Welcome to Gaia! ::

Academy X: A X-Men RPG (Accepting Apps)

Back to Guilds

A literate, paragraph X-Men (Marvel) Role Playing Game 

Tags: X-Men, Marvel, Superhero, Advanced Literate, Paragraph 

Reply X-Chronicles (Completed Story Arc's)
Story XXIII [23] - Underground (IC Thread) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 49 50 51 52 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Phoibe Vail

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:30 pm
User Image
The Omegas: Jet
|1448|

"If you find a man that's worth a damn and treats you well.
Then he's a fool, you're just as well, hope it gives you hell.
I hope it gives you hell.
Tomorrow you'll be thinking to yourself.
Yeah, where did it all go wrong?
But the list goes on and on."

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

The time after the mission could be described as… Boring. A good chunk of the people he hung out with were gone, but thankfully there were still a few that stuck around. Not to say that he didn’t spend a lot of time running around the city to make up for things, but it was still nice to have people to entertain himself with. And there was a good bit to entertain himself with. Granted some of them probably wanted to kill him by now.

Raine for example had chosen to try and start some pranking war which had not been going well for her. She lacked the ingenuity he did when it came to pranks. Not to mention the ability to do something in the blink of an eye. Even with her getting help from another dark haired cutie, Bianca or something like that, the girls were losing terribly. It wasn’t entirely their fault. They just weren’t made for this sort of thing.

The rest of his time was spent flirting and teasing others. The list wasn’t incredibly huge, but he worked with what he had. As the fated day of moving came, Felix had insisted on running to their new home and not have to fly, but it had then been insisted he go with everyone else. On his way back through the school and leaving the office, an open door showed that Aurelie was still packing. Him informing the Alpha that it was almost time to go was met with the expected reaction. Her silent insinuations that he shouldn’t scare her being met with a miniscule smile.

It wasn’t much longer after that the blond handed him a pair boxes and mentioned him carrying them. Oh what an amateur. She didn’t even try to barter with him over payment or anything. The young woman just proceeded to shove the boxes at him and enlist his help without any thought. He could have fun with this. The trips he took back and forth showed just how much shopping the blond had done in her absence. “What did you decide to buy a store?” The speedster remarked at one point.

At one point Felix smiled and chuckled at her rookie mistake. Her question met simply with a mischievous smile while he continued to help her put things back and forth. When he finally took a seat on the jet Aurelie took the one next to him and thanked him with a kiss on his cheek. Her statement about owing him big time finally getting him to speak on the subject. Grinning a smile that was equal parts teasing and mischievous, the Omega responded to her suggestively. “You have no idea, blondie.” Her sudden freezing up making him chuckle more.

The skeptical expression she sent towards him showed Aurelie wasn’t sure what he meant. And Felix liked it that way. Her questions were met with silence for a few moments while he let the dread and nervousness build. “I can think of a few things, but really... I would rather keep them a surprise. Let's just say you are... In my debt…”, trailing off the speedster gave her a perfectly neutral gaze that gave nothing away.

Her eyelid twitched for a moment in response and Felix mentally chalked this up as a win. Her statements were met with the hint of a smile. “Whatever you have to tell yourself blondie. By the way... I think I noticed some... Interesting lingerie when muling your boxes back and forth…” He trailed off, the pause dramatic. “You should model them for me later as a thank you. That isn't going to pay me back... But it's a start.” The words hit home as immediately her face flushed with color.

A smirk finding it’s way to her lips. “Embarrassment is a good color on you.” He stated in a manner that was not unlike a compliment. She was quick to make sure he knew that she didn’t hand him that box. Inadvertently informing him that there was a box just like that without meaning to. As she told him she wasn’t modeling them for him, he smiled knowingly.

Oh if Aurelie only knew what she’d accidentally done. “No... No you didn't... But you did just confirm such a box exists. Also… Your lips say no, but your hips say yes…”, he whispered back to the blond suggestively. As Aurelie was clearly feeling frustrated, Felix glanced around the jet in time to see Raine sitting farther ahead. Slipping a hand in his jacket pocket he produced a piece of paper that was reduced to dozens of spitballs in a matter of moments.

Returning the spitballs to his pocket, Felix proceeded to pelt one of them at Raine’s head. Followed by at least three more before Aurelie responded to him. “That doesn’t mean I won’t get to see them either blondie.” With that Felix decided to spread around the chaos a little, pelted a few other random, and not so random people with the wadded up pieces of paper. Not hard enough to hurt, just hard enough to annoy.

Then an idea crept up into his head and Felix froze, as if something were occurring to him for the first time. Turning to Aurelie, he stared at her in an indecipherable way for a few moments before speaking quietly. “You know… I ever noticed how beautiful you were…”, trailing off he let his hand reach out and grasp hers lightly. His fingers tracing lines in her palm for a moment. Still looking at her, he suddenly slipped one of the wads into her upturned palm, then grasping her wrist pulled her hand back and proceeded to make her throw the wad at Aren.

Afterwards the speedster let go of her wrist and began laughing to himself. “You should have seen the look on your face. Totally deer in the headlights.” He mused to her with a wink. “It’s nice to have you back blondie.” He said next in all sincerity.

“You know, you almost had me there.” She said, wiping her palm onto her jeans. “And if I hadn't thought maybe that Aren might deserve it for being cheeky one time or another, I would have stopped it. This is not exactly the kind of spit girls want to swap, FYI.”

Chuckling, Felix looked to the blond with a raised eyebrow. “If it was spit you wanted all you had to do was ask darling.” He replied with a suggestive smirk.

“I'm not into slobber.” She said while scrunching her nose.

“I didn't say slobber.” Felix replied easily. “I can show you exactly what I mean if you like.” The speedster said leaning closer suggestively and with a wink. As if leaning in for a kiss.

She scoffed disbelievingly, tossing her blond curls over one shoulder before leaning in close the distance between them. Only, a shield a hair's breadth wide separated them. “You might get further with that, if you don't suggest my modeling again.”

Raising an eyebrow, the speedster surveyed her with something hidden. “Ironic really… Because if it goes in that direction… It might lead to modeling anyway…”, the man whispered back leaning forward even more until he was touching the shield erected between them. Playing a form of kiss chicken with the young woman that was obviously going nowhere with the shield, she would still have to back away first as he was perfectly content just sitting in place leaned in like that. With how close they were, from the back it would be easy to think they actually were locking lips.

Not that he would have cared if they were.

Her eyes rolled toward the skies at his remark about modeling. “One kiss doesn't always lead to that. Obviously you need to find some classier girls.” He kept on her shield, refusing to back away. Raising an eyebrow, she couldn't fight the snickering building within her. She shrugged, refusing to move. He'd have to give up first.

Unfortunately she seemed to underestimate how stubborn he could be when it came to something the man wanted to win. “It depends on how good of a kisser the other person is. And I assure you my skills are top notch. Clearly you haven’t actually kissed anybody with any kind of knowhow. I’ll be delighted to educate you. Besides... I said might.” At her shrug, the young man also shrugged. “I’m not budging, and unless you want to do this for real… As I am obviously fast enough to sneak one in, you should back up now blondie… Otherwise I might go thinking you’re sweet on me…”, and she wouldn’t want that…

(OOC: PM me if I missed something. Aurelie added by Cavorted. Disclaimer: Felix is an a*****e, and his views do not necessarily coincide with those of Master Cliff Fate. Except when it comes to those damn homo sapiens. The bastards...)

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

"Truth be told I miss you.
And truth be told I'm lying.
When you see my face.
Hope it gives you hell, hope it gives you hell.
When you walk my way.
Hope it gives you hell, hope it gives you hell."

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:28 pm
User Image

User Image

ғυcк ωιтн мє αи∂ чoυ ωιℓℓ sєє
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxBOW TO ME AND HAIL TO ME

LYDIA ORCHID AUTUMNO M E G APREHENSILE HAIRP L A N E
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXFALL TO YOUR KNEES AND HAIL TO THE FREAKS ☠ LOOK AT ME AND YOU WILL SEE
WE BOW TO NONE. WE STAND AS ONE.

User Image

Current Outfit: [Drop][Dead][Gorgeous]

Admittedly, Canada had been the last place the hair manipulator was thinking they would be going. It was just so… cliché, like when a bank robber decides to go to Mexico to escape authorities. It was almost too obvious. But then, where better to hide than the obvious? No one would even consider that they would in such a stupidly obvious place. It was foolproof. And stupid. Very, very stupid. But hey, what did they have to lose at this point anyway? The little bald man in the wheelchair decided it was time to pack up and eave until things with the Sentinels boil over. Yeah, because that was how it always worked, wasn't it? Things just boiled over when it came to the X-Men. And if you put a tooth under your pillow while you sleep at night, a magical fairy will come from the ether and replace that tooth with a dollar. Still, at least they were going to place where everyone was supposed to be nice and gentle, right? Was that the stereotype? Though one could never be sure. So far all the Canadians she'd met had been the exact opposite of that; but then, all the Canadians she'd met so far had been Wolverine. Wolverine was many things, but nice and gentle were not words one could ever use to describe him.

Wherever this new base in Canada was, though, the thing she dreaded most was the fact that they would be surrounded by snow. Even after years spent in New York and facing its winters, the woman wa not even close to accustomed to the cold. In fact, her body almost completely rejected it. Orchid was from massive dung heap known as Florida, from the lowest reaches of the bottom of the barrel cesspool that was Fort Lauderdale. Her body was simply not made for such cold, and even the thickest of coats barely helped for her, though the biker jacket she wore over her current getup would have to suffice for now. Didn't Canadians go to Florida for the winter for this exact reason? Oh well. She would deal with it just as she dealt with everything, with a smoke and a shrug, as well as a proclamation of her superiority over everyone and everything. Frankly, all she wanted to do was get back in the field more than anything. She wanted to go back to destroying Sentinels and snapping the necks of MRD idiots. That was all she wanted: violence, death, and gore for the humans en masse. She wanted to assert her dominion over the fools who thought they could oppress the superior species through their use in cowardly weapons like giant robots and guns and legislation made by men who still had their minds stuck in Puritan Salem.

It appeared their new home was also supposed to be underground as well. That certainly did not help matters, but were they to do? Magda, the girl sitting next to her seemed to be stuck on that fact. She lamented that, not only would she be freezing, but she would not be able to ride a moon. Because Canada. She chuckled lightly at the girl and her silly ideas. ”I dunno, we could always make the more feral members of our club go find some and capture them. We'll lead them along with chew toys on cords. We'll reward them with doggy treats and a scratch behind the ear if they're good.” Her eyes wandered around the X-Jet's interior as she spoke, her tone gleeful but almost dismissive as well. Orchid hated being stuck in a plane for hours every bit as much as Magda did; though to be fair, who actually did like being cooped up in a plane, ever? She was bored out of her skull, and the only thing keeping her from passing out just from the boredom was Magda and her entertaining ways. She removed a flask from the inner pocket of her jacket, opening it up and pouring some of the bourbon within into her mouth. Alcohol always made flights better. She closed the lid again, but held on to the flask for later. ”I can't argue with you there. What is the point of coming to Canada if not to ride a moose and eat maple syrup straight from the tap?”

Her eyes continued to wander around, looking for something interesting to give her attention to. One figure in particular caught her eye: one of the twins. It was a hard figure to not simply stare and gawk, given just how she looked. She honestly could not tell which of the twins it was, but she guessed that it was not Charlotte, but this guess could have been completely wrong on her part. The girl sat with a short Alpha she did not recognize, as well as one of Orchid's teammates, the Chameleon known as Daylia. There were others on her flight, of course. There was Aren sitting near the front with his giggling fangirls; how he hadn't strangled them yet was completely beyond the hair manipulator. Hell, if he asked, she would have gladly done the deed for him for free. There was another of her teammates, Jinx, sitting with another girl she did not know doing their own thing. Then there was Veritas seemingly practicing his brooding, and another Alpha boy not doing as well in his own brooding. And then, of course, there was Narcissa.

The hair manipulator felt a warm hand brush against her should just as she took another sip from her flask, the bourbon burning at the back of her throat after a few moments. The woman assured her that there was only a single “bloody” hour left to go. ”So there's still time for this flight to get exciting then? Good. But if we end up on that island from Lost and have to sleep huddled in pairs for warmth at night, I call dibs on one of the twins. I wouldn't even need a pillow.” She smiled at Magda as she gave her own complaints about how long they needed to stay on the flight. Orchid could easily empathize with the girl, but she kept any such complaints quiet. Magda was vocal enough for the both of them. ”Don't worry. If we're lucky we might get attacked by a Sentinel or Apocalypse or something mid-flight and won't even make it to our new home base! Hell, maybe we'll get hit by one of the Avengers' bad guys, like Loki or those Masters of Evil guys. Then we can be saved by them and I can try and seduce Spider-Woman or Ms. Marvel!” She swooned mockingly. ”A girl can dream.” By this point, Magda seemed almost desperate, and Orchid could not help but find the girl's helpless please flat out adorable. She stretched out an arm around the girl in a half hug. ”C'mere, sweetie. Drink up,” she said to Magda, offering her the flask in her hand.

User Image

Necrodancer Ghost

Feral Vampire

15,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Team Moira 200

Fhaux

Firebreathing Fox

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:35 am

User Image

Omega: Sparrow
                              Threat Level: Irritated

Peyton had almost immediately called home to tell her parents when she'd found out everyone would be relocating to Canada. They hadn't seemed thrilled at the news, but neither was she. She wanted to stay with the X-Men though, and if that meant moving then she was going to. Her parents had tried talking her into coming home at first, but they knew their daughter well enough to know that once she made a decision it was near impossible to sway her. That didn't mean the place sounded like somewhere she would be happy living. Hopefully it would be better in person than the images that had crept into her mind.

She'd already been feeling stir crazy from being cooped up in the mansion. Cramming her into a jet to move to some underground hell hole did nothing to alleviate the situation. Actually, a hell hole would probably be more inviting. They were going to be living underground in some God forsaken, frozen wasteland. At least that was what she pictured in her mind. Wasteland she could handle. Nevada was basically a wasteland, after all. Cold... well she wasn't completely thrilled about it but she didn't mind it so much. Reno had cold winters - it was nice for working out. It probably wasn't as cold in Reno as it was in Canada, but she would adapt. It was the living underground part that really bothered her. She liked fresh air and wide open spaces, and with her ability they were definitely more suited for her. Now she would be living in a hole in the ground. God only knew how the place would handle her. She had to assume it was accommodating of everyone's abilities. She couldn't have been the only one with an ability that probably shouldn't be trapped... in a hole in the ******** ground.

The hot tempered blonde was known to have a bit of energy. After all, rage could be exhausting. If she didn't have excess energy, too many people would get away without her tongue impaling them in sharp verbal beatings. And the longer she sat in her seat, the more she felt like she needed to get up. Her body actually felt like it might explode. Well, maybe that was being a little dramatic, but it did seem her energy was building up as a pressure inside of her that she needed to release. She breathed a deep sigh - which sent a light breeze billowing through the jet in front of her - and it helped the slightest bit. It probably would have helped more if she hadn't needed to be careful with her lungs.

Fidgeting and shifting in her seat were constant occurrences. She'd never done well with long trips, and they were always poison to her mood. It didn't help when Magda started kicking the back of her seat. She couldn't help huffing her frustration, her eyes finding a spot on the top of the jet to burn a hole in with her glare. Head shook only slightly as she tried to keep her temper at bay, but it was useless. She could have asked nicely for the girl to stop. It probably would have worked too. But Peyton had never been known for handling issues peacefully. Instead she peeked through the gap between her seat and the one next to her to confront her. "You know it's rude to kick the back of someone's seat?" The rhetorical question was biting in tone and her expression wasn't much more pleasant. But it was about as nice as she could force herself to be right now. And she really was trying.

She and Magda were both friends with Orchid. Did that make them friends by association? She didn't have anything against the girl. Honestly, she was cute and at the very least not a complete moron, which was more than the blonde could say for half the people she dealt with on a daily basis. It was enough to garner the blonde's respect and 'friendly' side. And she did want to be nice to her, which was why she was even trying not to be outwardly vicious in the first place - successful or not. But circumstances were not in her favor, and being friends with the blonde wasn't a perfect defense against her temper. And anyone that spent much time with her would know that. But her bark was (usually) worse than her bite. She could easily fling people into oblivion but it was uncommon for her to resort to physical confrontation.

To be fair, there were many times that Peyton could be perfectly pleasant. She was friendly with people she actually liked, for the most part. She did have her moods where everyone needed to steer clear though, and this was quickly becoming one of them. Trapped in a jet for another ******** hour? She'd tried to sleep, but couldn't. Listening to music had helped for a while, but right now she just needed to get up and pace around, or run. Running would work the best. If only she had the room to do so.

Eyes turned to Orchid then, after she'd mentioned the possibility of being attacked during the flight. "I think I'd rather plummet to my death right now." she commented flatly. She could be a little dramatic when she was upset. But if it meant being put out of her misery... maybe. The next hour just needed to go quickly. She was already iffy on their new home, if she was going to be in a halfway decent mood when they arrived someone needed to help distract her from the actual flight. Anything. Even dealing with Roland or Felix sounded alright. But not Tara. Never Tara.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁____________

Y O U____________________________________________________
ARE DRIVING ME INTO PANIC____________________________
I KNOW THAT YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND IT___________________________
I'M CONSTANTLY SINKING_________________________
I'M NO LONGER THINKING_________________________________
SO LEAVE ME ALONE WHILE I'M_______________________________________
F R A N T I C____________________________

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:11 pm
User Image

User Image

User Image

☣ ☣

... My daily chicken soup for the soul ...
We're on a plane ******** style="font-size: 24px">
☣ ☣ ☣

... Where I'm consuming it ...
Middle of No Where, You should try it sometime.

☣ ☣

User Image

User ImageWas Aspen the only one honestly excited about being on a plane? Perhaps it was because it was the first time she'd ever been on one and the concept of flying thirty thousand feet or more in the air was a thrilling experience to her but she still didn't see why everyone else was bitching and moaning so much (aside from the fact she was in the company of Peyton and Orchid, of course, who were notorious for doing so). She also didn't take into account the fact that most people, unlike herself, would die if the plane happened to crash. Still, it wasn't THAT bad. Sure, sitting in one place for hours on end was a prospect that soon grew tiring but people could always look out the windows and enjoy the scener- clouds. At least there were snacks, albeit shitty pretzels and trail mix snacks but snacks nonetheless: at least they weren't starving.

"Oh come on guys," she voiced shamelessly to the group she happened to sit with (Magda, Orchid and Peyton) with a roll of her eyes and wave of her arms for emphasis, "it's not THAT bad!" Talk about ******** drama queens. She knew she was going to meet resistance for her comment, such was the nature of their group, but Aspen didn't mind. She was a big girl who could handle criticism and other people's opinions, otherwise she wouldn't be spending her time around these three of all people. Orchid made it no secret what her views are and neither did Peyton, that was for sure. She wasn't as familiar with Magda though she could only assume if she hung out with Orchid and Peyton that she was going to be similar. Only certain types of people made it within Orchid's and Peyton's social circles.

Aspen's eyes immediately lit up at the mention of a moose. That was definitely something she wanted to see in Canada, that and beavers and polar bears. She was really disappointed to discover that, in fact, Canadians did not live in igloos nor did they ride moose or polar bears to school and work. Personally, Aspen would have found them a lot more interesting if they did. "You can always abduct one and bring it with you!" The strange girl voiced enthusiastically. "I've heard that they're really good for eating so you'd probably be better off killing it than riding it anyhow. You have to take all that time to train it and making sure you aren't mauled to death by horns and hooves in the process. Seems like more trouble than it's worth to me." She absent-mindedly placed an index finger on her cheek while she pondered the idea. "Yup, definitely not worth it."

Immediately with Orchid's interjection on how they could convince one of the more 'feral members' of the group to go find a moose and capture it, Aspen eagerly volunteered herself, waving her hand as she did so. "Oh, oh! Pick me! What kind of treat will I get? I personally prefer those biscuitey ones in the shape of dog bones - they're not that bad when you're starving, I would definitely recommend them if you ever find yourself homeless and with nothing else to eat." She was utterly shameless in her matter-of-fact statements, likewise, they were no joke, she was utterly serious. It was simply how the gears turned in Aspen's head. No one really invested the time to try and figure her out and make sense of her: they either accepted her or didn't.

Her eyes lit up yet again at the mention of maple syrup, that s**t was ... THE s**t! The one time she'd had it, it had been in a hardened sucker form in the shape of a maple leaf and it had been hella good. "Oh my god! How could I forget maple syrup!? Thanks for reminding me! That's another thing on the list: maple syrup, killing moose, meese, mooses? beavers and polar bears. Oh! And meeting a mountie and stealing his hat. Tee hee, they're funny. I wonder how hard it will be to steal their hats. Maybe asking first would be easier." Again she fell silent as she dove into contemplation over the matter.

"If we're here," Aspen stated matter-of-factly, "for another hour that gives me plenty of time to see if I can completely empty the soap dispenser and see how long it takes them to replace it. I thought about TPing the washroom but I don't want to have to clean that s**t up if they figure out it was me. I don't have a very good poker face, I'd probably laugh as soon as someone walked in there." Abruptly, however, without warning she left her seat and immediately headed toward the bathroom. She was definitely intent on seeing if the soap dispensers were high tech and replaced themselves or if someone had to take notice of them.

Her absence was only a brief one (likely temporary relief for Peyton) and she soon returned to her seat smelling unsurprisingly, like soap. "Mmm," Aspen said as she sniffed herself all over, "at least their soap smells good. I would definitely recommend it if I hadn't completely emptied both dispensers. No one here even pays attention to whether you're going in the women's or men's bathrooms, talk about shitty security. Here, you should try!" She extended her arm over to Peyton in order for the grumpy omega to smell the soap she'd smothered herself in even though she was likely potent enough for the entire aircraft to smell. "At least it smells pretty in here now. I'm like an air freshener! Screw Febreeze!"

Was she akin to an ADHD child that could make a mess of anything? Yes. Did she care? Certainly not. Life was meant to be lived and as long as she was having fun that was definitely the important part of it all.

At Orchid's mention of the plane possibly getting attacked, Aspen merely grinned at the prospect: it would be very exciting to have a battle up in the air. Not only would it be her first air plane ride but it would be her first fight up in the sky. Two birds with one stone. However, Peyton's interjection about preferring to plummet to her death definitely caught the quirky Alpha's attention. "I'm pretty sure you wouldn't prefer that, it'd probably hurt a lot more than sitting in these shitty seats for an hour, not to mention you'd probably freeze on the way down. At least you'd instantly die when you hit the ground, I suppose. If you somehow managed to live, though, let me tell you, it hurts like a ******** b***h." She shrugged at the idea, hitting the ground to her didn't really make a difference so she was having to assume what would happen to other people who couldn't survive falls.

Feel it ... breathe it ... believe it ...

... And you'll be ...

User Image
Ⱥ§ρєȠ
User Image

... Walking on air ...

Go fly ... so high ...

User Image

Taibhse
Vice Captain

7,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300

iPixie Bunni

Dangerous Capitalist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:31 pm
User ImageUser Image

BLAME US BECAUSE WE ARE, WHO WE ARE
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxhate us because you'll never get that far
_____And who'd suppose, you would go . . .

I ' v e xx a l r e a d y xx l e a r n e dxx e n o u g h xx t o xx k n o w
xxxxxxxxxxxxx And xxherexx wexxare . . . xxforeign __toxx their xx world
xxxxxxxxxStraight xx and xxcomposed. xx Your xxsermonsxx I xxcouldxx do xxwithout.

xxxxxxxxx I'VE FINALLY FOUND THAT EVERYBODY LOVES TO LOVE YOU WHEN YOU'RE FAR AWAY

It occurred to her that perhaps she should part with some of her things, but when she stood looking into her closet, she justified packing everything, because she still wore all of it. Felix had arrived just in time to help make the loading it all that much faster, but she was certain that he'd been hit in the face a few times by the flying outfits when he came in to retrieve another set of boxes. He asked if she bought the whole store which caused a sheepish smile to cross her lips. "Not the whole store... But my sister works in the fashion industry and keeps me well supplied with the latest trends."

And... being a fit model for some of the upcoming shoots, she had been able to pick out a few copies of her favorites. In truth, her sister had every girl's dream job and Aurelie loved to be her shadow on those days.

Once the room had been emptied, she and Felix took seats next to each other on the plane. As per custom, she smiled and gave him a quick peck on the cheek, grateful for his help. After all the decency she'd seen in him while he helped her without complaining about her running him harder than a mule with a heavy cart, she actually believed he'd grown up a little in the down time. And then the real Felix made an appearance - claiming he'd come to collect his debt later.

When he mentioned her giving him a private show compiled of the prize pieces in her lingerie box, she visibly twitched and adamantly denied that she had given him that package to carry. A tide of color swept over her face, but she pressed on with their banter - even after he pointed out her embarrassment. "I hardly think moving a few boxes constitutes giving you memories to jerk off to later." She said sardonically.

"Please blondie, does this look like the body of someone who does that for themselves? I think not." Felix said, his tone both matter-of-fact and haughty. "Though your interest in my habits is noted and appreciated."

Putting her hands up in the air, her head shook in the negative. "Not interested so long as you don't think I'm going to be that person for you." She stated. "What you do or don't.... is most definitely your business." And not on her need-to-know list.

She vetoed his request, wanting very much to ignore the fact that she had confirmed that little tidbit for him. "It's not a stretch to assume that most, if not all of the women on campus have one of those boxes. "

If he continued to make her roll her eyes, there was a chance they might get stuck that way. "And hips don't speak unless you're Shakira."

"You just haven't had anybody good enough to make your hips speak apparently. Trust me when I say... Your hips would shout with me." Before she even opened her mouth to fire something back, he continued. "You keep shutting me down, but one of these times you're going to say yes and start mentally berating yourself for not saying yes sooner..."

"I'm not sure I should even equivocate that with a response." The blond started, an awkward look claiming her expression. "But are you always so full of yourself?" She asked, obviously puzzled.

But the conversation paused as he started hurling spitballs at various people, though his main target seemed to be Raine. She shook her head once again and sighed. If she had any notion he'd matured a little in their six weeks off - this obviously proved her wrong. While he played like a third grader, Aurelie rested her chin in her hand, glancing about the jet... until she felt Felix's eyes boring into her. After he gave her a compliment, he used her to toss a spit ball at Aren and she immediately wiped her hand to get the residue of his saliva off of her palm.

"I was almost ready to go into shock." The telekinetic exaggerated, cerulean eyes wide. "You said something nice." But then he said it was good to have her back, and she smiled - afraid to say anything to the remark for fear of him ruining it. She did inform him that when women talked about swapping spit, this wasn't what they wanted - more for Raine's sake than anyone else.

Of course though, the speedster took it the wrong way. Aurelie wasted no time informing him that she wasn't into slobber, and to that end, he offered to show her what he meant. Pretending to let him sneak one in, she laughed when he hit the shield, not even bothering to try and mask her amusement. Once she was able to speak again, blue eyes pierced into his chocolate ones through the telekinetic shield. She reminded him he'd have a better shot at actually landing lips if he didn't suggest lingerie before it even happened.

His quip he sent back to her caused her to wave him off, though she didn't pull back just yet. She had meant for this to be a lesson to him... but instead it ended the way things always did with the Omega.. he became a troll.

Her eyes rolled toward the skies at his remark about modeling and how kissing him would likely bring them back to her box of unmentionables. “One kiss doesn't always lead to that. Obviously you need to find some classier girls.” He kept on her shield, refusing to back away. Raising an eyebrow, she couldn't fight the snickering building within her at the sight of his skin pressed against an invisible wall. His abeyance amused her.

Felix bade her to either end the game of chicken or to move away, and the telekinetic let out a huff. Releasing her shield, she took her hand and forced his head back to a more comfortable, more socially acceptable distance. "I'm not looking to kiss a toad today, no matter how much you claim to be a prince... or how good you supposedly are."

OOC: Felix placed with permission.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:27 pm
Name: Leonardo Rossi
Team: Alphas
In from the cold...

User Image
The past six weeks hadn't exactly been easy on Leonardo Rossi. At least the Sentinel project was in shambles for now. He did have to grimace, however, whenever the thought crossed his mind that he had Magneto of all people to thank for that. The man was a terrorist, the sworn enemy of the X-Men. Magneto sat on the complete opposite side of the table when it came to the coexistence/genocide debate. However bittersweet the victory was, it was victory nonetheless, and Leo decided to just accept it for the time being. Everyone had been told to go back to the X-Mansion afterwards… but Leonardo had different plans.

He'd been granted leave, if only temporary. He'd managed to convince the grown-ups that they were being more restrictive than his former bosses, who had actually let him go prior to his arrival to the X-Mansion. That had shut them up for a few good seconds before they let him leave. His horrible habit of not saying good-bye to anyone had kicked in, but he'd managed to tell Aurelie that he'd be away for awhile. Not where or when, because honestly, he didn't even know as he left the gates. He just knew that he needed to find some answers.

He'd gone to Washington D.C., of all places. Probably the one place in the world he shouldn't have gone, in hindsight, but he knew that there were enough movers and shakers there in order to find out what he needed to know. After talking to a friend who was doing an internship there (and scared the hell out of him), he'd managed to pick up a thread. A thread was all he needed though, and soon enough he was tracking down better leads.

Eventually, he found his answers. His friends back in SHIELD were safe, if not busier now. It had taken him longer than usual, mostly because he was keeping his head down. The last thing he needed was to be taken into custody and have to come face-to-face with Nick Fury again. Sure, it might've been the easiest thing to do, but given the circumstances, he wasn't sure what he would do. After all, he really didn't need to reveal himself, only to be tracked by SHIELD back to wherever he'd go.

Alkali Lake. Sure he'd heard about it, due to his time at the X-Mansion. Most information on the old Canadian government program had been lost to either time or just the fact that most of the people involved were dead. SHIELD's files on it were surprisingly sparse at best, hence why Leo was willing to come back. He'd set out for the facility after he'd gotten the coordinates from the X-Mansion, having only the things he could carry on his back, which was really just essentials: clothes, electronics, hygienic items, and the shaving-cream-sized cylinder that he used to house the insects he used for mimicry.

And so there Leo was, breaking free of the tree line that had so adequately sheltered him the night before, and he could finally see out to the dam that sat above the old Weapon X facility. He took a deep breath, looking over it. This was their home now, it seemed. Not as many windows, probably, but hey, it would work for now.

Until they had to move again.

It was freaking cold in Canada – he'd forgotten since the last time he'd been here. Luckily, the multiple layers as well as the military-style jacket kept him safe from the elements. Every now and then though, a breeze would kick by and freeze the animal mimic's cheeks. The beard he'd grown in the past month and a half helped, but it would hopefully be warmer inside.

~~~

He was surprised to find that it wasn't just ugly cement walls that he saw when he first entered the facility. They had done such a fast remodeling job… or perhaps Xavier had just kept this place on retainer in case they needed to abandon the X-Mansion as they had. It was smart, really. It might be a better place to base their operations, anyways. Harder to drop a bomb on since it was underground, as well as harder to spot.

Leo was told to go upstairs and see Scott or Bella in order to find out his room assignment. He tensed up a little bit when he heard the name "Isabella". Things still hadn't been settled between the two of them. He hadn't given it a chance, really. She was one of his only real friends on base… and he had alienated her because of his own selfish means. Now that he had found what he was looking for, though, he was ready to talk again.

That didn't mean he was going to do it now, though.

When he found Scott though, he was directly next to Bella. Leo paused as he rounded the corner. Blake and Roland were there as well – they seemed to be the only Junior X-Men on base so far. It was now or later – now was better.

"So where's my room?" was the first thing he asked, stepping up to the group. He preoccupied himself by taking his thumb and rubbing the palm of the opposite hand – the way he made his hands warmer and more dexterous. Although he kept his gaze on Scott, he did steal a glance at Bella, and gave Blake a curt, respectful nod.

Captain Kilos

Syrens Symphony

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:34 pm
Name: Raine "Glitter" Burke
Team:
Alphas
Power: Creation and Manipulation of Electricity

User Image

It had been six weeks since the Sentinel Base attack. Six long weeks. They had managed to defeat the sentinels, but just barely. The Registration Act in its current form was dead, but that was far from a comfort - it was just a matter of time before something like it reared its ugly head again.

Many of their friends had gone home with their parents, Katie included. Raine had managed to convince her foster parents to let her stay, though it had taken charts, lists and her most eloquent speaking skills. She didn’t think she was going to win, but after convincing them that she wouldn’t be any safer at home in California than she was with the X-Men at the Academy, despite the fact that it was still under construction from their last attack, they seemed to at least understand where she was coming from. She still missed Katie, though. The girls were like sisters, even if they were on completely different teams and had different schedules.

Still, she and Bianca had bonded over their shared mission to get Felix back for the water incident the morning of the sentinel base attack. To say it had been going well would be a lie - so far, their ideas usually back-fired in their faces, and Felix had managed to pull off virtually every prank that he had set his mind to. Nonetheless, it was a continuing battle, her resolve strengthening with every pie she sat in, every handful of shaving cream, every bowl of warm water, every instance of his unplugging her alarm clock so she woke up for classes late, and every bucket of water that dumped on her when she went to walk through a doorway. It was starting to develop into a psychosis - she’d already talked to Scott about the benefits of taking all the doors off the henges, but he wasn’t convinced…

Now, they were being shipped off to some new, fancy shmancy, underground base with all the amenities. The brunette wasn’t sure how she felt about their confinement below sea level, but there was little argument to be had. When Scott Summers told them to pack their things, there was nothing she could do but comply. Herding onto the jet with any of her colleagues, she smiled at familiar faces, taking a seat towards the front-middle of the jet and settling in for the ride.

Narcissa set vigil at the front of the plane, Raine’s hazel eyes stealing slight glances as if worried that looking for too long would invite the blonde’s wrath. She always looked like a porcelain doll…..well, maybe a high end blow up doll. Her body tensed imperceptibly when the blonde unbuckled her seatbelt to take a lap of the cabin, comforting her precious Omegas. Some of them seemed more upset about the move than others - the phrase “cage” a commonality amongst the conversations that she could overhear. All Raine was hoping for was silence from the blonde - a wish that seemed to be granted. Gabriel approached her, the contents of their conversation too low-spoken to be heard, and hazel eyes turned strained to see Aren, sitting ahead of her. He was always pleasant to her, though it had become clear that she didn’t have eyes for her the way he did for some other people - another knife to the gut. But, she didn’t let it bother her, instead doing her best to avoid problems for him by not going out of her way to spend time with him anymore. Gabriel quickly returning to his seat after saying his peace caused her attentions to snap away from the Omega native, not wanting to invite the sun witch’s ire in such a confined space.

Her eyes narrowed as she felt something pelt her in the back of her head, sticking in her hair. A sigh escaped the brunette, reaching back despite her best instincts to brush whatever it was from her hair. A disgusted expression crossed her features as he pulled the still wet ball of paper from her hair, growling under her breath as she turned to glare at the Speedster a couple of rows back. He looked like he was having a conversation with Aurelie, but Raine knew it was a cover. Turning forwards again, another spitball hit her in the ear. Then another. Then another. Her fingernails dug into the armrests of her chair, expressing growing progressively more annoyed as she tried to just ignore him (the most effective way she had found so far to get him to quit being a d**k).

She was already up by the time the next spitball hit her in the elbow, the firefly fighting to keep her skin from glittering with electricity since they were in a tin can as she made her way back to the telekinetic and speedster. She arrived just in time to hear Aurelie turn down kissing him, the brunette shaking her head as she took the handful of spitballs she’d collected from her person and threw them at his face, not expecting them to hit. It at least made her fit better.

What are we, five? Seriously, if you’re trying to get in Aurelie’s pants, try acting your age, not the size of your unexaggerated…slim jim.” As soon as she said it, she wished she hadn’t. Her typical shade of pink when dealing with the speedster spread across her cheeks, hands folding defensively over her chest as she braced herself for the onslaught that was sure to come. Why did she always play right into his hands like this?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:32 pm
User Image

User Image

Team: Omegas
Thinking:

User Image

User Image
Kerrigan had gone home to spend some time with her family after the Sentinel Base attack. It was never long enough, but she had adjusted enough to the “exciting” life of the Academy that she was ready to come back by the end of it all. True, she was open with her parents about the kinds of activities that they took on with the Omegas, but there were some things that she left out if only to make her mother sleep better at night. The fact that she had scaled a gigantic robot with specific instructions to “kill all mutants” was one of those things.

The time she had spent back at the Academy was split between training, attempting to figure things out with Roland, and catching up with her “gal pals.” Her teammate and…something…had been pretty badly injured in the fight against the sentinels, the redhead by his side as he recovered from his knife wound. It gave them time to talk about things between them - the issue of the file. While it definitely was an obstacle that they were going to have to overcome, she found herself believing that he hadn’t intended to hurt her. True, what he did was stupid, but at least he recognized it.

It was strange to think about how different she was when she first came to the Academy. Kerrigan had always been a bit of a loner, but now she found herself constantly surrounded by smiling faces and friends she could confide in and rely on for advice. Emlen and Lillian had been an important part of the last couple weeks, while Cissa was off visiting Aren’s homeland. She’d spent some long nights talking through the situation with Roland with them, asking their advice and lamenting the fact that she couldn’t seem to find an “easy” relationship. They were patient with her - for that, she would always be grateful.

Now, sitting on the jet as the group made their way to their new home away from home, her attentions were on Emlen while their leader sat at the front of the plane. Kerrigan didn’t have to be psychic to know just how much the sun goddess was hating their predicament, but she had been friends with the woman long enough to know when to keep her distance. Green eyes checked on her roommate from time to time, letting the blonde know that she was there if needed.

Look like?” Kerrigan seemed to consider carefully for a second before she gave a small shrug, “Probably not so bad. I mean, money is no object, and we know that they like to make us comfortable, so who knows what kinds of luxuries our new digs might have.” The redhead found herself less curious about the whole move than some others were. Less angry about it as well. She wouldn’t say that she was excited about the prospect of moving to Canada, further from her family, and living underground, but she understood where the higher ups were coming from. It was just one of those things that she was going to have to adjust to. The probability manipulator mused that it probably wasn’t going to be as cell-like as they might be envisioning, a smile breaking across the muscle mimic’s features.

I think that’s a fair assessment.” There was the sounds of a scuffle towards the back of the plane as Raine confronted the Omega’s resident prankster, Felix about some spitballs or something like that. He certainly fit in with the black and red, though she wishes that he didn’t antagonize people so much. It made him too cocky to keep getting away from it - some would say that there were already enough big egos on the Omegas.

Turning forward in her seat once more, the redhead leaned towards Emlen, knowing that Lillian would be able to hear her as well from the mimic’s seat in the row ahead of them. “I’ll say this much - as tense as things could get at the mansion between the teams, I’m worried that they might get worse with shoving everyone in an underground mansion. Feeling ‘trapped’ can make people do some pretty crazy things.” In many ways, Kerrigan often felt like she was responsible for keeping the peace between the teams, especially considering the fact that she was close friends with people from both sides of the line. Maintaining a balance of school, team activities, training, a social life, and Alpha/Omega harmony was hard enough before.

User Image

"That's what they'll say to me, say to me, say to me. This one's a fighter."

Vai Vedrai
Vice Captain

Angel Reaver

Greedy Capitalist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:35 am
User Image

User Image
Team: ALPHA Location: New Facility - Alkali Lake

User Image

Isabella couldn’t believe how quickly they’d managed to make this facility presentable for students and refugees. She was reminded of the Morlock tunnels and the squalor they’d suffered. It seemed unfair that the hideout that the X-Men had chosen seemed more like an enclosed resort than a safety measure. The songstress had expected to feel far more cramped and cloistered underground, but the illusions on the windows could have easily fooled her if she hadn’t of already known the truth.

The Siren had long ago realized that there were certain people she tracked through sound. Gideon was easy enough to follow considering his adamantium skeleton, though from time to time she had initially confused his footsteps with the Wolverine. Even though she could track individuals using their unique biorhythms, she tried not to push her ability too far.

It was harder to find people here. The sounds bounced, voices carried to places they hadn’t been. Not to mention that it didn’t seem normal to find her friends via heartbeats, rather than a text message. Not like cell phones would be too useful down here…

Despite her reservations there were still a few individuals she couldn’t help but follow. Scott and Blake were among them. The Headmaster had always been a father figure in her life, seeming to pick up the slack and fill in the blanks where her own maniacal father had failed. It was unintentional, but Isabella had never really thought anything of it. Blake was a dear friend, one that she found she could always count on, come hell or high water. He was the cowboy that rode in on a white horse, dropping everything to save the day. Nothing she said or did seemed to drive him away, not like it pushed others.

Not like it had pushed Leo.

Thinking about the animal mimic made her heart hurt. She had so much she wanted to say, but neither had crossed paths in all the time since the attack in Rochester. For all of her empathy, she couldn’t figure out how to start a dialogue with him. Something like “Hello” might have sufficed, but it felt far too simple. Not for the first time she touched the men’s watch that she wore on her wrist, sighing quietly. It was too big, spinning in circles…But she was afraid to lose something that wasn’t hers.

Eventually she’d give it back. She just needed courage to approach the subject. The memory of his eyes when they fought was a brutal reminder that things hadn't been settled. As if she were the enemy, too sheltered and simple to understand.

Maybe she was. Perhaps that was why he hadn't said goodbye.

Honestly, she’d been eavesdropping on Blake a little longer than she should have. His parents were clearly far more strict and overprotective than her own mother. She couldn’t say that she would be able to get along with them very well if they ever crossed paths, but she also felt guilty. Bella knew some of the reasons he stayed behind instead of going home or out into the field. His voice came through the frequencies of her comm and a brief smile flickered across her soft features, though it rapidly disappeared. Normally she would have given her location though she was confident that he would be able to find her if he wanted to. It was just like hide and seek.

Raising her comm to her lips she uttered one playful word, “Marco.”

It was Blake’s specialty, really. Finding her when she didn’t want to be found.

Scott glanced at her, a little bemused—though he didn’t question her conversation, merely adjusting the rose quartz glasses that hid his eyes from view. He approved Tanner being around Isabella, just as much as he had approved Gideon. He didn’t.

But the boy seemed capable of pulling Bells out of her shell where everyone else, including himself, had failed. His presence was merely tolerated for the time being.

It didn’t take long before Blake did indeed find their location, causing Bella to turn away from the hollowed core of the facility to face her friend. Her eyebrows rose a little when he mentioned a transfer, a flicker of interest showing in emerald depths. Her gaze immediately switched back to Professor Summers, not noticing the way he suddenly glared at Blake. The songstress suddenly bounced on the ends of her toes. “A transfer?”

“You’re transferring Blake? To the Alpha’s? I didn’t get any paperwork—“

Scott really didn’t get the chance to reply before the conversation was interrupted by Roland. Isabella seemed to change modes then, painting on a charming smile for the Omega’s benefit. She didn’t bother hiding what she was feeling in front of Blake and Scott…They already knew the truth.

The rest of the facility wasn’t so privileged. It would be impossible for Roland to realize that what he saw was a mere façade. “The layout doesn’t seem too confusing so far…But how are you? It’s been awhile.”

She would have been lying to say that she wasn’t a little surprised to hear a student calling the Headmaster by his first name. It was awkward, and a little more familiar than what was usually considered respectful. Being cloistered underground with mostly Professors to deal with probably allowed them some sort of leeway as far as formality went.

From what the songstress understood he’d remained in Canada to help the teachers as best he could. There was a lot of manual labor to be done, and he was certainly built for it. Forge, Beast, and Moira were certified geniuses in their own right but they certainly respected the opinions of others—despite the fact that there was very little they hadn’t already thought of.

“Those files were to be boxed up and locked away for a reason. Most of them will be disposed of before anyone else gets their hands on them. Nice job getting them moved before most of the students arrived.”, Scott interjected, more than thankful for the interruption. Most of the base had been entirely scrubbed from top to bottom. Any dangerous equipment had either been moved or locked away. Cyclops was hesitant to allow Wolverine access to any files, let alone students.

Leonardo arrived then, providing Scott another distraction. The boy asked about his dormitory, and the Headmaster nodded towards the Alpha Leader. He didn’t seem to notice that she appeared a little stunned at Leo’s sudden entrance.

“Isabella will show you the way. If you’ll excuse me I have a few things to attend to.”
                                                  , he spoke to the four students present, taking the chance to escape the previous conversation. Blake’s transfer request would be delayed as long as possible. Scott already felt he spent too much time with one of his best pupils…He wasn’t going to encourage it.

“You’re back.”, the songstress murmured near soundlessly, her hands clasping neatly in front of her. It bothered her that she hadn’t heard Leo approaching, likely due to the vaulted ceilings. She swallowed hard, gaze finding the floor when the man in question glanced in her direction. Her trademark smile was all but gone as her head inclined, the shadows on her face seeming to lengthen.

She’d thought that she was over the dispute they’d had…At least, she’d told herself she was. The sudden feeling of relief that her friend was all right coupled with the darkness he’d left behind took her by surprise, causing her breath to hitch.

Exhaling slowly she forced a smile back to her features, though it didn’t touch her eyes. It couldn’t. “I think we were headed there next, Leo. I’ll show you.”
                                                  User Image

"I'm dying to catch my breath...
Why don't I ever learn?
I've lost all my trust
Though I've surely tried to turn it around.
Can you still see the heart of me?
All my agony fades away--When you hold me in your embrace."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:59 am
User Image

▆▆▆▆▆▆ ▆▆▆▆▆▆ ▆▆▆▆▆▆ ⇡⇡ βehind these Ҫ A S T L E Шalls...
                                IT'S SO EMPTY LIVING BEHIND THESE CASTLE WALLS
                                XXXXXXXXX ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ ⋱⋱ On top of the world is ß E A U T I F U L ⇣ ⇣ but there's no place to fall

☼- - - - - - - - - - 》 》
                                XXXXXXX IF I SHOULD TUMBLE; IF I SHOULD FALL; WILL ANYONE HEAR ME

NO BODY KNOWS I'M ALL ALONE
                                LIVING IN THIS CASTLE MADE OF STONE
                                I'M TRAPPED INSIDE IT ALL

Team: Omega
                                Codename: Solaris

User Image

Narcissa really didn’t pay much attention to the Alpha’s on the flight. As a general rule of thumb, they were all bloody pinheads—And she didn’t have the compassion to waste time on snot nosed crybabies. She had almost accidentally approached the wrong boulder chested ginger sister more than once, but caught herself just in time. God and Queen, what was with the Academy and superpowered twins? Better question, why hadn’t she gotten both of them?

She still found their placement incredibly inconvenient and rude.

At least she seemed to have gotten the smarter ginger out of the pair. Her eyes rolled heavenward when she overhead the dimmer of the two commenting about clothing—But thankfully Daylia interjected to end the stupidity. For bloody hells sake. What did these people not understand about a secret base?

“Its fact Daylia, darling. Women can never have enough clothing. As it stands there will be ways to acquire the necessities without broadcasting our location to Amazon”, Narcissa vocalized plainly, already cold eyes seeming to grow cooler by the moment. Considering her spoiled b***h status, it didn’t take a genius to realize she wasn’t looking forward to having limited access to the things she required.

But if she had to deal with it, so did they.

Gideon responded to her comment, surprisingly, and she chuckled darkly. It would have been considered an almost intriguing sound, were she not who she was. “You pout and whine more than an Alpha with a skinned knee. Don’t give me that bollocks about freedom…It’s better to be temporarily caged than dead.”

She took note of Gracie huddling near Lillian—and Kerrigan not far off. Her best friend would always be one of the most important people to her… But there were some things she couldn’t bring up. She’d taken a much needed vacation not only to escape the constant fighting, but to avoid becoming entangled in the web of Rolligans romantic troubles. Under normal circumstances she would have offered advice, wanted or not, at the first possible chance.

But with the absolute horror show Roland had dumped in her lap…She was still too furious to bring it up. That, and she had a feeling that Aren might be less inclined to “play nice” given the chance.

Kerri was too smart not to see that something had changed between herself and Aren. She did her best to keep discrete, but Narcissa had to lead the team first.

Personal issues were always second.

“If we wind up stranded on a deserted Island I assure you—No one will freeze.”, Narcissa responded to Orchid, unable to keep a small smirk from crawling up her features while she gestured towards herself. “Not only does little sister ginger over there come with her own flotation devices, she’s a pyrokinetic. Voila. Problem solved.”

That…And it was absolutely laughable that they would get stuck anywhere. She’d like to see a bear that could take a jet full of mutants on and win. Her eyes flickered when Orchid offered Magda a drink, flaxen hair glittering while she shook her head. “Just don’t get bloody knackered.”

Just in case something did happen.

Peyton seemed to be in just as bad of a state as Magda. Orchid, love, share with her as well if you would.”

"And don't forget that if you feel the need to plummet to your death Peyton, be a good little statistic and use the emergency exit in the cargo hold so we don't lose air pressure."

There. Three of her Omega’s could wind up half in the bag before they even landed. It was better than having a bunch of basket cases. Besides, it wasn’t as if Emma could really say anything. It wasn’t illegal anymore. Last time she’d checked the legal drinking age in Alberta was eighteen.

The entire time she stood near Orchid, one of the Alpha’s just kept talking…And talking. Christ, did she even breathe? Narcissa paused, before pointing lazily at Aspen. “Don’t give her any.”

Raine or Ruth, whatever her name happened to be for the day, was around somewhere—But an Alpha as scrawny and sad as she was didn’t really register on her radar. Poor girl, the blond goddess didn’t even seem to realize the girl was on the jet until she started scolding Felix for God only knew what. She flat out ignored that situation, hoping that he went back to his trollop soon enough.

Sitting down next to the empty seat beside Aren made the girls that had been prodding him scatter like startled pigeons. They didn’t say anything one way or the other, though they suddenly seemed horrified. It could have been because of the way her eyes flared in a not so subtle warning. Leaning her side against the back of the seat, she sat as close as she could without touching him.

There was an instantaneous solace to be found in his nearness…As if the massive problems in the world didn’t matter. The fact that they were going to be living so far away from the sun had suddenly become completely trivial. His eyes opened and her throat went dry at the sound of his voice… Even after brief trials of separation, she still reacted to him the same way. The intensity of his emotions stunned her, leaving her feel so much more than she had moments ago. It left her feeling raw and far too open to the world around her… But it didn’t matter. He would protect her, always.

It only took one simple glance to make her sluggish blood move, suddenly heating. Her heart beat, or his heart beat, rang in her ears like drums. Narcissa didn’t know the difference anymore. “You really should pay more attention where you fall asleep. Next time you get molested it might be not be teenage trollops.”

It killed her, over and over again to remind herself that Aren was still technically a teenager himself.

The sun goddess caught herself reaching for the Native American’s hand only to pull back, making a fist, just as Gabriel approached. Sharp eyes fell on the Alpha, almost translucent from the light that pressed behind them. Her voice came in a low growl, something he ought to properly fear. “I bloody well mind. Get away from me. You have a disease I don't want.”

But for the some reason, the little p***k continued. Any tolerance she had flat lined. If he had something technological to bring up, which one of her excellently lacquered finger nails implied that she gave a damn about his geeky hair brained bollocks? “Have you hit your foolish little Alpha head? My name isn’t Isabella Cries-A-Lot Stone—So you’ve effectively just wasted several minutes of my life that I can’t get back.”

“If you ever approach me again I will turn you to ash.”
                          , Narcissa called coldly after him, glaring none too gently. Picking up the flash drive he’d left she closed it in her fist. Light flared from between her fingers for a moment, but when she opened her tight fist there was nothing but silvery dust that she dashed to the floor.

“Bloody idiot.”, she cursed, wiping her hand off on the adjacent seat. Narcissa was wearing a white dress. There was no way she was getting anything on it. Honestly, she would have just set the flash stick on fire if there wasn’t a chance sprinklers would go off.

Little bratty subordinates going around their team leaders was never something she would support, no matter the intentions. He could deal with the head b***h Alpha if he wanted his little invention looked into. If it prospered, she’d get it from Forge—Not some little pale faced t**t who barely looked like he could tie his own shoes.

Sighing, annoyed, she glanced back at Aren. The thin threads that bound them let her feel his amusement and she glared lightly at him. He chuckled, and her glare lessened while she settled down, letting her arm brush deliciously against his. It mollified her, stealing away her ire.

“The only thing worse than a stupid Alpha is one that thinks they’re smart. It’s pathetic... Like watching a dog try to walk on two legs.”

Her fingertips slowly threaded themselves through Aren's, certain that most would give them a wide berth after she'd given such open threats. It was impossible to be so near to him, and not touch him. He was her drug, an addiction that she couldn't shake, couldn't live without.

Just this once...She would bend, The impending underground was coming closer with every minute. Just this once.

User Image

User Image

Selena Lucania

Dangerous Lover

Keith Wolff

Shirtless Giver

14,475 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:10 am
L e i o nxxE v a n s
OMEGA, Rave
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇xxx

User Image

Leion was not in the X Jet, he had requested permission from Emma Frost to see his family and explain to them as vaguely as he could why he wouldn't be able to visit them or contact them for a while. His belongings had been packed up with the X Jet, but he was going to be transported by Manifold and Gateway for his trip. Manifold would teleport him there but Gateway would be teleporting him back for some reason or another, he hadn't really been paying attention, he was too excited that Emma had given him the permission for his side trip.

He dressed casually and in clothes appropriate for Texas weather, and when he was ready he met Manifold in the foyer. Honestly Leion hated teleporting, he was always sick and disoriented after it was over and this time was no different. He appeared a block from his parent's house and immediately fell to his knees and puked at the base of a stop sign. He stood shakily and glanced around to get his bearings, he just needed to walk a few streets to get to his parents house, but his damn teleportation sickness made it hard to move. Finally he arrived looking almost presentable, still a bit pale, and knocked. His father answered the door and pulled him into a back-popping hug and he went in to see his mother and his little sister.

-Skip

when he had said his good-byes and explained what he could he walked down to a park he had played at as a child, no-one was there at the moment so he figured it would be the best place to teleport since he didn't know just how Gateway's teleports worked. He took one last look back at his paren't house and the neighborhood knowing it would be a long time before he could see it again. Leion set the frequency on his communicator to the frequency Emma had give him for direct contact with Gateway.
"Hey, um, Gateway? This is Leion, I'm ready to be transported to base." Nothing happened for a few moments then suddenly he fell though the ground in a portal at his feet. But where he ended up was not the Temporary base in Canada, or maybe his teleportation sickness went to a whole new level with two teleports in one day. He materialized in a small makeshift town with bodies strewn about, worst of all some of the bodies looked familiar, like the people waiting for him in Canada. Before he could process everything that was happening, a robotic voice resounded behind him.

Target re-acquired. Terminating.

The voice belonged to a Sentinel that was standing behind him and had fired a beam right as he turned in terror, he looked down in shock to see that his arm was on the ground and most of his torso was gone. He tried to scream as he collapsed, but if he had managed any sound it was beyond him now, he could hear nothing but muffled explosions as the world faded from his view and he fell into nothingness. . .

I n t h e b a c k r o o m o f a m a n s i o nxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
YOU ARE PLANNING YOUR DECEPTION.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ALWAYSCALLING,NEVERPHONINGxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(xxxI'm a victim of another's war.xxx)

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇xxx

OOC:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:29 pm
User ImageUser Image
L o c a t i o nxxx T h o u g h t s xxx O O C

[ New Base ] xxxx[ Grr Roland for interrupting ] xxxx[meh] xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chuckling to himself, his blue eyes twinkled at her playful response. The sound felt like music to her ears; for the first time since he'd come back, he could almost hear mirth. It was a sign that things finally had started to look up in her dark world. The molecular manipulator had asked for their location after he'd taken care of his batch of kids, but quickly found there had been no need. As he rounded the corner, his gaze caught sight of a curtain of black hair. "You know, the person doing the searching is supposed to say Marco." He didn't bother to use his communicator, knowing she'd hear it anyway. "Besides, playing hide and seek with you was never fair."

Flashing a brief smile in his friend's direction, he couldn't notice how different she looked. In six weeks' time, she didn't appear as fatigued and the emerald gems reflected something he had begun to think he'd never view upon again: hope. Maybe the move had been what she needed. Turning to the red-gazed professor, his jubilant expression became strained. Bella's reaction to his query about the team transfer confirmed what he'd already known: Scott had been putting it off.

"I'm trying to transfer to the Alpha's." Blake explained flatly, his stare boring holes into the man. "He's had the paperwork for it since before the last attack..." For the songstress' sake, he kept his tone empty of the implications that would have otherwise been there. "Seems like it's stalled."

Before Scott could defend his actions or assure Isabella that he was most certainly doing his best - Roland interrupted their pow wow, looking for some sort of approval. It befuddled him a bit that the Omega seemed so familiar with the professor - enough to call him by his first name. The only professor Blake did that with was Bobby... who had been his mentor when he'd first come to the Academy several years ago. Mr. Summers and he would never come to be that close, nor would he want them to.

That he had put in for the paperwork to transfer to the man's junior team said much for how he felt about Bella. When he had handed the papers to Scott, he had curbed his tongue, because there still remained too many things he wanted to say. And none of them were nice.

Roland had come at the worst possible time to see things through and accomplish his goal. The line in his jaw clenched momentarily, frustration evident for but a moment before the cowboy smoothed out his features so that the Omega wouldn't know. Thankfully, he'd been too focused on his conversation with Cyclops to get anything accomplished. Bella had used the time to flip a switch in herself - no longer appearing anything but the perfect team leader in front of a student. She mentioned the layout of their new home, and Blake smiled, adding to her facade. Given how many rumors shrouded Roland's name on the Omegas, he looked pretty good for being a soon-to-be crispy critter. But he said nothing of that sort; it wasn't his business to get into, and it was likely all just made up stories to pass the time.

"I'm sure all of the professors have really loved your help these past couple of weeks." His tone remained friendly, despite the building frustration within him. After weeks of waiting to corner Scott about his transfer... Roland had provided the reluctant professor the perfect excuse to scoot the topic under the rug. Couldn't he have waited five minutes before busting up the party?

Leo appeared shortly after, and the cowboy's shoulders relaxed a little at the Alpha's re-emergence into the X-men. Bella's astonishment amused him, and the words on his lips were only ones she could hear. "You're sort of adorable when someone surprises you." Given that she could hear everything, it wasn't often he got to see a stunned Isabella Stone. He'd meant it to bring the smiles he'd seen a few moments before, because the ghosts that haunted her expression pained him.

The animal mimic asked for the location of his room, and Scott used the entrance and Bella's shock as a way to skirt around the subject he very much wanted to avoid. Ushering the Alpha leader to take care of Leo, he started to walk away. "Summers, this isn't the last you'll hear of that." He called out, deciding that he didn't care what Roland or Leo thought of his insistence. "There is no plausible reason for denial."

Sighing as Sumemrs disappeared into the myriad of halls - ignoring him, Blake flashed a grin at the Alpha. The conversation would be brought up again, especially now that Bella knew about the request. "It's nice to see that you're back, Leo. The Alphas have missed you." For all intents and purposes, he made it seem as though he were still oblivious to the fight he'd interrupted between the pair. Leo hadn't known how much it had hurt Bella to have that much conflict still between them. "Looks like you could use a hot shower and a good meal."

A Primrose Path

l e a sidhe

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:24 pm
User Image

➔ On the Jet next to Orchid
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

“Oh come on guys. It’s not THAT bad.”

She turned to the red haired girl (Aspen) with a piercing glare. The only person she’d expected a reply from was Orchid because that was the only person she was talking to. She hadn’t expected a comment from anyone else, especially not some stranger who thought their current situation was ‘not that bad’. Being stuck in a jet for hours was bad. Living underground in a frozen wasteland was absolutely terrible. There wasn’t a single part that could be considered ‘not that bad’.

Her piercing glare shifted to a look of incredulity when the redhead started rambling about eating moose. Who was this girl? And who gave her sugar?

She smiled at Orchid’s suggestion. That girl was possibly the only thing keeping Magda from jumping out of the jet. She was the only tolerable person she’d met so far. The redhead, on the other hand, was definitely… not one of the tolerable ones. She was in utter disbelief when the girl volunteered to go out and capture a moose, saying how she preferred certain dog treats.
                                                “You eat dog treats? What the hell is wrong with you?” The question rolled out before she could stop herself. But then again, she wasn’t really trying to stop herself. Some things she just had to say.

Orchid mentioned maple syrup and the strange redhead quickly contributed to the topic… and then went off on a tangent. It was as if everything that popped in her head immediately rolled out of her mouth. Magda rolled her eyes as the girl continued to ramble, silently wishing she could push the girl out of the plane. Another hour of listening to the girl talk would surely drive her mad. She breathed a sigh of relief when the girl left to go to the bathroom.
                                                “Holy s**t, who the hell is she?” She asked Orchid. “And does she come with a mute button?”

That was when she noticed the person Orchid was staring at. Instantly, a wave of jealously coursed through her veins. Magda has always been petite. She couldn’t gain weight even if she tried and at five foot two and a mere ninety-two pounds, Magda had the figure of a prepubescent girl. It was shameful and no matter how hard she tried to accept her body, she just couldn’t. And it was especially difficult when she sat next to people like Orchid… who was staring at people like the ginger twins.
                                                “Yeah, must be convenient to have built in pillows and flotation devices. Though I’m sure she suffers from intense back pain. Must be annoying to carry around giant sacks of fat everyday.” She tried to keep the annoyance out of her voice but no doubt it slipped through. Magda wasn’t exactly a good actor.

She crossed her arms across her flat chest and swung her legs back and forth, lightly kicking the seat in front of her. A light aura of repulsion expanded from her core and coated her body like a second skin. If she wanted to, she would’ve let it grow to the point where it pushed against those around her like a weak force field. But she didn’t want to push Orchid away. She was the only person who could keep her entertained for the remainder of the trip.

A voice halted her swinging legs but instead of feeling guilty for kicking someone’s seat, she only felt more annoyed.
                                                “Apologies, your highness. My foot slipped.” With one final kick, she pulled her legs up to her seat and hugged them against her chest. By then the crazy redhead was back to pluck what remained of her sanity. Fortunately for Magda, she’d chosen to interact with Peyton. But her voice was still loud enough to reach her poor ears. Magda turned to Orchid and begged for help. She could already feel her sanity vaporizing and she had no wishes to end up in a mental hospital in Canada. She’d rather be underground.

Orchid’s solution was alcohol and though Magda usually avoided it, she was desperate enough to take a sip. Unscrewing the cap, she raised the flask to her lips and poured some of the contents in her mouth. She made a face when the liquid touched her tongue and nearly choked when it burned its way down her throat.
                                                “It’s like drinking fire. I don’t know how you do it.” She stuck her tongue out and glanced at the flask curiously. “What is it?”

Instead of giving the flask back, she tipped it to her mouth and took another sip.
                                                “This better work, Orchid.” Or someone was going to get thrown out of the jet.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

ooc - any issues, let me know

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:53 am
User ImageUser Image
                                              User Image
                                              At this Location: Jet
                                              Thinking About: Talk to all the people!
                                              While on Team: Alpha

Part one of her devious plan worked: by wondering aloud if she could buy clothes, she managed to reel in a small conversation Alexandra, another Alpha aboard the jet. She smiled sweetly back to the girl, before answering "They burned in a fire."

Purposely phrasing it like that to likely earn a shocked glance, Lyn giggled as she continued to explain herself. "A killer spider was lurking in my room, and I just let that nasty bug have it. It cooked, but my clothes didn't survive the ordeal. Believe me, it's hard finding cute tops that are fireproof." the redhead explained, pouting as she lamented the struggle her powers brought her.

Daylia, an omega, chimed in, voicing that they likely wouldn't be able to ship new clothing to their hideout, what with the whole 'secret hideout' thing going on. "Nooooooo, the world is crueeeel." she drawled out in a whining voice, bringing her hands to her cheeks as she buried her face in despair. Yes, the secrecy was necessary for them to be safe, but that wouldn't stop Lyn from complaining about it. However, just as fast as she complained, she quickly brought her head up and looked to Daylia with a bright look. "But hey, at least we're comfy, right? Long plane rides would suck otherwise!" she exclaimed, pointing to Daylia's sweats while she pinched her own legwear. "Sweat sistahs!"

It was impossible to try and dampen Lyn's spirit at times. Not that everyone would find her bearable: Charlotte could attest to the fact that Lyn often drove people up the walls.

Narcissa, the Omega's leader, chimed in as well, probably not giving her the good news on clothing she had hoped, but it still gave her the faintest glimmer of hope that it wouldn't be like this for too long. "Oh well, guess I'll have to make do with what I have for now. I could always go pester Charlie for some of her clothes. One of the perks of having a twin with pretty much the same measurements as you, right?" she said aloud, winking to no one in particular. Borrowing clothing from others wasn't really an option for the twins most of times given their figures: it was hard to tell whether they were blessed or cursed most of the time, but either of the Gauge sisters would probably say it was a curse almost all the time.

Conversations continued all around the plane, and with the cramped conditions, it wasn't too hard to listen in on other conversations. It was also easy for Lyn to listen to particular conversations, especially when the buzzword "twins" came into play. That usually meant the Gauge sisters, considering that they were the only twins on the teams, to her knowledge. The buzz word was uttered by one of the edgier looking women, Orchid, Lyn learned earlier was Charlotte's roommate back in the old base. She'd never actually talked to her before, but that didn't stop her from interacting now. Completely missing the hidden undertones Orchid uttered, Lyn clapped her hands together at the mention of possibly having a night buddy secured should their plane trip take an unfortunate turn to the 'Lost' setting. "Yay, I'm somebody's sleeping buddy!" she exclaimed, finding joy in being included in someone's plans. Sort of. It also kept her from hearing a less subtle jab at her assets made by Magda.

Narcissa chimed in again, this time to Orchid, bringing some light to the faux-Castaway scenario. She explained that freezing was not an issue, considering that Lyn was a pyrokinetic. "Yep, I'm pretty much a walking radiator too. Cold nights are not a problem! Just huddle for the warmth!" she added. Though, Narcissa's 'flotation devices' comment was not subtle enough to go unnoticed by Lyn. Thankfully, she didn't take too much offense to it. "I don't think I'd be that good of a lifebuoy though...I'd likely just add another means of suffocation."

Somebody stop her. Please.

Thankfully, the smell of soap filling the aircraft was enough to halt the redhead from embarrassing herself further. She scrunched her nose, looking around for the source. "...why does it smell like a Dove commerical?" she asked, not pinpointing Aspen as the source of the smell, and the shortage of soap the rest of the passengers would discover should they enter the bathroom.

Her attention flying from person to person, Lyn settled back to Alexandra, Lyn turning in her seat to give the Alpha more of her attention. "Since we're going to Canada, what do you think are the odds that we'd find Rocky and Bullwinkle scrounging in the snow? Oh! I should name the first moose and squirrel I see that! Oh, but we can't bring them into the base, being underground and stuff...nuts!" she began excitedly, but cursed as she realized the futility of their living arrangements. She slumped in her seat as she returned to her regular seating position, pouting again as she crossed her arms.

User Image
                                              User Image

Aeon-of-Eclipse

IRL Werewolf

X-Chronicles (Completed Story Arc's)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 49 50 51 52 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items