Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sweet Seven777

5,750 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:29 pm
Can't we "geezers" get together in the rally to race and have fun without the rude teenagers?
Like a room that's geezers only, where we have a certain type of control?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:50 pm
I still come across your random rude little bugger beggar (I seriously meant that), but I've learned to stay out of the main boards like the chatterbox unless I'm looking for a stupid text-based squabble.

Remember the Welcome to Gaia thread? I used to go there all the time and was somewhat known as a usual. Now I barely go in because all the rude bugger beggars.  

Dragon student

Dangerous Survivor

9,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150

Doppelganger007

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:05 pm
Gaia went to hell when users lost the ability to name rooms in games. That was usually a good filter, and that option was banned because of too many "cyber here" rooms. I think it was an immature decission.

Now, older gaians bump into silly kids and get bored and silly kids bump into adults that can easily be perverts. Things are worst without those "filters" that helped organize population here and avoided stupid teens bothering young adults.

A good thing would be to "reserve" and lock some adresses of towns by some guilds....there's a lot of unused space in towns that can be rented to guilds!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:27 pm
rolleyes I used to post in one thread and this NUT said the thread sucked and that band sucked. I posted back that opions vary maybe she should find another thread. She came back and OMG I used to be a stripper and didn't hear language like that!! I reported her to the mod and his reaction was even more immature than hers!! I AM SO GLAD THIS GUILD EXISTS!!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!! biggrin heart
oh by the way......I would LOVE a place in towns where we geezers could hang out! I saw those 2 other posts, but no one ever shows up! neutral  

THE wascally wabbit

Romantic Rogue

12,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Queen Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:27 pm
I dont go into towns any more because al I do is run into kids. If we had a town for us geezers I think that Id go to it when I was on.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:57 pm
Queen Spirit
I dont go into towns any more because al I do is run into kids. If we had a town for us geezers I think that Id go to it when I was on.
I just go into a desert part of the towns and get collect my items in peace, like were my home is located. Besides, most users are in the first page of towns.  

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100

Topaz Citrine

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:20 pm
I read through most of the post and the feeling you have on the teenagers is call growing into maturity....and the tweens are testing themselves in different areas....first of is their language...broad and rude and very testy......I have two 13 year olds at home and both are on Gaia however they stay true to themselves and behave online......I tell them that you never know what will come back and hit you in the butt. They do report a lot of the cybering actions.
I am never online when my teens are on.....two computers are in use....which helps keep the peace in the family.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:44 pm
I can honestly say that I do avoid the chatterbox and such but I try my best to make it painfully obvious I'm older.

I have two in college, two in High School and one in elementary and my viewpoint has always been, "it doesn't matter how they feel about me now, as long as they can respect me when they're 30"

*chuckle* I try to maintain that attitude while posting in other forums. doesn't ALWAYS work, but it hey at least I know I'm being respectful  

sturtyt

jellysundae

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:35 am
This is an age old thing now, isn't it? How bratty kids are in general(at least when a parent isn't there to chastise them) and how much worse a lot of them are when they get online.

I will say that this site in particular seems to be a breeding ground for the most slap-worthy kind of teen and tween behaviour. Simply because there's so many of them, and the moderation and rules are slack, so they run riot.

I work on a much smaller site, and we can spot a stereotypical Gaian kid as soon as they start posting. The worst ones end up getting banned on their first day. Because they just run around spamming the place up and being complete jerks.

But I have to say, we get a LOT of young kids who have quit Gaia because of the other, badly behaved kids. They really aren't all bad. It's just that, same as in RL, the bad seeds cause the most trouble and are noticed more.

With the age thing, I hid my age from the users for a long time, because I didn't want the typical reaction, but I changed my mind earlier this year, and now it's displayed on my profile if people care to look. I haven't have one bad comment, not to my face anyway..but even the dumbest kid tends to know not to mouth off at someone who can ban them..

I just decided that it's up to them if they want to be so closed-minded about "old" people on the net. Some do express shock when they find out my age, because 37 IS positively ancient to them, of course. But most are cool with it. I like to think that it might open their minds just a tiny bit, but I don't hold out a huge amount of hope.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:56 pm
It happens to me all of the time, people getting weirded out by my literacy. xd  

Pink Mint Tea

Velouria Dragoon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:42 pm
This place is NOT the same as when I first joined. It makes me sad. I don't really try to talk to the general population of gaia anymore. They mostly ignore me anyhow. I am in certain guilds and threads because I know the people there from my early days and that is all.

If you really like avatar based websites, there is one that I go to that is more like gaia was in its early days. menewsha.com You get some of the idiots there too, but in general people aren't so greedy and they are nicer. If you check that place out, just be warned that their posting rules are different from gaia. Which is good, it means less spam!

I hang out in the Dragon Cave Anonymous Addicts thread there. I love that thread much more than the Dragon Cave guild on gaia that I am a member of. Best of all, the people in that thread are not 13! I haven't asked them their ages, but one has a daughter. I am guessing upper 20's but I don't know for sure. it's younger than me, but probably not mentally younger than me LOL (enough rambling from this geezer for now...)  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:49 pm
Three step-daughters all well younger than teen but already there language is getting bad but i'm a theatre tech so my language is colorful to say the least and she is a prison guard and S.W.A.T. member so her language isn't any better we try but when you drop a 50lb set piece on your foot the f-bomb drops soon after  

Filia_Nox_Noctis

Divinity Rage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:25 pm
I found a few good folks my age who I can get together with on a regular basis on here, it's made all the difference in the world.  
RL (Real Life) General Discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff