Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Wandering Esper
Vice Captain

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:07 pm
Unnaturally Good Luck

Tsunake
It was amazing how much better he felt just to gulp down air that was free of demon-taint. Though Jin had been very formal and accommodating, Laurence hadn't been able to stand the presence of those creatures scratching in his brain, threatening to overwhelm and invade him like... The feel of claws against the back of his neck nearly had him jump out of his neck, and he tried to snatch at the fluffy floox with a snarl. Squeaking, the unnamed creature zipped onto his head, and it chirped as though reprimanding him for being so twitchy.

It wasn't like it was something he could exactly help, but with a snort, he would lower his hand and let the floox be. He needed to find Adi, maybe persuade her to take the little thing off his hands.

I don't know. It could be useful. Shuo mused.

"Yeah, right. You're just smitten with it." Laurence snorted.

I am not smitten, I am merely thinking that it would be nice to have something to run little errands, and it would make me seem less intimidating. It makes you seem less intimidating. That last bit was said so cheerfully that the man was rolling his eyes.

"Now you're just making stuff up." He was weaving his way through the woods, trying to remember exactly how to get to the Pantheon from Jin's house. It had been dark when they'd left (well, it was always sort of dark, with no sky about), and he hadn't gotten the best view of their surroundings. Still, they had to be close.

You could send the floox to scout ahead. Shuo suggested slyly. And we must find out its gender somehow, give it a name of some sort.

"Floox is a fine name." Laurence grunted, but seemed to agree. "And unless you want to check up its skirt, we're doing that later." Getting back to the Pantheon was the most important thing, so long as they didn't get lost on the way.

Zero Dream
And it was on that way that Laurence would see something he had likely never thought existed.

Thankfully, it was no demon - the figure lacked any of the telltale signs, no claws, no horns and no hooves, and looked much too graceful, much too elven for that. Long limbs, way too tall to be an human woman - no way she could even pretend to, with her pale lavender skin, long purple hair tied in a neat braid, and those ears, those eyes...

Well, this was some kind of elf, but what kind of elf was the question. She was balancing onto a large rock in a way that looked downright impossible, peering at the lake in front of her and... holding out a net ?

And just what exactly are we doing here, my dear ? The dragon asked in her mind, very amused indeed. It was just like Illisia to fix the problem directly, so to speak.

Fishing. She had such a carving for fish and was more than willing to spend days at this lake until it finally surrendered her some. She wanted some fish and she wanted some fish yesterday, thank you.

It's not funny. The night elf mentally muttered at the amused chuckle of the dragon king, not once noticing Laurence at all.

Tsunake
He had seen things from oozing, writhing puddles of sludge to beasts that spat flame and unfurled bat-like wings. Just recently, he'd met an immortal werewolf, a centaur-god, and had gotten himself saddled with a ball of fluff that could apparently understand what he was saying. Laurence didn't think it could get much weirder than that.

That was before he stumbled across the young... woman? She was tall, from what he could deduce from her hunched posture--even taller than he was, and the lavender hue of her skin, the glowing eyes and pointed ears...

Still, he sensed no malice, nor the taint that had coated Jin's house like a protective sheet. This was no demon he was dealing with, but she certainly wasn't human, either.

An introduction, perhaps, would suffice here. Shuo suggested mildly, and before Laurence could think back a retort, the little floox weighing down his head leapt and scrambled up the stone where the woman was seated, quick as a wink.

Both man and dragon winced.

A curious chirp would be offered to Illisia, clearly puzzled as to what she was doing, peering with big eyes at the net, and then at the lake down below.

"Er." The priest voiced cautiously. "It's friendly..." Not that she looked like the type to be scared by what looked like an overly large furball, but one never knew...

Zero Dream
...Chirp ?

One long eyebrow rose slightly, and Illisia leaned backward (a movement with would have likely sent most flat on their a**) to look at the little creature. How curious.

"I noticed." The voice certainly was womanly, as was her figure, as well as amused rather than annoyed, reaching out to pet the floox. "And just what are you, hmm ?"

Illisia... There was something familiar about that man. Extremely familiar. He had met enough of his brothers to know exactly what it was.

Illisia, however, was clearly a little too busy cooing over the floox to give her dragon much thought. She looked up to Laurence, a smile on her face. "Are you lost ? Not many people wander that far from the city..."

But, more importantly, there was something all too familiar curled around her arm.

Tsunake
The way she moved was enough to have black brows arching with surprise, his own body wincing a little. All grace and no limitation, it seemed; he wasn't exactly sure what she was still, but 'elf' was beginning to seem less and less unreasonable.

Said floox would close its eyes at the feel of her long fingers gently stroking, the chitter turning into something of a rumbled purr.

"A floox. Some sort of Ageless Immortal." Laurence snorted at the beast's antics, and felt it was all right to approach slowly. The smile that curved at her lips was enough to earn one in response, and the priest gave a halfhearted shrug. "I'd like to say no, but I'm not quite sure. Trying to get back to the Pantheon, if you know what that..." He trailed off at the sight of her arm, the dragon's tail coiled around and a gem that was impossibly identical to his own, save for the stone.

The man was staring stupidly now, a hand clapped over his chest. "...Um." The resulting explosion in his mind was enough to make him wince, feeling Shuo surge up and, with permission, claim his vocals.

"My brother!" The deep, smooth voice was trembling with excitement and joy, so much that Laurence was looking a little overwhelmed. Another dragon..?

Zero Dream
"Ah, yes, I know where that i-" Illisia had started to answer, but the other eyebrow rose up to match it's twin when a completely different voice cut her off. Allright, that was akward on many different levels.

Well, if you had been paying attention... Xun sounded definitively amused. But a brother... a brother yet within a mortals... He feared that his theory was about to be proven correct.

"A brother indeed." It was Illisia that answered, but her physical language did not quite match up with what was spoken. She was relaying, even as she continued to stroke the floox's fur, the other hand holding her net. "I am Xun Jiang, Ti Lung." Then, with a shrug, "He can't quite speak yet. At least I don't think. Ill just relay things, im getting quite used to it."

And after what she had just witnessed, she kind of preferred how she had it.

Tsunake
Lighten up, would you? Laurence was grumbling mentally at the dragon, folding his arms over his chest. Despite his apparent irritation, he wasn't about to deny the dragon his chance to reunite with apparently what was a long-lost sibling. The fact that it was the woman that had to speak was something that caught his attention; not all gods could speak right away? Wouldn't that be something nice to deal with...

"Ah, forgive me." The Dragon King did sound at least partially apologetic, but was too delighted to truly regret a thing. "I've forgotten my manners; I am Shuo Huang Zhe, Mang. This is Laurence Pershary. I hate to ask such a thing of you, when we've just met, but would you mind serving as a translator of sorts?" Polite, but hopeful, and had he a tail, it would have undoubtedly be wagging.

The little floox paused to peer at the sound of the deeper tenor, but would go back to politely nudging at the woman's hand, snuggling into it with a soft sound.

Zero Dream
Mang.

Well, there they had found him. By pure accident. Illisia, it seemed, was skilled at finding dragons by pure accident. This also revealed who it had been that Adrienne had met. At least, there was one more found.

Illisia had been able to say something, but she darted upward, careful of her little furry companion as she started to pull the net out of the water. There were indeed a few fishes wriggling inside. Score ! She was not quite sure what kind of fish they where, but as long as they were tasty, the night elf certainly didn't care.

"I don't mind." It saved her having to guess how to directly interact with deities. So far most had been more friendly than she had thought, like Glyph and Rio, but there'd been Evadne to prove her that they were not all this way. "But if you're hungry, I seem to have just caught dinner."

There'd be more than enough for all of them, really.

Illisia crouched again to work at the net, and she started relaying the words of her dragon again. "I am glad to see that you are well, my brother. No one else knew where you were... Much like I." There was emphasis on that. "You... would have not heard about Shen, by any chance ?"

Tsunake
The floox squeaked with surprise at the woman's movements, but recovered quickly to hone in on the wriggling fish caught within the weave of the net. That seemed to have effectively snagged its attention for good, fluffy tail twitching with anticipation from time to time.

Silently, the Dragon King conferred with his host at the kind offer; it was early, but Laurence could go for a bite. "That is most generous of you; we would be honored."

Lay it on thick, there.

As Xun's words were relayed once more, Laurence's brows would furrow. Much like I... That seemed weighted, somehow, and he realized that Shuo never had exactly explained what had happened to him--why he had ended up with the priest. He'd had a host before, he'd said. Later, perhaps, he would be able to interrogate the dragon.

"Ah. Shuo sounded... hesitant. "You as well... ...I do not remember much at all, brother. I am... concerned, that perhaps, it was too much for my memory. But no, I have not heard anything about Shen, or his potential whereabouts. Did he also...?" There was anxiety, however well suppressed it was in his tone as the question trailed off.

Laurence was growing irritated. It was only too obvious that he was being left in the dark about something, but Shuo was worried now, and he would hold his tongue. "Someone at the Pantheon has to know, about your brother." He interrupted. "Surely He has to know about where he is, right...?"

You are correct. We should not fret, all will turn out well. The dragon was quick to chide himself, but somehow the man sensed his worry would not be so easily driven off.

"Might I ask your name?" He'd inquire of the woman as he stepped closer, hissing at the floox under his breath in an attempt to keep it out of her way.

Zero Dream
Illisia did not seem to have much problems with the happy little floox - there was definitively enough fish for the little creature as well, after all. She did look a little startled for a moment, a frown covering her own face, but she shook it off. "Neither do I."

Xun had never told her anything about that first host of his. She had thought that it was because he had not wanted to, not because he simply did not remember.

I did not want to worry you further. Came the sheepish admission.

The look in Illisia's eyes softened. I understand...

"I am hoping we will find him." It was all that was said about that - Illisia scooped up the little creature when she nearly tripped over it and settled it on one shoulder as she headed back toward where wood had been gathered for a campfire. "If I fall on my face, you won't get any fish." She chided the creature with all the skill of a mother, before turning to make sure Laurence was following her.

"My name is Illisia." She said softly. "You are likely wondering just what I must be..." She continued, amused, as she sat in the grass. "I am a night elf. I come from another world." That was the condensed explanation.

Tsunake
It should not have relieved him to hear that his brother was struggling to remember things as well--and it didn't. The dragon, for once, wasn't quite sure what to say, and Laurence tilted his head in acknowledgment. Lord Creation will be able to do that. Unless you doubt him, now. That was a deliberate jibe, and Laurence wasn't exactly sure why he'd done it.

The Dragon King remained mild, however, not so easily roused. Never. But things are not so simple. ...And I understand you are irritated with me, rightly so. I will tell you everything, after we part ways with them.

Mollified, the priest would begin to follow after the strange female, only snorting a little when the floox snuggled up against the side of her face, seemingly content with its perch.

A whole different world? A night elf? "Yes." He finally said with a slight nod, and after a moment, he would take a seat across from her. "How did you come to this world, then, if I can ask...?" The logic was perfectly sound, but it was still a hard concept to grasp.

Zero Dream
Clearly not minding the antics of the little creature now that she was not going to faceplant from walking onto it, Illisia started up the fire and started to prepare the fish. It was messy, but hey, someone had to do it. She certainly did not seem to mind.

"When things started to go wrong..." She was not sure how much Laurence actually knew. She certainly knew little herself, and understood even less, so it was better to keep it simple. "The mages of my world pinpointing the sources of the power that was affecting us, and I was sent here with my son to figure out what was going on. We were separated... and the sky was gone soon after. I don't think I even have a way home at this point." Not that it mattered much now. She had found her path, even if it had not been what was expected.

"Are there only humans here, normally ?" Well, she presumed he was human. He looked much like the humans of her world did. She was a bit curious, now.

Tsunake
Laurence had seen enough blood for one lifetime, but his facial expression hardly even twitched as she began to quickly gut and clean the fish. Food was food. The floox's little nose wriggled with interested, but it was patiently staying on its perch. Clearly, the notion that it was going to be fed was enough to keep it still.

He had a vague idea as to what she was talking about, and remembered with a grimace what Nergal had told him. If Hell was gone, did that mean other worlds had been affected by demons, and other catastrophes? It sounded like it. A grimace flickered briefly over his features as she spoke of her son--and if she was host to a Dragon King now, she'd probably never see him again. She was strong, he could tell that much, for her voice had remained calm and steady. "...I'm sorry to hear that." He had no one to leave behind, after all. He could never face Emeric again, after what he'd done.

"From what I've seen, yes." The priest said after a moment. "But humans are also naive to anything but themselves. I'm a demon slayer, myself, and these days, there have been plenty... but here at the Pantheon, I've seen things that I didn't even know existed, so there has to be more than I know of." He was frowning a little at that, annoyed with his own lack of knowledge.

Zero Dream
Her ears pinned back a bit at the mention of demons, but nothing else showed. Apparently she did not quite appreciate them as well.

"Elik will be fine." She nodded, not a ounce of doubt in her voice. She knew him alive, after all, thanks to Ashoka. And she knew he would come to the pantheon... but when ? Would it be too late, then ?

Would it be best if he arrived too late to see her before she died, as it were ?

"He is a strong man. I know he is well, and that he will find his way." With the fish gutted and ready, she laid it close to the fire - indirect heat was best, given that she only had wood as a surface. Cherrywood, to be exact, planks she had carried as part of her supplies because she liked the flavor it imparted on the meat.

"I am a druid." She offered information in turn - idle talk, as it were. Both dragons seemed quiet now, with Xun's attention still focused, but he was only listening. It was getting easier for her to tell. "I can heal wounds though the power of nature, or coax plants to grow and mend. I also have a knowledge of plants to use for medical purpose, though the plantlife of this world sometimes elude me a little." She offered Laurence another warm smile.

Tsunake
The reaction was subtle, but enough to satisfy the man; so there were demons in her world, too. And clearly, her thoughts were similar to his own, on the matter.

So Elik was her son. She spoke so confidently that he was fine, and it was all that he could do to nod. Whether she really knew, or was merely staying positive, it was the best thing to do; to stay strong and to keep walking forward.

He observed her methods with interest, unable to place the type of wood it was. The fact that she merely carried around planks for this told him that she was probably used to hunting for food. Had Shuo not been brooding, he likely would have liked the color.

A druid... "Magic?" He asked, and his interested, indeed, was piqued. Healing and controlling plant life--definitely not a normal trait here on this world. "The most I can do is help exorcise demons, enhance physical qualities." A mild shrug. "Prayer, and the like. Healing would be much more rewarding, I'd wager."

Zero Dream
"Not exactly magic in the sense of the arcane." That was another thing all together and she did not quite want to stray down that path. It reminded her too much of her first husband. "And neither is this power truly mine, per-se, beside the shapeshifting. The earth itself lends me the power to help itself heal. Itself or others, really. But I cannot heal someone or force plants to grow unless they wish it to be."

His methods were similar to the priests of her world, really, safe that the priestesses of the moon were indeed able to truly heal... but that was a different thing. "I was never strong enough of faith to become a priestess. Which is not to say I hold no faith, but I wasn't able to go the extra mile, I figure ? I was a sentinel, before I became a druid. A warrior, to make it more clear. I was bodyguard to many priestesses of Elune."

Tsunake
They didn't have enough variation as far as magic went for him to instantly understand her meaning of arcane, but he would nod to at least show he was paying attention. There was a flicker of understanding in his gaze when she spoke of borrowing her strength from the earth--but then he doubled back, stuck on the word shapeshifting. "You can change forms? At will?" And he'd thought Itztlac's form had been bizarre. "I see." And he did. God lent His power so they could exercise His will, the earth did likewise.

He wondered briefly if they were one in the same, really. Her words of this 'Elune' confirmed it for him, though there was no reason to voice his opinion. "I understand. It's... strenuous, in ways I don't think most understand. But it sounds like your duties were no less than honorable, defending them so they could do what they needed to." He was nodding with approval, a thoughtful looking his eyes. "I lack the experience for some of the duties that work closely with God. Instead, it's my job to try to cleanse as many demons as I can, and put up wards to ensure they can't come back."

Zero Dream
It was the elf turn to nod, gaze flickering quickly to the cooking fish then returning to Laurence, raising her hand to pet the little floox still nested on her shoulder. "At will, but not into like... another person. Only into animals and such. Natural things." That always seemed to amaze people so much. This in turn amused her, but she kept it in check, in fear of accidentally insulting her companion.

"It is strenuous." She agreed. She had seen many priestesses in action, many that gave their life out of faith and want to protect the rest of them. Give their lives in ways she simply could not have prevented.

"I have had to battle many demon invasions in my lifetime." The woman sighed. "The first was so massive that it downright split my world in two. It was a long time ago, though..." So long ago. Long enough that Laurence would probably not believe her if she thought of it. "I hope things are holding out well now, for them... But there is nothing more I can do." Nothing more than this. In a way, she was also making a sacrifice of faith.

Tsunake
Animals. Her movements drew attention to the ball of fluff still happily cuddling against the side of her neck and cheek, and Laurence stopped dead for a moment. "So you could turn... into that?" He gestured at the floox, and his expression clearly said that he was torn between disbelief and utter intrigue. "Any sort of animal at all?" That was certainly convenient, and it'd probably make traveling a hell of a lot easier.

Brows furrowed sharply as she recalled her own wars with demonkind, and the man's eyes looked temporarily sunken. "It's not come to that, here. Not nearly that level." But with Hell having vanished entirely, who was to stop it from turning out that way? He didn't know what to say to her, but he sympathized--probably more deeply than she could have known.

"Things are getting better here. I'll bet it applies to your world, too." It was his feeble, but genuine attempt at comfort, whether she needed it or not. "Most humans don't even know about the existence of demons, here. To them, they just don't exist." And in comparison to a world nearly overrun by them, from the sounds of it, perhaps that was a blessing.

Zero Dream
"Not exactly into... that, no." Illisia answered, clearly amused by the idea. "Nothing that small. Things like... bears and hunting cats are more accurate." Shifting into something that small just had to be painful. Her first few times shifting had been near-agony, until she'd gotten used to it, so the idea of shifting into something as small as the furry creature on her shoulder...

She would pass, thank you.

"I am glad to hear that. I wouldn't want anyone to live though that. The repercussions are felt even today." The separation of the highborne from the night elves, some of which evolved to become high elves, for instance.

She smiled at his attempt to reassure her. "It must, you are right... It will be a matter of rebuilding at this point." She was not so certain, but she was glad, all the same.

Tsunake
Ah.

Bears and large cats. Things that could snap your neck and drag you off into the foliage and eat you. That very quickly sobered up Laurence's ideas, but also added a well-needed pinch of reality. The man quickly recovered, though his face had undoubtedly given him away for a moment.

He nodded wordlessly at her words, and another smile would flicker to his face. "A slow healing process. It already feels like whatever was weighing down the air has vanished. It'll take time, but..." And he sighed a little. There were so many people undoubtedly struggling to recover in the aftermath, and he was powerless to help them.

"...And with these," He paused to shift aside his trench coat, letting the dragon emblem embedded in his chest be revealed at last. "Maybe we can help speed up the process." He didn't know if she knew exactly what would happen to them in the end, and so he left it lightly at that. "How did you find Xun Jiang, if I can ask?"

Zero Dream
If she had noticed Laurence's reaction, Illisia showed none of it. She busied herself with tending to the cooking fish for a moment, nodding along to the priest's words. "Yes... this what why I chose to do it. If I can assure a better future to my son, and to whoever might follow..." Elik, after all, was an attractive man, much like his father, and that time would come sooner than anyone provably would think.

"It happened after I came here." She started. "I wound up far away from this place, further north of the continent, and I tended to a small group of survivors until one day... It was like someone was calling to me, but I wasn't hearing any words. It's actually hard to explain it..." She made a bit of a face, clearly struggling with her words. "But it guided me all the way here. Another god brought me to the pantheon, and Lord Creation gave me the gem."

Tsunake
Floox was starting to fidget from the delicious smell of the fish, wise enough to keep his nose out of the fire though he looked rather tempted to see if he couldn't snatch a piece.

It'd serve him right if he got burned, Laurence noted with a snort, forcing himself to pay attention when Illisia spoke once more. He felt strangely at peace with this woman, pleased to find that their trains of thought, as far as the Dragon Kings went, were similar. A small sacrifice for the greater good of all--though, from the sounds of it, she didn't have more personal reasons behind it. That didn't mean such a thing wasn't true, but he highly doubted she'd been possessed and forced to slaughter her fellow kin because of her own weakness.

So Lord Creation himself had given her Xun's gem... "I know what you mean." The man said with a frown, thinking of the moment of clarity he'd had, even under the demon's influence. "It was like an irresistible tug, almost. I found the gem inside of a church, however--there was no one else around." How had it even gotten there in the first place? From his expression, clearly he was frustrated with not knowing, but he supposed it didn't matter.

"What do you plan on doing, until he's strong enough to manifest?" It was a genuinely curious question, figuring they could at least make small talk.

Zero Dream
Illisia did not seem to share the same idea - she caught the little floox by the scuff of the neck when it looked like it was getting too close to the fire, leaning forward. But then, she was a mother. There was nothing more loving and more wrathful when provoked than a mother.

"Fish looks done." A test poke teared the flesh off quiite easily. "Yep." That perticular bite went to the little creature as she let him go, taking both panks and holding one to Laurence. "I don't quite carry plates... or ustencils... I hope you don't mind."

That last question had her silent for a moment. "I... Im not quite sure." She admited. "See if anyone has a need for me, maybe. Or help Glyph along in the forests... Oh, Glyph is the god of Forests." She elaborated, taking a bite. This wasn't so bad, tasted like salmon. "And if there are still people injuried, I can probably take care of them... I've been wandering around, for the most part. Getting to know the surroundings, meeting people, all that."

Tsunake
There was a slight 'awk' noise when the creature was grabbed, but the sound was out of surprise than pain. He wriggled once and stilled, intelligent enough to understand that the gesture had more or less meant 'no'. He would be patient, really! A furry cheek briefly rubbed itself against the woman's as though to apologize before it settled. Then, of course, he chirped happily for the fish, taking the piece in a small paw and nibbled contentedly.

"Smells good." Laurence commented, having been watching Floox with some amusement. He muttered his thanks as he reached to take the plank, waving off her concern. He'd done worse than eat with his fingers before, and was careful not to burn them as he plucked off bits of the fish. It tasted just as good as it smelled, even without salt, and he silently was nodding in approval.

He filed away the name of the Forest god for later reference, nodding at her words. She'd said she was a healer, after all. "I don't know what I'm going to do with myself yet." The priest reluctantly admitted. "...I want to talk to Lord Creation, first."

Zero Dream
"I saw him in the gardens." She pointed out for the priest's benefit. This was rather vague, but maybe it would help ? "You can stay with me, if you don't have a room." She offered. Laurence certainly was not bothering her so far, and the idea of having him around wasn't a bad one. Xun, of course, was literally thrilled with the idea of his brother close. "It's a little... forest-y, though. And I just sleep on the ground, so there's no bed per-se..."

Well, this could require some thinking.

Tsunake
"The gardens... I'll look for Him there." He nodded his appreciation, ignoring the way his guts twisted with unease. He needed to seek out God eventually. It wasn't fair to Shuo, for him to keep shying away. He just needed to prepare himself to accept whatever fate would be pushed onto his shoulders. The offer surprised him, and his gaze warmed. "...I'd appreciate that. Been ducking around in the tea houses, so far. So long as the ground's soft, I don't mind..."

It was company, and the fact that she would be willing to share her space with him was greatly appreciated. Shuo had no objections, rather delighted with the thought of being able to learn more about this fascinating Illisia character and spend more time with his brother!

There were no complaints from either of them.

Zero Dream
"Well, it's grass for the most part." Yes, grass indoors. She seemed just as foreign to the concept as he might be. "It's a little unusual for an inside room, but... it worked out, when we made it. It's a little confusing. Im sure ill be able to find something for you if you're uncomfortable."

No one would miss a few cushions if they vanished, right ?

This did bring a bit of a thought to Illisia, however, that she would need to avoid wandering around naked in there. Humans tended to... react oddly to that. Had it been only for the elf, she likely would not even have been wearing what little clothing she was wearing in the first place.

Thank you, my dear. It would be a relief, to know both Laurence and Shuo close and safe.

"He is..." Illisia was silent for a moment, munching on her meat a bit in thought. "...Unlike anything I've ever seen before. Larger than life."

Tsunake
Grass. His brows arched a little before he could help himself, and he shook his head slightly. "No, no, I'm sure it'll be fine. Different, but fine." Laurence was clearly amused with the thought, and curious to see what exactly she meant. Very nature-orientated; it suited her, from what she'd told him of her abilities as a druid. That, and the fact that she'd seemed very much at home fishing in the morning, like it was perfectly natural.

"I can only imagine." The man sighed, pausing from the fish to rub at his brow. "In my religion, it's thought that one would only ever see Him when they passed on and went to Heaven. It's almost overwhelming to think I might be able to speak with Him here." And beg for forgiveness for his sins.

You will not be alone. Shuo said gently. Though he knew not why, he had a sense of... unease. It was true that he had failed to retain his true self with his first host, but it felt as though he had failed his Lord even more than that. He could not remember though, and it did little to settle his own nerves.

Zero Dream
"Well, it's not like I ever thought I would meet a god face to face." She was picking at her fish, pulling out the small fish bones before sliding another piece of meat to the floox. "And if anyone told me ill'd one day wind up rebirthing one, well, I would just have laughed in their face and called them crazy." Why her, after all ? She had never been something great, something important.

But she was herself, and she was what Ti Lung needed. As awkward as such a thought was.

All this talk of seeking Creation made Xun Jiang long to do the very same thing. The want was almost impossible to resist, and had he had any control on Illisia's body, he would have likely bolted right there and then and dragged Laurence and Shuo for a ride. But yet, the unease the host felt was apparent - he should not impose himself to such.

Tsunake
"True." The man couldn't help but crack a grin at that, almost looking slightly mischievous. "Seems strange to think that... well, at least in my case, they'd need help from someone ordinary. It's a good moral, I think." Something along the lines of even the smallest and seemingly insignificant creature could do something great. Of course, he'd never thought that would entail restoring a god--a dragon to power, but he wasn't picky.

"I think I'll look for Him, once I head back." He seemed to decide to himself with a sigh, sensing the happiness that swelled within Shuo. "Eventually." That was a bit more stern, and it was clear he was probably not talking to her so much as he was the dragon. No false hopes, now. He'd get to it eventually, he needed to, but...

Laurence sighed. He felt like a coward, attempting to put off the inevitable. But if God were to forsake him...

"So this Glyph, you talked about. How did you meet him?"

Zero Dream
Her brows furrowed a bit at his sigh and his reaction. Something was clearly bothering him, but... she couldn't force him to speak about it. She rather hated when others tried to pry information out of her, so she did her best to avoid doing it to others when it was possible,

That question might very well have been a chance of subject, and she took it. "I met him while I was traveling toward the pantheon, when Xun was... calling for me." It was the best way she could think to explain it. "He sticks mostly to forested areas and I accidentally stumbled onto him while he was taking a nap." Gods taking naps. Yup. "He recognized the direction I was going toward as the pantheon and led me here. It was amazing... the forests literally bend to his will. It should have taken us quite some time, but it only took us a day or so to get here."

Tsunake
The soft puff of air that slipped past his lips signaled that Laurence might have been a little amused at the thought of a god taking a nap. Were they really so human? It seemed so strange, but the Greeks had always written their gods and goddesses to have rather striking personalities. It was easier to relate to something similar to oneself.

Forests bending to his will, huh? "Sounds impressive." He admitted, unconsciously casting his gaze to the forests just behind them. Could he use the trees as his eyes and ears, the man wondered? "So far, I've met... the daughter of Love, Night--ah, and Jin Huang, Futs Lung." He started a little. "That's right, have you met up with him again? I didn't even think to bring it up..." Shuo had been so excited to see his other brother that he'd temporarily forgotten as well, and the priest shook his head as though he couldn't believe it had slipped his mind.

Zero Dream
"I have met him." Illisia nodded, as she finished her fish. "As well as a few other dragons. They didn't really know where Xun or Shuo went... so they were pretty relieved to see me." The elf sighed a little. "There's still Shen, that no one really knows where he is. I hope he's fine, but..." It certainly didn't look this way, given that the two other 'missing' ones both wound up in new hosts.

"I've been trying to find everyone." She noted. "I wander around a lot, so I've had quite a bit of luck."

Tsunake
"It almost sounds like..." Laurence's lips twitched, threatening to curve into a frown. Jin had clearly manifested into his host's body some time ago. Why were Xun and Shuo still stuck as gems, then? "Shuo said his former host died." He said carefully, studying Illisia's face as though her strange eyes would help him puzzle out this mystery. "Do you think the same thing happened? To Shen?" And to Xun, really, but he wouldn't put the other dragon on the spot.

We'll find him. The dragon sounded tired. Laurence offered his silent consent.

"Good luck." He added, snorting slightly. "What were the odds we'd find each other, really? But it's for the best, I guess." If the Dragon Kings were so important, the more of them there were, the better.

Zero Dream
""...Xun's died too." She still didn't like to think about it. "Xun doesn't remember anything at all of that. Tian Yue had to tell us about it." And what a shock had that been. Had she known before actually accepting the gem... would she had even done it ?

"I hope he's okay, and just.... busy elsewhere." She finally looked back up to Laurence. She could relate, in some way, with the deaths of her parents and husband still fresh on her mind.

Tsunake
The priest grunted a little at that, rolling his shoulders as though to relieve the tension that had settled. Was it a common thing, for hosts to die? With how Shuo was acting about the subject, he highly doubted it. Regardless though... He had no qualms with sacrificing himself. Not for a cause as worthy as this. Death awaited him whether the dragon succeeded, or failed--and if he could repent for his sins by doing everything he could to ensure the Rebirth, so be it.

"I hope so too." Laurence met her gaze for a moment, attempted to offer a smile. "When I go to see Him, I'll ask. And I'll let you and Xun know, as soon as possible." He could promise that much.

Zero Dream
Illisia's ears perked up a little, and she smiled again, at least. "That... would be nice. Thank you."

The night elf stood, going toward the lake to wash out the planks. "We should probably be heading back soon, if you are ready ?" There weren't any 'day' or 'night' anymore, not really, and while it had the side effect of having the normal noctural elf out and about at the same time as everyone else, it made it hard for her to be able to recall just how long she'd been out.

Tsunake
"Don't worry about it." Laurence waved off her thanks, but would offer another faint smile. It wasn't even something to thank him for, more of an obligation. He felt sort of a strange kinship to Illisia and her position, and therefore would help Xun out just as he would Shuo.

"I'm ready." He got to his feet, carrying his own plank and idly swiping his fingers on his pants. "Thank you, for the fish. It was good."

Floox was carefully grooming his face, tail flicking with pleasure even as it stilled temporarily when the elf gracefully got to her feet. There was a curious chirp, and if she got close enough to the water, he'd snake a paw out to get it wet before returning to his cleaning.

Zero Dream
Illisia watched Floox dip his little paw in, and almost laughed. That was so cute ! The little guy definitively seemed more intelligent that he looked like.

She rose again after washed Laurence's plank, sliding the both back in her bag, and heading toward the direction of the pantheon, slower than she usually would for Laurence's benefit. She was barefoot, but the pine needles and rocks on the path did not seem to bother her at all.

"It was pretty good." Illisia nodded along. "But then, I always liked salmon, so... It looked different from the salmons where im from, but it tasted pretty much the same." How odd ! Similar species across multiple worlds.

Tsunake
If the man caught a glimpse of her bare feet, he said nothing, realizing just how much longer her legs were compared to his own. Of course, surprise rippled across his face when she spoke of salmon, wondering... well, how bizarre were the odds that they were called the same thing? And tasted the same, apparently.

Overlapping aspects in worlds...? It didn't seem impossible, but just thinking about it threatened to give him a headache. "Was never a big seafood eater, myself. Don't mind it, but... It's just generally not available, where I travel." It was usually more expensive than he could afford, too.

Zero Dream
"I've always lived near lakes, rivers, oceans, into forests..." Illisia mused, looking back at her companion. "So I've always just caught my own." She'd learned how to fish when she was very young, so young that she had issues remembering most of what had gone on during those times. The human equivalent of a toddler, maybe ? "Learned to hunt when I was very young, too. It's just... a huge part of our culture as a whole."

Well, at least Laurence wouldn't be likely to starve in Illisia's presence.

Tsunake
From her description, he was getting a very... Native American-esque vibe about her culture and its people. It wasn't a bad thing by any means; it was just something he could easily relate it to. "Living on the land." He nodded thoughtfully, careful not to trip over stray tree roots while he was mulling. "We don't have that much, where I'm from. Everyone lives in big cities, mostly. Buy food in stores, so on and so forth..."

That was probably why the unexpected famines had hit everyone so hard. But really, would it have been any different if one was hunting for their food? Probably not. "Does it feel like home a little, in forests like these?" He was curious, cursed as his foot caught and he had to stumble to keep himself upright.

Because all he needed was to break his nose on his way back to the Pantheon, right?

Zero Dream
"Yes, it does." She answered him without hesitation, making her way around the roots and obstacles with a grace that almost like her look like she was dancing. "There are big cities for our people, large settlements, but even these do not quite compare to the human cities." Nature was still taking over even Darnassus, the last time she had seen it. Rock paths, grass, willing tree bent to create buildings instead of them being made of cut lumber...

"I have never quite felt at home in human cities. They feel... alien. Dead." She turned when she heard him curse and stumble, ready to catch him, but she turned out not needing to. The trip would probably go smoother if she shifted to carry him on her back... but that might very well be awkward for Laurence. It was awkward for most people, actually. "Am I going too fast ?" She asked, genuinely concerned.

Tsunake
"No life in them, really, not besides humans." The man would mutter his agreement, glancing ruefully at his feet as though to glower at whatever had reached up to snag his foot. Sure, there were rats and pigeons, cats and dogs, but all the plant-life in the cities somehow felt unnatural. He waved off the question, feeling a little embarrassed by his own lack of grace. "No, I'm good, sorry."

Clumsy as hell, but good.

"You really know your way around here." Laurence commented, watching the way she practically seemed to glide through the forests. Something to do with the magic she received from it? Possibly. It wouldn't honestly surprise him, at this point.

Zero Dream
"I don't spent a whole lot of time inside." The night elf admited. "So I've gotten to know this area quite well, I pretty much pass though this forest daily." Looking for lunch or otherwise. "I did get lost a few times, before I managed to get myself some bearing. Like, this tree-" She pointed at one tree that forked into two separate small trunks or sorts. "Is the only one that splits in two for a few other meters, so I know im going in the right direction."

Looks like Laurence would neither starve or get lost. Others would say he'd be good to go at this point.

"We'll be out of the forest soon." She added for his benefit. "Then we just need to follow down the road and we'll be at the pantheon in... maybe ten minutes or so." Hopefully he would be less likely to trip there. Good or not, Illisia was keeping ear on her companion, so to speak.

Tsunake
"Well, if we're ever in a city, maybe I can be the one to show you around." Laurence seemed amused with the thought, wondering how he must look at her, stumbling around in the forest. An obliging glance was given to the tree, his gaze thoughtful. He'd have likely overlooked such a detail, but there was no question that it'd be a good marker. "I'll try to remember that, when I'm wandering back through here. Unless... I guess I never asked where you and Xun are staying at, exactly." Maybe she, too, stayed in the Pantheon? He didn't now.

He'd nod. Ten minutes. He could surely last ten minutes without killing himself. "Sounds good to me."

If he hadn't found Illisia, how long would he have been wandering in circles, again? He was taking bets on an hour or more.

Zero Dream
"You probably would be able to guide me." Illisia was amused as well. "I can't find my way though a city most of the time. There's no landmark, really, all the buildings kind of look the same to me... Gray rock or... whatever the hard black stuff is made of." She wrinkled her nose a bit in distaste. That was uncomfortable, and hard on her feet.

"I live at the pantheon." Illisia nodded. "There's one building in the garden with stairs, it leads to a very long corridor - with a lot of doors. The one with the large tree on it is mine." That would do good, for reference. Even if he did wind up getting his own room, both host and dragon king would be welcome to visit whenever they wished.

Tsunake
"Concrete, I think." He supplied, but paused with a slight frown. "Maybe. I'm not sure, maybe they use different materials where you're from. That's what they use here, though, and they pave the streets with it, too."

So Adi lived in a place with a plain green door, and now there was one with a tree. "I'll remember that. With grass inside." Laurence snorted a little; it'd be almost nice to have a place he could stop by in and rest for a while, and nicer still to recognize a friendly face inside it. "...I appreciate your help, Illisia." He said more seriously, and was somewhat amused when Floox chirped what sounded like a quiet agreement.

Zero Dream
"Yeah. That thing." Illisia said, nose wrinkling a bit. Or perhaps the latter reaction came because she had finally exited the forest and happened upon it. The road had seen much better days, and it would probably be a little hard for cars to pass though, even if most of the debris caused by decay had been cleared. But then, it wasn't like there were many cars even still in working order.

Illisia, for her part, was completely oblivious of this fact.

"And a lake." She said, amused. "Don't forget the lake."

Tsunake
"A lake." Laurence said slowly, like he was expecting her to start laughing at some point. There was no laughter, and he blinked slightly. "How big is this room, anyway?" He chuckled under his breath, only half joking. And, on that note, how exactly did grass and a lake qualify as being a room indoors?

He quickly glanced over their surroundings with a shake of his head and a sigh. This world had much rebuilding to do before it was anything like its former self, but if there was one thing about human beings, it was their tenacity and their endurance. They'd pull through it, somehow.

With help from the gods, of course.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:09 pm
Zero Dream
Indeed, Illisia did not look, and she was, in fact, completely serious. Not so long ago the thought had been extremely odd for the elf herself, but now she had kind of... gotten used to it.

The trip to the pantheon was fairly short, as Illisia had said - however, in a rather amusing reversal of situations, she did nearly trip into the cracks of the broken concrete a few times - the last time earning a hissed word in a foreign language which, from her tone of voice, certainly meant nothing pleasant.

Soon after that, however, they were at the familiar gardens, and Illisia paused for a moment, as if suddenly remembering something... which was indeed the case. Damnit. Lindita. It would be much better to just warn him than just hope she might be off into one of her crazy ideas of hers. (like the night elf needed any furniture)

"Just as a warning, there's an aoidei..." Did Laurence know about aoidei ? "She's Xun's servant. She's a demoness, but she's harmless. Xun trusts her, and well... I've seen kittens be more worry-worthy. She might be off onto one of her little treks, though..." It was evident from her tone that she was not quite happy with the development herself, but what else could she do ? "Ill tell her not to bother you, when im able to talk to her. She'll listen." Lindita had listened to everything else so far. She was, after all, the face of her lord, at the moment. And Illisia was starting to hold some trust to the demoness. Slowly.

And beside, if she caused any trouble, she certainly could kick her a** three ways to sunday.

With that said, she started to go up the stairs. "Over here."

Tsunake
The priest did his best not to smile a little as the tide turned when nature turned into man made landscape, and it was his turn to keep an eye on the tall, graceful woman to make sure she wouldn't fall. The language was strange, almost musical, but definitely filled with a venom so potent that there was no need to explain the nature of her words. Curses were universal, that way.

A deep breath was taken as though to inhale the sweet scent of the gardens, relishing the peace that came with it. There was no doubt in his mind that God was here, somewhere, calming everyone within the Pantheon. Illisia's next words made him pause, unconsciously twitching despite himself even as he paused to look at her.

"...I see." His voice was a little strained, and though the woman beckoned to him with her words, he found his feet suddenly glued to the stone. "...Perhaps, it might be best, if I come by later." Though he was attempting to speak calmly and casually, he knew he sounded a little hoarse. "A door with a tree on it, you said?"

A demon. He wasn't sure if he could tolerate that, not so soon after his possession and his encounter with Jin and his household of the foul ilk. Maybe he only needed a moment to breathe--he didn't know.

Zero Dream
Illisia frowned a bit, in an odd mix of worry and general annoyance. Annoyance at Lindita making things difficult, mind you, not at Laurence's reaction, which in her mind was perfectly warranted.

"Yes." She nodded. It was the best way to describe her door, really. "I could go check if she's here first, if you want... ? If not, well... No one seemed to mind when I slept in one of the tea houses when I first came here. The cushions are pretty comfortable. There was enough of them for me to lay on, so you shouldn't have much problems with that." Part of her would much prefer keeping the priest close, at least for now. They were kin, in a way.

And she had no qualms in making the demoness go elsewhere for awhile.

And where do you wish her to go ?

Don't know, don't care.

I really wish you would be more respectful of our aoidei... Xun grumbled a bit, though even he seemed to recognize the need... And, well, it was not like he could do much as it was now.

Im not being disrespectful to your aoidei, im asking her not to freak out the priest. Completely different things, yes. Stop acting like im kicking her a**. I don't want her to bother Laurence, that's all. She had to put up with her presence, even if she was slowly getting to know and somewhat trust her, but she wouldn't force Laurence to do so when he was clearly uncomfortable. She'd simply assumed it was because he usually fought them and did not pry - not that she would have when he was so uncomfortable to begin with.

"There's the trees too. They always seem to bear fruit." A change of subject might help, perhaps ?

Tsunake
The man, clearly, was torn.

A servant of my brother would never harm you, Laurence. She is in his services, and is sworn to serve him. Still, the dragon understood, and would not goad the man into doing anything he didn't want to. He was just pointing out the facts, the truth as he knew it.

It felt rude, to deny her and Xun's kindness after so long, and with a slow, uneasy breath, the priest would offer a nod. "If. If you wouldn't mind sending her away, at least for a brief time--" His voice broke off for a moment, and he turned away with hardened expression.

"Forgive him brother, Illisia. If you could comply, we would be most grateful." Shuo spoke up. This was Laurence's tale to tell, and the priest wasn't about to do so anytime soon.

Laurence offered only a mute nod. If the demon was not there, he would be happy to come see. Hell, so long as he was cautious when he returned to see her after meeting with Lord Creation, he might be able to even tolerate the presence, at least for a time. He wouldn't be rude or unreasonable, not to one of Shuo's siblings, but he would remain wary and on his toes.

"Do they?" He commented, slightly distracted, but willing to focus on fruit trees. "You pluck them, they grow back?" Was that the work of their Lord?

Zero Dream
"Completely understandable. Im sure she won't mind." At least, she wouldn't have much choice but to listen. Still, the night elf didn't pry, didn't ask.

"Im not sure, actually." She mused out loud. "It just seems that no matter how many people take them, there's always some ripe and ready to pick still." She wasn't the only one to serve herself in those trees, which she had assumed were for exactly that and that she was allowed. She started to walk up the stairs now, tossing her braid back over her shoulder. "It just seems odd to me. Fruit don't normally grow this fast." But Creation's influence's, perhaps...

The hall was, indeed, full of doors, close to each other, with each looking different, and giving hint as to who would reside inside. Illisia walked down until she reached her own, and turned to face Laurence again. "It shouldn't be long..."

With that, she slipped inside, with only a hint of greenery, fresh air, and the sound of running water betraying what would await inside.

Tsunake
"Thank you." The priest muttered, falling silent as he followed after the slender, elegant woman, feeling some of the tension in his chest slowly begin to unwind. It was easier to focus on her words, and he was quiet for a time before he replied.

"Wish that sort of food could be available for other people." He mused almost to himself. There had been so much hunger worldwide, so many that were starving. But soon enough, he prayed, things would eventually right themselves again, now that the worst of the danger seemed to have passed. "I'll have to take a look at them, maybe." Which was his way of saying he hadn't looked at them before, but now Illisia had piqued his interest.

His eyes slid over the doors, unconsciously looking for a plain green one. He offered a curt nod, and Floox, as though sensing the man's unease, leapt from the night elf's shoulder to scurry up the man's leg. Surprised, his fingers were gentle against the little creature's back.

All he could do was wait for her return, eyes glimpsing what honestly looked like yet another wilderness, just behind that door. How could that even... Well. He wasn't going to question it. For now, he just tried to focus on whether or not he could sense any demon taint.

Zero Dream
It didn't take long before the door opened again, with Illisia peeking out of the opening. That was the advantage with her room, per-se - it was a vast, open space. She could see pretty much everything she needed to see at a glance. "She's not here, you can come in." She wasn't quite sure what Lindita had gotten in her mind this time, but for once she was glad for it. If all the aoidei were like her, then the gods must be pretty bored in their spare time.

She turned back inside then, leaving the door open so that Laurence could come in. It was indeed a wilderness behind that door - rather dim, but the plants did not seem to mind. There were a few saplings there and there, proving that it was indeed soil and not floor behind their feet, and a stone path leading toward a large lake and a waterfall. There were a chair and a table somewhere off the side, but given that Illisia was heading away from the furniture, it probably didn't see much use from her.

Tsunake
Though the priest wouldn't breathe a sigh of relief, the tension would ease subtly from his body, and after a moment, would follow Illisia back into her home. He had to pause for a moment, if only to take all the scenery in with an expression that could be described as one of wonder. It was as though they'd never gone inside at all, and he found himself glancing up at the ceiling, as though searching for walls, or something to put a barrier to this natural wilderness before he'd step inside, unsure if he should tug the door behind him or not. He would.

It was almost too much to take in, and he found his eyes wandering everywhere even as he belatedly made sure to follow his hostess. A waterfall, a lake... He'd step onto the stone steps as an afterthought, not knowing where they were headed in this dim, soothing place, but not minding so much either.

"This is nuts." He would eventually voice aloud, his tone filled with wry amusement.

Zero Dream
"It is." She agreed, but as she turned to look back at him, she was smiling. "It's amazing, isn't it ? I certainly didn't think... well, the first version was lacking." She made a face. "But there's no limit of logic to this. To these places... It could be shaped however the owner want. Xun kind of helped me with it. Mostly just telling me to stop trying to think like it was a building."

There was a roof, very high up and covered in wines and foilage - dark and barely distinguishable. There was also a large, open skylight right over the lake, allowing the fresh air to come inside.

Illisia stopped near the lake, sitting down on the grass. "There's a pile of cushions over there." She pointed to the left. "You can nap there if you want, I don't mind sleeping in the grass." She did so every now and then, after all.

"The saplings grow very quickly." She mused out loud, noticing that small shoots were already peeking out of where they were planted on the side. She hadn't known if they would grow or not, without light, but... It had to be Creation's magic, no doubt about it.

Tsunake
"Amazing." Laurence did have to agree, still struck by how bizarre this was. Of course, her words only served to confuse him, brows furrowing for a moment. Shaped the way the owner wants...? "So you made this? This was your idea?" To say he was impressed was an understatement, though one couldn't deny that he was a little bewildered, as well. "Where'd you say you found this room, again?" Were they all like this?

Cushions... He would head that way until he found some, dragging a few back over so he could seat himself more comfortably next to Illisia. "Nap's sounding pretty good right now." He muttered, stretching out with one of them underneath his head. Floox curled up on his chest.

His eyes slid to observe these saplings in question, and he made a thoughtful sound. "Soon you'll have a whole forest to yourself, if that's true. Bet that isn't something you'd mind..."

Zero Dream
"Mine and Xun. We kind of decided together." She answered. "I didn't find it, per-se. Lord Harmodius gave it to me. He told me to look for the door and it was there." Perhaps he made them as they were requested, one of the blank door turning into something at that time ?

She wondered just what was behind these blank doors...

The night elf just smiled, resisting the urge to push one bang of his hair away from his face, like she used to do for Elik when he had been young. It brought a pang inside, but she did her best to ignore it.

"I wouldn't." She agreed, still smiling, but some of her melancholy slept though in her voice. "Rest." She whispered. "Ill make sure no one bother you."

Tsunake
Another gift from their Lord... The priest was struggling to stay awake, ready to prop himself up on an elbow if it would keep him a little more alert. He wasn't big on being rude to people he could honestly say he liked, and Illisia, as well as Adi, had fallen into that category. Gods were something else entirely, deserving of respect whether he liked them or not.

Still, the bid from her to rest was enough to have him finally relaxing into the cushions with a sigh. The elven woman would be true to her word, he was certain of that, and it wouldn't be long before he drifted off to sleep.

A Wandering Esper
Vice Captain

Beloved Stargazer

Algandars Castle [Zero Dream's Writing Stuff]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas