❧ Ujana Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suhuba
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:34 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
(Lines by kaname423, Color by jayoku)

|| Stat Page ||
Updated: June/11/18
Experience || 28

Inventory

Weapons
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Simple Hammer || Keen Hammer

Items
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Taming Net

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:03 am
Table of Contents / Rules / Contact Information

ToC
❧Staff Post
Cert, Link to Official Uncert & Inventory
❧Table of Contents & Rules
❧News/Updates
❧Ujana
Basic physical info, personality, etc.
❧History
"My parents banged, there were some wars, and now I'm here. Ba da bing, ba da boom."
❧Relationships
Family, Friends, Lover(s), Enemies, etc.
❧Familiar(s)
---, ---, ---, etc.
❧RP Log
❧ Battle Log
❧Art (Official and Non)

Rules
Do not post in this thread unless you are staff, myself, or invited first. By posting this I am agreeing to follow ToS and shop rules, so I would invite the reader to do the same.

Contact Information
I am always open for plotting/rps! That being said, some ways you can contact me are listed below;

❧PM
❧AIM/Skype: ScootersMcGee

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:07 am
Updates

February 27, 2016 - Ujana has been rehomed and makes her official second appearance!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:18 am
Ujana

Nicknames: N/A
Race: Leaf
Description: Like her father, Ujana is taller with prominent cheekbones and a sharp nose. She's very muscular, and prides herself on her ability to dead lift objects that make most healthy men squirm. Ujana is also a very buxom young woman who neither tries to hide her femininity, nor does she monopolize on it. She's simply very comfortable in her own skin, and if others want to ogle then whose stopping them?

Romantic Status: Single
--->Partner: N/A

3 Base Traits
: Candid, Facetious, Audacious
Personality:

--->Candid
Ujana wouldn't know tact if it smacked her in the face. She's a very loud, very open young woman with a frank way of thinking. There isn't anything that she won't comment on and although she means well, some of her rather blunt observations can come off as hurtful. She's a straight shooter who is just as quick to tell someone how awesome their cooking is as she is to tell them what an ugly baby they have. It isn't that she lacks the ability to understand what her honesty can do to others; rather, she just doesn't care. Ujana doesn't have time to beat around the bush, and would much rather just let everything air out in the open.

Because of her rather open attitude Ujana can't stand liars. She isn't the quickest to pick up on when others are fibbing to her, but when she does catch on there will be hell to pay.

--->Facetious
Since she can't seem to keep her mouth shut it's inevitable that Ujana would be placed into some sticky situations. However, these things never seem to get her down; if anything she tends to treat them with deliberately inappropriate humor. "Did you hear about the last guy I fought? He's alright; I mean, he's literally all rights because I broke his left arm and leg. Funny, right?...oh, what do you know." It's her coping mechanism for stress, fear, and depression. In her eyes you either laugh or you cry; no matter how ill timed your jokes may seem.

Whether it's at a funeral, in the middle of a fight, or during a serious conversation you can bet Ujana has a joke for the situation; usually a terrible pun. "Yesterday I accidentally swallowed some hair color. The healer says I'm alright, but I feel like I've dyed a little inside." Ujana is also the type to laugh at her own jokes, even when she's the only one having fun.

--->Audacious
It's said that Ujana is as suicidal as she is loud. Never one to turn down a hair raising challenge, she'll do practically anything if pushed to the edge. Cliff diving, fighting Janarim bare handed, tossing an intoxicated noble into the street, etc. She's constantly stepping over boundaries simply because she doesn't give a hoot about them. If some Oban p***k thinks he's better than everyone else simply because his family's rich then he'd best be prepared for spit in his drink; if not something far worse.

Interesting Facts
-->She likes dancing, but her moves are reminiscent of a seizure.
-->Totally not a morning person. It's best to avoid her for at least a half hour after she's woken up, and woe be unto you if you wake her up.
-->There is a rather large tattoo on her lower back of a blooming lotus surrounded by golden swirls. She does not remembering getting it.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:12 am
History

Ujana and her twin sister, Padma, were born to their parents shortly after the first battle with the Obans. Although they were sequestered off in the settlement of Yera for their own protection Ujana seemed to chaff at the restrictions placed upon her. As a child she was a hell-raiser and always seemed to be getting into some sort of trouble. When asked why she did the things she did Ujana couldn't give an answer. At the time she was a chaotic soul, prone to testing her boundaries at every chance, with no other reason than because she wanted to. Everything just felt too stuffy and 'safe' for her, when all Ujana looked for was a little spice in her day.

As much as she loved her sister there was also a rivalry born between them. Where as Padma preferred to stay indoors, Ujana would go outside any chance she got. Inevitably she would gravitate towards her friends and inevitably the ruffian punks would get into a scrap over something. In those moments a seed was planted; one that let her know that fighting could be a fun way to release energy and stress. She didn't even try to hide the cuts and bruises; rather, she was proud of them. "You should have seen the other guy. I got him good, right in the eye!"

When the war was won Ujana felt herself truly blossom. The tension that had filled her father evaporated, thus leaving her free to explore her passions. Before she could truly start to get her mind around it all her mother decided she was moving to Jauhar - and taking Ujana with her.

Although it had been her decision to go with Pahana, it was hard to leave her family behind. Many tears were shed during the final farewell. To this day she remembers holding onto her father so tight it was if she thought he would slip away from her. "This won't be forever, right? We'll be together again someday."

Jauhar was something of an oddity to Ujana. She'd left one half of her family to live with another, and while she liked the newness of it all she missed home. To combat that sort of loneliness inside herself Ujana immersed herself in training; though, not the sort her mother may have liked. Ujana found herself scuffling with a new set of friends who tolerated her bad jokes as only the best of chums can. For a while things were balancing out; she would write to her sister often and with each day she calmed a little. The chaotic energy that had consumed her as a child began to shift itself into a sort of devil-may-care philosophy. She was happiest surrounded by friends, knuckles bloodied from a good scrap, with a smile on her face and a drink in her hand (though that bit was conveniently omitted from her letters home).

Ujana had grown into a young woman; a veritable amazon in her own right. That was part of the reasoning why she had gone to Sauti when the extremists made themselves known. She believed herself capable enough to help push them back, and found that while she was inexperienced, she wasn't exactly wrong. Ujana had received minor injuries, but nothing devastating; at least, not in that form. When the time came to return to her mother she couldn't find the woman. No news nor bit of gossip could lead her to Pahana, and so it came to be that Ujana set out on her own.

A part of her knew she would always have a home with her family. She could have stayed in Jauhar, or even gone back to Tale to live with her father and sister again, but after all this time...Would it even be right to go back and expect things to be the same?

For a while she wandered, moving from settlement to settlement before finally settling in Kelv, Oba. A kind woman had taken her in when Ujana found herself on the streets. Rather than see the girl resort to theft - or something much worse - she gave her a job. Medina owned a tavern and while her own children were supposed to help her, they often gave her excuses and ran off. In exchange for her work Medina would let Ujana stay with her, which seemed like a fine deal to her. Her husband, Rystas, had been less than thrilled with the arrangement, though one stern look from his wife closed the argument for good.

At first Ujana hadn't known what to think. The tavern wasn't much; small, a little cramped, and packed wall to wall with seedy characters. All it took was breaking up a few bar fights for Ujana to tell that these were her kind of people. The atmosphere in the tavern was homey, but chaotic; as if at a moment's notice an entire group could come to blows and she loved it. Ujana was kept busy either manning the bar or booting out unruly customers. The overwhelming feeling of accomplishment, like she was doing something good, made her feel confident enough to reach out to her family once again.

Somehow, someday, she would see them again, and when she did Ujana hoped they would be ready for the new her.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:13 am
Relationships

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:15 am
Familiar(s)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:16 am
RP Log

Prentice
[Oba] Opa! - Talisia
[WE/Oba] At Large - Talisia
[Oba] Rowdy This Evening - Juno
[Oba] A Night's Rest - Nadiya
[Oba] Mini Meta - x

Stage 2
[Jauhar] Hey Good Lookin', Come Here Often? - Ariya
[Jauhar] Shopping plans thwarted - Riona
[Jauhar] Faces - Uquin
[Tale] I Like Big Butts and I Cannot Lie - San'thari
[Tale/WE] Creepy Crawlers - Talisia
[Tale] Setting an Example - Ariya / Subira
[Tale] Midnight Whispers - Ariya
[Tale] Go Where? = Ariya

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:17 am
Battle Log

Prentice
[Oba] x - Ujana Vs. Yitzah (Winner Ujana)
[Oba] x - Ujana Vs. Onora (Winner Ujana)
[Oba] x - Ujana Vs. Thertia (Winner Thertia)

Stage 2
[2] Tryston
[2] Sy
[2] Rho

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:18 am
Art

User Image
(Art by Kana)

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:23 am
Prentice Solo 1

What was that?

Ujana stood behind the bar, leaning against the stained wood with one hand holding a stein and the other drying it out with a rag. A man had walked through the entryway, which wasn't anything unusual for Medina's, considering most of their patrons were male, but his face-! What in the name of the Gods was wrong with his face?!

She squinted to try to get a better look, twisting her head to the side with her intentions as blanket as the small clucking sound she made with her tongue. Was that some sort of crystal or...? Oh gross, it moved. The bulge on the lower part of his jaw jiggled a bit as he walked, which seemed to her as if it was infected. The area was crimson, as bright as any part of eyes she'd seen on an Oban, and made her want to lose her lunch.

And yet...she couldn't stop staring. He was talking to a few others now, and no one was asking about it. Why not?! Weren't they concerned about the thing growing out of his face? Gods, it looked like it was going to sprout legs and walk off!

"Don't," came a warning from her side. Ujana turned to see Medina giving her a firm look.

"Don't what? Save his life from the leech on his face?"

"Ujana." The older woman groused, saying her name as if it were painful to do so. She reached out to put an arm on her hand and shook her head. It was obvious what Medina thought she should do, but Ujana...Ujana thought someone ought to lance that thing before it took over his mind.

"Hey, buddy!"Around the time she set the stein down with it's freshly dried siblings Ujana moved to cross the room towards him. He turned away from his friends to give her an appreciative once over, clearly thinking her intentions were a little more on the friendly side of things. That spark died once she opened her mouth. "Woah, that thing is even uglier up close. Look at how swollen it is! Oh man, I want to poke it; can I?" Without waiting for any sort of reply she reached out and tapped it with her index finger. When it moved a little she very dramatically shivered, "Gross".

While his friends snickered, the man seemed to puff up and he raised a hand to swat hers away. "Excuse me? Who do you think you are? You can't just-"

"Look, I'm going to be straight with you; if you let me cut it off you might be cute enough for someone to date you. I bet you're single, right? Because of that puss bubble on your face?" She gestured vaguely to the boil.

"If I want to have it removed I will go to a healer." He spoke through grinding teeth, but Ujana wasn't worried about him striking out at her. This guy might have been easily ten years older than her, but he was also half her size.

"I'm not a healer, but my dad is. He's not here, though, but I picked up enough to make sure you won't die or anything. You might scar, though-"

"GET AWAY FROM ME." He shoved past her, grabbed his cloak and left in a huffing flourish.

Well now! Ujana watched him storm out with a hand on her hip, and a little cluck of her tongue. Now how rude was that? All she wanted to do was save his life (both the physical and social one) and he left. People these days. If he didn't want to hear the truth then he should have tried using some make up to patch that thing up, or a really nice scarf.

She turned to look at the bar where Medina looked as if she were trying to claw her eyes out. The woman drug her hands down her face with a deep groan, and looked at Ujana as if she were a Quhar who had wandered into the stock room. "You're on cleaning duty for the rest of the week."

"What?! Why? What did I do?"

"Grab the mop, Ujana! And no more complaints!"

Decree or not, she did mumble a few unsavory phrases as the teenager went in search for the cleaning supplies. It wasn't hard to find them, nor was it hard to make the place shine. There were few patrons that came into the tavern this early in the day, so it wasn't as if Ujana had to clean up anything really nasty yet. After a while Medina waved for her to take a break, and the two sat on a little bench next to the open doorway.

"You have to learn to leave them be, Ujana. A lot of our customers come in here to forget their troubles, not have them pointed out in front of everyone else."

"But did you SEE that thing-"

"I did, and I also know that he's a good man with marital troubles. He comes in here to spend time with his friends, who were trying to cheer him up." Medina laid a plump hand on the younger girl's thigh and gave it a pat. "Not everyone is as confident in themselves as you are. Remember that and try to empathize."

"I'm not going to lie just to make people feel better, but...I'll try not to attack them as soon as they come in the door anymore." She felt a little guilty now, though not too much, "I bet that bump isn't the reason his marriage is falling apart, though. He was staring at my girls the whole time I was talking to him, even when he was angry."

Medina had to smirk at that. "You're right. He was caught cheating on his wife, but that still doesn't excuse your behavior. Next time keep your mouth shut and if he's going to stare...make him pay for it. Get him to buy a drink every time he so much as looks at you."

"Ever the business woman, Medina."

"Someone has to be," she chuckled, and moved to stand up. "Back to work."

(WC: 1,030)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:49 pm
Prentice Solo 2 - Ujana chooses Brute class

As soon as Ujana heard about the tournament she hadn't been able to talk about anything else.

Medina's was alive with activity and gossip in the days preceding the grand tourney. Naturally it should have been enough to keep the teenager tired, but the adrenaline pumping through her veins only fueled her mouth. Every traveler that came by had some story to tell; some were selling their wares, others hoped to win their battles, etc. Those days had gone by so fast that when the big event came around Ujana barely got out of the tavern. She hadn't thought to pack or save up; all she had were a few coins stuffed into the lining of her bodice with a small satchel of hastily throw together clothing over her shoulder. A quick message to Medina had been all she wanted to make, just to let her know she was leaving for a while, but the woman had pulled her aside to give her a gift.

Ujana remembered it well. The stout Oban woman had pulled a large maul from the wall, the one so lovingly named The Boot, and handed it over. At first she hadn't wanted to take it. This was a family heirloom, passed down through Medina's family since before anyone could remember. If anyone was going to wield it again it should have been her children, but Medina wouldn't hear of it. "They've had their chance and here's yours; take this and win. I know you can." No one believed in her skills like Medina did. She didn't just see a muscle bound girl; she saw the determination and fire lying underneath. If anyone had a chance at winning the tournament it would be Ujana. It was enough for Ujana's already inflated ego to practically burst through the clouds themselves. Why shouldn't she be the winner? In her age group there wouldn't likely be anyone as dedicated to physical training as she was, so it stood to reason that chances were very high for her come out of this victorious.

So it came to pass that Ujana strode out of the tavern with her head held high, and her stride confident all the way to Sulburi. It hadn't been a particularly long trip, though she'd passed the time quickly enough by making friends with other travelers. She hadn't realized just how good it felt to talk with her own kind again until meeting with a family from Tale. The father wanted to take his sons on a well deserved vacation since the family had been through rough times as of late. Their mother had passed and the woman Ujana had assumed to be the mother at first was actually the father's sister. It made her wonder if this might have been what she and Padma would have looked like had she stayed with her father instead of leaving. Shoving at each other, laughing under their breath about some joke aimed at their father while he pretended not to watch them, but was oh so obvious while doing so. The man had this little quirky smile, almost a smirk, and it never dropped when he looked at his boys, even when one put a wad of mud in the other's ear.

It might have been a perfect little group if those boys had been fortunate enough not to inherit their father's eyes. They were a little too close for her comfort; almost as if you could put a stick between them and they could hold it there with just their eyeballs. Still, it had served to make her homesick. She couldn't remember Tale at all, but she could remember her family. Her sister would be grown by now, at least as grown as she was, and Papa...

Hopefully he was holding up okay.

"Are you going to enter the tournament, Miss?"
The father, a man named Orja, questioned her. She couldn't look him square in the face lest she make another comment about his face. Which was a shame really since everything else about him was rather handsome.

"Of course I am! I wouldn't be carrying this thing if I weren't." She shifted The Boot from one shoulder to the next as if it weighed no more than a toddler. Medina had made it clear that if Ujana wanted the maul (or hammer, whichever one preferred to call it) then she could have it. And boy did Ujana want it. It was a heavy weigh to bear (both literally and metaphorically), but one she welcomed. Now she could protect herself to the fullest when faced with challengers instead of going straight for the groin to save herself from being stabbed. Not that she wouldn't still try to go for the groin, but not with the hammer. She didn't want to do that much damage.

The new King of Oba was making this a happy time, so she wanted to celebrate her new weapon by beating up as many people as she could. Seemed about right. Only way to break it in would be to test it against others, and whatever kind of weapon they brought with them.

"I'm hoping not to go up against magic or arrows, though. Can't do much with blocking against that sort of stuff. Not til I get up close anyway, and then - WHAM! Done and done."

That was enough to catch the boys attention, who couldn't stop laughing and cheering for her. Their Aunt seemed a little more concerned, as if a young lady shouldn't be doing that sort of thing. She almost said as much, but Ujana snubbed her nose and outright ignored her. "Proper" ladies were women who sat on their rumps all day with little sewing needles and cooked for their husbands. They popped out a few brats, took care of them until they married and then died without ever really making a mark on the world.

Ujana was not a proper lady.

Sure, one day she wanted to have kids of her own, but a spouse wasn't necessary for that. Love wasn't even on her radar, much less tying herself down to one person for the rest of her life. How boring would that be? Nah, what she craved was something she could hold in her hands; a life that she would make and manipulate by herself, without anyone doing it for her.

And by owning her hammer she could make that happen.

If anyone thought they could take her on before they would need to think again now. Ujana was going to be fierce, and her first act as a new, improved version of herself would be winning the King's tournament.

(WC: 1,113)

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:32 pm
Prentice Solo 3 - Ujana uses Flirt (It's Super Ineffective? Maybe?)

It had been some time since her first match when Ujana first saw her. She had been moving around the stands and vendors, scoping out the competition as well as nabbing a well deserved treat. The act itself had been relatively mundane until her crystalline eyes caught on the most gorgeous figure she'd ever seen in her life.

Standing a good distance away from her was an alkidike with a figure as luscious as the fruit trees in Jauhar. She couldn't stop the appreciative whistle that slipped out anymore than Ujana could stop herself from openly ogling the warriors fine physique. In terms of height for her kind she was relatively short, with her dreads piled onto her head in a decorative updo. Ujana thought she spied a few golden baubles in those lovely dark locks, but she couldn't be sure at this distance. All she could see were those curves; curves one didn't normally see on an alk. Not that their 'average' gals weren't nice to peep at, but she tired pretty quickly of the whole little waist, big hips and breasts deal. Ujana had that herself; why did she need anymore of it? She needed a gal with a little meat on her bones and this one had more than enough meat to keep Ujana satisfied for months.

And the way she moved...there was so much confidence in that stride that Ujana felt herself being pulled through the crowd after her. The woman got more than her fair share of ugly comments and snide remarks; some about her race, others about her weight, but she didn't seem to care. It had to annoy her, it annoyed Ujana so it had to get to her, but the alk just kept walking as if she were a Queen among peasants.

Please be single.

When she got close enough Ujana reached out for her wrist and pulled the alk to a stop. The woman's surprise showed through before mild aggravation replaced it, "What do you want?" Okay, so her voice was a little nasally, which wasn't exactly a turn on but it wasn't enough to be a turn off.

"To shower you in affection and bask in your sexiness for as long as you'll let me." The warrior seemed blown away by that statement. Ujana thought it was because she had never been smooth talked like that before, but it was likely because she couldn't believe this earthling would have the audacity to talk to her like that. "You know, I'm a fan of sweets too, and I see a whole lot of sugar standing right in front of me waiting to be nibbled on."

"...Would you...would you mind just letting go of me and leaving?" Her nasally voice seemed to drag on, and when Ujana let go out of respect for her wishes she tried to walk away. Ujana, however, was hot on her heels. "Go away, girl, you can't handle this anyway."

"Won't know until I try."

"Look, if this is some kind of kink you have-"

"What, I can't appreciate your beauty just because you don't look like that tramp over there?" Ujana motioned with her pointer finger to an iceling woman. She was the stereotypical version of gorgeous; hourglass figure, stylish hair, and a low cut blouse. Her breasts were pressed up against an Oban's arm as she sweet talked him. "Sugar, I chased you, not her, and it ain't because I've got a kink. I've gone after skinny little things too, you know, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the bigger gals."

This seemed to mollify the alk some, but not enough for her to be completely on Ujana's side. "I'm not into earthlings."

"I can get that." Ujana held up her hands with a grin. "Had to try though, you know? If you change your mind I'll be around the area for the rest of the tournament. Just saying."

That brought a little smirk to the alk's lips. "I'll keep that in mind. Look...I'm not used to the area, so do you want to go grab something to eat? I'll pay if you lead the way."

Ujana mentally congratulated herself. The warrior said she wasn't interested, and yet, now she was as good as invited on a date. Little steps, girl, little steps. "I thought you'd never ask. Follow me, I know just the place."

-----------------------------

They talked for hours. Ujana couldn't remember the last time she'd been able to talk about Jauhar and have someone understand. However, it became apparent that things weren't going to work out between the two of them like Ujana had planned.

For once thing the alk, whose name was Cys, kept wanting to reach out and touch Ujana's arm every time she laughed. And it wasn't that cute little touch; it was a creepy sort of rubbing thing that left Ujana more creeped out than turned on. That laugh! It was hard to take Cys seriously after hearing it. She brayed like a Quhar in heat, and sometimes she spray spittle while doing so.

Of course, Ujana hadn't been able to tactfully keep her mouth shut about it, which meant their 'date' ended with a glass of mead being tossed in Ujana's face before Cys stormed away. It was for the best, anyway; Ujana didn't mind a few quirks, but that one was just all sorts of wrong.

"Maybe I should try to date a guy,
" Ujana murmured, reaching up to brush her now soaked bangs out of her face. It had been so long since she'd tried dating a member of the opposite sex that she didn't know if she even could. Maybe she just wasn't attracted to them anymore. Or maybe she just hadn't met the right one. Either way, anyone had to be better that...that.

Shaking her head, Ujana stood up, paid for their drinks and strode out of the little tavern they'd spend most of the evening in. She needed to head back to her inn anyway and get some rest while she could. Tomorrow the battles would begin, and she needed a clear head.

(WC: 1,027)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:18 pm
Prentice Growth Solo

(During the META tournament in Oba Ujana saw that her father was one of the contestants. Up until this point she's avoided looking for him and her sister, Padma. She's concerned that they won't like her anymore, since she's changed so much over the years. However, now that she's seen him, the urge to speak with her father again spurned her to look for him. She searched and searched the area after the tournament, but was unable to find Uquin.

Over the past couple of years she's built a life in Oba; something stable with a new 'family' that loves her. Medina, the one who took her in, has offered her a permanent position within their house and future ownership of her tavern. Things are looking bright for Ujana, and yet the urge to reconnect with her family is stronger.

She'll turn down Medina's offer on the grounds that family comes first. Children can get away with running from their fears, but true adults can't. She's going to find her family and face them, whether they're ready to accept her or not. Ujana is tired of being so far away from them, and as much as she loves Medina, Ujana knows that the only home for her is wherever her family is.)

Ujana had been so excited for the tournament to begin, thrilled beyond belief while it was happening, and then....it ended. Her emotional high had been thoroughly doused the moment she decided to settle in the stands and watch the older divisions battle. For the first few matches she'd cheered along with the crowd until a particular name was announced; Uquin. Father? Surely it had to have been a coincidence. Why would he come all the way to Oba just to battle? No, surely it couldn't be....

And yet, it had been. Ujana watched her father fight as if she had seen the man come back from the dead. No matter how grown she was physically the instant she saw him in that arena Ujana became a little girl once more who simply wanted to be close to her father. She knew he was out there, had hoped he was, but now to have him so close...

Ujana waited not so patiently for his match to be over. She plowed through the crowd just to be the first to see him, but Uquin never showed. At first she assumed that he was running behind, but then she started to ask about him. Yes, they had seen him, and yes, he was gone. No one knew where he'd gone or where he was staying. It was enough to drive her insane! Ujana looked all over the city after that. She searched through inns, taverns, shops, booths, alleys; anywhere and everywhere. Still, nothing.

Frustrated and depressed, Ujana had finished up her matches (resounding in a disappointing loss) before slinking back to Medina's. There was just no way for her to concentrate on anything after that. She dropped steins on her way to tables, overcooked meat, dropped hot soup on a customer's head...and all in front of her patron, Medina.

The concerned Oban took Ujana aside one early morning, after the tavern had closed, and sat her down. Her plump hand placed itself atop Ujana's on the scarred table top. "Sweetheart, what's wrong? If this is about your father-"

"Why do you even have to question it? Of COURSE it's about him!"
Ujana snapped. She pulled her hand away from Medina's as if it were on fire. All evening she had been relatively quiet, which was enough to worry about, but now she seemed unhinged. "It's just...it was a lot easier when I didn't have to see him, you know? I knew they were still out there, and one day I was going to go see them, but then he just waltzes into Oba-" Ujana grumbled, leaning back into her seat with a furrow in her brow.

"Maybe you still need time. Just because you saw him at the tournament doesn't mean you need to do anything about it right now." The older woman reached for Ujana's hand once more, and this time held it in a firmer grasp. It did nothing to sooth the teenagers frazzled emotions, but Medina was trying, which meant a lot to Ujana. It showed she cared and that was always welcomed. "Maybe start off with writing him a letter? There are couriers who can track him down for the right price. You needn't leave on a wild chase if you don't have to. That way you can see if he's going to be the same father you knew before coming here, and if he isn't..."

The aging Oban moved closer to Ujana. She moved from her seat across from the girl to the one beside of her, and turned to look her dead in the eye. "We were going to wait to ask you, but it seems like you need the news now. Something to perk you up a bit." Medina smiled, this time a little more enthusiastically, "I'm not getting any younger, you know, and my children...well, they've shown less interest in keeping up the place than they did with inheriting The Boot. My husband and I have talked it over...Ujana, we want you to take over some day."

"Me?!" She squawked. Was the woman out of her mind?! What in the world could have possessed her to make her think that Ujana would make an excellent successor. "I don't know anything about running a business-"

"Yes you do. You've been with me for years now, girl, so you've had to pick up the trade." Medina looked around her at the empty seats. Right now the room was as quiet as death itself, but come evening it would be bustling with life. "You can clean, you can pour mead, and you can cook if needed. Not great, mind you, but you can cook. However, the most important part about owning a tavern is being able to draw in customers and make them feel welcome. You do that everyday, Ujana. You've turned my tavern into a safe place for travelers and hybrids alike to spend their hard earned coin. They come here to mingle because they know they won't be treated differently because of their appearance. I may have started the process of letting others in, but you....You made this place feel like a home to them."

Home.

It was a strange word and not one she normally dwelled on. Home to her had always been the place she bedded down for the night. She hadn't thought of it being more than that. If home was where one felt safe and welcomed...Well, then, this could be her home. Medina had welcomed a stray leafling into her home and was even offering to leave her business in Ujana's hands. The amount of trust this woman had in her was enough to remind Ujana just how much she was loved. And yet...

If home meant that it was where your heart felt the happiest...then it wasn't here. "I...I'm sorry Medina, I can't accept your offer."

"What? Why not? Ujana, please, think this over. You've already made a reputation for herself here. Everyone loves you, we love you, I just can't stand the thought of you going all the way to Tale just to find out that your father won't love the young woman you've become."

And that was it, wasn't it? The reason why she had held off on finding him for so many years. It hadn't really occurred to her that Padma might not accept her; her sister was too sweet not to. But Uquin? He possessed the same cut and dry mind that Ujana held so it stood to reason that she feared his response.

"I'm not going to hide from it anymore. If he comes to hate me, then fine, at least I'll know. That man deserves to know that he has two daughters who want to be in his life, not just one, and I'm sick of hiding away like some scared little girl. I can't pretend that my family isn't out there, Medina. I want to see them, and I'm grown enough now to see that if I want to get out there, I might as well go. If he doesn't like me then tough; he's stuck with me anyway."

Tale was home, not Oba. Jauhar had been a nice resting place for a while, and even if it was her mother's chosen home it hadn't been hers. Tale held her family and to Ujana that was the best kind of 'home' she could ever hope for. "Besides, if I stay here any longer you'll start dressing me in red, and let me tell you, red is not my color."

She still worried about his reaction, though. Uquin might very well turn his back to her, and shun her from his home. However, Ujana would stay close, for Padma's sake. That was what being an adult was; facing fears to make a better life for yourself. If she wanted her family then no one could stop her from getting to them, not if she really tried.

"Thank you for all of your help, Medina, but this is just something I have to do."

While the Oban wasn't particularly thrilled with the response, she nodded her head in agreement. Ujana knew that she would still worry, and that she was likely disappointed now that she didn't have a suitable successor. That was part of life, too, though; getting over the hurdles tossed in your path. "If you think it's for the best then I won't stop you. Just promise me that you'll be careful, and write to me as often as you can."

Ujana closed the gap between them in order to give Medina a giant hug. She wrapped her muscular arms around the stout woman, drawing her close. "I'll write so often that you'll get sick of it."

"Not likely, dear,"
Medina chuckled. "Not likely." They stayed in the embrace for what seemed like mere moments, but was actually far longer. Neither woman seemed particularly willing to let the other go, which spoke volumes about their relationship. Medina had become a second mother to Ujana, and one she hoped to have in her life for many, many years to come. For even if distance separated them bonds of the heart would bring them back together again.

(WC: 1,530)

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:26 pm
Stage 2 - Solo One

Ujana hadn't thought that Tale would be so barren. Surely she should have remembered this wasteland?

It was the savannah of Tendaji, swarmed in dirt and soft, off white sand. Ujana didn't mind that so much; the sand honestly felt a lot cooler under foot than that of Oba and it reminded her of being in Matori. Moving around burned more energy though, since the ground was cushioned like a kinfa's down feathers and left her exhausted. She had been in the area for so long that she should have been used to it by now, but honestly, Ujana didn't think she ever would be.

Candy colored grass licked her calves as she walked, pack slung over one shoulder with her hammer all but dragging the ground. Ujana had left her family behind for a little while, keen on seeing her homeland once again with fresh eyes. They likely would have objected if they'd known, so it was good that she'd only left a note. Papa wouldn't be happy, but....well, he wouldn't be happy if she told him either, so it was probably better this way.

She could see a little gathering of dwellings not too far from her, and the sight brought a happy sigh from Ujana. She was beyond ready to stretch her legs, get a cool drink, and sleep for the rest of the afternoon.

However, life seemed to have other plans.

"Hey there, stranger."
At first Ujana thought it was a woman speaking to her, until she noticed it was just a very small, petite looking man. At least, small in her opinion. Generally anyone shorter than herself was considered 'small'.

He wasn't unattractive though, so she stopped to give him the attention he seemed to crave. She stopped to drop her bags against the exterior bark of the closest tree, and leaned her back against it, arching just so. It pushed her bountiful assets into full view; as if the man wasn't already drinking her in.

"What do you want?" She asked bluntly, reaching up to pick a bit of food from her teeth. The action shouldn't have been attractive; if anything it should have repelled him, but he stuck around, which impressed her. He certainly had balls.

"Just a little bit of your time. Maybe to buy you a drink? You must be thirsty, after walking for so long." He motioned to her bare feet, which were caked in dirt and all sorts of other goop she'd rather not think about.

"Are you sure you aren't interested in anything else?" She asked with an arched brow. Men like this were only after one thing, and she'd rather get it over with to have a peaceful meal on her own as opposed to having her evening ruined.

"W-well, perhaps, there are other activities we could-"

"Good Gods, just spit it out. Do you or do you not want to bend me over and-"

"YES. Just-just keep it down. Everyone can hear you."

Ujana grinned and leaned forward to grab the man by his shirt front, pulling him in for a quick, emboldened kiss that left him breathless. She licked at his bottom lip, tasting remnants of a sweet fruity liquor that was no doubt the reason for his apparent 'courage'. His stammering led her to believe he wasn't usually so bold, but that didn't matter to Ujana. She had an itch to scratch, and he was just the man to do it.

"If I have it my way, everyone in Tale will be able to hear us tonight."

---------

It was mid afternoon when Ujana next stirred. She wriggled on the stomach, burrowing her face into mussed sheets, and rooting her head underneath her pillow to block out the sunlight. An aggravated groan slipped out, as well as something that wasn't exactly a compliment to the bright orb in the sky.

An amused chuckle responded, and in that instant she lifted herself with her hands, holding her upper body aloft as she sought out the voice. When she saw him, dressing by the side of the bed Ujana simply stared. It shouldn't have taken her so long to remember his name - Turoc? Tryce? - especially after saying it so much last night. Her hair fell over her shoulders in such thick, luscious waves that it covered all of her most private bits, but it was still such a sumptuous pose that the man's eyes traveled over her, letting out a little whistle as he did so.

Out of sheer stubbornness she flopped back down onto the bed and pulled the blankets up to her chin.

"No sense in being modest now, love," He moved closer to her and sat down next to her hip. Ujana's body slipped a little closer to his as the bedding dipped down under his body weight.

"Oh, I'm not being modest, I just thought you would have left by now." She clucked her tongue and inched a little further away from him on the bed; away from his wandering eyes and that hand that kept creeping up to her hip.

"I'm not the love 'em and leave 'em type. I thought maybe we could get some breakfast together, and-"

"No, you're the 'can't take a hint' type, aren't you? I'm telling you to get out."

He furrowed his brows and sat a little more rigidly. "I thought you...what did I do to make you so angry? I kind of thought what we did last night was...well, nice."

Ujana sat up then, bringing the blanket up with her. It wasn't out of modesty that she kept herself covered; she simply wanted him to focus on what she had to say so she wouldn't have to waste her breath saying it again. Maybe it was the early morning hours making her irritable, or the less than perfect night she'd had. "Nice isn't what I wanted. What kind of man cries during-? You know what, forget it."

For a moment she had thought about just kicking him out, until she remembered that it wasn't her room at all. That just made things a little easier. She bounced across the bed and hopped off the end, completely stark naked, and searched around for her clothing. The entire time he - what was his name? - kept making excuses and promising her to be better next time and -

By the time Ujana was fully dressed, without even having time to brush her hair, for the sake of the Gods!, she was full on pissed. "LOOK, if it will make you happier we can meet up this evening and - I don't know - have dinner? Just dinner."

"O-okay, yeah, that sounds good!"

"See you later." Ujana didn't even wait for him to say anything else - she just left. She needed to get her own room anyway, since she didn't plan on shaking up with just anyone who walked in the door, despite how last night played out. And maybe she had been a little harsh with him...but she could worry about that more tonight.

Right now, she just wanted a room to herself where she could sleep until the morning was over. Maybe then she would be in the mood to deal with him.

(WC: 1201)
[4]

◈ Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas