Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Teepees
Teepee Stat Rolling Thread= NO DELETING POSTS (update4/22) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 1036 1037 1038 1039 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

soquili~teepees
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:29 am
Teepee Stat Rolling Thread

Welcome to the thread, this is where you come to roll the stats for your new pet so that they can be added to your teepee. This applies to all those seeking to get a new teepee as well as those who find themselves with a new arrival or a freshly hatched foal.

wahmbulance Don't have a teepee yet? Please read THIS thread to find out how to get one.

wahmbulance Post the results in THIS THREAD. Don't try to cheat because I check the guild logs.

wahmbulance DO NOT DELETE POSTS. DO NOT ROLL STATS FOR BASKETS. Only foals and adults will be added to teepees.

wahmbulance Having issues rolling your stat's in the guild? You may use this Temporary Stat Rolling thread.

There are now THREE different ways to roll stats for your soquili. Pick ONE. It is up to you which one you use, and you may use a different way for each soquili; however once you start one method you must continue with it for the soquili in question.

arrow wahmbulance NEW! 10th March 2019 - Owners of a co-owned soquili where both owners have RP and teepee rights must roll separate stats for each owners teepee. Each owner must post their own request with proof of stat rolls and co-ownership.

arrow wahmbulance NEW! 20th Feb 2013 - You can now assign stats where you want. So, if you roll a 6 first you may assign it to any of the catagories and not just strength as we did in the past... etc.

arrow wahmbulance NEW! 22nd April 2014 - You now have a third option that allows for a flat 4% across all of your stats and requires no rolling.

ADDITIONALLY: YOU NO LONGER PM THIS MULE to get your stats or teepee's. you now post the form in the Stat and Teepee Update thread

Option one
This is the method we have used for years. The stat rolling is similar to Maple Story (an online RPG).

Generate a random number between 4 and 12. The number generated is your stat. You must do this for each stat (6 in total).

Record the order of your rolls in the appropriate section then assign the stats at the end (or as you go too). You may only use rolled stats ONCE. No deleting posts.

Advantage:
  • More likely to get slightly higher starting stats.
    Disadvantage:
  • Takes longer to roll stats. No guarantee of higher stats even with the time taken.

Option two
This is our new option for rolling stats.

Roll six 12-sided dice.
1-4 = 4%
5 = 5%
6 = 6%
7 = 7%
etc....

You may assign these stats in any order you wish. Below is an example that is simply ordered the same way that you roll them. Remember, anything below a 4 becomes a 4. No deleting posts.

For example: You roll 7, 8, 2, 7, 12, 9
Strength: 7%
Courage: 8%
Speed: 4% (You rolled a 2, but anything below 4 becomes 4)
Intelligence: 7%
Luck: 12%
Stamina: 9%

Advantage:
  • Quick method of rolling. Gives you all six stats in one go, leaving you with more time to do other things... like RP!
    Disadvantage:
  • More likely to get slightly lower starting stats.

Option three
NEW: Do Not Roll at all and get a flat 4% across the board

For example:
Strength: 4%
Courage: 4%
Speed: 4%
Intelligence: 4%
Luck: 4%
Stamina: 4%

All you have to do is fill out the form with all the soquili's information and state "Option three" in the Rolling Option Slot.

Advantage:
  • The fastest method. Also good for those with OCD.
    Disadvantage:
  • Lowest possible stats is the default for every single stat

Assigning stats where you want
We can now assign stats that you roll where you want.

For example: You roll 7, 8, 5, 7, 12, 9
You decide that you want a super fast runner (yay for winning races?!) then you can start by assigning your highest stat there.

Strength: 8%
Courage: 7%
Speed: 12%
Intelligence: 5%
Luck: 7%
Stamina: 9%

Or if you wanted to have a more intelligent soquili you could start them as follows:

Strength: 7%
Courage: 8%
Speed: 5%
Intelligence: 12%
Luck: 9%
Stamina: 7%

Whatever you decide you may only use each of your rolled numbers ONCE!

wahmbulance When rolling, no matter which method you use, please use the form below. Post the form with the additional information in the Teepee and Stat Update Thread. This will allow your new stats to be checked and added to your teepee, or for your new teepee to be created.
Stat Rolling!
[b]Name and url of certed pet:[/b]
[b]url of teepee:[/b]
[b]rolling option:[/b]
[b]order numbers rolled:[/b] (list the order you rolled your numbers here - you may assign them to any category you wish, but only use them once)
[b]link to rolls in stat thread:[/b]
Strength: %
Courage: %
Speed: %
Intelligence: %
Luck: %
Stamina: %

Scales.
4-6: below average
7-9: average
10-12: above average

wahmbulance If you don't roll stats your soquili can not be added to your teepee.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:30 am
FAQ

Do I have to have a teepee to get stats?
You need to either have a teepee or be about to ask for one, since new teepee requests need these stats to be created.
For information on getting a teepee:: How to get a Teepee

I made a mistake and rolled the wrong thing (or forgot to roll), do I delete the mistake post and continue?
NO! Do not delete any posts, mistakes or not. If you make a mistake just ignore it and continue as if nothing happened, it will be obvious to me what has happened so you will not get penalized for it. Deleting posts however is against the rules, so please do not delete your posts under any circumstances. Thanks.

Can I roll the stats for someone else's soquili?
No. Sorry guys.

Oops! I made a mistake and used the wrong dice/generator. What do I do?
Don't panic. It's ok if you made a mistake just make a note of it and do not take any values from that post. Continue with your next post as if nothing had happened. Do NOT under any circumstances delete your posts, even if it is because you made a mistake. Human error happens but deleting is not acceptable.

Someone else is already rolling.... do I wait for them to stop?
No you don't need to, simply use a different colour so you do not confuse your posts or something and you're all set to go.

Can I edit a post and update the stats and stuff I just rolled? Or do I need to post a new post with them in?
Either is fine. It is completely up to you. As long as no posts are deleted editing is fine, since editing will not change or effect the dice roll/number generator.

I rolled 5, 6, 2, 5,10, 8 do I need to assign these in order?
Nope, you may assign these however you wish, so if you wanted your pet to be strong or intelligent you would assign your highest stat to them and then continue from there.

Why would I want to be able to assign my stats?
This simply allows you to make your pet more like the personality you have planned for them, this is particularly useful in custom pets where you have an idea of what their personality and story will start as.

Do I have to assign the stats differently or can I just do it in the order I rolled them?
It is completely up to you. You may roll them and assign in that order, or mix the order up. As long as you only use the numbers you actually rolled (and only once per number) it really doesn't matter how you assign them. Just have fun!

I have to leave..can I just pick up later from my rolling?
That's fine.. just do not PM an incomplete stat rolling form..only send it when all the stats are filled in. Links to both of the places you rolled stats is needed, a comment that you have done it in two halves would also be helpful. If you know you have to leave soon it might be better to use 'Option two' for generating your soquili's stats.

(insert cuss word here)!!!!111 scream gonk my soquili's stats are ALL low does this mean they are doomed for failure?
Nope...they just don't have as good a start as another soquili might. Think of the story "Tortoise and the Hare". Once your soquili is added to your teepee you could always try to use the Monthly bonus stat question to try and improve them slowly and steady along side your RPing.

When do you increase the stats?
Once a month at the beginning of the month.

I had a soquili added to my teepee before the rule about needing stats, will they get stats if I RP? Or do I need to roll them stats first?
You may roll stats to give them starting stats despite them already being added to your teepee.

PM further questions to soquili~teepees (remember to post form HERE so the teepee manager knows to check the mule.  

soquili~teepees
Crew

soquili~teepees generated a random number between 4 and 12 ... 11!

soquili~teepees
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:33 am
First I will demonstrate how to roll stats using "Option one".
My first roll will determine my soquili's starting 'strength'.

Stat Rolling!
Name and url of certed pet: Mule
url of teepee: N/A
rolling option: One
link to rolls in stat thread:
soquili~teepees generated a random number between 4 and 12 ... 7!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:34 am
11! Wow, my soquili will have a lot of strength.
My second roll tell's me how much courage my soquili will have.

Stat Rolling!
link to rolls in stat thread: [Starting Roll]
Strength: 11%

soquili~teepees
Crew

soquili~teepees generated a random number between 4 and 12 ... 5!

soquili~teepees
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:38 am
7, average courage... not everyone is born brave!
Next roll is for Speed.

Stat Rolling!
soquili~teepees generated a random number between 4 and 12 ... 4!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:41 am
5... it seems my soquili won't be winning any races any time soon. But you know what they say... slow and steady wins the race.
Next up we have a roll for intelligence.

Stat Rolling!

soquili~teepees
Crew

soquili~teepees generated a random number between 4 and 12 ... 8!

soquili~teepees
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:45 am
A 4. Seems my soquili will have a hard time remembering and learning new things.
Next is a roll for Luck. Come on Lady Luck!

Stat Rolling!
soquili~teepees generated a random number between 4 and 12 ... 11!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:46 am
Average luck with a score of 8. But hey, it could have been worst!
A finally roll for Stamina.

Stat Rolling!
Luck: 8%

soquili~teepees
Crew

soquili~teepees
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:48 am
A fantastic 11 for stamina.
These are the final stats using Option One.
Now that you have got to this point, if you don't have any more soquili to roll stats for you can send your request to the mule for an update!

Final Stats!
Luck: 8%
Stamina: 11%  
soquili~teepees rolled 6 12-sided dice: 4, 6, 6, 7, 3, 3 Total: 29 (6-72)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:51 am
Secondly I will demonstrate how to roll stats using "Option two".

Stat Rolling!
Name and url of certed pet: Mule Jr.
rolling option: Two
link to rolls in stat thread:

soquili~teepees
Crew

soquili~teepees
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:53 am
Here are my final stats using Option two. See how quick that was?
Remember, anything below 4 becomes a 4. So in this case both of the 3's are read as 4's.
Again, now that you have got to this point you may PM your request to the mule unless you have more soquili to roll for.

Final Stats!
Name and url of certed pet: Mule Jr.
rolling option: Two
link to rolls in stat thread: [Dice Roll]
Strength: 4%
Courage: 6%
Speed: 6%
Intelligence: 7%
Luck: 4%
Stamina: 4%  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:40 am