Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[ORP] Fright Night - Spooky Clutch Hatching Feast - Open Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:49 pm
Meepfur

“Mmh, it was the best guess of my eldest brothers, my mother neither confirmed or denied it.” It never bothered Rylyrr all that much that they had different fathers or his mother took her pleasure from where she would, be it flings or lovers.

“My mother was a dancer and perfume maker, and you? Do you have any tales you care to speak about your family? I guess I could go back to boring you about mine," Rylyrr grinned at ease.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:58 pm
How very adorable! Yevalee smiled as they watched Gallath greet her sister and then hmm, dancing was it? Well, why not? They strolled over to Shahera, giving a bright smile and offered a hand. “It seems our dragons have the right idea, so, could I steal you for a dance?” They glanced back watching Gallath try to follow her sisters move. “At the very least, I think we could give the hatchings a few pointers.”

And well, it was probably proper to be on hand in case something went south.

Gallath gave a little pleased churr at the nose bump and watcher her sister for a moment before trying to copy her. A spin? Like this? She questioned, giving a little half turn, uncertain.

faesinger

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:49 pm
O'len

"Well... I happened to be accompanied by someone who distracted it, fortunately," he said, looking a little sheepish at the admission. The cat had also been fairly young, which had luckily made it more inclined to run away once it realized it was outnumbered. "I just ended up with a handful of scars and a fine story." One he told better when he wasn't quite so exhausted. O'len laughed, more to himself than anything. "I will definitely be more careful now though." He looked to Aleyath and his sibs on the dance floor, momentarily distracted by the intensity of the bond that stretched between them. While not self aware enough to realize he had never truly loved anyone besides his parents, he was certain in that moment that he hadn't ever felt this strongly about another living creature in all of his life, love or not.

"You're right. Though most of them don't seem bothered by much of anything. I am thankful I only got the one who runs and not one of the angrier hatchlings."

magnadearel

Aleyath

The dragon followed along for a time, dancing with his brothers and sisters until, in an instant, he grew bored. Or not bored really, just distracted by something shinier. He ceased his wiggling and trotted off in one smooth motion, eyeing the distant fire for the second time before stopping near a new young man. He didn't speak or trill a welcome, he just plopped to a seat and looked up at Kambri, his eyes whirling a slow green.

~Kiana_Nala~

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:47 pm
K'ienn

The Weyrwoman fit very nicely into his arms, the Wingleader was surprised and very gratified to find. He felt her concession to his lead, and took her up with confidence. He’d left nothing out of his self-guided education. Twenty turns of readying himself for promotion did, of course, include dance practice. And now he was here, dancing with Zheria. They were a handsome pair, both tall and dark, moving easily together. K’ienn smiled back at her, all the while knowing that she hadn’t asked him to dance just for the small talk. It wasn’t her way. But still, he answered the questions put to him. Though he was currently leading the dance, Zheria would continue to lead in other ways.

“I am glad to be trusted with the privilege of wearing a Wingleader’s knot. The climb there was not easy, and the workload hard, but satisfying. And I do so love my private bath.” He couldn’t help but smirk faintly at that last, for it was absolutely true. “I haven’t been over them long, but I am already proud of my wingriders’ willingness to drill as I ask, and of their fighting skill during Threadfall.”

Masterharper

Teiha

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:13 pm
Teiha

Zheria
The woman listened to K'ienn, her expression unwavering, even as she considered every word he spoke. She knew the bronze rider better than he might think, just as she knew all of the bronze riders at High Reaches. They were of great interest to the woman, mostly, because they could ultimately be of good use to her. She would accept any rider or dragon's help, provided she could trust them -- but it was these men on bronze dragons that were given access to areas and individuals Zheria might not be able to get close to. These were her ambassadors, and some of them might well be molded to do her bidding.

Oh, certainly, she favored D'mon -- they shared many of the same ideas on how the Weyr should be run, and he was charming and charismatic enough to often get his way. He was a good face for the Weyr -- a man that might inspire those more corrupt might see a kindred and sympathetic spirit. D'mon kept the Weyr safe, kept the traditions safe, and kept local Holds happy and more willing to do work with the Weyr. Perhaps the Weyrleader was as corrupt as some of the men she loathed -- but he crumbled beneath her heel, and she kept him in line with the knowledge that they made an excellent team. They were no weyrmates, but they could trust each other.

K'ienn was younger than D'mon and just as ambitious. He'd craved power for Turns, and Zheria had watched him scheme with his little circle of friends. She'd heard rumors, and extracted secrets from the mouths of many a man and woman concerning those in her Weyr. Who to put down, and who to lift up; who was of interest, who was a threat. Honestly, they were all threats until they proved themselves. But here he was, having finally tasted success. "You've worked hard to get here," she mused, "And all on your own. Not a gold rider in sight of your promotion, how impressive." Not that that was entirely true. Zheria often held one of D'mon's ears, which worked out well for her needs. Not every promotion was simply out of a rider's impressiveness. They put people in place that would do a good job, but might also serve a higher power, or keep tradition. Nothing in High Reaches was every really left up to chance.... not with Zheria and D'mon in charge. Still, she would not spoil anyone's fun... Not tonight, at any rate. She wanted K'ienn in charge for his pretty face and his rugged good looks; he was an a**, but she would use that to her advantage.

"But now that you are comfortable in your role, instead of playing with our weyrlings, perhaps I could put your idle hours to better use, hmm?" She arched a brow at him, reaching up to slip her arms about his neck, to pull him just a bit closer. Her fingers brushed through his hair as they danced, ensuring that their words did not go too far. If any of her entourage were near, they would find her behavior unsurprising. No one ever knew if she was coming onto her toys, or if she genuinely had a task at hand. And that's how Zheria liked it. "I have some needs that aren't being met and I do believe you're just the man for the job."

She wasn't going to tell him what she needed here, Faranth no. But let others see that the Weyrwoman might have found favor in one of her bronze riders. That was simply how Zheria functioned, and no one would question whether he came and went to her quarters. He was part of her entourage now, and it was time to put his loyalty tot he test. Either he would succeed, or fail, and K'ienn would be none the wiser. There would be others if not him.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:46 pm
K'ienn

The Weyrwoman seemed to be congratulating him, but he didn’t miss her mild dig about gold riders. He never had any illusions that she was ignorant about his ways and his past, particularly that part of it with a certain weyrwoman who might have been very good for his ambitions, if he still had her. He actually laughed when she mentioned weyrlings—a muted bark of equal parts chagrin and exasperation. Had he wasted his time there? Perhaps. Time would tell.

It would have been a lie to claim that he felt nothing when Zheria drew close, as a lover would, with her fingers in his hair. She was a very beautiful, and very powerful woman. One whom he had watched and admired for many turns. He reminded himself, however, that Zheria was this… friendly with many, and it likely meant absolutely nothing. Even if her words seemed a little… forward. He wasn’t about to assume anything.

“If you feel I am qualified, then I am more than happy to offer my services,” he said. Keep it simple, stupid.

Masterharper

Teiha

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:15 pm
Teiha

Zheria
The dance was exactly the sort of dance Zheria had needed -- a more intimate number. One that was meant for those on the dance floor to move in close, sway with the music, and for lovers to let whispered sweet nothings fall off their tongues. She had no such things for the bronze rider in her arms, but she could play the long game. She would test the man, and see if there was any real substance there, or if he were as shallow and fake as many assumed. Even if the latter were true, she'd find a way to make use of it... no one in High Reaches was without some use to her.

"Ah, so willing," she mused, stroking the back of his neck with her long fingers. "And you don't even ask what it is I wish of you." Hmm. For now, that was a fine quality for a tool she needed to use. At least he might not ask questions right away. "Tell me, are you always so eager to please your dance partners? Or do you simply wish to keep your Weyrwoman happy?" While there was very little else in rank for K'ienn to go, every bronze knew that Eveleth would rise again. Thistreth was never a guaranteed choice, though he had been for some Turns. Another stroke of her fingers, as she let the man lead her over the dance floor. "Either way, I shall take you up on such a fine offer. Surely, such a delicious man like you won't disappoint." And if her smile was reminiscent of a predator staring down a meal, could she really be blamed? She had plans for K'ienn... but she would need to ease him into such things. He was still an outsider.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:13 pm
It was strange, this place that the Wingleader found himself in. He hadn’t had much direct contact with the Weyrwoman, but, as it seemed with every female he knew, she’d apparently had a lot of contact with people who had no love for K’ienn. Perhaps it was just because of recent events with a certain girl and a certain son, but Zheria’s questions felt to his ears like accusations. In any case, it would do no good to attempt to pretend he wasn’t who he was. Not when there was such a wide-open door here before him.

“Zheria. Of course I want to indulge my Weyrwoman. She is… an ideal, in my mind. Her strength. Her tenacity. Her authority, and capability. An ideal that some day I would ardently wish to equal, should Yisketh prove himself a superior flier at the appointed hour.” Then he took a bit of a liberty, closing what little distance there was between them so that they were quite cozy, indeed. If Zheria wanted to be forward, then so would he. “As you are well aware, I have lately found myself with an abundance of personal time, and would welcome whatever distraction you have in mind. I am here to serve High Reaches in whatever capacity is required.”

Masterharper

Teiha

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:47 am
Teiha

Zheria
The Weyrwoman wasn't alarmed or offended when K'ienn moved closer. She held him like he was one of her lovers, and as far as the world was concerned, that was exactly the path she would be leading him down. She wasn't afraid to use every tool at her disposal to get what she needed; it was something life at the brothel's had planted in her at a very young age. At the time she had done the deeds to keep herself out of the mines, and retain status; now, she did what she had to do to turn a head, tempt loyalty, or at least grab the attention of those she needed. K'ienn wished to be part of her entourage, wanted power, but Zheria wondered if what he wanted was praise and glory, or if he genuinely wanted to change the world.

She'd find out in due time.

For now, he would be but another pawn. A shinier pawn, certainly, as his rank afforded, but a pawn all the same. Now that he had power, what would K'ienn do with it? "Such aspirations," she purred, letting herself lean into him. "Perhaps it's time to see just how tenacious and capable a bronze rider you are. I shall make good use of you, then, K'ienn, and we shall see just how much of an asset to your Weyrwoman and your Weyr you will be. D'mon speaks highly enough of you...We'll find out soon enough exactly where you'll fit among my entourage." Would she favor the bronze rider, as she favored D'mon and Thistreth? Or would she dismiss the man as she had some of the men in the Weyr. Only time would tell, depending on the man's cooperation and willingness.

"To serve me is to serve High Reaches; play your hand right, and we will ensure your name goes down in history. I'll have Eveleth call upon Yisketh then, and trust I'll be seeing much more of you." She dragged her hands down his back, nails digging in just enough to remind him that she was no kitten, nothing soft and delicate. If he was going to run with Zheria, than he had best learn how to keep up.

Would she trust him with secrets? Not yet... but perhaps one day. The poor man had no idea what he was asking of her, but that was just as well for now. She'd find out much more about the man soon.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:46 pm
Teiha

Kieza and Green Suwayeth

A flare of color on her cheeks and a nervous expression crossed her face as Silviu bent his elbow for her to tuck her arm into. But what if she tripped over her feet, stepped on his toes or others? What if! What if! Suwayeth sent a wave of calm through their link again, urging her rider on. Yes! Please come join us, my lovely Kieza! The dragon crooned, wheeling around Aramath, her steps short and careful to avoid long cumbersome tails. Kieza let out a long breath to steady her nerves. Delicately, she reached out and carefully hooked her arm into Silviu's. She felt a wave of warmth flood her. The girl couldn't figure out if it was embarrassment that caused it, or perhaps a rush of excitement.

Either way... Kieza found herself pulling at Silviu's arm, pulling him onto the dancefloor. In a sudden uncharacteristically graceful move, Kieza's hand found Silviu's and she spun herself around, her long dress flowing around her in a sea of shining cream and deeper brown, her hair loosing from her attempt at a bun to flow in a wavy mess around her shoulders. She let out a giggle of noise, which gathered the attention of her dragon who left Aramath's side for a moment to dance between the two, rubbing lightly against Silviu's leg with a bugle of noise.

She spun back toward Silviu, stumbling over the hem of her dress and into Silviu's chest with a gasp of laughter. "Okay... so... dancing... definitely not a skill I have." She said, breathlessly as she fought back more laughter. She had never danced before, and though it showed, she found it to be a delight.  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers