Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
What was the last movie you saw... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:31 pm
        And what did you think of it?

I recently had the good fortune of seeing Moana, and I absolutely loved it. I'm a sucker for musicals in general, and this soundtrack moves.

If you can't recall, what was the last film you saw that had an impact on you and why? I always love hearing people's recommendations!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:35 pm
    I also saw Moana recently, too! I adored it. What's your favorite track? Mine is this gem.

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:42 pm
Ebania
    I also saw Moana recently, too! I adored it. What's your favorite track? Mine is this gem.

Oh my goodness.

Jemaine. That song. It's too hard to top the track that has me casually sauntering around quoting lines every time I apply something remotely shimmery to my person.

Gem is right!

Also, any villain that goes into a tangent about eating their own Grandmother gets a strange kind of respect from me, I've discovered. I'm not going to lie.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:50 pm
    For real! It's surprisingly morbid and quirky at the same time. But I love the David Bowie aesthetic. Lin-Manuel Miranda really outdid himself.

Vishkah
          Oh my goodness.

Jemaine. That song. It's too hard to top the track that has me casually sauntering around quoting lines every time I apply something remotely shimmery to my person.

Gem is right!

Also, any villain that goes into a tangent about eating their own Grandmother gets a strange kind of respect from me, I've discovered. I'm not going to lie.

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:35 am
Ebania

My little brother can't and won't stop singing this song send help  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:03 pm
    User Image

Pickled Cactus

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:05 pm
Ebania
    User Image

Pickled Cactus

As the people of the internet say-eth online...

RIP me, I'm dead.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:46 am
Ebania
    User Image

Pickled Cactus

User Image  

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:52 pm
Oh gosh, I enjoyed Moana! Such a cute movie. I couldn't get "You're Welcome" out of my head for days.

The last movie I saw was Rogue One. I enjoyed it. I think I enjoyed Moana more... (since animated movies are more my jam) but I'm glad I saw Rogue One in theaters before I saw spoilers on TV or other places. (You know, even tho we all know how Rogue One would basically have to end because of where it sits in the timeline.)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:06 pm
It wasn't one I saw in theaters, but I got to watch Interstellar in my physics class, my teacher said it has something to do with physics. I think he just wanted a break from teaching lol  

pala-dudes

IRL Bum

25,775 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Blob's To You 100

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:24 pm
Ebania
    For real! It's surprisingly morbid and quirky at the same time. But I love the David Bowie aesthetic. Lin-Manuel Miranda really outdid himself.

Which, all things considered, is a really tough thing to do.

I love how this track came together! It's amazing that the combination of him being a comedian, so passionate about the subject matter (Did you ever hear about his series of theater retellings of Maui's adventures?) and being someone who does impressive David Bowie impressions all came together in this single song. The fact that Lin-Manuel was familiar with those skits and went full glam rock is too fabulous. I love myself some David Bowie anything.

I'm so glad I was able to see it live - there was something very communal about this one.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:26 pm
Pickled Cactus
User Image

User Image

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

Auriga La Shock

zOMG Knight

81,050 Points
  • Graveyard of Achievements 500
  • Stargazing Knight 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:32 pm
I haven't seen Moana, but I wanted to ^^ Uhhh the last movie I saw was Rogue One I believe. I enjoyed it. It was pretty entertaining. It made me want to watch the other star wars movies xD  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:16 pm
Auriga La Shock
I haven't seen Moana, but I wanted to ^^ Uhhh the last movie I saw was Rogue One I believe. I enjoyed it. It was pretty entertaining. It made me want to watch the other star wars movies xD

XD Instead of getting out the other movies, I've been watching Star Wars fan theories on youtube since seeing Rogue One. Sooooo many theories.  

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:20 pm
Strideer
It wasn't one I saw in theaters, but I got to watch Interstellar in my physics class, my teacher said it has something to do with physics. I think he just wanted a break from teaching lol

XD Niiiiiice.
I had a physics teacher who would share internet videos with us... His favorite were a grab that got sucked into a tiny crack in a pipeline, a cat that jumped and spun with a ceiling fan.... and a girl who caught fire while putting gas in her car.
... Saying it that way makes the videos sound worse than they were. XD;
But he'd show them and explain the physics of them.
And would find excuses to show them again.

... So students shared more "physics" videos with him and we spent a few class hours watching internet videos. It was good though. We were able to do that because we did accomplish a lot in that class otherwise.

☆ Chatterbox

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff