Welcome to Gaia! ::

Writers of all kinds

Back to Guilds

A place where all kinds of writers can come and show off their skills (no bragging) 

Tags: writing, poetry, critique, story 

Reply Writers of all kinds
Welcome to the Guild! Come in and introduce yourself Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

epical awesome
Vice Captain

3,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:12 am
Hi there,
I'm Will but you can call me Epic or Will or Epical awesome, but I prefer Will. I am the vice captain of this guild. I'm a guy just to let you know and my favourite style of writing is probably fantasy but I do like sci-fi too and I write a bit of poetry too, people say I'm good but sometimes I doubt it.
My strong points in writing are probably coming up with a good story line and characters, week points are spelling, grammar, names for characters, finishing my stories, and tons of other stuff.
I think that's all there is really to know about me so ummmmm... BYE!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:30 pm
The name is Ravyn, with a Y not an E.
my name is Ian if you wanna use that instead.
im 18, and have a story im working on. i mainly use Fantasy in my writing, ive also got some poetry ill post later on too, but for now i think ill just stick with what ive got
my reading interests: anything fantasy/mystery i read a lot of books...my mom says she can never have enough reading material for me sweatdrop  

Ravyn94

Romantic Guardian

23,700 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Miasmal Lake Visitor 25

Jabrid

Invisible Friend

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:29 pm
Hullo~ Name's Yami. I'm 18 and live in Colorado.

I mainly joined the guild to be in the artists corner where you'll find my art shop set up for you to come order art of your characters if need be.

But ill admit as well I'm very much a writer myself and might take to talking more about writing in this guild.

I love fantasy and mystery writing as well as comedy. Ive started writing several different books in the fantasy, comedy, and thriller categories. I write a lot of modern day things but have also tried cyberpunk/futuristic, steampunk, olden days, early 1900s, ect ect.

I love the colors blue and black and i adore bunbuns (rabbits) and kitties. My favorite type of characters to write are demons and insane characters.

Strength:
-character development
-character designs
-suspense
-lengthy description
-figures of speech
-writing ideas
-grammar

Weakness:
-getting bast the first part of the writing
-writing fluency
-harnessing character personality
-SPELLING
-leading the story's direction
-missing details  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:29 am
My gaian username is JudgeGuillotine. Real name is William and yes, I'm male. I'm 20 years old and just finished my first year of college. I've been on this account for roughly three years, but had another account prior, so I've probably been on gaia around four or five years. My preferred style of writing is fantasy or science fiction – most include elements of each other. Currently I'm working on a book that includes both these genres and hope to make it into a series. As for my favorite reads, I also prefer a fantasy or sci-fi book to anything else. My least favorite is non-fiction. However, I don't read very much of books (prefer manga). The few books I do read are a Game of Thrones and the Warhammer 40k series. In writing, my strengths lie in description, character development, story development, and plot & character concepts. My weaknesses are story openings, dialogue, lack of information (in some cases), and (at times) story direction. I hope to find some good criticism and suggestions here as I work on my book.  

JudgeGuillotine

Questionable Inquisitor

7,350 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Kage Shunketsu

Dangerous Dabbler

7,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:38 am
Hey hey Hello! You may refer to me as Kage. I love writing; write as a hobby and have creted an enumerable amount of stories. I prefer Fantasy/Fiction of nearly any kind and am open to ideas. I also just set up shop in the artist section so that means I enjoy and am an avid artist. I can't wait to get involved in this Guild and to get to know you guys!

Strengths:
gaia_angelleft Storyline/Plot Development
gaia_angelleft Character Creation/Concepts
gaia_angelleft Diaologue

Things I could improve on:
gaia_nitemareleft Completion of Stories
gaia_nitemareleft Settings
gaia_nitemareleft Story Continuity  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:07 pm
Hi! My name is Josie and I'm 15. I live in France. Writing and reading is my favorite thing to do. I joined the guild because I love writing. My favorite genre to read and write are fantasy and realistic fiction. I like to write about old time things and I barely write modern things.

Strengths:
~grammar
~spelling
~description
~dialogue

Weakness:
~repeating words
~getting ideas
~finishing stories
~editing
and I have a lot more but I forgot them.  

Innocent Hope

Gracious Giver

7,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Nebbia d Argento

Vermillion Gatekeeper

22,050 Points
  • Power Surge 50
  • Team Player 50
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:44 pm
Hello there,

My name is Argento, pleased to meet you all.
First of all I would like to thank SnowBlazer for giving me a chance to participate along with all of you, hope we get to know each other and develope our skills to its finest. May I warn I'm not native to this language so I would like
to apologize in advance for any grammar issues I might sprout during my interventions within this guild. I know it's not an excuse and I would gladly take any advice from you.

Let's see, since I'm more fond to Role play than actually writting I would assume my weakest spot is the unnintentional godmodding with my characters in stories
once I get to re-read it I sometimes grew a despise for my character since it looks cheap of how he got from point A to B so fast or as how he/ she / It dominates a subject asap in certain situations.
Ironically, building a Character's background is also one of my weakest spot, since I sometimes get carried away with it, at some points I end up creating a story of how that character in particular became what he is at the very start point of the adventure. Now I feel I haven't made clear myself, I don't want to sound all like "I write lotsa stuff" but my point here is that I got carried away with it I actually miss the whole purpose of the original story I was trying to write or develope. At times its so frustrating since I really wanted to pull a story in a particular way, but because of the background I created I ended up shredding appart the main history since it's no longer supported by the background.

Now, virtues I guess? I happen to enjoy almost any kind of genre aslong as the story itself shows something interesting to peek at. I actually tend to like more Secondary/Third characters or even the extras within a story rather than the main character, for some reason I've found them more attracting most of the time. So, Scifi but mostly mystery/conspiracy stories are the one's I like the most. May I add I'm actually pretty amateurish at reading as well since most of my lectures where inspired by actually watching a movie first. Then again either movies, mangas or books. When the plot involves leaving clues and dead ends it's where my heart becomes content with the story.

I hope that would be enough for now. Nice meeting you all and thank you once again for Accepting me in this guild.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:11 pm
✖✖✖ - Hi! I'm new to this guild. I'm Daffney, call me Allie. I'm 16, going on 17 on October 20th. I love fantasy, but I LOVE writing mysteries, horrors, and romances.

MoonIess

Newbie Tycoon

the little madeleine girl

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:02 pm

Hello,

My name is Ieune. I am pleased to meet you all.
I am a sixteen year-old, high school senior currently residing in the eastern part of the world. I will be entering college in May next year and sure, I'm nervous! But right now, I have those college entrance exams to worry about (I have one scheduled this Saturday). Hopefully, I do well and not shame my family.

Anyway, i joined this guild because I love reading and writing. Actually, I've been reading novels and books for as long as I remember thanks to a school program. The writing part came after. I prefer writing short stories and recently discovered roleplaying. I'm trying to write a novel though I'm quite sure it isn't so stellar. I just want to write down stories I come up with, basically.

My favorite genre has got to be fantasy, mystery/suspense thrillers, and autobiographies. But I read all sorts of books. If I like a book, I would keep reading it during any free time I have.

I think my strengths are storyline and plot, character backgrounds, and grammar while my weaknesses are dialogue, story completion, and details in descriptions.

Well, that's all for now. I hope we can get to know each other in the future.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:37 am
Well hello there! This is very exciting, as I poke my head in here. biggrin Looks like you guys got what's goin! Oh how wonderful, I say, as I wring my hands together in a mischievous fashion. twisted As far as my name goes, I'll refer to myself as Yanto - if I'm not, of course, writing in the first person for my general conversation posts. I won't consistently Gollum-ize my words, or whatever. (Insert mumbled ramblings....)

Moving on! Strengths and weaknesses. If I were to discuss this in detail, I'd likely sound like a...mildly put, like someone very confident in my own writing. Which, I am, but my style is rather...strict. People who read my writing will understand what I mean.

Anyway, good to settle in here with ya! biggrin Thanks for having me, I look forward to sharing some friendships with you guyses in the future.  

B C Yanto

Friendly Gaian

Essiekins

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:43 pm

Hello, I'm Essiekins, or Es, or Essie - that's if you want to shorten my name of course! gaia_angelright

Anyway, a little more about me: gaia_angelright
I am 24 years old, I have been writing since I could pick up a pencil. I currently have two novels complete, a third one on the way in the same series. I usually write Fantasy or paranormal Fantasy. I also write Christian Fiction Fantasy. Poetry is a little difficult for me, but I enjoy it when it is relevant and sets the mood or story off just right.
I really enjoy a good read, as long as it grabs me by chapter three, I am able to read any book except Horror. sweatdrop

gaia_angelleft gaia_star gaia_angelright Strengths: gaia_angelleft gaia_star gaia_angelright
gaia_angelleft Storyline gaia_angelright
gaia_angelleft Descriptions gaia_angelright
gaia_angelleft Completion of Stories gaia_angelright
gaia_angelleft Character building gaia_angelright

gaia_nitemareleft gaia_diamond gaia_nitemareright Weakness: gaia_nitemareleft gaia_diamond gaia_nitemareright
gaia_nitemareleft Grammar gaia_nitemareright
gaia_nitemareleft Spelling gaia_nitemareright
gaia_nitemareleft Writers Block - especially on long stories/novels gaia_nitemareright

Well that's about it, for me that is. I'm really easy going, I love to role play, it helps with my writers block when I am writing a story - if your stuck, try it out!

Anyway, I've jabbered on to long, toodles!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:50 am
Hello, fellow writers. Greetings and Well Met. My name is Patrick, you can call me that or Synr. I am a male, age 17, my birthday is two days after Christmas sad .

My writing style is unique, I think. I like to write a lot of fantasy short stories. I'm currently working on my second trilogy.

Good: I like to make int interesting, it's usually 10-15 pages a story
Bad: Sometimes get Writers block, never really describe characters.

I'd like to get better at describing the characters, maybe more descriptive scenenes (though I'm getting better).  

DarkSynr

Ruthless Phantom

Dark_poet822

Lonely Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:44 pm
Hello Guild! My name is Shiloh-Ann. there are a few nick names you can call me: shy, Ann, Shy-ann, Dark, Poet, or what ever you can come up with. =3 I am 18 years old and i am a female! i am a song writer, poet, story maker, drawer, artist, and college student!
I will read/write anything as long as it is good and keeps my attention! i guess my one down fall as far as being a writer is concerned is the fact that i tend to ramble or have tons of spelling mistakes.
to understand me and my style of writing i feel you should know a little bit about me and my past.
growing up i was abused physically, sexually, and mentally. i grew up being bullied for my speech disorder, lazy eye, and other issues that go along with that. today i still have the lazy eye, i still have speech problems and i am deaf in one ear and almost deaf in the other. i have arthritis in my knee hip and back.

i love music and everything about it. i love writing and the expression that comes with it. if i do not have the drive to write or the passion to fuel it i absolutely WILL NOT write/sing/dance/draw.

im not a popular person because i speak what others are to afraid to, i speak the truth and nothing else.

well if you would like to know anything else about me feel free it quote me or send me a pm.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:05 pm
My name is wordwielder, but call me John. I have a funny love of science fiction though I choose to write poetry and fantasy stories rather than nonfiction and drama. My favorite hobby as of right now is attempting to write poetry. I am an a 24 year old education major in college and want to teach writing and language arts. Please rate my work and I hope to do the same to everyone else.  

WordWielder

just another scrub

King Noob

14,900 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:01 am
Hey everyone, my name is Ronald. I am 25 years old and I live in Ohio. I am interested in all kinds of different styles of writing but I think I would have to say my favorite style would be Horror. I am interested in going to college for Creative Writing and English Literature, but currently have a few bumps in my road. I joined this guild to hopefully better myself at what interests me, and maybe make a few friends. Here are my pros vs cons. I'm certain there are more, but I right now I can't think of any.

Strengths:
*Spelling
*Grammar
*Description
*Ideas

Weaknesses:
*Dialogue
*Editing
*Transitions
*Story Development  
Writers of all kinds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]