xo after this romance?
But really, if you haven't found a stallion for this, I'd like to offer up Orion. He's already in love with another mare but he doesn't realize it until he kinda sorta starts a relationship up with another and then kinda has an epiphany. So, if you wanna give Xo a little taste of heartbreak. So yeah, let me know if you might be interested. <<

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:01 pm

Creative Points
Do I (Thalea) have permission to use your art work submitted? Yes.
Draw/paint/make me a pretty picture. Incantare's Treasure
Design the Nox-Amores crest. Nox-Amores Crest
Art of Anaon's Crest. Anaon's Crest
Art of the Amores' Family Crest. Amores Crest

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:17 pm

Random Points
What is Thalea studying in school? Physical Therapy
Thalea's real name starts with an M, can you guess it? Marie
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop? Let's find out. One...Two-hoo...Three. *snap* Three!
Who was Thalea's first fully owned soquili? Wystan
Thalea was someone else before she was Thalea, do you know what that old Gaia Username was? Priestess of Avalon
When did Thalea join Gaia? October 25, 2004
Do you have any of Callan descendants or will in the future because of breedings? Nope
Find the link to Thalea’s plot thread and post the plot you think is the most interesting. Isabliss Plots. I think I might have a stallion to offer on her for phase three, if you are interested. Though, he is unedited so I'm not sure if that'd be something you'd like.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:12 am

♥☽ For the Love of Nox ☾♥

I AM TRYING FOR: P!nk 1

Name: Agape "Anomie" Amores-Nox

Name Meaning: unconditional love of night; alienation from love and night

Temper: Disturbed

Personality: This foal is all mixed up, and will be for quite some time. The given name meant universal love; perhaps the father understands the concept that takes a lifetime or more to understand. What child can understand the parent before they have begun to experience the world? Agape only sees how love has harmed their father. They value their parent's love and try to live by that standard, but a division of the mind develops over time. While wanting to love and be loved, it seems that what one gives is rarely given in return, nor equally. The foal begins to wonder if their father's actions are foolish or insane, despite the proof otherwise. Their conflicting views of life and love twist them enough that and they choose the name "Anomie" instead. However, at the core of this foal's being is a sense of compassion. It is given and received so freely early on that it must be battered, lost, re-discovered, and strengthened through life lessons to become truly pure. Hopefully, in the end both father and foal will find the happiness they crave and deserve.

Plots:
I would love any plots that help facilitate this child's journey in understanding love, its many facets, and its adverserial concepts. Some ideas include:

- Showered with love from Coop, Agape wishes to share the same with others. The whole process is enjoyable, and Agape is not able to understand in words (at first) that this is one (of many) ways beings build bonds. Perhaps at first, the foal sees only this interaction and expects it to be universally practiced and understood, not realizing that suffering is a thing and that even (or especially) Coop goes through.

- Agape witnesses their father's pain and how he deals with loss. When might that happen? Perhaps upon seeing Agape for the first time, he sees their mother staring back at him? At that time, a newborn will not understand that expression, perhaps not even remember it, but it might leave a lasting, hidden impression. How will the foal interpret it the first time? Over time? Many times? Agape's pain is felt on behalf of their father and ruminates upon it and how it relates to all the love that has been shown. This may very well become an obsession.

- Agape tries to love for the sake of love but fails early on. Perhaps it is the impatience of youth. Perhaps a conclusion is formed that equal love (giving and receiving equally) does not exist beyond the family unit, having come to believe that, while enjoyable, love is a transaction at its root. The counterbalance therefore, is a development of hate, or worse, apathy. A sense of alienation grows within Agape between core beliefs and reality. They may even feel alienated from, or estrange themselves from, their family. Around this time, Agape will become Anomie in name and in truth.

- Perhaps Anomie will come to despise their family's (and/or other's) efforts to love and see them as inferior. Why do they not see that those outside of their family are not worth the trouble? The heartache? Perhaps Anomie will develop a taste for sadism and fall in with a "wrong crowd," though I am not sure how far this spiral should go. I will leave that to future plot and RP development. At present I see true violence going too far against the grain, so it may well take an outside source to drive them that far. So perhaps it is merely a prank gone too far, thus resulting in great harm to another. Or perhaps Anomie is wronged by one they loved. Perhaps an act of hate leads to realizing a bond of empathy, and thus an epiphany.

- I want Agape to have a confrontation their mother and/or her family at some point. This foal needs to witness many different perspectives, and I feel that the most potent of these would be their mother's. No matter how this confrontation goes, I would very much prefer a resolution eventually.

- Notes: I see Agape/Anomie developing an interest in bones, feathers, dead animals, broken plant stems, lightning-struck trees, etc. This would be the kid who pokes at a corpse not quite expecting what will happen next. I do not see this developing into any homicidal tendency, more of a scientific curiosity that will contribute to their overall outlook on the world.

Anything else? Thank you very much for sharing this fascinating family!

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:50 am

Username:
Answer me this: P!nk 1, PINK 2 | Yes! I like both of them. <3

Name: Agape "Anomie" Amores-Nox

Name Meaning: "unconditional love of night; alienation from love and night" That was my answer. At least that was my intention. I chose Amores-Nox because Dastan uses that format and it seemed both reasonable and alphabetical to keep with it.

Temper: Disturbed

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:27 am

I AM TRYING FOR: P!nk 1, PINK 2

Name: Loveday Amores-Nox

Name Meaning: Given to children born on a love day, which was a 12th century English tradition dedicated to settling personal disputes in a peaceful manner. However, in context of the shop, I would assume that Coop and Anaon gave the basket this name due to their love for it.

Temper: Overwhelming

Personality: This foal has strong feelings about everything. Somewhere between bipolar and opinionated, whatever Loveday feels in that moment, everyone will know about. If they are happy, they are the happiest foal in the world, but if they are sad, they will literally cry you a river. Ideas work in a similar way: if they get an idea in their head, they will pursue this idea until they deem it finished (or impossible) even at the expense of those around them.

Plots: My Father's Foal - Like their father, this foal is a matchmaker and when their mama leaves her father heartbroken, they just won't stand for that! They will find their dad a new love or die trying! (Family and stranger plots. Will Coop try to dissuade his foal from their path, or will Loveday succeed in bringing someone home that Coop falls permanently for. Interaction and advise gathering from other Amores family members would be loved, so the foal could get a better grasp of who their dad might like better.)

Matchmaker, Matchmaker - Now an adult, Loveday strikes out on their own in order to help the loveless. (Whether this still includes their father or not is a family plot related matter.) They begin by broadcasting their matchmaking skills, but are pleased to find that others want to come to them for love advice! (Some of their matches go well, others do not, the Soq becomes a more rounded and experienced adult in having to deal with unhappy return customers.)

A Match for the Matchmaker - For all they've been pairing other Soquili up together, Loveday has never experienced love themselves. Whether they've been too busy courting on other's behalf or whether it's the underlying fear of abandonment like they associate with their parents is unclear. Of course, they would never admit this to one of their customers--it would be bad for business! Still...somehow word gets out and their friends insist that they must fall in love if they want to create better matches! (Romance or comedy plots here. Maybe they get set up with someone from a third party like they have been doing, or maybe their love stumbles across them quite by accident.)

Anything else? Thanks for the chance to become part of the family!

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:33 am

Username: belloblossom
Answer me this: P!nk 1, PINK 2 | Yes, they're both lovely.

Name: Loveday Amores-Nox

Name Meaning: In 12th century England a love day was a day to settle disputes and personal arguments, but I feel as though Coop and Ananon named their basket this to remind it that it will always be loved.

Temper: Overwhelming

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:23 pm

I AM TRYING FOR: Basket 1

Name: Ayomide Amores-Nox
Name Meaning: Means "My Joy has arrived" in Yoruba

Temper: Affectionate

Personality: Whereas one of his siblings is the bridge between the gaps of their torn families, Ayomide has inherited Coop's personality traits and embraces the idea of love and all it has to offer. While others played and explored as a child, Ayomide is different. Instead, they have taken to become their father's shadow as they follow behind Coop wanting to hear a neverending tale of love and stories of past matches. Their favorite is those of heroic love, the idea of a gallant knight rescuing a damsel; much like their father had done to their mother. Ayomide tries not to hold hate or anger for their mother's action, though there is notch of abandonment that has settled upon their heart. Yet this only makes the foal want to be that much closer to Coop so as not to loose the last parent that is still in their life. ((Basic starting point as I know rp from this point will mold and shape the character. biggrin ))

Plots:
Plots:
1. Of course, there is a must for family rp. With both Coop (as Ayo would be always looking up to him) and their siblings.

2. I would love a rp with Ayo and Dastan. Perhaps where Ayo is trying to convince Dastan that he puts to much faith in the idea that his appearance will scare away others from listening to his tales. Ayo will attempt to help Dastan get over that concept and to embrace everything he wishes from his life, including being the hopeless romantic that he is. I don't know if there would be resentment or not from Dastan's end from his sibling trying to help, but I think it would be interesting. Also, it would be a way to open up more rpies between the two siblings.

3. Ayo knows the story of how their mother had abandoned them and though there is slight resentment in their feelings, Ayou feels the need to fill that darken part of their heart with love. I'd like a plot where perhaps they seek out their mother, not to yell or accuse but to see what she is about. Why did their father love her? Was she truly as wonderful as she was betrayed? Did she miss them? Ect.

4. As time progresses, Ayo will learn that love is easily given, but not always returned. Their heart will fall quickly for those who have striked their interest and though they may never find that affection returned, they will always have part of them associated with that individual.

5. Since Matchmaking is the profession Ayo's father has been doing for years upon years, so to will the foal take interest in doing such things. They will hopefully learn from Coop the skills and understanding exactly what it takes to create the perfect match before actually attempting to do so in the beginning.

6. I think the first match that Ayo will be a major keystone in their life. It will be filled with nervousness, excitement and of course, wondering if it will truly work and bring both the happiness that Ayo will predict.

7. And of course, Love for Ayo! Plus hopefully many more plot ideas!

Anything else? Thank you for this opportunity <3

Zempre

Zempre

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:28 pm

Username: Zempre
Answer me this: {What is your basket preference: P!nk 1, PINK 2, Either? Are you okay with getting the other basket if the winner of the personality contest picks the one you previously wanted? If you answer "No" all your raffle points will be removed if the remaining basket is not the one you want.} Pink 1, Pink 2 | Answer: Yes

Name: Ayomide Amores-Nox

Name Meaning: Means "My joy has arrived" in Yoruba

Temper: Affectionate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:48 pm

Username: Sesshiyasha
Answer me this: Pink 1, Pink 2 | Answer: Yes

Name: Aishiteru Nox-Amores

Name Meaning: Japanese for "I love you"

Temper: Mischievous

sesshiyasha

Deadly Werewolf

14,425 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

sesshiyasha

Deadly Werewolf

14,425 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:01 pm

Username: Sesshiyasha

Amores Questions
What does the last name Amores mean? Many Loves
What do all of those in the Amores family aid with? Love and Match making! <3 Should you ever need any help... you have but only to ask <3
What is the Amores Family Crest? A tree with heart shaped roots.
Currently how many members of the Amores Family are there in Soquili right now? Who are they? Phile Amores, Esmeralda Amores, Cedric Amores, Coop Amores, Valentine Amores, Love.... Sooo..... Six?
Who is/are the matriarch/patriarch(s) of the Amores Family? Angelina and Trisana Being Twin Matriarchs
What happened in Coop’s past that made him scared of skinwalkers? His Love was cursed and turned skinwalker, she attacked him and his sister.
Who is Coop’s sister and what does he think happened to her? What really happened to her? He believes she is dead after the walker attack. In reality she was helped by a unicorn healer that was traveling with some knights, so she was healed.
What is the name of Coop’s first love’s sister? Hmm.... Looked through a lot... I couldn't find it, though I did find a lot of "Her" and "The Mare" >.> Sooo....??? -Looks forward to this answer!-

Amores and Nox Questions
When did Anaon Max out on Stats? [Month/Year] Feb, 2012 (Announcement would have been the next month)
When did Coop Max out on Stats? [Month/Year] Feb, 2015 (Announcement would have been the next month)
What is the symbol on Anaon’s talbard [aka Anaon's Crest]? Broken Heart with Claw marks across.
What does Anaon’s name mean? Underworld
What does the last name of Nox mean? Night or Goddess of the Night
What is the name of Anaon’s Familiar? What does the name mean? Language?
What did Anaon want to be before going on this journey? A Pony Spy
What is the name of the flower that they are searching for? Destiny Flower
What does this flower supposedly do? Destiny Flower is said to make one who eats the flower's core immune to flames burning upon the body. (Though I am sure it does not work on actual flames unfortunately v.v)
Where is this flower located? I believe it's located in the desert! <3
What does this flower look like?
User Image

Written Creativity Points
Do you have any plots for the foal? What are they? Plots for the foal would be to find a couple of single mares/stallions and then put them together in a "Mixer" form and then when two seem to work, push them until they become a perfect match. This could backfire as well, and I would want to have a couple plots where the foal realizes that They can't just put everyone together, and life is not just about matchmaking. <3
What is the foal’s personality? Happy go lucky, with a bit of mysterious on the side considering they will constantly be looking for the new hopeful lover, and who to pair them with and who would go well together and who wouldn't <3
Write a love song or poem. It could be about the foal, Coop & Ana, or anything. -Brain Died- RIP v.v
Do you have a 2016 rp? Link? Zanzibar, Zavari, and Firiel This is the one where Zavari and Firiel are going to Find Zanzibar after their long search across the Kawani lands... but he will not be the Brother/Friend they remember him too be... He has changed a bit in his "Curse"
Why did you pick the lastname for the foal that you did? I thought it would be better to bring the two very well known families together <3 I would want to honor both families with the foal instead of just one. It's important to know where you have come from so you know where you are going.
What does Nox or Amores mean to you? Amores means to me that Love can conquer anything, you just need to give it a chance. Nox is the love of the night! They go together wonderfully because the night time can be a wonderful time to put people in love together and have their love flourish! <3
If you were a member of the Amores family, what would your job/position be? Matchmaker. Would want to put people together and see them fall in love <3 Fresh love and uniting people would be the focus! <3

Creative Points
Do I (Thalea) have permission to use your art work submitted? Yes <3 If You really want too <3
Draw/paint/make me a pretty picture. HERE HAVE A PRETTY WINGED FROST TIGER PICTURE!!! (You said anything <3)
Design the Nox-Amores crest. HERE
Art of Anaon's Crest. -Brain Died again- v.v
Art of the Amores' Family Crest. -Yups... Dead Again- v.v

Random Points
What is Thalea studying in school? Physical Therapy???
Thalea's real name starts with an M, can you guess it? Umm.... Melissa?
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop? One, Two-hoo, Threee...... -Bite- The world may never know......
Who was Thalea's first fully owned soquili? Wystan??
Thalea was someone else before she was Thalea, do you know what that old Gaia Username was? O.O -Does not know-
When did Thalea join Gaia? October 2004
Do you have any of Callan descendants or will in the future because of breedings? Not that I know of? If I do then we definitely need more plots together!!! <3 -Hoards all the plots!-
Find the link to Thalea’s plot thread and post the plot you think is the most interesting. PLOT THREAD!!! Oh god.. I love all plots... But... Hmm.... Favorite.... I think either Isa's or Nakita's plot lines would be my favorites <3 I love harpies so the Harpigeni is an awesome concept to me, and Isa is just adorable! <3 This is probably my favorite RP though! <3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:52 pm

I AM TRYING FOR: The Calico / pink 2

Name: Callicas Peerma Nox

Name Meaning: Not really, I just thought it was pretty

Temper: Jealous

Personality: Callicas has a tendency towards easy jealousy,

Plots: I'd prefer RP. I don't like plots.

Anything else? This is a really pretty pairing, I think they're both gorgeous

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:26 pm

Written Creativity Points
Do you have any plots for the foal? What are they?
We Are Family- Incantare has yet to meet the entirety of her family. She wants to get to know them. To see if they have the same odd affinity for love that her father and sibling(s) do. (Or, the day that Incantare realized that she was different and that it is okay.)

Lumos- Even the faintest of lights can brighten the darkest of places. Incantare must show a disheartened young foal that the world can be as dark or as bright as one wishes it to be. (Or, the day that Incantare met her soulmate and true love.)

The Other- Since she was a foal, Incantare has heard the story of how her father’s sister was brutally murdered by his ex-lover. A sense of curiosity pulls at the young mare and she decides to journey to the spot where it happened. Something unexpected is waiting in the wings for her when she arrives. A chance encounter sure to hold a lasting memory. (Or, the day Incantare met her aunt.)

Now You See Me- Incantare has stumbled upon a decrepit cemetery. Her interest peaked, she ambles around inside, unaware of another presence within. A young stallion glides about the ancient tombstones but his attention now lays on her. What are his intentions? And why does he seem so familiar? (Or, the day Incantare met her soulmate…again.)
What is the foal’s personality? Incantare is different from the majority of her family. She doesn’t quite understand their fascination with match-making or with the idea of love in general. While she does hope to someday feel the sort of love they are referring to, she is a content with simply being in the moments of here and now. Her curiosity spans a gamut of things, but she is most fascinated by the ancient, morbid and morose. She delights in wandering around cemeteries and old ruins at night, the moon glistening high above as she ponders spirits of eras past.

Like her mother, Incantare has a habit of collecting. It is not just bones, however. Anything that is easily transported or that catches her eye in particular is fair game. Among her favorite items are those from her sojourns into ancient, sacred places. Incantare is no thief though and is always sure to leave priceless relics or sacred objects in their rightful places.

Despite, or perhaps due to, her eccentricities, Incantare is a rather charming mare. Her love for life and overall amiable attitude seem to draw others to her. She never imposes her presence on another, but will happily lend an ear for advice or shoulder for support if it is desired.
Write a love song or poem. It could be about the foal, Coop & Ana, or anything. So, I stink at poetry but...here it goes...Angst inbound.
What do you see when you look at me?
Do you see a loving, caring, kind mare?
Someone who would go to the ends of the lands for friends and family.
Or am I cold, calculating, and unfeeling?
Someone who would go to the ends of the lands only for personal gain.

Do you see a foal, innocent and naïve in all things?
A filly bent on discovering her place in this world.
Or do you see a mere ghost, abandoned and forlorn?
A simple form wandering aimlessly in search of a place to belong.

Do you see a new creation?
A spirit renewed and born from the ashes of a life engulfed in flames.
Or do you see a mere shell, dead to all?
A desperate soul looking for an escape.

What do I see when I look at you?
I see a filly who deserves all that life has to offer.
A strong mare who need not have a care or worry in the world.

What do I see when I look at you?
I see a foal born of strife yet reborn in love.
I see…a princess worthy of happiness.
Do you have a 2016 rp? Link? [PRP] A Gentle Soul (Kagehoshi and Aiyana)
Why did you pick the lastname for the foal that you did? Well, if I'm honest, the Nox name called to me because of its meaning. Most others I've noted are going for either Amores or a mixture so I wanted to show some love for the Nox.
What does Nox or Amores mean to you? To me, Nox has a special meaning because it stands for my favorite time. It is a time of peace and renewal. A time where one can let their mind just wander without fear of reprisal. This is the reason why I have given Incantare such a love for it.
If you were a member of the Amores family, what would your job/position be? Hmmm, I'd have to say that I would be a Sage of Love. My job would be to listen and give advice where it is needed.

Archived

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff