Welcome to Gaia! ::

honestly i have no one favorite color because they're all meh alone but blue black and black white are my favorite combinations

Indulgent Faun

7,150 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Wall Street 200
Me....hmmmm. I can't really say that I can choose a single color, but when it comes to Commander it has to be mono red. If you're asking a combination of colors, then it will have to be colorless with a splash of all five colors, you are getting the best of all worlds, specially when it's an artifact deck. Right now, I'm doing pretty good with my red/white/black, that I made from two draft decks from the current two sets, when I can get it up and going that is.

Indulgent Faun

7,150 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Wall Street 200
Silvia Crow
from blue to
Silvia Crow
Mono-Green for mana-ramping-bigass-monster shenanigans.
Blue-Artifact for "Okay I'm ********' DONE ******** around".

I'm also looking at making a few Alara-color decks. Got a Naya one planned out that uses Splinter Twins, Emrakul's Hatchers and Soul's Attendants.

Oh, my wife has a blue-artifact deck. I hate playing against it almost as much as she hates playing against goblins (does anyone else call them "gobboes" wink . Funny story -- neither of us typically play gobboes, but I built a gobbo deck just to see what we had to work with and to have a good weenie rush to test against. Now gobboes are her most hated deck, and I haven't even added our recently acquired Krenko yet. I fear my rats might have fallen behind the curve and lie in need of tweeking.

Um...I think I went off the rails there. Where was I? Ahh, yes. I was supposed to be expressing my hatred of blue-artifact. RrrRawr!

Nah man, my Blue Artifact deck is simply nightmarish. Like I've had people sift through the cards then look at me and go "Dude this is ******** up".

Here's the short of it: The only non-critical creatures you have are some blue wizards that fetch artifacts, the only instants are there to fetch artifacts. The big players are Composite Golem and Nim Deathmantle. Get those out (the Urza lands help a lot here) and you have an infinite mana combo for all five colors. Now take that mana and funnel it into, say, a Legacy Weapon, throw out a Dross Scorpion and a Keening Stone, or a Door to Nothingness.
Don't know if you have one, but Darksteel Forge is a good card to keep your artifacts from being destroyed, unless you're going against a deck that happened to have an Eldrazi card in it that has Annihilator, then you might be in trouble regardless of having artifacts with indestructible.
(sorry for double posting.)

Timid Sweetheart

14,450 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • 50 Wins 150
Kiwani_Fire_Demon
Me....hmmmm. I can't really say that I can choose a single color, but when it comes to Commander it has to be mono red. If you're asking a combination of colors, then it will have to be colorless with a splash of all five colors, you are getting the best of all worlds, specially when it's an artifact deck. Right now, I'm doing pretty good with my red/white/black, that I made from two draft decks from the current two sets, when I can get it up and going that is.

Mono-red EDH can be a lot of fun, especially now that Feldon of the Third Cane exists.

Indulgent Faun

7,150 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Wall Street 200
IntrinsicallyAwesome
Kiwani_Fire_Demon

Mono-red EDH can be a lot of fun, especially now that Feldon of the Third Cane exists.
I got the 2014 red Commander deck. I'm so glad I got that one for Christmas than the white one with the white Planeswalker. I boardwiped my friends about two or three times in my first Commander game. They got irritated very easily, and I was able to get my Commander Planeswalker out first and easily. Don't know his name unless I get my deck out, I know that he's a gobblin Planeswalker.

Timid Sweetheart

14,450 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • 50 Wins 150
Kiwani_Fire_Demon
IntrinsicallyAwesome
Kiwani_Fire_Demon

I got the 2014 red Commander deck. I'm so glad I got that one for Christmas than the white one with the white Planeswalker. I boardwiped my friends about two or three times in my first Commander game. They got irritated very easily, and I was able to get my Commander Planeswalker out first and easily. Don't know his name unless I get my deck out, I know that he's a gobblin Planeswalker.

The EDH deck I use the most has a lot of boardwipes in it, my friends don't like it when I boardwipe for no reason. But they don't mind as much when I do it strategically.
I'd definitely suggest switching out your commander for a legendary creature if you're still using the red planeswalker as your commander. You can really step up your game that way.

Indulgent Faun

7,150 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Wall Street 200
IntrinsicallyAwesome
Kiwani_Fire_Demon
IntrinsicallyAwesome
Kiwani_Fire_Demon

The EDH deck I use the most has a lot of boardwipes in it, my friends don't like it when I boardwipe for no reason. But they don't mind as much when I do it strategically.
I'd definitely suggest switching out your commander for a legendary creature if you're still using the red planeswalker as your commander. You can really step up your game that way.
I occasionally do, but it's annoying when people that I play against use like Purphoros(I think I missed spelled his name) or Thassa as their Commander. I have a Black/Blue mill Commander deck in the works though. I only have Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker as the only legendary creature at the moment that I can use as my Commander. The two cards that I have that will really get people irritated at me, and want to kill me first, especially if I can ultimate one of them, is Jace, Memory Adept, and Jace, Mind Sculptor or just want to kill me because it's a mill deck.(It's the From the Vault: Twenty, not the Worldswake verison, which I am not putting into the deck until I get proper card sleeves and a deck box to put the deck in.)

Timid Sweetheart

14,450 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • 50 Wins 150
Kiwani_Fire_Demon
IntrinsicallyAwesome
Kiwani_Fire_Demon
IntrinsicallyAwesome
Kiwani_Fire_Demon

I occasionally do, but it's annoying when people that I play against use like Purphoros(I think I missed spelled his name) or Thassa as their Commander. I have a Black/Blue mill Commander deck in the works though. I only have Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker as the only legendary creature at the moment that I can use as my Commander. The two cards that I have that will really get people irritated at me, and want to kill me first, especially if I can ultimate one of them, is Jace, Memory Adept, and Jace, Mind Sculptor or just want to kill me because it's a mill deck.(It's the From the Vault: Twenty, not the Worldswake verison, which I am not putting into the deck until I get proper card sleeves and a deck box to put the deck in.)

People get annoyed when I run Karametra as my commander, but that ramp is amazing.
Mirko Vosk is a really good choice for a Mill commander, be careful though Mill can get derailed really easily by a single eldrazi.

Indulgent Faun

7,150 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Wall Street 200
IntrinsicallyAwesome
Kiwani_Fire_Demon
IntrinsicallyAwesome
Kiwani_Fire_Demon
IntrinsicallyAwesome
Kiwani_Fire_Demon

People get annoyed when I run Karametra as my commander, but that ramp is amazing.
Mirko Vosk is a really good choice for a Mill commander, be careful though Mill can get derailed really easily by a single eldrazi.
Oh, I know, but nobody accept for one has an a Eldrazi, but it's weird that they would include one in the 214 blue Commander deck.

Timid Sweetheart

14,450 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • 50 Wins 150
Kiwani_Fire_Demon
IntrinsicallyAwesome
Kiwani_Fire_Demon
IntrinsicallyAwesome
Kiwani_Fire_Demon

Oh, I know, but nobody accept for one has an a Eldrazi, but it's weird that they would include one in the 214 blue Commander deck.

I agree that it is weird that they put in there. But that's not one to be too worried about. One of my friends runs Ulamog and it wrecks games when it works. If he isn't facing a mill deck he'll sneak it into play using Elvish Pipers. Then he gets a bunch of sacrificed stuff when he follows up with cataclysm.

Benevolent Prophet

11,540 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
          My favorite color has to be Black. It has removal, hand disruption, board disruption and even counter spells! I currently have a mono-black modern deck that runs Thoughtsieze, Inquisition of Kolizek, Phyrexian Obliterator and various sacrifice outlets. Also Liliana Vess is the best planeswalker around.

As for color combinations I prefer Sultai (BUG). It's the perfect blend of countermagic, removal, and mana ramp. Especially with Tasigur and Reaper of the Wilds. It also gives access to Ashiok and Kiora for planeswalkers.
white for life 3nodding 3nodding
Green for Naya.
- cat_mrgreen
Azorius (Blue White)

Lifegain and Control 3nodding
Blue, because it's a soothing and relaxing color to the eyes biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers