Passover. 0.058823529411765 5.9% [ 5 ]
Ridvan. 0.011764705882353 1.2% [ 1 ]
Other (please mention in a post!) 0.082352941176471 8.2% [ 7 ]
New polls are my holiday! 0.21176470588235 21.2% [ 18 ]
Total Votes:[ 85 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 488 489 490 > >> >>> »|

User Image

An Introduction
I thank you for taking the time to read this quest journal.
Allow me to introduce myself, I am Professor Mordarm (PhD pending).
In the past year since I’ve joined Gaia I have met interesting people
and subjects during my creation of the Mad Quest Journal. You have made
me feel welcome and your willing to give and share yourselves has astonished me.
Now that my research is complete, I wanted to return your kindness and
generosity. So instead of letting this thread die, I decided to mutate it
(like any good mad scientist/scholar). So the Mad Quest Journal is now the
new Mad Charity and Giveaway! I welcome all subjects to apply and to try
their luck on getting nice gear form my Lab.

News and Announcements
ANNOUNCEMENT Warning of scams - Some attention has been brought to me about
unscrupulous people who use banners from charities and questers
to hack into other accounts. If you are redirected via by
one of my banners that does not end up at www.gaiaonline.com do not
use the site by any means. Contact a Mod and report it. Also let me know
as well so I can direct my attention to the offender and direct them to
the proper authorities in Gaia.

02-19-2009 New Head Banner and Header Art. Many thanks to Kawaii_Taru!
02-08-2009 The Mad Quest Journal becomes The Mad Charity & Giveaway!

01-31-2009 Quest Journal Updated. New poll out for future lab expansions. Please vote!
01-22-2009 After a forced hiatus I'm back and renovating the Quest Journal. Stay tuned for updates!
03-20-2008 More new positions open in the Researchers and Personnel section.
02-19-2008 Opened the new Lab Art Gallery for public viewing!
02-09-2008 New positions are open in the Researchers and Personnel section.
02-08-2008 First Donations to my Research - Thank you Mangled Lollipop and White Leo!
02-07-2008 Mordarm's Mad Quest Journal created.

Table of Contents
1. An Introduction
2. The Rules of Research
3. Researchers and Personnel/Mods
4. Blacklist/Whitelist
5. Becoming a Subject (Quester)
6. Qualified Subjects
7. Lab Games
8. Lab Contests
9. Experimental Giveaway
10. How to Donate/Assist to the Lab
11. Donations Received
12. Links/Affiliates
13. Banners
14. The Lab Art Gallery
User Image

These Rules of Research must be followed for sake of safety, clarity and piece of mind.
Failure to follow these rules will result in these penalties:

First Violation: A written warning will be given.
Second Violation: Will result in being barred from the Mad Charity and noted on the Blacklist permanently.

Any barred from the Mad Charity will be Blacklisted and will not be allowed in this thread. Any donations from blacklisted Gaians will be refused and returned.

Rules of Research:

1. Follow the TOS.

2. Follow and heed the Forum's Rules and Guidelines.

3. Read all the rules of the Lab sections and its Application requirements. This will help me maintain order within the Mad Charity.

4. No Advertising - Do not link ads in your post style.

5. Do not stretch the page - Do use a link for any images.

6. Bumping - Do not bump if there are currently active journal entries (talking) from other people.

7. Respect the Researchers, Personnel and fellow Gaians in the thread Journal.

8. Please be literate. So called "leet" or chat speak will not be tolerated.

9. Do not spam or quote the first page entries of the Journal.

10. Do not PM Professor Mordarm, Researchers or Personnel regarding Applications and/or requests for the Charity. All such PMs should be directed to Mecha-Professor.

11. Do not PM to Mecha-Professor begging for items/donations. Follow the rules on “Becoming a Subject” for such requests.

12. Do not beg in thread. See previous rule.

Any serious questions or concerns should be addressed to Mecha-Professor via PM. Please follow these rules and my research will go smoothly will little interruption.
User Image

Resident (Mad) Scientist/Scholar:

User Image
Name: Professor Mordarm
Codename: The Professor, The Mad One, The Bookworm, The Idiot, etc.
Quote: "Note to self: Subjects get angry when not fed regularly."

Professor Mordarm is a rather mellow fellow when not experimenting or doing
research on the latest subject of interest. Hobbies include music, reading, making clones, and
making the occasional doomsday device.

Head Android:
User Image
Name: Mecha-Professor
Codename: The Walking Nuclear Calculator
Quote: "Query: Why do the humans call me “Tin Man?”"

Mecha-Professor was a successful "failure" in the fact it was able to survive
two atom bombs, many lasers blasts, and Maja's teasing.
Strangely enough though it was a simple task of cleaning up the lab that set it off;
Not that I blame it, the lab will traumatize anyone when it's messy. Now newly
upgraded, it helps me maintain order in the Mad Charity and its various Subjects.

#1 Asst.Researcher: This post unavailable at this time.
#3 Asst. Researcher: This post unavailable at this time.
#3 Asst. Researcher: This post unavailable at this time.
Lab Assistant #1: This post is open for application.
Lab Assistant #2: This post is open for application.
Smexy Lab Nurse: This post is open for application.
Mad Chemist: This post is open for application.
Mad Psychologist: This post is open for application.
Lab Monster: This post is open for application.
The Original Test Subject:

User Image

Name: Maja81
Codename: The Caffeine Bloodhound
Quote: "I don't have a problem with caffeine. I have a problem without caffeine!"

This Subject had an unusual fondness for coffee and all things caffeinated.
Subject has also express the unique talent to find and access sources of caffeine when personal stores are low.
Despite several efforts to increase security in the lab,
Subject still is able to access my personal stores of coffee with little or no difficulty.
Will investigate if ability is able to be copied into other subjects via DNA experimentation.

The Lab Rat: Subject has not arrived in the lab.
Mascot (Guinea Pig): Subject has not arrived in the lab.
Crash Test Dummy: Subject has not been assembled in the lab.
Gremlin: This subject has not infested the lab as of yet.

Application

These posts (and any future openings) will become open to Gaians who become regulars to the Lab Charity. You must post(not just bump), be social and be helpful to be considered. Only Professor Mordarm or Mecha-Professor can invite new personnel to the Lab.

Footnote: For those former Personnel for the former Quest Lab, you are not forgotten. I have made an entry here in my personal Journal to remember and honor your work and friendship.
User Image

No entries in the Blacklist. Experimentation continues.

User Image

No entries in the Whitelist. Scanning continues.

User Image

Now for those who are seriously interested in receiving items from the Charity must read these rules:

1. You can receive items from the Mad Charity by participating in the Lab Games, Lab Contests, or the Experimental Giveaway.
2. You must post regularly in the thread in order for your Application to be considered.
3. You must have an established Quest thread.
4. Once the stated time limit for a Game/Contest/Giveaway is ended, no more Applications for that Game/Contest/Giveaway will be accepted.
5. All Applications must be filled correctly and be PM’d to Mecha-Professor.
6. Any incorrect Applications will be PM’d to the Subject with the subject “Rejected Application” for correction. A new one must be sent in for acceptance (replied PMs will not be accepted).
7. An Application for each Game/Contest/Giveaway can be entered only once, unless rejected or the Game/Contest/Giveaway is refreshed.
8. An Application must be entered for each Game/Contest/Giveaway.
9. Anyone who becomes Blacklisted will have any and all current Applications rejected effective immediately.
10. All Subjects with accepted Applications will be listed under the Qualified Subjects section they have chosen.
11. Do not PM Mecha-Professor regarding the status of your Application. Check the appropriate Qualified Subjects section to see if you have been accepted.
12. The only time Applications will not be required if the Game/Contest/Giveaway STATES so in it's own Rules section. But if you are not sure...then see rule 13.
13. Rule of Thumb: When in doubt, fill an Application out!

The Application

[color=darkblue][size=11][u]My Application[/u][/size][/color][color=gray][size=11]
[b]Username[/b]:
[b]Join Date[/b]:
[b]Applying For[/b]: (name of Lab Game/Contest/Giveaway)
[b]Qualifications[/b]: (Link to your Quest thread)
[b]Link to Profile[/b]:
[b]Why Do You Deserve an item from the Mad Charity?[/b]:
[b]What is the Pass Code?[/b]: (Read the entire front page to find it!)
[/size][/color]

Any and all Applications will be tracked and recorded.
This way I hope to prevent any confusion or misunderstanding.
User Image

Lab Games

Qualified Subjects for The Experiment:Open to all visitors!
Qualified Subjects for Chaos Dice: Open to all visitors!

Lab Contest

Qualified Subjects: None.

Experimental Giveaway

Qualified Subjects: None.

Successful Subjects

Morrighu - Sealed Envelope - Feb 09.
Renee the Rabid Squirrel - Wingding Shirt (3rd Gen.), 3 Famestar Tickets, Mystery Box
Lilly Filly Girl - 3 Famestar Tickets
Maja81 - 3 Famestar Tickets
Airashii Kasumi - Mystery Box

User Image

The Experiment Post
Time Limit to Enter: Currently Unlimited

At random times Mecha-Professor or Professor Mordarm will post The Experiment and a small random number. The next qualified Subject who post equals that number after that post will get a free item from the Mad Charity.

Example:

Mecha-Professor
User Image
The Experiment
Is anyone keen enough to spot my Experiment?

So to clarify, if I had posted The Experiment, the fourth post after mine will get a free item from Mad Charity. This is the only time bumping freely is allowed and the number will never exceed over 10. Once the numbered post is hit the winner must send the Application via PM with the header "Experiment Winner Application" and the winning page number where you posted. Once verified, I will then award the winner with the current item listed for The Experiment.

Please note though, once the numbered post is hit, do not spam more bumps. Abuse this game and I will remove this option from the Mad Charity.

Final Rule: No Application is needed for this Game. All visitors who post here are automatically qualified!

Prize for this Lab Game is:

Wingding Shirt (3rd Gen)

Chaos Theory Dice
Time Limit to Enter: Currently Unlimited

Mecha-Professor or Professor Mordarm, at random times, will post a Chaos Theory Challenge and will choose two Subjects at random that are currently posting to challenge each other to a game of Chaos Theory Dice.

Rules are as follows:

1. Item Prizes can only be won by the die type. So that means a d10 die can only win a d10 item and so on.
2. One player is the Chaos Roller, chosen by Mecha-Professor or Professor Mordarm.
3. The other player is the Chaos Caller, also chosen by Mecha-Professor or Professor Mordarm.
4. The Chaos Caller posts the die type. He can only choose one die of one type: 10, 12, 20, or 100.
5. The Chaos Roller posts and rolls on that die called by the Caller.
6. Once the number is rolled, the Chaos Caller must guess if the next roll will be higher or lower than previous number rolled.
7. Caller must post: "Higher" or "Lower"
8. Once the Caller has posted his choice, the Chaos Roller then post rolls.
9. If the number rolled matches the call said by the Caller, the Chaos Caller wins a free item prize from the Mad Charity according to the dice prize chart.
10. If the number rolled does not match the call posted by the Caller, the Chaos Roller wins a free item prize from the Mad Charity according to the dice prize chart.
11. If the Roller rolls the same identical number on the next roll, both win items from the Mad Charity according to the dice prize chart.
12. True Chaos rule! (Only applies if a d20 die is chosen) If Caller dares, he/she can post "Match" instead of "Higher" or "Lower." If the Roller agrees with the caller (by posting his/her agreement) proceed in this manner:
-If the next roll done by the Roller matches the previous number, both win any one item they want from the Mad Charity listed in the dice prize chart. Any Item! But, if anything else but a match is rolled, no one wins.
-If the Roller disagrees to a “Match” then the Caller must call “Higher or “Lower”
13. “Match” can only be called once per game.
14. If at anytime the players fail to post in a reasonable time during the game, the referee will call the game forfeit and any prizes will be lost.
15. Cheating and or deleting posts by the players during the game will be ruled as a forfeit.
16. No complaints, flames or disruptive posts will be tolerated during the game.
17. Any game of Chaos Theory Dice played by others who are not called by Mecha-Professor or Professor Mordarm are invalid and cannot receive winning from the Mad Charity.
18. No Application is needed for this Game. All visitors who post here are automatically qualified!

Mecha-Professor or Professor Mordarm is referee during game play. All decisions are final.

Here is an example of play:

Professor Mordarm
Professor Mordarm: It is Chaos Theory Dice Challenge time! Mutant, you are the Chaos Caller. Gremlin, you are the Chaos Roller. Good Luck! User Image

Mutant
Mutant (Chaos Caller): Alright! I choose a 20 side die for this challenge!

Gremlin
Gremlin (Chaos Roller): Bah, I would of chosen something else.

Gremlin
Gremlin Rolls a 11!

Mutant
Mutant: Hmm....that is near the middle but...aw, what the heck "Lower!"

Gremlin
Gremlin: Hah, I'm going to beat you. The Professor's item is mine!

Gremlin
Gremlin Rolls a 12!

Professor Mordarm
Professor Mordarm: As the Chaos Caller did not call the next roll correctly the Chaos Roller wins! Congratulations Gremlin!

Gremlin
Gremlin: Yes! I win! The item is mine, you beastie! HAHAHAHAHAHA! twisted

Mutant
Mutant: Nooooooo! I failed at getting an item! gonk crying

Now if Gremlin had rolled a 10 or lower, Gremlin would have lost and Mutant would have been the winner. But if Gremlin had rolled an 11 again, both would of won an item. Also if Mutant had some guts and called "Match!" and Gremlin had agreed and had Gremlin rolled an 11, both would have won any one of item on the dice prize chart. But if Gremlin had rolled anything else but an 11 on that roll, both would of lost.

So now that the rules are stated, does anyone want to challenge Chaos?

Dice Prize List

10 sided die = Dioneasil (8th Gen)
12 sided die = Pora Ice (4th Gen)
20 sided die = Repo Lamp
100 sided die = Daipered Egg
User Image

This Lab Section is under construction
User Image

Time Limit to Enter: Expired

Once a month I will give away three items to three qualified Subjects:

Rules are as follows:

1. Follow the rules for Subject Applications.
2. Applications must be turned no later than by the due date, 11:59pm CST.
3. A minimum of three Subjects must enter the Giveway for items to be given.
4. Post regularly.

And that is it! Simple is it not?

Items to be given away:
To be announced. Check back regularly!
User Image

Now for those who are seriously interested in donating/assisting in my research I respectfully request you follow these guidelines:

1. All donations are to be made to Mecha-Professor only.
2. Donated Gold will only be used for purchase for Mad Charity items and not for personal use.
3. If you actually donate please use the code below and PM it to me so I can properly track it. Also I will use it to give proper credit and acclaim to your generosity.
4. While the priority of this Mad Charity will be for the Giveaway of popular rare items, common items will be accepted and be used for the Mad Charity. Also proper credit will be given as well.

[color=darkblue][size=11][u]My Donation to your Mad Charity[/u][/size][/color][color=gray][size=11]
[b]Username[/b]:
[b]Join Date[/b]:
[b]Item Donating (for)[/b]:
[b]Gold Donated to Mad Charity[/b]:
[b]Why are you Donating?[/b]:
[b]Do you wish to be acknowledged for your Donation?:[/b]
[b]Any other comments/praise/complaints you wish to share?[/b]:
[/size][/color]

Any and all donations will be tracked and recorded.
Anyone wishing to see how their donations are being used can PM Mecha-Professor. The requester will then be provided a itemized list and/or description on how it was donated. This way I hope to prevent any confusion or misunderstanding.
User Image

Items Donated to the Mad Charity:

Morrighu - Leviathan's Grace (Chest [x1]), (Gauntlets [x3]), Regalia of Ancient Fire (Mantle [x2]), (Vest [x3]), (Leggings [x2]); Red Octopus [x1], Lidless Demon Armor (Leggings) [x1]; Aquarium Background (Town) [x4]; Ocotopus (Red [x1]), (Blue [x1]), (Green [x5])

Devil_Tony_33 - Satin Hairbow, Red Fur-Trimmed Underwear, Green Velcro Sandals, Drill Bit, Gold Full Decal, Yellow Ink, Red Ink, Black Ink, Green Ink, Square Blox, Long Blox, Red L Blox

Gold Donated to the Mad Charity:

CrayoIa - 25,000g *Be sure to check out CrayoIa's GIFT Charity!

User Image

This is the entry in this Quest Journal thread where I will put those charities and fellow researches (questers) that are worthy of note and attention.

The Charities

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
A worthy charity in my opinion. Though be careful of random pirates jumping out and saying
"Arrr!" Nearly lost a few years of my life that way.

No longer a charity but a Hangout; never the less this place had good people and Shay, who started it is rather friendly. Be sure to drop by and say hi.

User Image

*Currently doing research on this Charity. Update coming soon!*

Fellow Researchers and Questers

Beware of the bunnies here...they can get....friendly..... *shudder*

If you wish to be put put in this entry please PM me, Professor Mordarm with your banner and/or code and I will set you up in my Journal.
User Image

This section will focus on the banners that advertise and announce the Mad Charity to my fellow Gaians.

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/charity-quests/professor-mordarm-s-mad-charity-and-giveaway-updated/t.37573423/][img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg263/Mordarm/BUTTON.png[/img]

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/charity-quests/professor-mordarm-s-mad-charity-and-giveaway-updated/t.37573423/][img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg263/Mordarm/MCButton.gif[/img]

Note of Interest
Due to my focus as a scientist and scholar, my skills with drawing implements are sadly lacking.
If you wish to donate art and/or your creative skills to my Quest Journal feel free to do so.
PM me with the subject: "Quest Journal Banner Art" and I will direct my attention to you.
Any assistance to my Quest Journal with be greatly appreciated. The Pass Code is Grunny.

Beloved Codger

11,725 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
*chews on the thread*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers