Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Wandering Esper
Vice Captain

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:29 pm
A Long Time, Indeed

Mintaka
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Kheviel had seen firsthand the hell that had been done upon the world in the coming of the end. He ahd seen the one responsible for it's start, but knew not the fate of it. He only knew things seemed to be 'right' again but... things being right could easily also be an illusion, which weighed on him and his companion - the dragon king hosted within him - as he made way closer to where he last remembered the gathering of the gods being, and he had an inkling he was right.

There was, however, no grand building, but there was also no shield surrounding the place, either. That was relieving, since that had been his last memory. The place now looked... so much better. More friendly, and wide open. Surely, it probably also helped he was elven in heritage and liked more natural looking things (despite his rather social and city-bound life he seemed to have), but this seemed a far better reflection of life then, well... what he remembered. Hopefully it really was a sign of things to come.

Except now he had no damned clue where to go, to find anyone or anything. Well, at least this seemed to be a start. Except finding someone... well... he could at least hang around til he spotted someone.

The dragon seemed to find some dislike in the notion of just loitering, impatience once more showing it's face. We could try to find my Lord, you know, she said as tactful as possible.

Yes, well, I also don't feel like getting lost here, exactly, I've never seen this place like this, if you'll recall. Aside, someone might know more about where he is, too. He scratched idly at his neck a moment, and realized too, he'd once again overlooked something in his distraction and confusion. He'd forgotten to grab anything from the house again. I think I'll be thankful people didn't bother us... I'm feeling terribly irresponsible.

You are? I should have been there for all this and was not, even if it is not my choice or fault... The dragon fell silent and wondered what had come of the other Kings then. It had been awhile since seeing any of them at all, really, and she'd only really encountered one, and it hadn't been the best meeting... she let that thought go, and instead took in the surroundings as well.

Zero Dream
There were alot of things on Illisia's mind right at this moment. Definitively a whole lot to think about, and some more unease to squash. She should have known that as Xun grew in strength, her own abilities were to likely diminish in return, but it had caught her by surprise, and in a way it bothered her. She could still shapeshift, though it took a long time and a lot of focus - almost as if her body was trying to become something completely foreign instead of what she tried to be.

Illisia was distracted, deep in thought, and walking at the same time. This kind of thing never quite ended well. Kheviel would find someone, indeed - when the druid basically smacked right into him.

"Oof !" Well, that sure worked in getting her back to the real world, as she stumbled a few steps backward in reflex. "Oh, I am so sorry ! Are you alright ?!"

Mintaka
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Distracted by the dragon's musings and want to look around at these new surroundings he'd lost himself a bit too long, and heard the noise at the last second - at least enough to not faceplant himself into the ground (again). Once a day was more then enough for him, and he managed to take it with some grace, and turn to see who, or what, had crashed into him.

It was, well, unexpected somewhat. He'd not seen an elf quite like her - close, maybe, but certainly not exactly like her, her skin tone was like the twilight almost coming, nothing akin to the drows he'd seen from home or some of his friends now, either. He chuckled slightly, adjusting his hat a moment to make sure it didn't sit oddly from the jolt and bowed slightly. "Oh, quite fine," he said pleasantly. She didn't seem to do it intentionally, and seemed sincerely apologetic about it, and it wouldn't have been the first collision either - Calico had seen to that already some time ago. Except he was certain this wasn't the errant goddess. This was someone new, that was certain.

"I probably should have been paying more attention but, well..." He trailed a moment, gesturing outwards at the area in general. "Honestly, I... don't remember this... being like this." His tone was still reflecting that confusion, and sense of loss of time. He sighed, annoyed a moment at getting caught up in it again. He was here for a reason. "I came here because I've obviously missed something - the last thing I knew happening was the seeming end of the world itself." He blinked his amber eyes a moment and frowned. "Apparently someone really disliked me and sprung a statis-style trap or something on me, pretty powerful... I-" He hesitated, still feeling awkward. He really wasn't one to be completely out of the loop at all about things, and this was really throwing him off - and it was showing. "Well, honestly, I don't know how long that spell held me other then I've obviously missed something because the world is still going."

Xuan snorted, although whether it was distaste or amusement was uncertain, perhaps it was some of both. Her host was certainly out of his element, and it was obvious even to her. Well, that was well spoken, she observed coolly.

Oh, don't make fun of me, it's not nice. You deal with this if you think you can do better. Despite the words, it wasn't an open invitation however, more of a typical sarcastic reply.

Much better. I like you more when you're yourself, even if I don't always agree with it. It's unsettling when you're breaking your routine. She observed the other carefully, looking for signs of anything that'd identify her as aligned to any god as a servant, or even as a host possibly. Anyone here in the grounds certainly had a reason, but why was this one here? Curiosity kept the dragon at bay from more retort.

Zero Dream
Well, at least she hadn't toppled him over. It was often how such things went, at least with races other than their own - she tended to be at least a good head taller than most males of other species. This one wasn't human, through, unlike most she had met. He looked elven, but neither blood or night. High elf... no, not even that. Some other kind of elf she did not know was probably the most likely outcome.

"I am so, so sorry." She said again, though there was some relief on her face that neither of them had wound up hurt.

Illisia... There was something about this man, something all too familiar.

Unfortunately for Xun, Illisia was not quite listening to him. Her attention was on Kheviel, long brows furrowing a bit. "It's always been like this, to me... But I havn't really been here long." He looked so lost, and she clearly intended to do something about it. "Gehenna was stopped, I've been told. Im not... completely sure as to what really went on, to be honest. I've gotten a vague explaination, but.... The druid shifted from foot to foot, feeling a little useless. "This is the pantheon, through. I've gotten pretty familiar with the surroundings if you're looking for something specific."

Xuan's careful observation would be rewarded quickly - the blue and silver gem was quite visible, on Illisia's upper arm. "My name is Illisia. Ill... try to answer your questions, but... like I said, I only arrived here recently. A few months ago. Things were okay back then, but all sort of things happened before that."

Mintaka
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Well, at least someone knew the way around here, which would help immensely, and ... well, seeing anyone right now was more comforting then not, and more easing to him. It was then that he noticed it, in a glimmer of light off silver.

And the familiarity hit, the shape, the feel. This was no ordinary person at all. This person bore one of the Dragons. Her excitement and attention became more then obvious to her host. She, she is a host for one of the Kings! she said with a certain amount of joy that even Kheviel wasn't used to. Her fellow Kings meant much to her, and to see them again meant quite a bit.

"It's fine," he said easily, trying to not let the giddy dragon throw his mind off. It was very different to have such an ecstatic companion like this, to say the least, and somewhat distracting. Still, he knew too well how a familiar face could be such a relief. "I've had plenty of ... practice. I spent time with someone who often ran into me on accident." He smirked slightly at the memories, and wondered what the goddess was up to.

"Kheviel, Kheviel Nightfeather," he said tipping his hat. "What I last remember was an attack on Harmodius by a.... thing-"

Must you call it a thing? Xuan quipped

"-and ... well, bad things happening as a result. Lots of pain, chaos, and that b***h escaping." He frowned slightly. "And me using most of my weapons in the process." A wry smile replaced it. "I went back to my residence to arm myself... and ended up trapped. So, I have no clue about anything from the point of the initial shock of the End's beginning until, well.. not that long ago." If she came post aversion of the end, and it'd been a few months... ouch. That was a bit of time at least, considering he wasn't sure when things were stopped. Calico would know more likely, if he could find her. That would be a trick. Well, or anyone else who was there, Gaia, or whoever. Ones he'd known before. His friends could fill the time gaps maybe, but actual details, including the sky... that he'd have to ask someone else for. But a guide was helpful, and also someone who could share the experience of having a voice on one's head.

Xuan prodded him a bit, now slightly annoyed at being left out of this completely. It might be prudent to mention me, you know. I'm sure she knows about her gem and all.

Kheviel looked skyward a moment, and then back at her. "Oh, fine," he said with some exasperated flair. "I'm going to get no mental rest if I don't also mention that Xuan Yi, the Black Dragon, also has residence within my mind as well, and wants to be known." He grinned then, a total crazy roguish grin and knew he'd gotten her back from her mental prod again for the smart attitude, but she still was bemused. She was getting at least used to them and taking them in stride. "Sorry, she just, well, noticed the gem on your arm. That and we're both a bit on edge by missing, well, everything. Duty and all."

Zero Dream
An attack on Lord Harmodius ? Yes, she remembered being told that much by Tian Yue.

"I know about that." She nodded. "And the sky..." She gestured at the emptiness above their head. "Is gone because Universe died. My people worship the stars... I cannot begin to imagine how things are back home." She chewed on her lip. There was a bit of guilt of being here instead of back on Azeroth, but... once Xun had returned, he would be able to help out much better than she would. That was her hope, at the very least.

One long eyebrow rose slightly when it looked like Kheviel was talking to himself, but then... well, she should have seen it coming, really. Not that she'd really had arguments with Xun out loud.

Black dragon... Qian ! Oh, now overlooking Xun was completely impossible. Had he actually held a physical form, he might as well have been bouncing like a child in a candy store. One more... There was relief in his voice. One more accounted for, as it should be ! Maybe it meant Shen was alright, as well. Illisia had told him to be positive, after all, and he rather prefered to focus on the good.

"You know, he was quiet..." She said, teasingly, with an exaggerated roll of her silver eyes, poking lightly at her gem. "Dragon magnet. That would be Xun Jiang, Ti Lung."

Mintaka
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.He smiled, genuinely. "Xuan's being insistent if only because of natural concern over things. Too serious sometimes, and ... well, I can't blame her one bit."

Hopefully the others are well, she almost purred. Xun Jiang, lord of the rivers. I am relieved to know he is around. Ask about if they know if any others are around still, or coming... you know what I mean. She was also pretty excited, if only because it was a very good sign of things if more of them were about. More support to their lord, more aid and power hopefully. Somehow she didn't think everything would remain perfect, not after the chaos that had happened. And she knew not of what truly happened, so she could not rest at east. Not yet.

Oh, hold onto your pants for five seconds, I want to catch up on stuff otherwise too, he shot back, albeit lightly.

"She's pretty excited about knowing another's around," he said. "Considering things though as we had known them, I can't seem to blame her much. I'd be pretty happy to have my friends and allies around too." He chuckled. "Things seem pretty calm right now though, but... well, mostly. I don't count them perfect for me, I have to figure out who nailed me and why. I'm not amused, and neither is she, really."

He rolled his shoulders slightly. "The lack of sky is... bothersome." He let his eyes go upward a moment, and sighed. "Died? That's..." Hearing it form another mouth kind of drove some things home, including grinding a knot in his stomach for reminding him he was running out of time, eventually, and that if even gods could still die.. but why? Before Xuan could bother to chime he spoke his mind. "Any idea how? I mean, I know vaguely that a lack of followers can do that but... if a whole people look to the sky and all, then that couldn't have been why. It's... troubling, to say the least."

There are things which can kill us still, even at our peak, the dragon acknowledged. Immortal as they all may seem, you know that even our Lord can be harmed gravely. Calico told you about the harm done to him once before... not fatal then, but look the road it led to eventually... albeit by the hand of another.. The dragon considered a moment, and then had a question. Gaia. Ask if she knows. I must know...

Yes... Kishara, she'd not been in the best of shapes then. "I... do have another question, too. One which bothers Xuan but... well, I admit some person want to know too. Kishara, Gaia ... I do not know if you know anything of her or met her, but... we want to know if she's alright. If you don't know it's fine, but... at least it's worth asking."

Zero Dream
"Oh, I understand. Xun is very worried about his sibilings too." The night elf answered with a smile, but it faded from her face quickly when more serious matters returned. "I... don't know. Tian Yue only told me that he died. I don't know how." She had not thought gods could die... but then, the gem in her arm was a proof of that.

"Gaia..." She pondered out loud. That was familiar, but... how, where ? Ah ! "I've heard about her. I've never seen her, though. And the person who told me about her hadn't, either." So she could not simply tell them to ask Glyph. Her ears drooped slightly. "Sorry... If I run across her, ill let you know ?"

Mintaka
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.He nodded, taking it in. "Well, then I suppose we know who I'll be seeking next then, or attempting too, anyway. I admit I'm only good at finding people with a good reason and have some time to figure them out." He smirked slightly at the comment, rather wryly.

"It's possible for them to die, if at least troubling to consider... but then you and I would not be what we are and doing what we are doing... if they hadn't before." He gave a slight shrug. "Once upon a time my view of the world was a much different thing, and... well, a lot's happened since. Not to say Xuan hasn't been a delightful blessing in some regards, and amusing."

Xuan snorted lightly. I am but amusement now?

Oh, pfff, you're being too serious! He shook his head. "As for Gaia, that's fine. It doesn't sound like she's dead, and that right now is good enough for me... maybe not Xuan though, but dead is bad no matter how you attempt to look at things." Well, that wasn't entirely true, not any more. After all, he would be dead of a sense eventually, but... probably not in a form as scary as he might have once considered. He remembered that conversation he'd had ages ago... and then put it aside.

"I wish I could say things are all fun here, but ... well, I can't. Not after the last thing I remembered." An idea struck his mind then. "So, then you've been here awhile, who all have you run into?" It was easier then asking about specifics at least, and might give him an idea who else he might be able to talk to or find.

Zero Dream
"Indeed. But still, the idea... goes against what I've been taught, so it's a little awkward. I still have much to learn about this place..." She shrugged.

Ah, that was a better topic at hand. A little less depressing. Illisia had a look around, then she perched on top of a nearby rock. It didn't look like she was going to go anywhere soon, after all, so she might as well get comfortable.

"I've met... Hm." Eyebrows waggled a bit in though. "Glyph... he's Forest. He's the one that led me here." It didn't sound like she resented him for it. On the contrary, her tone of voice betrayed that he was likely a close friend. "He is the one who told me about Gaia, if you want to look for him... Maybe he's seen her since we last saw each other ?" Illisia kind of doubted it, though. Glyph would probably have told her about it. "And Lord Harmodius." Xun always insisted on the lord part, and she quite agreed with that. Creation had been the most impressive thing she had ever seen in her long life. She was silent for a moment, one ear perking as if listening to something unseen, before clarifying. "He is Creation again. I've met Rio too, he's Love." And as charming as his daughter, really.

If I didn't know better, ill'd say you had fallen for his charms... Ti Lung teased a little. He rather enjoyed teasing Illisia.

Of course not ! ...What do you mean, if you didn't know better ??

Oh, nothing, my dear, nothing at all~ Now tell my sister what she likely wants to hear, hmm ? Either clueless about her own budding feelings, or she simply didn't allow herself to consider the option. He refrained from looking into her mind to figure it out.

"Hrmph." Illisia's ears flattened a bit. "Sorry, he's teasing me again." She added for her companion, not wanting to think he was the cause of her reaction. "I've met Tian Yue, that's Tien Lung... He's the one who told me about what happened, so if you can find him, he'll probably be able to answer you and Xuan better than me." She'd nearly said Xun there. Family reunions would likely be interesting. "And Yu. He's looking for everyone, actually. Zhijian, that's ahhhh..."

The Fangbridle The dragon helpfully chimed in.

"Yeah, Fangbridle, that's it." It was a good thing Xun had his family tree memorized, too, because she certainly hadn't. "Jin Huang, that's Fut Lung... Shuo, that's Mang. His host stays with me, actually." Was she forgetting anyone ? She'd heard of others, but not met them. That... sounded about right. "I think that's it."

Mintaka
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."It throws my perception off as well," he said after taking it all in. "That is, everything here. Not to say I knew too much, that was more the responsibility of someone else I knew... she's been dead some time now." He side, giving a slight stretch.

Meanwhile Xuan was taking ticks on the list - she'd met one of those so far, and hearing of so many others, including one easily able to be let know she was around. Yu was looking for them... that usually meant something. And of course, Lord Harmodius was Creation again... hopefully he could find balance soon though, before something again happened. She fretted a bit about that, penduluming around wasn't healthy for anyone. It sounded as most of them were, in fact, around. That was definitely good, and hopefully some in better strength then she. She made notes to track them down, and hopefully catch up more. Especially to find out what Yu wanted everyone for.

"A fair number... no one I immediately recognize too well, but then, to be fair, it's been a long road I've been on," he said, scratching the back of his head a moment. "I suppose I should eventually consider seeing-"

Xuan cut him off from saying what he was going to say. LOrd, she said sternly.

He coughed, contnuing, "Lord Harmodius as well. Least I can do. Xuan was chdiing me... she's so proper sometimes it hurts. She's usually on me about something or another, from my habits and speech to ... most things. We get along better now though but having my thoughts interrupted from within is awkward." He gave a slight shrug then, and decided the gorund looked somewhat comfortable and sat without much flourish.

"She wants to see Yu from what I gather, she's thinking a bit loudly, which is fine," he said, finding himself staring at the empty sky. It was creepier then the inside of a cave, to say the least. It was so... lifeless. Well, being without a god, it seemed it should be. "Glyph... forests... hmm, yeah, might make a trip of that if anything at least to get more people known. Xuan might remember stuff, but things change and all."

Was that an attempt to say something about me? she asked with a slight amusement. She was definitely contented with news of most of ehr siblings as was trying to figure out who after Yu would be a good idea, probably Tian, because he had been there ages ago and knew a lot of what happened likely. Well, unless she ran into him first, but then he could help with Yu finding maybe... so many decisions...

"Love... Calico knows him I think, actually. Trying to keep up with her is something else though... Insanity. Sounds like you haven't seen her.. wonder what's up with her..."

Zero Dream
Serious and proper... Well, that definitively wasn't quite like Xun, who tended to be cheerful and teasing... at least when nothing was bothering him. Many things had been bothering him ever since she had joined with him, but with Xuan here there was at least one thing off the list of things that made Ti Lung worry.

As much as she kind of wanted to punt him while he was poking fun at her, she would take that over having him virtually pacing a hole in her mind.

"Insanity ?" She quirked a brow. She hadn't thought there would be a deity of that. "No, I haven't heard about her at all. But then, I haven't been here long." She attempted to reassure him. "Im sure she's okay."

Mintaka
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.He could really go for the sun about now to lounge in with the sun and someone to talk to here. Man, this was as almost a big letdown as the end of the world. At least he felt less on edge now.

"Ohhh, she probably is, knowing her somehow," he said. "Her host and I knew each other fairly well, until it was finally time..." He gave a slight shrug. "I'll run into her eventually. I doubt she did anything completely stupid."

He thought a moment, reflecting on Xuan's thoughts. "Any idea where I might find any of them by chance? Yu or Tian particularly, but she's pretty keen on any of her siblings at this point. Also I presume Lord Harmodius is well?"

Zero Dream
"Hmmm." The night elf pondered some more. "I met Tian Yue not too far from here. He was taking a bath in a lake. Scared the s**t out of me. He's huge." Quite tall in humanoid form certainly - it was always a little of a startle when she ran into something taller than her in this world - but in dragon shape ? Huge was almost putting it lightly. "He probably lives in here somewhere... ? And I saw Yu in the gardens."

He most likely does not stray too far away from Lord Harmodius. Xun offered once more. It would deeply surprise him if he did.

"He probably doesn't wander too far from Lord Harmodius." She repeated. "He looked... fine, to me ? Not like someone who got terribly harmed. Grieving, in a sense, but not physically harmed."

Mintaka
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Kheviel blinked a few times, boggling a moment. Huge? I don't remember-

Xuan cut him off before he got himself confused - and possibly flustered - again. She probably saw him in dragon form - we do have one - which means he's definitely grown in power.... which means also I'm pretty sure that it's also been longer then I anticipated. Not to be of any reasonably large size to quantify as huge to someone so... well, tall. The dragon wasn't one to miss something, and she was right about the night elf being tall, so it couldn't have merely been just a 'normal form' of him.

He seemed to change expressions then from slight confusion to realization. "Xuan clarified - last time we had seen Tian, he was much like us, so... when you said huge it confused me." He chuckled a moment and shook his head. "I've definitely missed a lot."

As for our Lord... he should likely be grieving, considering he lost his son. Much as Lucius was wrong in what he did, he's still blood and flesh from Him. Xuan seemed a bit subdued, seeming to mull on the grieving a bit. So long as he wasn't completely consumed by it it would be fine. Hopefully there was not more to it.

"Well, if they're around here it means we're bound to run into them eventually. Aside," he said, shifting slightly, "it's probably better the dragons are here in this time of reconstruction. I, just... I don't know. I feel uneasy not knowing everything, considering what all started that to begin with... what happened to it? So on and so forth... aside, maybe Xuan's rubbing of on me now with her ways." He smirked slightly. "Now if I can get her to loosen up..."

Zero Dream
"Oh, yeah. Well." She seemed a bit flustered by her inaccuracy. "As a dragon, yes. Even when he's not a dragon he's still pretty tall." At least as much as she was, or taller. Her mind was a little fuzzy in the details, but the night elf remembered that fact standing out for her.

There was a low chuckle at the back of her mind. This seems like her indeed, but... So much have changed, and so much has been forgotten. I will need to get to know them all anew, my sister and my brothers. All of them. None of us are quite the same, perhaps.

"Well, you could have ended up with one that likes to tease you." Illisia seemed to speak from experience, giving a clearly-exaggerated roll of her pale silver eyes. "I can try to help you find them, if you want ? Laurence stays with me for now...I know where Jin lives, at least. And Zhijian. Everyone else seemed close to the pantheon. I live upstairs, my door is the one with the big tree on it." She'd all but given up describing it as Teldrassil. No one ever got that. "Im outside a whole not, but if im not in here, Lindita probably will be."

Mintaka
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.He gave thought to that a moment. It wasn't like his house was that terribly far away, but response time was valuable enough - considering what happened last time - that the closer was better. Not that he expected an immediate response but there was one other thing to consider.

Since my job is to protect that which He cares for, I should be here to do so, the dragon observed on his thoughts.

"Mmm, I should consider finding somewhere closer to reside myself, all things considered, particularly for the convenience of Xuan." He fluffed at the grass a moment, observing it's healthy richness. Quite the change from what he'd remembered - what felt like only hours ago, which was truth in a bizarre twisted way. "I mean, my life is mine, but also I do want to consider her - if anything she's sort of allieved some of my concerns about dying." He gave a rather wry smile.

Zero Dream
"I had no where else to live at, really." People who have probably opposed to her use of the tea houses as bedrooms sooner than later. She still quite liked those tea houses. Closed spaces, but airy and nonrestrictive.

"I am sure it would be possible... I had been given a room before I even decided to take Xun on." But then... Perhaps Harmodius had simply known she would eventually decide to do it.

The dragon said nothing in response to that thought.

Mintaka
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Hmm, well, I do know that he can be a pretty reasonable guy," he said with a slight shrug. "That's what I hear anyway, most of the time I saw him he was... well, different. He was as Destruction, and quite the intimidating being."

Xuan gave only a snort in reply to that. What did he expect, flowers and bunnies? Knowing her host, that'd probably be something he would think in counter and she nests more in his mind at the thought.

"Most people seem to be reasonable for the most part at least," he said. "Although thankfully this was not some years back... when I was still getting myself settled here. I didn't originate from this world, I was accidentally 'punted' here for lack of a better word thanks to magical accidents. A friend and I. We were... well, shocked, culturally among other things. Thankfully I learned to adapt quick. She didn't take as well, but she learned. And I found my place. I came across Xuan as a 'payment' for one of my jobs, and irony has it, she saved my life by 'being in the way' as a stone. And after meeting Underworld, I'm still more then thankful." He did mind himself from saying something about what a grump he seemed like, though it was painfully tempting.

"How did you end up here?"

You deal with the souls of the dead and see how cheery you feel, Xuan commented. Most dead people aren't too happy to be, well, dead. Also, you're welcome for me 'saving' you. Her tone was hard to read, on whether she was being sarcastic or genuine, or just returning some to him... for it was completely something not like her.

Zero Dream
Illisia continued to balance herself on top of the rock, actually standing on her toes rather than her whole feet. That had to require quite a bit of balance, but the night elf did not seem bothered in the least.

"I came here after the source of the strange happenings was pin-pointed from coming from this place." She went silent, and then decided she probably should explain. "There were... They kind of felt like waves of sorts, after an inital backlash. Everyone was acting out of their mind." She as well, but she wasn't going there, thank you. "War erupting in between the most steadfast of allies... Crops suddenly dying for no reason... Demons rushed though... Some people said it was the end of the world. I was sent with my son to see what was going on and what could be done to stop it. We... had nothing else to lose. No other living relatives, nothing. We came here by portal, but the spell went wrong, and we were separated. The sky was gone not too long after that." Her ears pinned back slightly.

"I was told that Elik is alive by a prophet, and told that he will eventually come here... But..." She shook her head. Kheviel probably wasn't interested in her motherly worries. "He will understand. Im sure of it."

Mintaka
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.He had been watching her, and was not lost on the skill being exhibited. She certainly had some skill, possibly even some combat experience. That sort of thing wasn't someone just did for fun, anyway, without any effort. And being sent to investigate - yeah, you didn't send someone out without some knowledge of how to defend. Demons, etc. end of the world? Not unless you were clueless and stupid.

"Yeah, it was kind of chaotic when I was trying to get back to my house. Some people seemed unaffected but others, not so much. It was near pandemonium at times, but it's nothing I haven't had to shove my way through before." Shopping for the holidays being among the many times he'd had to deal with it, but crowds seemed to be a normal wordly occurrence for assorted reasons. They also made jobs more difficult, since the crooked rarely went alone.

"I know I saw at least a few dead bodies," he said, frowning slightly. "As I said, I was frozen in time until just recently, so I missed most of the chaos that erupted... but I know my neighborhood looks like a warzone. Even orcs and goblins live in better then some of those buildings. My house probably needs a new paintjob, I didn't even bother checking too much. I was too concerned for here, for what had happened. Well, we were."

He tilted his head slightly. "So you were sent here to investigate to chaos. I doubt it was a fun journey. Although... they only sent two? Despite the sheer insanity of it all? The chaos and destruction?" He didn't want to flat out ask about them specifically, but it did seem rather odd. Most races and clans never sent so few unless they were grossly shorthanded, or sending some exceptionally skilled people.

Zero Dream
"Many people died." Illisia's ears pinned back slightly at the memory. "So many of them. The old, the young. Even those who had been perfectly healthy - some just... died with no explainaton at all." Her father...

No, better not to think of it.

She did seem a little surprised with the mention of orcs and goblins - did similarly-named races live here, or... ? Hm.

His questions were valid ones, and she nodded. "You have to understand... that many had died, and that we were fighting a two front war that could have taken a turn for the worse at any instant. Demons, yes, and add the horde to that... The most skilled warriors simply could not budge in fear of what was left of our people being eradicated. There was tensions even among our most loyal allies..." Illisia could only hope they had not degenerated further. "My people did not have the resources to send on a large group without knowing exactly what we would be facing and what needed to be done. We were meant to find the cause, then report back to see what could be done. Elik and I were... scouts, of sorts. A precursor to a bigger group after we figured out what was truly going on." So much for that, really. "But after the sky turned to darkness, I was not able to contact anyone anymore. Not even my son."

Mintaka
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.His ears gave a noticeable twinge. While he had no family to speak of, losing those you cared about, even just contact, hurt. "Well, hopefully you two can be reunited before things change again. Have a chance to talk and all, and sort things out." His eyes went skyward, staring into the blackness. "The sky itself is a reflection still of the days that were. Even before the wave happened, there was a slow decline. I can't imagine how bad it was, but I'm sure it would have been equally ugly here. While I regret not being able to do anything about it, perhaps at least I can go, not carrying such memories with me. I have enough that plague my dreams, I don't think I need more."

He gave a slightly derisive snort. "Although I'm sure I'm going to see that ... whatever it was that instigated it... in my dreams. The thing was hideous. I don't think a word has been invented in any language that could really capture my feelings for it." He shook his head, trying to clear the memory. He really had a bad notion that that wasn't the end of those things, and that bothered him more because, well, nothing he'd done had done anything to it. What the hell could you do against them? Hopefully with luck, he'd find out they were all gone and no more issue, and that'd be that, but somehow he wasn't so certain. Not after being snared in a trap for a long time, could you rest so easy. He had his own problems still to sort out, because leaving it for Xuan would be wrong.

"With Lord Harmodius restored again, I don't think the chaos continued past," he observed carefully. "What I saw coming here seemed to be about rebuilding, and any sort of issues seemed to be put aside. I heard a few random snippets of people maybe having quarreled and getting past it still... but then some epople were already getting desperate before the wave hit. The slow decay that had been overshadowing was making people nervous as it was... some were already ready to go for the throat for survival." Somehow he suspected his own trapping might have been related - or that someone was extremely angry at him for something he'd done in the past. Too much lined up together, it was hard to tell. He'd have to see if his friends would be able to detect anything about the spell or learned anything while he was held. "Although now that you mention demons, I'm wondering if my friend didn't do something stupid... he dabbles with demonic magics... I also hope he didn't manage to get eaten by one of those pets he keeps around, either. I need him alive, he's the best magic resource I have. His brother unfortunately took a much different path, and doesn't know a damn thing about the arcane much... although this could have been something non-arcane and purely possibly invoked divine magic that snared me. Damnit." The last bit seemed to be thinking out loud, but the prospect did bother him. Then again, he usually kept from pissing off the followers of the gods, only because that was the last thing he wanted on himself. While the warlock did have his... eccentricities, his prowess and knowledge with the arcane were invaluable. Hopefully he hadn't lost a limb to any demons, and would be still in one piece enough to help him after he finished sorting things out here.

Zero Dream
"I don't think I can help you on that, im afraid. Arcane magic isn't quite my forte." Far from it. Though, as she had been given no hint of Kheviel's profession so far, she could not help but wonder why would anyone wish to cause him harm... but, as he had said, the atmosphere had been volatile here before things went from the worse. There was still a whole lot that she needed to understand about this place, after all.

"Things just... got better one day, all of sudden." That had puzzled her the most, she had to admit. "It was like if something had been physically lifted from the air itself... it's a little hard to explain, ill admit. People have been focused on rebuilding since then."

Mintaka
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."It's not mine at all," he admitted. "Not a single kind. My skill is in combat, particularly making sure one hit does the job. Clean, efficient, and simple. Except I'm picky about my targets." He looked at the sky, still looking for some hint of anything up there. "I only take targets that are causing the innocent grief and trouble - either someoen who kills them, or otherwise making life complete misery. Sure, it's slow, but I know more then a few lives have been made better. Some real screwed up stuff around even before the decay of things."

Xuan seemed to be mulling over things, and also doing a little nosing around of her own in his memories. You have a few interesting targets who might have had a reason to kill you. Although they failed in killing you.

Probably because of the End of Things happening, obviously the ensuing chaos threw 'em off or something, Time freezing would be a pretty obvious thing to do, if you wanted to make it personal. he thought back, and was suddenly a little thankful for the havoc that broke out if that was true. He furrowed his brow then, thinking, trying to get his mind off that. "So then your son is somewhere in this world then, you say? I admit it's a pretty big place but there has to be some way to find him... although given the state of things I'm not sure how much would even be available." Somehow it was bugging him, nagging slightly. Perhaps it was a slight fear she might 'go on' and never see him again that bothered him - if only because he was the 'remaining one' once Calico had come more into power. It was an awkward feeling, even if you knew you'd be gone too one day. That and he had some measure of regret of things he never got to say to Sarentia. It was always never having that chance, that somehow something always interceded.

Zero Dream
Ah, yes. She could gather why easily now, and she nodded. An assassin was bound to gather enemies, no matter how well-founded their intentions were. That revelation did not seem to bother Illisia too much. There had been many rogues coming from her own people, skilled in moving in darkness and shadows as they were.

"He is, yes." She nodded again, closing her eyes for a moment. "I know he is alive - a prophet told me so - but not exactly where he is. He will find his way here eventually, but... she was unable to tell me when." It still bothered her. It could be tomorrow, or it could be years from now... when it would be too late. The druid knew that her son was strong, and would survive her - but it did not keep her from wanting to see him one last time.

"But ill assume you will be able to find him easily when he does. I believe we might be the only two night elves on this world." They had been the only two to come here, as far as she knew.

Mintaka
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Night elves? Now that rung a bit of a bell. Well, indirectly - he'd heard muttering about them at one point from one of his friends, and they referred to themselves as Blood Elves... nah, couldn't be. Could it?

When you boil it down, existence in and of itself is a small place. Especially when you are at the 'center' of everything, give or take. Xuan found this particularly amusing, since Kheviel was now debating this and slightly confused at the prospect. However, this did give the prospect of him looking like her, and being fairly easy to pick out, should it come up.

"Night elf?" he echoed, ears somewhat perked to make sure he wasn't losing his mind or something, or someone - or something - wasn't playing a prank. "Funny you say that, I've heard some... well, mumblings, none I'd probably care to repeat - and heard the term before. The two I need to see happen to call themselves Blood Elves." He gave a somewhat casual shrug. "Although I've given them clear warning that I'm not going to save them if they decide to get into anything over... well, anything." He smirked. "I'm going to gather that much like High and Drow elves, Blood and Night don't get along much." Oh, it was hilarious to think what Drow hated about him - when he didn't find them particularly so awesome. Their superiority complex was among the worst he knew, and honestly - he could think of plenty of reasons why the surface was a nice place. Besides, he was just as skilled as they were, so eh.

Superiority complex indeed, listen to yourself once in awhile.

He let that one slide, although he was definitely not going to mention her to them at all. He'd really hate to have to break out the whoop a** on them, too. No host of a dragon king was going to be threatened by anyone.

Zero Dream
Her ears did flatten a bit at the mention of blood elves, but the rest of her expression betrayed nothing. "You could say that. It is a very long story, which I am sure would bore you right back to sleep." It was her turn to grin. It was a bit amusing, in a way. To know there were other beings from Azeroth around here. Maybe they got lost in a portal. Ha ! That was certainly a blood elf thing to do.

And they'd just pretend it was their plan all along. Arrogant little twits, most of them. She would refrain from passing such judgment out loud, however.

High elves were something familiar to her - what blood elves used to be before the Sunwell was destroyed - and while he likely had not what he had meant, it gave her some hints. The other name mentioned, however... "Drows ?" She asked, clearly curious, peering forward in a way that would have made many fall straight on their face. That she vaguely did look like a drow escaped her completely.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:32 pm
Mintaka
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The reaction wasn't lost on him, and he wasn't surprised really, considering the complaints he'd heard already from the 'other side' - although he supposed bad blood in the past certainly could keep a feud going for a long, long time. Neither side seemed particularly 'bad', although his friend's tastes were occasionally questionable, and he did have his quirks. His brother at least was more sensible, but he put that to being part of a holy order - Sarentia was equally sensible.

"Oh I doubt it'd bore me any more then some of the other stuff I've gotten stuck reading or listening to," he said. "Drow elves... well, they're dark complexioned - most i've seen are more of a gray shade to extremely nearing a charcoal really, although there've been some dusky shades which might almost pass for your skin tone at times. They much prefer the dark - nighttime or underground usually, mostly underground, but they do come out at night. Not to say you can't or won't see them during the daytime, but they do have an aversion to the sun like nothing and prefer to avoid it."

He thought a moment, what else really made them different... "Ah, right. Besides their rather annoying attitudes of superiority and such, they also tend to be a female-dominated society." He shook his head slightly. "Mostly bothers me because they're the worst of the worst about attitude, their priestesses hated me for absolutely no reason. I hadn't even bothered a single drow and they hated me." Which had been true, he avoided drow targets partly because if he had done something, it'd've gotten exceptionally ugly for himself and a lot of people rapidly. It wasn't worth it - aside they had enough enemies they'd get taken out on their own, from the inside particularly. "Very odd societal structure, and as I understand it, a lot of backstabbing and such went on for power. Also very magic dominated - holy and otherwise."

Which of course sparked a question then. He knew how elves worked on his world, and maybe a touch about blood elves - and he could always get more on them, which he considered heavily now to find out - but what about night elves? "So what are Night Elves like then?"

Zero Dream
Interesting. She could see the similarities - and the differences. It made her wonder if it was possible for the same race to be created on different worlds and then evolve differently. Given that she had seen humans here, then perhaps this wasn't so silly a thought.

"We are active mostly at night, obviously." He'd given her information, and she would do the same in return. "But above ground for the most part. The sun doesn't hurt me, but my vision is greatly diminished when the sun is up. Probably similar to how most races see in nighttime, come to think of it..." She'd never thought to ask anyone about that. "A female-dominated society as well, for the most part. It used to be that all priestesses were female, and all druid were male. Druids are highly attuned to nature, and protect a place called the Emerald Dream - and thus often end up sleeping for centuries at a time. There is a druid faction leader who is greatly involved in the making of decisions, but most of the higher command is female. Things changed a lot in our society in the recent years, so those restrictions aren't in place anymore. I am a druid, for example."

Mintaka
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Well, that was interesting. It sounded a bit like the drows, but not, and certainly didn't behave like the nasty ill-tempered brats either. He wondered if ti was possible for multiple words to somehow start down the same paths, and then branch ever differently, and if that was because of the deities here, or some other natural course. He wasn't a philosophical type by any stretch but this did get him thinking a bit.

Don't ask me, Xuan cut in a moment. It has never been my domain or assignment to even bother with such notions.

"Hmm, interesting indeed," he said at last. "I wish the drow had turned out more like your people, they'd probably have been tolerable then. Maybe." He smirked a moment. "A druid you say?" His ears perked slightly. "I admit, I haven't seen many in my days, although the few I did were quite the impressive sight with their magic. Although I preferred to avoid being near them... a few had a nasty habit of randomly going into an elemental form on people... fire and clothing don't really mix well at all." He looked as though eh were resisting the urge to laugh, obviously a memory associated to that. "There's not many restrictions on druidism where I come from, although I've never seen gnomes or dwarves walk that path of choice. Halflings either." He thought a moment and then blinked. "Wait, sleeping for centuries?" Well, elves he knew had long lives, maybe Night Elves did too. "Doesn't that have some kind of impact or something?" He only expected to live about a thousand years, so losing half his lifespan asleep... that'd be kind of awkward to say the least. Wake up and all of the sudden everything's changed.

That irony was not lost on Xuan, who had a good laugh that went blatantly ignored.

He gave a slight shrug. "Things were pretty rigid back home, although it's a miracle the priesthood didn't have an internal bloodbath when things were getting heated between the paladin factions. Hoo, those were ugly times. The so-called 'Light Paladins' seemed to have passed some kind of judgment on me anyway, despite the fact I was nothing but personable and helpful to them. I'm pretty convinced their leader probably either caught a nasty rumor... or just outright hated me anyway, and I'm more inclined to believe the latter. He was a pompous windbag anyway." Then again, he was also convinced most people had a wrong impression of him anyway back on his homeworld right before they vanished off. He'd been convinced someone was spreading some rather nasty lies, and he had no doubts to a few sources. While visibly neutral, he was swaying things indirectly, and word was getting around. Unfortunately drunk people talked too much, and that often lead to problems when friends of your targets found out. Still, he'd cut down the sacrifices of the innocents that had been going on. He'd indirectly saved the windbag's life, too, but he doubted very much anyone would point that out.

Still, paladin politics were at least understandable. Sleeping for centuries? Not so much.

Zero Dream
Elemental ? Ah, no, he had it all wrong. Well, at least as far as she was concerned. Shaman did elementals, not druids. And even then, they did not become them. That was such a strange mental image. And yes, that did include burning pants. How troublesome. At worst, well, she just lost them while shifting. Humans got rather worried when there was a huge talking bear pawing though their cities, even if returning in such a form to find new clothing before shifting was for their benefit, not hers.

"Not elementals, no. I would probably accidentally set everything on fire." The elf mentioned with a light giggle. "Animals, sorely. Bear, cats, birds... things like that." Some part of her hoped he wouldn't ask her to demonstrate. She... didn't want to think about it.

"That sounds complicated." Less complicated than druids sleeping for centuries, that's for sure. Talking of such... "My race used to be immortal - blessed to be such by the dragon aspects." She decided to refrain just how old she actually was - but there was a bid of a candid smile on her face. "Through not anymore, so I assume that will eventually change... shorter sleeps perhaps."

Mintaka
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.That was definitely different. He couldn't think of much that did turn into animals - well, he did think of one semi-example, but he preferred to not dwell on that one. A near-death experience was enough to teach anyone to stay away from that area of the forest. He still had a scar from it too, lucky he didn't bleed out before he got back to the city.

"I saw more then a few singed from getting too close to an angry druid," he admitted. "Maybe a rock pelting once..." He smirked slightly. "I heard rumor they could turn into trees, but I never saw it myself... or walked straight past the tree in question. They were staying out of most of the conflict - completely religion based, which is a bit... well, ironic for me. The only time they got involved was when nature itself was in the crossfire."

Immortality would at least explain the long naps - and for living a long time, being asleep for that long wouldn't be so horrible. Living a long time and seeing friends die off of old age because they were a shorter-lived race was awkward, and the world sometimes got boring... but not that boring.

"Living forever would be a bit of a thing to deal with," he said after a moment's thought. "I mean, I've already clocked about two hundred maybe? I lost count after awhile, stopped caring really. Especially when you've actually seen people die off around you from old age." He shook his head. "I've known age old elves about ready to move on who were bored with life, so forever sounds even worse. Then again I think they were also disgruntled with the 'younger races' and how they seemed to be ruining things and such." He didn't mind the lifestyle as much, if only because it was distracting to just how long you had. Except now, he didn't have all that long left, comparatively.

Zero Dream
She said nothing about turning into trees, but she did smile at that comment, almost mischievously so. If only it was possible to find some of these druids... Glyph would be intrigued.

Well, okay, she was curious too.

"That hadn't really happened to me." She shook her head. "As a race, we have not have contact with the other races until recently. Not long enough for me to have seen someone go though a lifespan. Which doesn't mean my people did not die. Sicknesses, wars and accidents happened, even then. We where never beyond that."

That had been one of her fears. Growing old, losing herself, becoming progressively more useless as time went by until... Well, she didn't have to worry about that really, not anymore.

She didn't have enough time left for it to happen, at least she didn't think she had. No one had given her an actual time frame for how long it took for gods to... completely take over.

Mintaka
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."It's an awkward feeling," he said openly, looking at her. "It's awkward to be the one left behind, not probably unlike being widowed or being a widower or such... losing someone you care about... except you're going to go a very long time carrying that memory. It's ..." He trailed off then, unsure how exactly to explain the sensation of being completely left behind when you lost someone you loved deeply.

Xuan gave him a soothing feeling, trying to assure him. Much as he might needle her, she still cared about how, particularly because he at least seemed to care about her. You move on, you adapt. You seemed to manage past Sarentia, yes?

That was partly on her own wishes, I think she knew one day it would come... just not that soon. He seemed to furrow his brow a moment. "It's hard being the one to carry those memories, and never to be free of them. It's hard to look at people after awhile who you know will fade away before you do, and sometimes grow attached. I've noticed in more recent years I've had more issue - but I suspect too, that might also be due to having lost some in a rather traumatic way."

I do not consider Mintaka's loss traumatic, Xuan noted.

He ignored the comment and sighed. "And then there was the matter of someone I loved, who was also a host. It... was completely random it happened, but it ... kind of hurt all the same. We both knew, I knew... and that was before I myself too was joined with Xuan... but still. I think perhaps it's only because of the seeming sudden nature of it - it was like reliving the loss of Sarentia all over again. Even if you accept the fact, it doesn't make the loss any easier." He closed his eyes. "But... I do know one thing - for as much of the world I may have written off, there's still more that should endure past my own leaving, in helping to bring another being back. I can accept that, now - and hope at least that this effort isn't in vain or something. I trust Xuan to do what's right. I just hope I don't leave her in a mess of things she knows nothing about. The world is a crazy place."

Zero Dream
Illisia listened, silent, her ears dropping back a bit. It was a sensitive subject for him, she could tell. "Im sorry..." She didn't quite know what else to say, and in a way she wished she could relate, understand him better on that aspect, if only to know which words to use.

She had lost many people dear to her recently, but... it wasn't quite the same. Not completely. Her father she had barely ever known, as he had slept most of her lifespan in the Dream. Her mother had been distant ever since she had reached adulthood, prefering to focus on the high priestess rather than her young sentinel of a daughter, who seemed ill-suited for the task.

Her first husband had been taken from her, but he might have still lived. Some of the exiles became Highbornes, after all, and not all of them high elves. She had never seen him again after that way, but in spite of it all, of everything he had done and all he had been condemned for, it felt like her heart had been thorn in two. But she had recovered. Perhaps this was truly the closest she could have related to Kheviel's loss.

Her second husband... She had loved him, and she could not say otherwise, but perhaps not in the same way the man in front of her had loved. Not as deeply, not as passionately. In the end, they had barely known each other, in spite of being married for millenniums. Such was the fate of a night elf woman who chose to marry a druid. But almost all the males were druid back then.

The three of them, her mother, father and second husband, were taken away from her so quickly, so suddenly, in a way that had been completely unpredictable. She had suffered then as well, but she had to put the feeling aside for the sake of her own survival. It was something she rarely thought about, but now it was past. It was too late to truly feel about their deaths.

But it was the last things he mentioned that truly hit her the most, with long eyebrows frowning a little deeper than she'd intended. "It will not be in vain." She knew it, and it was not what was bothering her. No, it was the thought of the one she would be leaving behind that was getting to her. But as a god who had gone though the same process... Glyph might be able to deal with it better. She would likely never know.

It was too late to change it all now. They were not lovers, but they were friends, and had things been different, perhaps his first follower. She would have led him to her people, and then...

No, too late to think about all that.

"I understand, for the most part. I have lost others as well, during the waves. It was an alien feeling, something I didn't know how to truly deal with... Confusion and pain. But I had to get over it quickly, or I would not have survived."

Mintaka
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Mmm, survival of the fittest," he said, leaning his head back a bit. "You do what you must when you have to to live, and then deal with things after the fact." He shook his head slightly and puffed at a stray lock of hair on his face.

"I doubt it's in vain.... but after seeing the beginning of what caused all that chaos..." He frowned, and leaned his head forward. "I.... really don't know. I can truly say I've never seen anything like that. And it honestly left me unsettled. Very much unsettled. It was unnatural."

He flicked at a piece of grass, trying to stop thinking about Samyaza's appearance. It was just... it had been unsettling, and the fact nothing phased it.... hopefully it was gone, destroyed... eradicated by someone. But... then there was the thought of what ifs that skulked in the shadows, and he made an effort to not go there. What ifs were dangerous, and tended to lead to paranoia.

"Most don't know how to cope with loss when it first happens," he said. "It's a natural part of the process known as life, but... it doesn't make it any easier when you accept it to suddenly not have that person to turn around to. But we learn, somehow, to move on. Aside, most would want us to continue on and keep the happy memories. It's take a pretty cold person to want otherwise. So I try not to dwell on it, but sometimes it happens."

He gave a short laugh. "I suppose, too, when you're faced with accepting an end, and knowing it comes, your outlook on life changes suddenly." He shook his head. "Then again I've always been at risk for an abrupt end, so I shouldn't be surprised really. And honestly? I think I like this way out, and not because I avoid the god of the underworld. I don't have to get all old and decrepit and be the raving old man on the corner." The last was delivered with a jovial tone attempting humor, which managed to at least elicit a small amusement from his internal companion. Old age was a somewhat foreign concept to him already but he couldn't help the thought. Some humor was needed, and it did give him a pretty amusing mental image.

Zero Dream
Illisia had no idea what Kheviel had seen, and to be glad she was starting to be a little glad that she had not seen... whatever it was for herself. It seemed to have rattled him rather deeply.

It was also a little reassuring, to know that no one really knew how to deal with that kind of loss. Made the night elf feel a little less awkward for her own confusion. "That is true..." This is exactly what they would have wanted, for her to live on. And this is what she wished so dearly for her son, in turn.

The last comment did get a amused smile out of her. Humor or not, it did calm her a bit that she was not the only one who thought like that. "That... is actually one of the things that scared me the most. I didn't want to become... useless." The night elf shook her head.

Mintaka
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.He couldn't help the laugh that escaped him at useless and old being 'linked' so often. "Old people aren't useless, they've got plenty of life experience they can share with younger people... they just aren't as physically capable. Course, some are, and when they do kick your butt it's pretty mind blowing." Not that he'd had it himself, and that tendency tended to run more with spell using types, but still, the point stood. Now, if he were an old person, he'd be far more useless, aside from explaining stuff. And making fun of people.

"Although I do have to admit - old people who are well learned in the written studies and magic tend to be more useful then those of us who are more... physically oriented in our choices," He smirked slightly. "Youth is favored for those sorts of things. Age is favored for the arts of magic and such. Funny how that works actually." he flopped back on the grass, resting his head in his hands. "Aside, you're only as useless as you make yourself. Although I only feel useless cause I missed everything. Gotta make up lost time, but... then, after rushing here, it's nice to calm down and relax a bit, at least my legs. The travel usually isn't that rough, but... uh, yeah. Someone's left a bunch of stuff all over the route here. Climbing tends to be a bit more intense. Really, I should also plan some time - if I have it anyway - to see about getting rid of some of the junk still around."

Zero Dream
She hadn't exactly thought about it this way, to be honest. As a healer, perhaps she would not have lost much of her use, but now it was a moot point. "It is a little hard to visualize when you have never seen anyone go through it." She admitted, and at least seemed to be aware that Kheviel wasn't laughing at her, per-se. That wouldn't have gone down as well.

Illisia balanced on top of her rock, wondering for a moment. "That's always been here, as far as I know. I hate pavement. It hurts my feet." The night elf muttered. "Like I said... Yu and Tian Yue will likely be able to answer you, if you can find them." She hadn't gotten much, but the man in front of her knew what questions to ask, where she hadn't.

Mintaka
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Something seemed to be on her mind, but what he wasn't sure. But then, asking wasn't always the best, as sometimes that tended to bring up stuff people didn't want to think about.

"I hope at least I'll get something," he said calmly. "Need to fill in the holes, and at elast wrap my head around things... and Xuan's kind of chomping at the bit to know what she can do, if anything."

I am NOT, she said pointedly. I just wish to do what needs done and I'm sure there's something I can do. Well, we can do.

"She says she's not, but I know better, then again I know the feeling of wanting to do something..." He gave a slight shrug before managing to sit up. "I've never liked being idle too much for too long, and even if it was out of my hands... can't be helped much to not feel the need to do something."

With at least a measure of grace he rose to his feet, dusting himself slightly for any loose grass that had decided to cling. "Though, if you have anything on your mind you want to talk about, I'll be around awhile - and probably contactable."

And if you're not ehre, I'm willing to listen too. It was partly because she wanted to make sure Xun's host was well, with some self interest, but it was also because she did care about things.

"Xuan also would be willing to talk, should I be... unavailable."

Zero Dream
Illisia smiled at that, standing in one smooth, fluid motion as well. "Ill keep it in mind."

Offer for me as well. Xun spoke after a long stretch of silence. He would always be willing to help - especially for his siblings and their hosts.

"Likewise, if you need anything... Im a good listener, if not a good problem solver. Xun too." She turned then, pointing in one direction. "See that building here ? That's where there's many chambers for the gods. Mine is the one with a big tree on it. Even if im not in there, Xun's aoidei probably will be."

Mintaka
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."I'll keep that in mind, particularly with my current ... situation. I'd rather not leave Xuan a nice legacy of trouble... well, not that she doesn't have that from me alone." An impish grin crossed his face. "I'm sure she'll remember more then I about the door, and come knocking for conversation at some point, I'm sure."

We should consider getting a place here at some point... it would be prudent. Not just because she'd be closer to Lord Harmodius and her siblings, but that was a pretty good reason.

"Hmm, which way would you suggest to head if I were in search of either of the two? Or would wandering aimlessly be a better idea?"

Xuan gave a slight snort at the attempt of humor.

Zero Dream
"Well, I met Yu in the gardens. Zhijian too. Tian Yue I met a bit far away from here. I do know where Zhijian lives, through. His door looks like... it has people on it. And mountains." She frowned a little bit, trying to recall as much detail as she could. Some of these doors were quite complicated. Whole scenes instead of elements. It was a bit harder to remember. "Jin Huang lived outside the pantheon, in a house not too far away from here."

Hey, she -was- a dragon magnet, from the sound of it.

Mintaka
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.He gave some thought to that. Gardens might be a good place to start, aside maybe keeping the eyes to the sky perhaps as well. "Alright. I do live... well, it's neither close or far really, but I've had worse. If I knew where Calico was I'd have her point the way." He gave a slight shrug. "Odd as it might be to miss her - her domain is insanity, so I'm sure you can take a few guesses as to what dealing with her can be like - I do. At least because she knew her way around."

He shook his head. "Although I'll still stick to this being a much nicer place then it used to be. I definitely do not miss the lava and such." He scanned the not-sky a moment, ensuring he wasn't missing any passer-by types in the sky. "Alright, I suppose I should quit being lazy and get going on what I intended first... then I can resume laziness."

You are incorrigible sometimes, Xuan noted.

"Take care, to both of you." He gave a tip of his hat and slight head bow to them both.

Zero Dream
The night elf listened intently, understanding his feelings. He and this Calico seemed... close, from the sound of it. Was it commonplace for gods to watch over hosts like that ? Most likely, after all that had happened. It seemed safest.

"Take care as well." Illisia nodded. "Remember, if you need anything... im around." Or at least someone would be.

A Wandering Esper
Vice Captain

Beloved Stargazer

Algandars Castle [Zero Dream's Writing Stuff]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas