Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Creature

You know what I haven't seen updated in a while? A real, long while? The Gaia Store.

Y'know...the one with the real t-shirts, stuffed critters, stationary and whatnot.
Edit: This one right here!

The 'new' items seem very zOMG related...and seeing that zOMG just ceased production/updating, those items seem very outdated. What happened, Gaia? Were people not purchasing enough to justify continued support of this feature? (likely, since it happens in other places of the site.) Having some new shirts and trinkets might be neat, especially since a number of new characters and creatures have been introduced since the last update to this store.

As for the items that are still there, I went in to look for the Kiki and Coco kitty shirts they (used to?) have, as I wanted to buy one of each for my sister and myself. She used to have one, but it got bleach stains on it. cry I saw that those shirts are no longer listed in the store, and sent an e-mail to the customer service inquiring about them. I suspect that they ran out and just haven't restocked them due to lack of interest from the userbase, but I'd very much like to be able to get those shirts, they were cute!

So GCD, what do you think about this? Do you think Gaia will update their "IRL" item store any time soon? What sort of items would you like to see? What is/was your favorite item they've had in the store? and...anything else that may be relevant.

Nekimi's Senpai

Friendly Haremite

I really wish they would. I always used to ogle the items there, but didn't have the means or guts to order from there. Then last year, I took a chance! I would definitely be willing to buy from there again now. 3nodding I would like to see those Gaia classic t shirts come back, the one with the pink logo and the mini wings on back. I still think those would be cool. emotion_kirakira

Tipsy Creature

Esdella Vie
I really wish they would. I always used to ogle the items there, but didn't have the means or guts to order from there. Then last year, I took a chance! I would definitely be willing to buy from there again now. 3nodding I would like to see those Gaia classic t shirts come back, the one with the pink logo and the mini wings on back. I still think those would be cool. emotion_kirakira

I remember buying one of the classic shirts (the one with the blue miniwings on the back) and I really liked it. I tried to wear it to school (well, hs) but after the initial use, I remembered that you can usually see a bra through a white shirt (well, that one anyways.) So, unless I was layering something on top of it, it didn't get as much use as I had initially planned. The Coco shirt I was looking for was yellow, though, so unless it's very thin material the transparency shouldn't be an issue.

Nekimi's Senpai

Friendly Haremite

Abbi Normal
Esdella Vie

I remember buying one of the classic shirts (the one with the blue miniwings on the back) and I really liked it. I tried to wear it to school (well, hs) but after the initial use, I remembered that you can usually see a bra through a white shirt (well, that one anyways.) So, unless I was layering something on top of it, it didn't get as much use as I had initially planned. The Coco shirt I was looking for was yellow, though, so unless it's very thin material the transparency shouldn't be an issue.

Ooh yeah, that would be a problem. I remember the shirt you are talking about. If they ever return, perhaps the material would be a bit thicker. (hinthint, gaia) I was disappointed to see they didn't restock the shop, like they were selling off the stuff already made. sweatdrop I'd think the hats like AFKS and OMGs would be really popular as far as that goes. If they decided to make new stuff, maybe shirts of Sen or the Overseer? Or Edmund? Or Liam's abs? xD They really do have a bit to work with now, especially if they included REI characters. The idea of the White Queen and Black King in an epic pose comes to mind.
I remember buying my ORLY Owl hat from there, I went back to check and all the hats (OMG, WTF) were all out. :< I was bummed. Gaia should work more on their real life merchandise.

Wild-Haired Crimester

28,550 Points
  • Craziest Hair Award 1000
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Champion Cardholder 100
It took me awhile to find where the shop was.

They really don't seem to advertise much about their items anymore, do they? I actually forgot it existed, honestly. Looking through it, if they did update with more various things, I would be tempted to buy something from them.

I wouldn't mind seeing Zhivago stuff in there. I bet they could do sooo much with it! Although I wonder if they don't do much with it because it doesn't bring in much cash? It's possible. In that case, I can see why they wouldn't want to bother....

Toothsome Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
I'd like a great big thick super fluffy Angelic Scarf irl. That thing looks brilliantly soft...

Tipsy Creature

Battery Acid Included

Oh snap, that right there is a big part of the problem.

Do newer users even KNOW this thing exists? How is it that we get so many virtual items that cost 'real money' (and inspire people to complain about Gaia vampiring the money from our wallets,) yet they do not take advantage of this resource? Is it too expensive? People wearing some of these items could be free advertising! Plus, more money for the site form the purchases obviously.

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
I don't think it's been updated since zOMG! came out in 08.
Gaia is really slacking in properly supporting their site. You'd think people would be more likely to buy real physical items than pixels of a dying site.

Tipsy Creature

I put a link to the store in the OP. Perhaps it will help jog some peoples memories, haha.

Tipsy Lunatic

You know what's embarrassing?
I've bought 3 of the OMG hats over the years and I've lost every single one of them. After losing the third one I decided that it just wasn't meant to be.

Wild-Haired Crimester

28,550 Points
  • Craziest Hair Award 1000
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Champion Cardholder 100
Abbi Normal
Battery Acid Included

Oh snap, that right there is a big part of the problem.

Do newer users even KNOW this thing exists? How is it that we get so many virtual items that cost 'real money' (and inspire people to complain about Gaia vampiring the money from our wallets,) yet they do not take advantage of this resource? Is it too expensive? People wearing some of these items could be free advertising! Plus, more money for the site form the purchases obviously.
If newer users were smart enough to click on about every single link that Gaia has to provide....MAYBE. But for the most part, they only know that 'cash cards' exist and that at conventions you can sometimes win these items for free if you're lucky.

So....no, new users probably have a very limited idea that such a thing exists.

And perhaps the virtual items cost less resources to make, therefore making them more desirable for the company to make. Getting more money for doing less? I'm not quite sure.

And I do think that the 'free advertising' of the real items could help Gaia. I remember I got a Gaia Online sticker a long time ago that I put on my folder and quite a few buddies would ask me about it. You don't typically think to ask about someone online interests otherwise.

Tipsy Lunatic

Looking at their stuff now there are like.... at least 3 things that I'd buy if I had the money.

Ian keychain/cell phone charm is at the top of the list. xD

Lavish Lunatic

Wait, does the front page say there is a 25% off until 1/1/2011 or since 1/1/2011?

Either would be pathetic, but the word 'thru' confuzes me.

But as far as I can see, we're not the only ones who forgot the store existed.

Ice-Cold Knight

12,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
you know i always hoped they would put items in there, ive always wanted them to rerelease the IRL omg and afk hats... i wanted one of each and never got the chance to get them... sad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff