Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello everyone!

Hope you enjoyed the April Fool's mini event. There's been a lot of other April Fool's jokes out there yesterday, my favorite was Google Maps in 8bit, and Kodak's instant kitten creator kiosk. Anyone got their favorites?

Dapper Dabbler

Hi everyone,

A couple of quick notes:

We do our best to answer as many questions as we can in the time we have, but there are way more of you than there are of us. Please don't take it personally if we don't answer yours smile

If you haven't already, please check out my thread in SF to give your thoughts on a few project ideas we're kicking around!

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Evening, staff.

I think that Gaia has lost its way. Lately, you guys have been making a better effort at communicating with the users. However, at the same time, you do and say things that cause some of us to become disappointed and lose trust in you. Let’s take your facebook games for example.

I know you’re creating all of these facebook games to bring in more money and I’m okay with that. However, it seems like HQ is paying more attention to facebook than the main site. You claim that you have two different teams . One to work on Gaia’s games/features and one for facebook games. But you then turn around and remove developers from Gaia’s projects and place them on projects for facebook.

Do you even care about Gaia anymore? Instead of putting the majority of your focus on facebook, put it back on Gaia and its unique games/features. That’s why people log onto this site. Not for facebook- like features, but for the features that make Gaia Gaia. Quit trying to turn this site into a fb clone and stick to being original.

Now, about zOMG!. When are you going to implement dev notices that alert users to when DMS is open to the public? Also, any word on when the game’s glitches will be worked on? The sooner these glitches are fixed, the sooner more people will be able to enjoy the game.

Distinct Explorer

1: Aren't you guys sick of Diedrich yet? D:
2: Are we ever going to get a sequel to the Dark Reflection, CI? Love Charm and Famestar both had at least 3 sequels, and I think Dark Reflection was much more popular than they were.
3: What's Meili like, in the Dark Reflection? If he's a tiger in our reality, would he be a wolf or something in the Dark Reelection alternate reality? (I hope we can get a chance to see him a DR sequel)
4: Why isn't Josie in the storyline more?

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

╔════════════════════════════════════╗

Guh, my internet is laggy tonight. TT3TT
God, the new season of Bones is on like, RIGHT NOW.
Does any of Gaia's staff have a favorite cable series they're addicted to?
Just wondering, but Easter event, Y U NO START YET?
User Image

>w<;
Also... Spring Cleaning... How're we doing it this year?
Are you going to keep a few proposals from last year
and open the forum back up for more proposals?
Oh, and the CrosStitch item contest, are we close
to getting voting opened yet, or are you still researching images
to make sure everything is legit before posting the top 12 entries?

Oh, I had thought that Easter was today. My bad! sweatdrop

╚══════════════════════════════════════╝

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
USEFUL LINKS

The home of past Ask The Admin topics: Ask the Admin Archives subforum

AskED the Admin: Answer Compilation (built and maintained by yours truly)

Invisible Cat

1.If Gaia going to back it's roots , why isn't the Zurg part of it. Just because the event wasn't so popular back then doesn't mean
it won't be popular right now. I mean the first Olympics event wasn't popular until it was re-done in 2008 What can't the Zurg return?

2. Are we going to find out who won the Items designed soon?

3. re-color fairy wings (like red) anytime soon?

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Hello!

With Easter less than a week away--I'm wondering will E-Corp be brought together again to fight for the Easter Bunny?

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
Dear AtA:

1. The NPC's in the April Fools event actually conversed with each other in a thread! Storyline progressed through NPC interaction on the forums! O.O Will we be able to see more of this in the near future? I miss watching the admins/devs in charge of the accounts put on a show for us!

2. Is there ANYTHING you guys can tell us about this years Easter Event? I NEED EGGS SPOILED.

3. Manga storyline update, is it coming?

Dangerous Gaian

8,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
Hello Admin's as you may or may not know my husband,brother in law, and I have been working on the demonic quest, and finally have reached the last level. And due to the common components being very rare we are a little stuck. BUT I came here to ask.. What exactly is the point of a DIVINE FEATHER in a Demonic quest? To me this doesn't exactly make any sense what so ever and on behalf of my husband and brother in law would like to ask if there is any way you can remove it?

User ImageBlessed Stellarite x20
User ImageDark Matter x5
User Imageb*****d's Heart x5
User ImagePhilosopher's Stone x1
User ImageToscano Jacket by Dernier*Cri x1
User ImageSmouldering Helm by Dernier*Cri x1
User ImageDivine Feather x1

I believe it is very obvious which item really does not "FIT" in. The Divine Feather requires the following:

x1 Angel Blood

x1 Angel Imp's Feather

x1 Angel's Tears

x1Celestial Glow

I thank you for your time for reading this and would love to hear back from you.

-The Trio

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Terrible shame that the Mother Duck's Sunday Stroll project fell through. I can't imagine anyone better than Chorlie Shane to do the voice of Foreman Crocodile. Aw well.

...You do realize, of course, that releasing the Ron Bruise Mask isn't going to convince all that many people to remove the old My Face item from their wishlists?

Destructive Bunny

Hi guys, its me once again :3

1. Thanks for evolving Pietro gen 2! Yeahh! 

2. I love detective/mystery category, so Im looking forward to the Modeus Operandi as well. But this time make it done in 1/10th time of Pietro please rofl Since its being done by multiple artists Im not sure how feasible it will be, but please make it like a real mystery book where before the final chapter and everything is revealed, make all the clues present so we can solve it ourselves? 

3. Also a big thanks to Sisky for passing along our wish for a sdplus swarf doll, and for fixing up Keiko heart

4. I have a request regarding alchemy and the housing item pancake. Recently I made 4 pancake hats.
User Image
All together the 4 hats required 380 store components. Buying one store item requires 3 clicks. So I had to click 1140 times to make those hats. At the end of it my fingers were hurting and my eyes were watering, I really dont want RSI. gonk  

This item is also required for alchemy caches and crates. Im sure everyone will appreciate it if you let us buy pancakes from the store in bulk, like we can with fishing bait. If its too hard to code, maybe the housing store can sell a pancake bundle containing 100 pancakes, which we can open in our inventory. 

5. Lastly I some some concerns regarding privacy. I have my birthday hidden from everyone and it doesnt appear on my profile. But when it is my birthday notifications appear in the My Friends Stuff section of My Gaia page for all my friends.

I dont want anyone to know my birthday, if I select to hide my birthday it shouldnt appear to anyone else, even my friends. These days identity theft is a big concern, and a persons birth date is a major component in security for banking and other services. Please change it so that it doesnt show up? Or let me change it to a fake birth date.
Good evening everyone. I hope you all are doing well.

Tonight, I'd like to bring up the topic of captcha frequency for Bootygrab.

On September 30, 2011, a gold cap of 150k was imposed for Bootygrab. Once a player reaches that amount, he or she is no longer able to play until the next day.

October 04, 2011, IP restrictions were put into place. If a household had more than 1 person who had an account here on Gaia, they were basicaly SOL as far as BG went, causing a lot of frustration for BG players and no doubt also causing tank owners to take a hit in profit.
On this same day, it was stated that...we have too few players to support the number of tanks even now.
(Gee, I can't imagine why, haha!)

On October 6, 2011 IP restrictions on tank play were removed however, captcha frequency was increased to every 4th tank.

October 7, 2011 Again the concern seemed to be that there were too many tanks and not enough players to go around. ...We're trying to slow down the creation of new tanks for a bit.

February 27, 2012, it was stated yet again that there were too many tanks for the number of players available and that the situation did not resolve itself so stemming the creation of new tanks was being done.

IF your concern truly is that you need more Bootygrab players, it seems to me that you need to change your approach and do something to attract them and less to annoy them.

How to make BG less annoying:

One way to achieve this is to reduce the captcha frequency for Bootygrab. This may make the game appealing to more people, possibly helping to pave the way to a better tank / player balance.
You could also please do something to make that thing easier for human eyes to read!
I also suggest making an announcement about it to help potential player awareness.

With the daily gold cap of 150k in place, I fail to see the harm in giving this a try.

How to Make BG More Attractive:

I offer this food for thought: Are you aware that there has not been any events that included Aquariums since December 9, 2009 ?
(At least AFAIK.If I am mistaken, please forgive me and supply the information - including links because I would like to make the corrections in my thread)
Past Events For Aquariums

Familiar Lunatic

So, any more zOMG! bugs dead yet?
Does the in the work fantasy-themed game have a name yet? Wait, that's a Gaia - Social branch thing : /

@ap-fools: Google maps retro-RPG style made the world awesome emo

Ice-Cold Angel

34,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Pie For All! 300
Can you please make the Lawn Gnome Figure recipe a regular drop from Lawn Gnomes or General Mayhem? I need 320 of them for alchemy and putting them in Daily Chance is not enough. If I have to pay more than 11k for each one (not counting the cost of crafting it), the recipes alone will cost more than 3m.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff