Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
I officially have a real job! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did your school ever get cancelled for snow?
  Yes, if anything stuck to the ground
  Yes, but only if it was substantial
  Nope, even in a blizzard we only got delayed
  Snow...? What is that?
View Results

BlueCowGirl
Vice Captain

Questionable Millionaire

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:16 am
Eviesee645
So yeah!
I've been hired as a curriculum assistance teacher at a local high school. Basically my class teaches students with learning and other disabilities study and life skills as well as help them to complete their work for other classes.
I'm taking the place of the teacher I did my student teaching with. This past week was my first week as an official lead classroom teacher... and four of the days were snow days sweatdrop
still it's been awesome so far and I'm super excited mrgreen

sooooo awesome for you !!! and so rewarding... good luck!!!!
I love my job but teaching at a school would be toooo crazy for me... i like smaller groups like in riding lessons or just my one client...

Update !!! update!!! update!!! on u'r job!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:29 pm
BlueCowGirl
Eviesee645
So yeah!
I've been hired as a curriculum assistance teacher at a local high school. Basically my class teaches students with learning and other disabilities study and life skills as well as help them to complete their work for other classes.
I'm taking the place of the teacher I did my student teaching with. This past week was my first week as an official lead classroom teacher... and four of the days were snow days sweatdrop
still it's been awesome so far and I'm super excited mrgreen

sooooo awesome for you !!! and so rewarding... good luck!!!!
I love my job but teaching at a school would be toooo crazy for me... i like smaller groups like in riding lessons or just my one client...

Update !!! update!!! update!!! on u'r job!!!

Ok! So far it's going really really well! My one super crazy class I finally feel like I have some level of control over, and I've led my first few IEP meetings where we create a plan for the student's education and disability, and they went really well even though I was nervous. I feel like I've really been able to help some of my students with their classwork biggrin

Also getting a real paycheck is kinda nice...  

Eviesee645

Hitched Sex Symbol

20,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Overstocked 200

BlueCowGirl
Vice Captain

Questionable Millionaire

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:20 pm
Eviesee645

Ok! So far it's going really really well! My one super crazy class I finally feel like I have some level of control over, and I've led my first few IEP meetings where we create a plan for the student's education and disability, and they went really well even though I was nervous. I feel like I've really been able to help some of my students with their classwork biggrin

What does IEP mean???? i am on Aspburgers FB page and i see that and I can never figure it out...
I know IPP is Individual Personal Plan... so I'm juess its Individual Educational Plan ???

I'm sooooo glad it's going well for you!!!!! it's awesome when you feel like your helping biggrin and know that you are doing good in the world.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:00 pm
BlueCowGirl
Eviesee645

What does IEP mean???? i am on Aspburgers FB page and i see that and I can never figure it out...
I know IPP is Individual Personal Plan... so I'm juess its Individual Educational Plan ???

I'm sooooo glad it's going well for you!!!!! it's awesome when you feel like your helping biggrin and know that you are doing good in the world.
Yup! Individualized Education Plan... sorry the world of special ed has a lot of TLAs (Three Letter Acronyms) and it's easy to start spitting them out without realizing that you make no sense to anyone else.

And thanks! I think it took me a little while to feel like I was doing a good job, but now I definitely do  

Eviesee645

Hitched Sex Symbol

20,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Overstocked 200

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:39 pm
Eviesee645

And thanks! I think it took me a little while to feel like I was doing a good job, but now I definitely do

Im on my third IEP program right now ninja

But yeah it takes a lot of experience before you can start doing things more naturally, knowing when to react what to do to best help someone (not just doing what the book says is best, because we know that books dont understand individuals), and then being able to self review and know when you did something right or what you can learn to better help others.

The more experience you get not only the better you will be able to do, but the better you will be able to self review and know where you are excelling ^_^  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff