Reply Archived
RP Subforum Information (update9/05/14)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Soquili

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:33 pm
This forum is for In Character [IC] Canon Roleplay [RP] between your Soquili and others. Only Soquili that already exist or have WIPs from obtained customs may be roleplayed in this forum.

If your RP is private, use:
[PRP] Thread Title Goes Here

If your RP is open (free for anyone to come and join), use:
[ORP] Thread Title Goes Here

If your RP is familiars only and private, use:
[F-PRP] Thread Title Goes Here

If your RP is familiars only and open, use:
[F-ORP] Thread Title Goes Here

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:37 pm
As new Soquili come into existence and more active shop-goers begin to roleplay in the subforums, I'd like to present a few guidelines to follow and remember as roleplays are created and participated in.

As of late, it's been brought to my attention that although the PG-13 rating has been kept somewhat within its bounds, sexual acts are being implied/performed in roleplays. While we don't want to limit people's freedom when it comes to writing, such roleplays do not belong in this subforum, and should stay in off-site IMs/e-mail, should it be roleplayed at all.

A few points touching this subject are:

Incest between Soquili outside of cousins is not permitted
Not implied, not in the past, not unknowingly, not at all. No pairings between Soquili who share any blood or adoptive bond outside of cousins are permitted.

Rape is an absolute no
Not overtly, not implied, not in roleplay - non-consensual pairings are not allowed.

The act of intercourse is prohibited
As well as any mention or hints towards leading up to the act, or the after effects. Of course we know that your ponies did the deed to make babies, but we don't need the details!

All RP's will abide by the PG-13 limit
If your RP over PMs contains sexual activity but wish to post it in this forum for stats purposes, you must edit out all content that is over PG-13.

Should anyone have any issues or questions, feel free to PM Mx Cherie or the Soquili account. Should any of the staff find out that roleplays of these kinds are continuing on from this point, they shall be dealt the necessary consequences, including the potential of losing the right to RP in the subforum altogether, or even greylisting from the shop. We take this subject seriously, and appreciate your cooperation with our request.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:39 pm
UPDATE: In order to get stats for an RP, the Soquili's name and owner's name must be in the FIRST POST. Please include their full name too, as I can't always figure out which nicknames go to which Soquili. This is easily done by posting the certs of the soquili.

Alternatively you may post the cert of soquili in that soquili's first post so long as the name and owner's name is on the cert.

In the case of a logged RP from other places gaia usernames must also be listed along with the RPer's soquili's name.
Example: Billy Bob - Played by Immaponi OR Billy Bob (Immaponi)
This must also be placed in the first post and is still easily done using the soquili's cert.

If you do not do one of these things you will not get stats.

Some examples of approved styles:
Full Coverage First Post - Includes full usernames, full Soquili names, ownership indication of each soquili, and soquili certs.

Each Posts Cert - Each owner posts the cert of their own soquili in the first post they make.

Linked Certs - In the first post the name of each soquili is posted and the names link to their cert. ((In addition this RP features the owners posting the cert in their first RP post.))

RP Log - In the first post all certs of the soquili involved are posted. It is made clear which owner is currently posting within the log.
((Effective starting 07/14/2013 8:30 PM MST))

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:59 pm
PG-13 Guide
This is for all you RPers out there. Keep all your RPs within these guidelines.

No extreme violence.
Do not include things like unbearable torture or unnecessarily brutal actions. You may use this sort of violence in back stories or as plot devices but please do not include it in RPs.

No excessive gore.
This is not Silent Hill. No one wants to know exactly how that cursed skinwalker obtained their new pelts or anything of the sort.
No drug use.
This is fairly self explanatory. As with violence you may use drugs as a plot device. Please leave the actual drug use out of the RPs though. Fermented fruit does not count in this however, but use in moderation.

No sex.
This includes but is not limited to the act itself and overly lewd jokes or comments. Use common sense and follow Mouselet's guide above.  

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:19 am
Stats FAQ

Q:Why do I want stats?
A: Stats get you lots of little perks - from discounts on familiars and items for RPed Soquili to a higher chance for a third basket to a chance at Elderhood.

Q: I really want to do a self-RP...can I get stats for that?
A: Yes, you can. You will get stats if your self-RP meets the minimum requirements.

Q: I RPed over AIM/via PM...can I get stats for that?
A: As long as it's posted in this forum, meets the minimum requirements, and I know who owns and is playing which soquili.

Q: How can I get my stats to increase?
A: Stats may be awarded through games in the future, but the easiest way is to roleplay. A Soquili that meets the minimum requirements during a single month will get a 10% increase to all their stats.

Q: What if I have a Soquili, but s/he isn't certed yet? Can I still RP them?
A: Yes!

Q: When will my stats be updated?
A: Starting August 2014 stats will be updated throughout the month when you post proof for them in the proper threads. It may take a few weeks to see them added or it could take a few minutes. It all depends on when stat staff get to your post.

Q: Alright. I started an RP with my Soquili, Bob... Why didn't my Soquili, Ed, get 10% added to his stats too?
A: Stats will be granted to each Soquili that is played during the specific month. If you have two Soquili and you only play one of them, only the one that was played will be awarded the stats. If you play both? Then both will!

Q: Yay! My Soquili's stats are all maxed out at 100%! This means s/he is an Elder, right???
A: Not quite, as of March 1, 2007 100% in all six stats means that your Soquili has the potential to attempt becoming an Elder... But not all attempts are successful. More information will be coming on that soon though! I've heard that there will be a council deciding things such as this.

Q: Wait! Why doesn't my Soquili have stats?
A: Your Soquili must be in your teepee in order to have stats. To roll stats for your Soquili and try to get a bit ahead, go to this thread and include them in the PM when you have your Soquili added to your teepee. After that your stats will be added to your teepee and updated monthly.

Q: Teepee? What's that and why would I want one of those?
A: A teepee is a place where you can keep track of all your Soquili and their adventures. Once you've rolled stats for your Soquili they will be placed in your teepee. Links to role play and role play logs can also be kept there (Example). Just go here to find out about getting one of your very own!

Q: My Soquili has just been added to my teepee, will they get their stats from earlier months?
A: Yes, to a point. Periodically Phail Ninja will go back over the old lists to check for soquili that missed their stats at the end of the month. However she will only go back three months from the current month. If it is currently January then she will only go back until October. If it is February then she will only go back to November. Etc.

Q: My Soquili's co-owner RPed them this month, but why didn't the stats in my teepee go up?
A: Stats go to the person who RPs.

Q: I RPed my Soquili this month, but the stats are only in my co-owner's teepee...why didn't they go up?
A: Stats go to the person who RPs. If the stats aren't in that teepee, too bad.

Q: I RPed my Soquili and I have a link to the co-owner's teepee with the stats...why didn't they go up?
A: Stats go to the person who RPs. If the stats aren't in your teepee, they won't go up.

Q: I RPed my soquili and they are in my teepee with rolled stats. Why weren't my stats updated at the end of the month?
A: There are a few possibilities for why this happened.
1) You didn't post for stats. Check this subforum for the Stat RP Log for the month in question. Post your forms to get stats there.
2) You didn't meet the minimum monthly requirements. Even if you post if you don't meet the requirements you won't get stats.
3) Your soquili wasn't in your teepee when your post was reached. You've been added to the back stat list and will have stats added at a later point.
4) If none of these apply please PM Phail Ninja.

Q: What exactly are these magic minimum monthly requirements?
A: To save everyone some grief I'll just list them:
-At least two responses in one RP ((not one response in two or three RPs))
-The total of the responses must equal at least 250 words.
-These responses must occur in the RP during the same month by MST ((if it's for January stats posts must have occurred in January to be applicable))

Q: What if I don't have enough time in a month to do more than one post in an RP?
A: As of May 2012 you may also obtain stats with only one post if that post meets or exceeds 450 words in length.

Q: What if I have a question that's not on here?
A: These are just the frequently asked questions. PM Phail Ninja with further questions about stats and earning them. PM Mx Cherie with further questions about RP. Chances are we'll add the answers to this post.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:37 am
Update: With the arrival of familiar breedings and the expectation that more familiar only RPs are going to pop up I would like to introduce a new header system. This will let your stat manager save time by alerting them that there is nothing in here that needs starts. ((Familiars do not get stats.))

The familiar headers are just like the regular ones but with "F-" preceding it.
If your RP is familiars only and private, use:
[F-PRP] Thread Title Goes Here

If your RP is familiars only and open, use:
[F-ORP] Thread Title Goes Here

This is not mandatory but it will make my life much easier and I will love the people who use it.

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

Archived

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces