Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you like the new idea? (Chapter 2 Restart)

Sounds like fun! 0.34358974358974 34.4% [ 134 ]
Interesting... 0.27692307692308 27.7% [ 108 ]
I'm indifferent. 0.11282051282051 11.3% [ 44 ]
How could you even think of that?! 0.1 10.0% [ 39 ]
Obligatory Pollwhore Option. 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 65 ]
Total Votes:[ 390 ]
< 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 65 66 67 > >>

Blessed Visionary

10,325 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
(just got my a** handed to me by KKD as cl 3)

I see what you mean now rofl

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Jikoniau
I really like all your ideas! I don't currently have anything to add to them, they're good ideas though 3nodding

Valheita
Yeah, and it allows those users who can't form strategies for whatever reasons to overlevel and come back to it.

Maybe I should clarify that post a little?

I think all it needs is an example, so like you could say something like:
'For example: If you're CL 8 and you want a crew then you could enter the area with someone as low as CL 7, but no lower, and as high as CL 9, but no higher.'

As it currently is it can be understood but it'd be more clear with an example.
Yes... I'll add some examples to clarify...

Glad you like them though.

Pegasid
Regarding the deep sea village, I agree with someone's feedback that the SS should be cleared first before allowing the use of the null in the deep sea village. Actually I think the switches should be flipped before you can use the null.

It does take away from your idea as it will only make the trip back after awakening quicker. But I think the trip through the SS/UL/compound is a good way to see what kind of crew you have. If the crew can't beat Loralei or the sub-commander or has trouble clearing the regular animated, then you probably don't want to do EB with them unless you're looking for endless frustration.

A crew that works together well enough to do the EB should get into the compound fairly quickly so a shortcut there shouldn't make much of a difference. A crew that takes hours to get into the compound isn't ready for EB in my opinion. They need more practice/experience before trying.

Also, depending on how close this null is to the EB, we can have crews that can't even make it past the sea sprouts making it into the EB room then complaining that the EB is impossible. I guess the switches still have to be cleared so that should filter out some of the bad ones.
I hadn't thought of the SS as a testing zone for EB crews.

I'm going to disagree with the bolded statement though. Just because your crew takes their time, doesn't necessarily mean that they're not ready. I mean, -I- take hours to get to Sealab (well, about an hour and a half, when I can pull it off)

The null chamber would be outside Sealab, but after the Robofish. So... on the screen after the end of the Robofish tunnel.

Also, if they can't make it to the Sea Spouts, then unless they were in a better crew, they won't get to the Deep Sea Village to attune to the Null Crystal. You -do- have to complete Shallow Seas once to get there and attune to it.

elffromspace
User Image

Niiice! Did the proposed changes to the miniboss encounters come in part from my suggestions? I can't remember if I made comments along those lines here. I don't know if I would completely remove the scaling, if it were up to me, or just reduce the scaling.

And I forgot to check in and see what you thought of my ideas about making the minibosses help train players more. Maybe even having the NPCs or something around miniboss fight suggest that people learn to use different types of rings.

Gnome General teaches you to use a crew.
OMGWTF teaches you about managing health and stamina
Kat's teaches you to use CC
She-wolf teaches about willpower to make CC work
Duneslam teaches about using other buffs.

On the deep sea village: People saying that putting a null in the sea makes it too easy are being petty! TIME CONSUMING =/= HARD!!! A null in the sea does not keep people from having to go through all that sea. Having to run back through 5-15 minutes of sea, just to get back into the battle is not HARD, it's tedious. Removing the sea null from use during an EB battle would remove at least 75% of the whole purpose in my opinion. When I'm farming I want to start at the beginning. it's only when I'm trying to help with EB that I hate the run back.
They might of. Honestly, I can't remember which ideas came from where or who inspired them these days.

But, regarding your ideas on having the minibosses teach you about various rings, I recall disagreeing. CC rings for example, are not very helpful rings now so spending two bosses on it would be.. a waste.

There's also the fact that not every player -needs- to use different kinds of rings. With the right strategy, and intelligent playing, you can survive without CC and long-term defensive buffs. And it's not fair on them to force them to play "your way", if you will.

Also, regarding your point about the running back through the sea... I believe Lorelei and Sub-Commander are supposed to respawn now, so a lone person won't be able to make it back through the seas.

Also also, fixed >.<;;

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
EmperorZensekai

Whenever I see people say they're easy, I want to slap them.

Even I struggle with them D:
Valheita
EmperorZensekai

Too easy! *slap noise in the background* With a smart crew. The only reason that it's not is if you're alone or with an incompetent crew. [Or bad strategy.] But sadly, that's over 90% of the time. So I guess they should make the bosses easier (because we all know making noobs smarter is almost impossible). Aha.. I tried it alone, and failed. With iron will, meat, turtle, duct, scaredy, divinity, all at 4.1, and full g'hi. Sad. biggrin (other rings being GGG and shuriken.)

Also, I would like to suggest they do something about the power ups. They're all soul bound now, but you can buy them in those neat bundles. But seriously? Bundles that could only be obtainable through cash? They should really make it more droppable because they obviously took it off from regular bosses, i.e. KKD, shewolf. Because I really don't want to resort using cash again. But I'm really not sure what to suggest really, because it seems that they're extremely bent on making it a cash only item only obtainable through a supposed loop hole (the boxes.)...

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Malignant Virus
Too easy! *slap noise in the background* With a smart crew. The only reason that it's not is if you're alone or with an incompetent crew. [Or bad strategy.] But sadly, that's over 90% of the time. So I guess they should make the bosses easier (because we all know making noobs smarter is almost impossible). Aha.. I tried it alone, and failed. With iron will, meat, turtle, duct, scaredy, divinity, all at 4.1, and full g'hi. Sad. biggrin (other rings being GGG and shuriken.)

Also, I would like to suggest they do something about the power ups. They're all soul bound now, but you can buy them in those neat bundles. But seriously? Bundles that could only be obtainable through cash? They should really make it more droppable because they obviously took it off from regular bosses, i.e. KKD, shewolf. Because I really don't want to resort using cash again. But I'm really not sure what to suggest really, because it seems that they're extremely bent on making it a cash only item only obtainable through a supposed loop hole (the boxes.)...
Yeah, I'm doing it alone.. and without superchargers/polishers D:

Well... the idea behind the soulbinding was to make people buy cash. zOMG! isn't very profitiable at the moment, after all.
Valheita
Malignant Virus

Yeah, I'm doing it alone.. and without superchargers/polishers D:

Well... the idea behind the soulbinding was to make people buy cash. zOMG! isn't very profitiable at the moment, after all.

And yeah, if you're a solo-er, power ups and polishers are 99% chance necessary. x-x
I even tried solo-ing shewolf and failed. 3 times. Then I tried it with a dude in the forums who needed help [that makes TWO people! biggrin ] and failed. Around 10 times. Me changing from a TANK, to a BUFFER, to a HEALER, to a CC-ER, etc. etc. And failed.
Turns out, I did shewolf with a crew of three (excluding me) with all three of them being afk.
The only way I survived was with turtle meat and bandage. And 20 minutes of running around in a circle. Trying to survive. And it worked.

In total: Bosses are TOO grueling. (Damn you shewolf farmers...!)

[and] Haha, they just need better merchandise. I wouldn't mind buying three pairs of OMGWTF boxers ;D (as said in a recent suggestion!) That would be MUCH much better than taking out powerups.

Blessed Visionary

10,325 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Valheita
EmperorZensekai

only stone coatl is easy now @_@ the rest are nuts....

I almost wonder if people are saying the old version of the bosses are the easy ones XD....

I can barely kill KKD 1/4 of the way before dying rofl

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
EmperorZensekai
Valheita
EmperorZensekai

I almost wonder if people are saying the old version of the bosses are the easy ones XD....

I got pretty close to taking out Papa Saw... then died because of a tiny mistake.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Malignant Virus
And yeah, if you're a solo-er, power ups and polishers are 99% chance necessary. x-x
I even tried solo-ing shewolf and failed. 3 times. Then I tried it with a dude in the forums who needed help [that makes TWO people! biggrin ] and failed. Around 10 times. Me changing from a TANK, to a BUFFER, to a HEALER, to a CC-ER, etc. etc. And failed.
Turns out, I did shewolf with a crew of three (excluding me) with all three of them being afk.
The only way I survived was with turtle meat and bandage. And 20 minutes of running around in a circle. Trying to survive. And it worked.

In total: Bosses are TOO grueling. (Damn you shewolf farmers...!)

[and] Haha, they just need better merchandise. I wouldn't mind buying three pairs of OMGWTF boxers ;D (as said in a recent suggestion!) That would be MUCH much better than taking out powerups.
They're not essential, it just takes a lot more work to find a build that'll let you take them out without one. Work which a new player really shouldn't have to endure IMO. Especially if it's just a casual MMO.

And yes, better merchandise would be better than just forcing people to buy power ups *shrugs*

(Sorry I took so long to reply, I didn't see that you'd responded ; wink

Blessed Visionary

10,325 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Valheita
EmperorZensekai
Valheita
EmperorZensekai

I got pretty close to taking out Papa Saw... then died because of a tiny mistake.

lol what did you do?
KKD seems to summon bad lag everytime xD

Distinct Warlord

Subscribing to long read later.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
EmperorZensekai
Valheita
EmperorZensekai
Valheita
EmperorZensekai

lol what did you do?
KKD seems to summon bad lag everytime xD
I was doing the sit-stand method to regain stamina, but I waited about a second too long to stand, and Papa Saw caught me kneeling D:

Blessed Visionary

10,325 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
lmfao xD I hate when that happens...

I'll stick to stone Coatl, he's easier @_@

I can't wait for this zOMG minievent

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
EmperorZensekai
lmfao xD I hate when that happens...

I'll stick to stone Coatl, he's easier @_@

I can't wait for this zOMG minievent
You'll have to tell me how much fun they are. I'll not likely see one. D:

Curse my Shallow Sea addiction... Actually, I might do better if I got to full C.L. 10.0 before trying to perfect my build >.<;;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff