Welcome to Gaia! ::

Princess Kunzite's Princess

Spoiled Pandahime

Alrighty so this will be the feedback thread to the GTPAY 3rd Edition Charity thread
Feel free to post here with any feedback. It can be anything from liking certain rules, disliking rules or ideas for events.

Spoiled Pandahime

Current Questions:

Secret Santa event questions. PLEASE READ, VERY IMPORTANT
When should we close the Secret Santa joining?
I was thinking December 5th since that would allow 20 days to raise the gold and get the gift.

To be safe, the mods and I have been discussing ideas to be sure everyone gets their gifts.
Our idea was a mule would be created that only I would go on. This mule will also serve for holding contest funds.

I will send out the PMs with who everyone is to gift, and if this idea is approved by people once a gift is bought for their secret santa it will be sent in a trade to the mule labeled with how it's for.

So say our mod Kitana Hiki is Tiny Villains secret santa. She will buy Tiny her gift, send a trade to the mule and title the trade "SS gift for Tiny Villain"

The trade will remain open until say a week before Christmas and then it will be accepted on both ends. Christmas day I will use the mule to send out all the gifts via anon ways. If you would like to include a message with the gift PM the mule and I will include that in the gift.

Does this sound okay? Please leave your feedback.

Upping the thread minimum.

It has been requested that we possibly up the 5k to something higher. While we like the idea we want everyones input. What would you be comfortable with?

Something else.
Leave your feedback and suggestions.

Friendly Gekko

I like the idea of the mule for the secret santa, and I think 15k is a fair minimum gifting price.

Mystical Villain's Princess

Adorable Sex Symbol

Suggestions

Minimum be increased to 15-20k
. I know it's a chunk higher than some people gift currently, but it will weed out the circulation of common plushies and other generally disappointing gifts that meet the current standards. Every gift is appreciated, but some tend to be so commonly disributed that we end up with several duplicates of them. (ask me how many Bunrin Carrotos I have had.)

Contests!
(I wanna hold some if we agree on them. > u > ) This will get more people involved in the thread happenings. I know we aren't always the most talkative thread, so this might generate more involvement. Dice contests, page number contests, tektek contests, etc.

An OOC/chat thread!
Again, we don't talk much in the thread itself - so maybe having a thread to specifically chat in would be a good idea. No need to worry about sandwiching there, so it would be a much more relaxed talking environment.

zFelix's Wife

Fairy

We can make these changes effective next year of January 1'st 2015, just so that everyone will at least be well inform of these changes taking place in the thread, and a fresh start of the thread. ^-^

30K set as the minimum or even 15K at the least would be okay.
& if it becomes difficult to pick the minimum, a poll can help finalize it.

As for Secret Santa, the mule account use would be a great idea for these kind of events, just to keep the thread organize. Plus, we can consider using the mule for future funding, activities, and events, etc.

emotion_bigheart Faii
I do love the item of a thread mule for contacts and the SS, so that's a big yes'siry bob!

Contests would be loved. Perhaps forms of tektek, something more than just bumping contests. Baking seems to be a theme of the thread, if the cupcakes mean anything, so perhaps tekteking an affordable outfit for the thread mule? 4laugh

I agree with We Could Be Villains, we aren't the most talkative bunch and I'd love for that to change.

And a minimum of 15k-20k should be more than acceptable. Most give more than that anyway. heart

Cuddly Knife

42,775 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Survivor 150
I'd say yes to the minimum increase, maybe 15k? 10k would be like GTPAY 2nd Ed, and 20 would be like IL, so I feel like we shouldn't have the same limit as either.

I agree with Villains about having contests, but, idk, I don't think page contests or dice rolls will make it more talkative. Having them on the side, yes would be good, but I feel that it may just add more bump-like posts.
*Edit: Maybe a cupcake making contest? The user would have to have a piece of paper with their username on in in the picture with the cupcakes to prove it's theirs and not google's xP

As for the Secret Santa mule, yes to having it all go through the team. That way t can be ensured that the item isn't crap and is from the person's Secret Santa wishlist ^^

Spoiled Pandahime

rattleCakes
I do love the item of a thread mule for contacts and the SS, so that's a big yes'siry bob!

Contests would be loved. Perhaps forms of tektek, something more than just bumping contests. Baking seems to be a theme of the thread, if the cupcakes mean anything, so perhaps tekteking an affordable outfit for the thread mule? 4laugh

I agree with We Could Be Villains, we aren't the most talkative bunch and I'd love for that to change.

And a minimum of 15k-20k should be more than acceptable. Most give more than that anyway. heart
Shhhh thats the first contest c; If the mule idea gets passed the very first contest will be dress the mule for xmas then for an everyday look
Angels Alibi

Mum's the word then! 4laugh But I think it's a wonderful idea. 3nodding

Kawaii Gatekeeper

I think the mule idea is good (though a lot of work for you!) as long as things don't get mixed up :3.
As for upping the minimum, I'd be comfortable with anything around the 10k or 20k mark.

Magical Shopper

14,200 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Generous 100
I think the mule is a great idea!~
It'll also make things easier for the secret Santa >u<
And contests sound fun! cx

Ahh for the minimum I say 10k or 20k ouo
I don't think it should be raised a whole lot since some people are questing and gifting can become a tad bit expensive @-@
But I do think something should happen with items..
I've gotten a few trades with 20k-30k then filled with junk items..

Widow

Cute Smoker

I definitely think you should raise the gifting minimum. 10k-20k

Spoiled Pandahime

CupcakeToTheRescue
I think the mule is a great idea!~
It'll also make things easier for the secret Santa >u<
And contests sound fun! cx

Ahh for the minimum I say 10k or 20k ouo
I don't think it should be raised a whole lot since some people are questing and gifting can become a tad bit expensive @-@
But I do think something should happen with items..
I've gotten a few trades with 20k-30k then filled with junk items..
Ahhh with the junk things typically any report we get about that causes a pm to be sent to whoever did it,, and we explain that people aren't their garbage cans
it usually stops after that

Magical Shopper

14,200 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Generous 100
Angels Alibi
Ahh alright >u<
I was never sure if I should message a mod because they gifted above the minimum but now I know ouo
And it hasn't happened recently it was probably a week ago so someone might of said something o:
When they do that though should the trade still be accepted or should we just report it then wait?

Memorable Shapeshifter

20,400 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hand in the Cookie Jar 100
  • Generous 100
I agree with the minimum being raised to 15k-20k 3nodding

As for contests maybe we could have a gift or baking themed writing contest. Maybe you could see if the talented artists that lurk the thread would offer art as gifts as well. I would though I am not the best xp

December 1th or 5th would be good dates to end the joining for secret santa I think ...

Oooh an ooc thread would be awesome we can talk.I like talking......Maybe you could welcome anons to the ooc thread to keep up the gifting theme

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff