Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you know where Darfur is?

Yes 0.41397849462366 41.4% [ 77 ]
No 0.58602150537634 58.6% [ 109 ]
Total Votes:[ 186 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 33 34 35 > >>

User Image
Not that most of you care. But this is me trying to do something good for the world. One more person trying to help. Even though its not a lot. I think its important, and so i have posted.
Please don't abuse the Tos in my thread. Please do not spam it, or flame, or do anything disgraceful and immature in here.
Show some respect for a struggling activist.
Thats all i ask.

I would appercicate an honest vote, your attention, any your help.
Even if that only means that you put something in your sig, tell your friend or give my thread a thumbs up. Thank you.

~Celtic.

Here is a banner, made by my friend, for your conveyance, if you wish to have something in your signature.

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21726881][IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b119/unkymonky/genocide.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Also, there is a new guild made for helping Darfur! Here is its banner! Please look in on it and join!

User Image
User Image

User Image

This is the start for a project i'm trying to get going. Every one needs some where to begin, and i chose Gaia, mainly cause i have access to lots and lots of people from all over the world in just one place.
What i'm trying to do isn't that hard, but i think its rather important as i have stated in my first post.
I'm simply trying to do something the media failed at while they were looking away, chasing stars and the war with Iraq.

The holocaust, Rwanda, terrible times of meaningless blood spilling, of close minded propaganda and hatred towards other people.
Genocide.

The past of course, right? The terrors of the Nazi are over... No one's killing each other any more! Not in the modern age, thats just plain silly.

Wrong. Wrong. Utterly wrong. So wrong it makes me cry.

People are being slaughtered, and most the people in my community don't have a clue.
We are sitting back blind while trouble brews.

Darfur, Africa. Genocide has been burning since 2003.
Already More than 450,000 People are dead.

The death toll doesn't stay the same either, that number goes up, by the day, the hour, the second. Up. Up. Think about it. How does it feel when one person dies? Just one person. Its horrible. That person had a name, a mother, a father. They had a family, and a life, and potential.
Now multiply it. Over, and over again. Tens, hundreds, thousands. Thousands of children, of women and men. People just like us, people who bleed red, and cry salt water. People with thoughts, and fears, and potential. Every life is worth more then all the money in the world. In the end, we are all loosing her. Over and over and over again. By the hour, the second. More people are being killed.

Just thought that maybe you'd want to know. *Shrug* You can go back to watching your comfortable television shows about bratish people now.

Theres nothing more I can do to convince you. I've told you, I've filled you in. Its up to you what you do with that information. As for me? I'm going to be working at it, along with the others in the world that have been enlightened about this horrible situation. Would you like to join us?

Here is the link to the brand new Save Darfur Guild. Join, and help put a stop to the genocide.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/index.php?gmode=index&guild_id=9626

Here are some links that you might be able to find out more details about this topic. Also try Wikipedia, its very informative.

The Campaign To Save Darfur:
http://www.africaaction.org/campaign_new/darfur.php

Article On Sudan:
http://www.sudanreeves.org/Sections-index-req-viewarticle-artid-54-page-1.html

Good Videos Too Watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXHQFhD5QI0

*WARNING GRAPHIC, CONTAINS ADULT LANGUAGE!*

http://www.ushmm.org/conscience/alert/darfur/steidle/?gclid=CNKF6_-uyIkCFRJmGgodgkGmlA

This is an example of what we are trying to do with the song blowing in the wind. A short, informational, meaning full video that is not to graphic, put to a song, easy to sing in a choir or put in a web page. We may switch to this song, it depends, we haven't really gotten anything set in stone just yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29nwS6xMPto

UPDATE!!~~
Alright every one, (by every one i mean the few people that accidentally come in here, and my two best Gaia friends)
I have a little update to write. My tutor and I, have moved to the next step, off of the internet, out of the polls stage, and into some real activism.

He came up with a really good idea, and i've decided i'm going to run with it. We are going to be making contact with some choir directors, some school news teams, college radios, and my girl scout group. Basically any one we can get our hands on that will be willing to dedicate a song to Darfur for us, and perhaps put up a small speech, or a clip of a video i intend to make of footage from Sudan.
The song he chose is 'Blowing in the wind', its a very touching song with good strong lyrics that really apply to Darfur's crisis.

WHAT YOU CAN DO: Talk to your school, or any other group that would be willing to do something like this, your local news paper(For a short story on it) or a radio, any type of media, and talk to them about this. Ask to put the song on the air, ask to dedicate it to Darfur. Spread the word a little, spread information.

Put the song in your My Space, or on your Gaia profile with something short about it in your blog, or your about space.
I will be working with my brother to make Darfur style profiles.
That is all for now. I shall update this again once i make contact with some organizations.

UPDATE! There is now a Guild for saving Darfur, right here on Gaia. If you missed it, Its in the LARGE Text, in this very post. (See above)
Please join, and try and get the guild going. It takes every ones cooperation to get a guild active and moving.

User Image
__Deidara__Akatsuki
=D I like people like you!

Thank you. *Smiles*

Give me a second, and i'll be posting some important things.
*Pushes my thread up, hoping for more people to read it*
User Image
RAIN SUCKS...

D: did you just ask the chatterbox not to spam?
Bought Off Ebay
User Image
RAIN SUCKS...

D: did you just ask the chatterbox not to spam?

Yes, actualy i did. Its not really that much is it? Can't people handle that? All i asked is for some respect. Thats all.
Don't get me wrong, this is really interesting, but this is the wrong forum.
lovely_akari91

I supose you could argue that. But, its allowed here, most every type of thread is.
The most people are in this forum. The most people will see it here.
Even if none of them care, at least i'll have a bigger change at putting a blip on the radar.
*Waits for the thread to die*
Celtic Twilight
lovely_akari91

I supose you could argue that. But, its allowed here, most every type of thread is.
The most people are in this forum. The most people will see it here.
Even if none of them care, at least i'll have a bigger change at putting a blip on the radar.

Yep, I guess you have a point there.
I'm going to go check out some other threads, but I'll subscribe to this one. I PROMISE to come back later! This really does seem like an interesting thread.
It belongs in the ED, but I understand perfectly why you put it here.

My mom and I were just talking about Darfur. It makes me really angry that this horrible genocide has been going on while the "Iraqi freedom" is being used as an excuse to gain control of oil-rich land.

Good luck with this thread.
KasumiTorisei
It belongs in the ED, put I understand perfectly why you put it here.

My mom and I were just talking about Darfur. It makes me really angry that this horrible genocide has been going on while the "Iraqi freedom" is being used as an excuse to gain control of oil-rich land.

Good luck with this thread.

Thank god at least some one else knows. I only just found out today, from my tutor, and he suggested i do something about it.

Much aprecicated, i shall try my best with the thread. *Is trying to make sure it doesn't die*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff