Reply Nintendo Defenders
I finally played RE4...Holy crap. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TurMacar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:24 am
Nobody likes Gurus, submit that to a guide site or something.

Random Rant of RE4 Retaliation...and Alliteration.
(with some rhyming...)

Anyone who's played/beat the game remember that part in the castle where you enter the room through huge doors, and there's about 7 guys waiting (one red) and two crossbowmen where you can't get too? and then when you kill all them more come, and when you lower the drawbridge thingy dudes w/scythes ambush you...etc.?

That part is currently making me very angry.

I've even got a semi-fullproof stratagy for getting up to past the scythe guys, but then when Ashley has to go work the cranks I keep shooting her when someone picks her up due to their elevation and the general rush to rescue her/not die.

..../rant...

EDIT---
Got past it....and realized I've started to really abuse the "not needing ink ribbons" aspect of 4... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:45 pm
I Macar
Nobody likes Gurus, submit that to a guide site or something.

Random Rant of RE4 Retaliation...and Alliteration.
(with some rhyming...)

Anyone who's played/beat the game remember that part in the castle where you enter the room through huge doors, and there's about 7 guys waiting (one red) and two crossbowmen where you can't get too? and then when you kill all them more come, and when you lower the drawbridge thingy dudes w/scythes ambush you...etc.?

That part is currently making me very angry.

I've even got a semi-fullproof stratagy for getting up to past the scythe guys, but then when Ashley has to go work the cranks I keep shooting her when someone picks her up due to their elevation and the general rush to rescue her/not die.

..../rant...

EDIT---
Got past it....and realized I've started to really abuse the "not needing ink ribbons" aspect of 4... sweatdrop

if you mean that part shortly after getting into the castle, I found a good way to beat that section with the first catapults.

I started by hiding behind 2 crates and sniping the guys in front of me with the rifle.

at the first catapult shot I stayed still to evade the first 2 shots, then ran like hell to find cover(near the big gun/cannon).

I forget whatelse I did but it was just like something my brother was reading from a players guide(he was planning on giving me strategies but I was making like the guide without a word).

to deal with that big claw dude at first in the prison, it's best to leave Ashley outside the prison. when facing that first clawed dude DONT RUN! just WALK. he cant hear you walking(unless you're damn near on top of him), and if you shoot the bells on either side of the room(opposite of where you are! so he doesnt impale your face!). he'll attack the loudest sound, namely the bell, if he destroys it, just keep fireing at the parasite on his back!

for handling the 2 blind slashers in Salazars palace, use the Rocket Launcher. aim for the middle of the 2 doors and the blast should kill them. the normal rocket launcher is 30,000 Ptas, if you have 1,000,000 Ptas you can shell em out for the infinite launcher(if you completed the game already). the Rocket Launcher has a lot of kickback so use it when you can put distance between you and your enemies. use it ONLY WHEN NEEDED if you bought the normal launcher! the infinite launcher you can go insane and blast away, but after saving Ashley you need to KEEP HER A SAFE DISTANCE AWAY FROM THE BLAST! as even the blast back from fireing the launcher too close to her can kill her in one shot REGARDLESS of how high you raised her health! the Verdugo(Salazars right and left hand men) you face can be frosen with the Nitrogen tank spraying about, and you can blast it with the Rocket Launcher to send it to hell!

reward from Verdugo: crown jewel!

the Crown Jewel can be applied to the Crown, and the crown can only be sold for it's max price when you attatch the crown jewel, and the royal insignea.  

RAPTOR948

TurMacar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:29 pm
About ^.

Uh...great? I put in the edit that I'd gotten past that part.....

...let me reiterate that noone likes Gurus and re-recommend submitting this stuff to some guide site or something...

(beat game twice, beat assignment Ada and unlocked all but Wesker in Mercenaries....I love the Chicago Typewriter. twisted )  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:34 pm
I Macar
(beat game twice, beat assignment Ada and unlocked all but Wesker in Mercenaries....I love the Chicago Typewriter. twisted )
I got everyone in Mercenaries. I know a spot to get the most kills too in each level. ^_^ I know this one spot in pueblo where Gonados and the bella sisters converge when you piss them off enough. ^_^ you gotta climb a ladder though, and the explosive barrel gets you lots of kills if you do it right. ^_^ and bonus time too. ^_^

the trick is to grab the bonus time before you blow the barrel, and keep kicking the ladder down when they stand it up. keeping the score over 60,000 points will be your guaranteed 5 stars. I got 5 stars in Pueblo for everyone, and Wesker is my current master of disaster with a number of high scores, and with 5 stars in the first 3 levels, with waterworld being the only level Wesker has only 4 stars in.  

RAPTOR948

SolarShadow

6,625 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:22 pm
Hey hey, dudes! I just recently beat RE4! And lemme tell you...the Infinite Launcher rocks.
I got Krauser, too. pirate  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:45 pm
news flash yo! I got everyone with 5 stars, the handcannon unlocked, I have all 3 infinite weapons in my next-run story mode, and I figured to pick up the Minethrower, I thought to give it a go, for fun and because it's funny when I shoot Ganados in the balls ha ha ha! I kinda act like Scarface when I use the chicago typerighter, countless F-bombs, and the famous line "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!" before letting the lead fly. though there isnt a run I dont consider blasting away at the baddies with the rocketlauncher, and I send them to hell in a few blasts! FSHAOW-BOOM! they go insta-boom with the rocket launcher.

it gave me an easy test to do too. ^_^ you know you're psycho when you aim for an opponents genitals with a high explosive. you know you're more gov't agent material when you go for headshots with a magnum, and you know you're genuine cop material when you aim for the chest with a handgun.

I know some cool stuff about each weapon, but I like the infinite ammo ones best like the fully upgraded handcannon, the infinite launcher(nutt-bye bye baddie scrotums!), and the Chicago typerighter(for your scarface/godfather experience), it's more fun to let loose with the infinite weapons, especially since the baddies come at ya single file. ^_^ convenient when you need to lay waste to massed numbers in minimal time. ^_^  

RAPTOR948

stythe

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:22 am
Really? I didn't think it was that scary. Fun as hell, but not scary. I'll admit I did jump on occasion, but I jumped more in the older ones.
RE4 felt more like Devil May Cry then RE to me.  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:20 pm
stythe
Really? I didn't think it was that scary. Fun as hell, but not scary. I'll admit I did jump on occasion, but I jumped more in the older ones.
RE4 felt more like Devil May Cry then RE to me.
well it was a new engine, and the whole deal with the ganados did scare me a bit when RE4 was first poped in. the first time I got a chainsaw to my neck. I got better in time. I have beaten the game several times now. ^__^  

RAPTOR948

stythe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:41 pm
Really?
I didn't find it scary at all. And even the first RE creeped me out.
In fact, I found it to be one of the most unscary (if that's a word), survival horrer games I've ever played.

Which is why I'm really glad that what it lacks in scares, it more then makes up for in kickass graphics and gamplay.
It definatly was the most fun I'd had in years on the GC.

Of course I went and bought it for PS2, hoping for more to the story, as was promised.
Better luck next time.
The extra Ada crap was a waste of time, and that rad lookin' lazer wepaon was completely useless compared to the other unlockables, most of which were already in the GC version.  
Nintendo Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff