Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here
{Student Council Election} Campaign Speeches v2 - OVER Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
Captain

Blessed Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:47 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

As the student auditorium began to fill up, and irritated gnome dodged yet another drip of freshly painted student council election banner. "Whoever made that thing needs to go back to the small-parts bin in science department."

He glared over at a few other gnomes, sniggering offstage. None of the teachers wanted to bother with this, and he couldn't blame them for that. He could however, blame the faculty for making them use the ghetto auditorium. They still hadn't been able to remove the stains from the last election held here, back in the good old days when student just beat the living (and sometimes unliving) piss out of each other to decide. None of this weak voting sparkle-sparkle-democracy crap.

With a wistful sigh, Disgruntled Emo gnome, rapped the ickycom, "Is this thing on?" What came out of the things mouth was a series of belches, slime, and a wheezing cough. Jack's balls, they couldn't even give him a decent scamplifier, just a busted old ickycom without the "com."

After a series of taps, raps, pleads, and threats, he finally got it working with a bribe. Clearing his throat, he tried again, "Hi. Shut up. No seriously...hey! Jack-damnit! Who threw that?! When the revolution comes, you may not be the first against the wall, but you'll definitely be feeling it against your asses you grubbing little Snots, so best vote for someone with a nice weapons cache." A cough. "Yeah...so anyway...first up is uh....whoever. I hate you all equally."

Quote:

OOC: Time to use your way with words to woo the student body! You have until 11:59 pm PST of September 10th to have your student IC-ly explain, in 500 words or less, why they should get the votes. No speech is an instant disqualifier! Voting will be opened on September 11th, but if everyone does their speech early then voting will be opened early too!

500 words or less is your ENTIRE post. Those running for student council will receive a growth point for creating a booth AND writing a speech.

Note: There is no pre-determined order for this ~ so just go for it!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:26 am
Shehk seemed confident – it was a sight to see in and of itself. She’d left for the summer on such a disheveled note, and even before that she hadn’t been a very confident pricolici. But that day, the undead ghoul seemed to have just a bit of alpha in her – her tail stood just a bit, her ears were alert, though her eyes were dim. She wasn’t as ready for this as she could have been, but nonetheless, she had prepared herself. She’d spun the words about in her head several times, but now. she stood in front of her peers, and looked them all down calmly. There were no cards, and though she wore several badges on her shirt – for various other candidates - she was very much solo in presence. She was doing this with mindpower alone.

“One year ago, a boil stood up here in front of the student body and spoke honestly. He stood there because I prompted him with a promise. Now, one year later I have decided it is only fair that I return his efforts to him. Now I am standing up here, doing that which I asked him to do - returning the effort.

I am not going to stand up here and make grandiose promises to all of you – I don’t have any. As a student, I have sat where you now sit, listening to the promises that had been made by our previous student body, just to find myself disappointed by them. While they themselves are not bad people, promises were not upheld – promises cannot always be concrete. However, despite this, I do have two small promises I can make to you; I have very large ears, which are always willing to listen, and if I myself will not do it, I will not ask that you be forced to do it as long as my abilities can prevent that for you.

I have been here since the beginning. I have walked amongst all of you. I know most of you by face, many others by name, and others I may only know by reputation. I am not going to claim to remember everybody or that I will somehow gain superpowers by suddenly being part of your Student Council. The promises I have made to you are not conditional – I will offer them to you as one student to another. For these promises, I ask only one thing in exchange….

At Student Orientation one year ago, our Headmistress spoke words that I feel like sometimes we may forget; We. Are. Halloween.” Shehk’s eyes lit up with a flash as she spoke those last words of emphasis. “Make sure your Student Council this year keeps it that way. My name is Shehk Iordanescu, and I’m running for Public Relations.”

With that, she grinned at the microphone, before she took her leave of the podium, still seeming somewhat confident – probably because she didn’t seem to hold too much weight on losing.

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

Scyerline

Shameless Gawker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:25 am
Bea approached the stand confidently with an optimistic smile on her face. Her shoulders were back and had a straight posture, her hair floated behind her as she walked.

“Hello, fellow students!,” bending forward into the ickycom and gasping onto the stand, “My name is Beatrix and some of you may know, I am running for Public Relations.” Bea glanced down at her note cards and tried to make sure she didn’t ramble during her speech. She took a deep breath and looked up at the students again. Suddenly, a feeling of nervousness attacked her stomach.

“I-I… may be a new student, however I believe new ideas can bring innovativeness to Amityville Academy! I will make myself available to you for ideas and suggestions. When I hear the voice of the students, I will try my best to have it projected by the student council. To provide a great service for you, I, Beatrix Monroe, am determined to work hard to keep you up to date of upcoming events. I plan to create fun and appealing visuals to promote events that are made for you! I have also prepared a list of fun, creative ideas and possible events already… Um… Some of these ideas include…

Welcome Week!
For the first week of school, each day will have specific games to bring new
and returning students together while welcoming them (back) to school!

Dinner with Student Council!
Where students can come, enjoy dinner, and get to know your student council better!
You can bring questions, suggestions, and comments for the student council to hear and consider!

Circus themed fundraiser or Talent Show!
We can have a fun filled night with exciting entertainment provided by
our own fellow students! Students of any class can show off their
gifted abilities and talents!

Speed Dating or Dating Service!
And for the students who have a hard time or too shy to talk to ghouls or boils,
this event would make a wonderful opportunity for you to loosen up and mingle romantically with other students!

I believe bringing students, new and old, together is important. For those of you who had visited my booth, you may have noticed how dedicated of a person I am. I am eager to please! An eye for detail and strong sense of community, my actions and thoughts are for you, my fellow students.

If I am elected, I will do my best to work closely with the other student council members to help provide more fun games and events for everyone! Equality is key and innovation is what we need! Amityville Academy will move forward in a positive direction with your vote for me, Beatrix Monroe, for Public Relations!

Thank you.”

Bea gave a slight bow and a sweet smile to the audience. As she walked off stage, she let out a relieving exhale and held herself up with confidence.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:12 am
Astra, was petrified.

There was just no other way to describe how she felt as she stood behind the curtain, and waited for her turn to walk up on the stage and do her speech.

Skellington jack, what had she been thinking when she had signed up for this? What force had possessed her to even consider that she was capable of speaking in front of the whole student body, and convince them that she could be the next representative for Public Relations? The whole idea seemed ludicrous now, but it was far too late to pull out.

As the next student had finished their awe inspiring speech, the fairy realized with dread that it was already her turn. Her name was announced, and for a split second she froze. Her legs wouldn’t work; they were rooted to the floorboards. She could feel her stomach knot itself around the horde of butterflies that fluttered franticly inside.

Oh no…It’s my turn! W-what should I do? I can’t go out there!! The fairy thought franticly as the crowd waited for the next student to go up. For a moment she considered running. Running away to the safety of her dorm room, to hide there for ever and ever and not have to face the students before her.

...But as she thought about it, she realized that there was no way she could do that to herself, and with a shuddering sigh, she stepped out into the spotlight.

Towards the podium she walked, her legs feeling like iron led. She reached it much quicker then she would have liked, and adjusted the ickycom to her height so she could speak. Precious seconds went by as it looked like she wasn’t going to speak. But then…

“Students of Amityville!” Her voice rang out across the hall. “I come before you as but a mere Reaper. I am not very strong, nor am I very brave. And I have spent much time in at this school being stepped on, vaporized, and even eaten by other creatures. As much as these things do not paint me in good light, there is one thing I say.

“I am not someone who is far above everyone.” Astra continued on, her earlier nervousness beginning to wear off. “More then that; I will not pretend to be someone who is better then you. The only thing I will claim today is that I will do my best. To listen to everyone and anyone, no matter whom or what you are, and to make sure your voices will always be heard by the student council.

My name is Astra, and I am running for Public relations”

With that, she stepped of the podium, walked towards the curtains again, and when she was out of sight she sat down, weak with relief that her speech was over.  

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

[ X_Bleeding Roses_X ]

Quotable Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:49 pm
The sound of Mandy’s footsteps echoed unnaturally loud as she made her way towards the podium, eyes flicking between the audience and the notes in her hands. She had a decision to make, one she only realized she had to make as she listened to the candidates before her talk. That wasn’t a lot of time to think.

Coming to stand behind the podium she paused, tapping the cards against it as the silence stretch. After what felt like was an eternity but was in truth only a moment she finally decided.

Snorting slightly she spoke, “Jack it,” throwing her cards over her shoulder as she swore.

“Look, I’m not a speech writer, public speaking isn’t my forte. That’s why I didn’t go for Public Relations.” She paused staring out at the student body, voice firm despite her nerves.

“I had this whole thing prepared about my promises for what I could do for you and why you should vote for me over the other vice candidates. But I realized whilst I was waiting back there listening that that’s not what this is about.”

“I think we all need to remember what exactly where being voted for; the student representative council. Representative, that’s the key word.”

Leaning forward now her words started to fill with passion, “This council is supposed to represent you the average student, so what you need to ask yourselves is if I’m someone you can see doing that. I haven’t been here the longest, I’m only in my first year but I can say this; I’ve attended class, I’m in clubs, I run a club and on every school excursion I’ve been there and bled and died with you all. I have walked among you and I think by now I’ve got a decent idea of what being a student of this school is like.”

“So, when election day comes round that’s what I want you all to remember – not what nice sounding things I’ve promised I’ll try to do when elected, but what I have done.”

“Thank you all for listening.”  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:23 pm
Click

User Image

Bilious

Sparkly Wolf

11,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:29 pm
Oh sweet unholy Jack! Junko was nervous! She had spent her entire time back stage staring out at the auditorium from behind a curtain with wide eyes, anxiously biting her nails. Her hair wrapped itself around her wrist and squeezed, finally tugging away her hand so she wouldn't completely wreck her lovely nails. While She took great pleasure in embarrassing Junko and making her life miserable she would not have her making a fool of both of them on stage. Not when a position of power was at risk. She didn't go looking for it but having power of any kind sounded delightful.

Then came Christof's dance. She just stared, thoroughly impressed by the patchwork's ability to bust a move like nobody's business. Guess that was the advantage of running unopposed...

Junko took a deep breath and stepped out onto the stage when it came her turn, walking up to the podium and clearing her throat. You can do this, Junko! She just hoped She cooperated, not wanting the pesky mouth ruining this for her. Her speech wasn't like so many others, but it was very...her.

"Hello, everyone!" She paused a moment, glancing down at her speech and making a slight face. It was really, really stupid. Jackdamnit. Now what. She breathed deeply again to stop herself from panicking. Time to improvise.

"Judging from last year, there's going to be a lot of changes in this coming year. Good, bad, awesome, terrible. Not all of them can be prevented, but at the very least we can do our best to keep school fun! The vice president should be someone who is not afraid to step up when needed, but also someone who will not try to steal and claim all of the spotlight. They should be someone you can trust will be honest, be it good or bad. And I've certainly got the honesty part covered." She chuckled, glancing back toward Her before turning her attention back to the students in the auditorium.

"Like others, I've been around. I've seen what works and what doesn't, and I'm always willing to listen to any critique or complaint or what have you that anyone wants to offer. And I've worked on things with a few of you before! As has been said...I won't make silly promises I can't keep. I can't promise shorter class times or days off from school or any hopes like that, but I can promise my best--"

"And spookies."

"...Yes, and spookies..." She rolled her eyes and chuckled. "I'll make sure things actually get done with as little issue as possible, and I promise I won't just do something without thinking about what everyone else will think about it. Whether you admit it or not, don't you want the best for the school? And with me you've got not just one voice, but two! This is Junko, running for Vice President~." She gave a small bow...and promptly side-stepped off stage as quickly and nonchalantly as she could.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:40 pm
Public speaking wasn't really something Jericho had done before. But, there was a first time for everything, and soon enough, he'd find out how good he was at this sort of thing. He watched the others, making some mental notes on how they went about this. Well... most of them. Christof had a pretty interesting way to go about things, but Jericho didn't think that would fly too well for himself.

Once Junko came down, he marched on up to the stand. He took a moment to look around at the other students and took a breath. Rather than clear his throat as some others would do...

"VOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!" he shouted out before speaking in a more normal tone, "Alright. Now that I have your attention, let's keep this quick and simple. I am Jericho Bloodbane, and I am running for treasurer for this year's student council."

He paused for the moment, leaning over the podium and staring at the various students in the audience.

"Now, as a dragon.. a red one at that, it's practically in my blood to deal with treasure. I will ensure that seeds will not be spent in useless ways. They will be used for cool things. I will make sure that events get the funding they need. And if anyone tries to steal from the school's treasury, I will personally beat them to a pulp if not set them on fire. That's right. I'll guard our money like it was my own horde. You know why?"

There was another pause.

"Because dragons. Do. Treasure. Good. That is all."

With a huff, Jericho stepped off the stage.  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:06 am
Almost a year ago, she stood up on that same stage to deliver a speech for the same position. This year was vastly different though - for starters, most of the faces in the crowd were familiar to her, and it made her less nervous to know that her friends were out there watching her. Everyone's speeches (and Christof's little dance) received enthusiastic clapping from her - although Junko's and Jericho's might had been accompanied by some cheering as well.

Realizing that nobody was going next, she inhaled sharply, smiled, and took the stage.

"My ear drums are still ringing, Mr Jericho," She giggled into the mic before giving a quick bow, "I'm Elizabeth, but some of you probably don't know that since I introduce myself as Lizzy a lot... It suits me more, yes?" She then paused, still smiling away as she scanned the faces in the audience, "And I am trying out for the position of Treasurer."

A short pause followed as she tried her best to relax, her expression softening and her smile widening, "I spent hours trying to formulate the perfect speech, but then I realized that there is no such thing as the perfect speech. Likewise, I can't promise you that I'm the perfect candidate for the position of Treasurer, but I can promise you that I will do my best to serve the student body as a student representative... And I pride myself on only making promises I know I can keep." She was being sincere; she only hoped that her audience could feel her sincerity...

... Despite how cheesy she must sound right now.

Giving another bow, she blushed as she straightened up, throwing a balled fist into the air enthusiastically. She then put on her best srs bzn face, "Vote Lizzy for Treasurer! Actually, just remember to vote on election day! Thank you for your time and attention!" Her face red, she quickly exited the stage to rejoin the crowd; now to wait for election day...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:20 am
The steady beat of hooves echoed as Calder moved across the somewhat stained stage up to the rickety podium. His face was unnaturally pale, and he swallowed once as he looked at the many faces just visible in the dark from outside the burning glare of the overhead stage lights. This year he didn't have the luxury of being an audience member, and this was the final stage of the whole campaigning process on his part. While it wasn't life and death, it was still nerve-racking.

Calder leaned in unnecessarily close to the mic only to wince when he gave a 'ahem' to clear his dried throat that made the sound spike. Ears back, he pulled away with a nervous smile of apology and started. "Hello? Hello. Wow, this thing is loud." He tapped the mic. " My name is Calder, and I'm running for Treasurer. Unlike others, I've never seen a great pile of valuables. As a kelpie, I've learned that you can have great celebrations and bring people together with just the funding of the community. Haggling, bargaining, and just being crafty have made what little in actual currency go long way, and while I can't blow fire or have a legacy of guarding treasure, I can run down any thief - not that I think anyone where would do such a thing and I bet we probably have some safe place. Bet not to tempt others after all." At least he hoped not. If he had to sleep beside a pile of seeds each night, then he worried for the morality of the student body.

"I know some of us aren't rolling in the seeds, but I'd work to make every little bit count, and I am more than brimming with ideas - like bake sales, cafes, and even races." Not to mention that calender idea he had in mind. "All to fund any events that will happen this year. Like the Prom. Wasn't that fun?" He paused when he realized that the audience wasn't going to answer. He pulled his hands back, the pair making wild gestures as he spoke, and looked down. He had no cards, but he did check one hand at a few notes he wrote in ink on his palms. This speech stuff was nerve racking. Why would anyone apply for Public Relations to do this on a regular basis was beyond him. "OH! I'll also listen, and love talking and meeting new people. You can stop by my place anytime to talk if you have a great idea or want something changed. I think we all promised this, but just want to cover my graves here. I have met a lot of you and would love to meet more to talk. I do like talking." A gnome was signaling him to get off the stage. Oops. He ranted too long!

"Ahhh, yeah. So vote for me for Treasurer! Um, Calder. That's me." He left the podium and gave a sigh of relief.

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

iStoleYurVamps
Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:14 pm
It was time once more. Time for him to step up to the challenge, to step up to the plate, to step up and step out. It was time for Count Chocula to make his message known. A year ago he’d sent his message to his fellow students, and now knobs, Israfel had a new year of snots to teach and educate the ways of the count. The ways of chocolaty compassion.

The outfit was pulled from his closet, mended and dry-cleaned. The mask was mended as well, a fresh vibrant coat of paint just given the night before. This year however he had a new trick up his sleeve. Actually, he had several. One was that this year he would bribe some gnomes with he assured them was totally legit silver seeds. No way it would be traced back to him, (unless Hellma was watching. Israfel assumed it was only a matter of time anyways). Once the gnomes had been bribed, the siren had to enact part two. Setting his escape route. While other students had made their speeches, Israfel had been opening a window. He could fly know. Jack right he was going to use his wings to flee if need be. Now for his grand plan.

The speech. Covering himself with cape and hood, he hid in the shadows as best he could, waiting as others went up and made their speeches. Soon his foot was bouncing, his earwings flapping, and by the time Calder was off the stage the siren couldn’t hold in it.

Running up, cloak and hood were abandoned; Standing in front of the ickycom, Israfel began what he was sure was a speech to win the hearts of his fellow students.
“Hold your votes my friends! Hold them and hear my words! The student council elections pit friend against friend, they make you take sides in an effort to pick a winner. But I tell you what voting does, it picks only at the broken hearts and dreams of those cast aside. Do you wish to perpetuate this cycle? This public display of shenanigans?” He felt proud to have gotten to use that word.

“Take a stand my fellow students! Vote not for the system! Fight it! Fight for equality and friendship! Fight with me through this farce of diplomacy! Vote for friendship, for equality, for chocolate! Down with popularity contests! Down with slander and smears! Down with the way bullies and rivals! Take a stand and vote for all that is good! For President, Count on the Count! For Vice- President, Count on the Count! For Secretary, Count on the Count! For Public Representative, Count on the Count! For Treasurer, Count on the Count!
FOR ALL THE POSITIONS
EVEN BEDROOM,
VOTE THE COUNT!
VOTE CHOCOLATE!"

With his final words, he lifted his arms and pulling two tiggers. The crowd would find chocolate bits raining down on them before a certain Count was running off the stage with a “WHOOPWHOOPWHOOP”.

MISSION.
ACCOMPLISHED.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:21 pm
Sparrow Heartreed was not nervous. Sparrow Heartreed did not get nervous.

Except for when he had to stand up in front of the entire school and tell them exactly why he would make a good Treasurer.

Then suddenly it was like he was expected to break out into song and dance wearing nothing but a pink tutu - and he could not pull off that look.

Confidence, Sparrow thought, as he stepped up onto the stage, brushing down his long blue coat and straightening the silk tie knotted neatly beneath his collar. He flashed the crowd a wide, friendly smile (at least, he hoped it was friendly). Just...relax. Breathe normally.

He stood straight, his head held high, blue eyes meeting those that sat nearest.

"For those of you who perhaps don't know me, My name is Sparrow Heartreed," he began. "And I am running for Treasurer."

Good. A nice, clean, precise beginning. He took a deep breath.

"Let me just start out by saying I'm not anything special. I'm just your average, ordinary, everyday student. I like the same things you guys like. I go to the same classes as you guys do. And, the nerd I am, I like math."

Another breath.

"If you vote for me, I promise to do my absolute best to provide for the students of Amityville High by managing the funds of the Student Council in such a way that allows for us to have a good time here at school. I will work with the other members of the student council, not against them, to make this school better, and I will put your needs and wants above my own. I promise to keep an open mind.

"Now, that's a lot of promises," Sparrow continued, with a rueful smile. "But I will make sure they happen."

He hesitated for a moment, fingers twiddling together in an almost nervous fashion as he added "I know I'm not particularly well known around here, since I'm relatively new. But I promise that I will treat you with the respect you are due, no matter if I am voted into the student council or not. Thank you for listening!"

He stepped away from the podium, ducked down in a small bow towards the audience, then stepped down from the stage with a small smile.

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Ravvlet
Crew

Hygienic Waffles

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:17 pm
During the downtime between the last speaker and the next, a dark-clad figure lurked in the shadows. It seemed to have an agenda. It glanced down at a crumpled note in it's hand again, before peeking out around the stage.

Sleepy presidential candidates deserve justice.

It was time for retaliation.

User Image

Cady squinted, glaring out at the sea of faces. It seemed like everyone before her had also promised something. She didn't see the point, but she figured she might as well give it a shot. But what to offer?

"HATS FOR ALL." She finally screamed into the mike, and wheeled her little diagram backstage again.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:16 pm
As one of the last few candidates stepped off the stage, the quiet which had been the audience began to rise up again, the students clearly getting restless. He didn't mind. In fact, the skinwalker didn't seem at all bothered by it, seemingly not even hearing the chatter which had risen to practically drown out everything else. Instead, he merely straightened his collar, adjusted his pelt, and stepped onto the stage, his bare feet making almost no noise as he walked towards the podium.

By halfway across, the entire audience had gone quiet again. Except it wasn't out of respect.

Probably more out of shock.

Nuk wasn't wearing what he normally wear. The worn blue-jeans he had adopted were gone, as were his regular pelt. In fact, he wasn't wearing ANYTHING he normally wore. Around his wrists, his fur-cuffs had been replaced with a white silk, clasped with a skull pin. Around his neck was a similar cuff, covering the tattoos on his neck, accented by a blood red bow-tie, although his chest was still completely bare. His jeans had been replaced by a black speedo (anyone in the first row probably got more of an eyeful than they would have liked.) And finally, his wolf pelt had been replaced by something black and furry and VERY small, rabbit ears flopping a little on his head, the bunny-pelt barely reaching the back of his head, like some sort of odd hat.

Nuk had walked out onto the stage to make his speech...

...as a chippendale.

"Hells bells Riley, how'd you convince me to do this..." he murmured to himself, turning to face the audience, "Uh... yo."

It was starting to look like Nuk didn’t have a speech. Which… he didn’t. Just an idea.

"You shouldn't vote for me."

He almost left it at that. Almost. The auditorium went silent again, and he lifted a clawed finger to scratch his forehead, looking down at the podium for a second... remorsefully? There was definitely something... odd... about him, something that seemed somber, despite his get-up.

"The others? They’re ambitious. They're the ones you see in the hall, talk to you in class, and are always the first to raise their hand. Me? I... don't even go to class, usually. And I... I kinda let you all down."

There was a pause.

"I mean, you saw -- prom was like, the only thing I did, and hell, without ... A LOT of help, it wouldn't have happened at all. And at the end, had it not been for Riley, it would have all gone to s**t anyway."

A little sigh.

"Don't vote for your friends. At the end of the day, they'll still be your friends. Vote for someone you know'll do a good job."

And that was it. He turned a little to move to leave, half-grinning and lifting a hand to wave, like the idiot he was.

"Now, if you'll 'scuse me, I've got a bruteball game to captain."

There was the twisting and popping of bones, and suddenly Nukpana had shrunk to something ten times as small, a little black pile of fluff. It wasn't until he began hopping off the state that people would be able to see that it was a bunny.

x_Nata_x

Interesting Conversationalist

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:24 pm
Christof. Had just. Danced. For her and Barth. That was all he did for his campaign speech. Just danced for the two of them.

He was going to get a mashed spookie syringe after all this was done. She would make sure of it.

And then, after several well spoken speeches, there was Nuk. Riley knew what was in store in theory, but that did not prepare her for the sight. And yet, his speech was smart. He never gave himself enough credit.

Then it was her turn. She took the stage, ready to knock one out of the ballpark, but when she arrived at the podium and looked at the crowd, she hesitated.

Riley scanned the faces in the crowd, taking in each individual separately. The innocence, the childish mischief, the boredom, the quiet tap of cell phone keyboards. Children. They were all children, just as she was. How was she supposed to deliver some rousing speech about campaign promises and change when all she could think about was; which of those faces wouldn't look up at her next year? Which of those seats would be empty? What did any of this matter in the long run?

More silence. An awkward cough. More keyboard tapping. The shuffle of a student body restless and ready to move on.

She folded her hands together against her face. The microphone lay abandoned and useless to her, as usual. You know me. She murmured quietly, efficiently, into the minds of each individual student. You've seen me do what needs to be done, time and time again. I could stand here and remind you of all of that, but I've got something more important to say.

She took a deep breath, and let her hands drop. Be careful. I mean it. Every single one of you, be more careful. I know how easy it is to forget that there's danger in this world, especially when we live in a school filled with capable faculty who we trust to protect us. But just.. please. Be more aware. Lock your dorm room doors at night. I know a lot of you don't. Get in the habit of it. And don't talk to strangers.

Was she spending her entire campaign speech on safety warnings?!

And if you see anything suspicious, don't brush it off. Tell someone. Tell a faculty member. Hell, tell me if you don't feel comfortable talking to an adult. Just don't keep it to yourself.

This had nothing to do with the elections..

She reached up and pinched between her eyes, before trying to get back on task. You have a lot of choices for this election. And it's important that you choose the right ones. But it's more important that you do what's right for yourself. So please. Seriously. Be careful. And if you need my help, president or not, I'm here.

Riley pushed away from the podium, making it screech in protest, and walked off the stage without another word.  
{ Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff