Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Hello and welcome!

The rules and guidelines have been updated. Please be sure to read it over!

Quote:
Shops

I love things like the concert ticket.
I love that we get double chances with it.

I HATE that we don't get given the time when double chances end.
Please, I would really appreciate if when you double, or more, the chances of something being won that you have a countdown timer on the announcement like you have in the past.
And if not, then at the very very least PLEASE have a time listed as to when the increased chances end.

That is definitely something we can implement in the future!

Quote:
Events/Items

Could we have a CrosStitch contest in which we could draw some backgrounds?

Full ones, partial ones (like the window in the Owl Study), borders (like the Noel's Gift golden frame or the Art Nouveau inspired lovely flower circles), shapes (like Cafe Miam, Innocent Capri, Purrsuasion Play, Volant Reverie.... ovals), fancy re-shaping (like Forest Brier, Dark Omen, Restful Reverie or that graffiti one which my memory currently fail to remember...) or just some background accessories (chairs, tables, flowers & plants...).

Yes, we can consider this for a future CrosStitch contest! It will definitely bring out the most artistic Gaians.

Quote:
Features/Items
??? I don't know where this falls.

I would like clarification on Verge's SDPlus box rules. The rules state that for the second pose, we cannot make our doll be a pet or an animal and that it must be our avatar. Does this mean we cannot have one pose our human avatar and the other pose our animal avatar?

Also, can we make SDPlus dolls for Paws? Or are they only for human use?

The doll cannot be a pet or an animal meaning you cannot use the second pose of the box to create a custom pet companion, such as that of a CI rare pet like you would be able to get with a Ruby Ticket. The second doll can and is encouraged to be your paw avatar! However, the entire doll item needs to be equippable for either human or for paw bases. You unfortunately can't have one pose be for humans and one pose be for animals, so please choose one or the other. Hope that helps!

Quote:
Feature

Can we get an update for the Overseer at the Aquarium?

You have given an update for the Booty Grab.

What kind of update? Item grant update? If so, yes we can.

Quote:
Features

Inventory Arranger Question: Is there any chance someone is working on a code patch to fix to items randomly moving to the end when one is trying to organize their inventory? I've had this problem since the beginning, and it's one of the main reasons why I'm not using the new feature.

This was fixed late last week.
Ask the Staff Rules & Guidelines

1. Please keep your posts constructive.
    Posts that are overly abusive towards management, staff or other members of the community will be deleted without warning. Gaian's who are overly negative in Ask the Staff may be permanently removed from participation in this and future events.

2. One question per post.
    Please only ask one question in your post. Asking more than one question in your post may result in your post getting skipped for not following this.

3. Repeat posts will be deleted.
    Please only post your question once. Repeated posting of the same question multiple times on the same day may result in the additional posts being deleted or in your loss of being able to post to the thread. This is to help keep the noise in the thread down and allow questions by others to be seen.

4. Do not post support issues.
    Do not post issues regarding account bans, billing issues, warnings, and other support issues. Instead, please file a ticket about them at our Help Center. Questions about support issues may result in your post getting skipped.

5. Not all questions will be answered.
    There are a few reasons why a question might not be answered. Here are some of the most common reasons why that happens:

There are questions that are asked that have been asked and answered previously and the answer given there hasn't changed, therefore we don't answer that.

There are questions that we simply do not have an answer to at the moment.

There are questions asked in a format other than the one that we recommend you post in.

6. The thread may get locked periodically.
    Should the thread posts grow faster than we can handle, we may temporarily lock the thread while we catch up. We will post if the lock is because of us catching up, or due to the event being over.

7. Item suggestions and requests.
    Questions specifically asking for item requests will be tipped to let you know they've been seen! They may not be responded to individually in the interest of getting to other questions. You may also post your item request and suggestions in the Item Request Thread in Site Feedback!
Questions should follow the following format...

[b]Question Category[/b]

Question

The categories are:

• Art
  • Items
  • Features
  • Games
  • Shops
  • Events
  • Manga

Spoopy Specter

Shops?

Ok, so back on Dec 8th, I asked a question and I was just wondering when this was actually going to happen? o-o We are entering late January now. I really love the idea of Loyal's, but I feel like no effort is being put into it and it makes me kinda sad. sad Are we planning on seeing the update with items and a RIG this month or are we still waiting?
User Image

Also, hi.

EDIT:
I'd also like to say goodbye to Reapersun. I am going to definitely miss seeing you around Gaia, as well as your artwork. I am glad you will still be somewhat with us with the manga. smile Good luck in the future and I am sure you will do amazingly.

Legendary Samurai

79,625 Points
  • Achievement Hunter 500
  • Bushido 500
  • Cheesehead 500
Features

Will there be more achievements that don't involve events or goldsinks?

I have a petition thread that has ideas for different achievements.

I have an idea for the points that we get from achievements. We could maybe use them to get more outfit slots. Or we could use points to be able to sell more items in the mp at one time.

Thanks for takin' the time for readin' my post. Any answers or feedback would be great. biggrin

Sublime Gardener

Items
      Yes, I'm back to wreak havoc with the same totally insane, long-winded question. You're probably not even surprised anymore. I'd ask if you have this post memorized, but I know it's only one question per post and I'm not that curious. (Attempting for the tenth consecutive week! I will also be hitting below the emotional belt towards the end, as usual. Fair warning.) Sorry! It's only because I care about the community and love the site. (That means I love you, too, even it doesn't seem like it.)

In response to my question at the ATS on 10/27/14 (Why can’t you remove gold generators?), you said that the major reason for not removing them was that gold generators are popular (read: people like them!) and that they help to fund your site. I have no quarrel with the second portion of this argument. I like this site and I would like for it to be here for many years to come.

I do, however, have to heartily disagree with the idea that people like gold generators. As I mentioned previously, the current statistic is that 90-92% of those polled (by Gaians) hate gold generators. (Many of these polls are linked here but I'm sure there are more recent ones that can be found quite easily.) That means that only 8-10% of your population likes them. There are multiple petitions begging for the removal of gold generators, here (2,560+ votes*) and here (1,730+ votes*) to list two of the larger ones. There are even two that I've seen asking for Gaia itself to be deleted or reset entirely. (I believe these threads were deleted.) More recently there was a poll here with people predicting Gaia’s imminent downfall (82.4% believe the outcome is either grim or destined for failure). Likewise, many users have vowed not to purchase GC until things change (though the OP isn’t editing her first post to reflect the numbers, there are ~172 pages of signatures). And, honestly, you can't go a day in the Gaia Community Discussion without seeing a post that essentially says "Hey, I've just returned from hiatus. What's going on with this ridiculous inflation?"

If you get a moment, please also check out the results of this related survey. Many of the comments reflect that we want gold generators to stop. (Other common points include hope for a greater focus on the community, less emphasis on the cash shop, and honest, more transparent communication with the user-base.)

So I don’t buy the premise that “people like them.” It could well be that people are buying them because they feel they have no other choice. Not everyone understands vending and not everyone has the patience for fishing. And, let’s face it: the output from the other games is worthless nowadays. (With the sole exception being Booty Grab.) Gold generators are pretty much the only way that some people have to get the items that they want on this site (if they want to pay with gold) and that’s not right, considering that they’re what wrecked the economy in the first place.

The actual question is this: Have you considered having a neutral third party conduct a survey requesting feedback on gold generators and feelings about the state of the site in general or hosting a poll of your own (without any cop-out neutral answers) and then sharing the results of that survey with us?

Your sales might reflect that these items are popular- but that might be for the reason I mentioned above. Or, worse, it could be because the item descriptions in the cash shop are vague and some people don’t know what they’re buying until after they open the item. It could be because they are usually on sale or have some sort of increased chance at the bonus prize. There are tons of conspiracy theories out there- I won't list them all. (I've wasted enough of your time.) Hosting a poll and having solid proof that you’re willing to share with the community could not only help to weaken one side’s argument (I don’t even care if it’s my side), it could also show the community that you care about our opinions and are genuinely willing to listen to us about matters other than recolors… something that some of us feel isn’t present at this particular moment. (If you frequent Site Feedback, that is, or if you take a look at that off-site poll.)

I understand that you're going to continue to sell these things regardless of whether or not we like them -- what I'm begging for here is for you to give us some sort of table-scrap, some little tidbit, to show us that you've heard and considered our feedback on this important matter. I do sincerely apologize if this comes across poorly but, as I said, I care about us, about this community, and this is one of those issues that a good many of us are deeply concerned about. We want to be heard, listened to. We want to know that you care about us. Your lack of response, of acknowledgement regarding this glaring issue, hurts everyone who wants to know that we still matter to you as more than a dollar sign.

Thanks in advance for any answer!

*Note that these signatures are not regularly counted and so I cannot account for the accuracy of these numbers, although I do check frequently.

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Items

What's the deal with Project Mini CI? It's a mystery if there's even a winning Pearl Ticket out there. Will we Gaians ever have the chance to see this mythical ticket -- or better yet, another shot at winning one?

Ruthless Hunter

75,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
”Tell me why am I still here when it’s all gone; I’m living with the ghost of yesterday
Tell me why am I still trying to hold on; I’ve got to tear it down to let it go”

Items
I noticed recently that the layering on the Shake a Leg mods was adjusted so they now work with skirts, pants, anklets and more; thank you for that, it's a great step forward in usability! heart

However, a lot of us are still hoping to one day get actual bare feet, like the ones in this thread; is anything like this in the works and if no, could it be considered, pretty please? emotion_kirakira

User Image

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Items

It's been half a year since you released the Prunny Fur and Diedrich Fur for Paws. When are you going to release a classic Grunny Fur in dark green?

Original Gaian

44,275 Points
  • Amateur Decorator 50
  • Skilled Decorator 100
  • Professional Decorator 250
events

when will the new voting kickstarter be released?

Ruthless Hunter

75,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
”Tell me why am I still here when it’s all gone; I’m living with the ghost of yesterday
Tell me why am I still trying to hold on; I’ve got to tear it down to let it go”

Items
Any chance we could get a re-release of Angelic furniture, especially the chairs and beds? The prices on those have been ridiculous, especially since several are needed for 3 of the wing quests~

User Image

Spoopy Specter

Pie
Items

What's the deal with Project Mini CI? It's a mystery if there's even a winning Pearl Ticket out there. Will we Gaians ever have the chance to see this mythical ticket -- or better yet, another shot at winning one?

I thought one had already been used (something about apples and shooting arrows or something). I might be mistaken! redface

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
BUGS/NPCS

Hi, staff! Way back during the first ATS, I asked about this list of bugged NPC accounts, and whether or not they could be repaired. I was told that they would be, but there's been no change. What's the status on that?

Sublime Gardener

Features

When it comes to the gifting feature, would you consider adding a picture of the person’s avatar (perhaps with an embedded link to their profile)? It would add an extra degree of security and help to stave off “Did I type in the username right?” jitters. Site Feedback thread: here.

Question being asked for ASHLEYASDFGH. (Not to step on Nenanah’s toes or anything.)
hello staff

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces