Welcome to Gaia! ::

Academy X: A X-Men RPG (Accepting Apps)

Back to Guilds

A literate, paragraph X-Men (Marvel) Role Playing Game 

Tags: X-Men, Marvel, Superhero, Advanced Literate, Paragraph 

Reply X-Chronicles (Completed Story Arc's)
Story XXIII [23] - Underground (IC Thread) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 49 50 51 52 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angel Reaver

Greedy Capitalist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:20 pm
User Image

UNDERGROUND xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CHAPTER: XXIII -23- xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx User ImagexxxxUser ImagexxxxUser Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

xxxxxxx▃▃ W e l c o m e, to A c a d e m y X ↓▃▃▃▃▃▃ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Several years ago, human and mutant relations seemed to be getting better on the planet Earth. Those that advocated for human rights seemed to have lessened in their campaign’s to end mutant-kind. Perhaps it was the work of the X-Men—Keeping their own in line…Perhaps it was the improved, more humane efforts from the Mutant Task Force. Or…Perhaps it was simply the calm before the storm.

One fateful night, after a long absence from the limelight, Magneto appeared above New York… Finally driven to insanity by his need to hold dominion over all, he unleashed an attack on New York. It left devastating effects in the area… And an estimated 2.5 million innocent civilians and mutants were lost.

The X-Men, Fantastic Four, Avengers, and any other hero in New York City fought Magneto and his Brotherhood back and stopped them from doing any more damage to the United States…Though they escaped custody.

This was not to be the end of the conflict... SHIELD, a United Nations sanctions organization, decided that Magneto and his Brotherhood were a threat to national security. When Magneto and his team fled to the Island of Genosha, SHIELD unleashed several Sentinels with a seek and destroy order… The citizens of Genosha would not allow for their up until recently, altruistic leader to be destroyed.

Five million mutants died in this conflict, and the mutant haven Genosha was scorched and left for rubble.

Magneto was presumed dead. The government disbanded the Sentinel Project after seeing what had become of Genosha. There was nothing left… And too few powerful mutants left willing to fight them. SHIELD deemed that the mutant threat, was no more.

Nevertheless, because of this horror and loss…the Human vs. Mutant conflict escalated to the highest peak… Those with abilities were no longer safe. Not even in their own homes. To look impartial, Charles Xavier stepped down as head master of his school and appointed two opposing mutants as headmasters: Scott Summers and Emma Frost. He is currently a figurehead, and leading promoter for equality and peace.

The Xavier Institute has always served as a home and school for children and teenagers who desired to learn about their abilities and train to be X-Men—If they so chose. But now any troubled mutant, anyone with an ability would be welcome behind their doors if they were looking for peace. However, the dynamics between the teams changed over the years… Students grew older, and more capable… And due to the lack of mutant’s from the massacre in Genosha—The Academy promoted two teams to X-Men status.

Alpha and Omega.

They’ve taken on many enemies to the X-Men, and to the human race over the years… And have somehow managed to come out on top, despite the odds. Over four years have passed since the massacre in Genosha… And while Mutant/Human relations have been strained—Up until recently, there has been a relative calm.

But things are changing again, there are whispers of unrest… Life for the X-Men won’t be getting easier anytime soon.

xxxxxxx▃▃ N e w C h a r a c t e r s ↓ ▃▃▃▃▃▃ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

All new characters will have been a student at the Xavier Institute for six months to a year. Their ability level should be considered at least 2nd Year. Because they have shown exceptional skill above their peers, they will have been promoted from their student team to one of the Junior X-Men teams (this was assigned to you upon application approval.)

The first post of the character would have them talking to either Scott Summers or Emma Frost about their promotion... Or they could gloss over it, and start with them settling in...Their dorm room would also be moved to the area where the Junior X-Men students are housed.

If they are in High School: They are taking classes within the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters

If they are in College: They are attending The Xavier Instutite--An accredited program within the Academy. It's a way for mutants to further their education without prejudice. Especially if they aren't in control of they powers yet. They take classes at the Academy, or take online courses whenever available. Due to the emergency move, college courses will be on hold until further notice.

Neither Option: Once 18, and having graduated High School-- They do not have to leave the school, nor do they have to go to college. They would retain their position on the team they were on while in school, unless told otherwise.

xxxxxxx▃▃ D i f f e r e n c e s I n T e a m s ↓ ▃▃▃▃▃▃ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Technically there is no difference between each team in the school; however, the Alphas are traditionally the "good guys" who believe in Xavier's ideals. The Omegas are traditionally more rogue/bad boys and fall more into their own ideals of how things should be done. This is not always the case, though. You don't HAVE to make your character take those views when on either of those teams.

Alpha's wear a black uniform with blue detailing. Omega's wear a black uniform with red detailing.

xxxxxxx▃▃ P r e v i o u s S t o r y ↓ ▃▃▃▃▃▃ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Story Arc [22] - ATTACK OF THE MACHINES

The Academy has retaliated against an impromptu attack on their home. It seemed to go well on the outside. The Registration Act files were destroyed. Anonymity has been returned to mutant kind, for the time being. No one was seriously injured, but some students did choose to go home after the event, too traumatized to remain.

It has been six weeks since the attack, and while the sentinel program has been temporarily suspended, the MRD is now going door to door to check for mutants. If they don't agree to registration on the spot they can find themselves incarcerated and or charged with a felony. Resistance can also be considered violence, in which the MRD officers are instructed to subdue by any force necessary.

The Professors have decided that it is too dangerous to stay at the Mansion. Emma doesn't have any qualms with mentally manipulating any officers that come to the institute asking questions, but Scott and Charles are deeply against it. They've decided to ultimately move the school to a safer location until tensions are lowered.

xxxxxxx▃▃ C u r r e n t S t o r y ↓ ▃▃▃▃▃▃ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

X-Men, Junior X-Men, and Students should just be arriving to the new location in Alberta Canada, near Alkali Lake. Some of the more experienced students will recognize the location as being the site of the old Weapon X facility. On the outside it still appears just as Wolverine left it. Completely deserted and destroyed. But the inside is just as unsparing as the X-Mansion ever was, only there is a good deal more metal.

Windows are programmed to play a steady scene that keeps track with the time, going through a full twenty four hours so the individuals living inside the compound don't go stir crazy. It can be difficult to stay underground so long, to stay inside without any natural light or fresh air.

Once everyone gets settled, the X-Men will meet with their Junior counter parts to explain how they will be going forward from here.

**ALL ARE ABLE TO POST AS THEY PLEASE. ABOUT SIX WEEKS HAVE PASSED SINCE THE ACADEMY ATTACKED THE SENTINEL BASE. IF YOU'RE CONFUSED--SEE A MODERATOR**

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:54 pm
User Image

User Image
Team: ALPHA Location: New Facility - Alkali Lake

User Image

Isabella could scarcely remember the last month and a half. Time had passed so quickly after the fight at the Sentinel production facility in Rochester, she feared she was already going grey. The songstress still woke up in a cold sweat every night but somehow she found herself managing, pretending just enough so that she wouldn’t trouble her family and friends.

Blake had been her rock, as usual. He never questioned, never asked…Somehow he simply always knew when she was putting on a brave face. He made her laugh despite herself, and didn’t seem shaken at all by the Sentinels. She wished she could be so cavalier. Gideon had tried…But there were so many unresolved issues that just seeing him in the hall caused her heart to crack all over again. Leo…Leo she thought about trying to reach daily. Though if she tried, he might think she was checking up on him…And there went any hope of mending what she’d broken. They’d been friends, good friends, or so she’d like to think before they fought at the Academy. She still had his watch that Forge had repaired for her.

In that last huge fight…Things had gone from bad to worse. Isabella gave the order to protect the carrier’s from the Sentinels and her team diligently followed suit. For each monster robot they just barely managed to bring down, another three replaced it. They dropped down like wayward meteors without much warning, other than the sound of their death threats and thrusters.

Among the robotic voices she could hear Magneto. His voice had been deeply ingrained in her psyche many, many moons ago. How many times had they crossed paths since she’d first come to the Academy? Too many to count. As a result she would had known his voice anywhere. Where Magneto went, Mystique was never too far behind. The thought of the blue skinned shape shifter made her hair stand on end. The last time they’d met, the woman had shot and nearly killed her.

Thankfully it had seemed that for once the X-Men and the Brotherhood were fighting on the same side. It didn’t matter how many Sentinels arrived, Magneto seemed more than willing to turn them into scrap metal. That didn’t mean that there still wasn’t danger, but until their rivalries reared their ugly heads there were more important things to worry about.

The end result had both worked out against mutant kind, and in their favor. The robot that served as the brain of the operation, MasterMold, had somehow managed to escape with Bolivar Trask. Cyclops, Storm, Rogue, and Wolverine had managed to infect the main servers with a virus that Forge and Moira provided. It wiped out all of the stored data both in house, and on every other server that was connected remotely to it.

As far as the Registration Act was considered…Everything that made it effective was gone. It would need to be rebuilt from the ground up.

With the Sentinels temporarily out of service the X-Men retreated home to lick their wounds. Bolivar Trask was on the television the next day informing the world of the ruthless mutant terrorist attack, and it was around that time that Charles Xavier firmly decided that the X-Mansion on Greymalkin lane was no longer safe. They’d been found once by the Sentinels, it could happen again.

Bolivar essentially had the keys to the kingdom. Government contracts, congressional support, and the sympathy of the everyday human. MRD (Mutant Registration Department) troops would be utilized to go door to door to check for unregistered mutants until they could restore the Sentinel program.

Technically, for refusing to register, they’d all committed a felony—But that was a moot point considering all mutants were wanted citizens. Being called a terrorist was just the cherry on top of a very badly baked cake.

In the month that had passed some students were taken home by their parents, while others chose to go their own way, considering the Academy itself was still under construction. Some returned and some didn’t. Forge, Moira, Dr. McCoy and Professor Xavier found a suitable place for the X-Men and students that remained to hide from the rest of the world, and continue their training. Isabella hadn’t known what to expect, but she certainly hadn’t thought the Professors would choose an underground location.

Nor had she thought it would be near Alkali Lake in Alberta, Canada.

It was some kind of some facility that they’d redesigned to contain everything the X-Mansion had. Dormitories, cafeteria, classrooms, various training areas, a few indoor greenhouses, lounges, and even a Danger Room. The work had been quiet but efficient and thorough with the assistance of many mutant minds.

Isabella was still getting the nickel and dime tour from Scott, following his lead like a wide eyed child. She remembered being intimidated by the X-Mansion at first…But this place was an absolute maze. The songstress had been one of the few to volunteer helping the younger students get settled in to their new home, so while she followed Scott, they followed her. All little ducklings, following the papa duck. Since they were less able to defend themselves, they were being moved first. The others should be coming along shortly. With no less than five X-Jets running trips it shouldn’t take long at all.

Everything was so new and seemingly well taken care of…She couldn’t believe that this place had once been half underwater and wrecked so badly that no one could even get in.

It was almost beautiful, something she found ironic when she thought of the horrible things happening in the real world. The décor was a strange mix of hard metals and soft colors. They’d thoughtfully given the area high ceilings and small homey touches that Isabella couldn’t believe were possible in such a short amount of time. Just how much money did Professor X really have?

I never thought I’d see you smile again., Scott Summers commented off handedly, pausing while he looked over the mezzanine that went down for several floors, showing how far down the facility really went. For a while he’d wondered if something permanent had broken within his pupil. Though all things considered, she was hardly his student anymore.

Isabella looked away and watched group of pre-teens that followed her “ooh” and “aw” over the crystalline lights that came down from the ceiling in the middle of the mezzanine. They glittered, passing down every floor, making it feel warm and welcoming. “I didn’t realize I was.”

Why she smiled was beyond her. Of all the things to draw unwilling emotions from her, it was the sight of a new Institute that moved something within her. The X-Mansion hadn’t felt like home for a long time. There were too many awful memories. This felt like a new beginning… Though Isabella still had many things to take care of, people to talk to, wrongs to right…This was a start.

Scott didn’t say anything in return, and merely placed a hand on her shoulder and they continued on. He pointed out places the younger students should and shouldn’t go, but Bella knew they weren’t really absorbing it. Eventually she helped guide them to their dorms, leaving Scott to tend to someone else. The rest of the Junior X-Men and students would be here soon.

Once the younger students were situated and insisted they didn’t need her watching over them every moment she let them be, finding herself standing in the hall on the second floor. She should have gone to unpack, but there was still too much to see, even though her room was full of boxes. She leaned on the railing, a little taken aback by how far down the compound went. There was a pool of water far down below, but she couldn’t tell if it was really a swimming area or not from so high up.

This was their home from now on? It seemed safe. Secure. Some small part of her couldn’t help but disagree. Nothing was ever safe.
                                                  User Image

"I'm dying to catch my breath...
Why don't I ever learn?
I've lost all my trust
Though I've surely tried to turn it around.
Can you still see the heart of me?
All my agony fades away--When you hold me in your embrace."

OOC: Please read this post. It contains more information on the facility and what happened after the Sentinel fight..  

Angel Reaver

Greedy Capitalist

Selena Lucania

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:18 am
User Image

▆▆▆▆▆▆ ▆▆▆▆▆▆ ▆▆▆▆▆▆ ⇡⇡ βehind these Ҫ A S T L E Шalls...
                                IT'S SO EMPTY LIVING BEHIND THESE CASTLE WALLS
                                XXXXXXXXX ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ ⋱⋱ On top of the world is ß E A U T I F U L ⇣ ⇣ but there's no place to fall

☼- - - - - - - - - - 》 》
                                XXXXXXX IF I SHOULD TUMBLE; IF I SHOULD FALL; WILL ANYONE HEAR ME

NO BODY KNOWS I'M ALL ALONE
                                LIVING IN THIS CASTLE MADE OF STONE
                                I'M TRAPPED INSIDE IT ALL

Team: Omega
                                Codename: Solaris

User Image

Packing was quite possibly the most pedestrian thing in the world. It was so beneath her in every way that she’d employed a slew of eager little first year students on a slaves wage to do her bidding. After spending so much time among fresh air and mountains, it almost felt good to have doting minions again. Box after box of neatly packed items left her dormitory, followed by rack after rack of clothing. It might have seemed excessive, but she actually had a storage area almost entirely full of things that she would be leaving behind.

The world was a ******** up mess. Plain and simple. They'd kicked the s**t out of the Sentinels, but in her eyes...Bolivar Trask living and breathing was a mistake. No matter why they fought...He would always make them look like monsters.

Maybe they were.

Every so often pale blue eyes flickered towards the doorway, half expecting to see the Blackfoot native that was her shadow. He was ever there, holding on to the whole of the heart, even though he was nowhere in sight. If she concentrated hard enough she could almost feel his curve of his smile, pressed against her cheek… Crystalline eyes snapped open when she realized what she was doing and she immediately snarled at the poor student watching her day dream. “What are you looking at? Get back to work, brat.”

The sun goddess swept to her feet, all grace and poise, eyes deliberately flaring white to prove her point. Her little elves scattered like she was some sort of dragon, no doubt telling all their friends how they were nearly eaten.

Settling back into her own skin she wandered towards the open window, leaning against the frame. Sunlight had always brought her comfort and security in the past. But it didn’t seem to help now. Soon she would be buried underground for bloody God and Queen knew how long. There was a twisting feeling in the pit of her stomach, even though Emma had assured her that her needs would be met. There was only one person that could truly quell her concerns…And it was the one person she had to stay away from.

He was the one and only person she felt such an unholy pull towards. Her heart ached at the loss…Cracked, when he wasn’t near. The attraction was stronger than any magnet—So tangible that she felt like she could easily follow the path it made straight to his door.

Narcissa hadn’t explained what had happened when she’d gone home with Aren to anyone, not even Kerrigan. She never brought up the incident with the Shadow King, not even to Emma. And her mentor hadn’t asked, except to inspect the mental blocks in her mind. It was strange, but the Red Queen wasn’t going to question it. It wasn’t that she didn’t trust her ginger sister… She simply didn’t know how to explain. Emotions had never been her strong suit. She failed at them in every way, and always resorted to anger.

How could she explain that in the span of a few weeks, a boy two years her junior had become everything to her? That he was a piece of her, something she’d always been missing. How could she explain that he made her better than what she was, completed everything she was.

Thoughts and words like that felt childish. Like things from a story book. It was also incredibly wrong. Her relationship with Aren was far more precious than any of that drivel…And twice as forbidden.

Measure was technically under age, to start with. He was one of her Omega’s. They were hers to protect and teach not to covet and cage. Yet somehow she’d managed to chain him to her for the rest of his life. She’d compromised every belief she’d ever had…

'Things have to be…They have to be the way they were.'

Those were her pain filled words on the way home, her vow. She’d tried to stay away since returning to the broken school most called home. And she’d shattered that vow time and time again. It was impossible to keep her distance, or to even find a balance. When their eyes met everything pedantic and practical that should have mattered fell away. Nothing else mattered. Not the X-Men, not the Omega’s, not the state of the world…Nothing. Every footstep in the opposite direction always brought her back to him.

Sighing, miserable, she ran a hand through her hair, trying to cool her blood. How was she going to survive this? How would he? There really wasn’t any going back.

If she was being honest with herself, she didn’t want to.

User Image

Most people slept on flights. Not her. Oh no, she had to sit in the back and listen to all the little cherubs snore to their hearts content. After the first half hour on the X-Jet she wanted to retrieve the gun from under the seat and blow her bloody brains out. Weighing the gain of a hole in her head versus the loss of the new Herve Leger asymmetrical minidress that she wore stayed her hand. It was one of her favorites, a silver foil print body-con. Sophisticated but figure-flattering with a bandage applique construction.

All in all, a modern work of art, with a lot of imported spandex and rayon.

Everyone underestimated Narcissa’s secondary super power, which was the ability to wear incredibly tiny dresses without flashing anyone. At least she had enough sense to wear knee high boots so she wouldn’t toddle around in snow drifts in open toed high heels. She kept a long white cloak-jacket with a furred hood slung over the back of the chair. She honestly wasn’t sure how long they’d be in the cold, if at all.

Either way, this whole fiasco sounded horrible. Cold? Underground?

Horrible.

Her stomach churned at the notion of being so far away from the sun. It wasn’t fear…Just extreme discomfort. Eventually, against her better judgment, she found herself unbuckling so that she could check on the still bodies Emma had left her temporarily in charge of. b***h. She only really cared to check on her own. Spotting Orchid sitting on the end of an aisle she let her hand brush the girls shoulder, alerting her of her presence. “Only a bloody hour left to go.”

She honestly didn’t think the hair manipulator liked being cooped up any more than she did. It was for the best though, wasn’t it? It was smart to separate the monsters from the sheep till they got complacent and forgot who exactly had the sharp teeth and fangs.

Narcissa passed Lillian with the same motion, noting that the girl nearly looked asleep. The sun goddess envied her and her ability. To be able to change what she was so easily... She could probably pass for human when she wanted. Even if the darkened cabin of the X-Jet Narcissa’s her skin gave off a faint, otherworldly glow. On a regular plane she would have had to hide it. She could never be normal.

Gideon sat in the seat ahead of Lillian, staring with angry eyes at nothingness, or so it seemed. From what she understood Emma hadn’t really given him much of a choice. If he was planning on following the X-Men still…He would have to travel over with a group of experienced, and inexperienced fighters. Just in case something went wrong. There just wasn’t enough staff to go around. “Don’t wear such murder eyes. You’re going to make the brat next to you have an accident. They’re putting me in the earth and you don’t see me scaring little girls to death.”

Though, it was tempting.

She knew he was still having that ridiculous 90210 drama with the Alpha leader, but she honestly couldn’t care less. Narcissa had plainly informed the tin man time and time again that the harpy was ill suited for him…But he had the same listening problems every Alpha did. The only redeemable quality about him was his potential for brutality.

Passing the metal man she paused when she reached Aren’s row. There were two girls in the window, chattering about something that sounded like English, but the Red Queen couldn’t follow through the giggles while they prodded the native. She refrained from touching him, unlike the others, actually stopping herself. She wanted to… More than anything. But he was different. Leaning around the seat she tried to see his face—But like Lillian he seemed like he might have been sleeping. She couldn’t quite tell, but it seemed harmless.

Careful footsteps let her walk over his legs without jostling him so she could steal the open seat beside him. Ice blue eyes swept over his nearly innocent features while she rest her side against the seat, right leg crossing over her left. She watched him expressionlessly, silently expecting him to give her answers to questions she hadn’t asked. His mere proximity caused her stomach to settle a little, something she was grateful for.

It bothered her more than she wanted to admit, not seeing the light again. Not seeing him, in the light again. For who knew how long. She was afraid to reach through their link to find out how he felt, lest she wake him.

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:50 am
User ImageUser Image
L o c a t i o nxxx T h o u g h t s xxx O O C

[ Hangar ] xxxx[ Back to Campus ] xxxx[ bleh bad post] xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The last month and a half seemed to pass at an accelerated rate - as though time had literally flown to the point that landed the X-men moving to Canada. Going toe to toe with the sentinels again would forever be etched in his mind, but if he had needed to cope with what he had seen at all, Blake concealed it well. Instead, he had been the friend that Bella needed - her shoulder to cry on so that she could eventually step back and pick up the pieces. Every day, just as he'd promised, got a little easier. In effort to help her, he had requested to be switched from the Omegas to the Alphas, but he guessed that Scott had seen it, and was blissfully ignoring the notion until he was cornered over the matter.

He admired her strength, believed in it when she no longer did for herself. Seeing her in shambles kept him from returning home during the break, kept him from going out to the mutants that popped up who might also need help. For now, the molecular manipulator chose not to stray far from the dark-haired leader.

With so much political unrest surrounding mutants, he'd landed in a nasty fight against his father, which had his normally cool demeanor heated; were he a cartoon, steam would have been flying out of his ears. The man in his eyes, was a hypocrite. Texas had always been considered a conservative state - and had been faithful to the Mutant Registry Act since its initial bill. His father had voted in favor of it, in order to protect the citizens - regardless of the fact that his son had inhuman abilities. When the Act had passed on a federal level, he had instructed Blake not to register for fear of scandal to the Tanner name, with a little "for your own safety" tacked onto the end of it.

"I'm fine." He insisted for the fourth time in less than two minutes. His mother had taken the phone, pleading for her son to return home, where she could ensure his safety. A large portion of him believed that his mother's motives were less than pure - that she acted not solely out of love for him, but to appease her husband. "Mom... I'm needed here, where I can help the people like me. One of my friends has had a rough time from all of this - which you can relay to your husband - " She cut him off then, her voice sharp as a knife's edge, reminding him that her husband was still his father and while she could understand his anger...

He tuned her out then, his breath coming out in a hot huff as his blue eyes focused on the ceiling, where he started counting the number of tiles to remain calm. "Listen, I promise I will come home for a visit as soon as things blow over. I can't just leave... I'm nearly ready to graduate." And then, if his father had anything to do with it, he'd go to Yale for a political science and law degree so that he could start learning the politics from the bottom up. His apathy toward the subject gave him cause to be thankful that his grandparents' names had been on his largest trust fund. No matter how he disappointed his family, the control had been transferred to him when they both had passed... so his parents couldn't punish him by cutting him off. This far in, he'd made a very secure future for himself with the money the funds accrued by reinvesting most of them into various accounts, just in case he ever broke ties with his family for their loyalty issues. With how tense things had become, Blake wasn't sure that path could be avoided.

He heard his mother sigh, and he took a breath, happy that this conversation was finally coming to an end for the day. "You too." He responded with feeling before hanging up, echoing her sentiments of love. After the click of her side hanging up, Blake allowed himself to breathe, his jaw still clenched as he punched a doorway. Every day for a week they had had this conversation, and every day, he fought to curb his tongue, knowing it would be too caustic to be respectful toward his father.

After a few minutes, he slid his phone in his back pocket and made his way from the hangar and down to their new home. Adjusting his backpack strap on the one shoulder, he lifted his watch-communicator to his lips, paging Bella. "The second round has made it here. What's your location?" Really, they'd made it here about twenty minutes prior, but they'd been sifting their stuff from the jet and had been much too awed to care that their mentor had left them momentarily to take a phone call.

By the time he got down to the first floor, all of the students on his jet were sitting on comfy-looking couches, chatting it away. He clapped his hands together and smiled at them, blue eyes counting to make sure everyone had made it to the designated spot. "Alright guys... let's get you settled in your new dorms."

He led them around from what he knew of the place, telling them the quickest routes to the kitchen and dining areas, the showers and bathrooms, and finally their dormitories. He met up with Scott and Bella then, but their backs were turned so he simply smiled into the comm, and said, "Nevermind on that location update." The man nodded toward the headmaster as he closed the gap between them, his expression one that he'd schooled himself to have so that he at least appeared respectful. "Any word on that request for transfer, sir?"

A Primrose Path

I-The-Risen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:31 am
Gabriel Byrne
Thoughts: Six Weeks and a Relocation, interesting to say the least

User ImageThe prison mission had gone quite well, given all the insanity. Though the arrival of Magneto and his Brotherhood sparked some controversy. He had to resist the urge to break protocol and try to put a bullet in him himself. A month and a half had gone by quickly, but Gabriel planned accordingly. First thing first, he immediately went home and grabbed a couple things. He wasn’t sure how long it would be before he could see his family again, so he figured this was the best opportunity. The big package he was grabbing was a targeting computer. With some rifles, the shots they can make are farther than anything the human is capable of calculating. So a computer was brought in to make the calculations: wind speed, temperature, even measuring the rotation of the earth relative to the bullet. There was one problem with it in his mind: it was too large and cumbersome to carry around.

When they were relocated, he wanted to break down the components of it, and scale it down to a suit. Something a shooter could wear along with body armor. Full mobility while still being able to make shots from a mile way if the shooter needed. After all, if he was gonna try to get that shot on Magneto, he needed to make sure that b*****d did not see that coming. When the time came, he planned to put that magnetic manipulating son of a b***h in his cross-hairs and do what he promised his father.

Put. Him. Down.

He sat there on the plane, getting this work compiled onto a flash drive. He’d seen the Omega leader Narcissa make her way down the aisle and sit down. Hopefully he could get a couple minutes of her time for this. It was a project he was working on ever since they got attacked by the Sentinels, studying some of the wreckage; specifically he took a look at the optics of the Sentinels. If there was one thing he knew about these things, it was they had the ability to detect mutants and likely single them out from a crowd.

With that theory in mind, he began working on the proposal and prototype for a device that in theory could hide a mutant’s presence from Sentinel scanners.

He got up from his seat, palming the flash drive in his hand, a bit of a sweat forming over his forehead. If there was one thing he knew he wasn’t good at, it was talking to people. It certainly did not help that this person was a earthbound star in human form. So he decided to make it short and sweet. Making his way down the aisle, he found himself standing next to Narcissa and another gentleman (Aren) that happened to be asleep.

Thank god, means only one person could see this mess potentially unfold.

“Do you mind if I steal a moment of your time Ms. Luciana?” he asked tentatively, flash drive practically stuck to the palm of his hand, “I have something that might benefit both the Junior Teams against future Sentinel encounters.

Revealing the flashdrive, he spoke again, this time with some more confidence, “It’s a prototype I’m working on. If you have a laptop, feel free to take a look now. The research, theory, and techno-babble are all in there, but the gist you should get out of it is simple: a device capable of hiding mutants from Sentinel scanners, possibly MRD scanners as well if they run on the same technology. He calmly placed the flash drive beside her, on the arm rest.

“Bella’s receiving one as well, however since you’re the only team leader I’ve encountered I felt it best to get you a copy as well. Once I get settled, I’ll be working on this more with Forge. Enjoy the rest of your flight.” he then immediately went back to his seat. Which was then turned somewhat awkward by having Kat’s legs swing over onto his lap. He sort of tensed up, his eyes going a bit wide. Then he calmed down a bit, realizing that this was just Kat being Kat.

Least he hoped so.

OOC: Bad post is bad. Kat placed with writer’s permission.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:40 pm
User ImageUser Image
                                              User Image
                                              At this Location: Jet
                                              Thinking About: Making my way downtown, flying fast, faces past, and I'm home...soon?
                                              While on Team: Alpha

I've got hot words

Lyn liked to think that she contributed to the team's efforts during that rescue operation. She counted herself lucky she didn't really have to fry any live humans: just giant Rock Em Sock Em Robots. The smell of burning wiring was always a much better than the smell of burning flesh(Yikes, that was a dark thought!). Whatever her team would call that mission, Lyn would call it a success. She purposely kept herself oblivious to the true details of the mission, hoping that the ignorance would keep her from glooming over the more macabre details of the mission. She had seen some pretty brutal takedowns by some of the other members, and as much as she liked to show off, using her powers against live targets always brought a sick feeling to her stomach. She wanted to dazzle, but not sizzle.

Nevertheless, the mission 6 weeks ago was behind her, and through a series of events she wouldn't admit to keeping track of, the X-men moved to another base. She definitely wasn't aware of this location, but a shelter was a shelter: so long as they were safe, it could look as dingy as it could.

That's what she said, but after being told that the base was underground, away from sunlight and natural life, the mystery and excitement of a new home immediately fizzled away, replaced with gloom. What were they, gophers now? There was no way they expected themselves to ride out the last events underground, right? This had to be temporary, and no amount of movie magic scenery outside the "t.v. windows" would make her feel any more comfortable.

The only upside of their new living arrangements was her getting her own room again. Just like last time, there was a second of annoyance at rooming with no one else, until she realized it was literally her room/her rules. Again. Cool. At least everything wasn't completely bad.

In fact, the more she thought about it, the more she could try and give the place a better feel. Maybe...she could pretend the entire base fallout shelter, and that the world topside was going through the Apocalypse (in reality, it was pretty much lockdown for mutants anyways, so she wasn't too far off). And, and...perhaps when the time is right, the X-men will burst out from their underground lair and take the world back! Yeah, that sounded much better than the team living underground to avoid the upper ground's rules.

Oh, she just made herself bummed out again. Whoops.

The ride to the new base was killing her though. She would have been on an earlier plane, but her fussing with the proper placement of Big Red to make sure her 'baby' didn't get scratched made slowed down her moving progress. She ended up having some of the others wrap the cumbersome instrument in bubble wrap, then packed in an area where nothing would fall on it (after much assurances by some of the other students), then proceeded to spend half of the flight worrying about something denting it anyways.

It was only recently that she was able to get her mind of the accordion, and instead focused on the new base they were headed towards...with disputable results. But her seat near the window kept her busy enough to not let her worries spill out onto the other passengers. At least her sweats and workout jacket kept her comfortable. She did originally intend on riding to the base wearing some nicer looking clothes, but she accidentally let her powers flare up whilst reacting to a lone spider hanging in the corner of her room, burning the spider and her clothes in the process. Good thing her room was locked...

"I hope we can still buy clothes from our new home. I need some replacements..." she said aloud, baiting someone to talk with her. The view outside her window was starting to get repetitive, quick.
                                              User Image
                                              User Image

Aeon-of-Eclipse

IRL Werewolf

Lillian longbottom

Shadow Creator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:37 am
ALPHA Off to the hidey hole..

User Image

After the attack on the sentinels many students left to visit family or for other reasons. Lillian didn't go anywhere. She didn't have any family to visit. Well family that she wanted to visit, at least. So thanks to her lack of personal ties and a social life she found herself being pulled into Forge's lab to aid in packing. It was a tough job getting his more important and dangerous experiments ready to be moved.

The world had already been a scary place for mutants. But now that fear had gone to a whole other level. Their kind was to be hunted down and forced to register. Those that comply are tormented. What actually happens to those that refuse to register hasn't been shown, but they made it clear that severe punishments were to be given out.

So now the X-Men were forced to go into hiding.

These events were becoming more and more like certain events that kids were taught in school was a horrible act of mad men. Maybe Magneto was right and this peaceful coexistence with non-mutants wasn't possible. Even being abandoned by her own father when her powers surfaced didn’t leave her thinking like that. It just left her feeling alone and unwanted… But thanks to her grandfather those feelings didn't last. The anger and frustration she felt towards her father remained, but she had never before questioned the prospect of peace.

Thankfully she was able to distract herself with the tasks given by Forge and Beast. Coupled with that and her awesome roommate Tara, and the lovely Kerri, her amazing friend and former teammate, she hadn't let her dark feelings consume her thoughts.

Currently she was sitting on a plane heading toward their new underground hiding spot in a remote area of Canada. As she sat there her exhaustion finally got the better of her. If the power mimic hadn't drifted off to sleep when Cissa passed the girl might have asked the Omega leader to take the seat next to her. Lillian would have likely just clung to her till the plane ride was over. It would have been nice to hide in the woman’s ability and absorb the familiar comfort that came from mimicking her power, and from being near her. Most people found Narcissa caustic, but the Omega leader had always made time for her, even after she’d been transferred to the Alphas.

At the same time Lillian would of felt bad for doing so, as it would have drained her friend of the energy that she would need given their destination. She’d used Narcissa’s ability a dozen times before, and knew her needs better than most. Nothing the professors could set up for the Omega leader would be as good as natural sunlight. She would already be weakened, not like she would admit it.

Not to mention that the Omega leader showing weakness in public was a huge no no.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:23 pm
Aʆєxaηdra Ӎaʀiʆèηє Agηèȿ
Codename:FlairerUser Image

❃❂❁❀✿✾✽✼✻✺✹✸✷ ✶✵✴❄❅❆❇❈❉❊❋❖❤❥❦❧ ☀

(())

It had been six weeks since the last mission. She didn’t know how helpful she had been on the mission. She just knew she tried her best to be a productive member. Even if she wasn’t so confident on her usefulness, Alex did feel their mission had been a success…for the most part. For while their actions had made a dent on the Sentinel program, it didn’t feel like there was much of a dent made in stopping mutants from being discriminated. If anything, it felt like it was getting worse.

She remembered how her mother called her, trying to persuade to come back to France because of the growing tension. The idea of going back home had been very tempting. However, Alex had a sinking feeling that if all of these efforts against mutants could occur in America…then couldn’t it easily occur anywhere else? She didn’t want to endanger her mother by being selfish. Also, Alex hadn’t given up hope that X-men could make a difference.

Thus, Alex chose to stay. She just hoped she had made the right choice.

Alex sighed softly and leaned up more against her plane seat. She glanced around at all the others that were on the plane. She wondered how they felt about the past mission, let alone about everyone being relocated to a new base. While a part of her felt excited at going to a new place, she wasn’t so sure about the idea of being underground. She felt like she was going to turn into a rat at this rate.

Luckily, a random comment by Lynette allowed her to shift her thoughts away from their new home. “It would be nice if we could.” Alex remarked with a smile on her face. “Though, why do you need replacements? Did something happen with your clothing?” She turned to face Lynette the best she could and tilted her head. “Or are you looking to…spice up your wardrobe as they say?”

❃❂❁❀✿✾✽✼✻✺✹✸✷ ✶✵✴❄❅❆❇❈❉❊❋❖❤❥❦❧ ☀

"We will drink our fill of Alpha
Then, of golden sunshine that spills into X-Jet
Till our brains intertwine with Others on the plane "

x-EternalAlice-x

Blazing Genius

14,025 Points
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Generous 100
  • Waffles! 25

)(Over.Dose.On.Cyanide)(
Crew

Feral Dog

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:13 pm
Chameleon

Daylia Astralloxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Team Omegaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
Daylia sat in her seat on the jet, her eyes simply closed. She wasn’t sleeping, hell she couldn’t if she tried at this point. Unfortunately she wasn’t one of those people who could just sleep anywhere, and after being packed up and moved, her mind was working overtime preventing sleep from taking her. Her family stuck out in most of the thoughts. Her father had wanted her to come home, but with everything that was going on, it would be safer if she just stuck with the academy.

After a moment her eyes slid open as she lifted her head, taking inventory of who was around her. She heard Lynette mention something about shopping. Daylia was obviously the last choice for anyone to talk about that with, but she had no doubt they would be restricted in what they were able to do at this new underground facility. Her eyes soon switched to Alex, who chose to respond.

"Not to burst anyone’s bubble, but I doubt they would allow much to be shipped here. No one is supposed to know about it" It was simply a fact. No one was supposed to know where they were, so she doubted that the UPS man would show up. Though if they did get something set up, she doubted it would be used for frivolous things like online shopping.

Daylia eyed the redhead for a moment as she weighed the question Alex posed. It had nothing to do with her, but of course things were too boring to ignore a conversation going on right besides her.
"I doubt she needs new clothes." D said with a shrug. "Some people think that a woman can never have enough though." She leaned her head back in her chair, choosing to look to the ceiling. All of this coming from a girl who was currently dressed in sweats and a T-shirt. What the hell did snow know of fashion?

There were a few other conversations going on, but this was the only one she bothered to half pay attention to. She did her best to stifle a yawn as she attempted to stretch her back. How much further did they have to go? An hour. And hour too long. She had no desire to be stuck in one building, but at least it was safe, right?

""

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:04 am
User Image

User Image
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x TEAMxxOmega
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x LOCATIONxx Jet to the new base.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x THINKINGxx ............

Normally the words “Glad he showed up” didn't go in the same sentence as the name Magneto. But thanks to the Master of Magnetism the X-Men and Junior teams suffered far less injuries than they would have in Rochester. Gideon would have been lying if he said he hadn’t thought that Magneto was tempted to turn and pull his adamantium plated bones out one by one. Slowly. The man's absolute hatred of him wasn't exactly unfounded, thanks to his former association with HYDRA. Thankfully that night there were bigger things on Magneto's mind than him.

In the six weeks that had gone by since the attacks Gideon had continued to try to talk with Bella to fix what was broken between them. But it never seemed to work out. Just like before, he couldn't get Bella to remain within 20 feet of himself long enough to even say ‘hi’ let alone talk. He knew she was using her gifts to effectively avoid him. She could mask sound, but she didn’t seem to remember that she couldn’t change her scent. Her avoidance hurt him more than any physical wound that had ever been dealt to his body. As time went on he found himself falling into the 'soldier mode', as Bella called it. Whenever he hid in the training HYDRA had forced on him, she had always been the one to call him on it. Even though it had been awhile, he found that it was much like riding a bike.

Minus the merciless killer portion.

In order to distance himself from things as the pained looks and silent cries of Isabella tore at his heart more and more, Gideon took to constant patrols of the grounds. Since the student body had been allowed travel, Gideon could also be found leaving the mansion to go for a drive from time to time.

In the past few weeks he had also time spent with Katerina, or rather it was she who spent time with him. He never actually sought the girl out—Not that there was really any need to. The shape shifter was almost guaranteed to turn up at some point during the day. She’d even taken to hoping in his car at times when Gideon was getting ready to pull out of the garage to go for a drive.

He wanted to delay his trip to the new facility as much as possible. The prospect of being locked underground didn't sit well with the pseudo wolverine clone. Not being able to be in the freeing power of nature that his more animalistic side craved was bothersome. To be trapped in a gilded cage with recycled air, artificial lights, and pathetic scenes of the outdoors to prevent cabin fever wasn't a comforting thought at all. It didn't matter if it worked on others, he needed the smell of fresh air, the true sounds of nature, the feel of a breeze across his face and the warm rays of the sun on his skin.

Now he was seated on an X-Jet headed for the new base, mostly against his will. Emma Frost had made his choices very clear. He stared out the window watching the land and clouds below them. The sounds of the engines mixed with the snores of those who were sleeping on the plane, providing some kind of white noise. Cissa walked by and made a comment about him having murder eyes and scaring the younger student next to him, but he didn't respond right away.

“I am not looking forward to the gilded cage.”, Was all he eventually uttered. He wasn't in the mood to trade quips with his team leader at the moment. He was on one of the last transports out because he’d personally wanted to stall this trip as long as possible.

One of the very few good points to this new base was that he might be able to get his hands on some old Weapon X research.
                                        User Image

Played By: xxxxx
Kai26

Kai26

Unbeatable Titan

l e a sidhe

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:02 pm
User Image

➔ On the Jet next to Orchid
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

When she first heard the news of their plans to relocate, Magda was actually pretty excited. It didn’t take a genius to realize that Greymalkin Lane was no longer safe, and she wanted to get as far away from those sentinels as possible. Her latest encounter with those fugly metal beasts had resulted in a piece of shrapnel in her arm and a newfound hatred for robots. It wasn’t a bad mission, considering it was her first mission ever. In fact, she had to admit that it went pretty well. Not only had she survived but she had also helped take down a few sentinels. And for that, she was pretty damn proud. But despite the adrenaline rush of knocking down metal beasts, she had no interest in playing with those robots anytime soon.

There probably wasn’t a single city in the country that was safe for people like them. Her assumption was that they were planning to move out of the country. To where she didn’t know but the possibilities were endless. Her excitement rose with each place that crossed her mind. She’d spent almost her entire life in New York. This was probably her only chance to leave the country and live elsewhere. She thought about Greece, Italy, or Romania. She loved exotic places. Especially in Europe. But unfortunately, it seemed the Professor had other plans.

Her excitement instantly evaporated when she found out about Alkali Lake. Canada? Really? There was a difference between going into hiding and diving into a mountain of snow. The latter usually resulted in death. She understood they wanted to remain hidden but wasn’t death a bit… extreme? Of course, she knew they weren’t actually going to die but going to Canada was probably at the very bottom of her bucket list. To her knowledge, anywhere other than Toronto was a frozen wasteland. And as if her dreams weren’t already crushed, apparently, their new home was conveniently located… underground.

That ruined the only redeeming quality she could think of. Their new home was underground in Canada. It was so unbelievable she didn’t know whether to cry or laugh.
                                                “Now I’m not only going to freeze my a** off but I don’t even get to ride a moose… because our home is underground,” She spat, annoyance clear in her tone. The petite girl sat next to Orchid on the jet. In the past month and a half, she’d gotten closer to the girl, perhaps even to the point where she’d call Orchid a friend. She thought Orchid was interesting. Her hair was always fascinating to look at and her outfits were always unique. “Whatever. I’m still going to find me a moose. Otherwise what’s the point of going to Canada?”

She’d called her mother after finding out about their plans to relocate. Her mother’s tone had been cool as always with only a tiny hint of affection. She had kindly suggested that Magda stay with the Academy for her own safety but there was a hidden message in the words unspoken. There always was. Taking her back would endanger the Carlisle family and they were far too important to have their name tainted.

It had been that way for the past three years. She shouldn’t have expected anything different just because she was going to be living underground in a frozen wasteland for the next however many months… or years.

Well, at least she was in good company. Orchid had kindly dyed the sides of her hair burgundy and styled it for the trip north. Magda liked it and in return, she went into Orchid’s closet and took (borrowed) one of her shirts. It was a black Joy Division t-shirt. She didn’t even know what Joy Division was but she liked the shirt and she thought it would fit well with her new hair. Perhaps Orchid would like her outfit too. After all, it came from her closet.

Narcissa came by and said something about an hour left. Magda sighed and fidgeted in her seat.
                                                “An hour. Am I supposed to sit still for a whole ******** hour? I swear I’m going to go crazy before we even go underground.” She swung her legs back and forth, lightly kicking the seat in front of her. It was one of the only good things about being short. She could at least move a little bit in her seat. Magda hated sitting still and being strapped to a seat in an aircraft was torture. “Help me. Please.”

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:35 pm
User Image

[ ʈ | ɦ | ҿ S | i | z | e | - | S | h | i | f | t | i | n | g ]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxOmega - Unrested - Jet

Vacation had been just what the doctor ordered. More than anything, Aren missed his home; it called to him as readily as the bitter winter wind whipped between the mountains and brought snow to the valley. He belonged there - among the trees and people who shared his beliefs. It had taken him months to scrounge up enough to be able to afford the plane ticket home, and the wait was longer still for a good time to make the trip. Most of his monthly allowance still was sent to his family so that they'd have an easier go of it... so he'd skipped the extra meals, had sworn of his coveted Doritos long enough to be able to provide for his family, and still save for the trip.

He'd jokingly asked Narcissa to come along, truthfully expecting her to refuse to leave for an area with no mall anywhere close. But after all the chaos from the Sentinels, the quiet, secluded life held some appeal for her. He'd promised that she'd get the full cultural experience while she was there, and he'd done his best to keep his word - despite the Shadow King ruining part of their visit.

What happened over the course of their time there could be described as many things - unexpected, blissful, and life-changing were the three that came to mind. For months Aren had been semi-actively pursuing his crush on Narcissa... and the more she resisted, the more fun the chase had been. The size shifter hadn't taken her home to seduce her, but he hadn't complained with the results of finally being on even ground.

In just a few short weeks, she had gone from being one of his best friends, his superior, and the elusive flower to being his world. The drastic change had left them both breathless and confused, but neither had complained. Overnight, it was as though they'd become one entity - when she moved, so did he.

While they leisurely (the word used very loosely here) spent their time getting to know each other as more than friends, Aren had thought very little of the immediate future, and how things would be when they returned. So when they had touched back down to campus... the world became increasingly hard to exist in.

Unlike most of the students hustling around in a frenzy trying to get their stuff together, the native had little to fill more than a few suitcases. Most of what he had packed away had been things he intended to send to his family in Montana, letters from his friends in the tribe, and the suit that Narcissa had fitted for him so that he'd look decent at prom. He really didn't have a lot of clothes, so Narcissa probably could have used the extra bag.

His thoughts drifted towards his earthly version of the sun and he found himself wanting to knock his head against a wall. Thinking of her had become taboo, but as essential as the air he took into his lungs. Since they had stepped off the plane, his team leader insisted they go back to normal, that he would simply be another one of her soldiers, nothing more. For her sake, he had agreed... willing to do anything to make her happy, to look upon her smile and know he'd put it there.

But keeping his distance tested his will, and brought them both to the breaking point of their resolve time and again. The magnetic pull he'd felt toward her before vacation had amplified a thousand times; now it felt like a piece of him came up missing any time she strayed too far. And despite their best efforts, his subconscious led him to her before he knew what was happening, and vice versa.

Sighing as he swallowed the need to be at her side, suppressing what he could so that he could almost function, Aren zipped his pair of suitcases and headed out to the jet.

> > > time skip

Her discomfort was a tapeworm, evaporating everything inside of him. Aren shifted in his seat, a frown set deep in his expression as he pretended to be asleep - actually trying to get to that state. The two girls in his row made it impossible. Apparently, they were members of the fan club he'd not ever really endorsed. As they poked his sides, snickering at how solid he was, he let out a steam of hot air through his nose, obviously channeling her frustration - likely that someone was touching him.

That realization and the warm feeling returning to his chest caused chocolate eyes to peer up at her, a hidden smile hinting at the corner of his mouth. "Ki'somma." His voice greeted warmly, her nickname honey to his lips. Just having her sit so close calmed him, filling a void she left every time they found themselves apart. The urge to pull her closer was almost too much for him to bear, but he stayed his hand, reminding himself that Narcissa wanted discretion if nothing else.

Staring at her, his feelings were clear through their bond, though he kept it hidden from his expression; there was no way going back to way things had been would be possible. Being one with her meant it couldn't.

Gabriel made his way down the aisle, and Aren watched with amusement as he mustered enough courage to speak to the red queen, obviously nervous by the shifty look hanging in his expression. As the boy spoke, he seemed to gain a little confidence - obviously ready to stand behind his idea. With his little speech said, the alpha hurried back to his seat, and a hearty chuckle escaped the native.

At least he'd gotten away before she could burn him.

[ N | a | t | i | v | e ]

▂▂▂▂▂▂ ▂▂ ▂▂▂▂xxxxxxxxxxxx

User ImageUser Image  

The Bunit
Captain

Tiny Bunny

17,950 Points
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

iPixie Bunni

Dangerous Capitalist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:45 pm
User ImageUser Image

BLAME US BECAUSE WE ARE, WHO WE ARE
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxhate us because you'll never get that far
_____And who'd suppose, you would go . . .

I ' v e xx a l r e a d y xx l e a r n e dxx e n o u g h xx t o xx k n o w
xxxxxxxxxxxxx And xxherexx wexxare . . . xxforeign __toxx their xx world
xxxxxxxxxStraight xx and xxcomposed. xx Your xxsermonsxx I xxcouldxx do xxwithout.

xxxxxxxxx I'VE FINALLY FOUND THAT EVERYBODY LOVES TO LOVE YOU WHEN YOU'RE FAR AWAY

After the pandemonium that was the Sentinel attack, many of the students had decided to take a break for some R&R; Aurelie had been no different. With their days at Graymalkin lane most assuredly coming to a close, the telekinetic ventured back into the city to spend time with her sister, not knowing whether or not they would stay in the state for too much longer.

The visit served as a temporary goodbye and also a cause for celebration. Anne had been promoted to the head editor of Vogue, so the two did a mad spree through the city, shopping wherever she had clout... which meant of course, Aurie nearly had an entire new wardrobe to add to her already expansive one when she got home.

After three weeks of feeling as though she were a part of a family again, seeing a few productions, shadowing her sister at her job and even helping be a fit model for some of the upcoming shoots... (no pictures, just making sure the clothing hung correctly) Aurelie had returned... only to find out she had a mere two days to pack. Even with her telekinesis causing things to fly right into the correct boxes, it wasn't enough time to not make her frazzled.

She packed right up until it was time to board the jet - which Felix had been kind enough to remind her of. Her blue eyes widened when she caught him leaning up against the door jamb, startled as usual when he made one of his speedy entrances. Her hand hit her chest, as though to stop her racing heart to emphasize that he shouldn't try and scare her so often. Recovering quickly, she handed him a pair of boxes, leaving them in his hands before he could say no. "Oh good, you can help me carry these. "

He might have noticed when they were carrying her things out (she hadn't really asked so much as continued to hand things to him to transport back to the jet) , how much her inventory had grown. Catching his smile and a wry chuckle, she glowered at him. "What are you laughing at?" She asked accusingly, figuring she'd done something stupid again. He was always the one to notice. But she hadn't tripped, hadn't spilled anything... hadn't said much except to herself as she went through her mental checklist of things she'd packed... So what gave?

Once everything was ensured to make it to their new home, Aurelie took a seat next to the Omega speedster. "Thanks for that." She said, sinking down into the cushion after planting a chaste kiss on his cheek. "I owe you big time."

Felix grinned then, his smile wolfish and teasing. "You have no idea, blondie." His tone was suggestive, which made her freeze and almost regret recruiting him for moving.

His menacing words caused her to sit up, expression skeptical. She should have known his help loading things would come with a price, but hadn't thought about it in her panic to get everything done in time. "What do you mean, speedy? What exactly were you expecting?" If it was within reason, the telekinetic would be glad to return whatever it was he was getting at. But her ideas of within reason often didn't coincide with his. Boys.

The speed demon's reply only left her more unnerved about just what she'd gotten herself into. "I can think of a few things, but really... I would rather keep them a surprise. Let's just say you are... In my debt..."

She could have sworn her eyelid started twitching because of the way he worded his response, and she sat up to get a better look at him. "I don't like the way that sounds." The blond stated, slightly worried. "Considering we didn't actually make a deal about this when I enlisted your help. I reserve the right to veto your debt collection until you come up with a suitable idea."

"Whatever you have to tell yourself blondie. By the way... I think I noticed some... Interesting lingerie when muling your boxes back and forth..." He trailed off, the pause dramatic. "You should model them for me later as a thank you. That isn't going to pay me back... But it's a start."

Her face immediately flushed with color as soon as he brought up her unmentionables. "I know I didn't hand you that box." She insisted, flustered enough that the declaration was all she could say for a few moments while she worked on regaining her composure. "And I'm not modeling them for you." The telekinetic finally got out, her tone cross. "Veto."

"No... No you didn't... But you did just confirm such a box exists."

Usually when their conversations ended up at this point, Aurelie made a mental reminder that Felix loved to cause trouble, and that she should limit her time with him. But usually, by now... he'd gotten her to dig a deep enough hole that he wouldn't soon forget their conversation. This time was no different. Confirming that the box did in fact exist meant he would likely bring it up at the most inopportune times. Sighing, she fought the urge to pull at the ends of her hair in frustration. "But that doesn't mean you'll get to see them." The Alpha remarked, adding mentally, 'on the floor or otherwise.'

OOC: Felix placed with permission.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:50 pm
User ImageUser Image

Six weeks had flown by after they finally got back from the sentinels. With all that had happened, Gracie had suspicions that some of those problems would re-surface sooner rather than later. While many students had taken the opportunity to go home and visit family, she didn't have that option. Until Bruce was stopped, she couldn't. More than anything, the raven-haired girl wanted her parents to be safe, and them having contact with her at all compromised that.

Instead, the hex manipulator remained on campus, helping where she could and working with Emma to build walls to help her against her telepathic ex-husband. Because the White Queen's schedule was chock-full... she hadn't done as much of that as she'd liked. The free time had been occupied by much needed manicures after working with Kerri for training. While her mutation worked fine, the showdown with the sentinels had made her realize she'd dropped the ball on actual fighting. She quickly aimed to rectify that mistake.

She'd spent a lot of time with old friends, catching up -Lillian and Kerri specifically. She'd listened to the red-head's relationship woes, offering what little advice she could - though it came with a forewarning... Obviously she wasn't very good at her own relationships, as evidenced by her hiding out at the academy. They'd compared stories of what they'd done the past few years - Kerri's life far more entertaining than her own. And the more time she hung around friends, the more she wondered why she'd ever left to begin with.

While others dreaded the move to a new location, Emlen looked forward to it, feeling like changing places would be more secure - secluded and untraceable. It hadn't taken her overly long to pack up and find her way to the jet. Naturally, she chose a seat near Kerri, with Lillian in the row directly in front of them.

"So... underground huh?" Of all the changes, that was the one that made her the most nervous. "What do you think it'll look like?" She asked her eyes reflecting an avid curiosity, and made it obvious that her wild imagination was running rampant at the possibilities. In one vision, she'd even thought it might have a moat.

"Given that it's Professor Xavier in charge of it..." She pressed a finger to her lips and looked up to the ceiling. "Definitely not like a cell or basement-y. Right?"

Satin Promises

I-The-Fallen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:53 pm
Roland Chevalier
Thoughts: Relocation, wonderful

User ImageThe smell of the concrete was what got to him the most. It was cold, damp, and the sunlight simulating fluorescent lighting did not help disguise the fact that they were underground. He walked around the underground facility with bare feet, hating every step that he took. He made recommendations to have lights installed that simulated sunlight, in order to allow for the students proper Vitamin D production. Being stuck down in a subterranean location held certain health risks, something that they needed to address along with every other situation that could be posed. He made his way about, he’d taken his time getting himself acclimated to the facility.

After all, unlike the rest of the base, he had no place to go home to.

He’d been going through the paperwork that was left around the base. Organizing it as best as he could. God knows how much was actually there, but there was plenty of it around the entire complex. Though this morning, it was just waiting and walking. The others were going to make it to the base by now and he was starting to get a bit stir-crazy. He of course wanted to see Kerrigan, something he’d been looking forward to since he’d gotten here. After the Sentinel facility, he’d come back with a pretty nasty knife wound that required bed rest for a bit. The two of them were able to talk about everything. How he’d screwed up everything between them.

And how despite all that, she’d forgiven him. He’d begun to… make it up to her. But she’d gone to see her family, probably the last time they’d see them in a long time.

The younger students tended to avoid him. Granted, he didn’t blame them. Between the scarred up man and someone like Scott he figured that the leader of this whole operation would be a better option. Speaking of Scott, he spotted him giving Bella and some of the younger students a tour of the facility. Having been here for the past several weeks, he had the place pretty well mapped out.

“Hey Scott, I got most of those old files organized and stored in one of the old labs down on the sixth floor. It’s locked up for the time being, until you or McCoy want to take a look. I personally wouldn’t mind getting a good read of the material too.” he addressed Summers, giving him a report of the most recent task he’d undertaken. Given the circumstances, working with the older X-Men down here had given him a bit of leeway in addressing them. He maintained respect, with a tiny injection of informality.

Looking to Bella and Blake, he offered the girl a pleasantry, “Bella, Blake it’s always good to see you about. Finding your bearings about the facility?” he offered her a pleasant smile, his eyes glowed gently, even in the fluorescent lighting. Blake was someone he didn't know much about, and he'd wait to hear more.

OOC: Permission to use Scott in my post ok’d by Angel Reaver  
X-Chronicles (Completed Story Arc's)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 49 50 51 52 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces