SolarShadow

6,625 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:18 pm
N t e r
Gaughan
I Macar
Just picked up RE one...damn its hard. The tank controls don't help either. It took me awhile just to figure out how to shoot the gun... sweatdrop .
gonk
Shooting in Resi Evil has always been a sholder button then the main action button. xp

Am I the only one who is going to get the Ds version? Cause 1)I haven't truely played the first Resi Evil, 2) The more copies it sells teh more chance we'll get Resi Evil2 and 3 on the Ds, and 3) The voice acting in that game is worth it xd
I might get it..
It doesn't seem like anything else is coming out in February and I need a new game for that month.. x_x

March: Metroid Prime Hunters
April(Not confirmed): Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess

Super Princess Peach, man! Its fabulous! heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:56 pm
okay, perfect port means it'll likely blow, but with the DS having the power of the N64, it's not likely to fail. buying the original RE1 on DS is pretty lame, and should've included the improvments like auto aim, and for those first person things, include the stylus for attacking with the knife. and for the love of god! they should've used the new RE voice acting! the old voice acting was horrible! like out of a saturday morning cartoon! it was definately scarier on GC with the new graphics and better voice acting. ^_^

I'll try to get the chainsaw controller for RE4, and RE4, cant resist blasting zombies! ^_^ killing zombies is good.

THE NINJA HAS SPOKEN!! ninja  

RAPTOR948

SolarShadow

6,625 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:10 pm
When I play RE, I'm STILL waiting for a lock-on feature. neutral

Too much Prime...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:57 pm
lol, nice. After I actually figured out how to shoot and how the controls worked it was an awsome game.

you don't really need a lockon though...everything moves so slow. Straifing would be nice I guess..but it would almost make the game too easy..

...I beat it yesturday by the way. xp  

TurMacar

SolarShadow

6,625 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:59 pm
I Macar
lol, nice. After I actually figured out how to shoot and how the controls worked it was an awsome game.

you don't really need a lockon though...everything moves so slow. Straifing would be nice I guess..but it would almost make the game too easy..

Really? I always find those zombies in my face as soon as they see me. xp
I wish you could dodge easier too, like when someone throws an axe at you.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:08 pm
SolarShadow
I Macar

Axe? uh....oh, are you talking about RE4? I havn't played that one yet, I just finished RE1 and want to play the rest before 4 before I play 4.  

TurMacar

RAPTOR948

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:44 pm
well I hope to play RE4, it looks sweet. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:09 am
SolarShadow
I Macar

Shooting the axes while they are in the air will stop them.

Also if there is a large amount of enemies, try using the shotgun. The blast range is ficken large.

Also to save bullets on one single guy, shot the guy in the kneecap. He should go down on one knee then just run up to him and just go wild with your knife.

If you can use the knife effectively, you will do well in the game.
Also once you get more into the game I'll give you advice on one of the bosses Solar wink  

Gaughan
Crew

SolarShadow

6,625 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:23 pm
Gaughan
SolarShadow
I Macar

Shooting the axes while they are in the air will stop them.

Also if there is a large amount of enemies, try using the shotgun. The blast range is ficken large.

Also to save bullets on one single guy, shot the guy in the kneecap. He should go down on one knee then just run up to him and just go wild with your knife.

If you can use the knife effectively, you will do well in the game.
Also once you get more into the game I'll give you advice on one of the bosses Solar wink

biggrin Cool!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:47 am
well, I'll remember that info... but doesnt a single shot in their head work faster? Head shots are usually the fastest way to mow down baddies and other opponents... right?  

RAPTOR948

SolarShadow

6,625 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:41 pm
Nah...something I noticed, the Mexizombies like to dodge headshots alot. neutral  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:56 am
RAPTOR948
well, I'll remember that info... but doesnt a single shot in their head work faster? Head shots are usually the fastest way to mow down baddies and other opponents... right?
Head shots percentage changes with each weapon and with upgrades.
At the start you have like, 10% of a complete head shot.

Also as you go further in the game...yeah head shots are a likely shot, but to save some bullets...Handgun + knee + knife. Best way to totally save those shotgun bullets for those other nasties.  

Gaughan
Crew

RAPTOR948

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:44 am
hmmm, I'd more prefer getting close enough and aiming for the head, it's always a one shot kill. but the strategy of taking out the knee is solid. but the knee is smaller than the head.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:13 am
Finished RE3 yesturday and started RE4...and got my a** handed to me.

Its a lot different than the other games, the fact that it didn't automatically aim at the closest enemy when you bring up your gun threw me off. And the fact that you can be so much more aerobatic.

..I guess the movements the same, but with the 3rd person FPS veiw (yes that makes sense) it seems weird after playing though the others...

I'm starting to get a handle on the controls/playstyle though. And it is pretty fun.

...to be honest these villagers freak me out more than the actual zombies ever did; how they use weapons and ladders, and things more complicated then just pure swarm tactics.

@ Raptor: but the knee stays reletively still, even when they're running cus they run straight at you usually. The head is constantly bobing and waving around.  

TurMacar

RAPTOR948

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:11 pm
I've now owned, played, and beaten Resident Evil 4. both discs. I even unlocked Ada in the Mercenaries mode, and beat assignment Ada. successfully unlocking the Infinite Rocket Launcher, the Matilda(the 3 shot burst gun from Leons path in RE2), and the Chicago typewriter. I didnt have enough cash so I'll have to play through it again, then I'll get the infinite launcher. ^_^ but I'll need 1,000,000 Ptas to gain the weapon I like(the launcher). Krauser is tough, ESPECIALLY in the cinematic battle. I can handle the Genados fine.

first villagers(before entering Pueblo): 3 handgun shots work very well, especially from the Matilda. this is because the handgun ammo is most common in the game.

ganados villagers(pueblo and beyond): easy prey with the Riot gun(the best shotgun I can think of), and the TMP(the automatic gun).

Chainsaw Ganados: best using the shotgun or the TMP against them, grenades to kick em when they're down, DO NOT ENGUAGE THEM IN MELEE COMBAT!

parasite head ganados: aim for the head, stay a distance away and peg at it with either the handgun or the riot gun, TMP if you wanna be insane.

cultist dudes: like the ganados villagers, they're kinda easy to dispense, handgun shots to the knee and burn them with insindiary grenades and they'll roast like charcoal.

sheilded cultists: blast the sheild with a shotgun or the incindiary grenades, and they'll soon die like normal cultists when you unveil your handgun.

helmeted cultists: rifle through the chest or riot gun blasts or handgun rounds through the legs and chest.

Parasite headed Cultist: THEY BITE YOUR HEAD OFF! keep away from them and shoot them in the head with the Riot gun! 2 flavors of this kind, one flavor spits acid in later areas.

blind wolvoldo guys: rifle blast to the back, or mines to the parasite. rocket launcher works best if you fire a rocket behind them if a wall is to their backs, 1 hit kill. these guys dont mess around, these guys are blind due to having their eyes sewn shut, so they can only hear for where you ran, walking quietly will help you evade them but remain quiet, or fire at bells nearby to give them a reason to attack something, they attack the nearest and loudest sound source.

Regenerators: thermo scope on Semi Automatic rifle to find the Plagas on them, shoot the plagas to kill them(seen as red spots through the thermo scope).

spiked regenerators: same tactic as the normal regenerators, blast their legs out from under them after blasting the Plagas on their front side, they usually have 1 Plagas on their back.

NOTE: when dealing with Regenerators keep a HUGE distance from them! I cant stress it enough! they lunge on and CHOMP IN YOUR NECK, they chew up MASSIVE loads of health VERY QUICKLY. they actually regrow blown off limbs, SERIOUSLY! they do grow back limbs, EVEN THEIR HEADS.

Island troops: a headshot from the Rifle usually works,

Parasite troops: like the villagers, they sprout a blade tentacle, same strategy as with the villagers.

Armored Kano-masked guys: head or thigh shots. I suggest Rifle shots to their heads!

Ghaingun guy: rifle shots to the head! 4-10 rifle shots to the head! it's the only way to kill them effectivly! all other weapons(asside from infinite launcher) wont make him hold off his assault!

good advice: use of Flash grenades instantly kill parasites, so if you have one and find yourself surrounded by parasite headed guys, let one flash go and instant DEATH to parasites.

those are basic enemy strategies I formed.  
Nintendo Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff