Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Should I spell my name Keira or Kira? (Pronounced the same)

Keira. 0.53846153846154 53.8% [ 21 ]
Kira. 0.46153846153846 46.2% [ 18 ]
Total Votes:[ 39 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 66 67 68 > >>

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Art on the Avenue
alliteration at it’s best 2.0

WE ARE NOW CLOSED
RELOCATION= LOVE

User Image

Ultimately, looking is comparing and contrasting. Looking at only one style at a time does not create any context. But if you look at two or three styles, you can compare them in terms of your personal preference. Welcome to Art on the Ave, where low prices for fun art has been the best cliché you’ll ever see. You’re invited to enjoy the art and discover the great people. So hang around, chat, and have fun! User Image Eh, who reads these welcome messages anyway? User Image

{ NEWS }
12.27.06- No more commissions are being accepted until I finish all of the ones on my to-do list currently. When they are all done, I will re-open with slots to prevent a backup that happened last time. c:

{ AVENUE HISTORY }

Art on the Ave was originally opened in February 19, 2006. Back then, it was called ‘Kira’s Commissions’, and was an after school hobby for me. Since then, its grown from pencil sketches to full Cged works, serving the people what they want at the price they want it. So far there have been over 500 visitors and 40 commissions peices done.

{ NAVIGATION }
01 ...............Welcome
02 ..........Street Rules
03 .....Corner Samples
04 ............On the Ave
05 ...............Ordering
06 ............Roadway K
07 ..............Art Status
08 .......Avenue Lovers
09 ................Farewell

Street Rules
terms of use

Please obey the few rules that I have here at The Avenue. They’re important, and keep things nice and clean. However, these can change at any given time, so be sure glance at them every once and a while.User Image

I. Be polite, please. Think of Fifth Avenue or Broadway- not the dirty back ally in L.A.
II. Please don’t harass the artist. This includes rushing me, begging me for something, or flaming.
III. No fighting or arguing. If you must, please take it outside of this little avenue.
IV. Tips are the life that I live on, and are very appreciated!
V. The thread is not only for ordering and chatting, but any sort of questions and such you think might be useful for anyone.
Corner Samples
explore every design

Discovering your particular style of art begins with an understanding of what’s available and what they look like. Below is a list of all of The Avenue’s art; samples of each method and style. Since the Ave is so new though, there won’t be samples for everything yet. But if you’re curious to what something is, ask me on the board or through a PM. I’ll be happy to give you a more detailed explanation. User Image Order goes left to right, newest to oldest. (But if it's too old I'll take it down.)

{ CHIBI }
User Image User Image User Image

{ SKETCH }

{ SKETCH PENCIL }
User Image User Image User Image

{ MONOTONE PENCIL }

{ MONOTONE CG }

{ CELL SHADING CG }
User Image User Image

{ FULL CG }
User Image User Image

On the Ave
the bottom line

The Avenue has always figured that putting people before the products just made good common sense. So far, it’s been working. Find out what’s being sold on The Avenue now and follow up later- business is just sparking, after all, and special sales might come and go.

Chibi:
A nice, pocket-sized character.
Full Body; 700g

Sketch:
A sketch, not as rough as ooekai, done in Photoshop.
Head; 400g
Waist up; 600g
Full body; 800g

Sketch Pencil:
A sketch done in pencil, allowing more accuracy and detail.
Head; 500g
Waist up; 700g
Full body; 900g

Monotone Pencil:
A cleaned and scanned pencil sketch colored in one tone or with a small amount of contrasting color. Ie: Dark blue shades, but with red eyes.
Head; 800g
Waist up; 1000g

Monotone CG:
Not quite a full cg, but not messily done, when you order, state what color of a tone you want this to be. If you want, I can put in a small contrasting color, like, a bunch of dark blue shades on your character with red eyes.
Head; 1300g
Waist up; 1600g

Cell Shading CG:
Only has about 2-3 colors for shades, like an anime.
Head; 2300g
Waist up; 2400g

Full CG:
A peice done with soft, painter-like shading and coloring.
Head; 3300g
Waist up; 5700g

There are only a few types that I offer full bodies for. If you REALLY, REALLY want one in a full body that is not up here, you could try bribing me. Mind, a GOOD bribe. A REALLY REALLY good bribe, because I absolutly HATE doing these. Bribes are displayed up front. And sometimes, even if your bribe is hella good, I'll reject it. User Image
Ordering
treat a friend or treat yourself

The vast range of Art on the Ave and your expansive taste await. Now you know the unique low prices of The Avenue, and what’s at your fingertips. Why are you waiting? After all, you can never have enough art. User ImageRight, well submit the correct order form to me through a PM, and send a trade of the overall price. Once I’m done, I’ll send the art to you, accept the trade, and you can tip me or not before completing the trade. I like tips. They make my prices stay low. Hint. 3nodding Anyway, don't forget. PM. Not on the board.

Sample:
Sample Order
1 Singer Order Form
User name: Ninkira
Type of Art: Monotone CG (Tone= blueish gray please!)
Size: Waist up
Style: In THIS style please! biggrin
What to draw: User Image
Pose:Like this
Comments: I also would like the hair to be sort of crazy like it is in the sample picture please! biggrin And I also want the wings to be really big; they probably won't fit in the picture, but that's okay.
Overall price: 4,200 gold +tip! biggrin

Do NOT forget to send the trade with the gold! I will NOT get started on your commission until this is done.

[u]1 Singer Order Form[/u]
[b]User name:[/b]
[b]Type of Art:[/b] (chibi, sketch, full cg… etc)
[b]Size:[/b] (head, waist up, etc)
[b]Style:[/b] (You can say ‘like the sample..’ and link to one of my samples, or your own, or something in my gallery and I’ll do my best to imitate it)
[b]What to draw:[/b] (Put a link, picture, avatar, or whatever here and I’ll draw it)
[b]Pose:[/b]
[b]Comments:[/b]
[b]Overall price:[/b]

Do NOT forget to send the trade with the gold! I will NOT get started on your commission until this is done.

For 2+ people-->
[u]2 Singer Order Form[/u]
[b]User name:[/b]
[b]Type of Art:[/b] (chibi, sketch, full cg… etc)
[b]Size:[/b] (head, waist up, etc)
[b]Style:[/b] (You can say ‘like the sample..’ and link to one of my samples, or your own, or something in my gallery and I’ll do my best to imitate it)
[b]What to draw:[/b] (Put a link, picture, avatar, or whatever here of the couple art wanted I’ll draw it)
[b]Poses:[/b] (Kissing, cheeks together, etc)
[b]Comments:[/b]
[b]Overall price:[/b]

Do NOT forget to send the trade with the gold! I will NOT get started on your commission until this is done. There. I have said it THREE TIMES now.
Roadway K
the artist

Random stuff about me. Hm. User Image
Here’s the one spot I won’t be acting like an employee of Starbucks. Heh. Enjoy it, and learn how I work. c:

User Image Artist Status:
Hey everyone! Kira here, and I’m back from my 2nd forced hiatus. I hope everyone had a safe and great holiday season, and had a lot of fun. =D I know I was nice and busy, but still got a lot of resting time in from my normal hectic life. Wow, I’m pretty busy for someone without a life, huh? Yum, teenager angst. <3 Right, to the point. This time, I unwisely started my shop right before school started. And guess what? I’M A SOPHOMORE! That’s right, you know what’s coming. Even though I had never heard of it until it happened to me. The sophomore slump.

You don’t know what the sophomore slump is? Don’t feel bad, like I said, I didn’t either. It’s when a high school sophomore—that is, a teenager in their second year of high school, relaxes because they’ve survived their first year already, and starts to slack. It’s very common I’ve heard. Anyway, this sort of happened, and I had to abandon Gaia while I worked hard to get myself out of the slump. But now, with the help of time management and OCD (just kidding), I’m able to open again. Sort of.

Last time, thinking my prices wouldn’t be that low, and my business would be pretty slow (I don’t advertise myself), I didn’t put a limit of how many commissions I would take on at once. Soon however, I was up to twenty-five requests and very little time to do them. So at the moment, I won’t accept any more requests until I finish these. When I do open to requests again, I won’t make the same mistake twice; I’ll have slots. B3
--------------------

Right, well, check back here for my status, and if you want to see exactly what I'm doing, my Blog is HERE.

--------------------

In Other News:
Well, I've had a few people come up to me and tell me and congratulate me about my art being used for the stil. of this month's Profile Spotlight. Thanks, but what I need to say is this: CONGRATS TO ELINDRANYTH, and I'm honored that you used my art to help make your profile. Thanks for giving me credit, and congrats again na~. You deserve it!
--------------------

Thread Chat:(Don’t have anything to talk about? Why not give a few suggestions? Here’s a few questions of my own.)

-How do you concentrate while doing homework? What stops you from spacing out while doing something boring? How do you ignore your aching back, your sagging eyelids, and your sleepy brain?
-Should I universally spell my name ‘Keira’? Or should I spell it ‘Kira’?
-What’s a band you’ve been listening to lately? Why do you like them so much? What kind of music are they?
-What do you think of the video under my profile multimedia? Does it inspire you to do anything? What are controversial issues you observe in the world today, and what is your take on them?
-Should I post my simply drawn, pencil sillies—‘The Adventures of Sail and Ko’—on DeviantArt? They’re based on funny (and by funny I mean ‘stupid’) things that go on during my school day. If so, how often should I update?

--------------------

My Schedule:
Monday-Thursday; No computer. If I get online, I’ve got 2 minutes at school to post.
Friday; Computer time sometimes after 2pm Pacific time. Depends on homework load.
Saturday-Sunday; Besides doing some homework on Saturday, I can be on at anytime during the weekend. Wahoo =D.

School off days and holidays can get me on the computer when I’m not normally scheduled. B)

--------------------

Contact/Stalk Me:
Myspace: KeiraJue
DeviantART: Ninkira
Livejournal: Ninkira
MSN: numen_istar@hotmail.com
AIM: NinkiraDesign
Blogger: Ninkira
Neopets: coolblackhole

--------------------

Gift Arts!!!1!one!!1sntxeror!!
Holy crap! People are giving me free gift art? After all that I've made them pay? Haha.... These guys are bomb. Huzzah! Love your stuff. Really, I do. <3333 Also, click on the picture to see full-size.
User Image
By Trogdor Master Badwick- My first giftarts! Thank you so much na~! ^w^
User Image
By X _Silent Angel _X- Omg! YUGIOH CARD!! This made me laugh out loud. Totally awsome, Silent! Merry X-Mas to you too. I don't deserve such coolness ne~ =w='.

--------------------

Art Status
get creative

Expertly crafted. Always satisftying. The compleate lineup of current commissions and their status, because you just can’t wait for your art. Questions or comments can be posted in the thread.

I R L ~ C o m m i s s i o n

/none/

G a i a ~ O n l i n e

InUyAsHa_muttface...| done |
Aurelie NFaelin...| done |
QuietDeath... | sketch |
Nebulous Skye...| sketch |

A r t ~ T r a d e

/none/

G i f t ~ A r t s

/none/

FOR DETAILS ON YOUR ART: HERE IS MY ACCOUNTING BOOK
Avenue Lovers
can’t exist without ‘em

Indulge the quality of The Avenue in every day life. These people have bought, enjoyed, stayed, and talked the place up, making this street way more fun. Occasionally I’ll give out freebees for them, or let them know first when a discount is going to appear.

Chatters:
ImmortalBlue
X_Silent Angel_X
Yamir N. Mordecai
Lei-chan14
Nemesis777
LagreF
Darkelfkage

Frequent Buyers:
Yamir N. Mordecai
Bibsta
Saga_Eternium
ImmortalBlue
X_Silent Angel_X

Adverts:
(Those luuuurrrrvly people who have my banner in their signature for a bit or advertise in some way heart )
X_Silent Angel_X heart
Yamir N. Mordecai heart
Bibsta heart heart

How can I keep my prices low on The Ave? By having tippers! It isn't required, of course, but I feel a great swell of appreciation when I do get one. Remember, 'Tipping is NOT a city in China!' User Image

Tips:
Saga_Eternium
LargreF
Lei-chan14
Klinkz
ImmortalBlue
X_Silent Angel_X
Bibsta
reddy2bplayd
Yamir N. Mordecai
Kichiro Oda
Farewell
street signs

Affiliates are a part of today's buisness. It shows who you approve of, where you go, and what you think is quality good deals. To become an affiliate of Art on the Avenue, you have to have one of the banners in your shop, and you can PM me your banner and I'll put it up here. However, there are some people I will choose not to display up here on account of spacing management. User Image Right, well please visit my affiliates!

Link Me:

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11892714][IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/ninkira/Roadway%20K/theave.jpg[/IMG][/url]
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11892714][IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/ninkira/Roadway%20K/theAvenue.jpg[/IMG][/url]

My Affiliates:

User Image
This street is OPEN! User Image
o.o Very good.
-tackleglomp- Thank you Ressy! heart
-glomps Lemon Juiice- Thanks!
Bump. Anyone want some art?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash