Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:14 pm
Hellish Nightmares of Loss Bring Sweet Dreams of a Hopeful Reality

The rain was furious and the park was devoid of life. But one being, a baby Vulpix, frantically attempted to crawl among the leaves of a tree to hide. More than once he was launched back to the ground by the fierce winds, only to lunge back up to the tree again. All the while it cried and yipped, begging for assistance.
"Sarah! Sarah!" It yelped. "Help! I can't climb up!"

There was no answer.

"Help me, Sarah!" The Vulpix wailed.

No reply.

"Sarah! PLEASE!" It cried.

Again, nothing.

The Vulpix whined, sobbing. In a last ditch attempt, it lunged upwards with all it's might. Finally, four small paws landed on the thickest branch of the tree and the kit scrambled forward and into a hole in the trunk of the tree.

"SARAH! SARAH!" It shouted, shivering from the cold. "I made it! We should start a fir..." Its voice trailed off, red-brown orbs wide with fear. His home was empty and the wood had been damaged by flame. Scratch marks and claw marks were made in furious pattern out yet another hole opposite the burn marks, a sign of a terrible struggle for freedom. The little Vulpix hurried to peer out the hole and what it saw made it jump out of it's skin.

It hopped back out into the rain and bolted to the back of the tree. There, it shrieked.
"SARAH! SAAARAAAH!" It cried, rushing to the bloody body of a Ninetales. Nudging proved useless, as did biting, nothing the vulpix could do could make it's friend move. It heaved a terrible shriek, one that could shatter windows, before a weak yellow tail caressed it's head. The Vulpix stared down to its friend, a tired red eye now met it's own terrified eyes.

"Get. Out. Hurry." It muttered, nuzzling noses with the vulpix. "They'll. Get. You, too, 'Baster."

"NO, SARAH!" The Vulpix cried. "I won't leave you! Come with me!"

"Its. Over, 'Baster. They got me." The ninetales replied, glaring at the vuplix. "NOW GO! THEY'LL GET YOU TOO! GET OUT OF HERE, 'BASTER!"

The Vuplix sobbed and nuzzled the ninetales again before taking off in another direction. It ran and ran until it could no longer breathe. There it flopped onto the grass, exhausted. It's eyes closed slowly, a single tear flowing down it's face."

------------------------------------------------

"Sarah! Please come back!" Alabaster yelped as he awoke from his nightmare. He blinked and peered about, realizing he was no longer in the forests. He was in his trainer's apartment and he had been safely sleeping beside his new best friend, Damien. A sigh was heaved as he laid his muzzle on top of Damien's fur, tears forming in his eyes.
"Don't you ever leave me, Damien..." He muttered, his eyelids drooping. "You're all I've got. No matter how hyper and... Dumb you can... C-can... B-be."

And as quickly as he had woken, Alabaster had fallen back asleep again. Both foxes rested peacefully together for the rest of the night, identical smiles upon their furry little faces.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:18 pm
[PD] A beautiful day to be cuddly and lazy! ('Baster/Carwyn)

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:13 pm
There Can Be Miracles, When You Believe...

It was just past midnight on a particularly misty night when Alabaster found himself unable to sleep. Though this was unusual, given the fact that he was almost never awake, the little fox seemed rather accepting of the hindrance. He had risen from his bed, minding not to wake Damien who he had been cuddling with, and wandered aimlessly into the hall. Within the darkness of the room he let out several tiny bursts of flame to light his path, illuminating his tired, yet alert features.

He padded silently towards the living room window, the only other source of light in the apartment, and nudged it open just enough so he could squeeze through. From there he hopped to the ground below by jumping from windowsill to windowsill, promptly scurrying across the street and towards the park upon landing.

Crouching low and moving quickly, Alabaster made his way deep into the forest, only pausing if a sound, other than his own, had been made. He stepped carefully and decisively as if he expected an army of attackers to jump him at any moment. His eyes remained wide and paranoid, until he reached his destination. An old, beat up tree.

He sat below it for a good while, simply staring up at it with distance in his eyes. Tiny red ears slowly pinned backwards and his body began to shake. The memories flowed back to him, just like they appeared in his nightmares. He allowed some tears to flow before he leaped up onto a think branch on the tree. He felt a sting of pride at how easy it was to leap to high places now that he was older.

Visiting his old home was difficult for Alabaster to handle, the trauma was still fresh after all. But something told him that he would have to do this, that he would have to eventually come to terms with the damage, or he would never really heal from it at all. It was a tough ten minutes of remembering, pain and sorrow before he figured that he had seen enough. He turned to jump out from whence he came, but slowly pulled back, deciding to jump out of the hole on the opposite side.

What he found caused his jaw to drop. There was a star, a real star, laying where he had left his older sister in the nightmare. He circled around it, only to find yet another surprise. Laying fairly close to the star was a silver heart pendant, the same one that his sister had worn. Quickly, he scrambled to pull the necklace around his neck, and held it close to his chest. Then, he turned back to the star.

"So..." Alabaster mumbled, laying on top of the star. "I guess Sarah left you here for me to find. I wonder how she got a star though..." He paused, yawning loudly. "Well, thank you Sarah. I'll take good care of this shiny rock." He curled up on top of the star, his tail wrapping around him. "But, you know... I wish you were here Sarah... I...Miss...You..." And with that Alabaster had fallen asleep curled up upon the star.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:28 pm
Dear journal,

Ah, now that I've learned how to write, I can begin to record my daily life for future reference. Thankfully I found this blank book sitting on the table with no one to claim it. Perfect. Everything is perfect.

... Crap. I'm already bored out of my skull. Great.

Well, I suppose I should write about something while I'm here idly tapping my pen. Let's start with the fact that I'm no longer a Pokemon. I found a star near my old home a few nights ago and I fell asleep on it. When I woke up in the morning I was next to my old home curled up in a ball... As a stark naked human. I had to navigate my way back home with only discarded plastic bags to cover my... Exposed areas. I managed to get home without much of a fuss, but Damien caught me as I sneaked back into the apartment through the front door. Needless to say, he had to have one of his gleeful spaz-fests over the fact that we were now both human. I almost had to hit him so I could go get myself some clothes...

Spencer was kind enough to give me an old jacket of his that I had taken a liking to and Justin had a pair of jeans that fit well enough, so I didn't have to rummage around too much. Damien knocked me over with a hug as soon as I walked out of our bedroom though. He's so much taller than I am. His ears are bigger, too! All I've got is huge hair, tiny ears and puny tails. I feel so tiny compared to Damien. It's a little embarrassing. Especially when Damien calls me cute, pets my hair or nibbles on my ears when we're playing games. But, I have to admit, I don't mind it when he cuddles me or gently nibbles my ears. I-it's kind of... Nice. I don't know why. But it's feels nice...

A-Anyway, it wasn't long after I grew that a new Pokemon popped up in our apartment. Literally. Her name, as dubbed by Jillian, is Crystal and she is one awkward and awesome little Eevee. She's more than an expert at hiding and has quite a knack for pouncing without a sound. I've really come to like her and accept her as my "cousin." You could say I respect her for being such an awesome ninja-fox, which wouldn't be too far from the truth. She's pretty awesome.

Neeeh, Damien's dragging me off to lunch now. He's rambling about hot dogs, waffles and Crystal picking food, so now I'm curious to see what sort of chaos is unfolding in the kitchen. Knowing Damien, though, it's probably nothing lethal or chaotic at all. Damn. Nothing fun ever happens around here.

Until next time.

Alabaster

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:35 pm
Chef Alabaster...?

It was one of those lazy days in the apartment where everyone was either sleeping or trying to find some form of entertainment. Spencer had gone to work, Annabelle was asleep next to Alexander who had taken to drawing, Angela was at the computer playing games, Jillian was busy dressing Crystal up in outfits and Justin and Damien were watching cartoons. Alabaster, on the other hand, was rummaging through the kitchen drawers.

"Don't we have any food left in this place?!" He yelped, tossing cans and boxes across the floor. His stomach growled as he raced to pick the items up off the floor and shoved them back into their places. Then he stomped around in frustration. "There has to be SOMETHING to make..." He said.

Then he had an idea. He raced to the fridge and pulled out various vegetables. Then he went to the spice drawer and pulled out garlic, thyme, oregano and basil before filling a large pot with water. Smiling to himself her chopped the vegetables up and placed them in the pot, along with a good amount of spices. After that he turned the stove on and placed a no covered pot on top of the flames to cook.

He proceeded to gather bowls, spoons and napkins and set the kitchen table for each family member. Then he turned the oven timer on and went to watch T.V. with Justin and Damien. They were watching a cartoon about a robotic dog who saves the world from mutant unicorns from a galaxy without toilet paper. Alabaster enjoyed the antics of the cartoon but walked back into the kitchen a few minutes into the show.

Alabaster lifted the lid off the pot and tasted the liquid inside. He added a heaping amount of vegetables, along with some more spices, before closing the pot and turning the heat up. This time when he exited the room he wandered over to Jillian and Crystal. He sat down next to them and made funny faces at Jillian who puffed her cheeks out at him and shouted. Crystal giggled and nuzzled Alabaster before he turned back to the kitchen.

He stirred the contents of the pot a few times with a wooden spoon he found in a kitchen drawer and took a few sips more of the liquid. He nodded in favor of his creation and covered the pot again. Then he decided to go bother Angela.

The little Earth Bender was contently playing her favorite video game, Worms Armageddon, which made Alabaster laugh. The pair chatted about how cool the graphics were and how they wished it could happen in real life. Then, Alabaster returned to the kitchen to stir and taste the food again.

This time when Alabaster came out of the kitchen he stood in the middle of the room and waved his arms.
"Alright everyone!" He exclaimed. "Lunch is served!"

Everyone eagerly jumped up and went into the kitchen. Alabaster served them each a good portion of the soup he had created and set the rest aside for Spencer. They had all just sat down to take a bite of the soup when Jillian spit out her spoonful and screamed.

"Alabaster!" She shouted. "There's mold all over this celery! Didn't you bother to check the vegetables before cooking them?!"

The entire table grimaced and pushed their food aside. Sure enough, when Alabaster checked their bowls, all of the celery had spots of mold deep inside of it. Sorrowfully, Alabaster threw away his creation and the remainder of the celery. Then, with defeat in his eyes, Alabaster ordered a pizza.

Word count: 603

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:32 pm
[PD] Let's go swimming! [Damien, Alabaster, Fluffernutter]

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:18 pm
The Fox That Learned To Bake Pt. 1

After the incident with the moldy celery, Alabaster had tried to make multiple other foods. He tried to make fried chicken, but the breading was too soggy. He tried to cook stir fry, but he over cooked the broccoli. He even tried to make the same soup again, but he put far too much garlic powder in the broth. Now the little fire fox sat on the couch with a dejected expression. He couldn't seem to get any of his cooking right, and it frustrated him greatly. It seemed so easy on the T.V.. Why wasn't it as easy as it looked?

Having noticed Alabaster's upset, Valeria decided to take him out to the local library to look up some beginner's cook books. As the pair wandered the many rows of books, a large, colorful book caught Alabaster's attention. As if drawn in by the sheer attractiveness of it's cover, Alabaster quickly pulled it from it's place and began reading. He saw pictures of cakes and cookies, chocolates and creams. All the sweets in the book made him so ravenous that when Valeria looked over at him from the end of the bookshelves, she swore he was about to devour the book.

Later on, Alabaster sat down at a table to continue reading the book he had found. Valeria explained that it was a book about baking and that it told you how to make sweets and pastries. Alabaster was quickly engrossed in the pages and was eager to begin learning the terminology featured inside, such as "measurements" and "boiling." He spent the entire afternoon researching the book and was very excited when Valeria said that she would allow him to take the book home with him on her library card. However, just as they were on the line to check out the book, a librarian made an announcement.

"There are still spots left in tonight's community baking 101 class!" She announced. "Would anyone be interested in filling in the remaining spots?"

Alabaster gazed up at Valeria who laughed and nodded.
"Go on, then!" She said. "I'll catch up with you later. I need to look for some magazines to use for fashion references. Just wait out here when you're finished!"

With a nod and a quick turn of his feet, Alabaster walked up to the Librarian with a shy smile.
"I'd like to fill in one of those spots, m'am." He said, holding the book out so she could see. "I'm interested in learning how to bake since I like sweets and I haven't had much success with cooking regular food."

The librarian chuckled and guided Alabaster down the hall.
"Well, then." She replied. "This class sounds perfect for you, young man. Anyone that's interested in baking is more than welcome to join in on the fun. I'm very glad that you'd like to join us. May I ask you your name?"

"My name is Alabaster, m'am." Alabaster replied.

"Welcome to the library, Alabaster." The Librarian said as they entered a room with tables and chairs set up. "I hope you enjoy your baking class! Take care now."

"Thank you, and you too!" Alabaster said. Then he turned his attention to the room. It was full of people and chatter, which made Alabaster a little nervous. However when he noticed all the cooking equipment and the adult in the chef's hat waving to him, his nerves were set at ease. He decided to take his seat at a table with the fewest people and set his book on the chair next to him. And with both ears alert and eyes intently focused, Alabaster waited to learn how to bake.

Word count: 610

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:53 pm
The Fox That Learned To Bake Pt. 2

Alabaster returned home that night with dreams of sugary treats and the determination that he would be able to make them. While at the library he had learned how to properly melt chocolate, make the perfect brownies and make his favorite treat, waffles. He was practically drooling when the teacher showed them how to make waffle mix, but the best part was when she gave them the chance to make their own personal waffle with whatever toppings and additions they wanted. Of course, staying true to his favorite treat, Alabaster mixed nuts, bananas and brown sugar into his waffle mix and poured maple syrup on top of the finished product. In those short few minutes of eating, he was sure he had just tasted what a waffle in heaven would taste like.

After a good night's rest, Alabaster rose early in order to go grocery shopping with Spencer before he had to go to work. There, they bought eggs, milk, many types of sugar, vanilla, cake and icing mixes and all other assorted utensils and components needed for baking almost anything. Once Spencer had finished shopping for his own needs he dropped Alabaster back home and scooted off to work. Then, Alabaster quickly moved onto some work of his own.

He whipped out the library book and flipped the pages until he had found the page about waffles and other breakfast pastries. He fetched himself a few bowls, a wooden spoon, some measuring equipment, his mixes and batters and anything else he would need for his task, and lined them all up on the counter before him. He read the directions according to the book and made sure to look over everything as carefully as possible. Ten minutes had passed by and he had just finished mixing his waffle batter. Then it was time for the waffle iron. He pressed his batter into warm, fluffy golden waffles that made his stomach growl furiously, but he wasn't done with his baking just yet.

Alabaster repeated the steps of he cook book until he had enough waffles for his entire family, which was about two per person including himself. As soon as he reached that number, he unplugged any electric devices had had used and washed his hands. After he had dried his hands he grabbed plates and utensils and set the table for breakfast. However, before he called anyone in to eat, he filled small bowls with toppings such as chocolate chips, raisins and honey so those who wanted to add extra, could do so as they pleased. Then he turned and called for his family.

"Hey, guys!" He shouted. 'Breakfast time!"

Reluctantly his family crawled into the kitchen, clearly expecting another food fiasco. But when Alabaster plopped his freshly made waffles on their plates, their demeanor change into that of delight. The entire table dug into their breakfast and commended Alabaster for his baking skill.

"These are AWESOME, 'Baster!" Damien squealed.

"You did a wonderful job!" Valeria agreed.

"I can't believe you cooked these! They're great!" Jillian said.

"Are there any more?" Annabelle gleamed.

"Yes! Can you make some more?" Angela exclaimed.

"Pleeeaase?" Alexander chimed.

Alabaster smirked, feeling rather proud of himself.
"Alright, I'll make some more." He replied. "I'd like some more myself."

A few minutes later, Alabaster came back to the table with another batch of waffles for his family. He plopped them down on their plates as well as his and resumed eating. After everyone had finished the kitchen was cleaned up and everyone went to get ready for their day.

"Thank you for the great breakfast, Alabaster!" Justin said. "You did a great job!"

"You're welcome, Justin!" Alabaster replied, now slumped lazily on the couch. He was exhausted from having to wake up so early and then make so many waffles. Who knew baking could be so tiring?

But just as Alabaster was starting to relax, Crystal crept over to his side and knelt to his ear.
"You know they'll want you to do that every day now, right?" She whispered.

Alabaster's eyes flew open and his body tensed. Crap. He hadn't thought of that!

Word count: 692

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:05 am
Dear journal,

Okay, I'm not really sure if this is considered a "major event" or not, but it's pretty major to me. I've had some really bad luck with cooking regular food and I was becoming fed up with it all, but Valeria took me to the library where I found a really awesome book on baking! I thought baking was for girls up until that point, but that doesn't matter. I got to take the book home after the librarian let me participate in a baking class! Talk about good luck, right?

I learned how to make really awesome waffles, which I made the next day for breakfast. I had to get up really early to go shopping for supplies, but it was worth it. I made the best tasting waffles, EVER. Everyone thought I did a great job. I think I've found my niche.

Eh, but there is a little damper to this, which Crystal brought to my attention. My family might expect me to do this every single morning, or at least every other morning. I don't want to get up at seven in the morning every day! I like me sleep 'ya know! Here's hoping they don't ask me to make waffles every morning, no matter how much I love them myself. I'm not going to sacrifice my sleep, even for my favorite food.

Well, until next time!

Alabaster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:02 pm
Alabaster Uses Sunny Day!
(Fire type move:
The user intensifies the sun for five turns, powering up Fire-type moves.)

Damien and Alabaster decided to take a trip out to Opal Lake on a really hot Saturday afternoon. They splashed and played for about an hour or so until dark clouds of rain started to form above their heads. Both fox boys retreated to their beach umbrella as the rain came tumbling down.

"Aw man!" Damien whined. "We were having so much fun! Now we'll have to pack up and go home!"

Alabaster nodded and whined. "This sucks!" He exclaimed. "I don't want to walk back in the rain! We could slip on the mud and get hurt out there!" He growled and stared up at the sky, sneering. "Go away, you stupid rain!"

Then, the air around Alabaster heated up as if he were on fire. Damien scooted backwards as the heat rose into the air, forming a beam of light. The light shot up into the clouds and began to disperse them, allowing the sun to come shining through. The air around Alabaster cooled again and the clouds vanished, leaving both fox boys stunned.

Damien leaned over to Alabaster with a dumbfounded expression.
"Did you know you could do that?" He asked.

"N-nope." Alabaster replied, speechless.

A few minutes of silence passed before the pair raced back into the water to resume their splashing and playing. Both boys were very happy to have their sunny afternoon back.

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:46 pm
[PD] Of Loss and Determination... [Alabaster and Joy]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:02 pm
Dear journal,

AWWW YEEEAAAH! I'm finally a teenager! YES, YES, YES! OH THIS IS AWESOME! I'm so tall! Plus, my curls are gone! They were so bulky and annoying, this hairstyle suits me muuuuch better. I look pretty DAMN GOOD if I do say so myself! What a great surprise to wake up to!

I had to buy new clothes with Damien. OH HO HO, that was FUN! He kept staring at me and blushing, he must think I'm cute or something. THANK YOU FOR THIS AWESOME SIX PACK! Hehehehe, we didn't find anything worthwhile in the shops, so we cut up my old clothes and pretended they were new. Ha! Then we had a wrestle! Just like the old days, only with more tension, if you know what I mean. I wonder if I should try kissing him... Hehehehe...

Ah, yeah, riiight! Crystal didn't know what to think of me. She was sooooo jealous! Pouts and frowns practically fumed from her body the day I grew! Ahahaha! She'll have her turn, I'm assured! Then Damien and I will have to deal with a bratty teenage girl! ... I hope she doesn't grow up too soon...

Neeeeheeeeheehe, I'm going to see if Damien wants to "wrestle" again. One day I swear I'll pin him down and kiss him! Till then... My imagination will have to do. ...Heeheeheehaaaa!

See you later!

Alabaster

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:08 pm
What Dreams Are Made Of

Damien walked along the forest path, the afternoon sunlight cascading over his coat like a cheerful glow. He was carrying a rake in his hand and a black bag in the other, indicating that he had paused from raking the land around his home. At the end of the path lay the warm sands and the glimmering waters of Opal Lake, one of Damien's favorite places. He set the rake and the bag down to gaze out over the water. A pleased smile formed on his features.
"This place can be so beautiful," He muttered.

"Damien! Damien! Hey!"

The Zorua teen whipped his head around to see Alabaster running down the path. He grinned and chuckled as his best friend caught his breath.
"Hey, what's up?" He asked.

Alabaster, who was dressed in his swimming trunks, gazed up at Damien and echoed his grin. Quickly, he flung another pair of swimming trunks at Damien and pointed to the water.
"You wanted to go swimming!" He exclaimed, plopping two towels out on the sand. "Did you forget?"

Swimming in the lake? It was late Autumn! It was certainly too cold to go swimming! Damien raised an eyebrow at Alabaster, who blushed profusely, and then it all seemed to make sense. A warm blush crossed his cheeks and he laughed.
"Well, it's too cold to go swimming, you know!" He said, grabbing Alabaster's arm. "But I know something else we can do that involves swimming!" He tugged Alabaster back down the path and pointed towards the volcano.
"I found some hot springs over there," He explained. "We could spend the day there, if you'd like."

Alabaster nodded furiously.
"That sounds awesome!" He replied. "Lead the way!"

--------------------------------

The walk was a little long, but neither paid much mind to how long it took them to get there, they were too busy talking about Alabaster's recent growth spurt. Alabaster's face was almost completely reddened by his blushing that he swore he must've looked like a strawberry with fox ears. As they neared the hot springs, Damien took off his coat and began to undress.

Alabaster squeaked and turned away. Admittedly, he wanted to watch, but he knew he would look like a creep. Well, at least he would feel like a creep. After a moment's silence he heard a loud splash behind him and he whipped back around. Damien resurfaced from his leap into the spring, his red hair covering his eyes, and laughed. To this, Alabaster pouted.
"Heeey, why didn't you wait for meeee?" He whined.

"It was too cold out there!" Damien replied, reaching his hand out to Alabaster. "Stop being silly and join me!" He paused and smirked up at Alabaster "...Unless you'd rather stand out there and continue marveling at how hot I am."

"Why you little..." Alabaster muttered. Damien knew all along! Now he was incredibly embarrassed, how could he possibly go swimming now? Suddenly, Damien tugged him into the water and hugged him. There, surrounded by hot steaming water and pressed against the chest of the love of his life, Alabaster relaxed and let his anxieties wash away with the water.

--------------------------------

They spent the evening cuddling each other and sharing dreams of their future. Together they walked back to the house during the last few minutes of daylight, hand in hand. Just before they arrived home, Alabaster turned to face Damien and smiled.
"I love you, Damien..." He said. He turned to open the front door, just as Damien pulled him back, planting a kiss on his lips. It was a lengthy kiss, one that both of them had only dreamed of up until then.

"Agh! Get a room you two!"

Crystal stood at the doorway with a disgusted expression and both boys could only laugh and blush. Sure, it was embarrassing for her to see them, but it made their first kiss all the more beautiful.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:09 pm
Blissful Noise

Alabaster was alone in the house for the first time in months. It was an odd feeling. Though he knew Damien wouldn't be gone long, he loathed the silence. Ever since they adopted Adriana, a newborn Chikorita, life had been pretty noisy. Gradually, he transitioned from being a child and leaped into being a parent. It was awkward, but he loved it. However, for the time being, the house was quiet...

As he sat in the kitchen, twiddling his thumbs and sipping his cup of tea, memories flashed through his mind. Images of his mother's burial and his father's battle scars surfaced and brought his heart to the floor. He was unable to abandon his trauma, even after all the time that had gone by. The cries, the tears, the constant running away. All of it was made vivid and magnified by the overcoming silence of the house. He was just as alone as he was that night.

There was never a time where he could escape his fears. He feared the worst wherever he went, and tonight was certainly no exception. Would Damien come home safely? Did he get hurt out there? Would his home be attacked? Did he have the ability to save the lives of those he loved if the horror should arise? He whined against the growing pressure in his chest and tears formed in his eyes. His family had only been gone an hour and he was already throat deep in hopelessness.

Then, keen eyes spotted a flash of blue light coming from outside the kitchen window. He squinted his eyes and watched, catching a series of flashes afterwards. Suddenly, his mind flashed to and old memory. The flashes were a type of messaging, a blue flare. His father had used this technique when they were in danger, and it always brought much needed aid. This meant that... Someone, or something, was trying to signal for assistance... And they were right outside his front door. Alabaster gulped but leaped to his feet. Whatever it was, it needed his help, and he wasn't about to let them down.

He had barely made it out of the door when he saw her, the source of the blue flare. She was a teenage poke` human, like himself, and she had knelt to take a rest shortly before the doorstep. He studied her cautiously, but a familiar scent caught his attention. Before he could make certain of her identity, the girl lunged forward, crying tears of joy.

"Alabaster! ALABASTER! I found you! I FOUND YOU!" She cried and enveloped him in a tight hug.

The pair sat on the floor, snuggling and crying. She was none other than his older sister, Sarah, the one who had protected him from danger over a year ago. All of the painful memories were unloaded and talked through over the next hour, but the siblings never left each other's arms. And the house was, once again, full of blissful noise.

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:00 pm
Meeting The Family pt.1

Sarah had found Alabaster, and the pair couldn't be happier. With eyes wide and brimming with pride, she had been given a tour of her brother's cozy home. The living room was spacious and loaded with the latest electronics. The kitchen was gorgeous and smelled of the food that her brother had prepared for when his family came home. She was hustled around each upstairs room and, after little deliberation, shown to where she would be staying from that night forward. With arms tightly wrapped around Alabaster's shoulders and her heart skyrocketing, Sarah knew she was more than welcome.

"I'm hooooooome!"

Both fire foxes stood at attention as the door swung open. Alabaster heaved a sigh and lead Sarah down the staircase. He gazed over to Crystal, who stood impatiently at the door, and smiled. "Oh, good! Drama queen's back!" He chirped.

Sarah stifled a laugh but froze a little as Crystal approached her, completely ignoring Alabaster's comment. Though a little off put by the girl, she was glad when Crystal began to smile.

"Why didn't you tell me we had a guest, 'Bast?" She asked, eyes wide with excitement. "It's a pleasure to meet you! I'm Crystal, what's your name?"

"I-I'm Sarah! Alabaster's older sister!" Sarah replied, shaking Crystal's hand.

Crystal smirked and gazed over to Alabaster, who blushed bright red.
"Older sister, eh?" She said, giggled. "Well, it's wonderful to finally meet you! How long can you stay?"

Sarah grinned and snuggled up to Alabaster before replying.
"I'm going to be staying here from now on!" She exclaimed. "Alabaster and I haven't seen each other in over a year, and I live on my own, so he said I could move in! I can't wait!"

Crystal's eyes widened and she fell silent for a moment. Sarah gulped and Alabaster held his breath as Crystal stared at them. But, soon, a delighted squeal rang from Crystal's mouth.
"THAT IS PERFECT! OH MY GOD!" She squealed. She squeaked shortly afterward, covering her mouth with a light blush. "Pardon me, I-I... I'm just so happy that another girl is moving into the house!"

Alabaster nearly fell to his knees with laughter, to which Crystal replied to with a huff. He stood up and took a deep breath before speaking.
"Ah, good!" He snickered. "I thought you were about to throttle her for moving in on your turf!"

"OH YOU WISH!" Crystal replied. "I would never, EVER, throttle another young lady! That's completely improper! How dare you accuse me of such a terrible act!"

"Oh, cool your jets, drama llama." Alabaster replied. He turned towards the kitchen and wandered away from the girls, only stopping to turn and motion them forward. "Now, who wants to help me start dinner?"

"I do! I do!" Sarah exclaimed. She rushed after Alabaster, sticking close to his side, and followed him into the kitchen. She was given plates to set out on the table and helped Crystal fold the napkins just right. Once they were finished, Crystal left to tend to her makeup and Sarah sat beside the stove as Alabaster cooked. She licked her lips as the mouthwatering scents began to rise in the air around her.

"That smells amazing, 'Baster!" She exclaimed. "I'll bet that everyone is going to enjoy that!"

"This is only the vegetables!" Alabaster replied. "Wait until you see what Damien bought at the market! We're going to have steak with this!"

Sarah just about died. Her first meal in her new home would be steak and vegetables. She was on cloud nine. But, then she began to ponder. Would her brother's boyfriend like her? Would he mind that she lives here with them? She gazed up at Alabaster from her seat and tugged his sleeve.
"Do you think he'll like me, 'Bast?" She asked.

Alabaster paused, smiled, and laid his cooking utensils aside.
"I've already told him all about you, sis." He explained, placing his hands on her shoulders. "He knows about all of our heartache and struggle. He even offered to help search for you and our missing family when we have the chance! Damien has a heart of gold, I don't think he could ever turn you away. He's the perfect boyfriend and the best man I could ever ask for. You have no need to worry about him."

Sarah smiled and reached up to hug Alabaster. But just as she did, the door opened.

"Alabaster, we're hooome!"

"Chiiii! Chiiikooo!"

And Sarah's heart began to throb.

(700+ words)

Hiatused Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items