Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello everyone,

Two weeks feels like a long time here. How was your Labor Day weekend? And for those who are back in school, how's the new year so far? Better yet, how many of you are participating in the back to school event?

Welcome to ATA everyone!

Omnipresent Demigod

HDMI

~~~
Hello Admins & Staff. I want a hug >: (

My question this time, what is the difference between admin and admin lead? Who has moar powah!?!!!!!

Also, on behalf of the user: Zanethemayor who always asks about phoenix items but never really gets an answer, I signed his petition, and told him I'd ask this question on his behalf since I can soemtimes get on the first page, so there it is.

Will there be more phoenix items? lol

EDIT: OMGFFFF IM FINALLY FIRST! OMG OMG OMG!!!!! FIRST USER POST! THIS IS UNREAL!
I just want to thank the admins! the developers the FORUM ASSISTANTS AND THE MODERATORS! OH MY GOD YOU DONT EVEN HAVE TO ANSWER MY QUESTIONS IM SORRY!
crying crying crying crying I am so emotional right now! This will go on my profile eventually...
I LOVE YOU ALL!

PLZ HUG MEEEE!!!!

~~~

HDMI

Eloquent Cutie-Pie

17,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
really, gaia? really?
LEARN HOW TO READ A POLL. when almost half say NO, you don't count the neutrals as yes! NEUTRAL IS NEUTRAL. neutral is not yes!
we don't want your damn centering, even if it's not in the forums for now! centering is such a waste of space! plus, stupid fancy backgrounds increase load times on pages! think of those with bad connections!

on another note, why VIDEO ads for flash spaces? why not a big fat regular ad? that won't increase loading times much, but will still put extra money in your pocket.

on the other hand, YAY BRONIES!!!

EDIT: link to second rant after sisky responded

EDIT EDIT: like i said in the second rant, people are going to make addons and scripts to de-center the site.
domokun stargate

Obsessed Marshall

71,375 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • Marshall's Love 500
  • Conventioneer 300
o3o Hi Everyone

Legendary Samurai

79,625 Points
  • Achievement Hunter 500
  • Bushido 500
  • Cheesehead 500
User Image

Hello!
I just woke up a little while ago. I have a really bad cold, and I needed a nap.

Just the one thing tonight. Maybe down the road sometime we could have an I am pose for our custom dolls. That would be so cool in towns.

User Image
Good Evening Gaia Staff

This Week Ask the admin (09/09/2013) I have 9 Questions for you.
*important questions are in blue

Lanzer,Zero Omega, Siskataya,Uncle Kenny heart

During the period of Jan 01, 2011 to Jan 29, 2012
the Just added section Removal was Requested due its exploitation by Bots.
when the thread was about to be updated with very important information; saddly User Image, Uncle Kenny Locked it .
we even sent you reports after the incident in several occasions but you never opened our messages and sometimes when you did, you never replied back. last report was sent on July 2013

Now, im giving you Another very Good reason why the Just added section removal is a priority:

The Just added section is a Tool used by hackers to transfer items into other accounts.
also a feature (+code/scripts) that allows you to bypass the buying confirmation page and purchase the item within 2 seconds.
Anything that gives you an unfair Advantage over other users or bypasses any Gaia Feature is Forbidden!
According to Gaia online Term Of Service User Image
Under Section 4,16
Prohibited Conduct :
use bots on the site; buy, sell or trade Gaia gold for non-Gaia items (including cash) or vice versa; or attempt to hack or scam other members;
use site features for anything other than their intended purpose, including exploiting site glitches for personal gain;
You may not use Gaia Online in any manner that in our sole discretion could damage, disable, overburden, or impair it or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of Gaia Online.
You agree neither to modify Gaia Online in any manner or form, nor to use modified versions of Gaia Online
Rules & Guidelines
Botting. Using an automated script, macro, or refreshing feature to post or surf web pages in order to generate Gold is forbidden. The use of any software or codes to generate Gold without the need for you being in front of your computer is generally considered to be botting. Anyone suspected of botting will have their account banned.
6.- Respect the TOS: Encouraging or endorsing violations of our Terms of Service, or illicit activities in general, is not permitted.

Booty Grab bot, Auto Fisher, Dumpster Diver, zOMG bot,slots bot,Bid Blast Bot. Marketplace Bot
Daily chance grabber
I Rhaego i write down in stone that I'M Against all these Bots. and i will NEVER support ,encourage nor endorse its use in any way including the use of scripts to by-pass Gaia Features. It's a NO,no,NO.User Image

i Do NOT use them i have Never tested them.

get rid of the Just added Section as it was Requested 2 years ago and you will be sending a message to ALL Hackers and Scammers that Gaiaonline is a place where this kind of behaviour is Not tolerated

Firefox User Imagehas this feature, an add-on to by-pass certain areas when buying items & cancelling listings!

it doesnt work anymore when listing items because of the New pop-up (modal)
giving no choice to the seller but to enter their password manually like they're supposed to.
Since Gaia is allowing snipers to by.pass the password area when buying & cancelling listings already with the use of scripts ,
35.- what is really the point of having to confirm our vends with our "password" when no one is really using it.

some copy/paste it
some by-pass the password area with scripts.

36.- what percentage of vendors do really enter their password manually?

on a side note, the following was scheduled to be posted on a different AtA but with the recent incident in sitefeedback f.137 i have to say it now:

i have reported the Ignore System Flaws to uncle kenny
but i never got a response from him.

a) on OP's thread ignored posts are not deleted.

b) the annoying "Topic Block 27"

c) when ignoring, you still can see their name in forums as last post made by the ignored

d) apparently "Trolls" on your ignore list" can Upvote/downvote your threads.

e) by Reopening Forum Pulse you Can see all threads made by the users you are ignoring.

f) when OP of the thread ignores you everyone else still can see your posts, you get quoted,tipped in threads you are blocked from, resulting in a notification. what do you do when you are quoted but now all access to the thread is denied for you.?

g) Tip Jar feature/Recent Tippers. you still can see their names.

h) Marketplace, people on my Ignore list still can buy my items.

37.- isn't it supposed to be this ignore feature, a way to vanish people we dont like ?

User Image
the way i see it , the current Ignore System is like a "Black List feature" a list made to watch your enemys.
"there should be no list"

is it Allowed to ask your friends (433) to massively User Image vote a Thread chosen Randomly ?

is it Allowed to ask your friends (433) to massively User Image vote a Thread chosen Randomly ?

38.- Would it be possible to Disable Voting Topic by Default ?

39.- when have i ever downvoted a thread maliciously?

40.- have i ever abused or take advantage of any glitch on gaia?

41.- have i ever exploited any gaia feature to my advantage?

I was the one who inicially Filled out the firs Abuse Report against the downvoting feature because i felt deeply offended when "Users" started downvoting 4 of my threads maliciously.
All user who downvotes a Thread is doing it maliciously because One Downvote is a action that creates Negativity .

I personally would never complain if a person on my Ignore List, Up-voted all my Threads for no apparent reason .

By giving me a "warning" User Image you have acknowledged that Downvoting threads is considered an act of Trolling and abuse.

you have acknowledged that bypassing Any gaia feature ( such as the confirmation page when buying items) is Against the term of service.

Additional notes by Omni Moderator:
This has been removed as abuse, a violation of the Terms of Service.

If there is someone that is bothering you, please take steps to avoid them, such as leaving flash areas that they are in, and using your ignore list so they cannot post in your threads and leave comments on your profile.

This is the best suggest action as insulting, offending, causing disruption and attracting this type of negative attention will result in further penalties. This include threatening other users with bypassing the ignore list to downvote threads maliciously. That's unacceptable behavior.

Continuing to make actions against the Terms of Service will result in the ban of your account, and we wish to help you prevent this.

I recommend that you check out our Terms of Service and Rules & Guidelines to learn more about appropriate behavior on Gaia.

~Omni Moderator

Thank you for the reminder Omni Moderator.
in fact i could say that i have read the ToS at least 15 times during my time of being a member of Gaiaonline.

If it were easy to pm a Moderator, i'd certainly be asking them more often for rules clarifications.

Replied By Xya
x

Lonely Player

Hello admins how are you guys today ^u^.
Thanks for the cute little monkey in emerald dream.
My question is this......well towns 2 have the option to show as offline on the smart phone?(what if we don't want to be stalked)
http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a521/Brianmycerelistellingmesomething/fdgfder_zps56504ac0.png

Fashionable Nerd

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
♥ ♥

Will you let us know why you aren't coming to
NY Comic Con? I swear I donated enough to
pay for your plane tickets, hurr durr.

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I want to scream and shout and let it all out....about the dropping of bringing guilds inline with the main forums. But alas I understand that standardising the forums across gaia cannot be a prioty, and thus thanks for letting us know at least.

In other news, thanks for the brony group in the new event heart any chance of a update on how the percentages of each group are looking? ninja

Been too long since I have been able to make a ATA. Hope everyone is doing well.

Obsessed Marshall

71,375 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • Marshall's Love 500
  • Conventioneer 300
lanzer
Hello everyone,

Two weeks feels like a long time here. How was your Labor Day weekend? And for those who are back in school, how's the new year so far? Better yet, how many of you are participating in the back to school event?

Welcome to ATA everyone!
//brony time o3o

Familiar Lunatic

When is Narumi Misuhara posting his next journal entry?
Is muumuupie still working at Gaia? :O
Rhaego
Good Evening Gaia Staff

This Week Ask the admin (09/09/2013) I have 9 Questions for you.
*important questions are in blue

Lanzer,Zero Omega, Siskataya,Uncle Kenny heart

During the period of Jan 01, 2011 to Jan 29, 2012
the Just added section Removal was Requested due its exploitation by Bots.
when the thread was about to be updated with very important information; saddly User Image, Uncle Kenny Locked it .
we even sent you reports after the incident in several occasions but you never opened our messages and sometimes when you did, you never replied back. last report was sent on July 2013

Now, im giving you Another very Good reason why the Just added section removal is a priority:

The Just added section is a Tool used by hackers to transfer items into other accounts.
also a feature (+code/scripts) that allows you to bypass the buying confirmation page and purchase the item within 2 seconds.
Anything that gives you an unfair Advantage over other users or bypasses any Gaia Feature is Forbidden!
According to Gaia online Term Of Service User Image
Under Section 4,16
Prohibited Conduct :
use bots on the site; buy, sell or trade Gaia gold for non-Gaia items (including cash) or vice versa; or attempt to hack or scam other members;
use site features for anything other than their intended purpose, including exploiting site glitches for personal gain;
You may not use Gaia Online in any manner that in our sole discretion could damage, disable, overburden, or impair it or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of Gaia Online.
You agree neither to modify Gaia Online in any manner or form, nor to use modified versions of Gaia Online
Rules & Guidelines
Botting. Using an automated script, macro, or refreshing feature to post or surf web pages in order to generate Gold is forbidden. The use of any software or codes to generate Gold without the need for you being in front of your computer is generally considered to be botting. Anyone suspected of botting will have their account banned.
6.- Respect the TOS: Encouraging or endorsing violations of our Terms of Service, or illicit activities in general, is not permitted.

Booty Grab bot, Auto Fisher, Dumpster Diver, zOMG bot,slots bot,Bid Blast Bot. Marketplace Bot
Daily chance grabber
I Rhaego i write down in stone that I'M Against all these Bots. and i will NEVER support ,encourage nor endorse its use in any way including the use of scripts to by-pass Gaia Features. It's a NO,no,NO.User Image

i Do NOT use them i have Never tested them.

get rid of the Just added Section as it was Requested 2 years ago and you will be sending a message to ALL Hackers and Scammers that Gaiaonline is a place where this kind of behaviour is Not tolerated

Firefox User Imagehas this feature, an add-on to by-pass certain areas when buying items & cancelling listings!

it doesnt work anymore when listing items because of the New pop-up (modal)
giving no choice to the seller but to enter their password manually like they're supposed to.
Since Gaia is allowing snipers to by.pass the password area when buying & cancelling listings already with the use of scripts ,
35.- what is really the point of having to confirm our vends with our "password" when no one is really using it.

some copy/paste it
some by-pass the password area with scripts.

36.- what percentage of vendors do really enter their password manually?

on a side note, the following was scheduled to be posted on a different AtA but with the recent incident in sitefeedback f.137 i have to say it now:

i have reported the Ignore System Flaws to uncle kenny
but i never got a response from him.

a) on OP's thread ignored posts are not deleted.

b) the annoying "Topic Block 27"

c) when ignoring, you still can see their name in forums as last post made by the ignored

d) apparently "Trolls" on your ignore list" can Upvote/downvote your threads.

e) by Reopening Forum Pulse you Can see all threads made by the users you are ignoring.

f) when OP of the thread ignores you everyone else still can see your posts, you get quoted,tipped in threads you are blocked from, resulting in a notification. what do you do when you are quoted but now all access to the thread is denied for you.?

g) Tip Jar feature/Recent Tippers. you still can see their names.

h) Marketplace, people on my Ignore list still can buy my items.

37.- isn't it supposed to be this ignore feature, a way to vanish people we dont like ?

User Image
the way i see it , the current Ignore System is like a "Black List feature" a list made to watch your enemys.
"there should be no list"

38.- Would it be possible to Disable Voting Topic by Default ?

39.- when have i ever downvoted a thread maliciously?

40.- have i ever abused or take advantage of any glitch on gaia?

41.- have i ever exploited any gaia feature to my advantage?

I was the one who inicially Filled out the firs Abuse Report against the downvoting feature because i felt deeply offended when "Users" started downvoting 4 of my threads maliciously.
All user who downvotes a Thread is doing it maliciously because One Downvote is a action that creates Negativity .

I personally would never complain if a person on my Ignore List, Up-voted all my Threads for no apparent reason .

By giving me a "warning" User Image you have acknowledged that Downvoting threads is considered an act of Trolling and abuse.

you have acknowledged that bypassing Any gaia feature ( such as the confirmation page when buying items) is Against the term of service.

Additional notes by Omni Moderator:
This has been removed as abuse, a violation of the Terms of Service.

If there is someone that is bothering you, please take steps to avoid them, such as leaving flash areas that they are in, and using your ignore list so they cannot post in your threads and leave comments on your profile.

This is the best suggest action as insulting, offending, causing disruption and attracting this type of negative attention will result in further penalties. This include threatening other users with bypassing the ignore list to downvote threads maliciously. That's unacceptable behavior.

Continuing to make actions against the Terms of Service will result in the ban of your account, and we wish to help you prevent this.

I recommend that you check out our Terms of Service and Rules & Guidelines to learn more about appropriate behavior on Gaia.

~Omni Moderator

Thank you for the reminder Omni Moderator.
in fact i could say that i have read the ToS at least 15 times during my time of being a member of Gaiaonline.

If it were easy to pm a Moderator, i'd certainly be asking them more often for rules clarifications.

Like healing? Guess you better start since you're on my Champions of Light team now!

Sparkly Explorer

I like Gaia Online. I really do. Actually, I love this website. I've been apart of this website for approximately 10 years, and I was fifteen when I joined. I heard about it on Neopets, and although I wasn't very active the first year and a half, when my brother was suddenly robbed and murdered, I used Gaia every day to take my mind off everything that went on in the coming weeks, and months, and to help curb the loneliness I felt. My mother pretty much stayed in bed, stopped going to work, and there would be times where I wouldn't see her for days. My father, a lawyer, would spend hours working, most of the time at his office, but on the weekends, holed himself up in his office at home. He didn't realize my seventeenth birthday had come or past until almost a week and a half later. Gaia (and another forum website designed for girls; but that's now gone and we call keep in touch via Facebook) became my solace, my place to take my mind off everything. And as years passed and things got better in my family, I still continued to come on Gaia. I graduated high school, went to college, moved in with my long time boyfriend (now husband), had a child, and the one thing that's always been there is Gaia. I talked my husband into joining years ago as well, and we both would nerd it out, playing zOMG, more recently Heralds of Chaos. He was diagnosed with cancer a few years ago, and he and I both used zOMG as an imaging tool that was suggested to us by the psych at the hospital - imagine something fighting and beating something. We would imagine our avi's fighting all the bad guys in zomg, killing them, and there ya go. It's nerdy, but hey. It worked for us! I know this is long and kinda silly, but it's a way to point out that Gaia is a big part of our lives.

Which is why everything that has been going on with this website recently is really disheartening and upsetting. I feel like I can't sign into this website I love without a new, "Hey there Gaians, spend your monies on these shiny new pixels, let us show you the newest sale!" Well, $25, $50, $75 isn't a sale, nor can we afford to buy pixels when we have bills to pay. There are a lot of adults on Gaia, and I know that you know this with the recent inquiries about making a 18+ portion of the website. We're on a ramen noodle for every meal kind of budget, especially in the winter (luckily, I grew up living on a working farm, so I can't imagine not growing veggies every summer and making amazing stirfry's and summer stew) and I recently read in a journal entry by an admin that said, "This does not mean you won't be able to do anything without gcash, it does mean that you should expect most projects to have some gcash element to them." So, I guess this means I need to get used to this, right? I might be able to get used to that. I might even be able to swing $25 or $50 every six months or so. There is no way I can do that with every sale, because it seems like there is one at least once a week, possibly more, and I just simply cannot do that. I have no idea that the item won't be taken away randomly either. That's how I feel it is about Heralds of Chaos. Against my better judgment, I shelled out some money on cards for HOC and now the game is being shelved, taken completely down. I just recently bought a couch that is gold. What happens if tomorrow the universe decided that the color gold is taking up too much space and money and it's life, and gets rid of everything gold? Goodbye brand new couch. Sorry about your luck and the money you spent on it, we can't do anything about it. Say you rereleased, oh a random item, like, Kottan Bell. Lots of people buy it. "Oh, sorry. We've decided that is taking too much of our money. We're completely removing the item. Sorry about your luck. Sorry about your money." I know that a game doesn't equal an item, but I'm using a comparison to explain my feelings. I wouldn't give a stranger on the street $25, but I would give Gaia $25 every once in a while. I just feel like I can no longer donate/buy anything because no matter what, it just seems that I regret it down the road. I spent money after seeing that there were no plans to take down HOC six or so weeks ago, and now here I am, kicking myself. I bought something a few weeks ago, and I'm kicking myself for spending my cash, because something new came out and I would have liked that better. I get that's not your fault of course, but it's just getting to the point where Gaia feels like a chore. It's not fun for me anymore. Most of the new features will have some cash element, as said by an admin. All the games, I feel like I can't really enjoy because you never know if they're going to be taken down. I feel like there isn't much security, and that sucks, because Gaia is a major part of my life. I'm just annoyed with all the changed. The centering of the site, removing HOC, many new projects will involve Gaia Cash. It just doesn't feel like Gaia to me.

I just wanted share my feelings.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
USEFUL LINKS

The home of past Ask The Admin topics: Ask the Admin Archives subforum

AskED the Admin: Answer Compilation (built and maintained by yours truly)

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Can we get the Team Captain outfits for the valefor event as items?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff