Welcome to Gaia! ::

Please do not post in this forum.

However, if you see a character that you would like to roleplay with, feel free to PM me.

My history: I started roleplaying on Furcadia when I was in elementary school, and have continued intermittently ever since. I am now 22, to give you an idea of how long it has been since then. I have no desire to be a professional writer, although I do take pride in my writing. Many of the previous roleplays that I have been in were: medieval fantasy, insane asylum, steam punk, zombie apocalypse, city-based, vampire/assorted demon (not so interested in these at the moment), anthropomorphic (hence Furcadia), and academy/school based (sometimes normal human, sometimes 'gifted').

"Literacy"/Commitment: Using the popular standards of ranking writing skills on Gaia, I would consider myself to be "literate." My average post length ranges from 3-6 solid paragraphs, depending on my inspiration and what my partner has given me to work with. I work five days a week, but I will definitely be able to post at least once a week. Most likely I will post twice a week. I hate when others disappear from roleplays, so, in the unlikely event that I cannot post for a while, I will be sure to let you know.

[Roleplay Samples]
User Image
                          ▪ My File Will Tell You...xxxxx
                          Ryan Lyn "Four" Singer
                          Full Image

Age →
                          twenty-seven
                          Gender → female

Extras → Stands around 5'6, slender with few curves, shoulder length dirty-blond hair, bright green eyes, and a southern accent. She has two tattoos, both cursive writing running along the outer bone in her forearms:
                          The brilliant release will be instant
                          I'm sorry it's the only way

▪ More Indepthxxxxx
                          Weapons →
                          Main: baseball bat
                          Secondary: hunting rifle
                          Other: whatever is laying around

Skills →
                          -1- Powerful swing with a bat.
                          -2- Can open a beer bottle with a lighter.
                          -3- Great climber.
                          -4- Mechanics.
                          -5- Decent shot with a rifle.

▪ My Historyxxxxx
                          Ryan Lyn was born and bred in the South, Wake Forest, North Carolina to be precise. A small town girl raised to be a Southern belle, she rebelled against her upbringing in the worst way possible--by being a tomboy. As a child, Ryan quickly grew tired of selling cookies and sewing in Girl Scouts, and instead followed her brother Cody's Cub Scouts troupe around like a tag-along. She even joined the Little League team with him as soon as she was old enough, earning her nickname Four from the time she hit four home-runs in one game at the age of twelve.

Though their parents abhorred her behavior, Cody looked after her and allowed her to join in with him and his friends when they were younger. Things changed when they got to high school though, and Cody began to distance himself from his "weird little sister" when he started noticing girls for the first time. Needless to say, the other girls her age considered Four to be a freak and avoided her whenever they weren't taunting her. There were a few boys from the baseball team who treated her like "one of the guys," but she had no close friends throughout high school. As soon as she got her own car she would make the four-hour drive to the Great Smoky Mountains every weekend. There she would hike and camp alone in the wilderness, preferring nature to the company of others.

After graduation, she went to the nearby university in Winston-Salem, as was expected of her by her parents, neither of whom had gone to college. After a semester though, she dropped out and moved to Chicago where she took odd jobs to support herself. Her brother married and started a family of his own in Wake Forest. The last time Four contacted her family was when she visited her hometown five years ago. When the Rage virus started taking over, the only one she worried about was her brother.
User Image
User Image

EXP NO.: #010
USER: desire to fight
NAME OF SUBJECT: Ember Matter
AREA OF BIRTH: Unknown
RACE: Human
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 5'1 / 100 lb.
EDUCATION/SKILLS: Immune to fire.
CELL SECTOR: 0
DATE OF ARREST: Born in the facility on 12/04/A285.

BIOGRAPHY
Ember was born in the facility and has thus never seen the light of day. The closest thing she has ever had to the light of the sun is fire, which she has been fascinated with ever since she was a child. This was why the scientists bestowed upon her the name Ember. The young girl's love of flames is what prompted the first major experiment on her, which was an attempt at making her immune to being burned. After injecting her with a prototype chemical, they placed her alone in a small, metal room with a grated floor and lit the burners beneath her. Several failed serums later, Ember now bears the burn scars on her arms and legs with pride, completely immune to the damage of flames. Delighted with the success of this project, the scientists continued frequent tests on the girl. She has only ever been to an area of the compound other than her cell sector or the research labs once. This was a trip to the office of a man Ember assumes was the head of the facility, after her first and only successful test.

EXPERIMENTAL HISTORY

(Previous pages have been filed elsewhere.)
Page 12
(4/17/A291): Fire Resistance Testing (Attempt 54)
Test Subject: #010 "Ember Matter" (Female, Age 5)
Subject number zero-one-zero given formula B871 and placed in fire containment chamber. The goal of this experiment is to create a subject that is completely resistant to burns from flame.
Results: Severe burns. Experiment failed.
Notes: One week recovery period advised.

(4/24/A291): Fire Resistance Testing (Attempt 55)
Subject number zero-one-zero given formula B872 and placed in fire containment chamber. The goal of this experiment is to create a subject that is completely resistant to burns from flame.

(5/1/A291): Fire Resistance Testing (Attempt 56)
Subject number zero-one-zero given formula B873 and placed in fire containment chamber. The goal of this experiment is to create a subject that is completely resistant to burns from flame.

(5/8/A291): Fire Resistance Testing (Attempt 57)
Subject number zero-one-zero given formula B874 and placed in fire containment chamber. The goal of this experiment is to create a subject that is completely resistant to burns from flame.
Results: Experiment success. Test subject completely unharmed.
Notes: Meeting with the chief advised.
(Further pages have been filed elsewhere.)
User Image
ғʋℓℓ иαмɛ: Ella Svatos
αɢɛ: eleven and a HALF, thank you very much
ɢɛи∂ɛя: female
ƨɛϰʋαℓ σяιɛитαтισи: straight
вℓσσ∂ℓιиɛ: pureblood
нσʋƨɛ: Slytherin
вαcκɢяσʋи∂: An only child, Ella was raised by her parents, Julia and Richard, in a house just outside of downtown London. She lived a rather comfortable life and was often left alone while her father and mother were at work. Strong-willed and independent, she spent a good deal of her childhood exploring the city with a small group of boys she convinced to go along with her. While not spoiled, Ella is used to getting her way and can come off as arrogant unless she chooses her words carefully, which she rarely does. Instead, she prefers to speak her mind, even to her parents. Her blunt honesty has gotten her into trouble on various occasions, but her cunning usually ends up saving her skin at the last moment.

✘ ✘ ✘ ✘ ✘ ✘ ✘

xxxxxxUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´L E T S G E T D O W N T O T H E B AS I C S .¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´

xxx MY NAME IS ✔

xxx Ella Svatos

xxx ACCORDING TO THE CALENDAR, I AM ✔

xxx Fourteen

xxx I'M PRETTY SURE I'M ATTRACTED TO ✔

xxx Guys

xxx I AM A ✔

xxx Pure Blood

██████████████████ L E T S D I G D E E P E R ↘

xxx SO YEAH, MY LIFE STORY ★

xxx Ella took to being a Slytherin immediately, falling in love with the constant mind games and word manipulation. It provided her a constant challenge with never a dull moment, perfect for the highly intelligent troublemaker. As such, her interests gradually began to shift from playing childish pranks (particularly on Bastien) to twisting her speech in order to play mind games on others. They were usually harmless and she tried to always speak the truth, merely in a misleading manner. While most often well-meaning, she sometimes comes off as being haughty or cruel. Ella, while far less blunt than she was when she was younger, will still be upfront in certain situations, like when she thinks that something is obvious and doesn't understand why others just aren't getting it. Over the years of dragging Bastien around on her adventures, Ella has developed a small crush upon her childhood friend, though she has yet to admit it even to herself. If questioned about it, she becomes very flustered and blushes profusely, which rarely happens otherwise. She can often be found wandering the grounds, either alone or deep in conversation with Selkie.

xxx MY LIKES ♡
              xxx
              - Twisting the truth
              - Being outside
              - Knowing secrets

xxx MY DISLIKES ✘
              xxx
              - Getting caught
              - Being bored
              - Others harassing her friends

CONTROLLED BY

xxx desire to fight

Wand: 9 and 3/4 inch Acacia, rigid with a fox fur core
╔════════════════╗
xxTest Subject #4452xx
╚════════════════╝
xxxxxxxxxxKazuhiko Costello
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx» The Inquisitive Student

User Image

"Knowledge is power."

Identification

Name: Kazuhiko

Birthday: March 17th

Orientation: Straight

Class: 1-A

Dorm: 157

Details

Looks can be deceiving sometimes... Kazuhiko prides himself on remaining calm in all situations. His thirst for knowledge is matched only by his love of peace and quiet. Most of his free time is spent reading out in the woods or exploring underground. Upon first meeting someone, he is polite, if slightly distant. He believes in respecting all people until or unless given a reason not to. He also is of the opinion that pity and admiration are more detrimental than anything else, and thus one should strive to neither look down upon nor idolize any one individual.

I might look normal, but I'm not... Kazuhiko has the ability to see in complete darkness.

Even the greatest heroes have their flaws... Kazuhiko is completely hopeless when it comes to human emotions. Any expression of affection makes him feel extremely uncomfortable and sends him into a mild panic attack. He has trouble showing emotion and expressing how he feels, as well as understanding others' emotions.

It might not look like it, but I've been through a lot... Abandoned by his parents on the steps of a Catholic orphanage, Kazuhiko was raised by strict nuns from the day he was born until the age of nine. At the orphanage, the children were beaten violently for even the slightest infraction. If they were to cry while being punished, their punishment was increased. Therefore, it was literally beaten into Kazuhiko at a very young age that showing emotion or weakness is unacceptable. Though he was raised by nuns, he hasn't the slightest interest in anything related to religion. From the time he turned nine he was passed from foster home to foster home until he was sent away to Danaurus Academy.

Extras

There are some things I bet you can't do... These include: cooking, climbing, hacking computer terminals, reading extremely fast, and bird calling.

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about... No-one.

Exploring.
Heights.
Staring up at the night sky.

Dislikes:
Loud noises.
People who refuse to learn.
Rambunctious small children.
People who are needlessly rude to others.

One last thing... Kazuhiko has been fascinated by the paranormal and the occult since the age of eleven when he found an old leather-bound book in the library. He has since read everything he can on the subject.

The one responsible for all of my actions is... desire to fight
User Image
Username: desire to fight

My Name Is: Jaime Leoparte (Nickname: Leo)

I Live In This Section Of The City: The Underground

My Race Is: Human

I'm Labeled: Outspoken

I Make A Living Off Of: Bartending

Here Is What You Should Know About My Past: Leo was raised by her father in the Underground after her mother died. Her father was a demon who had tried to turn his wife into one with him, refusing to believe that she would die within days of her transformation. After her death, he raised Leo on his own, teaching her the ways of the streets and how to defend herself in a fight. He had been a powerful man in the Underground, but the years of guilt over his wife's death eventually took their toll on him. When Leo was 14, her father got himself into a fight he knew he had no chance of winning and, consequently, was killed. On her own since that day, Leo spent a few years on the streets before taking up bar tending when she turned 18. Though he was the only family she remembers, she hardly thinks of him now. His death came as no surprise to her. In the Underground people die. This is just a fact of life.

Parents: Alfonse and Emily Leoparte [both deceased]

I Like:
▻Experimenting with making new drinks
▻Getting into fights
▻Graffiti
▻Speaking my mind

Get That Away From Me:
◅Whores
◅Rich snobs
◅Buzz-kills
◅Others rifling through my bag

I Would Also Like To Add: Leo always carries her pistol on her at all times, along with a knife strapped to each forearm underneath her shirt. She got the leopard print tattoo on her stomach and side when she was 16, to commemorate her namesake. She always wears midriff-showing outfits to make sure it is visible. Leo has a multitude of scars from fights and scuffs, and she is proud of every single one.
User ImageName: Alphonse Leoparte
Race: Demon

Wife: Emily Leoparte [deceased]
Daughter: Jaime Leoparte

Biography: Alphonse was the leader of a crime syndicate deeply rooted in the Underground's society. Even today, his name is known throughout the rougher areas of Venicia. His wife, Emily, was a human woman who was seven years younger than him. She took ill as a child and, though she eventually got better, has been rather frail and delicate ever since. In an attempt to strengthen his beloved wife, Alphonse took it upon himself to perform a risky blood transfusion on her with some of his own demonic blood. Unfortunately, the operation failed miserably and ended in the death of Emily. Since then, he threw himself into his work, still caring for his daughter Jaime but becoming rather distant. His syndicate expanded greatly over the next few years, but the years of guilt over his wife's death eventually took their toll on him. At the age of 53, Alphonse got himself into a fight he knew he had no chance of winning and, consequently, was killed.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Name: Elaine
Race: Human
Side: I survive any way I have to.
Job: Hired hand
Weapons: A hunting knife tucked into each boot and her family heirloom shortsword at her hip, made of highly coveted Spanish steel. She prefers blades to guns, because bullets run out.
Abilities: Expert at picking pockets
Short Bio.: Essentially nocturnal, Elaine wanders the streets at night looking for anyone with a job for her. When there's no work to be found, her skilled hands manage to steal enough to scrape by a meager living on the dead end streets of this wrecked city. She tends to keep her nose out of other persons' business, which is how she's managed to survive so far, along with her skills in fighting. She often sleeps outside, changing locations every day, unless she can afford a room for a few hours.
User Image
My name is Samuel Thomas Alden.
I am a wizard.
I belong to the great House of Slytherin.
My heritage is Pureblood and I am very proud of it.
My wand is made up of: 11 inch elm with a centaur mane hair core.
My pet is a cat named Silva.

My Life So Far...
The Alden family puts an exceptional amount of importance on appearances, and thus Samuel and his elder brother Charles were raised to be the perfect children, at least in the eyes of society. Truly his parents are content as long as the two brothers act the part in front of company and in public, but Charles seems to excel at the role he was allotted in life. Samuel is another story. Being forced to socialize with "polite society" at parties and dinners ever since he was old enough to walk and speak, he now detests the company of others. The idea of living in an enormous castle that is sure to have a plethora of vacant rooms and empty halls sounds like a haven to Samuel, especially with his new companion Silva at his side. Upon his eleventh birthday one December, along with his Hogwarts acceptance letter, Samuel received the silver tabby kitten as a gift from his parents.

He is reasonably intelligent although he has difficulties with some subjects, particularly Potions. He is a good writer with lovely penmanship and can often be seen scrawling contemplatively into a black, leather-bound notebook with his favourite eagle-feather quill.
People say I'm... Distant, although it helps that he doesn't tend to associate with other wizards very often. Samuel much prefers the company of animals. When conflict or drama arises, he will often just stare blankly at the offending party until they become uncomfortable and walk away. If this does not work, he may occasionally take up his wand in a duel or exchange harsh words with whoever is disturbing him.
One More thing... Silva is rarely far from his side, and often takes to perching upon his shoulder, although she naps in Samuel's bed whenever he is in class.
My Puppeteer is: desire to fight
User Image
My name is Tara Kanae Hopper
I am a witch.
I belong to the great House of Ravenclaw.
My heritage is Half-blood and I don't care.
My wand is made up of: 8.5 inch hemlock with a Hippogriff feather core.
My pet is a owl named Stockholm.

I look like...
Long blond hair with bright blue eyes.
My Life So Far...
-parents divorced; mum noble pure-blood and father muggle commoner
-younger half-siblings that she took care of while her father worked
-lived with her father until her mother decided she wanted a daughter to show off and inherit her estate

People say I'm... Motherly, introverted.
One More thing...
My Puppeteer is: desire to fight
User Image
Hello, My name is: Takeki
I have lived this long: looks 16, actually 18
Guess what: Takeki drifts back and forth between reality and unreality. She has trouble maintaining her grip on reality, and therefore takes any chance she gets to prove to herself that something, or someone, is real.
I am assigned to this room: Single Room #4
I guess I like:
✓ She enjoys the feel of trailing her fingers lightly along rough-hewn stone walls.
✓ She often picks up objects to press them softly against her lips.
✓ Takeki considers blood beautiful, and has what others would consider to be a morbid obsession with this basis of life.
✓ She enjoys the presence of people who are able to stay stay calm regardless of the situation; being around this type of person relaxes her.
I definitely don't like:
✗ Loud noises make her cringe.
✗ Crowds of people tend to make her nervous and panicky, which sends her into a fit of unreality.
✗ The thought of losing the necklace she constantly wears fills her with dread.
✗ Although she wanders around often touching inanimate objects, she greatly fears any contact with people unless she trusts them.
Someone called out a name... it said: desire to fight
User I.D.: desire to fight
I.D.: Katsumi Mikael
Sex: Male
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Bio: Mikael was diagnosed with schizophrenia when he was 13 and was sent to a juvenile facility for the mentally unstable. He remained there for two years, managing to convince the doctors that he was ready to be released at the age of 15. The night he returned home, he killed his parents. He ran off and managed to live on the streets, avoiding the police until he was 17. Due to the fact that he was two months away from coming of age, he was tried as an adult and convicted of murder on 5 counts, having been proved guilty of at least 3 other murders since he disappeared. When asked why he killed his parents, he merely replied that the demon told him to do it, and showed no signs of remorse whatsoever. His mental disorder allowed him to avoid prison, just barely, and he has been transferred from one asylum to the next ever since. Mikael is quite blunt in his speech and mannerisms, not caring what others think of him. He wasn't put on this earth to impress others, he was put here to enjoy earthly pleasures. He finds amusement in the pain of others, particularly if he is the one causing it. He claims that it "pleases The Demon." Although dominant and controlling towards others, Mikael is completely submissive to the Demon in his mind.
Criminal History: His schizophrenia has degenerated his mental structure to believing there is another entity inside him; this, Mikael calls “The Demon.” He feels no remorse for anything he has done when under the influence of “The Demon.” He has killed at least 5 people since the age of 15.
Sentence: Life sentence.
Psychological Profile: [Pending Examination]
Psychological Condition: [Pending Examination]
Security Risk: VI of X
Appearance:
User Image

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alternate Information:

Abilities: Mikael has the ability to control his blood. Any small wound upon his person allows him access to this power, which is to control the movement and shape that his blood take on. He often uses it as a weapon, such as a long blade or projectile, which is how he murdered his victims. As such, he has no need to carry any outside weapon on him and, in fact, sneers at those who have to use such primitive weapons. He is extremely proficient in using this ability, but cannot keep it up for extended periods of time due to the fact that it exhausts his physical state.
User Image

εzra

Come hard through the fog blindfolded and bound
Till we stand at the edge of a hole in the ground
We hold hands and we jump and as we fall we sing
Paupers heralding the walls of the castle going to meet the king

Never sleep, remember to breathe deep
Never sleep, remember to breathe
Breathe deep
Crash in from deep space shot birds falling fast
Who will be there to catch us in his jaws
When we arrive alive at last?
I can't hear you in the dark
Wish I knew where you'd gone
Know you're there, off in the shadows somewhere
Try to soldier on

Breathe deep and breathe humbly

Secure your mouthpiece when you can
Toxic shapes adorn the walls
As we rise from our knees
Someone's coming to reward us, you wait and see
Or crush us both like fleas
Breathe deep

[The Mountain Goats - "Beautiful Gas Mask"]
User Image

Patient Name → Elizabeth Gottlieb
                                Age → 18, but looks 16
                                Gender → Female
                                Sexual Orientation → Straight

Diagnosis: Schizophrenia, Sadomasochism
                                Patient History: It started out small. When Elizabeth was laying in bed at night she began to sense a calming presence in the corner of the room above her head. Approximately a year after this began, she had named the presence Kinotu and called "him" her Dark Angel, though at this point she considered him genderless. Kinotu developed a form, sometimes choosing to manifest outside of Elizabeth, and occasionally merging his form with hers, but he often resided as a calm presence in her mind. Since she never spoke of him, neither her parents nor anyone else she knew realized that the girl had been seeing hallucinations since she was a young child. The beautiful boy inside her head is the only one she trusts completely, and she detests physical contact with anyone she doesn't trust. Her parents, of course, dismissed any strange allusions to her protector as an imaginary friend, and eventually Elizabeth stopped talking about him. Instead, she was committed to the institution for an entirely different reason.

Elizabeth has always had what others might call a "morbid" fascination with blood, at least as far back as she can remember. Having little concern for her own safety, she often wound up scraped and bruised as a child, having no regard for any physical pain she caused herself. Instead, she was merely intrigued with her own injuries, particularly those that bled. As she grew older, she began to harm herself in order to bring forth the beautiful blood that poured from her veins, inducing fits of ecstasy that left her with an even looser grip on reality. Elizabeth sees blood as beautiful and believes that insanity is bliss. Her curious interests even extended to bruises and other forms of injury, so long as they would cause her pain. Her favourite place to cut and bite quickly became the skin just inside her lower lip. When she was sixteen, her parents eventually noticed that Elizabeth was hurting herself. Not wanting to face the truth, they shipped their daughter off to Brookefield Mental Institution without even confronting her. There she has been housed for the past two years.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff