Welcome to Gaia! ::

Please do not post in this forum.

The following are samples of my roleplaying. Please PM me if you would like to set up a 1x1 or group roleplay.

My history: I started roleplaying on Furcadia when I was in elementary school, and have continued intermittently ever since. I am now 22, to give you an idea of how long it has been since then. I have no desire to be a professional writer, although I do take pride in my writing. Many of the previous roleplays that I have been in were: medieval fantasy, insane asylum, steam punk, zombie apocalypse, city-based, vampire/assorted demon (not so interested in these at the moment), anthropomorphic (hence Furcadia), and academy/school based (sometimes normal human, sometimes 'gifted').

"Literacy"/Commitment: Using the popular standards of ranking writing skills on Gaia, I would consider myself to be "literate." My average post length ranges from 3-6 solid paragraphs, depending on my inspiration and what my partner has given me to work with. I work five days a week, but I will definitely be able to post at least once a week. Most likely I will post twice a week. I hate when others disappear from roleplays, so, in the unlikely event that I cannot post for a while, I will be sure to let you know.

[My Characters]
User Image

♤ Јaɪɱε εɵpaяʈε ♤

ণLocation: Home
                                                      ণCompanion: None

Jamie Leoparte's eyes shot open wide at the first note of her industrial strength alarm clock's angry scream. Her arm shot out from under the blankets to slap the wide snooze button across top of the ancient brick of a clock; the thing was so old it still had a tape deck. Leo cast her emerald gaze from beneath her thick winter comforter to glare daggers at the time displayed in red letters upon her beat-up old night stand: 7:00AM. Huffing a sigh, the young woman sat up, disentangling herself from her twisted sheets. She tended to thrash about at night while she slept; her father used to complain that she would make so much noise wriggling around that it would keep him from getting a good night's sleep. Switching the alarm setting off on the clock, she stood and walked into the small bathroom in her flat.

Leo wasn't normally a morning person, but today was different. Yesterday had been payday for her and she needed to get to a the bank in The Rest as soon as it opened to cash her paycheck. She had never bothered with a bank account, and wandering the streets of the Underground with any decent chunk of cash on you was one of the stupidest things you could do. Fortunately, this early only a few people would be walking the streets, and those were the folks with daytime jobs. Leo ran a brush through her long black hair and swept it up into a loose ponytail before splashing some cold water onto her face. Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, she dried her pale skin on a sky blue towel before padding into the kitchen nook of her studio apartment. Useless before her morning java, she mechanically refilled the coffee maker that took up almost a third of the limited counter space by the metal sink. She pulled out her favourite glazed green mug that she had picked up at the local thrift store last year and subconsciously began humming to herself.

While the coffee brewed, filling the small space with its rich, earthy aroma, Leo sauntered over to her closet in search of some semi-decent clothes for her trip outside the underworld of the city. She shifted aside a faded black backpack that was on the floor in front of her closet door, the cans of paint clinking softly inside. She had dropped it there after returning home from her late night trip to decorate the city the night before. The crew she had run with in her teenage years had been keen on graffiti, and the punks had gotten her addicted to the thrill of creating something worthwhile out of the dank city she called home. Her humming shifted to singing as she pulled on a fitted black turtleneck that she had cut the bottom half off of. "♪...Hey, little green-eyed killer. I like the way that you move...♫" The old punk song had been her father's favourite, and he had sung it to his green-eyed daughter every night before bed. When he was actually home, that is. The song had become the soundtrack to her life, and changed her favourite color from the sky blue she had loved so much as a small child.

Jaime pulled on a pair of plain blue jeans and some knee-high socks before skipping back over to the coffee maker, energized by the scent of her morning pick-me-up. She stared greedily at the dark liquid spilling its last few drops into the glass pot, shifting her weight from foot to foot in impatience. The time between climbing out of bed and the first cup of coffee always felt like the longest part of her day. After an eternity, Leo was perched upon the edge of her kitchen counter, sipping carefully at the piping hot coffee in her mug and planning out her day.

"♪I can't help but love you, baby, 'cause I never met nobody like you...♫" She was still singing snippets of the same song as she pulled on a long black coat, slipping her pistol into an inner pocket, and stuffing her feet into thick winter boots. Strapping on the sky blue bag that she always kept close, of her own design of course, Leo took one last look around her slightly messy apartment before undoing the three locks on the door; in this part of town, one was never enough. She locked and checked the door to her fourth floor walk-up carefully and headed down the narrow stairs, slipping the key into her pocket. The cold air slapped her roughly in the face as she stepped out into the bright morning sun. It had stopped snowing since the night before, but it was still bitterly cold. Leo tucked her hands deep into the warm pockets of her coat as she headed for the border between the Underground and The Rest.

User Image
இOnly Owls Cough: The song I reference is "Green Eyed Killer" by The Secretions.
User ImageUser Image
Experiment #010

It was evening when it happened. The neon sign above Optimized Eugenics, though dimmed for the night, spilled blue and red light upon the steps that lead to the main entrance of Point Prometheus's main research facility. The air was a carefully controlled seventy degrees, as it always was in Rapture, and a stillness had settled over this part of the city. Most of the scientists and laboratory technicians had left for the night, retreating back to their quarters or out for a drink at Le Marquis, but one team remained diligently at work deep in the Live Subject Testing sector. Surrounded by his loyal assistants in a room that was obviously too small for all of them, Dr. Yi Suchong, a middle-aged, bespectacled Chinese man, hovered over a patient with a syringe full of a glowing red liquid. Sweat trickled down his temple as he licked his lips, muttering fervently to himself. "They said it wasn't possible... but Suchong knew." The thick needle pressed into the arm of the young, blond-haired girl beneath him. "Oh, yes. Suchong will prove them all wrong..." His dark eyes shone with such excitement that it was almost akin to ecstasy, as he watched the liquid force its way beneath her pale skin with bated breath.

For a few moments, nothing happened. The surrounding men in pristine white lab coats glanced hesitantly at each other, for the first time showing doubt as to the wisdom of their superior. Suchong's eyes never left the heart-shaped face of the angelic figure before him, even as a single drop of sweat dripped from his brow, landing with a slick plop next to the deep track mark left by the needle. Nothing. Anger crossed Dr. Suchong's face, darkening his features and blinding him to the slightest twitch of a finger on the girl's left hand. Her arm shot out, her hand instantly wrapped around his throat as those small, delicate fingers dug into his skin just above pressure points that would kill him in a heart beat. Shock smacked Suchong hard in the face, and he watched as one greyish-blue eye opened to meet his gaze. A force like a sonic boom whipped out, flinging the surrounding men into the walls like ragdolls, crushing their internal organs and tearing the limbs from their bodies as they crashed into the surrounding rooms. The ceiling cracked straight down the middle, dropping dust into the no-longer cramped room, as chunks of tile were flung upward into the room above.

Suchong, drenched in the blood of his fellows but held still by the strange girl's grip, watched all of this with a child-like sense of wonder. Fascinated rather than fearful.
--------

The blast could be heard throughout the facility. It rocked the foundations of the entire area, and caused the metal girders holding the thick glass windows back against the ocean's depths to creak. A dark-haired girl stirred from her sleep in a holding cell two rooms away from the blast. The heavy metal door that lead to the hallway gave a violent shudder at the initial quake. Still half-asleep, the girl lifted her head to peer about curiously as silence fell once more. The room was dark, the only light coming through a single slot of a window on the door. Peeling back the sheets, the young girl abandoned her pallet to peek through the window, wondering if it was feeding time already. A second blast, just as vicious as the first, rocked the room before she was halfway to the door. Flung from her feet, she fell to the floor, slamming her head against the metal frame of the bed as the door was wrenched from its frame to swing open ever so slightly. A thin trickle of blood spread to the tiled floor as she lay there unmoving, knocked unconscious from the blow.

It's true, no-one hears you in this room.
User Image
                          Sleep like dead men, wake up like dead men...

It seemed Oliver had noticed their little party heading south and had followed suit. Either that or the man kneeling by the black SUV staring them down was yet another new face in this harsh terrain. It was unlikely enough for them to have found as many survivors as they had in such a short period of time, so Four doubted that was the case. She watched as Hobbes darted carefully across the street and into the darkened side-alley that faced the one she and Doyle were crouched in. He made good time, and luck must have been on his side as none of the infected seemed to notice his movements. She divided her attention between the ragers down the way and the two men across the street however as she waited for the signal that it was safe for them to cross. Safe. She had to force down the bitter laughter that threatened to burst from her lungs at the word.

Shuffling from behind. A soft psssst. Four turned in time to see Heels poking her head round the corner, creeping into position behind Doyle, with another man limping up behind her. So the roof-walker had decided to join them. She spared a quick glance for both of them, eying the newcomer warily, before reluctantly turning back around. She hated to turn her back towards someone who was even more of a stranger than the rest of this lot, but she couldn't risk missing the signal. At the other woman's question, she merely nodded her head in the direction of the two armed men in front of her, who seemed to be feeling each other out through silent conversation. Hobbes glanced back at the rest of the group, meeting Four's eyes and gesturing for them to begin making their way over.

Four passed the word back to the others with a quick,
                          "Get ready," before immediately turning her attention back to the street. The infected were slowly peeling away from the apartment in ones and twos to go shambling off in search of easier prey. None were heading in this direction yet, but it was only a matter of time. She made her way carefully past the edge of the building she had been squatting by, using the abandoned cars in the street for cover until she reached the middle of the wide boulevard, pausing. The southerner gave her bloodstained bat a subconscious squeeze as she studied the situation at hand. It was now or never, she decided, and dashed out into the open in a full sprint, keeping as low to the ground as she could while still making good time.

Time seemed to move slower while she was exposed, seconds dragging out for hours as she crossed the final two lanes of Sedgwick. As much as it made her feel like she was naked and running from wolves, the expanse of lengthened time allowed her thoughts to drift. Didn't she have a friend who lived on this street once? Matt, she was pretty sure his name was. They hadn't spoken in over a year. She remembered late summer nights spent drinking forties on his front porch, watching the world turn while everyone else slept.
                          I wonder if he made it...

She didn't slow her pace until she was safely--and here, she smirked at the word once more--hidden from the view of any ragers. Having made it to the eastern side of the street, Four pulled up short beside the large vehicle, settling herself into position at Hobbes's side. She leaned up against the wall, resting on the balls of her feet with her bat laid across her lap, as she took a moment to inspect the man she presumed to be Oliver. He seemed to be made of the same stuff as Hobbes, only much younger. As such, he had more of an arrogant air about him, as most men in their twenties did. He looked a bit younger than Ryan herself, but taller. This she could tell even though she hadn't seen him standing fully upright yet. She turned to look at Hobbes, studying the contours of his lightly scarred face for any sign of his initial judgments of the younger man with them. Somehow, she had already decided that he was a fairly good judge of character. Although he had a rather intimidating presence, she wasn't the least bit perturbed by him.

In the lull before the others crossed, Four pulled a Nalgene bottle from her pack and took a small sip, savoring the fresh water before replacing the cap tightly. Who knew when they would stumble across another source of this precious liquid. The murky green river was utter filth and the lake wasn't much better. If only she had managed to find some iodine.

...God damn these bite marks, deep in my arteries.
User Image
εllɑ Svɑʈos☁
۵Location: The Dungeons
۵Companion: Alixander

HONESTY OR MYSTERY?

The crowds of students bustled the first years out of the Great Hall and into the stone corridors outside. The warm golden light spilled out of the thick oak doors, making a sharp contrast between the cool darkness that hovered in between the magically lit torches high up on the walls. Ella's eye was caught by a familiar dark-haired boy standing uncertainly just outside the doors. The girl waved enthusiastically to get Bastien's attention, eliciting a small wave back as the boy picked his way through the swarm to reach his friends. "Congratulations on making Gryffindor!" Ella cried, enveloping Bastien in tight hug. Pulling away just as suddenly, she grinned cheekily. "I bet your parents will be proud when you write to them. I know they wanted you to be placed in a 'powerful' House."

After a brief conversation with Bastien, it was clear that his reasons for lagging behind his fellow Housemates was to check in on Damien. Ella ruffled Damien's hair affectionately. It seemed that the both of them were rather fond of, and protective of, their new friend. "I'll let you two catch up. Our common room is somewhere in the dungeons. Just meet me by the stairs leading down there and I'll let you know the password." Meeting up with Damien later would give her an excuse to explore the dungeons a bit beforehand. With one last mischievous grin, Ella dashed off after the only other Slytherin first year she recognized. Ella caught up with Alixander just as the small group, led by the Slytherin prefect, broke off from the main crowd and entered a thin winding passageway that sloped slowly downwards.

Ella glanced at Alixander, tossing him a small smile, before turning her attention back to their surroundings. The torches were few and far between this deep into the castle, shrouding the high ceilings in a darkness that seemed almost to creep down the walls in tendrils that reached towards the group of eleven-year-olds. The first years followed their prefect through a series of passageways and down a spiral staircase. Somewhere ahead of them an older student laughed, sending a ripple of echos through the halls, causing one fiery-haired girl to shiver before whispering something to the blond girl next to her. Soon enough, the floor leveled out and they stepped into a large room with a lower ceiling. Here, the torches began to take on a greenish hue, signaling that they were approaching the Slytherin common room. Across the room was a wide stone staircase leading further down, while the walls were lined with doors and shadowy passageways.

Ella peered about curiously, fiddling with the delicate silver ring on her right hand. "I wonder where they all lead..." she murmured softly, half to herself but loud enough for Alixander to hear. Most of the first years had been silent for the majority of the walk, probably taking in the sights of their new home. James lead the group of younger students down the wide steps, which ended in a short hallway with ostensibly no other exit. He strode confidently towards the stone wall in front of them and stopped just in front of it. "Basilisk," he stated simply. A moment passed where nothing happened, and then the entire wall swung inward, revealing the long-awaited Slytherin common room.

I DON'T SEEM OBVIOUS, DO I?
Overdose Of Chemicals:
User Image
"I could fester in your arms, Dear..."

╔════════════════╗
xxTest Subject #4452xx
╚════════════════╝

Kazuhiko Costello

"...only say the word. </3"

Kazuhiko was left standing at the edge of the forest, staring after the troubled girl as she disappeared into the trees. Just before she turned around and bolted, he had caught a glimpse of the look in her eyes. A look that pleaded with him not to follow. As much as he wanted to know she was okay, he knew that what she needed now was time alone to clear her head. He had watched as the forest had swallowed her whole, and now he placed a hand lightly on the bark of the nearest tree. Watch over her. And with that he turned away.

The eastern end of the campus was quiet, with most of the students preferring to stay closer to the main buildings on the first day in their new home. Kazuhiko walked slowly through the miniature city, his footsteps echoing softly off the brick paved streets as he followed the stream back towards the front gates. As he neared the bakery once more, he noticed a broken vending machine nearby that he had missed earlier. Walking over to it, he reached a hand inside and pulled out a Dr. Pepper, popping the tab and taking a sip. It was slightly warm, but he continued drinking it anyways as he headed in the direction of the bakery.

Although his original reason for leaving the forest was to unpack his things, the thought of being cooped up inside his room no longer appealed to him after the afternoon's events. So instead he walked over to a bench in front of the bakery and sat down, closing his eyes against the sun's penetrating rays. Kazuhiko took another sip of his soda without opening his eyes, wondering if he would see Kestrel again before classes started. Opening his eyes, he pulled out the pay-as-you-go cell phone he had purchased a few days before leaving for Danaurus. The only number in it was that of his most recent foster parents. He stared at the number for a long time before finally hitting the delete button. The display on the flip phone stared back at him. "NO CONTACTS"

He sighed, closing the phone and slipping it back into his pocket as he questioned his motivation for buying it in the first place. It had seemed like something a normal high school student would have, not that he had ever been normal. Surprisingly, a small amused chuckle escaped Kazuhiko's slightly parted lips. "Maybe I'll actually have some numbers logged by the end of the semester," he said to himself, thinking that he would have to ask Kestrel for her number the next time he saw her.

[Location: Bench in front of the Bakery]
[
Companion:
none]
[
Class:
1-A]
[
Dorm:
157]

Owls Only Cough:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
εllɑ Svɑʈos☁
۵Location: Campus Grounds
۵Companion: Selkie

HONESTY OR MYSTERY?

Ella laughed wholeheartedly at Selkie's comment about Thurkell's permanent new dye job. "You should consider becoming a hairdresser. I'm sure you could make your rent that way," she teased the Ravenclaw girl as they traipsed across the patchy snow strewn about the grounds. It was cold for this early in the fall, but stranger things had been known to happen at Hogwarts. Like the time she and Alixander had stumbled across those two wizards deep in conversation in a forgotten corner of the dungeons their first year. They had been speaking in hushed, urgent tones until one of the children made a small noise, at which point they immediately stopped, wands at the ready as they began their search for the source of the sound. Fortunately, the two young Slytherins had managed to make their way through the winding corridors, breathlessly arriving back at the dormitories. Ella had never seen those mysterious wizards since that night, so long ago, though the experience had made her more careful in her exploration of the castle. Though nothing major had happened since the Train Children case three years ago, it seemed that even Hogwarts had cracks in its barriers.

"Trust me, once you've been to one you can pretty much skip all the rest," she replied to Selkie's questions about the galas of high society with a roll of her eyes. "It's just a way for the rich to show off and attempt to one-up one another." Her friend hardly seemed to be listening however, instead peering about in search of the others now that Glomer's hut was within view. A soft touch upon her arm was all it took for the girl to still her lips, their silent code for "trouble's about to start." Seeing the gleam in Selkie's eyes in the dying light of dusk, she knew her friend must be up to something and, sure enough, she soon bolted off into the darkness with hardly a rustle of her feet upon the frosted grass. Ella took her time, gracefully strolling over to the groundskeeper's cozy little cabin as she watched the events unfold before her. It seemed that the eccentric bubblegum-haired girl wasn't the only one who thought the appropriate response to seeing a friend for the first time in months was to tackle them head-on.

Stepping up next to where Selkie was apparently attempting to strangle Damien, Ella allowed herself another small smile, the glint in her blue eyes hinting at thinly veiled laughter. Damien's gaze caught her own, and for a moment she almost thought there was something off about the color of his eyes... But an instant later they flashed over towards where Jacob had walked up to Alixander, and Ella decided that she must have been mistaken. It was rather dark, after all. She almost didn't notice Bastien's presence until the boy held out a familiar ball of fluff to her. Now the laughter poured out from between her soft lips at the sight of him: rabbit in hand and snake coiled gently around his neck. "Bastien, you look like a zoo!" she managed to choke out in between laughs, speaking the exact words he had been thinking only a moment earlier. It may have been a while since the pair had seen each other, but they had spent enough time together over the years to know each others' manner of thinking. She hefted the large rabbit gently over one shoulder, cradling him close to her chest with both arms as she attempted to stifle the sporadic giggles that still managed to slip out every so often.

I DON'T SEEM OBVIOUS, DO I?
Overdose on Chemicals:
User Image
                                dont.break.me.User Image

So please believe me when I tell you that it hurts and that's okay.secrets.secrets.

The clock ticked out the time as the second hand wound its way around again, interrupted only by the sound of approaching footsteps. Elizabeth's dark green eyes watched Murdoc's every movement from the time he entered the room. Susan was all very much of the same, day in and day out, but this one--he was more interesting. His actions were more varied, his motivations less clear. She already knew that Susan liked to watch the static in-between channels because it reminded her of the ocean she used to live by as a young girl. That was pretty much all there was to know about Susan. Lost in a dream, created from memories of the past. It was sad, really. Not that any of it mattered to Elizabeth.

She was merely an observer, fascinated by the machinations of those around her, both successful and failed. Not that it wasn't fun to toss in a few words here and there, just to lead them in the right direction. Static days were boring. Life was meant to be experienced, felt, toyed with. What life could be worth living without stopping to admire the beauty of such a royally ******** up world? That was why she studied people, in admiration of how twisted and cruel they could be. Murdoc was no exception.

The clock continued with its monotonous tick tick ticking.

Apparently, he had decided to start off today being obnoxious. Elizabeth chose to ignore his rude comment about Kinotu, and instead play along with his little nuclear family game. "Daddy, please don't yell at mommy. You know she's been sick ever since doctor gave her those pills," she interjected in her best scared little-girl voice. Her sweetly innocent tone provided a sharp contrast to the gleefully vicious look in her eyes, locked on Murdoc's own. Her fingers had stilled their subconscious movement, hand slipping to drop down to her side. Tick, tick, tick. Kinotu looked up at her sharply, dark brown eyes narrowing ever so slightly, but Elizabeth didn't notice. It was playtime now, and nothing else mattered. The weatherman droned on, hardly registering in in her mind as anything more than another mundane annoyance. Susan showed no recognition of the channel being changed, her gaze still plastered to the screen as usual.

Kinotu let out a soft growl, his eyes shining with a quiet rage as he watched the interactions of his girl and this foul intruder. Tick, tick, tick. Elizabeth resisted the urge to glance down, realizing for the first time the impact her actions were having upon her counterpart. She would certainly hear about this later. Well, not hear precisely. Though he rarely spoke, he could be quite aggressive, even violent when the mood took him. She took up stroking his hair softly once more, a vain effort to placate her love. Tick.

That ******** clock was mocking her.

Tick, tick, tick...

It was worth it just to hear you smile.secrets.ezra.secrets.ezra.secrets.

回 Overdose on Chemicals: I'll just leave this here.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff