Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which Void abomination is your favorite?

Cho'Gath, the Terror of the Void 0.13855421686747 13.9% [ 184 ]
Kassadin, the Void Walker 0.079819277108434 8.0% [ 106 ]
Kog'Maw, the Mouth of the Abyss 0.19879518072289 19.9% [ 264 ]
Kha'Zix, the Voidreaver 0.17846385542169 17.8% [ 237 ]
Malzahar, the Prophet of the Void 0.17168674698795 17.2% [ 228 ]
Vel'Koz, the Eye of the Void 0.23268072289157 23.3% [ 309 ]
Total Votes:[ 1328 ]

Super Genius

8,600 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
Hey kids, it's been a while since we had a...

PSA's With Kwaggy!

Kids, you know how a lot of people think it's fun to play against their friends, but in a semi-serious form? Like, actually playing the game as intended, no ARAM, DR, or other silliness? Sounds fun, right?

NOT EVEN ******** CLOSE. Why? Because in-house games invariably have one problem. One, maybe two guys will always activate their douche mode, and ruin EVERYTHING. One of two things will happen, and there's no escape from the bullshit because there's literally no alternatives while still playing the game proper:

1) You go Blind Pick, and someone picks an absolute douchebag champion and ruins everyone's fun. Darius is a good example.
2) You go Draft Mode, and all three bans on both teams are the other team's strongest players' mains (or lacking that, their best champions that they just happen to play with equal frequency to other champions).

Worst case scenario is that one of the players whose main got banned gets pissed and actively decides to ruin the fun by picking a douchebag champion, but that's fairly rare. But seriously, I just got out of an in-house game with 9 guys who I play with frequently, and who all play with each other frequently when I'm not around. We're all friends, on good terms, and have no reason to want to actively ruin each others' day. Our team? Ashe (me), Mordekaiser, Zilean, Katarina, Hecarim. Our picks made sense (even if they weren't the strongest), but in no slot did we have some annoying shitbag character who ruins the game. That's not to say that our champions weren't frustrating (permaslows, timebombs, and ghosts oh my!), but we didn't go to extremes.

Their team? Darius, Corki, Soraka, Maokai, Karthus.

Someone, anyone, try and justify using Darius against your own friends when everyone's just trying to have a good time. YOU WILL FAIL. I'm not even kidding. There is NO excuse for using Darius against your own friends. Is he overpowered? From a realistic standpoint, actually no. Is he the most anti-fun pile of ******** s**t in the universe for all 9 other players? Yes. There is literally nothing satisfying about Darius to anyone that isn't currently playing Darius. Not. A. Thing. I can live with Soraka, mostly because I was here since right after season 1 started and my god was she so much worse then. Same with Karthus. But Darius? No excuse. If you play Darius, unprovoked, against your own friends (not some random people that you're never going to see again but your own god damn friends), you are a terrible person.

Unbeatable Noob

"So... AD Garen. ******** amazing. I've not had such fun on LoL in such a long time! He's so beefy and smashy. And they made first point Decisive strike so viable! Easy early game trades, followed by spin-to-win! The crits got meaner and the damage skyrocketed! It's happyfunsmiles everywhere ahmagad!"

Super Sweetheart

20,250 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Uncle Kwaggy

Games with friends usually get competitive like this.
Nothing is worse than Mario Party competitiveness though.

Sentai

15,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Guess today is a rough day for everyone.

Greedy Hunter

So, what are some things a new player can read to actually prepare to play the game? tutorial seemed not enough.

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
Bloodhail
So, what are some things a new player can read to actually prepare to play the game? tutorial seemed not enough.

I wrote something out many moons back about this...
Let me just bring it up for you
Quote:
Welcome to the game, and one of the worst online addictions!
Warding and Oracles, and a really good video at that. It not only states the objective timers (defined in video), but goes into a fair amount of depth for explanations for when and why.
Last Hitting, a very useful skill for most champions that aren't support and some junglers; those champions get the gold/10 items such as Philos Stone, Kage's Pick, and Heart of Gold, as well as use the gold boosters from masteries and, post-20, runes. Same praise as the previous video, but it's the same commentator. Video also includes a brief mention of Zoning, which while mildly important, is merely just keeping your opponent from getting near the minions.
Beginner stuffs, some good basics here. With a number of things that aren't covered on in the tutorial. I'd like to add that you shouldn't buy any runes until level 20, any of the others are quickly outpaced by the higher tiers. If anything, you should save your IP for either champions you really want, or to buy at least a full rune page at level 20.
Next, support tutorial. Healing, since this video has been released, has been nerfed a bit, to the point where it's not such a big deal any more. Usually your lane partner will pick up Heal/Flash(Ghost) and you'll be there just to help sustain and win lane. The video doesn't mention all of the support champions, but those ones that have been mentioned have heals. Others that I've seen are Fiddlesticks, Nunu, Leona, and Lulu.
Jungling [part 1], defined in game, with explanation why such a character is good to have in game. The video defines some of the terms mentioned in the warding and support videos. The video also has additional timers on objectives on when they first spawn, with explanations on what happens upon the objective's death. Not a complete video guide, but holds promise for further in-depth explanations.

Also, for some guides:
solomid.net and lolpro.com are both good sites for getting ideas of how to build, use, and improve on how you play a champion. If you wish to theorycraft on champions, go to leaguecraft.com

Oh! And make sure to join in the Gaia Online chatroom on the PvP.net client

And always, have fun!

Tipsy Kitten

I would just like to share the new guild I opened!

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds-home/a-league-of-legends-guild/g.328119/

Hygienic Lunatic

Hey. I'm looking for some new players like myself to team up with. All my friends are summoner lvl 30, making queuing with them difficult. Thanks to them, I am quite knowledgeable about the game, however. I just lack the necessary practice and experience with the game mechanics.

Screen Name: Cechoo
Summoner Level: 8-10
Region: US
Favorite Champions so far? Veigar and Amumu
Most hated Champions so far? Caitlyn and Zilean

O.G. Gaian

I play Darius when my friends only because I know I'll get focused.

I'm usually the tank on my small team of friends.

Victory

it takes sooo long to level ugh ;(!

Lunatic

anyone wanna team up with a janna player?

10,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Any EU west players want to play some duo draft matches here o.0 ?
League<3 Irelial too stronk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces