Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello everyone,

Welcome to this week's ATA, it's a quiet week here as we continue to plan on the upcoming Easter event and working on the Towns update. But we'll be here to answer your questions as usual, so ask away!

Spooky Phantom

21,500 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
Hi Lanzer! When lite fish were first released, we were told that the lite drops would contain mostly alchemy components. Now we're being told that lite fish are primarily designed so that people can have a variety of fish in their aquarium even if they don't keep a tank for Booty Grab. What gives? The lite drops are mostly garbage, not mostly items for alchemy! Why were we told the wrong information initially? If the team changed their minds and decided not to use lite drops for alchemy, then what is the reasoning behind that?

It seems like alchemy needs to move forward. I was expecting baby steps, but these aren't baby steps. This just standing still.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
USEFUL LINKS

The home of past Ask The Admin topics: Ask the Admin Archives subforum

AskED the Admin: Answer Compilation (built and maintained by yours truly)

Tipsy Creature

Lanzer/Devs/Whoever is fielding this weeks ATA:

Will you ever update the Gaia Store again? This one?
It hasn't been updated since zOMG WAS RELEASED, and several Gaians are interested in new content.
Heck, most new Gaians probably don't even know it exsists, let alone where to find it! T-shirts, plushies and other trinkets could bring in quite a bit of money for the site!

Please consider this.

Invisible Cat

Hello lanzer and others

my questions are :

1. If the NPC's entered a drinking contest who would win? What's the drinking age in gaia?

2. Hufflepuff re-color of the Wizard School will it happen in the next rig? emotion_kirakira

3. Will Towns 2.0 be just one town or will you guys have all four towns? I know some people don't want to live in Barton sad .

Distinct Explorer

1: Does the Goddess Gaia have a devil equivalent?

2: will Mephiste, the villain who's been mentioned in Saint Ciel: Erose, Agape, Rosamund's revenge, and Ravenwood manor get his own REI (or even better: an EI done like the Nightmare; with several artists contributing to it)?

3: Since we know that Mephiste (at least in Ravenwood Manor's story) controls crows, would this mean that Raven, the crow spirit, from Guardian Totem CI, and possibly the demon Malphas (depicted as a crow, in the Nightmare, EI) could be working as Mephiste's agents?

4: Will we get to see this Cat Noir as a character in a CI, or with her own story in a REI? She seems like she could be pretty badass; and we don't have many female characters who fit that role.

5: where's our Dark Reflection sequel? D:<

Green Gaian

User Image

Will we ever be able to obtain the True Believers shirt from zOMG? As you can see from the images above the item already exists with front and back poses, so it wouldn't be hard to just make it into a zOMG recipe.

Facial hair shop, any update? I asked Lanzer about this over a year ago and he said it was in the works, but there were some hiccups.

Any wrestling fans in the office? I would love to see more werstling items, characters, etc.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
Hey, guys. Hope you're all doing well.

I have been wondering about this for awhile. How come the AutoCash discount is not applied to Phin Phang? Would it cause harm to the economy because of Booty Grab? I know that Pan said that he would talk to people about it, but was there ever a follow up to this?

Aekea Nerd

13,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
Hi, guys! I have a question and a suggestion!

My question (more like series of questions) is about the wonderful artist, DrinkyTengu.

What's she been up to? Will she be making more items anytime soon? Will we be seeing some stuff from her in future CIs? It might be just my imagination, but it seems like the last couple of CIs were rather lacking in the funky, unique Tengu area... Lastly, will she be making another EI (or even REI) at some point? I just love her style, and I really want to see some more items by her. :3

My suggestion is for Narumi Misuhara concerning the summer event.

While reading a thread about summer event theories, I had a pretty awesome idea, if I do say so myself. Since this year is an Olympic year, I thought it would be really cool to have an Intergalactic Olympics event! The different teams could consist of the various alien species we've encountered (such as the Zurg, the Nartians, and the Star People) as well as Gaians (of course) and people could choose what team they want to be on (because not everyone on Gaia is native to this planet, after all). The games could be like old arcade games such as Asteroids and Space Invaders and stuff like a spaceship race or other such things (sorry, that sentence is messed up, lol). Flynn could come back as Gaia's champion or some such thing, event items could be related to the different aliens, giving us more things to match with what we've already got, and over all, it just seems like it would be awesome. :3

Dapper Dabbler

I've got my Ghostbusters shirt on, so I'm ready to roll!

"If someone asks you if you're an Admin.....you....say....YES"

Invisible Regular

Hi Lanzer (and any other staff that show up!)

Can we please get a site-wide announcement for the shelving of zOMG? It's now been over a month since this event occurred, yet only the dedicated players seem to know. Players still encounter countless signs that the world of zOMG is expanding, which is no longer the case. A site-wide announcement and a notice on the server selection page would help to inform the population, as well as give Gaia a chance to show their new-and-improvoved communication skills.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Evening, staff.

- Any update on hiring a dev to fix the glitches in zOMG!? Lately, a lot of players have been complaining about not being able to get any items from the game's daily chance. Seems like more glitches are starting to pop after you moved the remaining devs to other projects. This can't go on like this. Fixes need to be made. Also, when will a sellback option be added to the Buccaneer Boardwalk headstart tickets?

- What is up with alchemy? Again, why make cash-only items into formula ingredients? Especially since you don't pay close attention to the mp to see which items are becoming nearly extinct so you can replenish them in the cash shop. I'm becoming more disappointed with Gaia's ADD/half-a** business practices everyday.

Feline Lunatic

52,790 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Citizen 200
Why is it that you can not seem to get rid of the malicious ad that shows up frequently on every page with an ad and freezes people's browsers,so that they have to restart their browser or sometimes even their comp.
I have repeatedly reported this ad and even gave the link that add gives out at the bottom of the page.
It has shown up since around the very end of October 2001 and I have reported it over and over again since November of 2011.
Yes,I KNOW that each section of the country has their own ads,but you should be able to ask the people that supply your ads to make sure it doesn't show up anymore.
I should NOT have to buy around 250 Gaia Cash Worth of stuff that I don't really want,to get rid of the ads,on ALL My Accounts(since I HAVE 7). If I Have to do so it would be both annoying and a waste of my money.
I have talked with others and they are affected to,so it is not just me.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS AD.
Because I am really starting to get annoyed with this....It makes it hard for me and others to participate in the Forums,Events,etc.
With the Zodiacal fully evolved now, do you have any plans for a slower evolving evolving item?

If so, can you give us some spoilers? emotion_kirakira

And as far as Gaia meetups, do you guys just choose random places, or is there a method to where you choose to go?
I'd love it if you came to Fresno, California emo

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
just a note-

Thank you, Siskataya, for pushing for the Health and Fitness forum!!
However, i have to ask where cycling and martial arts would belong ...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff