The Adventures of a Demon Cop and a Paranoid Hunter Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Guardian_Fairy_Navi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:28 am
User Image

Jed lay still for a few seconds, just breathing. He'd landed on his duffle bag. Bad luck on that; he'd heard a few things break in there. Behind him, an unfamiliar voice spoke. Crap. Two of them. With his back to the one who spoke, Jed had the box obscured. Wheezing, the old man appeared to be short of breath, as if the fall had knocked the wind from his lungs. In reality, the sounds were perfect for obstructing other noises, such as his sly sleight of hand.

The old man struggled to his feet, box in one hand. He turned to face his opponent, hands in the air. "Couldn't you have made your offer before I jumped out of the car?" he asked dryly.

Perhaps landing on the bad was a blessing in disguise? It affording him the perfect opportunity to shuffle the deck, joker tucked up his sleeve. Or in this case, the prize now marinating in a nice salty bath. He knew that salt water would come in handy on this trip!

"What kind of guarantee do I have that you'll actually let me walk away from this? Why not just kill me and take it? No witnesses." Stalling for time. Yes sirree. Hurry it up Seth! There's no way that smokey b*****d did you in! And if he did? Jed would suffer some serious second hand embarrassment on the demon's behalf.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:36 am
"Ain't my call, if I was in charge I'd have just flipped the car and took it. As for killing, well I thought about it. I was just told to get the gun, not kill you. That'll cost extra." The firey man said with a shrug, eyes focused upon the old man.

The smoke rose up from the car, but it swirled violently and seemed to be a massive cloud than what it was before. Waves of smoke slammed into the ground, some of it seemed a pure black while some seemed gray. The vehicle now exposed showed Sergeant Daniels with his head against the steering wheel, mouth ajar with a blank expression on his face. He was obviously unconscious, which is odd seeing how demons can't really be knocked out.

"Well now, seems like ya friend there ain't comin to help ya. So give it here."  

Whole Lotta AHHHH

Trash Smoker

Guardian_Fairy_Navi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:57 pm
User Image

The gun, everyone wanted the stupid gun. Well Jed wasn't about to let it go without a fight, because chances were, Zephyr would come back for some unhealthy revenge. Unhealthy for Jed that is.

Of course he could 'hand the box over', but if he didn't fight back, at least a little, the walking inferno might become suspicious. The hunter's eyes briefly raked the car and the unconscious cop. 'I really hope you're playing possum,' Jed thought, because he wouldn't put it passed a demon to abandon ship and leave their host to save their own skin. However a demon of Seth's caliber taken out so easily? Jed wasn't so sure.

The man stood facing his opponent, seemingly debating with himself. His shoulders slumped a fraction as he came to a decision. "Sure as hell ain't worth my life," he mumbled. Jed placed the box on the ground before him and kicked it toward the man of flames.

When the guy stooped to pick up the box, Jed would pull his side arm and fire off a few rounds Unlike his shotgun still in the car, Jed's colt wasn't loaded with rocksalt. Little did the hunter know, regular ammunition probably wouldn't do much against his current opponent either. Eh, gotta live and learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:52 am
Infernus grinned at Jed's words, finally victory has been achieved. "Now there's a good man, you know when to fold." The pyro laughed lightly as the box was kicked over to him, crouching down to pick it up. Then the air was filled with the cracks of a firearm as the hunter fired off a few rounds. It showed as they tore through Infernus' body, but instead of blood from the wounds flames licked out of the holes. "Shouldn't have done that old timer." Infernus stated with a scowl as the holes in his body closed up. Infernus' emerald eyes shined as his flesh turned to fire, resembling a fire elemental. "Now then, how do you like you flesh? Rare, medium, well done? BURNT TO A CRISP?!" With those final words the firey being lashed at him with a whip made of flames as the smoke cloud overhead kept swirling.  

Whole Lotta AHHHH

Trash Smoker

Guardian_Fairy_Navi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:21 am
User Image

The man didn't even try to dodge. For a brief moment, Jed really thought his opponent was caught off guard and suffered the penalty; that thought was quickly dashed over the leaking flames vanishing, leaving behind not a trace of the bullet wounds aside from torn clothing. Flame elemental. Oh hell.

He was most assuredly not equipped to fight any fire based enemies today. Jed was rolling away, strap to his duffle pulled along for the ride as he not so gracefully evaded the flames. Boy was that smarts! Gravel dug into his bleeding road rash. Fire. Need cover. Seth and his current plight was shoved aside as Jed focused on keeping his own hide from being flambeed.

The old man was huffing as he scrambled for his life, breathing too heavy to offer a sarcastic retort. Jed dropped a small, cylindrical item from a hidden pocket in his now heavily singed jacket, the hunter squeezing his eyes closed and counting to five. A bright flash illuminated the area, hopefully blinding his attacker while Jed sought cover.

The hunter found himself crouching near the squad car, instincts carrying him toward something he could potentially use to his advantage. Or, you know, something that could blow up in his face with fire. Like the gas tank.

Wait... squad car. Seth was possessing an officer and seemed keen on playing that part. Which meant he would comply to legal regulations.... Oh yes, this could work. The old man's lips curled upward in an almost inhuman grin of glee. A bullet to loosen the lock, not sorry Seth. Some rummaging around and.... paydirt!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:54 pm
The bright light from the flash bang didn't faze Infernus, but the loud as hell burst from it did. His form shuddering for a moment as he tried to clear his mind of the screeching sound. "God damn it old man! I tried to keep it civilized! But no!" Looking around once the disorientation was worn off, the pyro was not agitated and his growing flames showed it. A crackling came from the swirling cloud of smoke before gray droplets began to drizzle down, some kind of odd liquid that was similar to tar. Infernus sizzled as the stuff burned away on his flames. "Alright old man, time for you to dance." With those words Infernus stared at Jed who was at the trunk of the car, with a swing of his arm a small wave of fire washed across the ground towards Jed's feet.  

Whole Lotta AHHHH

Trash Smoker

Guardian_Fairy_Navi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:16 am
User Image

Jed hefted his prize. It was a thing of beauty! He had only a few moments to revel in his victory before the fire bug was on him again. "Dammit!" he shouted, indeed dancing away from the flames. If he stood in one place too long, he was bound to melt right to the road.

The fire licked at his heels, nearly setting his pants on fire. The man tripped as he scrambled out of the line of fire. He was now lying face down, a perfect target. That's it pyro, just a bit closer.... His hand pulled the pin for the fire extinguisher clutched to his chest.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:43 pm
Infernus released an annoyed sigh, he was tired of this silliness. "You know, this is your own fault. I wouldn't be after you if you hadn't shot me." The firebug said as his firey form floated above the ground, moving slowly towards Jed. The black drizzle continued as he got closer and closer, soon enough he was upon the old man. "I'll let it go, let you go. If you'll just give up. You can walk away from this." Pausing for a moment as his flames danced about. "It doesn't have to be like this old man."  

Whole Lotta AHHHH

Trash Smoker

Guardian_Fairy_Navi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:47 am
User Image

Well now there was a problem with 'walking away'. In his gut, Jed felt this fiery manifestation wouldn't let him go without any retaliation. Oh yeah maybe he wouldn't hunt Jed down today or tomorrow, but eventually he'd come a knockin'. That and Jed really wanted Zephyr's soul taken care of. There is no way he'd let that piece of pig foot rot get free and continue to wreak havoc.

"No," Jed disagreed as he rolled over, his prize held tightly. The nozzle was aimed for the creature looming above him. Jed squeezed the handle, letting the white foam spring forth and do its job on the creature. "I think it does."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:58 am
"Have it your way then." Infernus said with a laugh as he prepared to scorch Jed to cinders, but then the man rolled over as he was still mid laugh. A split second of a pause and before he knew it he was being blasted with white foam. Mouth still open causing some of the chemical to get in his throat as his flames were extinguished. Body returning to human as he began to gag and vomit from the stuff that got in his mouth. Dropping to his knees to press his hands to the ground as he hurled violently. The vomit itself seemed to steam showing that even without the flames Infernus' body heat was extremely high.  

Whole Lotta AHHHH

Trash Smoker

Mini-Adventures

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas