Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Chronicles of Magesc

Back to Guilds

A breedable/changing pet shop guild for role play. 

Tags: Magesc, Soudana, Seren, Abronaxus, Dragon 

Reply The Wastelands ❄ Recycle Bin
[Mara ORP] Desert Wars-- updates pg 2, 3 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:40 am
Raemos Medrol
Oblivionite Adept Mage Guardian Corporal
(In charge of 5 troops, total 15 among the Guardian unit)
Tukyere Wall

Luk: 54, including Luk gained from Apprentice hunts (ongoing)
Current Loot:
+ 139 exp
+15 Iron bars
+ 2 Plain Cloths
+ 5 Moonstones
+5 Shattered Granite
+1 Small Hammer
+5 Diamond
+10 Arcanite
+20 Obsidian

Pending Loot:

Orpheus Solon

Aiding where they should be aiding, helping those around him, guiding his family to safety... It was so familiar, so resonant with Raemos's own values that the young man felt at ease. Raemos decided that he liked this Junjie Moana. He wondered if the hybrid had ever considered joining the Guardians.

He wondered how his mother and father and sister were doing, deep in the heart of Tukyere with the rest of the civilians. A momentary flicker of movement told him he didn't have to wonder about his father anymore - The bulky Orderite was here, assembling by the gate with a group of militiamen ready to move out against the Mara.

What was he doing?! Raemos felt an unaccustomed burn of fury at Mallew, his father. Mallew should remain with the rest of the family and protect them in case the wall failed, not charge into battle and leave them all... and leave them all...

Raemos refused to finish the thought. Instead, he tried to catch his father's eyes with his gaze, but - though he got the sense that the man knew he was there - it was as if Mallew was purposely not looking at him - his movements had that awkward sort of air about them.

Rae's attention was brought back to his two new aquiantences by Keona's squeal, and he smiled at her, relieved - temporarily - of his thoughts of his family. Frankly, too, his father could do whatever he wanted, and there was nothing Raemos could do about it.

"It is good to meet you too." said Raemos. "I must ask... Would you be willing to offer further assistance? On the battlefield in this case, though I am sure that you could be needed elsewhere in the city..." What with the injured and the sick and the sheer number of people who had fled to the city of the hybrids. His gaze was drawn to Keona again, "I can... understand if your responsibilities take you elsewhere."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:34 am
Prompt

The sieges are being worn down, the number of Mara coming to replace the fallen are decreasing in number, the Mages say they can sense more power beneath the Mara stronghold...it seems that instead of immediately sending out more Mara, the King is keeping some inside now.
This means that those fighting are no longer facing an endless stream of Mara! With the end (or at least a respite) in sight, the defenders and warriors attack with more ferocity, wanting it to end so they can at least get one good nights rest and a bath without rushing.

In your next few posts, have the sieges end; due to your actions or others that is up to you! (Though don't do anything too impossible please...)

The Wild Tribe will melt back into the Desert and Mountains, leaving clean up to the Guardians. Some stick around (f course, cause fights are always fun! Plus you know.. all this loot...) but most leave.

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:46 am
DraconicFeline

Junjie looked down at his daughter, a thoughtful look on his face. The idea of offering further assistance made sense to him, they couldn't very well hide out within the walls of Tukyere and hope that everything just blew over because things were never that easy. In fact they were hard, cruelly so at times. Hiding within the city would do nothing for his group, battling to protect them would, "There is no way that I cannot help, not when it's members of my family in here... and my family outside as well... I have to fight against the Mara in an attempt to protect those that I can so that I can hopefully return home one day soon." He wanted to get back home, as soon as he could in fact, to check up on his mother... but for the time being he couldn't get to where she was. He'd have to stay strong until he could.

"Until the way to Serenia opens I will be staying here." He said, about to say more when he heard a murmuring sound from those who were up on the walls followed by someone calling down that the Mara were 'doing something strange' which didn't sound like a good thing. He glanced at Raemos, then over to Abellio, motioning the feathery Khehora to him, "Watch Keona for me." He said, setting the girl on his back once more, "You play with Abellio, alright? Daddy is going to check on what those silly Mara are up to." Best to make it sound as though it weren't something strange or out of the ordinary.

Glancing over at Raemos he said, "If you will excuse me but a moment." He said, making a motion with his dragon headed staff before he vanished, using one of his spells to relocate to the top of the wall. Normally it was a spell used for more long distance traveling but it worked in a pinch for moving to places to that would normally be out of reach to him since he couldn't fly despite how many wings he had. Once on top of the wall he walked forward, glancing over to look down at the Mara. He took stock of them, looking from side to side, then out across the sand and he seemed to realize what was going on. The Mara were still attacking, sure, but it would appear as Mara were killed their numbers weren't being replenished. He heard whispers amongst those on the walls, some saying that they were winning. Junjie wasn't so sure, nor did he trust the sudden lull in the fighting.

"Keep your eyes peeled a while longer, they might be up to something." He said, walking to the other side of the wall so he could jump off, gliding down to land next to Raemos once more, "I feel that the Mara are up to something. Reinforcements are no longer coming in, they might be holding out there somewhere, plotting something. For the time being what do you think we should do, Corporal? Should we see to it that those still attacking the gates are dealt with?"  
DraconicFeline rolled 7 100-sided dice: 79, 13, 80, 16, 56, 42, 79 Total: 365 (7-700)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:24 pm
Raemos Medrol
Tukyere Wall

Current Loot:
+ 139 exp
+15 Iron bars
+ 2 Plain Cloths
+ 5 Moonstones
+5 Shattered Granite
+1 Small Hammer
+5 Diamond
+10 Arcanite
+20 Obsidian

Pending Loot:

Orpheus Solon

(Rolling for: 1 x Diamond Mara (91-100) , 3 x Dark Mage Mara (51-100), 2x Mage Mara (31-100), 1 x Metal Mara (21-100) ; Currently - Loss x 1 vs Diamond Mara, Win x 1 Loss x2 against Dark Mara, Win x 2 against Mage Mara, Win x 1 against Metal mara

Waiting on Junjies rolls, will roll for Metal mara loot next post)

Raemos smiled, inwardly pleased with the man's answer. "There are people, including my family..." His mother, anyway, and sister, "... Who are taking care of the young and injured. You should have..." Your bonded. he almost said, but he did not want to invoke it or the slavery it implied, not with regards to this good man. Raemos never forgot Grrel's commentary, and he knew he never would. He understood the pain of being born into a situation - and a body - that one did not choose or want. "... Abellio..." at least, he assumed that was the khehora's name. Actually, it occurred to him that he should address the khehora - give the poor bonded some measure of respect and consideration. He turned his attention to it, knowing - fully - that it was an awkward break in the sentence.

"... You should take her into the center of the city. I hear that there are tents set up for children and wounded. I advise that you look for Sonia and Vona Medrol - they will help. Tell them I sent you, though you won't..." the awkwardness of his sudden switch in attention became too much, and he trailed off. "Probably wont... need to. They are good people."

Of course they were. They were his mother and sister, beautiful and full of light through and through. He turned his gaze back to Junjie. "... if that is all right with you, of course."

As the whispers of odd mara behavior reached his ears, Raemos glanced at his seargent and got a grumpy nod and a brushing off motion - he was to do whatever he felt was necessary, but he was to do something. He was planning to. Just what that was... well... he would find out.

He turned to converse with Junjie, but caught him as, with a flash of light, the man appeared at the top of the wall. Raemos waited for him, envious - theoretically, his magic could allow him to move in shadows - in fact, he had done so before. It was an odd feeling, to meld into the shadows, to become one with a force that was such a part of him, but which he also hated. One day, he too would be able to teleport, perhaps... but it would not be the same.

He watched Junjie glide down, envious, too, of the man's feathered wings. "Up to something?" Raemos said, feeling misgivings in the pit of his stomach, and also, in the parts that were still sore from his run-in with the diamond mara.

"I agree. We should deal with the mara currently attacking us. That will, hopefully, reveal any unusual behavior..." He thought for a moment, "Let me get my troops. Meet you at the gate?"

(466/2100)  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
Orpheus Solon rolled 7 100-sided dice: 49, 65, 52, 63, 5, 27, 78 Total: 339 (7-700)

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:24 pm
Character: Junjie (with Arjan and Abellio with him he gets a +5 to his rolls)
Stage: Expert
Luck: 50 + 0 Luk exp
Creatures: Mara x 4

49, 65, 52, 63, 5, 27, 78

1 x Diamond Mara (91-100) (Both Lost) EXP = 17.5 rounded to 18
3 x Dark Mage Mara (51-100) ( Wins) EXP = 35 x 3 = 105
2x Mage Mara (31-100) ( Wins thanks to Rae's Rolls) EXP = 35 x 2 = 70
1 x Metal Mara (21-100) (Win) EXP = 30

223/2 (due to two people) = 111.5 rounded to 112

112 + 54 (left over from last battle) = 71/71 72/72 with 23 left over

~ +2 Levels

Word Count: 2100  
Orpheus Solon rolled 1 100-sided dice: 22 Total: 22 (1-100)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:38 pm
Loot Post:

Metal Mara 1: 22
Mage Mara 1-2: N/A
Dark Mage Mara1-3: N/A

Total:

Copper Bars x 21
Iron Bars x 30
Plain Cloth x 4
Arcanite Stone x 15
Obsidian x 30

DraconicFeline

Giving a smile Junjie nodded, "Sounds like a plan, Corporal." He said before he hurried over to where the others were waiting, to let them know what was going on so that they could decide what they wanted to do. The fact that the Mara had changed tactics all of a sudden was something that instantly put Junjie on edge. A part of him really wanted to think that it was over, that he would be able to head for Serenia to check on his mother... but he doubted it would be that easy. The fact that the Mara had stopped attacking meant something was what, though what it was, that was the question. One could probably assume easily enough that it was a bad thing, but exactly what it was... well, he'd only know that once they made their move. Until that time the best they could do was probably stand there ground here, finish off the Mara, and then they'd be stuck playing the waiting game.

Junjie went to Abellio first, explaining to him what was going on outside the gates and that he meant to help the Corporal to finish off the Mara that were still trying to beat down the gates. It was something that didn't seem to please Abellio at all, "We made it this far Jun... and you are tired, you've used a lot of magic to help get us here. Please, you need to rest." The Alihora murmured, nuzzling against Junjie's hair between the halfbreed's horns.

It was a gesture that had Jun smiling a little before he reached up to stroke Abellio's feathery neck, "After the remaining Mara are dealt with I will rest, I promise." He reassured his fellow Ysali before he looked to the little one that was perching on his back, giving her a smile, "Keona, you are going to go with Abellio to meet some of the Corporal's family members. Does that sound like fun?" At her instant nod Junjie gave another smile before he spoke once more to Abellio, "Do be careful, alright?"

Turning to the rest of the group he set to explaining what was going on and that the Mara seemed as though they were up to something by not sending anymore reinforcements toward Tukyere. After a bit of chatting it was decided that Abellio, with the two children on his back, along with the only woman in their group, would head to where Raemos had suggested. One of the others, a male Orderite, would go along as well to make sure that they were kept safe, playing the part of a bodyguard just as Abellio was doing though without as dangerous a mission given to him. Abellio carried the toughest assignment, that being to get the little ones far from Tukyere if anything happened or the city was overrun. He hated the idea of leaving Junjie behind but knew that the little whelps needed protecting the most of everyone since they were too little to fight.

"Be careful, Junjie." Abellio said, tail lashing behind him before he and some of the others started toward where other noncombatants were heading at the moment. Abellio wasn't a warrior per say but he did know a decent amount of spells, as such he would do what he could were things in Tukyere to get dangerous.

Junjie watched him go before turning to the other two members of his group, as well as Arjan who would be damned if Junjie thought that he would be sending him off anywhere to babysit. He gave them a smile and said, "Come on, let's see about doing what we can to aid the Corporal. The sooner we deal with the Mara that are left behind the better. I am going to see about staying near to the gat with Arjan, I will see about entangling the Mara with my vines and blinding them with one of my light spells, once that has been done they will be vulnerable and open to attack." It was a method he often used when dealing with dragons but felt would work well enough against the Mara as well. With that the group of four hurried forward to join Corporal Raemos and his men. The battle was about to begin and Junjie wanted to be as much help as he could be.

"Don't strain yourself over this, Junjie." Arjan muttered to him, "If they really are up to something you need to be ready for it." The prickly Kiandri told him, getting a smile and a nod from Junjie but ignored it. It seemed he was concentrating as well to gather electrical energy to himself. He might not be as strong as some of the Khehora out there due to sharing his power with Junjie but that didn't mean that he would just hide! He'd fight the Mara as well he thought to himself, his body starting to crackle with the gathered power, eager to release it upon some stupid rock or metal man.

(( Word Count: 834/2100 ))  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

DraconicFeline rolled 1 100-sided dice: 63 Total: 63 (1-100)

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:55 am
Raemos Medrol
Tukyere Wall

Current Loot:
+ 139 exp
+15 Iron bars
+ 2 Plain Cloths
+ 5 Moonstones
+5 Shattered Granite
+1 Small Hammer
+5 Diamond
+10 Arcanite
+20 Obsidian

Pending Loot:
+ 6 kills
+ 223 exp
+15 Bronze Bars
+ 15 Arcanite Stones
+ 30 Obsidian
+ 6 Bronze Bars
+30 Iron Bars
+6 Plain cloths

Orpheus Solon
Want me to rp out Sona and Vona meeting Keona and Abellio?

Raemos Medrol was starting to get used to his title, after all the times it had been thrown about today. He decided it was a good thing, as he went down the stairs to the gates. His troops were there, awaiting his return: he wondered if they were used to his title too. It would be nice if they were, because it would mean that they felt he had earned it.

This was good. It meant things were right in the little world of Raemos. The banging on the gates, however, implied that things were still not right here. He approached them.

"All right. We're going back out there." he said, trying to read their expressions, "Its looking like the Mara don't have fresh troops coming in. We might be able to break the seige." he smiled at the Orderite archer's brief whoop of a cheer, echoed by eavesdroppers all around, and pretended he did not hear. "Our mission..." and here he decided to decline to mention Seargent Miri's slightly lassies-faire methods to leadership, "is to beat them back and clear the field if possible. It is also to stay alive..." he added, "As we will be needed in the aftermath."

Yes. Cleanup operations, infrastructure... Raemo's mind ran through the overwhelming list of responsibilities he knew the Guardians had taken on in the past. His guild was a good guild, that was certain, and they did good things for the people they protected. He was proud of that fact.

"So do try to stay intact where possible." It would also reflect badly on his first instance of command if they were injured. "The mage" Healer? "Junjie Moana, will be accompanying us, as will other Guardian units, members of the Tukyere Militia, and other volunteers. This is a joint effort, of course, so only friendly competition, please..." this drew out a slight chuckle, this time from Private Skywing, the Gaili Dovaa. "We are waiting on Mr. Moana, and he should be here promptly. In the meantime, be ready to move out. If you have any injuries that a healer should attend to, now is the time to find out." he saluted, "Until then, please remain in the area. Dismissed!"

"Yes sir!" they said, saluting back. Raemos could see smiles on their faces and goodwill in their eyes and - dare he speculate - respect. He felt warmed by more than the desert sun at that, and it was good.

He looked around, catching sight of the tall Orderite man in the group of Tukyere militia and volunteers, watching him, a hand resting on the butt of his mace. Raemos's face schooled itself into something more neutral as he walked over.

"Father." he greeted. He had once had to stare up and up at the towering man. Now, though, he only needed to tilt his head somewhat to meet the man's eyes with his gaze.

Mallew nodded. "So. You're a Corporal." he said mildly.

"Yes." said Raemos. He could hear an edge to his own voice, something defiant and cold that he wasn't sure he liked.

"That was fast." the man said it as a comment, neutrally and without much more emotion than if he was discussing the weather, but Raemos felt himself bristle.

"Maybe." he said noncommittally, "A year can be a long time."

"I suppose it can." said Mallew, tapping at his mace, "It's certainly been a long time for me."

"Hmm?" Raemos wasn't sure what to make of that comment. "What do you mean."

"Nothing." the man said. Raemos could swear that he saw his father's pale skin darken. "How long before they make you a Seargent, do you think?" he asked idly, his eyes meandering over Raemos's troops.

"I don't know." Why was he asking that? "That will depend on my performance."

"Mmm..." they drifted into an uncomfortable and awkward silence.

Raemos broke it. "What are you doing here?" he asked, directly and without preamble, "You were supposed to stay with Mom and Vona."

"Had to fight." said Mallew simply, looking away, "Do more good here than..." he bit his lip, falling silent.

Then with a bunch of Hyrbid children Raemos's mind helpfully provided. Well, Raemos could understand that. He was used to hybrids these days, but oblivionites and hybrids with their blood still made him uncomfortable. "You're going out there?"

"You are." Mallew pointed out. He frowned. "That's your healer, right?" Raemos turned to see Junjie, with his lopsided horns, approaching with three others.

"Yes. Time to go. See you later, Father." he said, turning to intercept them and beginning to walk away, his back straight and dignified.

"Raemos?" He would have kept walking, but there was an edge to his father's voice that was unfamiliar. He stopped and turned back.

"Yes?"

"Don't die."

Raemos blinked at the sentiment. "Er..." he started, "Yes. You too." he managed to babble through the emotions that welled up inside of him. He resumed his walk.

"Ready?" he looked over Junjie's help: the bonded with the lightning magic, the orderite man seemed like a fighter, and Raemos felt he could trust the other man's judgement. He made a gesture to his troops. "Right!" he said, turning to the gate as the various groups aligned outside of it. It creaked open slightly to let them through. "Move out!"

And they were in the fray.

(1358/2100)  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:07 am
DraconicFeline

Even with those who were backing him up, as well as the big group that Raemos was leading, Junjie still felt his stomach clench a bit when the gates of Tukyere swung open to reveal what was there before them. So many Mara he thought to himself, not certain that he could ever really be ready when it came to battling with these things. They were just... well, terrifying in a way. It was likely the lack of of real emotion and expression on their carved faces that got to him most. There was the fact that they weren't exactly real or alive in a traditional sense either that put one such as Junjie, a healer, out of sorts as well. Who created them, that bothered him a bit too, but he supposed that was neither here nor there, was it? He shouldn't worry at the moment about all of the things about the Mara that bothered him, if he did that he would end up syching himself out. Instead he would do what he was here to do, that being aiding Corporal Raemos and his men in the battle against the Mara that had remained here attacking Tukyere while the rest... went... well, somewhere.

"Alright, here we go. Best to get the casting underway lest we slow everyone down." He said, looking from side to side at those who were with him before he lifted his dragon headed staff up into the air, making a motion with it. Green energy, a color sorely lacking in Eowyn, sparked to life before he sent it forward toward the Mara. It was the moment that it reached them that it exploded into a flash of green that summoned forth the dry, scraggly old plant life from the depths of the sand as well as the roots of what plants were strong enough to grow in this place. The plant life burst up from the ground, tangling around the Mara, dragging some of them down to the ground, lifted others up off the ground, and otherwise made a bit of a mess out of their ranks. It was an exhausting spell, one that caused sweat to break out on Junjie's skin, but he wasn't about to slow down.

Making another motion with his spell this time he summoned forth a golden light, "Aeduan magic incoming!" He called out, not wanting to risk harming nearby Oblivionites who were fighting for the good of Tukyere before he set the spell flying forward, allowing it to explode in the same fashion as the last one had, this time blinding the various Mara that were entangled in the vines as well as those the vines hadn't been able to reach. With them entangled and blinded he felt that the warriors would be able to better wipe them out. Leaving the hand to hand battling, something he'd never been good at, to the warriors he set to gathering more green power to himself. He would need to be ready to heal those who were in need of such magic, so, despite the look that Arjan was giving him, he readied himself for that part of the battle.

"You really shouldn't be using so much power, you are bound to faint and then I will be stuck carrying you back." He griped at Junjie before he turned toward the closest Mara, sending a blast of electrical energy toward it, looking quite delighted at the way that the Metal Mara conducted electricity, allowing him to do far more damage then he might normally do on a normal day due to sharing his power with Junjie. Oh, how he loved hitting metal things with his magic, it was like watching a fireworks show! It made him want to hit more of that kind! Grinning to himself he set to gathering more power to himself, looking around for another target, but due to there seeming to only being one metal based one around he set about hitting that one a secondary time, chuckling to himself as he did so. A shame there weren't more of them around, he'd bet anything that the lightning would arc between them in a flashy manner if there were more and they were close enough to each other. An idea to hold onto for later, just in case more of the metal clad ones showed up.

The two men alongside Junjie prepared themselves as well, one of them, the true leader of the Hunters and an Orderite, lifted up his weapon and rested it on his shoulder, "Seems that the Mara like you Junjie, let me see about holding them at bay, hm?" He said, taking a step forward to engage those coming their way with his sword. He knew the magic wielder was concentrating on healing, something that would be useful during times of war, so he would see to it that he was kept safe. Turning to the other man he called out, "Oi, Hart! Don't just stand there like a lump on a log, how about your bring out some of that flashy magic of yours!"

"Ugh... as though I am some sort of performer here for his amusement." Hart muttered to Junjie, taking a step forward, making a few motions with his hands as he summoned up some fire. Once he had the element dancing in his hands and around him he sent it flying forward, just above the surface of the sand toward some nearby Mara. Right before it hit he made a few motions with his hands causing the fire to set about whirling around one of the Mara, leaving it covered in burn marks and spots that looked as though they had been melted into glass. It was a trick that had their leader giving a laugh of amusement while Hart merely sighed knowing the man was going to be demanding he make sand into glass after the battle was over...

(( Word Count: 1820/2100 ))  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:08 pm
Raemos Medrol
Tukyere Battlefield – breaking the seige

Current Loot:
+ 362 exp
+45 Iron bars
+ 8 Plain Cloths
+ 5 Moonstones
+5 Shattered Granite
+1 Small Hammer
+5 Diamond
+25 Arcanite
+50 Obsidian
+21 Bronze Bars

+ 6 kills

Pending Loot:

Orpheus Solon

Raemos had dropped the hammer he had picked up before, a weapon far more useful against the Mara than his sword or magic, but there were plenty more in the field, and he picked one up.

The mara were definitely less of an infinite, churning sea of murderous stone and death than before. They were not as unbreakable now, clustered in groups that, from what he could see, were struggling against emboldened clusters of desperate, angry defenders.

There were two clusters, though, not like the others. They looked stealthy, almost, bodies hunched over their glowing orbs as they moved through the crowds, as if they hoped to avoid notice. He frowned, squinting at them, trying to ascertain their purpose.

They are heading towards the walls he realized, which was not surprising. The mara had been coming at the walls for the whole duration of the siege. But why now, when the fighting had been pushed into the desert beyond, and... more importantly... why are they sneaking?

That was, indeed, what they were doing. Most of the mara seemed to fight whenever and wherever possible, attacking anybody that they saw, but these mara seemed to be deliberately avoiding a fight. It was very unusual and, as a newly minted Guardian Corporal, he felt he should go and investigate.

He gestured to one of his men and began to approach cautiously, careful to not give away his position. He recognized their forms - darker colored, more statuesque than the others, and wearing clothes. Magic users he realized, remembering other encounters with the magic-using Mara.

Understanding began to dawn on his mind. The Mara as a whole were falling back, but these two groups were approaching the walls, avoiding fights and hinderance. They were magic users, specializing in metal, darkness, ... and earth.

"They're after the walls, he hissed to the soldiers that had followed him: the Gaili, Private Skywing and the Kiandri archer Private Sogrof. "Lets stop them in their tracks.

If he attempted to cast his spell on the mara directly, they would resist it, and the dark magic using mara in the groups would dispel his spells easily. But...

”I have a plan.” he said, ”I can use my magic to hold their shadows and drag the two groups together. That way they can be detected better. You both have area-effecting abilities correct?” they nodded, “Yes, I've seen you use them – your explosive arrows...” he nodded at Private Sogrof, ”and your earth magic..” he nodded at private Skywing, “Have been very effective. I will attempt to bunch them into groups and hopefully our friends on the wall will clean up any of these... saboteurs... that we miss.” because saboteurs had to be what these mara were. Earth and metal magic, and the raw force of dark magic, could seriously undermine the walls, and if the walls fell, the hybrid city and its motley people would not be safe.

If he took them by surprise, Raemos felt, and used his magic to bring them together and hold them there like sticky tar (like he had done back – had it only been a week or two ago?! - with the Orderite Barbarian) he thought he could manage it. It was not a hard spell to cast or handle, and it drew on both his own magic and on the power in their own shadows. If he focused, he could maintain it more than long enough – even in the face of resistance and their mages - for his allies to do their work.

He sunk his magic into his own shadow, which rippled and churned hungrily. ”Be ready.”, gritting his teeth against the perceived sinful influence of his magic. Slowly, subtly, he sent out shadow tendrils silently towards the mara groups. They wrapped quietly around their vague shadows like grasping tentacles, the shadows gently sticking to their owners like the batter of a cake.

He waited a moment, giving his men time to ready their explosive spells, and then, with a surge of magic, tugged at the strings of shadowy magic. The mara groups were dragged into a sudden, chaotic huddle of stone bodies with a clatter, cried out in surprise with their rumbling, musical voices. They struggled to right themselves, some attacking Raemos's spell. He felt their resistance, but he held on, holding them together even as others attacked him and his teammates, and still others struggled against their own, trying to make room in the cluster of animate stone. He smirked: Their coordination was destroyed.

With a flash of arrow-carried gunpowder and a great rumbling of stone and sand, his teammates attacked. Joined by explosions from the wall beyond them. Raemos was able to see a cannonball crash into the group of mara with a loud sound like twisting metal and the shrieking of some horrible unholy beast, before he had to close his eyes and concentrate, fighting to hold his spell against the magic of the mara.

One mara, one mind - if he could call it that – among them struggled with him and his spell, trying to dispell it and force it away. It was a struggle of minds, and he felt odd – as if this mindless drone and he were on the same level somehow. It was as exhausting and painful as any physical battle, and – with a cry of pain and an upwelling of force, he finally prevailed, crushing the mara's energy with his magic. He gasped as a fresh pain graced his awareness, and he opened his eyes to behold a new wound at his waist, dark and stained with his own blood. He held his hand to his side and checked the mara group – mostly destroyed at this point.

Good.

He checked the two soldiers with him – injured, apparently by metal shrapnel barrages, but okay.

Good.

He began to make his way back to where Junjie and his khehora fought with a flashy member of the men that Junjie had brought with him, checking on the others under his command.

Also good. Also alive. Also well.

Good.

He looked out over the battlefield as he regrouped with them.

”I think we're done.” he said to Junjie, surprised and, perhaps, somewhat reverent of the concept. The mara were fighting against emboldened and angry defenders in only small, scattered pockets now, among a graveyard of rubble, soaking sand, and bodies.

He marvelled at the hope of it all as cannons picked off mara stragglers, the stone men's lines broken and pushed back. The Mara were losing. They were winning: He thought he could even see retreating, hovering figures in the distance. ”I think Tukyere has broken its seige...”

(2478/2100)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:22 pm
DraconicFeline

The battle was one that took its toll on people, Junjie especially, as he did his best to toss out as many healing spells as he could to those who were injured. He didn't want anyone to suffer from their wounds not only because it was his job as a healer to care for people but also because wounds would leave them vulnerable. If they were vulnerable then the Mara would be able to take advantage, it was something that he couldn't allow! In the end though it had left him quite exhausted, to the point that the normally prickly Arjan had rushed over to him and allowed Junjie to sit on his back. The fact that the healer was light weight making it an easy enough task. Once he'd settled down on the Kiandri's back Junjie was concentrating once more on the battle, despite a lot of scolding from his bonded. Once the battle was over though Arjan was silently celebrating the win, if only because Junjie would finally get some damn rest!

The Orderite warrior and Firani Dovaa came over to Junjie next, once the Mara around them had been finished off, both looking a bit concerned but with a bit of reassurance that he was alright he he was able to calm them. Having a member of the group down was always cause for worry but Junjie knew at this point that all he needed was food, water, and a nice, long nap to replenish his magical energy. Turning to the Corporal as he approach Junjie gave him a smile, "Your men did very well, Corporal Raemos." He felt that it was mostly their doing, he'd added a bit of support and healing but he doubted that he'd of been able to take on so many Mara even with the help of his two friends and his bonded. They would have been vastly out numbered after all. The fact that they didn't have to worry now was a relief. It was as Raemos said, the siege had been broken, his own fear now was the Mara reappearing in force because they were out there plotting something dire. He could only hope and pray to whatever higher powers were listening that the Mara didn't reappear before they were all able to rest.

"It's nice to look out over the sands and not see it blotted with Mara, this is a good sign." Junjie said, hopeful that it were true. Sure, it was a bit of a mess around them, the broken bodies of the Mara laying about, but really he felt that it wouldn't be long until the bodies were swallowed up by the sands of Eowyn. It never took long for the desert to reclaim things after all. Already some of the bodies were partly covered in golden sand making him feel as though it wouldn't take long at all for them to vanish.

Turning his attention back to Raemos he gave the man a smile, "I have to thank you and your troops again for everything. You have done so much for my family, not to mention for Tukyere itself. It's something I am grateful for." That said he also added, "If you or any of your men are in need of any sort of healing now that the battle is over don't hesitate to come to me, alright? Seeing to their heal, as well as yours, it's the least I can do after everything you have done." They were a brave group of warriors, those that had defended a place full of misfits that most of the other races might ignore or let fall. That there were still people out there that would actually help them out... well, it meant a lot to Junie and put his heart at ease. There were days that he worried, worried about himself, about his daughter, and his friends, worried that those with mixed blood would never be accepted. Even having just a few people doing so meant a lot to him.

"I will be staying here for a time, to rest up and make sure the Mara don't come back, but after that I will be heading for Serenia. Just let me know if you need anything else from me, alright?" Exhausted or not he didn't mind helping out the Corporal or his troops, they were the heroes of Tukyere after all and they had more then earned his respect and all of the healing that he could offer.

(( Word Count: 2105/2100 ))  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Magesc
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:58 pm
The Meta is now over!

Read the closing information in this post!

You may wrap up any hunts you have right now, and post a few closing posts! If you still wish to RP and do a longer roleplay with your partners about the effects of this please move it to a PRP!

Feel free to take your time and get your word counts for all earlier hunts, just realize you need to post before robot kitten gets on tomorrow to claim any Tokens!

The Wastelands ❄ Recycle Bin

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff