Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Codger

And now: THE WINNERS (announced in next post).

EDIT: Considering the few people who have found this competition a bit too late, I am willing to give some extension on the deadline. This can be discussed on an individual basis if you feel the need for a couple of extra days. As of now, I don't see any reason to postpone the judgement date--if I do, I shall edit this post again.

Greetings, all! Here's the scoop:

On a whim, I decided to search for Maito Gai x Haruno Sakura fanfiction on ff.net.

And y'know what?

IT'S AMAZING. I'm totally in love with this pairing, now, and I want MORE.

So. I have a proposition for those of you, my fellow Gaians, who write fanfiction.

I want a oneshot OR 1st chapter of a multi-chapter fanfiction, by Thursday, July 30th that primarily involves these characters.

THE PRIZE:

-10,000 gold and a piece of fanart to the first place winner, and

-1,000 gold for each of 2 runners-up.

...which will officially spend all of my gold. surprised Totally worth it.

RULES:

-Must contain NO smut. I don't mind adult situations, etc., but a full-blown lemon is too much.

-Angst is acceptable, but it must, in the end, be CATHARTIC. What do I mean by that? Basically, I do not want to be left miserable after reading it. I want to be able to muster a tearful smile and think, 'It's all going to be okay'. smile

-SPELLING COUNTS. That means capitalization, punctuation, and grammar. One or two mistakes is understandable, but if you don't bother to spell out the words 'you' or 'and', you'll be disqualified.

-Please submit it to me at my e-mail, bellemeresan@aol.com, in Word Document format, by 10:00 PM ET on 7/30/09.

-Must be at least 1,000 words, and if it's a multi-chapter fic, you'll get your winnings in 3 portions--one for each chapter (though you aren't limited to 3).

Entries will be judged by the following Thursday.

Let me know if you'd like to take me up on my little contest by posting, where I shall put you on the list.

Thanks, all, for lending some love to this fandom with the gift of fanfiction.
heart

Blessed Codger

WINNERS:

1st place: winning 10k and a piece of fanart, The Real SilverMyst, for her fic, What Makes a Man!

2nd place: winning 1k (maybe a few thousand extra--it was close!] is Hatake Mika, for her fic, Protecting My Sweet Blossom!

3rd place: winning 1k is athenas00, for her fic, A Faithful Night!

A big, fat thanks to all who participated--I hope you enjoyed writing as much as I enjoyed reading, and that you'll take my gold as a token of my appreciation for the time and effort you put in for my favorite pairing.

Sayoonara!

Blessed Codger

Blessed Codger

Blessed Codger

Blessed Codger

Blessed Codger

...at least come in and laugh at me for being obsessed with a crack pairing...

Blessed Codger

Blessed Codger

Blessed Codger

Blessed Codger

Blessed Codger

Blessed Codger

disheartended bump...
i guess ill start tonight and trust me i think itll be good. but can you please take it in a pm, cuz my stupid yahoo email address wont let me send emails to those not in yahoo network? others can but for somereason mine cant.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff