Submit

Mewmouse
Crew

Dangerous Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:52 pm
The Way You Make Me Feel
(Cameron meets Calypso)

Cam:
Cam hadn't gone near the ocean in awhile now. Between sketchy weather, and other things he hadn't forced himself near the water in sometime. But there it was again. That irresistible pull to go to the beach and do some surfing. He made sure his wet suit was packed in today since it was on the chilly side, along with the rest of his necessities and headed out to the car.

He'd come to accept parts of his memory weren't going to return. That there was things he'd never recall. Or at least it would still take a lot longer than he'd like. Still, he couldn't dwell on the forgotten.

The drive was uneventful and quiet, and once at the beach he stared at the water with a gnawing sensation in his stomach as he suited up. Before long he and his board were settled on the water and he paddled out, breathing deeply. "I don't know why I'm so scared. I've wiped out plenty before....never stopped me...or scared me. I won't let it beat me."

Caly:
It had been a long time since Calypso had seen the man; weeks, maybe a month or two; she’d lost track at this point. She was starting to believe she’d never be able to meet him again. Last time she hadn’t even caught his name. And the whole initial introduction had gone so very poorly. She’d caused him to have an accident, one that she was certain he’d never forget or forgive her for.

She sighed as she clung a rock, the waves gently crashing near the tips of her little blue tentacles. The sky looked like it had that fateful day, and the sorrow in her heart just increased. The others had warned her no good can come of interacting with those strange creatures that looked to be half Pokemon, half human. But this one’s aura? It was irresistible and she knew he would let no harm come upon her. If only the opposite were true.

From her little rock, Calypso could see the usual menagerie of surfers and swimmers without being pestered by their attempts of battling and capturing. She tended to shy away from such things naturally anyway. But today she had an urge to get closer, so she released her hold on the rock and slipped silently into the waves.

Cam:
Cam was glad the day seemed relatively calm even if the sky and all seemed so similar to the day he'd had his accident. The sky didn't rumble however, merely dark from heavy clouds. He could handle this well enough.

Finally he found a decent enough wave, not too big to terrify, and not too small to be worthless and he stood, feet sliding along the familiar board. He sucked in a deep breath and attempted to ride the wave, knees suddenly shaking and buckling and he toppled into the water with a shudder, blood running cold again. What the hell was wrong with him!?

He was treading water slowly, catching his breath and trying not to be sick.

Caly:
There was that feeling again. Her heart began to beat quickly as the sensation of a familiar and intoxicating aura could be felt. She quickened her pace, no longer wanting to float listlessly in the waves. It was him; he’d come back, and she could feel it. She was so excited that he was here once more, that she’d initially forgotten the accident of last time.

As she neared, however, her mind went elsewhere, to darker thoughts. What would happen if he was still angry with her? Again, it’d been her fault he’d lost control of that board he’d been on when she first mustered the courage to go introduce herself to him. She didn’t even know what he was doing on that board… but when he had fallen off, that’s when everything went south.

So, she held back a bit, her white crest poking out of the water, eyes barely above the surface. She was within sight of him now, only a few yards off, but she dared not get closer. There were no rocks around to hide behind either, so that was a little unnerving for her. What to do? She figured just watching him from this distance was safe. If nothing else, she could dive deeper under the water, if it came to it.

She found him utterly fascinating, even if he seemed to not be so comfortable on the board. He kept falling off it, though she was fairly certain that wasn’t the goal of whatever he was doing. Yep, best to hang back and watch.

Cam:
Cam draped an arm over his board and sighed softly as he floated in the water. He knew he had to get back up there and actually make the ride fully, he had to beat the niggling fear in his head or he'd never be able to get over it.

So he slid back up on the board and began to paddle again, past a crest of white in the water and deeper into the water where he watched the water, waiting. He'd been surfing for years. He yearned to reconnect to the sport he loved and he opened his eyes, resolve showing there. He was going to do this!

Another wave, larger than the last swelled and he prepared himself, and at the right time he got onto his feet arms extended and began to ride, exhilaration pouring through him, washing away the fear. He knew he could beat the fear!

Once his ride ended naturally he cheered, fist pumping in the air causing several people to stare at him like he was crazy but he didn't care. he flipped his hair from his eyes and ran back into the water, paddling out a broad smile on his face, and peace settling over himself, and once more he sat there waiting. No need to be hasty. Just be one with the water.

He felt eyes on him but didn't look around, assuming it was someone from shore watching, wondering if he'd continue cheering like a looney once he made another ride. The idea made him laugh!

Caly:
Calypso watched intently, trying to understand what exactly he was doing. As he paddled right past her, she froze, wishing him to pay her no heed. Whether it was her innate psychic abilities, or just the fact that Cameron was so focused at the task at hand, she didn’t know, but he did swim past her without a hint of caring. It caused conflicting feelings in her. Her own, natural bashfulness praised Arceus that she’d not been seen, but her longing to learn more about the man cursed her for being so afraid.

As she watched she could feel his emotions changing, or maybe it was just the way his body relaxed, that she’d noticed. Whatever it was that he was trying to do, she had a feeling he was going to do it this time. Her eyes were focused on him as her climbed on his board, wave approaching. The way he seemed to glide on top of the water like a Mantine was truly amazing to her. She’d never seen anything quite like this.., though she’d seen humans perform the act multiple times; somehow it was different with him. He made it look like an art.

When he’d made his run successfully and cheered, she did as well. Two little white tentacles waved in the air briefly before being pulled back under water, hopefully unnoticed. She even managed the quietest of “yay”s, only to be manifested in the shape of a bubble emerging from her little beak and breaking the water’s surface with little-to-no sound. She was excited to see him do it again. So excited in fact, that she was oblivious to her own movements. She was floating closer to him… just like last time.

Cam:
Cam felt something odd in the air...much like he had the time he'd had his accident, and he paused before doing anything else, trying to sense where the feeling was coming from. It felt familiar. What...what was it?

His eyes snapped open. It was that odd pulling sensation he'd been feeling for awhile now! Was the source here!? Sitting astride his board he looked around carefully, and spotted....what was it? Something coming closer. He shifted and bent a little to get a closer look. Was that a sea creature? He couldn't quite tell, and slipped into the water slowly not wanting to startle whatever it was and cause it to dart off. "I...wonder..."

Caly:
The little Inkay froze in the water; he’d noticed her. Oh no, now what?! She couldn’t think straight. Should she run? Stay still and pray he just thinks she’s a bit of trash floating along? Oh dear, she thought, this is just like last time! Stay calm, stay calm! She had to keep her abilities in check; last time she’d gotten far too excited and had unleashed that wave of dark psychic energy that’d caused him to topple off his board. She didn’t want that to happen again. Oh no, not at all. She thought she’d killed him last time… after she realized he couldn’t breathe underwater. And she certainly didn’t want to try and get him back to land again. That’d taken its toll on her telekinetic abilities, as small as she was.

She waited, watching as he slipped into the water. Her gut instinct was to swim as far and as fast as she could, but she couldn’t resist the pulling of her fascination with him. So, utterly conflicted, she bobbed in the water, her eyes peering over the surface, hoping that he wouldn’t lash out at her. “No, please, anything but that,” she thought, “Please don’t hate me…”

Cam:
It was some sort of sea creature, but it looked more pokemon than actual creature, and he eyed it curiously as he got closer. It wasn’t swimming away, or attacking…it looked scared. Of him? Well he was a lot bigger he surmised. Still he couldn’t help but reach out carefully, a curious look on his face.

“Don’t worry, I’m not going to hurt you.” Of course he wasn’t going to hurt the unknown little critter. The moment his hand came to a rest atop of the Inkay the pull he’d been feeling semi stopped…but there was a strong magnetic effect instead as if he didn’t want to move away. Couldn’t. No, this was the feeling he’d noticed before, and he couldn’t help but smile, a soft laugh coming from him. “Well that’s interesting. You put off a curious energy little one.” There was nothing but kindness as he looked down at the pokemon with a smile.

“Never seen a pokemon like you before. Wonder what you are.” Because obviously it was a pokemon!

Caly:
She winced ever so slightly as he reached out towards her. It wasn’t out of fear that he’d hurt her, but quite the opposite. She didn’t want to hurt him again, not that she’d wanted to the first time either. She didn’t want him to trigger anything she couldn’t control, really.

Calypso’s fear seemed to vanish as soon as Cameron’s hand came to rest on her, however. She couldn’t help but coo and blush lightly as he spoke too. One of her white tentacles lightly rested on he hand, the suction cups immediately taking hold, only causing her blush to darken. Yet another thing she couldn’t really control. “S-sorry,” she managed in the lightest of voices.

Cam:
He couldn’t help but notice the fact the little pokemon seemed to blush, and he have a light chuckle. If this wasn’t the most adorable pokemon he’d ever met, he didn’t know what one was! the suckers clinging to his hand didn’t bother him any, and his hand continues to rest there just lightly. “It’s alright you’re not causing me any harm. Do you have a name little one?” his head tipped curiously as he looked down at her. “You seem…familiar. I’m trying to figure out why. Maybe I’ve seen you before while I’ve been out here surfing.” Oh if only he knew! He tugged his board closer and rested his free arm over it to help keep himself afloat with as he waited for the shy pokemon to talk again.

Caly:
Calypso’s dark eyes fell as he asked her her name and mentioned that she seemed familiar. It seemed his accident had taken a bit of him memory with it. She blamed herself, of course, and couldn’t bring herself to look at him again. She sank into the water a little, so only the yellow, glowing dots and her white crest could be seen. How was she supposed to face him now? She didn’t want to be rude, but she was pitying herself a bit.

Eventually, she deemed it best to answer. She waggled her tiny, blue tentacles, raising herself so her beak was above the water and she could speak once more. “Calypso is my name.” She still couldn’t bring her eyes to meet his. She wondered if she should also tell him that that had indeed met before. He obviously felt it, he did voice it, after all.

Her volume became even quieter and her beak slipped below the water, leaving her next answer incoherent to most. “We have met.”

Cam:
“Calypso…such a pretty name.” he smiled at the Inkay gently still wondering why she was sinking under the water. His hand moved away from her head, thinking she was wanting to go, but he didn’t move away from the other, and instead continued to float, watching her curiously.

At her saying they’d met before he smiled, then looked sheepish. “I’m sorry I don’t remember. I had an accident awhile back and I lost some memories. I still don’t remember some people…or events is my understanding. I’m sorry you’re one of the ones I can’t remember.” He did sound truly sorry. “However, I’m happy to be able to meet you again. So you know I’m Cameron then right?”

Caly:
Needless to say, she was surprised he’d heard her say they’d met, some of her telepathy must have snuck through, planting the thought in his mind. That was a bad sign.

Her body twisted in the water, her white tentacle finally releasing itself from Cameron’s hand. She couldn’t really shake her head, given her body structure, so this was the next best thing. “I didn’t get your name last time.” This was the most she’d ever spoke to any creature in her life. She wondered what made him so different.

Cameron. That name seemed to fit him, somehow. She loved it. “I like your name too,” she cooed honestly. “I-it’s nice to finally meet you… properly.”

Cam:
“Ahh sorry I didn’t give my name last time. If I was out here, I was probably focusing on the waves and catching the perfect ride back to shore.” He rubbed the back of his neck apologetically looking sheepish. “My friends call me Cam, so you can call me that too if you’d like.” Well, why not? He didn’t see why he shouldn’t offer the option to her as well.

He shifted looking up at the sky. It was growing darker both in the clouds and the fact the sun seemed to be setting, which mean he ought to get out of the water soon, the cold was starting to seep into his suit a little anyhow.

Caly:
“Cam,” she repeated, a soft, caring tone to her voice. Her light blush returned, realizing he said friends called him that.

“You have to go,” her heart broke a little. She could see it written all over his face, no need to be a Psychic type for that. “I’m sorry if I kept you.” She fluttered back in the water. The coolness didn’t bother her much, honestly. The water was as much her home as the shear cliffs near the sea, both of which were never really that warm this time of year.

Cam:
"I do unfortunately. It's getting late, and the water is cold for me, even with my wet suit on. But I can come back again soon if you'd like? Tomorrow even." he was surprised by how quick the suggestion came from him, but he didn't mind. He reached out and brushed a hand over Calypso's head. "Don't sound sad Calypso, I like surfing so I'm here a lot." which was the truth at least.

Caly:
“Yes, I would like that a lot,” she spouted eagerly, instantly turning red at her brashness. She even nuzzled into his hand as it caressed her. She felt so comfortable around Cameron. She really didn’t want him to go, but at least this visit seemed to be going far better than their last one. And he promised to be back… somehow she knew he would be too.

Cam:
"Then I'll definitely come back to see you tomorrow Calypso." he smiled as she blushed, amused by her shyness it seemed. It was adorable as far as he was concerned! He pulled away then and pulled himself out of the water to paddle back to shore, pausing to look at her again before he did. "You be well little sea princess and I'll see you soon." he winked and started the trip back to the sand where he saw to pulling off his wet suit, and raised a hand in farewell to the water where he was sure she was still floating just out of his sight, and turned towards his car feeling happier than he had since his accident.

Caly:
Calypso watched silently as he paddled off, his words replaying in her mind. She was shocked that he’d given her what seemed to be an adoring nickname. So much so, that her blushed did not fade.

She watched until the speck she knew was him walked off the beach and into some strange device that carried him away. The feeling of his aura faded, but she was happy. She’d see him tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:04 am
I Want to Be…

It was a very pretty ceremony, whatever it was for. Calypso could sense the amount of love coming from all the attendants, as few in number as they may be. In truth, she was more interested in just one of the gentlemen standing nearer the ocean on beach. He was the shiny Zebstrika teen that she’d met on a few other occasions. She had an uncanny draw towards his aura almost all the time. It could be ignored if he wasn’t near the ocean, but it was nigh impossible not to follow where it led her otherwise. Today it had taken her many miles from her cozy little rocky outcropping she called home.

She felt vulnerable out in the vast openness of the ocean here, thankfully there had only been a few Tentacool that had crossed her path. She’d let them go about their business, not wanting to start anything. This was their territory; she was just a guest. And even though they shared a common cephalopod appearance, the two species rarely had any love for one another. That’s normally what happened whenever you got a Psychic and a Poison type together, though.

When she’d gathered the actual ceremony had finished, she watched the group dance in the sand until long after the sun had gone down and the torches began to go out. At this point all she had seen were silhouettes, outlined but the flames’ light. Regardless, she could tell which one he was, just by his aura. And she watched his graceful moves until he seemed too tired and headed out of sight. Calypso deemed it best to head home at this point anyway. It was long past the time she was normally home, in safety. She carefully scuttled off, leaving the sense of love behind her.

The further she floated, the more she could sense something following her, putting her ill at ease. She swam faster, but t still seemed to be following her, whatever it may be. She spun around quickly, but saw nothing. Still, that sensation was there. She was beginning to feel fear welling up in her. The little Inkay swallowed hard and continued on her way as fast as she could go.

Her rocky outcropping was in sight, causing a relieved smile to cross her beak briefly. But that feeling… it was still here. She wasted no time in scuttling towards it as quick as se could and climbed inside. Nothing had happened. She breathed easier now, her white tentacles placed over the area that would be her chest, if she had one. She was beginning to calm down now. What a silly notion that something had been following her.

That’s what she was thinking, until a faint glow began growing at the edge of her view. It was a soft pink color, but she couldn’t see what was causing it. Whatever it was, though, was coming closer. She squished herself against the rock wall as best she could, all while shaking from terror. When it came into view, however, she was immediately confused. It looked like a floating, star-shaped rock.

It hovered in front of the entrance to her home, not moving otherwise, for several moments. Curiosity at this point had taken her. This was what had been following her? But how? Why? What was it? She unglued herself from the wall and slowly, cautiously approached the floating stone. It seemed harmless enough. She reached her white tentacles out, wrapping them around the stone. It felt so warm and light.

“Are you a real wishing star?” she asked it, “If you are, could you, maybe, make me like him? I want to be with him.” She closed her eyes and pulled the stone close to her, hugging it tightly. “Please?”

The glow grew brighter, causing her to shut her eyes tightly. After a moment, she opened them, but no longer saw the stone in her tentacles. She did not look different, no did she feel any different, except tired. Sighing, it seemed that her day was catching up to her. The little Inkay scooted herself back to her bed area and huddled down for the night, not knowing what fate awaited her in the morning.  

Mewmouse
Crew

Dangerous Nerd

Mewmouse
Crew

Dangerous Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:05 pm
When You Wish Upon a Star

As the sun crept over the horizon, the light peaked into a small cave overlooking the ocean. Its sole inhabitant, Calypso, a young Inkay, was fast asleep. As the light filled the cave, however, he eyes fluttered opened. It seemed like a normal morning, but she could tell that something was different. That floating stone from the night before... it had caused her to fall asleep. And now, she felt odd, larger, in fact and different in other ways.

The first thing she noticed were her hands, and the fact that she had two, attached to arms... instead of her long white tentacles she'd had before. Her shorter, blue tentacles were now longer, accompanying a torso and head separated by a neck. And she could feel something around her face, like seaweed. She pushed herself up to a sitting position, and brushed her hands through the tangled, curly mess. Hair. She'd heard some of the humanoid swimmers talking about it once. Hers seemed quite long. She continued to play with it for several moments while thinking about the prior night.

"My wish has come true," she said quietly, the sound of her own voice giving her a bit of a shock and causing her to jump. She brought one of her new hands up to her mouth and giggled a little, blushing at the thought that she may be a step closer to being with Cameron.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:35 pm
Sirens' Call
Calypso and Eulalia PD  

Mewmouse
Crew

Dangerous Nerd

Mewmouse
Crew

Dangerous Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:33 am
Join in the Round
Calypso and Switch PD