Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DeeJaye
Crew

O.G. Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:12 am
DeeJaye
Figured I'd post this here - I'm going to extend the wishing star event by 2 1/2 hours because I'll be bringing someone to the airport at that time, and I'd prefer to roll more closely to the roll time than a few hours after, plus it might give a chance for 1-2 stragglers to get it (: sorry about this, I hope no one minds !

::.The Wishing Star.::

There’s a strange, bright star over the Kawani lands. It’s a rare sight, and legend has it that the star can grant a few select Soquili a special wish. Head up to the top of the hill, place a small offering on the alter, and make your wish. Is it a wish for love, a child, a friend or even someone long lost? Think carefully about your wish, however, as you only get to make one!

PLEASE NOTE: This wishing star is free so if you have won a pony in the Celebration of Love Parade, you will be inelligible to enter for this! If you won a familiar, you are still eligible to enter! (:

::.Info.::

Opens: NOW
Closes: July 8th, 1 PM EST 3:30 PM EST

Available slots:
Miracle Baby: Deejaye (2) - Kuu (2) - Pan (1)
Extra Gift: Deejaye (2) - Kuu (1)
Rogue Parent: Deejaye (2) - Kuu (2)
Long Lost Family Member: Deejaye (2) - Kuu (2) - Pan (2)
A true Friend: Deejaye (2) - Kuu (2) - Pan (1)

CC: Deejaye (0-2 Possible CC, depending on how I feel about workload! (: )

(Format credit to Ririka)  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:14 am
::.The Rules .::

1. Post in this thread only for your entries. PM me if you have any questions~
2. One entry per person. The same couple can be entered multiple times for breedings. Whoever posts the couple gets the basket if they're rolled. ***
3. Anything up to Rare is a go, and super rare so long as they're not purebred. Not to include Skinwalkers- absolutely no skinwalkers allowed. These aren't customs, and all prizes are CC and completely up to the colorist, anything more than moderate edits will be completely at the colourist's discretion.
4. Free prizes, meaning they count against you for freebie pets in the month of July.
5. When picking a wish, you must be wishing from the perspective of a soquili that you own, however you can be wishing for a prize you intend to give to a friend for RP. With the "Miracle Baby" you must have permission from ALL owners/co-owners of the Soq. Anyone, even if you do not own a soquili, can wish the final category wish, for "A True Friend."
6. When referring to another person's soquili for the Miracle Baby have them post in this special Permissions Thread
7. If your wish is granted, it is your choice to keep your prize, co-own it, or give it away to a friend for more interesting Roleplay possibilities. The point of this contest is to help people push along plots and find RP partners. While not required, if you win a Soq from this event we suggest giving it away to someone you want to RP with.
8. If you are making a "long lost family member" wish - the soquili making the wish must be 1st generation. Otherwise, it implies a breeding of one of the parents or other relatives that is likely owned by someone else and might interfere with their histories/backstories of their soquili.
9. You may edit your post until closing.
10. Both owners may post the same couple. The basket goes to the owner whom it was rolled under, unless they decide to gift or co-own it.

*** With permission from both owners you can post another person's couple, but please only if you intend to keep the basket. Refer to the Reference and Mockbreeding Permissions Thread for your permissions.

~~

::.General FAQ .::
[Will add questions that have been asked with their answers here in case someone gets the same question!]

1. Where do mutations stand in the event, if at all?
A mutant can enter but the prize won't generate a mutant. For example, if Lucario was entered in the rogue parent, the kiddy wouldn't be able to get the chest or leg spikes.

2. Can I enter my same-sex familiar couple in the miracle baby?
Go ahead! (: <3

3. I am curious, will you be offering any familiars in the wishing star? Or just soquili? I have a same-sex familiar couple I'd like to enter in the miracle baby category!
I am fine with same-sex couples being entered in the miracle baby category. (: While a familiar can ask for a true friend, I'd like to ask you to keep the friend to being a pony (though I won't turn you down if you want your familiar to have a familiar friend!)
I unfortunately would like to limit entering & winning familiars to just the miracle baby category and true friend, so no rogue parents or extra gifts!

4. I have my pony entered in one category but my friend wants to enter the same pony in a different category! Can they do this?
Sure. Your pony is just extra needy (;

5. Someone gave me permission to enter their pony in one of the LLFM category, what do I do for the IC response?
IC responses aren't that big of a deal! Since the owner is giving you permission to enter their pony, they should be fine with you doing a small IC response. Oooor you can bug them to type it up for you if you're feeling a bit on the lazy side (;

DeeJaye
Crew

O.G. Hunter

DeeJaye
Crew

O.G. Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:16 am
::.I Wish I May, I Wish I Might.::

Miracle Baby
This wish can be wished by either potential parent of a couple that can not normally have children via normal breeding slots. IE: gay/lesbian couples, species that cannot interbreed (Such as regular/usdia, regular/mer, seathi/usdia), or a couple whom one or both of the parents have already used their 4 breedings IF this couple has not already actually bred before with each other. If your wish is granted, the couple might find a special basket near their home one day. This ”spawn” will follow all the rules of a customed family member, will not count against either parents breeding slots, and will be labeled as a gen 1 as it will not be a -genetic- foal of the couple, but a special gift from the Star. Therefore, it is possible that the breed may even be different than both of the parents, but it is ultimately the discretion of the colorists.
The basket is given to the user who enters this wish. Keep in mind that only one basket will be granted to the person whose wish is granted, although they can co-own or gift it. ***

Edit: Additionally, same-sex familiar couples may enter this too!

[color=crimson][u][b][size=18]A Miracle Foal[/size][/b][/u][/color]

[b]Parent 1:[/b]
[img][/img]
[url=]Uncert[/url]
[b]Parent 2: [/b]
[img][/img]
[url=]Uncert[/url]
[b]Link to at least one RP that indicates them as a couple:[/b] Must be from before this thread was made. For incomplete RPs please make sure they are at least 10 posts or 1000 words long.
[b]Link to approval post of the owner of the other parent:[/b]
[b]What does your soquili leave as an offering for the wishing star?[/b]
[b]Short IC Response: [/b] [i]Tell me a little about your couple. What does you soquili ask/tell the wishing star when he or she comes to ask for a basket?[/i]

An Extra Gift
This wish can be wished by either potential parents or already breeding partners or couples. This ”spawn” will follow all the rules of a customed family member, will not count against either parents breeding slots, and will be labeled as a gen 1 as it will not be a -genetic- foal of the couple, but a special gift from the Star. Therefore, it is possible that the breed may even be different than both of the parents, but it is ultimately the discretion of the colorists.
The basket is given to the user who enters this wish. Keep in mind that only one basket will be granted to the person whose wish is granted, although they can co-own or gift it. ***

[color=dodgerblue][u][b] [size=18]An Extra Gift[/size][/b][/u][/color]
[b]Parent 1:[/b]
[img][/img]
[url=]Uncert[/url]
[b]Parent 2: [/b]
[img][/img]
[url=]Uncert[/url]
[b]Link to Breeding Permission:[/b] (please keep in mind this includes everyone including co-owners)
[b]Lifemates[/b]: Yes or No
[b]Short IC Response: [/b] [i]Tell me a little about your couple. What does you soquili ask/tell the wishing star when he or she comes to ask for a basket?[/i]

Rogue Parent
This wish can be wished by any Soquili. Does your pet want to be a parent so bad but have no one to share the joys of parenthood with? Fear not - this allows them to do just that! The "spawn" from this contain traits of its parents as well as a mystery (NPC) parent.
This must be for a soquili who is already existing/adult. This ”spawn” will follow all the rules of a customed family member, will not count against the parent's breeding slots, and will be labeled as a gen 1 as it will not be a -genetic- foal of the couple, but a special gift from the Star. Therefore, it is possible that the breed may even be different than the parent, but it is ultimately the discretion of the colorists.

[color=hotpink][u][b] [size=18]A Rogue Parent[/size][/b][/u][/color]
[b]Parent:[/b]
[img][/img]
[url=]Uncert[/url]
[b]Link to Breeding Permission:[/b] (please keep in mind this includes everyone including co-owners)

Long Lost Family Member
This wish can be wished by any Soquili. Does your Soquili have family out there somewhere it would like to be reunited with? Wish hard enough, and they may just stumble upon you in the near future!
This must be for a soquili who is already existing/adult, and 1st Gen. No foals are to be given out from this wish.

[color=indigo][u][b] [size=18]My Long Lost Family Member[/size][/b][/u][/color]
[b]Soquili in search of a relative: [/b] [img][/img]
[b]Relation (mother, father, brother, sister, etc): [/b]
[b]Race (first choice): [/b]
[b]Race (2nd choice, must be mini, common or uncommon): [/b]
[b]Short IC Response: [/b] [i] What does you soquili ask/tell the wishing star when he or she comes to ask to find their relative?[/i]

True Friend

Every now and then, it just helps to have a new friend in your life. This wish can be wished by any Soquili, Soquili-less Familiar, or Kawani native (aka, anyone). But if it is a Soquili or a familiar, you must own them.
[size=15][u][color=blue][b]A True Friend[/b][/color][/u][/size]

[b]Who is Wishing?:[/b] (a Soquili, Familiar or Kawani persona) include a link to cert for Soq/Familiar
[b]Tell the wishing star a little about yourself:[/b]
[b]10 Things I Like:[/b]
[b]10 Things I Don’t Like:[/b]
[b]What does your persona or your soquili leave as an offering for the wishing star?[/b]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:18 am
Lists

Miracle Baby
    Page 2
  1. Kamiki
  2. hanging gallow
    Page 3
  3. Bardess Ookami
  4. She-Ra of Etheria
  5. JetAlmeara
  6. Cheyriddle4
    Page 4
  7. SwordOfTheDarkOnes
  8. Tirokio
  9. ATh e a r t
    Page 5
  10. techabyte
    Page 6
  11. Ishtanballa
  12. Cajmera

An Extra Gift
    Page 1
  1. Mewsings of An Angel
  2. Kara Asumie
    Page 3
  3. XxXPandamoniumXxX
  4. CitrusCupcake
    Page 4
  5. junglerunner
  6. -Diamond-Elephant-
  7. Mahogany Sunset
  8. Thalea
    Page 5
  9. Roman Foi
    Page 6
  10. Kettyn
  11. Faithofthefallen
  12. kaliskanny
    Page 7
  13. Kesmi
  14. Bluedemonwolf
    Page8
  15. Ryuukishin
  16. dolphingurl
  17. -[The Spoof]-

Rogue Parent
    Page 1
  1. .Tortured. .Pumpkin.
    Page 2
  2. Devil NightShade
  3. belloblossom
  4. tefla
    Page 3
  5. Kaya Wolf Moon
  6. Wasteland Wyvern
  7. cyhorse
  8. Strawberri Stardust
  9. one over three
    Page 5
  10. mistalina13
  11. -MoomoolatteCha-
  12. Fuzzy-Gumdrop
  13. Summer Raaven
  14. Rhyleigh
    Page 7
  15. AislingJuno
  16. Kirowyn Love
  17. Lita Rutherford
  18. Miss Cherie
  19. pippi18848
  20. Teigra
    Page 8
  21. LunaRei_SilverBlood

Long Lost Family Member
    Page 1
  1. Nisshou H
  2. ArashiX
  3. Tiger_Kisa699
  4. DarkenWoodWolf
    Page 2
  5. Ebonrune
  6. Divena
  7. sesshiyasha
  8. Tsunake
    Page 3
  9. Lady Aria Starstone
    Page 4
  10. The Dawn of Twilight
  11. XBlind-DarknessX
  12. Windy dasher
  13. GrnGriff
    Page 5
  14. LydaLynn
  15. Sabin Duvert
  16. Caitlyn Hellstorm
  17. Painted Moose
  18. Rita Zyon
    Page 6
  19. UniWingdFox
  20. Vistada
  21. Pink Pandah Bear
  22. StarieMichie
  23. White Neko Chan
  24. Ovarian Paint
    Page 7
  25. Tigeria
  26. Laroawan
  27. o-Elixir-o
  28. 3rd and Long
    Page 8
  29. Uta
  30. Astro Zombies`
  31. Master Wild Mage
  32. sbuggy166

True Friend
    Page 1
  1. Fatal Irony
  2. [Eskimo]
    Page 2
  3. mindsend
  4. NovaCracker
  5. Fea Line
  6. Roarie Desu
  7. Chibi Hige
  8. Kyrieko
    Page 3
  9. Calixita
  10. AstoriaFallen
  11. Lestragne
    Page 4
  12. `Swirly
  13. Natelie
  14. Frezir (if rolled, can only be a familiar because has pony freebie for the month)
  15. Aneiron
    Page 5
  16. ~Lady Kanna~
  17. LOLTERNATIVE
  18. stormflower
    Page 6
  19. ProphetOfProfit
  20. RockerWolfie1616
  21. Ririka
  22. musicaloner7
    Page 7
  23. PixelDeerest
  24. RadiantRose Midnight
  25. Niyaru Delacroix
    Page 8
  26. Milady Emerald
  27. Rinial Sisterdragon

DeeJaye
Crew

O.G. Hunter

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:34 am
A True Friend

Who is Wishing?:
User Image

Tell the wishing star a little about yourself: I am Sin, a Prince of a once-great Herd of the Moon, now disgraced and exiled. I have followed my heart to this new land, seeking the forbidden lover that ran away from our herds' shared home. The journey is long and treacherous, and lonely. I miss my old home and my old friends and wish I had thought to ask someone to accompany me instead of going it alone.

((if you want further inspiration ICly Demeira comes from the same herd))
10 Things I Like:
1. Glow effects (particularly eyes)
2. Fluffy/long fetlocks
3. Fluff in general - face, chest, tail, wherever
4. Horns, spikes
5. Paws/Claws (to include raptor claws)
6. Pokemon (duh)
7. Dark colors
8. Stars/Moons/Nebula/Night type themes
9. Wings of all types
10. Mixed breeds and Half Breeds
10 Things I Don’t Like:
1. Aquatic types
2. Minis
3. Neon green
4. Pastels
5. Bald and Super short manes (relatively short is fine and even good, but when it's too close to the scalp it's weird to me)
6. Sun/Sky/Day themes
7. Cerynei
8. Roman nose (if you do a draft)
9. The long braid and long hair templates
10. Crazy small holes (like pumice, for example)
What does your persona or your soquili leave as an offering for the wishing star? He takes the incense burner from his saddle and places it reverently as an offering.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:50 am
A True Friend

Who is Wishing?:
User Image
Tell the wishing star a little about yourself: "I'm not one to go off on a tangent and spout endless sappy drivel," Helsa said, gazing sharply at the star. "But..." she sighed, eyes softening, "I've been flying over this desert for a long time. It's my home. But that's just it--it's only my home. And I guess..." she paused, seeming to glare at her own self before calming down and placing her eyes once more on the wishing star.

"...I'm lonely."

10 Things I Like:

All horse breeds
Natural colors
Animal bones
Navajo blankets
Cherokee jewelry
Huichol art
Feathers
All dog breeds
The desert
Owls

10 Things I Don’t Like:

Spiders
Gore
Zombies
Tentacles
Insects
Baldness
Washed-out colors (i.e. puce)
Kelpis
Kalona demontail
Kalona cat-o-nine tails

What does your persona or your soquili leave as an offering for the wishing star? A single talon that belonged to her deceased mother.  

[Eskimo]
Crew

Anxious Cat

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:24 am
An Extra Gift
Parent 1:
User Image
Uncert
Parent 2:
User Image
Uncert
Link to Breeding Permission: Link
Lifemates: Yes
What does your soquili leave as an offering for the wishing star? A bouquet of flowers and a braid of pink, white and black hair.

Short IC Response:

Yngvarr and Jaela were inseparable - they had been since they met. Their hearts had intertwined in a way that felt so strangely familiar to Yngvarr that he welcomed every moment of it. Hearing rumors of a "wishing star", he told Jaela of it, and his wish for them to start a family. Oh, how he had loved the expression on her face when he spoke of it; shy, doe-like and so like a blushing bride. But she had murmured in that soft voice of hers that she too wished for a family and small ones with him. He remembered crowing then, quite happy as they ventured in search of the Wishing Star's offering hill.

The journey had been one full of hopeful thoughts, as they murmured of a life with children, of starting a family with one another, becoming a mother and father to a new generation - it was a scary and wonderful thought.

Now here they were in front of the offering shrine. His nerves were making him as wiggly as a foal. Next to him stood his lovely heart-of-hearts, a bouquet of sweet-smelling flowers in her mouth, and himself holding a braid of intertwined black, white and pale pink hair. Stepping forward, his heart in his mouth, he laid the offering down and then looked up at the sparkling skies. "Wishing Star, if ye be real... please hear meh plea. Milady and I wish t' start a familee togeth'r. Grant us this boon, give us a wee one to make our hearts whole." He murmured, his deep voice seeming to echo through the dark.
------------

Jaela had never thought she'd ever have a family. She'd never thought she'd have a lifemate, either - but here she was, with her knight by her side, always gentle in all things he did. They were utterly content and absolutely inseparable but some days it felt as though something was missing. Despite how much Jaela loved Yngvarr, there was a small void in her heart that she wondered might be filled by the gift of a child.

A family of her very own.

It made her feel hopeful, and as she stood next to Yngvarr with the small bouquet of flowers clutched gently between her teeth, Jaela allowed hope to flood her chest. Once Yngvarr finished asking for the blessing, Jaela settled the bouquet on the ground, nestling it up close to the plait of hair he'd laid there just moments before.

"We thank you for this chance, Wishing Star," Jaela's voice was a gentle whisper, and before she backed away from their offerings she paused and closed her eyes, exhaling quietly before opening her eyes so that she might offer Yngvarr a smile.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:45 am
My Long Lost Family Member
Soquili in search of a relative: User Image
Relation (mother, father, brother, sister, etc): Sister
Race (first choice): Kirin/uni cross
Race (2nd choice, must be mini, common or uncommon): Unicorn
What does your soquili leave as an offering for the wishing star? A bouquet of white lilies tied together by a cream colored ribbon.
Short IC Response:
Midnight paced back and forth in front of the small altar. Rumors of a mystical wish-granting star had sent her up to the top of this hill with as many lilies as she could comfortably carry in her mouth. Like all the others she had passed by she had come to make a wish, only now she was having second thoughts. Part of the healing process was accepting that there was nothing to be done, that her sister had died that horrible night and that Midnight would have to continue living with her choices.

And yet, Midnight couldn’t shake the feeling that maybe her sister had somehow escaped too. She hadn’t seen one of those skinchanging monsters kill her sister, she hadn’t seen anything. If there was even the slightest chance then Midnight had to take it.

She stopped pacing and set the flowers firmly down on the altar before taking a step back and staring up at the night sky. She guessed that the “bright star” that others talked about was the one that appeared almost directly across from the altar and addressed that one.

“I do not think you can bring back the dead. Neither do I think that you should. But, if by some miracle, my sister Miranda is alive, please, please let me find her safe and sound. I… I still need her.” Midnight’s voice was beginning to crack so she chose to stop speaking. She bowed her head respectfully and turned to leave the hill so that others may have their chance.  

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

ArashiX
Crew

Divine Galaxy

13,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:57 am

Relation: Brother
Race: Angeni-Wind cross
Race: Pure Wind
What does your soquili leave as an offering for the wishing star? A feather from her wing and a similar stone to the one around her neck, as well as her warm company, the whole night through.
Short IC Response: Aleera set the stone gently atop the feather on top of the small hill before turning her eyes to the star. This was her third time beseeching such oddities, but... Something big was coming. Even closer than it had been, before.

"Please... If there is any way, could you guide my brother to me?"

She bowed her head a little in thanks; regardless of if it was her the star deigned send her wishes to, she'd heard the rumours of plenty of others getting their wishes. And that made her happy; even if hers weren't miraculously fulfilled...she could rest easy that someone equally deserving would receive theirs, for they were all deserving of such boons.

The mare coloured like the full harvest moon settled herself to lay upon the knoll, her dual-toned eyes drifting from her gifts, to the star. She would watch until she fell asleep, wondering about what fantastic miracles awaited those wishing upon a star this night.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:57 am
An Extra Gift
Parent 1: Tsumetai | Kara Asumie
User Image
Uncert
Parent 2: Raven | She-Ra of Etheria
User Image
Uncert
Link to Breeding Permission: Here
Lifemates: No
Are Either Ponies Co-Owned? No
If Yes to the Co-Own, Please List Who Is Uneligible? n/a
What does your soquili leave as an offering for the wishing star? Tsumetai leaves a glowing lily that comes from her protected field. These lilies are rare and is said to carry healing abilities if used right. But even if not used for healing they are still useful to guide you in the night.
Short IC Response: "Oh great Wishing Star. I have but one thing to ask." Sighing as she lays the glowing lily down on the offering site. Looking up with a look of a desperate cry on her face. "You see oh great star. I have had a crush on my first love. Never telling him just how I feel. I long for a child between him and I."

Swallowing hard as she closes her eyes. "So that if he is to ever fade from my memory as one I loved, that I will still have a part of him forever with me. Though I know he will forever be my friend. I long for a child still." Thinking to herself as she opens her eyes looking at the night sky. "I know this is selfish of me. But I can't help but long for what is hidden deep in my heart. Please let my words touch you."

Turning her eyes to look at the Glowing Lily on the ground. "Glow brightly. Guide the words I spoke to the star as you vanish from this world and onto the spirits." Bowing as she then takes her leave.

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

Novablu

Eloquent Rogue

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:20 pm

A Miracle Foal

Parent 1: Gypsy Winter
User Image
Uncert
Parent 2: Daleson
User Image
Uncert
Link to at least one RP that indicates them as a couple: Click
Link to approval post of the owner of the other parent: Click
What does your soquili leave as an offering for the wishing star? A beautiful peacock feather, strung on a braid of his hair.
Short IC Response:

How long had it been since he'd found redemption in the form of not one, but two, beautiful souls? The longer time went on, the more he loved them. His Daleson and his Gansey. They were a strange couple--a trio of lovers--but he wouldn't have it any other way. He'd never been the sort to want children--honestly, he was a bit afraid of them, up until the point where he helped his neurotic cousin Nightshade raise his sickly son, Destry. Destry Rose had pulled on the angeni's frosted heartstrings...and although Des was all grown up with a kid of his own, it made Winter yearn for old times.

He wanted to raise a baby. One of his own. And he wanted to raise it with Daleson and Gansey at either side of him. The child would be loved for sure, each of their personalities different and unique. It would be accepted, gay or straight. It would be theirs... And there was only way he could have a child with Daleson...

He'd heard rumors of the great Wishing Star; he'd always laughed it off, but after seeing it work several times for a pack of wolfkin that bordered the trio's territory? Well, maybe he could be a believer. So on that night, Gypsy Winter, with help from Gansey and Dale, braided a strand of his hair, complete with teal beads and a shimmery peacock feather. And with this offering in hand, he went up to the altar and placed it where the star gods would see it.

"I'm not asking for much," he said. "Just a baby to raise and love. I never thought I'd be a father...but I want it now, more than anything. It will always have a family who loves it. Girl or boy, gay or straight... We will raise this star child and call it ours. So please...keep me in mind. Thanks."

And he would remain hopeful.

Voiding my entry because I won one of Zac's star nebula ponies smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:06 pm
Voiding
Because I won a Zac raffle pony

An Extra Gift 
Parent 1:
User Image
Uncert
Parent 2:
User Image
Uncert
Link to Breeding Permission: I own both
Lifemates: No
What does your soquili leave as an offering for the wishing star?It was a silly thing, Ro knew, but still, perhaps the stories were true. With that in mind, she gathered up a few treasures to take with her to the altar of the wishing star - part of Bryn's tattered cloak which held one of her cherished ribbons, a few of his crossbow bolts that were broken, a small braid of blond and brown mane, and a few dried flowers... bits and pieces of them, and their story. Things that represented treasured memories. Precious treasures, but perhaps by giving them up, she and Bryn might recieve something even more precious.
Short IC Response: Ro had heard of the wishing star, and knew that it granted wishes. And in her heart, she knew she wanted a family. A family with the one she loved. A second chance to do things right. She would be a good mother this time. And Bryn, though he had so much fear – fear of himself, fear that he was a monster – he would be a good father. He loved her – fiercely -and he would love any children they had even more so. Because they would be family, they would share his blood.

“Bryn is... he is the love of my life. For him, I want to change. I want to stay by his side. To be there for him, and to soothe away his hurts, to chase away his demons. To heal all the damage the world has done to him. So he can be happy and learn to smile. I want everything for him. I think a family, a child of his own to love, to be there for from the beginning... I think that would be a good start. Please star, I ask this not for me, but for him.”
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Unbeknownst to the happy-go-lucky mare, the same stallion she was making the wish for was making a similar wish.

Looking up at the night sky, Bryn noticed a star that seemed to shine brighter than the rest. He had heard whispers of a star that could grant wishes. Perhaps this was it. He thought about it. If a star actually could grant wishes, what would he want? There were many things in his life that had hurt, had gone wrong, that if there was any possible way for them to not have happened... well, there wasn't much he wouldn't have given.

But there was no way to change the past, and without his past, he wouldn't be where he was today. He wouldn't have the mare who held his shriveled heart in her delicate hooves. And he wouldn't have the miracle stallion he claimed as son. He wouldn't be as … well, not happy, because happiness wasn't a state he found, but perhaps he could call his feelings contentment. Because he was. Content. But, if Ro would agree to finally stay with him... If they could have a family, he thought it might be possible for him to learn to be happy.

' I don't really believe in wishes. Wishes are for dreamers and fools. And I am neither. But, if it is true that you can grant wishes, it is my hope to one day have a family with the one I love. And right now, the one thing I want as much as her, is a foal. My own child to love and to raise. '

He snorted, and turned his head away from the sky, sinking further into the shadows where he was most comfortable. 'I'm being foolish. There's no way a star can grant wishes. And even if it could, there are so many out there who, I'm sure, are making wishes for themselves. Why would a star listen to a monster like me. '

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

Tiger_Kisa699

Merry Unicorn

13,775 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:33 pm
Relation (mother, father, brother, sister, etc): Mother
Race (first choice): Cerynei
Race (2nd choice, must be mini, common or uncommon): flutter
What does your soquili leave as an offering for the wishing star? A braided heart of grass with forget-me-not flowers placed in it.
Short IC Response: Dia had been longing for a family for so long, been wanting someone in her life that wasn't just her herd. She loved them all, she loved every one in her herd but she wanted to know her family. She had been a basket left all alone and found by the nice Aether, even if he wasn't her daddy and had been away from him and his herd for a long while and she had joined her own herd she wanted to know her family. Working with one of her squirrel friends from the forest she had them help her braid together a nice little heart from sweet grass and then she placed forget-me-not flowers into the braided grass.

Carrying it out to the hill she placed it on the ground and looked up to see the wishing star go past. "Dear Wishing star. I want to know my family. Please if my mother is out there i want to know her and meet her. To know where i came from and why mother left me all alone." She said as she closed her eyes and wished with all her heart that the beautiful star would find her mother.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:03 pm
Relation: Brother
Race: Ulun'suti
Race: Unicorn
What does your soquili leave as an offering for the wishing star? A large stone that glows when exposed to sunlight for any length of time. Though it's glow it dim in the daylight, once the sun goes down, it retains the light for a time, shining softly green to mimic the stars
Short IC Response: There were many ways to wish for things. He had spent his time wishing for the sun to guide him to his long lost family. But he shown with the light of the stars, pure and white, so he should have known better than to hope for the sun to show him where his brother was hidden away. Raito should have approached the stars a long time ago. Bowing, knees to the ground, muzzle brushing the grass, he sent up a prayer.

"Please, stars who light I share, guide me to my brother, who has been lost for so long. Show me the darkness in which he hides so that I may find him and bring him back into the light. Please, this is my only wish, to be reunited with him, my only family."

DarkenWoodWolf

Antagonistic Strategist

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

Backwoods Garbage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:12 pm
A Rogue Parent
Parent: Midori
User Image
Uncert
Link to Breeding Permission: Just me~
What does your soquili leave as an offering for the wishing star? The baskets of all of the children she's adopted or raised. (she's... A bit of a hoarder. I'm thinking she deeeefinitely had assistance. XD )
Short IC Response: Tell me a little about your couple. What does you soquili ask/tell the wishing star when he or she comes to ask for a basket?
Midori stood away from the altar, surrounded by empty reminders of her past. The baskets, which had once contained precious lives, lay motionless, many covered in dust, their once brilliant colors a faded version of what they used to be. The mare sighed. "I know that it's silly. To have kept them all, all this time... They used to bring me joy. They used to remind me of the amazing children who all needed me to guide them at some point. Now that they've all gone, though, the fond memories have turned into longing. I wish to be needed again." She frowned lightly and looked all of the baskets over. "While it pains me to let them all go, I truly believe that it could be worth it." She looked to the star. "I don't know if you're of the spirits, or of magic, or if you could maybe be a god, but I beg you. Please bless me with a child. Fill my heart with love and wonder. This old lady needs to feel young again." Reluctantly, she bowed to the star, looking at all of the baskets. She hesitated before leaving, tempted to take several back home with her, but she thought better of it. Surely she wouldn't want to upset the powers behind the wish granting.  
Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff