Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [ Journals ]... // Player Forum
[J] Xun Jiang :: Ti Lung Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:46 pm
We Be Hunting Dragons

Zero Dream
For all her looking around the woods and the surrounding wildlife, Illisia had not gotten to know the pantheon grounds and the nearby buildings very well. This seemed like something that should likely be remedied, as her sense of direction in cities was rather lacking, and the last thing she really needed was to get lost.

How embarrassing would that be ?

The night elf did not get very far on that endeavor, however, still in the gardens when her long ears picked up the sound of another nearby.

Syrie
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.As unfamiliar as Illisia was with the Pantheon and surrounding grounds, Yu was well versed in each and every nook and cranny - through his constant surveys of the grounds, he was able to keep up with things as they blossomed and grew under Creation's generous hand.

It was on one of these such "rounds" that Yu was on when he found a particularly lush patch of greenery - sweet smelling and thick - and found that his bestial nature would not let him pass up the chance to be utterly undignified and roll in it. It was that sound - the sound of a hulking black beast rolling around like a puppy - that the night elf heard. And as fully as Yu was being in the "now" of beast-thought, he didn't register the faint scent of the other.

Zero Dream
A few steps forward into what all that separated Illisia from the source of the sound she heard - and the sight that came attached to it.

After those steps, the night elf stopped. And stared. There was a.... something rolling into the grass there, but really with the something that caught her attention rather than the act itself.

...What the hell is this.

Perhaps what was it is more accurate. Xun was not especially concerned with the nature of what had once been, not when he could tell clearly what it was now. Another of my brothers, my dear. You seem skilled at finding them. The dragon told her with a gentle chuckle, his presence coiling around her's gently. Let's see which one, hm ?

...We should probably wait until he is done rolling around first ?

Syrie
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Yu was rolling around like some sort of crazy overgrown dog; grasses were being pulled up by the way the sharp angles of his big body dug into the earth and when he finally - after quite a few minutes - righted himself, his blue eyes were all squinched happily.

Slowly the awareness of another - no, two others...and one felt familiar - crept in; Yu rose to all fours, shook himself like a dog to rid his thick fur of some of the grasses before righting himself fully so that he could address the 'newcomers'. Any embarrassment that he felt was quickly pushed aside; Xia Lu Ling would not make any excuses for his behaviors.

"Greetings." Fine day for a roll in the grass, even without having a sky, wasn't it!?

Zero Dream
Illisia waited all that time, silently, until Yu straightened himself into all fours and addressed her. "...Hi ?" She offered, a little dumbly, and did her best to look like she wasn't still staring.

That's way too many eyes.

Nonetheless. Xun did his best to pull his host's attention away from trying to understand just what exactly what was standing in front of her was. Introduce us ?

To be honest, Illisia was starting to get used to this, and she slipped into the role of relaying quickly. "Ti Lung salute one of his brothers, but he is afraid he is not quite sure which one you are."

The gem and dragon figurine curled around her arm did wonder at not having to explain everything constantly, really.

Syrie
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Yu's nightmarish form had given many a mortal and immortal alike pause; he was quite used to it by now -- the multiple eyes, the thick fur and scales...it all served to frighten or disturb others; something that only got worse when he "smiled". Which he would do in return to the night elf's tentative returned greeting.

"Brother Ti Lung! My eyes see with joy that you have returned." His tail and ears twitched in excitement; that the Dragon King was pleased would be painfully apparent. "I am Yu the Five Claws." Though he would have liked to embrace his brother in welcome, Xia Lu Ling held himself in check - in this form, with the host-mortal still holding most of the "reins" having him so close would probably terrify her. "And your name, Lady-Host?"

Zero Dream
"Illisia." The elf answered with a nod of the head. She wasn't outright scared by Yu's form, at least not to the extend others likely could have been - there was a large part of sheer curiosity in her expression.

She had certainly seem much scarier, and the fact that the dragon wasn't barreling straight for her helped with her calmness, really.

Yu. He had heard much of that particular brother - having been mentioned by Tian Yue and Zhijian, and now the emblem pillar was right in front of them. There were some things he almost wanted to ask, but... no. Yu would share with him if he wished to - he had little want to have his brother travel down bad memories. This was a fate he would not have wished onto any of his siblings, and to know that Yu and Futs before him had went through faded hosts.

But Yu was in front of him, definitively whole and not jewel-bound. It brought him a small amount of comfort... and he could only hope it did the same for Illisia as well.

"I am glad to have returned as well." Illisia carried along Xun Jiang's words once more. "It seems... that I have been missing while I could have been sorely needed."

Still that guilt again ? The elf grumbled inwardly. She had thought the dragon had been over that.

I must still apologize. We are meant to stand united, not apart... At least it was how he felt about it.

Syrie
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Illisia. I am pleased to meet you as as well." Of course, he was far far more interested in having recovered one of his brothers - even if it was at the cost of the woman before him. The black-furred beast calmly began picking at a few stray stalks of grass that were tucked into his fur, dropping them back to the earth from whence they came.

He nodded and twitched his ears again, "Many of our Brothers have been...missing. The important thing is that you - we - are here now." Oh, Yu would have been more than happy to talk to his brother about the difficulties faced due to having failed more than one host...but he didn't know the other had questions. Granted, he liked to talk so he'd probably spill all that anyway.

"Much has happened since we last walked together." Or so he supposed; he couldn't remember. Those memories were long since lost to Yu.

Zero Dream
"So we have heard." Illisia tended to just flip-flop in between I and We, depending weither or not she caught them on the way out, really. Sometimes she didn't. Sometimes, if something held Xun's complete attention or had him react strongly, it honestly felt more like if he was speaking with her voice than any kind of relaying.

As it happened, Yu had Xun Jiang's complete attention and interest.

"I use the name Xun Jiang now." Another slip. "Kawagiri... does not feel right anymore." Her ears pinned back a little, one pure reflex, and betraying some of the dragon's unease. "Tian Yue has told us many things of what has happened..." Ti Lung left it that that, but Illisia shook her head slightly, knocking her braid from over her shoulder. "We're not going anywhere now." She added for herself.

Syrie
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The bestial Dragon King's muzzle skinned back to show his teeth in a display that was meant to be something like a smile. Yu well understood the difficulties that hosts could have in defining themselves and the Gods that were housed inside their flesh; Fragment had not had any such problems...but most did. It was hard to take in that you had another spirit riding with yours; harder still to think that one day that spirit would take over and all the pieces of self that mortals held so tightly to their very beings would crack, shatter and fade away one day as the God claimed what was theirs.

"Xun Jiang, I too have taken a new name...what once was had is no longer. I am not that person just as you are not Kawagiri. In this time, I go by Xia Lu Ling." Though few actually called him by such a name. Most simply referred to him as Yu...the mortals certainly did, thinking Yu the Five Claws his name of sorts, rather than just another of his titles. "Ah, you have spoken with Tian Yue? I have not managed to speak with our Brother as of yet."

This was something that rankled, for Xia Lu Ling had promised their Lord Creation that he would gather the Kings. At the very least, he was fulfilling some part of his promise, speaking with Ti Lung.

Zero Dream
"We were lucky to stumble onto him, in one of our early wandering outside the pantheon." Illisia went to elaborate. That smile was pretty scary, but she did her best not to mind it. Xun held no worry, after all. "He had told us of many things that I needed to know."

The elf settled onto a nearby rock, crouching on the top while perfectly in balance.

He had to agree with his brother on that point - he was not the same person. At least, he didn't feel like he was. It was hard to truly say when one remembered so little.

"We have seen Zhijian as well." Illisia spoke again when the dragon told her words to relay once more.

What about this Shuo ? Should we ask ?

That is not a bad idea, my dear...

"I've met a little girl, the daughter of Love." She words seemed less forced, her own rather than Ti Lung's. "She told me she's met a dragon, who called himself Shuo... Is that anyone you know ?"

After all, for all Xun knew, Mang and Shen Lung were still... lost. With his own return, if his two brothers had suffered a similar fate than his own, his own return might mean that they had been ra-gathered by their Lord as well... He could only hope that this was not the case, and that none more of his brothers had indeed suffered such. Perhaps they were somewhere, tending to things... But what would have kept them from their brothers and sister ? What would have kept them away from Him in a time of need ?

Syrie
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Would that I were so lucky...I have yet to find and speak with Tian Yue myself." The Dragon King's tail twitched at the tip; showing his annoyance at the whole thing. He had been charged by his Lord and Master to find, gather and speak with his Brothers - and as of yet he had been unable to get more than one of them at a time. It was obnoxious.

Yu noted that his brother had chosen well in his host - phsyically, at least. The night elf was lithe and had excellent balance; things that would hold her in good stead...and Xun would definitely benefit from such things.

"No, I'm afraid I have met no Dragon by that name, though I would wish to." He sighed a bit and then cocked his head at his companion thoughtfully. "I would gather all our Brothers, speak and plan together as I believe we once must have." As this was one of the Brotherhood, he did not need to keep his "secrets" so close to the vest. "Sadly, I do not recall...in my journey to rebirth, I lost many things...many memories of what once was."

He gave the night-elf host a long look; this Brother had also failed rebirth once - though not twice as he himself had.

Zero Dream
"We will bring him to you, if we see him again soon." Illisia nodded along the words she was relaying, adding some more reaction to them, a bit more of a natural feeling. Was Xun able to do such things for himself, even from within the jewel and her mind ? She had no idea. He had never even seemed to try, as far as she really knew. And from what she had heard, Tian Yue had been one of those that had always been around... Shouldn't be too hard to find, in theory. The elf did not mind doing such, as she had rather appreciated him and enjoyed his presence in spite of how badly he'd scared her at first.

"Hm..." A reaction from her to the information given more than anything else. That was not a certain proof of what Ti Lung thought and feared, but that seemed to have it lean in that direction nonetheless.

"It is not something I would wish onto anyone else." Illisia slipped again, but did not seem to the notice. The more personal to the dragon the matter was, the more likely she was to slip on I or We, it seemed. "Even less so to one of my brothers... I have forgotten much as well."

Not even only memories at that, but even pieces of himself... but to talk of such thing with his brother meant revealing them to Illisia, and he was not ready to go to such length yet. So he continued to give his own words for his host to relay. It was a boon that she was readily willing to do that for him, and he was thankful for it.

"I can only hope that they had not been kept away by the same manner that I have been. This is what I fear might have happened..."

Syrie
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."That would be much appreciated, Brother Xun...Host Illisia."

The reaction from host was slight, the reaction from Dragon King non-existant to his Brother's multiple eyes. "To lose a part of oneself is a pain I wish to inflict only upon those that brought our Lord low." Yu spat and hissed out of anger and frustration over the Grigori. "Gianfar of Knowledge may be able to aid you in remembering...though he too has suffered. The Great Library was destroyed during Gehenna." Not that the grey-haired God needed the books to recall things; it was more that he was distracted, distraught.

"Ah?" At those words, Yu's interest was piqued, "And how, Brother, were you kept away?"

Zero Dream
"I fear that their hosts might have failed them as well." Illisia once again spoke of the dragon's words, set them free from where they would have otherwise remained in her mind.

"I mean..." She started, then stopped, unsure if she should keep on going. "This is the only way Xun has been kept away from Lord Creation's side when... this Gehenna happened." She was still a little confused about the whole thing, how and why it caused all this. "I haven't... had him for a long time." To claim possessiveness over a god certainly sounded wrong, but she could think of no other way to express herself. "Im not too sure how long, or how time flows on this world... but it hadn't felt long at all. Definitively after Gehenna."

If I have not been the only one to fail... He still hated to think about it, and he could only hope the talk was not making Yu uncomfortable. But still, it was somewhat comforting to know that he was not alone, that he had his brothers at his side.

"No one's heard about them for a long time either.... And since Xun was...." Was remade the best term ? "is back, then maybe he isn't the only one ? If they failed as well ? I hope they havn't, but..."

Syrie
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Sadly, I think that must have happened." Yu shook his great head, hair fluffing and whisking against his fur as he did so, "Not only you and I, but also our Brother of Treasure, Futs Lung, share our shameful past. It bears weight that others have shared in our trials." Yu and Futs definitely, now with Xun...that was three. And if three of the Brotherhood had been held captive in gems after failed attempts at rebirth, then it must be considered very likely that the "missing" Dragon Kings had fallen to similar circumstances.

"Time flows steadily in days, weeks, months and years. Gehenna happened over a course of weeks...each one hearalded by a trumpet and bringing nothing but pain and suffering for those yet alive." Until near the end. They had but a brief respite at one point during that time.

With another slow shake of his head and a very sad expression in all six of his gleaming eyes, Yu sighed and put hope aside. "We can hope they are yet safe and whole, but with such proof we must also be prepared for the worst. Though it pains me to even think such things, there is a chance that one or more of our Brothers will never return to us." It was a fear he had entertained only in the darkest moments of his private time; but he spoke it aloud here so that his Brother and his host would understand better the gravity of his task.

Getting the Kings reunited wasn't simply so they could talk...it was also a way to take note of who was - and wasn't - missing. Roll call, as it were.

Zero Dream
"I... remember that." The elf's ears pinned back slightly. She had more than her share of bad memories... of the death of almost all her family, of being separated from her son upon her arrival to this world. She had not noticed that they were weeks, per-se, just that everything was going wrong in different ways, but now that she looked back on it... it made sense. It made a whole lot of sense.

Yu's downright sad expression made Illisia want to pet him, but she refrained. Friendly as he was, the dragon was still downright scary.

The thought had a very similar effect on Xun. That some might very well never return... no, he loathed to think about this. It would not be so, and he would not believe it so until he heard it from his Lord's mouth. It was more like denial to even consider the eventuality than actual optimism. If others were gone, they would return as well. He had returned, after all.

"We will find them." Xun hadn't succeeded at sounding completely certain of this, and well... neither did she.

Syrie
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Yu shook his head again, returning his manner from such a grave state to one of confidence and hope. "Come now, we must leave behind such dreary thoughts - He has returned and we have met once more. There is much to revel in, much to find pleasure in." Cracking his jaws so that a low, gravelly laugh could come forth, Yu gestured at the expanse around them; true there was no True Sky...but there were lights from Light and Creation had been working to fashion something that would help ease the mortal's discomfiture with the lack of sky.

"I have spawn, of sorts. Not divine blood, but my host lay with our Brother Ying Long's servant - a girl called Ashoka. They bore two children during the Weeks...both survived." Calling Joss and Dan children sort of felt like a lie. The furry monsters were more beast than anything...but age-wise they could be said to qualify as "children". Of course, the spawn had only survived because the Fragment was an indiscriminatory hunter - demon, human, beast or otherwise...he would hunt it and kill it for food if he could.

That's why he owed Zhijian a servant. Damn Fragment for eating that Errais...

Zero Dream
"...Yes, you're right. Ill't do us no good to focus on that." It was a little unclear whose words they were, host or dragon's, but the woman pursed her lips a bit in thought.

His mention of children made her perk a little, and the names even more so. "Dan is your..." Well no, not really his - but looking at it now she did see the resemblance. That was odd, kind of. Was it a common thing for hosts to leave children behind ? "I was told I was lucky she didn't even try to bite me." Illisia said, amused. She always had a way with children.

"I do have a son." She nodded, offering to the conversation in turn. "But he is an adult now, so he will be well... It was Ashoka who told me he was still alive and well, actually." But not where he was. Or when he would come.

Syrie
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Ah, so you have met the girl-child. Yes, Dan is mine...or my host's. She has a brother that usually lurks after me by the name of Joss." The six eyes widened a little bit and Xia Lu Ling's muzzle twisted into an approximation of a smile; "Indeed you are lucky, both children are known to be very sharp...it's rare one meets them and does not get bitten."

Definitely more beast than rational being. Hopefully that would change as they aged - certainly, he himself was trying to have a hand in that...but it was odd. They were - and were not - his spawn.

"If Ashoka speaks that he is well, then you should take it to heart that he is." As for coming home or back to the woman, well...soon that wouldn't matter. Never mind that if he were on another plane, there was no sure way of breaching the barrier(s)...the road between was closed. For now.

Zero Dream
At that, Illisia still found herlself wondering why anything would ever need that many eyes... Oddly, it was what caught her attention, and not the sharp toothed smiles the dragon gave. She 'smiled. much in the same way when shifted, often with odd reactions from whoever she had been interesting with.

Especially when no one one had expected that strange purple cat to speak. Humans did that a whole lot.

"Just knowing that is he well... brings me much relief." She felt better and worse about all this, at the same time. Perhaps Yu would understand that feeling, one day. Or maybe not, since technically they were not his children. That was a rather complicated situation. "He will understand... I hope."

Syrie
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Nothing that existed needed as many eyes as Yu The Five Claw could claim - of course, he thought it was just enough. Illisia was quite different from most of the mortals that came into contact with Yu - he had to be very careful how his face contorted lest he terrify them...sometimes he made things a little easier by keeping two sets of the three eyes closed. Unfortunately, doing so took away some of his vision and that was undesirable with the Grigori still a threat.

"I'm sure he will, Lady." And no, he didn't understand what she was feeling towards her son - he probably wouldn't either. Whatever loyalty he felt towards his host's tiny-and-sharp spawnlings was not that of a parent, but more of a protector or perhaps an uncle that has been charged with caring for a family member's children. He would feed and care for them with Ashoka until they were old enough to turn loose on the unsuspecting world.

A sad mother...perhaps she would like to meet the boy. "If you would like to spend time with children, I would be pleased to offer you the boy, Joss." Hopefully the little b*****d wouldn't bite her fingers off...

Zero Dream
Yu had no way to know, not really, but in spite of his appearance, he was rather calm and steady. He had a way of speaking that really got to her, and soothed her in a way. Perhaps this was one of the reason she wasn't outwardly afraid, or bothered by him.

"Is he as bitey as his sister ?" Illisia seemed a bit amused by that fact.

I like your fingers where they are, my dear. Even Xun himself seemed a bit calmer, now that his worries had been expressed out loud. He sounded just as amused as she was.

"Perhaps." She mused. "But I should likely be on my way soon..." The last thing she wanted was to take up Yu's time needlessly, if he had things awaiting him.

Syrie
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Is he as bitey as his sister?" Of course she would ask such a thing. Yu let forth a deep, rumbling chuckle at Illisia's words, his eyes squinching in amusement even as his tail swished slowly against his legs. "Worse. Dan at least spends much of her time with Ashoka. She has yet to learn a woman's softeness, but can at least show some restraint." Not when it came to biting people, oh no - but Dan was far, far less likely to go peeing on the Throne, or gnawing Zhiji's bridle...

"Ah, of course Lady, Brother Xun." Yu did have things to be doing, but he was very happy to have gotten to speak with another of his Brothers. "But soon, I think we all need to come together. There is much to be done and more to speak of." All signs of amusement gone, Xia Lu Ling spoke in a low, level tone - the epitome of seriousness. "Creation needs His Kings ready with head, hand and heart...too long we have all been separated. Much knowledge needs be shared."

Slowly, so as not to startle Xun's host, Yu reached for the night elf's hand; a gentle squeeze for his Brother and the feather-light touch of his muzzle to the back of her hand for the host. Respect given where it was due.

"Until the next we meet, Brother Xun, Lady Illisia." A bit of a pause, then, "Should you need me, I'm easy to find. Just look to Him. I'll not be far."

Zero Dream
"Yes." Illisia relayed for her dragon once more. "We must."

And there was perhaps none more fitted for the task than the emblem pillar himself. He would see it done - Xun knew it.

The elven woman let him approach - running her own hand across his cheek softly, gently before he withdrew. Hopefully he would find no offense in it, but she hadn't quite known how else she could have gotten her charge's affection across.

She stood from her perch in a smooth, fluid movement, that further betrayed her agility. "Likewise, if you have a need of us, we tend to wander around a bit. The room with a large tree etched on the door is ours, however."

The night elf chuckled. "Perhaps I might yet have the honor of meeting Joss. Hopefully with a sturdy pair of gloves nearby." She did sound more amused than upset by the thought, anf then she gave a small bow and went on her way.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:52 pm
It's The Right Time For Peaceblooms, Isn't It ?

Zero Dream
Xun Jiang was a man dragon on a mission. He was on the lookout for his brothers. Most importantly, for the missing ones. Which, after his return, left Shen-Lung and Mang.

They had to be somewhere. It was that desire that often had Illisia wandering about (though, she would have likely gone out anyway) and, well, at least it gave Ti Lung some sense of accomplishment that he was, actually, doing something.

The druid exited the main building and headed off with no destination in mind, as she often did.

Meepfur
Rio, on the other hand, wasn't on the lookout for much of anything...not right this moment, anyway, although he wouldn't have minded something to do. Oh, there were godly things he could have been doing, of course, but he'd done that yesterday, and was feeling immensely pleased with himself for it. What he really wanted to do, truth be told, was socialize! It was something he hadn't done nearly enough of lately, not for his tastes. Instead, it was his daughter who'd been out meeting people, gods and hosts alike - and no one he already knew, no, but new people. Or, well, more recent additions to their prospective 'ranks.'

And he was jealous. Just a little. It was his own fault for allowing himself to sulk as he had been, a reaction he attributed to his merging with Alex. It wasn't usually in his nature to let rejection (albeit gentle and somewhat expected) get under his skin, and yet it had. And that would not do.

So now he was just sort of...wandering around outside, hoping to maybe run into someone.

Zero Dream
The druid continued to walk, at a rather slow pace, hips swaying back and forth with her movements. There was an innate grace to each of her movements, as it was often the case with elven races.

She caught a look of Rio in the distance and could not help but raise a long eyebrow in slight curiosity. Those wings... come to think of it, they kind of reminded her of Adrienne's. Just a little. They looked like... candy ?

Meepfur
...and there was someone! Rio soon caught sight of Illisia as well, and shifted his course to head in her direction, a friendly smile on his face as he approached. He didn't yell a greeting, as that was unneccessary and a little lazy...and rude, when you didn't know who you were calling to. Once close enough for proper speaking volume, he paused and gave a slight, informal bow, the hard candy of his wings creaking faintly as they stretched behind him.

"Hello," he offered warmly.

Zero Dream
It took one moment for Illisia to realize that she had actually been staring. It was hard to tell, with how her eyes were, but they were fixed onto those wings. Likewise, one ear perked up when they downright creaked. What where those ?

Thankfully, she regathered herself soon enough, and offered Love a smile. "Hello to you as well." She felt some kind of aura cling to him, much like with Glyph and every other god she had met before, and so she offered a bow.

Meepfur
It wasn't often that anyone bowed to Rio, servants included. Not that he minded when anyone did, but he was rarely so formal as to expect bows from others, though he bowed to others quite readily himself...especially women. It was the gentlemanly thing to do, after all.

Judging by the description Adrienne had given him of her new druid friend, Love took a guess as to this woman's identity, "Illisia, I presume...? I'm Rio."

Zero Dream
Ah, so this indeed was--

....Wait, this had once been female ?

All the pink aside, there was no way Illisia would have thought that it had been the case. Her mind reeled again for another brief moment.

"That would indeed be me. I seem to be becoming famous around these parts." Weither that was a good or a bad thing, well...

Meepfur
Rio chuckled, his wings relaxing with another slight creak. "For good reasons, I gather from Adi. She was absolutely ecstatic when she came home after meeting you the other day."

"I'm glad to finally meet you."

Zero Dream
"So am I." She offered with a smile. He seemed a bit like Glyph. More... close and accessible than what she had been taught of gods. More open and warm.

"I almost didn't want to return her." She said with a mock-pout. Testing the waters, so to speak.

Meepfur
Rio laughed. "I'm surprised I've been able to keep her this long, and I'm sure my luck there's going to run out sooner rather than later. I don't know if she told you, but she's looking for a god to serve, now that she's old enough."

It hadn't been all that long ago that she'd declared she would never leave, and he'd told her then, 'until someone else finds a use for a werewolf-gardener.' And he'd been right, it seemed.

Zero Dream
Illisia looked a little confused at that, for a moment. But then she remembered. Maybe that was an aoide-thing ? Adi had said her... father (confusing !) was aoide, after all. And she knew that aoide serve gods.

"Well, I hope she finds someone who will match up with her well. I could see her with one of the nature-oriented ones..." Glyph, maybe ? Hmm... Perhaps this was worth replaying. She definitively wanted the little girl to end up with a friendly face, at least.

"She has such talent already. I have never seen someone learn so quickly... But then that might come with her parentage." Being the child of a deity and an immortal could certainly have an hand in all this.

It was hard to remain... traditional, perhaps, with Rio. He just had this kind of warm personality that dragged you in.

Meepfur
"As can I," Rio agreed with a nod, his smile gentle but proud. "She seemed very taken with Forest, but then again, he did give her a tree. It would be hard to find a faster way to her heart." He chuckled, eyes glittering with amusement. "Although she is quite fond of you, and Mang's host as well..."

"She gets it from her father, believe me. She was like a tiny Orin when she was little." Well, without the shyness.

Zero Dream
The mention of Glyph did make her ears perk up a little in interest. "She did tell me all about that. She seemed to excited at having her own tree." Illisia laughed, warmly. "I hope she shows it to me soon."

For a moment, she was confused with the mention of father, but... oh, right. Love was the mother figure to Adi, she had to remind herself. That was certainly awkward. Nothing about the man that stood with her looked like he'd once been anything else but a man. The pink didn't quite count. "You certainly look nothing like a girl..." She let out, then shook her head. "Oh, sorry ! Adi just told me some things, that's all..."

She wasn't sure what she had expected, but it wasn't quite this.

Meepfur
"She'll be delighted to." He'd already been to see it more than once, himself.

At the next, Rio wasn't offended in the least; rather, he laughed, his eyes crinkling at the edges and his cheeks dimpling pleasantly. "Nothing to apologize for, dear. It used to be much more obvious, but I'm quite myself now."

"The facial does hair help," he added half-jokingly, stroking his beard.

Zero Dream
Well, it seemed like she hadn't offended him. Whew. That would have been, well...

A bad idea to say the least.

"Certainly." Still, it was weird to think this would happen to... well, not her, not really, but her body.

"Maybe we should find somewhere to sit ?" Illisia was still pondering internally if she should do as Adi said and ask, or not. Until she decided to settle on an option, she could still do small talk, at least ?

Meepfur
"Of course," he said, acquiescing with a slight dip of his head. "Where would you like to go? There are the teahouses, or we could go upstairs...? Adi was still there when I left."

Zero Dream
"The teahouses should do just fine." She did like them. They had an airy feel to them, and the cushion were comfortable. They could always go visit Adi later, she certainly would be glad to see her again, probably. "I am a little thirsty, Ill admit."

Rio was... well, magnetic was the closest word she could think. A little bit like Glyph in a way. They both had the kind of warm, friendly personality that pulled you in, in a way.

Meepfur
"To a teahouse, then," he agreed, offering Illisia his arm, if she cared to take it, to 'lead' her to the nearest teahouse. Rio, too, was quite fond of the teahouses, and was quietly pleased he would have the druid to himself for a bit. She was quite beautiful, after all, and even better...she was friendly!

Zero Dream
Illisia looked at the offered arm for a moment - that -had- to be blasphemy in some cultures, seriously - but finally took it, allowing herself to be led toward their destination, ears perked and her cheeks tinted a tad deeper purple.

He certainly knew his way with a lady... but then, he was Love. That seemed like a given.

Meepfur
Adrienne had been right: the night elf did blush purple! Rather than pointed it out as his daughter had, however, he simply continued to smile as he led her to the teahouse. Once there, he escorted her to a seat and inquired, "What can I get for you, my lady?"

It pleased Love to serve at least as much as it did to be served. His was a rather...reciprocal domain.

Zero Dream
Well, she'd been aware of gods having servants, but... not the other way around ! Well, it was evident from which parent Adrienne had inherited her friendliness. "Um. Green tea, maybe ?"

Xun, for his part, was clearly more than a little amused by this whole situation. He simply could not help himself - Love had certainly caught Illisia off guard, in spite of how much she'd been told about him first. Just relax. You are about to drill a hole though the ceiling.

Illisia did pout a little, but said nothing. Xun was probably right - but her race's outake on deities was so hard-wired into her that it was a little hard to let it go on the first encounter, so to speak.

Meepfur
Rio was well aware that he was friendlier than some other gods, sometimes drastically so. It was a rather unfortunate fact that some of his fellow deities did not view mortals as they should (or as he thought they should), and some weren't even decent to each other. Not that he got along with absolutely everyone, but...he tried first!

"As you wish." Another slight bow, and he set to seeing to the druid's request.

Zero Dream
Well. Still awkward. But maybe she just needed to shut her brain off and go for it. Especially since she'd been shown time and time again that things were not always quite as she had been taught.

Still, she inclined her head, smiling. "Thank you."

Meepfur
"So," he asked companionably as her set about the task of making tea, "How have you been finding it here so far?"

Zero Dream
"It's... very different than what I am used to." She admitted, sitting onto one of the cushions with her legs crossed neatly. "Many things I had been used to are completely different than how I've been taught about them... But it is nice here." The night elf admitted. It was certainly a welcome change to sleeping with one eye open, unsure as to what might happen.

Meepfur
"That's often how it is," he said with a nod. "I remember, from when I was Alex, how strange it was to be in a new world..." A relief, on one hand, that she had been less strange in this new world than in her old...and traumatizing, on the other, given the circumstances of her arrival.

Zero Dream
From when he was... ? Alex. That would be... his host, most likely ? "She... became you ? Literally ?" The question escaped her without her realizing until she had spoken. She hadn't really heard about what happened to hosts... She'd had offers of explainations, yes, but hadn't quite dared ask at all.

Well, now it was a little late to think otherwise. "I-If you don't mind talking about it, of course."

Meepfur
"After a fashion," he answered, unbothered by such questions, especially when they came from a host. Illisia had a right to know these things. "I'm more Rio than I am Alex, but...I am she, to a certain degree. I loved her too much to do as some do and consume my host, so I made her a part of me."

Zero Dream
...Loved her too much ? But then... he was Love. That made sense. "I've only been told that the host gets... used to rebirth the deity." It was a crude way to say it, but it was how she'd understood it, and she held no illusion otherwise.

This was kind of the same thing but... kind of not the same thing. Gone, but not in the same way, not really. Xun hadn't told her a thing about what would happen then, and even now the dragon was silent, even if she could feel him in her mind - alert and listening. "So you... remember being her even before you found her ? Or just memories you got from her ?" Okay, now it was just idle curiosity. It wasn't like she had anything to hide, so the prospect of her own deity ending up with her memories did not bother her much, oddly enough.

Meepfur
"That is the basic explanation." Rio nodded. "How we use them is up to us. The host doesn't have to be...eliminated."

"I remember being her, yes. Her past is mine now, and her feelings for the people she knew." Her love for Orin, her friendship with Ea, her difficulties with Kaelin. They were all there.

Zero Dream
She hadn't thought about it that way, really. But then, she had mostly avoided to think about it all-together.

"...I don't think I would mind that." Was that meant to be a hint for Xun ? Really, not even she had any idea at that point. "In a way, she isn't gone at all. She's still here, with you."

She paused for a moment. "Does it get weird, through ? All these memories you know weren't really yours before you took her in ?" She was prying, really. But she couldn't stop herself at this point. This was really unlike anything she had ever heard about.

Meepfur
"Exactly." Rio smiled, lifting the water from the heat once it boiled and puring it into the cups.

"Not particularly. I was already well aware of her past, so there were no surprises." They'd become not just god and host, but friends, and he'd known her in a way he would never know anyone else. "In a way, I think it's worked in the opposite direction. It's made being a god...different. I have a much more mortal point of view."

"But that is ultimately for the best, in my opinion, and something we could all benefit from. We need mortals, and we need to think about them differently than we once did."

Zero Dream
"I think Xun would agree to you with that." Illisia nodded, taking the cup as it was offered to her. Her unease had mostly dissipated for the time being, at least. Rio was right on that part. He was very... human. Well, mortal was probably a better way to put it. "He told me that I had much to teach him. I thought it was a little silly."

What, you thought I would be lying to you ? There was a bit of a pout in his mental voice.

No, no, just... What would a god have to learn from me ?

She did understand a little more, now that she'd talked to Rio. They'd... failed, and now they had to figure out why and... fix it.

Meepfur
"I'm glad to hear that." Once again, Rio smiled. "Not everyone has adopted that point of view, I'm afraid, though I can't say I'm surprised. Some of us had better relationships with mortals in the first place, and those who didn't...well, they aren't as likely to change."

"Would you like any sugar?" he asked.

Zero Dream
That made sense, really. Gods were like people, in that way. They were all different. She'd really gotten to see that by interacting with those she'd met so far. She'd yet to find one that truly fitted what she'd been taught of deities...

But heck, maybe that had just been bogus.

"Yes, please." She held out the cup for his benefit.

Meepfur
Rio started to reach for the sugar, but paused and grinned. Rather than offer her a sugar cube as he'd first intended to, he broke off a piece of his wing and offered that to her. "Here, if you like raspberry."

Zero Dream
Illisia blinked at that, and had to repress a wince. But that... didn't looked like that hurt at all, in spite of what one could think. And so, she accepted the piece of candy when it was handed to her.

She had found his wings (if they could be called that) rather strange, but had thought them to be glass. With that, however... she did dare to have a lick and realized that, no, it wasn't glass at all. "You must be a hit with the kids." She pointed out, rather amused by this.

Meepfur
Once she'd taken it, Rio snapped off another small piece to stir his own tea with and took a seat. "Mm-hm," he confirmed, chuckling. "Did Adi not offer you a piece of hers? You must have had her too distracted."

Zero Dream
Had she ? No. probably not. She would probably have puzzled about it like she had just done now, and she did not remember such a thing. "No, she hadn't." Edible wings. That was a bit odd.

"I wasn't aware I was this interesting." The night elf let out a light chuckle.

Meepfur
"Everything and everyone is interesting to Adi." Rio chuckled fondly. "Anything to do with nature even more so, and a druid? I think that's about as interesting as you can get, short of a God of Flowers."

Zero Dream
"Or a god of Gardens." The night elven woman brought the cup to her lips, after she had let the raspberry candy melt a bit inside the tea. "Or Forests." She couldn't help but wonder how Glyph was even able to escape Adrienne's attention. Both spoke of the other rather favorably, at any rate.

"There are certainly beings more interesting than me around these parts." She gave another light chuckle. "But if I am able to teach her a few things... Well, part of me do feel better for it." She admitted. She was leaving something behind, even if it was knowledge and memory, if not something tangible.

Meepfur
"Indeed," Rio agreed, to the matter of gods that Adi would no doubt be fond of - and was, in the case of Glyph. Personally, Rio couldn't help but wonder if his daughter would choose the Forest God as the one she wanted to serve...if he'd have her, of course. But who wouldn't have Adi? Not that he was biased at all.

"Interesting is quite...subjective." The god smiled lightly. If only Illisia knew the half of it! Adrienne was practically infatuated with the druid.

"I'm glad for it. She needs someone like you." 'And you need someone like her.' Which seemed to to have realized on her own, and so he didn't find it necessary to say it. Even with those who were completely willing, their impending end could be a little bit of a sensitive subject, and he didn't want to poke at that too much.

Zero Dream
"Perhaps it is." To herself, Illisia was nothing all that interesting or out of the ordinary. She'd never stood up much among her society, really, for the most part. She was part of it, of course, but she was, overall, an elf among others.

Here, though... she was perhaps the only one of her kind that Adi might be able to meet.Subjective indeed.

"Im just glad that im able to help someone." She answered with a smile. If she got the unspoken part, she gave no notice of it. "I don't think she'd be able to end up completely like a druid from my people.... but I think she'll be able to go far if she keeps working at it."

Meepfur
"She was quite fascinated by your ability to change shape," he noted with a smile, "But I'd be surprised if she could do the same. It would be interesting, though, if she could...is it very difficult?" It certainly seemed like it would be, but you never knew. It was also something Orin might be interested in, he imagined.

Zero Dream
"It was pretty hard for me, the first times I tried it." The elven woman admited, stirring her tea absent-mindedly, letting the piece of candy melt some more before drinking again. "It isn't an innate skill of my race, so I had to learn it all. It is also pretty painful, until your body gets used to changing." Bones changing shapes, lengthening, shortening, skin pulling... It hadn't been a walk in the park for her. Pain and exhaustion settled in after many early attempts, and she'd lagged behind more of her peers, and had returned home crying from exhaustion and shame more than one. But not pain. As a sentinel, Illisia had trained herself to be highly resistant to pain, to be able to fight on undistracted by any injury, if it's nature made it possible.

"She has a long road ahead of her if she wants to learn... if she can learn it at all. Not many can." Many of the other races of Azeroth had tried. Of those, only the tauren has succeeded in being able to learn the teaching of Cenarius. "And it will not be by my hand." She did not wish to see Adrienne in such pain. Selfish of her, perhaps.

Meepfur
"I can only imagine." Rio frowned lightly at the thought. It had been painful enough when he first changed from Alex and grew his wings. To change shape entirely, from one creature to another, must be quite the process. "And understand, of course. I had a hard enough time seeing her with skinned knees."

It was difficult to see Adi in any kind of distress, and none of hers had been over 'serious' matters as yet. Something that could fast be approaching, now that she was older.

Zero Dream
Illisia took another sip from her cup, a clearly amused expression. "Just wait." She started, nearly laughing. "Until she brings home boys."

That was the point where you started to feel old, the night elf had decided, no matter how immortal you were. It had been a shock to her system, and she had found Elik's first potental mate rather... lacking.

The ones after were less questionable, at least, but he had yet to truly attach himself in something that lasted, but he was still young. And he had all the time needed to take his time, before. Not so much now.

Meepfur
"It's only a matter of time," Rio agreed, laughing. It was a prospect that, for him, was not as daunting as it might be for most parents. He was Love, after all. The difficulty would come if someone ever broke her heart. Then there would be trouble. "She might have quite a time finding one, though - everyone she knows has known her since she was little."

Zero Dream
She should have figured, really, that this wouldn't be such an huge deal for a god of Love, now wouldn't it ? Good going, Illisia, though she let it go without saying anything.

"That probably doesn't help..." Illisia admitted. "Though, I am sure she'll find someone, eventually." How couldn't she ? It was hard to think otherwise, but the night elf was very, very biased on the matter.

Meepfur
"Sooner or later, though for now she seems content with plants." Perhaps she'd find someone who shared such interests? Well, whoever she found, he sincerely hoped they never did wrong by her; it wouldn't end well for them, of that much he was certain.

Zero Dream
Someone who likes plants... an extremely silly idea entered her mind, but she rejected it before she could speak of it. It had to be Rio's presence that had her think like that... surely.

Elik was a little old for Adi, really. As much as she had always wanted grandchildren... Well, now it wouldn't happen in her lifetime, wouldn't it, anyway ?

She saddened a little at that thought, but forced herself to smile. "Common points are very important, but... You would know all about that, right ?"

Meepfur
Rio chuckled. Why yes, he did indeed know all about that. "Well, as much as opposites might attract, everyone needs some common points. It's hard to build a lasting relationship, otherwise, but every now and then an unlikely couple will make it work."

Zero Dream
"I've made it work, for a long time... But in the end, it wasn't enough." Her first husband wasn't willing to abandon the arcane. She wasn't willing to take it on after she had seen firsthand what it had done to the world. Their world. After that night, she had never seen him again.

She finished her cup with one last sip, and she set it aside, carefully. "Ill do all that I can for Adi, though." Until she would be... gone, but she saw no need to mention that.

Meepfur
Love nodded, understanding perfectly. Even Khiviance, with whom he shared an entire domain, was sometimes too different from him. Not that it ever really ended...it was more of an on and off sort of affair.

He smiled. "For that, I can never thank you enough. If you ever need anything, you have only to ask."

Zero Dream
She nodded at that, smiling in turn. "I will, though.. I should probably get going." She was starting to feel the familiar pangs of hunger in her belly, and since her initial mission at trying to feel dragons was now long forgotten...

Well, the fish her body so very much carved wasn't going to catch itself. How odd, through. The last time she'd had food fixations was when she had been pregnant, and Illisia was very certain she wasn't pregnant.

The idea that Xun might be causing it never crossed her mind.

Meepfur
"Of course," Rio said with a nod of understanding, standing politely to see her off. "I'm sure we'll see each other again soon enough. I look forward to it."

When she'd gone, Love settled back into some cushions, comfortable with his tea.

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:59 pm
Attack Of The Aoidei

That had been a nice day... or perhaps it had been night ? It was dark all the time, thanks to the lack of sky, so it was not quite possible for Illisia to say. While the constant darkness tended to have the night elf awake at the same time as everyone else, it was getting... a little depressing, even she had to admit. Daytime had never been her favourite time of the day, as her vision was lessened, but now that it was gone completely, she found herself missing it, in a way. Simply because it was not the way things should be, and she knew it.

And that was without even getting to the true problem behind the lack of sky. Elune... Universe... gone. Most likely forever.

Well, whatever time it actually was, it had been profitable to the woman. She had returned from her outdoors excursions with a few seeds to attempt to plant in her room, as well as a few berries gathered for the same purposes. She wasn't sure if things would actually grow, but there was only one way to find out, wasn't there ? ...Well, the berries had been to eat for the most part, though this time she would actually try to save a few. She was very fond of strawberries in particular, finally identified thanks to Adrienne. But she was not quite sure why did they call them strawberries, after all she'd yet to find some growing on straws... ?

Humans were silly sometimes. This seemed true no matter which world one was on at the time.

She let her bag fall on the ground without much care, and it was then that she noticed she was not quite alone. There was the advantage with her room being one large, open space – if something was off, she could notice it immediately. Fresh tracks of... hooves ? Were her first clue, and with that, the first thing that came to mind was demon. There had been way too many of them around, ever since the cataclysm. They'd nearly been overrun.

She had no idea what a demon was doing in her room, but it was going to wish it hadn't had that brilliant idea, of this the night elven woman was certain. A few steps inside did reveal the intruder, kneeling by the lake, humming to herself, even, as if nothing was wrong at all about this picture.

Well, this was certainly the most bumbling demon she'd ever met. There was something off about the feel she was getting from her, and beside, she deserved at least a very stern talking-to for entering her room without her permission. Who the hell did that ?! Illisia had been just about to rush by and strike when...

Illisia, wait ! Don't !

What ? She's got nothing to do here !

She seems familiar... Something about her...

Oh, you've got to be kidding me...

Her steps had been enough to alert the woman, who looked up and... smiled one of the sweetest smiles Illisia had witnessed in any living being. ”My Lord Ti Lung ! You have returned, finally ! Ah...” She fidgeted a little, working herself back onto her hooves, if only to be able to kneel properly. ”Lord and Lady, I see. I come to offer my service as an aoidei, as I have in times long gone. I have once served, and thus I wish to serve once more.”

Aoidei... Xun Jiang did not quite remember her, per-se, but he has recognized her status. At least it had been enough to keep Illisia from turning her into a pinata. For now.

The night elf, for her part, looked rather startled. She was bowing to her, really ? Well, not really to her, but still ! Awkward ! Illisia certainly wasn't used to be bowed at. Especially from demons. ”Uh, you can stand up, really... You better not be here to cause trouble ! What's your name ?”

The woman looked a little down-under for a moment. ”You do not remember me ?” Dear... her beloved lord might be worse of than she thought. That simply meant that she had to keep a more careful eye on them both, just in case. ”Oh, do not worry about it, lord and lady. My name is Lindita.” The demoness rose as she had been asked to do, and looked up at Illisia, who had a good head over her, height-wise. ”Well, my lady...”

”...My name's Illisia, you know...”

”...I am not here to cause trouble, I promise you. Simply to serve my lord once more.” Lindita continued on her tangent as if she hadn't heard Illisia at all. It had happened so often by then that she was beyond really getting upset about Illisia's reaction, and with how her jaw was set even now. Her energy was better spent elsewhere. Like to serving her lord now that she found him again ! The demoness gave a respectful bow to the head. ”...Will I be allowed to serve again, lord and lady ? It would be my greatest honor, and it has been so long...”

Of course she will be allowed ! While he remembered nothing of her, Xun Jiang was delighted. That at least one of his former court would return to him was more than he'd actually hoped, given the circumstances. Unlike his host, he could not care less if she was a demon or not, as long as her intentions were pure. So far, the dragon king had been given no reason to doubt her at all.

”Yeah, okay, sure. But look, you can call Xun whatever you want. But my name is Ilisia, alright ?

The aoide all but beamed, a smile on her face. ”Of course, lady Illisia ! Oh, are these berries ? And seeds ? Oh, can I take care of those for you ? Where do you wish the seeds planted ?”

This... was going to take some work, the druid feared. And she also feared that she would find herself with little to do, if the faun's exuberance kept up. And she would keep a very close eye on this new addition, indeed.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:04 pm
Underground Rivers

Zero Dream
She had simply needed out.

Illisia had to admit that Lindita ultimately was devoted to Xun (and by extend, her) and meant well. She meant well... And she was a woman of a mission. She wanted to do everything and anything, and to be honest it was driving Illisia fairly batshit, because it left her with barely anything to do. And so, she had left the faun to finding furniture for her room and fled the scene in search of something more interesting than sit and watch.

Illisia definitively was not used to sitting and being literally served, per-se. And she was not sure if she liked it.

For her part, her wandering took her some place unknown, where there was still many remains of destroyed houses nearby, and yet one stood, relatively unshattered. Hm... This was rather odd.

Ithiltari
Not only was the house still intact, it showed signs of industrious - and recent - repair. There were a few beings milling about outside it, and as soon as the night elf had been spotted, a quick conference was apparently held with one member heading towards her shortly afterwards.

The demon, although it was not immediately clear that it was, in fact, a demon, approached Illisia almost cautiously. "Are you perhaps lost?" she asked, thumbing the hem of her rough black shirt nerviously. She didn't look like much of a threat, and while there were not many visitors to Jin Huang's house... "Or have you come to see my Lord?" You could never be too certain; and if Illisia looked carefully, she could see the others assuming positions nearer the house, as if to defend against anything she might try.

Zero Dream
Ilisia was clearly a little taken by surprise, and stopped in her tracks. She looked much like a warrior, with her build and height, and she held her hands away from her to show that she was not armed. The last thing she wanted was trouble. This also had the effect to make the gem on her arm very visible - and rather unmistakable, really, but the elf did not really think about that. Thankfully, she also did not seem to recognize the demon as exactly that.

"Im sorry, I was just passing by. I saw that this place was actually pretty well-kept so I got curious." Her lord... one of the gods ? Well, maybe not all of them liked to stay at the pantheon. Kind of how many of her kind lived away from the greater gatherings.

Ithiltari
The demon relaxed as Illisia spread her arms to show her lack of threat, but immediately tensed again as she saw the gem placed on her arm. "Y-es," she half-stuttered out. Her lord had impressed upon all of his demonic servants that bearers of gems were to be treated as respected guests (except in certain circumstances), and to be brought to him immediately, if they so desired. "It wouldn't do to live in a falling down house," she laughed out after a moment's thought.

"Ah...Would you care to call upon my Lord? He has extended an invitation to any of the gem-carriers, if they stop by."

Zero Dream
The sudden nervousness made one long eyebrow rise slightly. What could...

Oh.

Gem.

She always forgot about it. That meant her lord was most likely a god then.

"If he is not busy with anything else." Illisia shook her head. She would be loathe to bother a god simply because she was passing by.

Ithiltari
"I don't think he'll mind," she assured the night elf as she began to walk back towards the house. The other demons went back to their tasks at her reassuring nod, although one or two kept an eye on Illisia as she followed.

The inside of the house was in much better repair than the outside; indeed, one would almost assume that Gehenna had never happened, if it was anything to go by. The only thing truly lacking was furniture. There were two chairs off to the right, and the demon directed the guest to one before bowing and heading up the spiral stairs. It took only a moment for her to come scurrying back down, bowing once again to the figure following at a more sedate pace behind.

"My lord Jin Huang, the Dragon King Futs Lung, Treasurer to the Crown," the demon announced once he had finished descending.

He cocked an eyebrow at his guest, feeling a faint and familiar mental hint of something from the woman. "Would you care for something to eat or drink?" Jin Huang asked urbanely, his smooth tenor curious and practically asking her to introduce herself - and the god she carried on her arm.

Zero Dream
Illisia followed the woman, looking around her with obvious interest, but careful not to disturb anything. If she was aware of still being watched, she showed none of it.

She sat when indicated to do so, one long leg folding over the other, one bare feet still set on the floor. Just when she started to wonder who this lord was, she got her answer.

Like a magnet. That made how many now, on pure accident ?

Xun Jiang, of course, found this talent of his host to simply stumble onto his brother a rather handy thing. And now, he was in the company of one more. That indeed did make him pay greater attention to the outside. Futs Lung...

"I would appreciate a drink." She admitted, before continuing. She knew how this went by now. "Your brother Xun Jiang, Ti Lung, sends his greeting, and regret that he cannot speak to you directly. I will relay, if you wish ?"

Ithiltari
A brief wave of his hand set the demon off towards what was presumably a kitchen. Her introduction, however, caused a slightly stunned expression to flicker across his face, though it was quickly replaced by a broad and welcoming smile. "Ti Lung!" Jin Huang exclaimed gladly, hurrying over to the woman, sitting down in the chair opposite. "It is good to see you again, as it were," he continued, teasing as only he would do with his siblings.

"And that would be most welcome."

Zero Dream
Xun was also clearly pleased with his brother's reaction. Clearly Jin hadn't seen this coming at all. He did laugh a bit, but nothing in Illisia's expression betrayed it.

"It is good indeed." The words where the elf's, but her body language did not match up with them. Not that it was a lie, not at all, but Illisia looked more nervous than anything else. She still wasn't quite sure how to deal with gods at large, but she figured the point was moot.

"I must apologize for stumbling about unannounced." Illisia shook her head. "But it is good that I have found you, no matter how accidentally."

There were still too many sibilings unaccounted for. He had heard of Chien Tang, but not seen him. Same with his jet black sister, Qian. Shen and Mang... were downright unaccounted for.

"Hopefully we have not taken you away from anything important ?" The question was Illisia's.

Ithiltari
The demon reappeared briefly with a pair of glasses filled with water; when they had been taken, she left as quickly as she could. Jin Huang waved a hand dismissively at his brother's apology. "Few enough know where I live, so stumbling about seems to be the best way to find me," he replied with another grin. He liked his privacy, thank you very much, but he would never hide from his siblings.

"No, nothing I can't pick up later," he reassured the woman; easy enough for him to tell who had thought what words. "Simply a minor discussion regarding the disposition of some decoration." Apparently this dragon rarely dropped his formality, even with a brother. "Have you been well?" A somewhat sharper glance accompianed the question; Jin Huang had heard naught of too many of his siblings. Only three - now four - were known to him as being active.

Zero Dream
Illisia accepted the glass as it was given to her, and took a sip. That glance did not go unnoticed by either party, and her ears flicked back slightly on reflex.

"I..." She made a bit of a face. Xun had apparently jumped the gun a little and she was now waiting for him to continue. "I have been well, so far. Since my return. We get along well."

Illisia, the dragon felt, had been the right choice, but it seemed better to leave that unsaid.

"The first host... failed." There was shame in that - and also fear. Most likely Illisia's. She had came to term with this a long time ago, but that this might also be her own fate was still a source of fear to the night elf. "I have only returned recently."

Ithiltari
Jin Huang looked nothing but attentive as his brother's host spoke, but once she had finished, he leaned back slightly in his chair, lips pursed. His first host failed? That was both reassuring and disturbing, all at once. "I am glad to see you have found a new host," the dragon said finally, sympathetic. "And while the passing of another is no true cause for joy, I hope you both will forgive me in hoping you prosper with your second chance as you could not with your first." A pause.

"As I have with mine."

Zero Dream
"It is not." Illisia relayed once more. The elf could not help but wonder if he would ever be able to truly forget himself. From having literally wasted a life.

"We will not fail, this time. I will not allow it." Illisia shook her head. Xun was completely certain of that, and in turn it helped ease the woman's worry as time passed on.

The dragon king had to be her rock on that matter, and he would do so to the best of his ability... and if that meant hiding his own lack of memory on the matter, then so be it. There were many questions he wished to ask to his brother, but it may only serve to frighten Illisia. Better to wait.

He was getting somewhat decent at this whole patience thing.

Ithiltari
A flicker of something came over Jin Huang's face, but it was gone before any hint of his thoughts could be discerned. Instead, he took a sip of water and smiled reassuringly. "I have faith that you will not," he said, sounding as confident as Xun Jiang. There were certainly things he'd like to talk about with this brother - assuring him that everything would indeed work out, for one thing - but if Ti Lung did not wish to speak of such things through his host, then Futs Lung would oblige.

"If you'd care to indulge me," the dragon continued smoothly, "Might I ask how you came to find my brother's gem and the Pantheon?" He had called Delmin to him and been found in an interdimensional rift, and he suspected Yu had been bonded to his host there as well. But travel to the Pantheon was limited these days, with the death of Universe and the loss of those pathways. So unless the night elf was native (something he thought unlikely), or had been here already, she had to have come through Yggdrasil, something Jin Huang had an interest in.

Zero Dream
Everyone seemed to be so curious about how she had gotten here, really. But then, a tall, purple-skinned elf did not really blend in the surroundings as being native to whatever world this was very well.

Perhaps this wondering and surprise had to do with the fact that she was unable to communicate back home at all.

"I was sent here to investigate things with my son where all those things started happening... Gehenna, I think Tian Yue called it ? I was separated from him and then... the sky was gone a few days later." She shook her head a bit, tossing bangs away from her silver eyes. "I landed quite a far bit away from here, and I tended to camps of survivors as I started to make my way down. As a healer, I cannot abandon those in needs, but at the same time I felt... called. Once I made it to the pantheon, I was given the gem by Lord Harmodius. He had been calling me... not quite ever since I made my way into this world. It started after things got better."

Ithiltari
Jin Huang nodded as she finished her recounting of her journey to the Pantheon. "That makes sense," he responded with a bit of a wry grin. "There was no one to gather the gems while Lord Harmodius was bound within the Chrysalis." He was prepared to elaborate on that point of either host or brother-dragon desired; but she had at least a passing familiarity with Gehenna, and so it was entirely possible that they already knew what had caused that crisis and what had befallen their Lord.

"Is there anything you would ask of me, then?" Normally, the offer would not have been extended; Jin Huang was, like his host, an intensely private person, but this was not just any god and host sitting in front of him! And after dealing with Tian Yue and Zhijian, it was interesting to be the erstwhile elder brother for a change.

Zero Dream
"No one to gather to the gems... ?" The question escaped her before she could really think about it. But then, hadn't Tian Yue said something about that, too ? "You mean with his... name being taken ? Tian Yue tried to explain it to be, but..." She gave Jin an embarrassed smile. "It's a little... hard to understand. For me. A lot to try to understand at once." She probably did look a bit stupid with that admition, but really, she was still processing the existence of so many gods to begin with. This was really a lot to understand all at once.

Something had happened to Harmodius, that she could gather. And also that he was both, Creation and Destruction. But she had no idea it had been as dire, really, as the man before her was putting it.

It did look like Jin would get to play big brother, after all.

His question did made her a little uncomfortable - really, to ask something of him ? Illisia was quite used to doing things on her own, as well as being mostly self-dependent. But then... "You... wouldn't happen to have some maps ? Of the surroundings ?" Okay, now she even sounded embarrassed. "I am starting to know my way around, especially the forests... but the cities still confuse me a little. I get lost in them."

Ithiltari
"I also meant ask of me in the do you have any questions sense," he said lightly, smiling to take any sting out of his words. "But a map can certainly be arranged." Although there were no demons in immediate sight, all it took to summon one was a raised finger from the Dragon King. A whispered consultation later, and the demon was bowing it's way off again; no doubt to either find a map, or find someone to make one. "That shouldn't take long," he said, attention back on the elf. "If you'd like, I can attempt to explain what I know of Gehenna and the Crown?" It wasn't much; Jin Huang had been rather out of the loop for much of it, and there were occasionally gaping holes in his knowledge. Most of which had come from Phaedra, who was perhaps not the most unbiased source.

Zero Dream
It wasn't Jin Huang's fault that Illisia was a bit nervous, far from it. She just... was. It was odd, as if she felt like she had something to prove to the other dragon, but she wasn't exactly certain as to what.

"Ah, yes, of course. Thank you." She took a sip of water, realizing she'd all but forgotten about the glass at all.

What is wrong ? Xun could very well tell that Illisia was nervous but... he couldn't even fathom just why.

Nothing.

"We would really appreciate that." She nodded. Maybe Xun would understand better than she would ?

Ithiltari
Jin Huang nodded carefully, noting the host's continued unease. It was making him a little tense, as he couldn't discern any reason for Illisia's nerves. Taking a sip of water, he began to speak of what he knew; the wounding of Kishara, Gaia, and the return of the Grigori. The change from Creation to Destruction, then the loss of even that much of their Lord. The dragon highlighted briefly the Weeks, explaining only a little of the lore and reason behind the Influences. Shifts in the explanations were punctuated by more water, glasses never left to become empty as attentive demons silently moved around the pair. One left a rolled map on the small table near Illisia as Jin Huang spoke of the search for Aritogeiton; or at least what he knew of it from his servant's part.

He did not dwell overlong on the hunt for the Manacles that had been undertaken with Phaedra, mentioning only that it had been successfully completed. The narrative trailed off shortly thereafter as the dragon let out a resigned sigh. "Unfortunately, I was not able to attend the Ceremony of Rebirth that saw Creation reborn," Jin Huang said sadly to his brother. "And I have not been to the Pantheon since." Sitting back in his chair, he crooked one corner of his mouth upwards in what might have been a smile. "I hope, though, that what I know will prove helpful to you both."

Zero Dream
Both Illisia and the dragon lingering within her listened carefully to Jin's words, ears perked in focus. She could follow the dragon's sayings easily - she'd always been good at language, and was better in common than most of the night elves she'd known. He explained in a way that also made more sense than most explanations she'd gotten so far - as the dragon spoke of the attack against Gaia and Destruction, her hand gripped at the arm of her chair in a dead-grip, the hue of her skin fading lightly toward white.

The elf never seemed to notice, and so it became apparent that the dragon within wasn't very happy about what he was being told. He'd known of the attack against their Lord, but not in such detail, not like this. And to think that when that happened - when this all went down... He had been nowhere. Nowhere at all, when he should have been there as well, at the very least supporting his brothers and caring for what could be cared for while the others fought tooth and claw against adversity. And instead he'd been... no where at all, one more question among so many.

She did finally let go of her grip on the chair, but Illisia still listened with keen interest. That... she'd felt all of that, known of them, remembered them. Those waves. It was odd, at least, to be able to put a true source to what had killed so many. Her family, her friend, her people, so many. This was no fault of Jin, however, and she was careful not to shoot the messenger, so to speak. She didn't understand everything - couldn't even dream to, really, but this was the closest she'd gotten, as she listened and watched the map, the paths that had been taken.

"Im not sure I understand everything... But that cleared up a few things that I was confused about." She finally was able to offer Futs Lung a smile, but it faded quickly as she spoke a question that emerged in her mind. "But if these... Grigori want to destroy everything." She asked, shaking her head. "...What good would it do them ? Wouldn't everything be like the sky is now ? I mean... wouldn't they be dead, too ? If there's nothing else to exist in ?" What race sought their own end ? It made no sense, to her.

Ithiltari
Jin Huang could certainly relate to his brother's pain and shame at not having been there; he'd been, oh who knew anymore. Certainly not where he was supposed to be, a curious trait that remained in play even now. But he said nothing on that subject, not wanting to burden Illisia with such things. If it had been Shuo himself who sat in the chair opposite, well. Matters would have fallen out differently, no doubt.

"As to that, I have no idea how anyone can hope to profit from such an outcome," he replied with a rather severe frown, though not directed at his brother's host. "It seems utterly futile." The dragon shrugged one shoulder then, as if dismissing the Grigori. "But then, if I could understand their motives, it would be much easier to figure out how to defeat them."

Zero Dream
She couldn't help but agree with that. "Knowing your enemy is the first step to defeating them." And she seemed to know what she was talking about. But in a way, she also wasn't. She'd fought orcs, and she'd fought demons - she'd fought wars that seemed lost ahead of time, and yet still sat there, still fidgeting a bit in the chair she was sitting at, a very visible gem in her arm.

"...Ill have to see if I can find something." It was hard to say if it was something she meant for herself, or if she was relaying Xun's thoughts on the matter.

Ithiltari
Jin Huang chuckled softly. "We all need to figure this out, and not as haphazardly as we have been." A slow shake of his head indicated the dragon's disgust at the rather shoddy way everyone was going about things at the moment. Then again, it was as though everyone was trying to regain their balance after having saved the world.

On the other hand, it wasn't like that was all anyone had needed to do, and Jin Huang felt the p***k of conscience at the knowledge that he hadn't exactly been doing his best recently either. With a soft sigh, he looked at Illisia intently, his gold ringed blue eyes seeming to be peering through and seeing the dragon she carried. "Remember, you're not alone. Neither of you are. If you need help, need anything...Well. Simply ask, and I'm sure someone would be eager to help." Ah, siblings.

Zero Dream
His eyes really caught her attention at that moment - she hadn't really noticed before. They were... really different. It wasn't a bad different, really - more-so-intriguing - and she nodded along. "Thank you. It is good to know."

I won't fail you. I won't fail you all. She wanted to say, but the words didn't want to come out. Maybe it was for the best.

"Thank you." Had she said it before ? She couldn't remember. Didn't hurt to repeat it, right ?

Ithiltari
"It's what we're here for," he said with a smile dancing around the corners of his mouth. At least, that was what the Kings were for, amongst themselves. Supporting each other, to better support the Crown. Weaken one, and all were diminished.

Waving a hand in light dismissal of her repeated thanks, Jin Huang looks mildly discomfited for the first time since she'd arrived. "You have the map? Ah, there," he said, spotting it, spinning his water glass about in his hand. "Was there anything else you needed?"

Ah. He simply wasn't sure how to end the meeting.

Zero Dream
Illisia finished her own glass of water, gently setting it back on the table.

"No... I don't think so." There would probably be more, later on - for now, however, the night elf and the dragon she bore had much to think about.

"I think I can find my way back to the pantheon from here." The woman said, inclining her head slightly. Even if not, well, it wasn't like sleeping in the woods was ever anything that scared her.

Ithiltari
"It's not far," he replied. "But my perception of distance may be slightly skewed, as I tend to ride to the Pantheon, not walk." Jin Huang stood and bowed slightly to the woman bearing the gem of his brother; he had respect for those chosen to sacrifice themselves, and even greater for the hosts of his siblings.

"You are, both of you, always welcome here."

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:05 pm
Musings

Illisia was silent, after she had left Jin Huang's house and started to walk back home, along the road. She had no idea why people liked this hard, black thing so much – she hated it. It was painful, with the small chunks that got stuck in her feet. Thankfully they were not sharp enough to break the skin there and truly wound her, but it was still an annoyance. She could have worn boots but... she rather disliked wearing footwear, and only did so if she had no other choice. She did not yet consider herself as having any other choice in spite of the discomfort.

There were a lot of things on her mind as she walked, with the dragon that shared her mind, body, and eventually soul was equally quiet, most likely thinking on his own. Was it really so common for the host of dragons to fail ? She had yet to hear of any others, but with the dragons... Two of Xun Jiang's siblings had gone though the very same thing before him, and there were Shen Lung and Mang, who had been unaccounted for at least as long as Ti Lung himself had been... It was hard to remain positive in such a situation, especially keeping in mind how they were. Each of the dragons she had met had been devoted to Creation in a way that she would probably never quite understand, and the thought of some remaining away in spite of something happening... no, it made no sense at all.

It would have taken something drastic to keep them away, if they were anything like their siblings.

This particular meeting had been... interesting, to say the least. Jin had not been unfriendly, not at all, but she could easily guess that there had been things that had gone unsaid, most likely because of her presence. She had her own guess as to what one of those subjects would have been – the one thing Xun actively tried to shelter her out of. It made conflicting feelings arise inside her.

On one hand, the night elf was glad – this was not a subject she liked to think about, that one mortal before her had tried to bring to rebirth the very same dragon that she bore now, with only the name being different. Had tried and failed, with consequences being death form what she had been able to gather. She didn't even know what had really happened – Xun never talked about it, but from his initial reaction, it was very well possible that the dragon couldn't even remember that much. She hadn't got the feeling that he was lying and covering his tracks, back then, given how shocked he had been himself.

On the other... well, perhaps knowing how it all happened, if Futs Lung even remembered his own first experience, would have helped. Something to guide her, to reassure her, something that had been done different and that this had resulted in... well, Jin being reborn. She offered her life, willingly so – she had known exactly what she was getting into before the jewel had been given to her, Creation had made sure of it. But at the same time, she would rather not have it wasted. If she was to die, then she would put something else in motion. It had been one of her reasons for accepting to do this, after all.

She was thrown out of her train of thought when she nearly tripped into one crack on the concrete, hitting her toe hard against it – she hissed a curse in darnassian as she quickly shifted her center of gravity to remain standing upright. What were the uses for this thing, anyway, beside falling and breaking something ?! Stone paths were so much better, and more durable.

Seesh. Humans could be so silly. At least she thought it would be humans. Most of the population she saw seemed to be human, therefore that generalization did not feel quite so off. Good thing she had never seen a car in working condition.

Her balance regained, Illisia set back to walking forward, ignoring the twinges of pain in her toes as best as she could, and going back to her thoughts. Even then, even if they had talked of such things... Well. No one had seemed to be able to tell her much about this host business. No one had been able to truly tell her how long she had left, for example. Who could say what worked for one dragon would work for the other ?

No, maybe she had to let go of all that, of all these notions of what-ifs. She had to trust Xun's judgement completely, and be... herself. Do this the best she could, do this thing only she could do.

There is something within you that is not within others, something which Ti Lung needs and does not have, Harmodius had told her.

Perhaps this was what she had to do. Find what this thing was and then... showing it to him ? Giving it to him ? Would it all happen in her end and his true beginning ?

It was the only thing she could really do, after all. Even if she could go back... Well, in spite of it all, she wasn't sure if she would.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:07 pm
Unnaturally Good Luck

Illisia has quite a lucky run in with Laurence, the host of Mang. Lucky for him because he was horribly lost, and lucky for her because it means one more dragon found ! She ends up taking him back to the pantheon and offering him to say with her as long as he might need.

rp logged here due to length.

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:09 pm
Watching Over You

Laurence slept deeply now, and the night elf doubted that she would awaken him if she went out and about, but yet she remained put, sitting cross-legged, alternating in between watching him, as she had told she would, and looking at the pale, shimmering surface of the lake, her head heavy with thoughts.

Xun was silent, but she could feel his own happiness bleed over, so to speak. Mang was here, right beside them, his brother once lost. His guess had seemed correct, and that thug at him, she could tell – the dragon had wanted, so deeply, against all hope, that none other of his siblings had gone though what he had lived. Whatever it had been.

Illisia did nothing to rouse him from his quiet silence, content with the calm, with the only sound being the waterfall, waters falling slowly in a way that she hoped soothed the priest's mind... no matter that plagued it. She would not ask. Laurence might chose to tell her, one day, and on that day, by his own will, she would listen, and speak of it to no one else – bringing that secret with her wherever she would go after...

Well. After Xun took over, hopefully. The best case scenario. She had to focus on it, on that goal, and not let the doubt take her over again. And do the same for the sleeping man at her side. There was indeed a sort of kinship in between her and Laurence, she felt. Someone who was going through the same thing that she was, at the very same time. Brothers in arms, perhaps.

He looked so peaceful in his sleep, in spite of everything. The night elf couldn't help but sigh, shaking her head. Good thing he looked nothing like her son, or it just might be too much to bear. How many nights had she sat in this exact same position, looking over Elik when he was ill, or been bothered, holding silent vigil, even long after he had became an adult ?

Mothers never stopped being mothers, after all. And as such, mothers never quite stopped worrying. She knew him well, at least. It was more than she normally could say.

One ear stood up when she heard a sound, behind her – the sound of the wooden door opening. There had been no knock, so she knew exactly who it was.

”Who... ?” The aoide did not get to finish her sentence, going silent when Illisia shushed her, working herself to her feet with only the barest sound, leading the demoness back outside. They had to talk, and in spite of how she'd spoken before, she did feel a little badly now. Lindita had done nothing wrong, not really.

Beside being a demon.

”This is Laurence.” She answered the question after closing the door behind her. ”He is the host to Mang-”

Immediately the demoness' face lit up. ”Lord Mang ? Oh, that is excellent news !” She clapped her hands together, smiling. Not only her Lord, but his most exalted brothers as well ! ”I will care for him as if he was--"

”Actually.” She cut though, and the demoness fell silent once more, confused. ”He is a priest, you see. Priests and demons... I don't know how long he'll stay, but I really... Really don't want you to bother him, Lindita.” The aoide's own furred ears dropped, and Illisia winced. This whole damn servant buisness... !! She could certainly do without this !

”It's nothing you've done.” At least she doubted it. She'd seen kittens more threatening than Lindita was. ”I think something happened to him, but he will not say. Until he gets comfortable, we would really appreciate if you could leave him be.”

Lindita chewed on her lip, as if unsure what to think. Illisia had said it was none of her fault, and well... the night elf was quite skilled at telling her when things were her fault. Which was her right, of course, as she bore her lord. ”Many demons have been released when hell collapsed. I hadn't been here in ages, not since I had became aoide... But as you know, most are unkind.”

”Indeed.” Well, this could have gone worse. Lindita was many things, but she wasn't stupid, and the aoidei was listening – the druid was certain she would do so. ”So, while he is here... Do you think you could make yourself scarce ?” She was so going to regret it, but... ”Maybe look for furniture ? Help some of the people who live nearby ?”

”Of course, my lady. I will oblige.” She said softly, inclining her head. The comfort of one of His brothers was certainly more important than her own. She could spend time among the mortals, like she had done before her lord had returned. Nothing bad would happen with Mang around... right ? ”Who will take care of the saplings, however ?

Illisia nearly face-palmed. She was basically kicking her out, even if temporarily, and Lindita was worried about the trees ?! ...There was no understanding the aoide. ”Ill take good care of them. Promise.”

”Very well.” The demoness bowed. ”I shall go then. Take great care, my lady.” And with that, she turned and went down the stairs, her hooves clicking against the marble.

That... could have gone worse, Illisia decided. With that, the night elf turned and went back inside. It was, perhaps, her own turn to rest for awhile.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:10 pm
A Sight For Sore Eyes !

SkieBorne
It had been a taxing last few months. The times he'd encountered other denizens of the Pantheon for any length of time had been unpleasant - first Desert then Greed and then the haughty Winter. None of which he got along with particularly well. Now that he'd gained some breathing space, Forest had retreated into his beloved bower and taken the opportunity to traverse its pathways again and again. Wandering through its maze was calming, offered a hideaway where he could only be found if he so chose to allow it.

As it was, Glyph wasn't deliberately trying to be difficult to find, not really, even though the lake he was currently lounging beside was so deep into the forest, only determined mortals or those who knew the way would be able to find it with any degree of ease.

Isolation this was not. Surrounded by plant and animal, Glyph felt so much more at home here then in the confines of his room within the pantheon.

Zero Dream
Illisia had taken to wandering further and further away from the pantheon, widening the boundaries of her known world so that she would locate herself more easily. And well, she had to admit the peace wasn't such a bad thing. If it wasn't Lindita driving her up a wall by being too helpful, it was running into another of Xun's brothers. Funky genetics, really. He claimed that he had a sister, but she'd yet to find her on pure accident as he did the others. It wasn't that they were bad encounters, not really, but they were a little awkward, with her having to relay whatever Xun wanted to say, She was never quite sure how she was supposed to behave and what she was supposed to say.

She had approached the lake from the other side from where Glyph was currently lounging, completely unaware of his nearby presence as she peered at the water. It looked so clear and nice...

When a quick look revealed no one nearby (oh, how wrong was she), she kicked off her skirt, removed her top, and dived from the top of the cliffside straight in the clear water.

SkieBorne
The resounding splash made the god start and he say up, eyes scanning the water's surface. There were no large creatures in that lake, as far as he knew, and it had been serene a moment before. Now... the ripples of whatever had just landed in the water were lapping up on shore.

"Hello!?" He called, crossing his legs as he leaned forward. A moment later he saw a familiar flash of lavender skin and immediately glanced away... then slowly back. There was Illisia, skinny dipping in the lake and really, he couldn't honestly complain about that. Coughing despite himself and hoping he wasn't blushing out of embarassment, Forest rose and waved, trying to get her attention. "Illisia!"

He was quite happy to find her here, a friendly, familiar face he had much to catch up on with. It had been entirely too long and the realization he'd missed her struck him, drawing an awkward grin from the forest god. "Xun!~ Illisia!~ Mind if I come in? I've been practicing what you taught me!" Perhaps she wouldn't mind his joining her?

Zero Dream
Illisia cut though the water like an arrow zoomed though air - quickly and neatly, reaching the bottom of the lake before arcing upward to emerge and breathe. The water was indeed as pleasant as it looked, crystal-clear and cool. She had certainly started to enjoy swims more lately, and she could not help but wonder if Xun had anything to do with it.

It was only when her name was called out that she perked, looking around until she finally looked around. "Glyph !" She looked perfectly comfortable, unlike most people would have when caught swimming in a lake naked. It had been some time since she had last seen him, and it was her turn to realize that she had actually missed him.

But most importantly, he was indeed blushing.

He was blushing, and Illisia could simply not resist if.

"If you think you can handle it." Illisia smirked, then dived underwater again.

This was so on.

SkieBorne
Glyph huffed at that and shook his head, "I can handle it! I won't drown by default now." He did have his pride, though, and so he chose not to mention her appeal as a distraction that might... detract from an ability to swim properly.

Stripping, he set his folded clothing on a nearby fallen log and waded into the water. Shivering at first, Glyph had to float about and warm up his muscles before he paddled out to where he'd last seen Illisia. His movements were smoother now, more confident and strong as he slid through the water and dove a couple meters below the surface to look for the night elf.

She would likely always be better at swimming then he, but he was not longer a complete novice.

Zero Dream
The night elf emerged further back, leaning against a rock to watch. His technique had definitively improved, his movements seemed to come much more naturally than they had done back in the pool in her room.

"You are definitively a good student." She pointed out, keeping a close eye, just in case. A lake, after all, wasn't quite the same thing as a contained pool.

...Well, of course it was not like he was a bad sight to look at either.

SkieBorne
Glyph smiled at that and offered a word of thanks as he spotted her and paddled over, "How have you been? I've spent most of my time out here recently, so I feel uninformed, but I've had poor luck, meeting others with.... ah, dispositions that rub me the wrong way. I trust your encounters haven't veen so unfortunate?" He stopped a little way away from where she was reclined on the boulders and let himself float; he'd realized he was actually fairly good at just motionless floating.

Zero Dream
"Mostly dragons. It's like I am a magnet." She made a bit of a face, but said nothing else. Not all her encounters had been enjoyable to her, per-se, but it seemed better to not mention it - mountains and forest were somewhat alike in domains, so it would have surprised the night elf if there was a relation there. The last thing she wanted was to upset Glyph.

"Nothing much happened, as far as I can tell."

SkieBorne
"Oh? Zhijian's a nice person. And Jin is rather formal. I don't think I've met any of the others in anything more then passing." He replied with a smile, "I assume Xun appreciates reconnecting with his brothers. Are you all accounted for, then? Or are some still missing?"

Forest nodded at that, "Calm, then. That's a good thing. I do know, however, that Desert is returned... and Phaedra likely hates me." He sighed, "And Winter is... a harsher personage then I'd anticipated. Though I'm most out of sorts because Desert has found his way back, calling himself Ashanti." He pursed his lips, clearly at odds with the god. Glyph did not remember much, let alone the specifics, but he'd felt a strong connection to Desert... though that connection had felt more like particularly strong sibling rivalry then of comradeship.

"Be careful of those three, Illisia. I would not want you hurt."

Zero Dream
"There are still some missing." There was some lingering sadness in that. Xun Jiang's, most likely. But then she smilled. "But I have met most of them. We will find them."

You need to stop thinking about the bad first, honestly. There was a bit of a 'tsk' sound in her mental voice. That isn't a nice way to live.

...You are most certainly right. He had to admit. This was worth keeping in mind.

Illisia listened to the rest of Glyph's recounting of the events, her ears flattening a little. It was hard to imagine how anyone could actually hate someone like him, to be honest. He had the kind of personality that would have him well-liked most of everywhere he went. It was his last statement that really got to her, though, made her blink and her cheeks light up like a bonfire. When... when was the last time that anyone had actually worried about her like that ? She was the one who usually worried about others.

"I... will be fine." She said, before ducking under the water in a rather half-assed attempt at hiding her deep purple blush. Awkward, awkwaaaaard...

SkieBorne
"You may be a powerful druid, but you are mortal yet... and they are unkind gods. Don't let your heart be swayed by them, as my Host was spellbound by Greed. That is not a relationship to be enjoyed." He replied easily, smiling at her blush, "Am I not allowed to worry about you?"

Splashing her with a soft laugh he tried to get her to stop hiding, "No need to hide your blush. I simply wish you well. Though I am sure Xun would not allow harm to come by you, I will also help. My realm is sanctuary for those who seek it - don't forget." Glyph winked then and pushed off the bottom so he kick lazily about, enjoying the waters.

"But on to more pleasant topics. Did a girl named Adrienne ever seek you out? I spoke of you and your profession when she proved interested in gardening. She's a very nice person. I hope you didn't mind that..." It hadn't really occurred to him that she might not appreciate a would-be apprentice until just that moment and he paused, to look over at her with a 'sorry I didn't ask you first' expression.

Zero Dream
Elaboration did not seem to help much - the druid had been about to retort that it was her job to watch over people, when she got a facefull of water for her trouble. Hey ! Illisia was quick to launch a counter-attack, an almost child-like pout settling on her lips.

"I met her outside, actually." Illisia answered when she had regained most of her composure. "She showed me her tree. It's a very nice tree, but im kind of jealous you give trees to pretty young ladies, and not old Illisia." She stuck out her tongue at him - far from truly offended. "She... learns amazingly fast. She caught on the concept very quickly. Maybe it's because she's part-god ?" And part aoidei. Confusing family tree is a go.

SkieBorne
Glyphs' ears flicked back in a hurt expression, taking her comment to heart as he believed she wouldn't say such a thing unless she thought as much on some level. Kicking nearer, he paused within arms reached and regarded her seriously, "Illisia. By virtue of your loyalties the whole of this forest is yours to shelter and frolic in. ...Were you in want of one? And you may be ancient by most mortal's counts but that hardly makes you less appealing. I find you beautiful." He honestly seemed worried that he'd missed such a thing - wasn't it obvious he'd opened his realm to her? She was a sworn guardian of not just one but all and as such she had the right to take shelter, sustenance, and entertainment from among the boughs and ancient trunks.... And to call him for favours if she was in need.

He pursed his lips, ears perking forward as he tried to think of an appropriate apology. "I... I am sorry I was not observant enough, Illisia. Apologies. I respect you... perhaps I was not obvious enough in my offering of my, ah, protection. Adrienne is responsible for but one tree in specific, I offer you the Forest beyond the single tree. Does that make sense? I don't know if it does... " He was verbally floundering as he sunk lower into the water such that only his eyes, and his leafy twigs were exposed, and blew bubbles of distress, figuring he was probably just making it worse. He hadn't meant to bother her....

"It's good your student is a quick learner." He burbled at length, awkwardly trying to get the conversation back on track.

Zero Dream
Oh no... this hadn't meant it like that at all. It was her ears that dropped back now, and she stared at the surface of the water as if it was the most interesting thing in the world.

"Silly..." She whispered, letting him come closer. She... didn't mind it, not when it was him. "I wasn't serious at all..." His comment about him finding her beautiful caused her to blush again, No one had really made her such a compliment, ever since her husband had died. A husband that she had loved dearly, yet had barely known.

"Don't worry so much." She leaned forward - kissing his forehead, and immediately asking herself just why she had done it. Well, at least now she knew not to do jokes like that to him. "And don't be so hard on yourself. I didn't mean any of it. I won't tease you like that anymore." Now that she thought about it, it made sense that it had been likely to strike a cord in him. Stupid, stupid...

"Especially in this case." She agreed. Given that she had no idea how long she still had... "I will not be able to teach her everything, and make her a druid in truth, but... she will know what will be the most important for her."

SkieBorne
He flushed as well when she kissed him and smiled at her, nodding slightly in relief, as he took her hand to kiss the top of her hand a gentleman would, "No.. it's okay. I... well, I respect you Illisia, and I welcome your company. Don't forget that." Glyph finished lamely, reaching for words more poignant then that and falling flat. She really did fluster him too easily.

"You will do enough. And what she hasn't learned I will help - perhaps I will have regained some of my glory by then." He offered, hoping that she would take comfort in knowing her teachings lived on, "I assume she will in turn teach others your craft. Not all will be forgotten. I will remember you, she, and Xun. I cannot speak for him but the sacrifice - willing sacrifice of my host is something that I will always keep close. It will be because of him that I found life once more..." He trailed off, fondly remembering the mage.

Zero Dream
She let him take her hand, and closed her eyes for a moment. This did certainly bring back memories... "It's been such a long time since..." She opened them again, shaking her head. "No... nevermind. It isn't important."

It was a little embarrassing, at that.

"Even if she doesn't... then at least she will know." Illisia nodded. She had never really planned to teach anybody, so that in itself was an accomplishment. "She is looking for a god to serve, she told me... since she's part-aoidei." It sounded like a causal note, but the druid had her own reasons to bring it up. It would certainly be a relief to see the young girl settled with a familiar, friendly face...

SkieBorne
Glyph blinked at that, then smiled as he chose not to pursue that topic. It sounded private and he wouldn't pry. "If that's what you want. I am curious, though, if you ever choose to speak of it." He tilted his head as if saying 'I'll listen, okay?'

"Oh? I didn't know that. Her parentage is something of a mystery to me, I must admit. Does she not serve Love? I thought her patron god was Rio."

Zero Dream
Illisia seemed more willing to continue down the latter part of the conversation rather than elaborate about what she had meant. "No, Rio is her mother." Yes, she'd said mother. Having met Love for herself, it sounded all the more foolish, but she managed to say it with a straight face. Mostly.

"Her family tree makes my head hurt." She scratched at her head. "Let's see... Rio had a female host. She fell in love with one of Hunt's aoidei, and she got pregnant. She's one with Rio now, so Adi just calls him mom. He does not look like a girl in any way or state of imagination. Unless being pink counts." Which, in her mind, didn't count.

"Following that conversation, Xun promptly asked me to please not get pregnant." She sounded terribly amused at that. "I don't think he has much to fear there."

SkieBorne
"Mother...?" Glyph found himself a little lost at first, though a soft chuckle greeted her explanation, "Ah, I see. It is similar to how Phaedra ensnared my host then. They were lovers for a time, though I believe she saw him more of a toy. But I digress." He cut himself off before he could ramble into something he clearly disliked. "I am only glad he did not get her with child. I would never live that down." The complexity of host and god relationships was something he obviously was familiar with.

"Pink doesn't count," he agreed with bemusement, "Does Xun not relish the idea of children, then? I adore them." It was, perhaps, one of his weak spots. That, and both shiny objects and sweets. A box of candies or a plate of cookies made him truly happy, even if such things were at odds with his element.

Zero Dream
Well, that did sound a little messy, she had to admit. Her lips pulled into a tight line at the thought of what would have happened then, but she didn't pry the subject any further. She'd already made him uncomfortable enough, thank you.

"I don't know." Her expression turned pensive then. Well ? Do you ?

The dragon had been silent so far, preferring to leave to two to their privacy... as much of it as could be done with an unseen bystander, anyway. I do not mind them. I would rather avoid such a situation. That had looked plainly obvious to him.

"He says he doesn't mind them." The elf shrugged. "He just wouldn't want them to lose well... me, I guess ? I kind of agree with him there." Adrienne had taken it well, but that didn't mean everyone else would. "But it's a moot point anyway."

Say the night elf swimming naked in a lake. Had there been anyone else there, the scene would have looked pretty suspicious.

SkieBorne
'I had meant that more in jest..." He replied after a moment, frowning slightly. "I understand his logic, the loss of a mother would be devastating, I think." Glyph nodded, agreeing that such a situation would be... difficult.

He fell into awkward silence then but did not wish to part company so soon, choosing to float there a moment before his bright eyes flickered with mischief, "Oh! Do you have a moment? There is something I would like to show you... I found them in my walks about the forest." His ears perked forward in enthusiasm, "I think you will like it."

Zero Dream
"I know." Beside, she had one son. That was more than enough.

Illisia, for her part, did not seem to share her companion's discomfort, as she swam a few more circles around the lake. She stopped when he spoke again, one long ear tilting toward his direction with interest. He clearly had her attention now, and her curiosity. "Well, I should probably go get my clothes first." Her voice lacked the embarrassment that would usually accompany such a situation, and instead Illisia shot off to the side, emerging from the lake and running back up the cliff, choosing to do so rather than to shift.

SkieBorne
He nodded when she spoke of clothing but did not get a chance to speak before she was away and running up the cliff. Had anyone questioned his choice to linger a moment in the water, he would say he was waiting for her... not watching her lithe form at all.

After a moment, he too turned away and returned to shore, finding his own clothing. When he was dressed, albeit rather damp, he leaned against a nearby tree to truly wait for the night elf. He was fairly certain she would enjoy the funny little creatures.

"This way." He spoke when she drew near and turned down one of the dear paths - its winding line now well traversed once more as animals returned. Again the forest seemed to bend around him, though he walked at a leisurely pace, "Are there very many interesting creatures where you come from? What about plants? Like your Teldrassil, for example."

Zero Dream
It wasn't long before Illisia has returned, settling back into a walk after she met back up with the god, thankfully clothed this time. She was also a little damp, but she did not seem to mind too much, not even bothering to squeeze the water out of her braid.

There was still that sense of wonder about her again, as the forest seemed to bend to his will once more, but it was more subdued than her initial reaction had been. It did make her wonder, however, just what Xun would be capable of.

"Well, Teldrassil is our world tree." She started to explain. "It's huge, and very high. It takes a few hours to get from one side to the opposite. The branches and foilage are so dense that they essentially act as stable ground - our main city, Darnassus, is built on top of it, and there are a few smaller village. It's got it's own flora and fauna."

SkieBorne
"And the flora and fauna? Do they greatly differ from this place?' He prompted, "Though... I would like to see your world tree. It may be a relic of past eons..." Glyph trailed off, though the tone of his voice was thoughtful, as though he were wondering if it might a hold-over of old courts. Teldrassil was not Yggdrasil, and trees fell in his domain... though it might just as easily be the work of another.

"I remember so little." He murmured to himself, frustrated that try as he might, he could not link such a concept to a memory. Still he, seemed to be leading the conversation as well at the walk in a specific direction - deep into the woods, towards the shadow of a bluff that cut across one portion of the forest.

Zero Dream
"Nothing that differs too much than with the rest of Azeroth." What had... well, what had differed had been because of the taint that had been taking over in some places, not a natural thing in any shape or imagination.

"I wish I could take you there." And she wished that she could see it for herself, one last time. "But I don't think I can." She had no idea how to go back, for one thing. For another... maybe it was better that way. Maybe.

Her eyes softened a bit. "Im sure you'll remember in time..." Xun didn't remember many things, either, but she did not mention it.

SkieBorne
"Ah, I see." A smile was evident in his voice as he paused at one place, calling in a sing-song-chirp that didn't quite match a bird's warble. "Perhaps these will be a surprise to you, as well."

"Once the Sky is returned and ways opened once more, I am sure Ankou would grant us safe passage if you describe it to him. There are portals in the Pantheon which link this realm to the other planes of existence. Through that there might be a chance. I will ask him next time I see him."

As she trailed off, however, an echo of his sing-song-chirp issued from the brush around them and he turned to grin like a child at Illisia. At first only one voice answered his call but it was soon joined by several as number of strange leaf-lizard creatures crept out of the bushes and down the trees. One, a minty green plant-lizard made its dainty way across an outstretched arm and curled around his neck with a chirp of greeting. From its back seemed to sprout vine leaves, marking it as something perhaps half animal, half plant.

Another, resembling a spring of mistletoe, ambled right up to Illisia and stopped before her with a curious sound as it flicked it tail. About the size of a kitten, it was a small, leafy bundle of curiosity that went so far as to paw at the hem of the night elf's robes.

"Aren't they cute?" He asked then, thoroughly pleased with himself, "I don't know what to call them but they use their leaves to hide in the bushes and trees. They're very friendly." Leave it to Glyph to find a colony of curious mimic creatures and adopt them.

Zero Dream
Uh ? Okay, now she was confused. She'd certainly never seen any of those portals, who was this Ankou, and why was he chirping for ?

Well, the elven woman got an answer to the last mental question soon enough, one ear standing almost straight in surprise as the sound was actually echoed, and the small creatures skittered out of hiding. No wonder he'd been looking so michevious ! And she'd fell right into it.

"What are these ?" She asked, peering at the one who had taken perch on Glyph's shoulder. One of the pack, a lighter green with it's leaves patterned like mistletoe, carefully started sniffing in her general direction.

SkieBorne
"I have no idea. But I think they're adorable and they like me so I'm not about to complain." Glyph replied with a laugh, quite entertained by Illisia's expression. "I found them when I was working on this region not too long ago. One was wounded so I took it back to my bower and nursed it back to health. She's quite appreciated it."

He pet the one that was curled about his neck as he smiled, stepping closer so the ivy-coloured one could take its turn to peer at her. The one that had been pawing at her feet decided Illisia was no longer interested and clambered up Glyph's robes with surprising skill to take its place on his head, among the little branches, and held onto his horn as it chattered to its fellow about his neck. "They like attention, touch, and black berries." He added after a moment, listing the things he'd learned they liked best.

Zero Dream
In truth, Illisia hadn't really realized one of them had been pawing at her until it scampered away and climbed Glyph much like if he had been a tree, settling on top of his horn. That was hilarious, she had to admit, with the little creature looking much like if it reached the top of the world. "Ill'd be careful with that, though. Mistletoe over your head often means trouble..." She stated as candidly as possible, before bursting into laughter.

Undeterred by the fact that it's other kin had been overlooked, the other mistletoe came closer, still sniffing at this strange, purple skinned woman. Apparently deciding that it liked her, it then started to climb along her skirt, settling on her shoulder and flicking out it's forked tongue.

SkieBorne
"It does?" He asked curiously, tilting his head back slightly as if to look at the creature. It chittered at him in protest and he laughed, reaching up to stroke its little head. Her laughter clued him in and he blinked, quite embarassed, "Oh! I see! Well... if trouble comes with my mistletoe, does your matching friend not suggest the same thing?"

He arched a brow, a wry grin turning the edge of his lips up into a mischievous smile, "I dare say it does."

Around them, the little creatures were chirping and greeting the pair with excited little voices, some even going so far as to scamper up the nearby trees and ride the branches down to look at this new person. They new Glyph well but this purple person! She was new and friendly and so interesting!

Zero Dream
"Hm... ?" One long eyebrow rose in confusion before the little lizard-like creature started happily chirping in her ear. It seemed like she had a little companion. "My, my... Well, you see, mistletoe is only dangerous if it's over your head, you see. Mine is clearly under my ears, which makes it under my head, and is therefore completely harmless."

One could say she was probably cheating with such a statement - mistletoe would have to bee quite high in the air in order to be over her long ears. She rose one hand to carefully run across the back of the little creature - there were actual leaves on there, not just limbs patterned after leaves, which surprised her - carefully, with it giving an happy chir sound.

"They're certainly friendly." She looked upward at the mass perched on top of the tree branch. "Good thing that im not carrying any berries, or else I think I might end up buried."

SkieBorne
"Then I suppose that gives you the advantage," he replied genially, reaching over to beckon her new friend towards him in the hopes he might elevate it above her head and beat her at her own game. "Is the danger doubled, then, if there is mistletoe above more then one head?" Glyph asked playfully before regarding the pinecone mimic that was hanging at the edge of a slender branch.

"That... is quite possible." He mumbled, entertained by the mental image that gave him, "They seem to have a sharp sense of smell - they always know when I'm carrying some. Maybe we could go pick a few, they're fun to play with."

Zero Dream
"Then it becomes especially dangerous." Her ears stood up completely straight, adding more to the challenge and wriggling in a way that could be nothing else but teasing. "Then they're forced to kiss, don't you know that ? But, technically it isn't winter veil, and usually the mistletoe is inanimate, so maybe it doesn't count."

The mistletoe mimic had now discovered something interesting - Illisia's braid, which now was being sniffed and pawed at extensively.

"Well, there are probably some nearby ?" Berries, not mimics. She already know there was plenty of those.

SkieBorne
Glyph laughed, "So a single mistletoe allows for optional kissing while two is required kissing? I cannot say that is a terrible arrangement. Winter Veil? Is that a celebration where you come from?" He poked a wiggling ear when her mistletoe friend decided her braid was more interesting then his fingers and shrugged, a smile still on his face.

"Indeed. There's a berry patch not too far from here, where they tend to gather for meals." Gesturing off in one direction, he waited a moment before he started off. His sense of direction was unfailing in the forest, it seemed, and had Illisia asked where they'd started he could easily point out the proper direction.

Zero Dream
"Yes, it is." Illisia walked alongside Forest, falling into pace with relative ease. "In wintertime, where families and friends gather and exchange gifts. It is a human holiday, I believe... but we ended up adopting it along with their alliance. A mingling of cultures, I would say. They started worshiping the elders in turn, as well." As they should have a long time before that, but the night elf refrained from passing that judgement out loud. At least now the lack was no longer there.

The little mimic twisted at her braid, almost as if attempting to make a nest out of it, chrr-ing happily as it did so. Illisia either did not notice or did not mind.

SkieBorne
The idea appealed to Glyph but he lamented the passing of winter. The elders? It wasn't a huge leap of logic to believe she was speaking of her discipline's leaders, "The elders of the druids? When is that festival?" He sounded quite interested in that one - it was something he could perhaps arrange, as Nergal held the Day of the Dead, perhaps he could host a festival to honour himself and those who held the forest sacred.

The mimics moved along with them, slipping among the branches with ease and cheerful calls. Occasionally a cascade of leaves would fall across them as they strolled, the result of playing lizard creatures overhead. It made Glyph smile. It was peaceful here, and relaxing... and best of all, he was not confined. He noticed deer tracks in the ground not long after and nodded his head to indicate them, "Looks like we won't be alone. The wildlife's finally begun to come back. A vixen had her kits in my bower, rambunctious little foxes. And it seems the deer have returned as well." He sounded proud, glad to see life on the rebound.

Zero Dream
"It.... Hm. It happens in spring, at the start of the lunar new year." She really had no idea how it converted to the time of this place. She had no idea how the months and days were even called !

"Im glad." She smiled as she looked at him. It was nice to see a place that was alive again, truly alive in all the senses of the word, having having to deal with things slowly (and then much less slowly) crumbling for what had seemed to be years.

SkieBorne
"Start of the lunar new year... I, ah, have no idea when that is." Glyph mused, glancing up at the canopy, and the nothingness above. He sighed, "Not that I think anyone knows. I move by seasons... wet, dry, warm, cold. Summer, Winter, Spring, Autumn. Though I must admit my favourite is summer." Forest smiled, his fondness for the season obvious - it was a time of blooming and fruit bearing and growth. His own twigs, mostly barren over the winter, were budding anew now that spring was returning.

It was a few moments more before they found the berry bushes and he stopped, gesturing at the berries he'd helped to encourage to grow. "There we are!" The mimic lizards left him and descended upon the bush with joyous chitters and chirps as they played or wrestled with one another.

Zero Dream
"I can't be too sure either, not in this place." This world did have a similar cycle of seasons... Maybe if she could find a calendar, she might be able to figure it out.

She did smile at his preference of seasons. "Azeroth is a little different like that. There's areas where there's snow all the time, and areas where it's warm all the time, and very little places that actually go through a visible cycle of season. It never snowed on Teldrasil."

The little mimic perched on her flicked it's tongue again and launched down to play with the others, and hopefully to nab a few berries for itself as well. "Ah-ha, look at them !"

SkieBorne
Glyph grimaced, "Remind to stay away from the places of everlasting winter, then. I would be a poor Forest indeed. I have said this before, I know, but your world fascinates me." He murmured as he leaned against the nearest tree and the newly unfurled leaves seem to perk at the nearness of the god. He noticed it and smiled, glad for the little things.

Her exclamation made his smile grow wider and he straightened up a little, perhaps proudly, and beamed at his companion, "Entertaining aren't they? I love them. You should see if yours would go with you, mine tend to follow me... though only a few venture outside the forest's borders. Maybe you'll have more luck."

Zero Dream
"They're adorable." They played a bit roughly, kind of like the frostsaber kittens tend to do, but it was adorable to look at, at the same time, and it seemed the little mimics knew how to not hurt themselves in the process.

"Really ?" She looked sideways at Glyph. "Wouldn't it be happier here ? But... Hm. Nothing some bribing with berries can't fix, I guess." It would be a little amusing, and to be honest she was growing fond of the little creatures.

SkieBorne
"They come back if they're not interested in leaving. It's not like I've put collars on any of them, they're free to come and go as they like." He returned the sideways look, lips quirked into a grin, "Isn't the connection better if the creature knows it has a choice rather then being bound by chains and collars?"

He pushed off from the tree and made his way carefully among the mimics, their play not even slowing as they bounded between his legs. Plucking some berries from the bush, he popped a few in his mouth and gestured for Illisia to join him, "Let's get some berries for you then, hm?"

Zero Dream
"Of course." She couldn't help but agree with that. She had such a connection with her frostsaber... The great cat was likely gone now, and it saddened her. He had been a constant, true companion, carrying her wherever she needed to be.

She put the sad thoughts aside for now, at least, and just laughed when he called for her, and she stepped forward as well, careful not to step on any tiny moving bodies. "See, as I say... berries always end up working."

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:11 pm
Unforseen Difficulties

Illisia had wound up parting with Glyph soon after that, saying her goodbyes and heading back... Well, it had become home, in a way, she couldn't deny it, and so she didn't bother to. She wasn't going back home, not really... not like this. Not without Elik, she'd first decided, and now... Well. It would be awkward really, to return like this knowing she'd come back here. She had no family left, beside her son, and, really, she didn't want anyone to mourn her ahead of time if they knew what would one day happen to her.

To be honest, her friends are probably mourned her a long time ago. And given the situation... it was probably better this way. It did worry her about how Elik would take it... but it couldn't be helped, at this point.

She could only hope he would understand.

The elf had stepped out of the forest proper, and was starting to be eager to get home. The mimic that had clung to her earlier was still there, flicking his tongue – she'd gotten to check when he came back to her – curiously at the change of surroundings. The small creature didn't look like he was gonna bolt anytime soon, but if he wished to go back to the forest, Illisia wouldn't stop him. Glyph was right on that point – the companionship was sweeter when it was not forced.

She wasn't far away from the pantheon now, but she was longing for some peace in her quarters now, and so shifting would get her there the quickest. At least, that was the plan­ However... she tried, calling on the shape of a cat, but at first, nothing happened. Nothing happened at all, and it left the night elf confused.

Illisia ? There was a wave of panic that followed the failure, and Ti Lung had been quick to pick it up. Is something wrong ?

I can't... No, it couldn't be possible. Not after she'd worked so hard to achieve it. Shapeshifting had never been something that had came easily for her, and thus it had been a personal pride when she had finally managed the art. She couldn't have lost that, it was impossible. And so she tried again.

It took about a minute of focus for her shape to finally change, the small mimic on her shoulder darting off in surprise, watching her from a nearby bush, unsure as to how his new friend had suddenly became something that was more akin to a predator.

This has never been so hard before... Well, not lately, at any rate. And even then... no, it wasn't the same than when she had first learned. The purple-furred cat started to make her way toward the pantheon, completely forgetting that speed had been the reason she had wanted to shift to begin with – the night elf was now concerned and rather deep in thought.

...It may be because I am growing in strength The dragon admitted. It wasn't very noticable outside of the two of them, as he chose to let his host at the forefront rather than speak for himself and control the body which would one day be his, but they knew that it was true. That he was steadily gaining strength, even if memories did not follow. For all he knew, they likely never would.

Oh... Well, then it's a good thing, right ? She wanted to believe so, really, but... this bothered her, really bothered her, in a way that was night indescriptible. Almost like she was already losing a part of herself.

The dragon was quick to pick onto her unease, however. I am sorry He hadn't meant for something like this to happen, really, but it was perhaps inevitable.

No, no. Don't be sorry. She didn't sound so convinced, but it would have to do. It wasn't like she had a choice, anyway. And it wasn't like she hadn't known anything else... she would adapt to this limitation in time, but for now, it bothered her.

She was so lost in thought, in fact, that she never noticed the little mimic dragon following her again.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:12 pm
A Long Time, Indeed

Illisia, concerned about what she has just figured out, takes a walk outside in search of a distraction... and ends up walking into Kheviel (literally), who provide good conversation, even if he seems to have problems of his own...

rp logged here due to length.

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:14 pm
Lord And Master

Zero Dream
There was a very specific thing, a very specific want that had fluttered in her out of her consciousness as of late. A want that had not been completely her own.

Xun Jiang was rather predictable, sometimes. She knew very well what the dragon wanted so much, with no need for him to even speak of it.

He wished to see Him. His Lord and Master. This was not a request that Illisia was opposed to futfilling, and so she had set off, leaving the comfort of her own rooms to have a look outside.

Perhaps she would get lucky. Perhaps she wouldn't, or would meet someone new. It was better than staying inside and doing nothing at all, at any rate. The night elf walked, barefoot, with only the sound of the grass ruffling following her.

Ivynian
User Image

The bounty of night once was the innumerable jewels that mirrored above and below. Silence had swallowed so much, and yet the cycles could not be denied. Nor instinct of the supposed peace of them.

Peace and silence came and were needed in tidal reminders. There was still much to be done by the hands of the Pantheon.

But not the least of things to be done was bathing. In many ways, pure waters were his close kindred. In the stories of heroes, waters provided the backdrop for great decisions, counted time, counted miles of travel.

Zero Dream
Illisia continued on her search, unhindered by the relative darkness of her surroundings. It was in the dark that her sight was at her most effective, after all. Her sight, and the sound of running water, guided her, and then at least she found what she had been looking for.

...She hadn't quite expected the scene unfolding in front of her, however.

The elven woman stilled, hesitating for a moment, when she caught of the first sight of hair the colors of a shifting sunset.

".Ah..." So much of a silent exit. Illisia bowed her head forward, in an attempt to hide her own embarrassment. Things like that never really bothered her before, but this... this was different.

"Shan'do... Should we return at a later time ?" The last thing she wanted was to bother a god.

And yet she couldn't bring herself to look away.

Ivynian
User Image

" Thero'shan, " Recognition of the honorific was instantaneous. The speaker could only be a specific woman, the only kaldorei within worlds of there. Creation turned in glancing for her whereabouts. It made sense that she would be active now, even if most others were not. It was a detail that slipped his grasp.

With a night elf about, no hour would be wholly safe of pleasant mischief. "If you are troubled, so be it. But I am not ashamed of your coming, and I see no purpose for you to be. Join me? The waters are cool and fine, and community wisdom found oft amid the tranquility of water. "

Zero Dream
She could have done just that. That had been one of the choice she could have made. But it went against her coming outside to seek Him out, wouldn't it ?

And she wasn't quite sure Xun would let her. Had the dragon had any control on her body, he would probably have ran the span of distance to be at his side.

Overeager dragon. She smirked to herself at the thought, amused at how he suddenly went silent, as if embarrassed by his eagerness. She did come forward, but in a slower, more demure pace. "As long as we arn't bothering you."

She stopped at the edge of the water, observing it for a moment. "Yet it is fitting that we should find you here, my Lord." Her words were... different, delayed. Another's relayed in her own voice. "Water as source of life."

Ivynian
User Image

" I had been considering just the same myself of the subject. "

"You are no trouble, unless you purpose to splash me."
He smiled, coming nearer the bank. Plain that Creation had very little sense of bodily shame, or clothing as anything more then adornment. That she was a woman, or a different species, or even a host, seemed to have no particular impact on his stance or comfort level.

"Countless worlds and civilizations have based their profit and war on the control of water. Without it, nearly all life fades to ash and sand. It is old worship, to offer decanters of water and oil over sacred stones. "

"What brings you out tonight, other then to stumble on an unsuspecting fool?"

Zero Dream
Now that would be an idea. Xun Jiang was, once again, amused.

Illisia's ears stood up nearly straight at that mental comment. Feel free, but im not doing it.

The elf, for her part, was slightly less comfortable, but did eventually end up stripping, letting her skirt and top fall to the floor with little care or ceremony before entering the water. He had probably seen much worse than a naked night elf, anyway.

"Unsuspecting perhaps." Some of the amusement liked through her voice. "But no fool, I wouldn't think."

"I've had a dragon antsy to meet his master for himself, you see."

I am NOT 'antsy'. came the slight huff in her mind.

And she smirked again at that. Liar, liar, pants on fire....

"He'd been literally bouncing in my mind, you see, like an human child who's had too much sugar. Much would be the same of all your dragons, I presume ?"

Ivynian
User Image

" The sons of my scales were imparted with the highest of passions. "

"You speak with idioms of experience. You have been a mother?"

Zero Dream
Well, that made sense. In way. It was just how they... were ? In a way.

It was his second question that made her pause for a moment. "I have." She hadn't thought it had been that evident... but then, she'd always been... motherly. Even before her son. "One son. I wouldn't imagine having to watch over..." How many gods were there, anyway ? "Well. You know."

The water helped her relax a bit. "Not that he really needed much watching over, the last time I saw him."

I will take care of him. When he comes. He told her, the previous amusement in gis voice absent.He had already told her this, more than once, but it bore repeating. For now, he was content with being silent, His presence so close being soothing enough.

I know. The exchange of thought was lightning-quick.

Ivynian
User Image

" I am less and more lucky then that. Of birth I had a single child by the empress long ago. Universe, the eternal skies. But of other methods, I have had many, many children. My dragon sons I created alone of my own body. They were shaped of scales shed by my balanced for, one each cupped and curled in claw into eggs and breathed into with my blood and mana. Dragonkind first embodied and named. They number nine, but perhaps he has already told you as much of his brothers." He began to walk out to the deeper water again, trailing his hands out to his sides to ripple the water.

" The count of grandchildren, great grandchildren, half-relations....that becomes exponential. I cannot say I have had the joy of raising from youth such glorious trouble as dragons in ages of stars. "

"Have you had time to meet many of them?"

Zero Dream
Ilisia listened intently, captivated by the explanation given to her. She did not know if all of that was literal or simply figure of speech, but it was interesting all the same. "So, the great aspects... descend from your dragons, in some way ?"

Universe, she remembered hearing of that one. Elune. Lost. She inclined her head in respect for a moment in silence.

The mental image of Harmodius running after nine little scampering whelps was almost too much for her, but she managed to only look amused rather than explode into laughter. "I had enough of running after one..."

"I have met many. Not all of them. But close. It seems that if I am ever in trouble, I will not be lacking in help." She turned pensive. "They greatly value each other, that much I can tell."

Ivynian
User Image

" It is so. Long ago when I cared for them, In gave into them virtue and love of each other. They were a brotherhood, an order which I trained to turn first and foremost to each other in need. If you had read tales of the greatest of knights, you would not have found them lacking in any account. "

"Curiosity and enthusiasm for all new problems posed them. Lessons of the strength of their bonds and what they could accomplish out of loyalty to each other. The hardest days for them were the first when their number was decreased. They never learned...how to deal with endings. They did not know what to do when one of them could not walk, could not speak or purr. The scars of those last years, sick and under duress of betrayal by their once loyal followers certainly remain. The lessons of unity as well. "

"You will find no family close then the Dragon Kings. And now you are a part of that honor. You are a little sister, a light which kindles their flame again to glory. They will remember teh cadence of your voice and the light of your eyes when all the rest of time has forgotten your name. "

Zero Dream
It was heart-wrenching, to hear of it spoken like this. In fact, she only noticed having brought her hand to her chest well after she had done the movement, as if trying to quell some phantom pain that wasn't her own.

"I remember." The same delay in her voice again. "...Not with my mind, but with my heart." Illisia could feel it, all of it. An hollow hole in her chest where her heart was, a pain beyond any of her understanding. No true image or memories, but they're weren't needed.

And the elf, at last, understood.

That's why you wanted them. Why you wanted to find Shuo and Shen Lung so badly. It made sense. It all made sense. And now many before them had failed, and she wondered if with each failure came this heart-wrenching feeling, this pain, when one that had been there suddenly was not anymore.

"I understand." Her words were her own again, pale eyes closed. Her own definition of family had been somewhat different. She was an only child - it was rare for night elves to have more than one, unless they were twins. "I will prove myself worthy of such memory. We will not fail again."

Ivynian
User Image

Creation turned to face her, still drifting with slow steps backward until he was at the center of the water.

" Always the focus comes to failure, to living up to or proofs of cause and kinship. You have nothing to prove, Illisia. You are already a bearer. You are already bound to the dragon king. "

"I wonder that no one thinks to celebrate their triumph and the joys to come. The flight and tumbles, the scratches and purrs. Have you ever seen the hearts of planets and held them in your hand? The Dragon Kings are the greatest of serpents, and you are now cut of that same clothe. Woven into it. You are accepted, so rejoice."

Zero Dream
"Ah..." Alright, now she was embarrassed, truly, face turning a deep shade of purple, hidden only by the darkness around them.

Or perhaps not. It was foolish to think that Creation's sight might be hindered by the lack of light.

"We come to expect only the best of ourselves, perhaps." She did finally say, his words having indeed made her think. Why, exactly ? She wasn't the only one that was that way. Many of the numerous people she had known in her long life would have likely said similar words than she just had. "We do not think to celebrate what feels like should be normality. That doesn't make it actually make any sense, but..." She trailed off, then.

"How does it feels ?" She asked, but then seemed to realize she had spoken out loud instead of thought. "The cores of planets... how do they feel like ?" Warm, burning, soft and pliable like clay ? Or perhaps a sensation that she couldn't even come close to relate to. It was possible.

Ivynian
User Image

" Have you ever waved your fingers through the flame of a candle? Quick enough and it does not burn, too slow and your fingers are blacked and stink of charred flesh. But that...heat. That sense of peril and of life. To touch the core of a planet or star is to hold that only infinitely greater in your palm. Let it hover there, near but not touching and...remarkable. Delicate and volatile. "

"Not too unlike yourself perhaps,"
he smiled, jesting and jovial.

Zero Dream
She hadn't quite done what, no. Not really. But she could understand what He spoke of. The thrill. The danger. Life. Something wild the she couldn't have even dared to even think about controlling. She'd felt something like this, she thought, on that day a scant few years ago, when she'd felt that energy at the tip of her fingers. Life. "I...."

She didn't get to finish before his last comment, and then she laughed, true and unrestrained. She was clearly more comfortable than she had been a few minutes ago, but she would probably blame the dragon for that one. Contentment was rolling off him in waves, the feeling so strong that she couldn't quite ignore it. He was indeed purring just like Harmodius said the dragons did.

"I am volatile, now ?" She did ask, a michevious glint in her pale eyes, full lips curled upward. "But then, they do say.... hell hath no fury like a mother scorned ? Or was it a woman scorned ? Well, either are quite applicable." She had been known to 'adopt' things and people, sometimes against their will.

Ivynian
User Image

" I rest my argument then, so supported. "

"Is there aught else that Ti Lung sees fit to roil about in your hours of respite?"

Zero Dream
Illisia wasn't quite sure she understood the question right, long eyebrows furrowing a bit in thought. What did Xun... ?

Erm.

"Im... not quite sure what you're asking about, to be honest." He certainly spoke in a manner more complicated than most, and she figured it was better to ask for clarification rather than go on a limb and answer.

Ivynian
User Image

" 'He'd been literally bouncing in my mind', you'd said, in regards to meeting me. I inquire whether or not there is else that he troubles you about. "

Zero Dream
Ah ! Well, yes, now that made sense.

"Not really... We get along well." An important thing, really. She didn't want to imagine what it felt like to be stuck with a god one couldn't stand. It... had most certainly happened. All of those she had met so far were at the very least sociable, but... just like people, there were most likely gods of darker influences.

Xun did seem rather easygoing for the most part.

"He teases me a lot through." She pouted, clearly a little exaggerated.

Ivynian
User Image

" I find myself curious as to what a matron of the kaldorei can be teased about. "

"I would not risk the venture, myself. "

"And you Xun, how do you find your fair Lady?
The Eldest showed no indications of seeing the oddness of speaking to more then one consciousness in the same body.

Zero Dream
The elven woman only let out a light, amused chuckle at Creation's first comment. "Oh, plenty of things. You will need to forgive me for not revealing them." When you lived as long as she had, well... the amount of silly things you've done was quite up there.

Likewise, she did not seem phased in the least when Xun was suddenly addressed. She had gotten used to being essentially two persons in one body, even if it had been rather odd at first. The answer came after only a few seconds, though still with her voice. "She is amazing. I have much to learn from her."

Flatterer.

Only the truth, my dear. The dragon was definitively amused.

Ivynian
User Image

" All is as best hoped then. I assure you, though, the high lineage of the scaled brothers does not omit them from erring on the side of hilarity or foolishness. Moreso in their youth and energy, but so with us all. "

"A less joyful note, if you have any desire of homecoming, only let it be known, and a door can be made you to reach the walks of Azeroth. I would only caution that all would not be found as had been left."

Zero Dream
Illisia found herself giggling in spite of herself at the mental images that followed Creation's first sentence. The night elf couldn't help but wonder what kind of silly things - and trouble - dragon could wind up into... Especially if all of them eventually ended up Tian Yue sized. "I have seem some of this first-hand, but I cannot help but wonder the path of destruction they could inadvertently create in their wake..."

Then she fell silent, and remained silent for a moment. That... she hadn't really thought much about it. In her mind, well, there simply hadn't been a way back. Was it really a good idea ?

I would not be against that. The dragon said, mental voice soft as a whisper.

"I will think about it." She finally did answer, offering a light smile and tilting her head lightly. "Thank you for offering me this."

Ivynian
User Image

" Deeds of selfishness remain solitary, of generosity...immortal. Let not the love of the heart be clutched meaningless in claws at my breast, but opened, gracious and out-poured for the benefit of all. "

"It is no trouble, Lady, to offer you gifts. You whom has already offered the greatest sacrifice."

Zero Dream
That made sense, indeed. And it was an opportunity she would indeed need to think about. "I understand."

The night elf looked up for a moment, and still there were no stars to meet her gaze. She could only wonder what her people felt like, seeing this void every day, all the while having no knowledge of what had happened.

"If I decide to go... how will I be able to do so ?" She asked.

Ivynian
User Image

He lifted a hand above his head, towels furling down but still kept above the level of water. Wade over to her or toss her one to catch before it got wet and useless? He lobbed the towel easily the distance between them.
" A servant of mine has gracious learned some of the maps brought by Tian Yue, Ankou, Penny and....Mio. He could open the Doors and lead you thence and back ever you had need. "

"Have any aoide returned to your service? They could be taught this capacity as well."

He walked to the pool's edge and ascended out, wrapping his waist with his own towel as though it were a kilt.

Zero Dream
The elven woman caught the towel easily, and made her way torward the pool's edge herself, draping it over her shoulder after drying herself.

A map ? What kind of map was he talking about ?

"Maps... ?" Illisia was the one to ask the question out loud. A map that somehow dispicted the path in between worlds ?

"There has been one." She answered the question. "Lindita."

Ivynian
"Maps. The Doors of the gods still function for there are still two of the Makers' Aspects-Gaia and Myself. Gaia being the more critical in the venture. She is The world tree, its branches her arms and its veins her own. The roots are her toes, the bark her flawless skin. She is the ground of all worlds, her branches stretched out and splayed at once in cradling gentleness and loving enthusiasm. So it was once. But the tree of her remains, though she has not wholly become one with herself again. "

"The doors enter into the paths of the tree for now, and knowing the correct ways will lead one to the door of that world."

Zero Dream
One could practically see the gears shift in Illisia's brain, and she gave Creation a rather clueless glance. So there were those magical doors that connected to a world tree that literally span across everything, that was a goddess and yet kind of wasn't at the same time... At least that what was she managed to gather. Thank goddess she was fairly decent in common, or else she'd be even more confused.

But world trees don't do that !

This one does, my dear. Xun was only slightly less lost, if only because the words conjured no memory, no past knowledge. But he understood the concept for what it was. We should send Lindita. It could prove to be rather useful in the future. She would be eager to learn, knowing her. The dragon let out a chuckle.

"I can send her, then. When should I ?" The demoness couldn't possibly do worse than her at understanding all that.

Ivynian
"Whenever best for you, that you would not require her service. Xedre knows the paths best, and is capable of braving most dangers. Paths in the dark are no trouble to him. "

Zero Dream
Dark places were never a problem for her, either. But dangers... It would be good to remain on her toes, should she travel this way.

When the elf found herself dry to her liking, she gathered her clothes where she had dropped them, the soft sounds of leather and cloth cutting though the silence as she got dressed once more. It was a good thing that no one else had came by... Especially one of the humans.

"Im sure she'll be more than happy to learn." Would she be a good student... Well, Illisia didn't know the demoness that much yet. Part of it was, in fact, her own fault.

She sat in the grass then, not minding that her braid was currently soaking her skirt. She couldn't help but wonder just how things were, back... home. From His words, at least, there had to be something that remained.

Ivynian
"If she is not, it is by your command regardless....to be sent to learn and so she must. At the least they can entertain each other a while with venom and vigor. Creatures of the black rarely work together towards any goal without some sort of disagreements. " His wings extended from his back, then forward beat a few great, chiming gusts to dry them both. A summer wind after a storm, clean and filled with the laughter of furin.

Zero Dream
"I figure so..." Still, being in a position of ordering someone around was not something she was all that comfortable with. She'd much rather the aoidei go because she wanted to.

She closed her eyes at the wind, enjoying it. She hadn't felt something like this in what had felt like forever. Especially not something this clean. For a moment, she was back home, going though the lush forests of Ashenvale.... before she opened her eyes again, and was back in the here and now of the garden.

"Thank you." She blurted out, then shook her head. "For everything, really."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:17 pm
A Journey Begins ?

Illisia returned from her meeting with Creation with many things going though her head – some that made sense, some that made less sense and only confused her further, but all of them rung true. She just had to take a little while to untangle the whole mess that had formed into her mind.

She slid inside her room silently, careful of any sound she was making in the hallway in fear of awaking someone. For the inside, she felt a little less worried – she had never heard anything that was going on in the other rooms, and she figured that there had to be... something that blocked the sound out.

It was easy, with only a glance, to see that Laurence wasn't home – also equally easy to see that Lindita was here, tending to the saplings. ”Welcome back, my Lady.” Illisia sighed inwardly – she'd long since given up in getting the aoide to call her anything else – preferably her actual name.

”Thank you.” Exposure made it easier, at least. ”Are you busy lately ?”

”Certainly not busy enough to do something for you, should you wish it.” Was that... eagerness in the aoide's voice. ”Is there anything I can help with ?”

”I met Lord Harmodius.” She started, and Lindita's eyes went wide. ”I was given an offer, and... I intend to make use of it in the future. Could you present yourself to him, sometime tommorow ? He said somethings about Doors, whatever that means...” Door that would lead her home. Back home. It was so much to think about, all at once.

”It would be my honors, my lady.” The awe was plainly seen in the aoide's voice, and it seemed to be such a big deal for her – Illisia couldn't help but smile. ”I will, first thing it the morning ! And then the demoness wandered off in an attempt to distract her eagerness in plant care. Lindita... was certainly like no demons she'd met. Thankfully. Being servants of gods probably whipped some morals into them.

Illisia was ultimately content to let the aoide be, sitting down near the lake, and listening to the waterfall.

He is right, you know. Xun finally adventured to say. Right on what, the dragon didn't elaborate, for he knew she would understand. It had... hurt him, in a way that he couldn't really explain, to see her so fearful and nervous in front of his brothers. They were the most important thing for him, and he wanted his host to be able to feel the same thing so badly, so desperately.

It did make sense... Her hand went to trail trough the cool water, but her mind was clearly elsewhere. Creation had spoken of unity, of love and devotion. To see the bright side of things, and just... not worrying anymore. She was Ti Lung, in a way, until the day where her body would become his own. Until that day... She would be loved, cared for, protected. By his brothers. In a way, her brothers.

I can't promise anything. She couldn't, really. Too much of a realist for that. But I will try. I will do my best.

And that is all I can ask of you, my dear. His voice was soothing, and ultimately content, and he fell silent once more.

The night elf was silent as well, silent for a long time where she did nothing but stare at the water, and think about all that had just happened, about how to best go though this journey. It was only a few hours later that she finally fell asleep.  

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:19 pm
Dragon Tarot

Meepfur
When Alice had found the forest - a forest, alive and well and thriving - she hadn't been able to resist entering, exploring. She didn't care if she got lost; she already was lost. She'd been lost for weeks, months, a year for all she knew. She'd lost track of time utterly, while the world had teetered on the edge of Ending, though she did not know that that was what it had been. She didn't know anything, not anymore. Perhaps if she'd sought the company of others, she'd have had a better idea, or heard the whispers that circulated.

But she hadn't, and so she didn't. The only thing she was interested in was finding her way home. Nothing else mattered. She needed to be in the Castle, where she belonged. She could only imagine what had happened there in her absence. The sooner she got back, the better.

...except she'd lost her way home. The card that had once enabled her to travel back and forth between the Castle and the 'real' world was long gone, and her chances of finding it were, well...none.

The blindfolded woman combed a hand through her long hair and sank to the ground beside a stream that ran through the trees. She was tired. Always tired, anymore.

Zero Dream
The forest was indeed alive. There were clear signs of struggle, in the broken stumps and hollow remnants of what had once been alive, there and there, of rough times that were now over with, at least for the time being.

And among it all, there was a woman. She might as well have been some kind of forest sprite, for all that Alice knew - pale purple skin, deep purple hair in a braid and eyes the color of the moon, humming to herself in some strange language as she went from tree to tree, flower to flower.

Perhaps even more particular was the gem she bore, sank into her flesh, silver dragon curled around the width of her arm, It did not look like it brought her any pain as she moved, yet unaware of the woman's presence.

Meepfur
It was hard to miss that she was not alone, when the elf appeared. After everything that had happened, all the danger, she was more aware than ever. Her right hand went to the hilt of her sword, which she'd left to rest on the ground beside her, though she did nothing...aggressive. She was merely being careful. The purple-skinned woman didn't look dangerous, but that meant nothing.

Still, Alice remained poised and calm, and didn't move to stand as she regarded the stranger from beneath the black cloth of her blindfold.

"Hello..." she offered quietly, cautious.

Zero Dream
Hello... ?

It was only when she was spoken to that Illisia seemed to have noticed the other woman. A blindfold, it was the first thing that really stood out to her. A little like the night elven demon hunters, though she doubted the woman's eyes were carved out under the piece of cloth.

It was an odd thing to think about now, so Illisia simply chased the thought away. It couldn't be. There had never been an human demon hunter, not in the way she thought of it, and there would likely never be.

"Hello." She answered, eying the sword carefully. She had no plan of being on the receiving end of it, but the stranger seemed a little twitchy. Illisia couldn't really blame her. The elf held no visible weaponry for herself, but Alice was right in thinking that ultimately, it meant nothing. She could have shifted in a flash and became much more dangerous than a sword or dagger... or, at least, she could have, before. Even coaxing the plants to thrive had started to take more of her focus to accomplish, where it had before been second nature.

"I did not mean to bother you. I am simply taking care of these lands for a friend, while I still can. Are you..." hurt, she wanted to ask, but she didn't look in pain. "...well ?"

Meepfur
Fortunately, all of Alice was intact - no carved-out eyes, no injuries at all. She was a little on the thin side, but who wasn't? And there were dark circles under her eyes, but those were hidden by the blindfold. Overall, she looked in rather good health...well, except for the blindfold, but appearances could be deceiving. She saw just fine! And practically forgot that she was wearing it and it was strange, after so long.

Relaxing somewhat, she smoothed her skirt, which had long since turned a dingy gray rather than white. Her clothing had obviously seen better days, from color to holes, but that was what happened when you only had one set of clothes to wear over and over.

"I'm fine," she answered. "You surprised me, that's all."

Zero Dream
"Im sorry. I didn't mean to." It seemed to bear repeating. The woman did look like she had seen better days, from her clothing alone. It did make Illisia's maternal instincts flare up a bit. "You are safe here, through. I do not think many other stray this far into the forest alone. If you are hungry or thristy, there are berry bushes and a steam nearby."

Illisia seemed to catch herself on her fussing. "Ah, sorry. My name is Illisia. I hope im not offending you... I am simply used to take care of others." Weither they needed it or not. "Are you from this world ?"

Illisia clearly wasn't.

Meepfur
"Don't worry about it." It was...odd, to be speaking with someone after so long. She had purposely avoided contact as much as possible, given all the violence. It had simply been safer to stay away from others whenever she could.

"I'm J-" she caught herself, stopped, and started over. "I'm Alice."

This was not the Castle. Outside of it, Justice was an absolutely ridiculous name. Title. Whatever it was.

"No, I'm not." It hadn't taken her long to realize it, after she'd wound up here, and not much longer to accept it. She'd gotten very good at...taking strange things in stride.

Zero Dream
One long eyebrow did rise in something akin to doubt at her backpedaling, but then it made sense. Maybe her name, that J, was just too unusual for this place. She'd been lucky her own name translated somewhat decently in common english, but speaking of it in this tongue made it lack much of it's suitabilities.

Another like her sent to investigate all that went wrong, or...

Another like her, in the other sense ?

"Ah, I see... Neither am I." The elven woman admitted. "Have you been wandering long ? I know of a safe place, if you wish for me to take you there." She couldn't force Alice to follow her, of course not, but she dearly hoped she would. Poor dear looked like she needed a bath, if nothing else.

Meepfur
Alice certainly noticed the lifted eyebrow, as it was especially hard to miss when they were so long. If Illisia had inquired about her self-correction, she'd have answered, but as it was, she left it alone. Which was just as well, since it would likely have led to other...complicated explanation.

"I'm not sure, to be honest." Keeping track of time, well...it hadn't been a priority, or even very possible.

She considered the offer that followed carefully, then acquiesced with a nod. "Sure."

The woman stood, collecting sword and sword-harness and donning them.

Zero Dream
Alice certainly knew how to handle and take care of her sword, to be able to tie on her harness blind-folded. It did make her wonder what exactly she had done for a living. She still missed it, some days, the familiar weight of a sword at her side and a shield at her back, but those times were long gone. She was no longer a sentinel, but a druid, and she'd never looked back. Illisia wasn't about to start.

"It is quite a fair bit away from here, down south. You tell me if im going too fast, allright ?" That Alice could very well see hadn't even crossed her mind. It wasn't a logical thing to think about, at any rate. "I am used to wander forested areas, so I do tend to outpace most without realizing it."

Illisia did finish her task, finally managing to coax one flower into opening up slightly before giving up, shaking her head and looking a tad melancholic. How long now until...

No.

She wouldn't be useless.

Not ever, not like this. She was a host. She would bring back to life a dragon, of all things.

But how long until she would not be able to call upon her own skills anymore, no matter how hard she'd tried ? Glyph would forgive her for it, she knew, but... it still nagged.

Meepfur
Alice, for her part, was a little surprised her apparent blindness hadn't come up yet. It wasn't usually long before someone offered her a hand, or warned her about obstacles that might be in her way. 'Tell me if I'm going too fast' was vague, and could have been a reference to her sight or not.

She tilted her head slightly, observing the elf in her task. Had that flower...opened? Hmm.

"I think I can keep up," she said with a faint smile, adjusting the harness to ensure her sword was settled well on her back. After all the walking she'd done, what was a little more?

Zero Dream
Illisia hadn't been raised to consider blind people helpless, for the most part. Many a great druid had been blind, to say nothing of the demon hunters themselves, not that anyone understood what went though ­their head. She'd never understood why someone would choose to willingly taint themselves so.

Illisia did keep a close eye on her companion, however, as she started to walk. At the first sign of struggle, she would be there before the woman could injure herself, Hopefully. She wasn't quite sure she could heal her.

"Ill be bringing you to a place called the Pantheon." Illisia made an attempt at explanation, not really knowing how well that would fly. It wasn't like she could prove the existence of gods like Glyph had for her. "There's food and shelter there, and you'll be safe. You can stay with me awhile, if you want."

She did look completely serious, not like the expression of someone who was lying in any way and thought no one could see them. "How was your world like ?"

Meepfur
"Pantheon?" It was Alice's turn to quirk a brow. That was kind of a weird name for a place - maybe it was some old temple? It was all she could really think of.

As for how she walked, well, she did so perfectly normally, even hopping over a tree root. "It was..." The guard laughed a little. "Complicated. I'm from a perfectly normal, human world, but I...ended up in another, I guess is the way to put it. It was connected, but not the same."

Zero Dream
"Hm-n." Illisia decided to wait for the questions when, and if, they came. Seemed better that way. She did look a little dumbfounded when Alice jamp over the obstacle she'd forgotten to point out, proving that her apparent blindness hadn't gone unnoticed.

"A pocket dimention ?" That was rather interesting, she had to admit. Illisia stooped just long enough to pull one branch out of their way, careful not to break it. "You'll have to pardon my prying but... How do you perceive your surroundings ?" She had never seen anything like that before. Even the blind needed some base aid when it came to uneven terrain, and Alice seemed to notice none of it.

Meepfur
Alice grinned, and though Illisia couldn't see it, her eyes lit up. "Yes! That's it, exactly."

"Oh, that." The dark-haired woman chuckled; though it had taken longer than usual, that question always came up in one form or another. "Perfectly normally, actually. I've never really been sure how it works, but...I see just fine. One of the...complicated things about that pocket dimension."

She left out that she couldn't see without the blindfold. It was a vulnerability she didn't readily reveal to strangers.

Zero Dream
"I can't say I ever experienced it myself." She shrugged. "But I've heard of it happening. Some natural, some magically-created. I wouldn't say it's a common occurrence from where im from, but it is known about." The arcane was not an unknown force in Azeroth, after all.

"Magically-enchanted then ?" She'd never heard of an enchantment that let one see though cloth, but she wouldn't put it over these crazy mages to think up something like that. It was rather obvious that Alice did see just fine. Which explained how she didn't stab herself with that sword of hers. "I haven't heard of anything like that before."

There was a strategic advantage to that she could see - most would probably under-estimate someone they thought blind.

Meepfur
"It was...well, like I said, complicated. We never did figure out exactly what was behind it. It was always just more questions." One thing she didn't miss about the Castle...except she'd pretty much gone from the frying pan and into the fire. It was just a castle, while this was a whole damn world.

"I'm not sure. Maybe. It uh...came with my title." It was indeed an advantage, though, that and no one could tell exactly where she was looking. "Explanations didn't."

Zero Dream
"Your title ?" Illisia ducked under a large branch - the smaller Alice probably would have no problem slipping under it. Sometimes her height was a disadvantage, and she could swear the trees here started sprouting branches lower than they had back home. She'd gathered that her companion was likely some kind of warrior. It was clearly visible in the way she stood, in the way she walked. She'd stood and walked just like that, not so long ago.

It did sound a little confusing. "Things are less confusing where im from." She gave a light chuckle. "Or maybe they're not confusing because I am used to them ? This place was confusing to me at first. In a way it still is."

Meepfur
"Justice," she provided wryly, revealing what she'd corrected herself away from earlier as she followed the taller woman. She did indeed have lower clearance. Warrior she might be, but she was a little on the short side.

"Yeah, I know what you mean." She, too, chuckled. "At least this time I'm used to being confused."

Zero Dream
Ah, well. That explained it. That was indeed a bit of a odd name to bear in a place like this, from what she had seen.

"Then you have an advantage over me." She chuckled. "I used to be a sentinel, you know." It was her turn to divulges bits and pieces now, as she hopped over a rock. "A protector, warrior of sort. But it's been a long time since I wielded a blade. I wonder..." She paused, then chuckled, shaking her head. "Ah, no. I think you'd make short work of me if we were to train together. Not that I have a sword with me. It has been a long time."

It did make her consider the idea in greater detail. It might be worth trying again, seeing if she remembered. If her body remembered how to move. Xun might find it useful in the future.

I would rather not have to fight. He interjected her train of thought, proving that he'd been keeping attention. It was getting harder for him not to hear her thinking, even if he hadn't especially wanted to listen. He was a bringer of life... not death.

Well. The elf nearly walked into a low branch, distracted by the mental conversation. Sometimes you don't have a choice.

Only if I must.

Hm-n. Still, she might very well do that.

Meepfur
"I'm not sure about that. To be honest, I hadn't done much real fighting until I ended up here." Unless past lives counted, but that was...well, complicated. Again.

Alice found herself wondering what a 'long time' was, how old Illisia was. She looked like an elf - not that she'd, uh, ever seen one before - and elves were long-lived, right? Then again, she looked pretty human, but had ceased to age upon becoming Justice.

"I'd offer you one, but this is all I have with me." And while her clothes had seen much better days, her sword and its leather harness she'd continued to care for meticulously. "Too bad I didn't know I'd end up stuck on some other world," she said with a shake of her head. "I'd've come better prepared."

Zero Dream
One ear did perk up slightly in surprise. Thrown in something like this, alone, with little experience... Oh, the poor dear ! Well, it wasn't like she had druidish oaths to withhold. Or sworn to never wield a blade again.

"I can see you've been taking great care of your blade. That is the first step." A protector, a fighter is nothing without it's weapon. You are the blade, and the blade is you. She had been told that so long ago, when she had been merely 300 years old - but it had been burnt in her memory forever with how much it had been repeated to her. "I could try to give you tips and pointers, if you want me to... But then again, it has been a long time. I an likely to make a fool of myself." She smiled.

"We would all have come better prepared had we known what we were about to face, I think." She certainly would have, anyway.

Meepfur
"I'd had several years of training at least, fortunately." And perhaps one 'real' fight - the basilisk and the Priestess-as-panther didn't count, to her mind. She'd never drawn her weapon on the former, and the latter had been a...mistake, one she preferred not to think about. "I sure wouldn't mind any advice, though. It can't hurt."

"Yeah, true. So where're you from?"

Zero Dream
Well, at least there was that. She couldn't imagine Alice having been thrown in all this without at least some experience - it was doubtful she would have survived, then. Things had gotten rather... violent. "We'll see."

"I come from a place called Azeroth." She ducked under another branch easily, now less distracted since the dragon was silent once more. "It's... very different from here, but at the same time it's a little similar. There are many races, some not initially from this world." Draenei, for instance, or even those damned orcs... "I am an night elf, for example."

Meepfur
A night elf, hmm? Well, she'd been right about Illisia being an elf, then. That she was a night elf, specifically, implied that there were more kinds of elves on 'Azeroth.' Presumably. "As opposed to a...day elf?"

Zero Dream
She did chuckle a bit at that - well, it was the logical comparison, and to be honest now that she'd heard it, the druid was surprised she hadn't heard of it yet. "Of a kind, yes, as they worship the sun where we worship the moon. They used to be called high elves, but re-named their race as blood elves after so many of them had been killed." She did manage to keep her root dislike of the other side of the coin, so to speak, in check - even if her voice was a little more tense than before.

Alice was probably more interested in valid information than her own opinion. "The last few years have been harsh... everywhere, I think. Azeroth wasn't spared much of it."

Meepfur
"I see." 'Blood elf' was a very...forboding sort of name. Then again, one could argue that night elf was rather dark-seeming, as well.

"Everywhere, huh? I was...pretty isolated, so it was hard to tell." Strange and dangerous things had become rather normal to her, after awhile at the Castle, although it did have quiet periods. "I figured it was just us until I ended up here. I don't suppose you have any idea what it was?"

Zero Dream
"I have seen much of it first hand. Felt much of it." Illisia admitted. "It is actually a little hard to describe... A little like waves. The first one drove many insane, if it didn't kill them outright. The others after that... They carried such a force. It was impossible to really resist it, not completely. Things like apathy, lust and war. You probably have felt something similar."

It was kind of hard to explain, really. Especially since she couldn't claim to understand everything herself. She did her best, if only for Xun's benefit, but it was still a little alien. Especially with trying to explain it to Alice without confusing her further. "It was caused by the worlds kind of.... unraveling, I figure. The gods did manage to stop it, and now... we're rebuilding. There are gods here. You'll know when you'll see them." It was hard to ignore, and even harder to disprove. Still, Illisia said nothing about bearing one of said gods. So many considered her differently because of that, and Alice's reactions to her were refreshing after having to deal with Lindita. She wasn't Xun, and she didn't really like to be treated in any way different... beside maybe when the other dragons were involved. They did kind of feel like her own brothers in a way, but perhaps that was Ti Lung's psyche imprinting on her. Given the decasing of her abilities... it wouldn't surprise her.

Oddly enough, she was fine with it.

"That's where I am taking you, to their pantheon. It's the safest place, really, and those I've met are benevolent. Maybe one of them will know how to get you back home, if you want to go back there."

Meepfur
Alice had never thought about it as waves. As stages. It had never clicked. s**t had just gone to hell, and that was all she knew. But she certainly remembered the feelings Illisia mentioned, feelings that hadn't quite felt like hers. Particularly the lust, but...yeah, no point in dwelling on that at the moment.

Especially given what her new acquaintance said next. Her step faltered a bit, and she raised an incredulous eyebrow. "Gods?"

Reincarnation, pocket dimensions, other worlds...she'd accepted these things, but gods? Seriously? That was going just a little far.

Zero Dream
"I know it sounds crazy." Illisia, on her part, didn't even lose a beat, figuring Alice would be able to catch up with her easily. She had been skeptical, when she had first seen Glyph, but it was hard to deny it for long in his presence. There was nothing she could really relate the energy coming from them as. "I was a little skeptical myself, I admit."

But it was hard to deny, especially when there was one in her head. But given Alice's reaction, Ilisia felt even more warranted to keep silent on that. For now, at least.

Meepfur
Alice wasn't about to mock anyone for believing in a god or gods, for having faith. While not...actively religious herself, she was quite open to such things, but was happy to settle with something being out there and leave it at that. She didn't concern herself with the what or the who or the why: whatever was just was, and that was fine.

...but the idea of gods, who people generally thought of as being 'above' somewhere, or maybe 'in' things or everywhere at once, just hanging around on earth with everyone else was definitely a new one - to her, anyway. Coming down to visit or whatever was one thing, but this sounded like something more than that.

"It's not crazy," she said after a puzzled few moments, "Just..." The guard gave it up there, unable to find the word she wanted.

"I mean, how do you know? If you were skeptical before, what changed your mind?"

Zero Dream
"I've met one. Well, I've met many." The night elf was perfectly serious. "They... feel different, than every one else. In a way I've never ever felt before." She didn't know if Alice would even be able to feel it in the way that she was describing it. "They feel... larger than life. Like the force of the universe still around them, awaiting order from their master." She remembered how it had been like when she had first seen Harmodius. There had been no way he could have been anything but a god.

"They're just..." It was her turn to be at loss with words. "It's a little hard to explain, im sorry. They just don't feel like other people do, I guess ? Like the energy is different."

Meepfur
She wanted to give Illisia the benefit of the doubt - really, she did! The night elf was kind, friendly, and clearly not lying (something Alice was quite good at determining), but that didn't mean she wasn't being misled. Not that she meant to imply that Illisia was gullible, but...well, people fell for cults and things all the time. And not that it might not all be true, but reason dictated that the chances of that were very, very slim.

In the meantime, she'd do her best to withold judgement. If it did turn out to be some kind of cult...well, she'd just move on that much more quickly. Although that would be irresponsible, so...

Alright, she'd just think about it when she needed to think about it. It was less of a headache that way.

For now, she asked, "So there are a lot of them?"

Alice didn't want to go totally quiet and have Illisia think her rude, so more questions it was.

Zero Dream
Illisia had noticed the sudden silence of her companion, but she said nothing about it. She wouldn't force her to simply believe her words - she'd see for herself, and be able to judge accordingly.

"I think..." She went silent, with the look of someone who was mentally counting. There were the other dragons, Harmodius, Glyph, Rio... "Ten or so, maybe ? It's a little hard to keep track. There's more of then around that I've seen, but not quite talked to."

Meepfur
"Ten?" Alice considered this, trying to decide if that seemed a reasonable - hah, really? - number. When cultures had multiple gods, they were usually gods of things, so...what was a lot and what was a little? More importantly, why was she bothering to think about it?

But conversation was conversation, so she might as well keep on. "Are they, like, gods of things or something? Like, umm...the sun?"

You know, like Apollo or Ra. Or something.

Zero Dream
"Most of them are, yes." Illisia was quite certain that Alice held some skepticism - it was a little easy to see, and really, it was most likely how she'd managed to be able to survive on her own for so long, so she could not blame her.

After all... She'd done much the same thing at the beginning.

Illisia kept on answering Alice's questions as they walked along for a few hours, and asked her own questions - nothing too prying, just conversation until they finally ended up at the pantheon. It was much more different than even the forest they came up from, more... alive, somehow.

"We're here." The elven woman finally said, walking over to sit onto a rock to rest her bare feet. "There shouldn't be too many problems for you to find somewhere safe now. There are a few settlements close by."

Meepfur
As they came upon the Pantheon, Alice stopped in her tracks and stared. What else could she do? It was beautiful, alive, unlike anything she'd seen - not just since everything had gone crazy, but ever. Something about it was undeniably different.

"...oh." Her hidden eyes were wide. "This is amazing."

Zero Dream
"Isn't it ?" Illisia smiled, turning back to look at Alice. It did remain just as beautiful after she had spent so long living in this place, going through these fantastic gardens every day.

"I am sure you'll be able to find somewhere comfortable until you can find a way to get home, at least ?" The elven woman continued. "You might want to ask around, too... Maybe some sort of mage can help you ? I wish I could do more, but.." It was simply not in her power.

Meepfur
Despite her tired feet, and even her suspicions, Alice found herself wanting to explore this strange new place. Still, as it usually did, her common sense overruled her curiosity. She needed to rest, and then she'd have a look around. Carefully.

"You think so?" It had never really occurred to her that someone might be able to get her back to the Castle; she had, after all, spent most of her time trying to avoid people in recent memory. "I'll...have to look into that."

If she did get back, what would it even be like? Was anything - or anyone - left? It was difficult to think about, and she pushed the thoughts away.

Zero Dream
"I can't promise anything on that." Illisia admitted.

Lord Harmodius would certainly know. The dragon interjected, his voice soft yet excited. Any reason to see his Lord was a good one, after all.

Probably, but... Alice had been rather skeptical - was it a good idea ? But then, what else could truly prove how things were ?

Still, the black-haired woman seemed tired - better not to start another debate and allow her to get some rest.

"If you need anything else." Illisia offered, pointing at the larger building in the distance. "I live in here, though I tend to wander the garden and the nearby forests most of the time." She would have offered to house her, as well, but there was still Laurence to think about, even if he didn't drop by all that often.

Meepfur
Alice nodded her understanding. It seemed impolite, on some level, to go wandering away now, but...every meeting came to its end eventually, and this seemed to be it. They'd been through quite a few topics of conversation on the way here, and she knew all she felt she needed to - or at least, that the night elf could tell her. There was quite a difference.

But, for now, it was time she took her leave and left her new acquaintance in peace. "Thank you, Illisia."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:20 pm
A Reunion Of Scale, Fang And Claw  

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:22 pm
Post dragon rp solo  
[ Journals ]... // Player Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff