Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Parker School For Gifted Students (aka Hero High!)

Back to Guilds

A roleplay in which kids with superpowers can find themselves. 

Tags: school, roleplay, superhero, Heroes, comics 

Reply Hero High Main
Spring Semester Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Misconstrudel
Captain

5,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:36 am
((Post as Ethan! biggrin - Abby))  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:06 am
Java heard Ava's scream and dropped the box, the old lighter sparking as he did so. As he ran towards Ava and Harri, some of the fireworks ignited, and exploded - thankfully in the centre of the path and above it, away from trees. He'd have been pleased with how much of a badass he looked, but was more concerned about his wife... and his baby.
Reaching Ava, he barely noticed Harri. His concern was only for his wife.
There was a puddle beneath her, which meant her waters must have broken. Judging from the way she was clutching her stomach, Evie was on her way. Two months early.
He held her to him, and pulled out his phone, speed-dialling Dr Lanes as he followed Ava's gaze...

Hearing the fireworks, Bethan managed to push her way through her former peers, and see what was going on.
What she saw made her stop for a second, in shock. Heart thumping, she took in the large area of mud, to the right of the main entrance and just before the path to Ava and Java's cottage. She saw Ava bent over in pain, with Java at her side, both looking at something. She saw Harri sprawled across the ground, her feet in the mud but her head on the hard earth. Something crimson had mixed with the dirt and grass, glinting in the now unwelcome sunshine that was peeking through the clouds.
Bethan screamed in anguish, and began trudging through the mud. When her shoes got stuck, she put up a forcefield and walked on the surface, leaving them behind.
Despite her medical training, when she got there all she could do was take one look at Harri's glassy eyes, and the pooling blood, and stand there, tears silently rolling down her cheeks.

Misconstrudel
Captain

5,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

Valerian Eclipse
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:17 am
Ethan stood for a solid second as he watched from a distance. For a second he wasn't very sure what was going on, but something was wrong. He looked past Java and Ava to see Harri's crumpled body and Bethan standing near her. "Harri!" He yelled and ran towards her. He quickly kneeled and gently shook her shoulders. He ran his bloody hands through his hair and was prepared to pull it all out. Ethan's head snapped in the direction of Bethan and he said, "Bethan! Get over here! You're like some genius right?! Help!" He was actually somewhat annoyed with her. Ethan reached and brushed Harri's hair out of her face.

"Ah, this is soo gross!" Ava cried loudly. She turned her face away from where Harri was and tried to focus on breathing properly. The combination of the death of Harri and the baby made her panic.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:39 pm
Bethan snapped out of it, and rushed to Harri's side, tears streaming down her face. "Don't take that tone with me, Ethan! Look at her!" She put two fingers to Harri's neck, then tried her wrist. "Do you want me to try CPR on a corpse?" A hand in front of the mouth a nose confirmed no breathing. "Emergency resuscitation?" She was screaming at him now, her mascara running down angry red cheeks. "I'm pretty sure you can't resuscitate somebody who's dead! DEAD!"
She fell to her knees and sobbed.

[[Java post next]]  

Misconstrudel
Captain

5,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

Misconstrudel
Captain

5,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:01 pm
After a second of staring numbly at Harri, Java turned too. "Yep, giving birth is gross, love, but worth it, right? Just think of Evie."
He found his phone; he'd dropped it when he saw Harri. "Laney, still there?" Harri's nickname for the doctor sounded odd when he said it - he didn't even know why he had said it. "Ava's gone into labour, you need to come right away. And send someone else as well. Something's happened to Harri... Bethan and Ethan will need taking care of." His voice was hollow, but he pushed the feeling of weirdness down and got back to the task at hand. "I'll get her to the hospital wing."
Ms. Hannigan had appeared, along with two bulky-looking kids carrying a stretcher. She took one look at Harri, then turned to Ava.
"Mrs. Suresh? Can you lie down on this? We'll carry you in and get you some painkillers. Everything's going to be okay." Her voice was calm as she steeled her nerves against this whole situation.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:11 pm
Becca pushed her way through the crowd - a crowd that had grown with the explosion of fireworks. A lot of people had fallen into a deep muddy patch that seemed to appear from nowhere - reaching the front of the mass of students, Becca herself sank in one foot before wrenching it out.
"Crud, I lost my pump! That was a designer..." she trailed off as she glanced up, and her gaze was caught on the scene before her.
Death. With powers such as hers, Becca could almost feel it in the air. She didn't need o hear the scream of Bethan's diagnosis to know that Harri had passed on - it was the same feeling she got from dead grass, or the students she killed, though she always brought them back to life.
The blonde haired student looked at her palms briefly, then at Har- no, the body. She opened her mouth as if to say something but her gaze was drawn up to the stricken face of Ethan. With a very slight narrowing of her periwinkle eyes and a sick taste upon her tongue, she bit back her words, and melted once more into the crowd.

February had followed her singing mentor through the crowd, and as Becca left, finally managed to jump in front of the surge of pupils.
She plunged calf-deep into the mud, but didn't try to climb out; it took all the strength in her legs to move them through the gloppy dirt, but she slowly moved, little by little - though she was nowhere near close enough.
"Harri!" February tried to yell, but her voice caught in her throat, trapped by the tightness that she knew meant tears. Her legs ached after moving two metres through the mud, but she frantically tried to lift her feet out with her arms, merely suceeding in getting more stuck.
Strong arms lifted the fourteen-year-old out of the muck and back to the dryer bank of ground. Hopelessly muddy and mutely distraught, February turned and buried her head in her brother's chest. Cam rubbed her back, and from the contact, borrowed her power momentarily to fly them over the patch of mud, landing haltingly a few metres away from Bethan.
Feb clung to Cameron as he pushed her softly to the ground. Once February was sitting, Cameron walked quickly but calmly to Bethan.
"Miss James," his voice was calm and expressionless, and only two people in the world would've been able to hear the sadness there, "I'm sorry for your friend, but she's beyond your help. I know you want to mourn, but right now your other friend needs you urgently - and you can actually save her life, and her baby's. Please, Miss James." he urged her to composure.  

Eisette
Vice Captain

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Valerian Eclipse
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:51 pm
Ethan was still on his knees. He heard exactly what Bethan was saying, but for some reason he just couldn't process it. He took one last look at Harri, her blue hair covered in blood and he decided he couldn't look any longer. He rose onto his feet and paused for a second. His eyes weren't the soft brown that they usually were, now they seemed hard as his misery rose. Then he started to run toward the mud and the crowd.
Ethan trudged through the mud easily and pushed his way through the crowd. His sprinting took his into the school. He just knew that he couldn't stand there and watch Harri for a second longer. He didn't want to remember her as being dead. Once he stopped running, he was alone in an empty hallway he stopped to catch his breath. He examined his bloody hands and then leaned his head against the wall. He banged his fists against the wall in anger and water droplets flowed down his cheeks.

Ava took a deep breath once more before turning towards Ms. Hannigan. She nodded and said in her calm headmaster voice, "Yes, that sounds like a great plan. Thank you for the help Ms. Hannigan." Then she carefully and steadily got herself to sit on the stretcher. She then closed her eyes.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:17 am
Java almost grinned at how well she was coping. Almost. Instead, he kissed her on the forehead after they'd lifted her up, and whispered something so only she could hear it. Then he nodded to Ms. Hannigan, who nodded back, a grim look in her eyes, and told the boys to carry Ava in to the medical room.
Java followed, a shadow across his face again as he wondered if his wife and daughter would be okay.

Bethan said nothing, just stayed there on her knees in the mud, staring blankly at Harri. Then she slowly got up, eyes locked on Harri, and spoke.
"Cameron, I'm not a doctor - of anything. I have an honorary PhD and I'm working on several ones, but..." She turned to him, eyes steely. If it were possible for grey eyes to blaze, they would have. "I can't save lives. As is obvious." She eyes flickered towards Harri. "Ava doesn't need me getting in the way of things. She has Java for that."
She resumed staring at Harri, blocking everyone out for a few minutes, at least. Then she seemed to flicker, like she was on an old TV.
Bethan stood, invisible to everyone around her, and watched, tears creeping down her face again as she heard her best friend's voice.
"When I was a kid I hated them; being here changed that, y'know. With all you guys, I realised how useful they are, how they can help people instead of hurting them like I originally thought." Harri smiled, glancing over at Ava briefly. She lowered her hands with a grin.
"Now to let out the zoo," she said excitedly, rushing to the edge of the large muddy patch, "Just gotta get rid of the-"
As she spoke, she was lifting her hands to move the fog away - but Harri was energetic, and she had miscalculated how sodden the ground really was; even the non-churned mud was shifting, and with her sudden movement, her world shook.
Harri slipped so fast that she didn't even have time to cry out - her gymnast's balance had her reaching out to Ava wordlessly as she fell back, leg's kicking from beneath her. Her alarm and waving hands excited the powers, and tornado-gust blew her backwards, narrowly missing her best friend as she was thrown forcefully into the ground with her own powers.
If she had fallen forward into the mushy mud, she would have been greeted with a softer landing - but she cracked her head into the ground untreated by the seemingly harmless prank.
Ava's head was turned away from Harri and scratched her head, "Oh yeah, you should probably..." Her voice trailed and suddenly she heard a loud thud. Her head snapped back in Harri's direction and she gasped. "Harri? Are you alright?" She started to panic when she saw the trail of crimson liquid covering Harri's hair. "Oh god, Harri!" Her hand touched the bright blood and was soon covered in it. "Help!" She screamed, "Someone help!"
Suddenly, Ava grabbed her belly with one hand while the other rested on her back. Her eyes began to flood with tears from the pain in her stomach and her worry for Harri. As loud as she could she yelled, "Java! Java! The baby."

"It all happened so fast..." Bethan whispered to herself. "So fast!" The last part was fully out loud, almost yelled, as she blinked back to a split second after she'd left. Her voice was full of relief and a bit of alarm, as she turned to Cam. "Cameron, you could lift me, right? I need to get to Ava now!" She pulled out her phone and dialled Chris. "Chris? I need to do that energy sucking thing... Yes, and It's going to be worse than normal. You're going to need to sit down for this... I'll explain when I get back." The urgency in her voice would stop him calling back, and make him more conducive to what she was about to do. It was weird; she could only time travel after a large burst of emotion, and it drained her. To do what she was about to do, she'd need Chris as well.

Misconstrudel
Captain

5,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

Valerian Eclipse
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:47 am
((DUN DUN DUUUUN!!! What's gonna happen?! :O xD
Hmm...I'm not sure what to post. I guess we're kinda waiting on Abi right? ))  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:48 am
((Sorry sorry sorry! I was online, but got caught up in Stargate things~))

Cam was confused at how quickly Bethan's thoughts seemed to swing around, but he nodded anyway, not letting the emotion appear on his face.
"Alright." he said, and with an apologetic gesture for the contact, scooped up Bethan's frame in his arms; despite her being older, Cam was muscular, and he managed as he flew Bethan right to the wide window of the medical room - luckily open. As he let her down onto the inside sill, he glanced in at Ava, a shadow of worry flickering across his face. Cam sat on the window ledge, sticking around in case Bethan needed him again, but turned around to give Ava privacy, staring down at the pandemonium. Below, Jo was working hard amongst the crowd on trying to turn the ground normal, whilst February was kneeling by Harri's body, tears on her young face. Cam winced - he wished his little sister hadn't seen the body at all, though when he flew over, he hadn't fully realised how hopeless Harri's situation was. He silently wished for Annita's calm presence throughout this.  

Eisette
Vice Captain

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Valerian Eclipse
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:26 am
((Damn! I never knew that Cam could fly! If i knew that i would have him flying Annita EVERYWHERE!!!))

Ava's bright emerald eyes finally opened and she noticed that she was in the medical wing and Bethan was standing beside her. "Bethan? What are you doing?" She asked curiously, a confused expression taking over most of her face. A sharp pain came from her belly and she moaned a loud, "Argh" sound.

Annita had found herself hopelessly caught in the middle of the crowd of students. Since she was barely five feet tall, all of the other kids towered over her. Her odd silver hair cascaded in waves down her shoulders and back and made her stand out in the crowd. Though she was visually challenged, she understood what was going on from whispers in the crowd. She could also hear the wet, mushy sound of thick mud and Feb's crying. She automatically became worried for the girl and used all the strength she should muster to push through the crowd.
Annita also trudged her way through the mud, which wasn't as thick now, thanks to the help of Jo. She brushed off the fact that her grey skinny jeans and bright yellow halter top was now covered in the dark mud and kneeled beside February. She didn't say anything, just brushed the younger girl's hair in a motherly way.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:03 am
Bethan smiled, and took Ava's hand for a second. "It's okay, I'm just going to..." she paused, thinking her plan through and finding the right way to phrase it. "I'm going to slow you down a little, so they have more time to fix everything. I'll put a time distortion field around you and Evie, and it'll just be like everyone around you's going really fast, not like you're going extra slowly, okay?"

Java's eyes widened at what Bethan was proposing. It would certainly be better to stop the baby coming so fast. He looked at Ava; it was her decision.

[[I recommend a one line birth, like 'And then Evie got all born and stuff.'... but better.]]  

Misconstrudel
Captain

5,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

Eisette
Vice Captain

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:25 am
((Techinically, he can't usually xD He can use other people's powers (after he touches them) for about an hour, then the power disappears again. Feb's the one that can fly, so he yoinked it off her : D))

February was crying nearly silently now, though still thick as ever, and she knelt still as a statue but for the tears falling freely down her face. However, when Annita came to sit beside her she flinched, before realising who it was.
Feb threw her arms around Annita and buried her head in the blind girl's shoulder, crying quietly - she paid no heed to the mud, seeing as she was covered in it herself. For that moment, she was just a little girl sitting next to death, taking comfort in her friend.
From the window sill, Cam's blank resolve broke, and he smiled sadly yet pridefully as he saw Annita make her way to February. His attention was so caught by his girls (as he proudly thought of them) that he didn't even hear Bethan's proposition.

((D'aww, saddity.))  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:36 pm
Ava raised an eyebrow at Bethan. Under normal circumstances, she would have never let her do this. She wasn't one to take risks. But she looked at her belly and then nodded. It was the best thing to do for them. "Okay, but as long as there aren't any dreadful side effects." So she let Bethan do her freaky time thing. Everything seemed to speed up around her. After a couple of minutes and some pain, Evie eventually was out. And she was beautiful. ((YAAAY))

Annita's eyes widened when she felt February grab her. She was glad that she did so. This whole thing seemed to be making them bond more, and Annita liked that. Knowing it was better to say nothing at all, she couldn't help but whisper in Feb's ear, "She'll be fine. And she'll be back. Nothing bad can happen to Harri, we all know that..." Annita knew that at this moment, Ava had probably already had her baby and a new life had begun.  

Valerian Eclipse
Vice Captain

Misconstrudel
Captain

5,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:45 am
Bethan fell to the ground, her energy momentarily drained, as she collapsed the time field. After a few seconds lying on a pillow placed by an orderly with good reflexes, her brain got enough blood, and she sat up, smiling weakly.
"Cool, a baby. Nice one, Ava."

Java grinned as he saw his daughter. His very, very small daughter. Looking at Ms Hannigan, he saw her nod calmly. Bethan might have been gone a while, but there were still some very good science students at Hero High. After Kara had been given the growth serum a few years ago, trace amounts had been left in her blood for a few hours after. These had been found in a blood test, then extracted. A group of students had been working on synthesising the serum for a while, and it seemed they'd managed it.
"Hey, Evie." he said, beaming at her, then looking up at Ava and beaming at her too, before kissing her on the forehead.

Ms Hannigan took some blood from the tiny baby to check for inherited diseases, healing it so quickly Evie didn't have time to feel it. Evie was so small, she'd need to be put in an incubator as soon as possible, before anything could attack her undeveloped immune system. Then they could begin dosing her with the growth serum.  
Hero High Main

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff