Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here
{Student Council Election} Campaign Speeches v2 - OVER Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:32 pm
Barth rolled to the podium on his skateboard, so he wouldn't eat up speech time walking to the microphone. He was wearing a tie. His voice was quiet. He let the mic do the work.

"This year," he began, "we are fortunate to have a lot of frightfully good SC Candidates. So I would urge you to pay attention the ones that are the most creative and idea-oriented. ...Even if that creative individual is err, Count Chocula. ...Or Cady, who has a stirring talent for portraiture."

He smiled wryly. He was carrying something. He held it in front of him. "I have here a suggestion box. Many of you submitted concern for my ability to perform the task at hand."

He opened the box.

"I am lazy, that's true. I like to keep things easy. Do I think what's ahead will be easy? No, admittedly. But if there's anyone that can find the most strategic and efficient route, it's me. ...My time is limited, so I'll only read a few of these."

Better bathrooms. "Getting rid of the biting urinals would be a start, as thrilling as those are to work around."

Requiring everyone to wear ink.
"...So you know, Concerned Student, I'm wearing an ink pin. If I win, Riley will probably explode, and she's sort of squiddish, so that's taken care of."

Make the school more fiery.
"We should be err, mindful of our undead students. There is that obstacle course, if you feel like being set on fire more often."

Barth looked through the rest of his suggestions, which included objects like a mushroom and a chocolate bar.

"In any case," he said, putting the mushroom back. "I'm more than capable of handling concerns. My Avarice makes me more, not less, competent in the area of getting more for less."

He paused.

"Riley is a morality story about hard work. I hate that story. A Mule works hard, but nobody would mistake one for a King. Hard work does not equate with progress. Haste does not equate with progress. As with music, the fastest player is not the best. There are movers, and there are shapers. If you're going the wrong direction, all the moving in the world will only take you backwards. I am not a mover. ...And as you can see, I am not moved by intimidation, violence, insults, and threats. I am a shaper. "

Barth folded his claws, preparing for the last few lines. He had not drifted off. This speech, in comparison to the Christmas Play lines or Prom, was easy. He had been been considering the lines of this speech for a very, very long time.

"...My name is Bartholomew Mudd. Most of you know me as Barth. I'm President of N.A.P. Club, and I'm running for Student Council President. There will be plenty to Fear in the coming year. And with the right direction,"

Another pause, this time accompanied by a lazy smile that seemed somehow sharp.

"I am confident it will be ussss."

With that final line, Barth left the stage, and did not hurry.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:12 pm
She took a deep breath, squared her shoulders, and padded her way onto the stage while Barth was still on his way out. When she stood in front of the podium she did her best to stare out into the crowd, something that was easier to do with the lights that were focused on her.

"I would like to start out by saying that it is a great honor to meet you. Sure I'm standing on a stage and I...well, I really can't see most of you, but I know you're out there, and I know I have the pleasure of addressing a slew of old and new faces, from Hobs to Knobs and Snots." Amrita gave a small smile, raising a hand to wave to the crowd.

"To all the new snots out there...I've been where you are, I know it's hard to be new. I was painfully shy, I tried to stay away from the majority of my peers...but here I am, standing on a stage in front of everyone, because of the scarelings I have met and made friends with changed me." Obviously more than just mentally, for those who knew her as a Snot.

"I want each of you to have what I have, I want each of you to meet the scarelings that will become your best friends, and so I will make opportunities for you, I will organize large events like Prom as well as smaller events like the Picnic the Undeads recently had, or like Truth or Dare without the whole getting detention thing after." She let out a nervous chuckle, rubbing the back of her neck...until the stitching on her hand loosened, hitting the podium with a thud.

"OHJACKWHAT----Oh." She picked up her hand, stared at the newly made stub of an arm, and then back at the crowd, looking momentarily pale. Um. What was...uh...yes...THE SPEECH! Soon enough she was smiling, albeit nervously. Her hand hadn't fallen off, no it did not!

"UM! S-so, if e-elected, I will give you every opportunity to get out there, to meet people, to have fun...but all I can give is the opportunity. It's up to you to decide what to do and where to go, and your decision starts here, it starts now...err, well, not now but...whenever the voting opens which I think is soon so SOON." The patchwork stopped tapping the podium with her detached hand when she realized she was doing it, and just stared into the crowd.

"I urge you to vote for whomever you feel would be the best fit...but I also urge you to consider voting for me, Amrita, for Public Relations." Feeling accomplished, the ghoul moved to take a step away from the podium, only to backtrack almost immediately.

"Um, t-thank you for your time!" Then, she hurried off stage.  

Enoh Love
Crew

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:26 am
Sadly, most of the gnomes had fallen asleep during the entire debacle, and the few that remained were daring each other to look under a select grouping of female monster-esses' skirts.

There was a prolonged silence after the last speech candidate had gone, punctuated only by a rather loud and throaty snore.

"Uh..." A More Responsible Gnome shuffled up towards the front. "I guess you should prolly go vote or sommat. You know. Get those votes in, hurrah!"

Disgruntled Emo Gnome shot Responsible Gnome a look, and the two were down and about in a pile of cobwebs, snot, and dusts all tiny fists and fury on the stage.

((OOC: IT IS TIME TO TALLY IN THE VOTES. ALL VOTERS PLEASE HEAD TOWARDS THE VOTING THREAD TO VOTE ON YOUR CHOICES))  
{ Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff