Xyloid
That is why this is my God.

User Image

<3

xd What is that?

<3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:35 am
When Christ died on the cross He took on all the sins of anyone who would ever repent so even though we do in fact sin anything we do if we are in the light has already been forgiven.  

Akinetopsia

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:20 pm
Master of Faces
When Christ died on the cross He took on all the sins of anyone who would ever repent so even though we do in fact sin anything we do if we are in the light has already been forgiven.

<3

Exactly.

<3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:42 pm
Orizion
Thank you, Von Kyon, for posting this topic. I wanted to post something similar, but was afraid to. Now, I believe that on our own, we will sin. However, when we become a Christian, we still have the capability to sin, because we still have the old nature hangin' around (see exhibit A)
Exhibit A

New, Christ-centered me --------- Old, sinful me

If we always "feed" or rely on the old, sinful nature, we, in a sense, will be "sinners" even though we have a New "creature" available to us 24/7!

Here's another twist if you wish to discuss it.
Did Enoch sin (he did not die, and the wages of sin is death)?
Did Elijah sin (he did not "die," but was taken to heaven)?
If they did NOT sin, would Romans 3:10 thus be rendered incorrect? And was Christ's death for them in vain?
but didnt Christ come after them ?? i know Christ's death is significant for the generations after him. but does that significance apply to generations before Christ ??? im so confused. o.O  

sunshinehearttrob

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:48 pm
sunshinehearttrob
Orizion
Thank you, Von Kyon, for posting this topic. I wanted to post something similar, but was afraid to. Now, I believe that on our own, we will sin. However, when we become a Christian, we still have the capability to sin, because we still have the old nature hangin' around (see exhibit A)
Exhibit A

New, Christ-centered me --------- Old, sinful me

If we always "feed" or rely on the old, sinful nature, we, in a sense, will be "sinners" even though we have a New "creature" available to us 24/7!

Here's another twist if you wish to discuss it.
Did Enoch sin (he did not die, and the wages of sin is death)?
Did Elijah sin (he did not "die," but was taken to heaven)?
If they did NOT sin, would Romans 3:10 thus be rendered incorrect? And was Christ's death for them in vain?
but didnt Christ come after them ?? i know Christ's death is significant for the generations after him. but does that significance apply to generations before Christ ??? im so confused. o.O

<3

No because they had already died and undergone their fate.

<3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:30 am
Von Kyon
mazuac
Von Kyon

<3

Well it is pretty much impossible to sin because we all do live in the world, which as sin in it, and we're all not perfect. But being imperfect and being a "dirty sinner that is unworthy of God's grace" are two different things. xd The Lord made us, so I think that he would know more than us how worthy we are of his love. xd

<3

Every persons on planet Earth is unworthy of God, Jesus even said so. Not even his apostle's were worthy of the Creator and Sustainer... Which is kind of depressing, however, we know we will be saved by faith in the Lord, who is not just worthy of God, but IS God himself! And, yes, we are all just dirty little sinners unworthy of God's grace...

<3

Was that before or after Jesus died for our sins?

FYI: Jesus dies for our sins, so that we could be forgiven, so that we could be worthy of God's grace.

I can tell you go to a typical church just by your untypical response. Have you read The Bible or do you just listen to what other people in your church tell you?

<3

I have not read the entire bible. I have only been reading the New Testament, and am on the Book of Acts. I also go to a community church. I have come to my own conclusion~ And Jesus said "All people are unworthy of God" before he was ressurected. I never said he didn't die for our sins~ I was getting to the point that, we are all unworthy of God's grace, however, with Jesus we are accepted and forgiven! ~  

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items