Oath of Rose 0.35416666666667 35.4% [ 34 ]
Oath of Banana 0.09375 9.4% [ 9 ]
I has a llama 0.3125 31.2% [ 30 ]
Bra 0.23958333333333 24.0% [ 23 ]
Total Votes:[ 96 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8037 8038 8039 > >> >>> »|

User Image
User Image

Ahoy thar matey and welcome to this here charity!

Before I say anything I must tell you that you should
read the entire first page.
This charity was made in order to help out with your quests and make your life on Gaia a bit easier. Everyone who applies to this charity will receive a donation! We give away gold, sealed envelopes, quest items and even avatar art! Rather than having hundreds of pages of bumps and emotes you'll find plenty of friendly faces ready to chat with you. We love having conversations here and meeting new friends to join in and have a great time with us.
I sincerely hope you enjoy your time here.
~ Yuji Ikaido

~ News and Announcements! ~

PERMANENT - It has come to our attention that people have been stealing the banners from this charity and using them to scam people.
This charity will never contact you through any account other than the one and only Captain Jacques.
As a reminder,
NEVER give out your password and check the URL of a site before you login. If you see anyone using the name/banners of this charity to try and scam you PLEASE report and ignore them.

11/01/09 - This thread is no longer a charity, however it will be kept open as a hangout for everyone who became friends here.

~ Old ~
02/01/09 - Shiver Me Timbers turns one year old!
To celebrate we have two new posts and major changes to the way we donate here.
Be sure to check out all of the new stuff!

01/20/09 - The Anniversary event has started!
Click Here or scroll down to the fifth post to participate in the event.

Important! - As part of the event we will be changing the donating system and will be clearing the log.
We will not be accepting any new applications until the event is over.

10/19/08 - The Halloween event has started!
Click Here or scroll down to the fifth post to participate in the event.

09/30/08 - 500k on page 5k?! o:
That's right. To commemorate five thousand pages the charity will be giving away 500k to a lucky person when the thread reaches page 5,000.
How will it be done? You will just have to stay and see. However it will not be going to the first poster and you will not have a chance to win unless you stay and chat.
So what are you waiting for?! Get to know some of the thread members!

07/18/08 - FrozenVine was added as crew. Woo!
03/17/08 - Art contest has ended and winners have been chosen.
The winner is Bara no Chikai!
The runner up is poojuice!
And third place goes to Auriga07!

03/08/08 - Bara no Chikai was added as crew. Salute!
02/01/08 - Charity was created! Woo!
User Image
The code must followed. If you break it once you will receive a warning. Break it twice and you will be forced to walk the plank! Those who have walked the plank will not be allowed to come back to this thread or receive a donation.

1. Follow the ToSUser Image

2. Follow the Forum's Rules and Guidelines

3. No Begging

If you want a donation fill out the form and chat.

4. No Advertising

Having a link in your post style counts as advertising.

5. Do Not Stretch the Page

If you want to post a large image provide a link instead.

6. No Bumping

Do not bump. This thread does not need bumping.

7. Respect the Crew and Thread Members

Should be self explanatory.

8. Literacy Greatly Preferred

We won't kill you for srsly's, but please don't overdo it.

9. Do Not Quote the First Page

Srsly, don't do it.

10. Do Not PM the Crew For Donations

If you have any questions or concerns about the giveaway PM Captain Jacques.

User Image

People who have walked the plank will not be named, however the actions they took to get themselves here will.
So far one person has had to walk the plank.

* Posting inappropriate images, ignoring a thread mod, and advertising.
User Image

User Image
User Image

Owner of this charity and overall lunatic. First became part of Gaia in August 2003. Can usually be found in the Charity/Quests subforum and the Questions and Assistance forum. I started this charity as a way to give back to the community i've spent so much time in. I've loved Gaia since I first joined and still do. I'm 21 years old and I spend most of my free time playing video games, watching anime, listening to music, and Gaia. I mostly play RPGs, but I also play a lot of strategy and shooter games. My favorite games would be Suikoden 2, Final Fantasy Tactics, and Chrono Cross. For the most part I enjoy talking about video games and Gaia. I hate drama and gigantic posting styles. I loves avi art.

User Image
User Image

Helper of this charity and overall sweetheart. *grins* That’s what you say when there's no relevant skills to put in that section. >w< Greetings and salutations, I be Seccy. I joined Gaia on the 10th of August 2007 so, yes, I'mma baybeh! ^^ I love it, I love the people in it (most of the time) and I love that I'm part of this. >w< I just turned eighteen nineteen [!!] on the 7th of April although I'm still in highschool (long story) and my hobbies are reading, singing, writing, reading, and meeting people. I have very low tolerance for chatspeak so literacy is loved and treasured. And art!! I'mma addicted to getting avvie & OC art. xDD Please don't be alarmed when I get randomly hyper or crazy -- that's quite normal for me. And oh! If you like Korean/Taiwanese/Japanese drama, feel free to tell me your favorites!! *is currently obsessed with Boys Over Flowers the Korean Drama. <33 ^^ Also, do feel free to ask me any questions and I will try to help in any way I can. I look forward to meeting and getting to know you you all and striking up a wonderful friendship! ~ <33

User Image
User Image

Helper of this charity and goddess of pixelated fashion. I'm the one who's picky about colors. Just call me Bara for short; only really good friends are allowed to give me other nicknames. <3 I joined Gaia at October 22, 2003. Actually I joined sometime during August 2003, but I got lost. °_° Anyways, I'm an artist being tortured by endless demands that I cannot keep up with. (Crazy people!) I can be found in the CB, GCD, my threads, my friends' threads, and my guilds. My birthday is March 30, 1990, so you can figure out what my age is by that. I am more tolerable to n00bs, but I do know when a rule is broken. ¬_¬ I love video games, cartoons, and comics! Probably why I stuck to digital art. *o* If the game, video, or drawings have sucky graphics, it does not exist in my world. Music's good too. Composition and vocals (if there are any) must be good or I will make a sour face or fall asleep. =_= Lastly, you don't draw me avi art; I draw j00. ^o^

User Image
User Image

Helper of this charity and mercenary for hire. I joined Gaia late in September 2005, my most memorable moments being with my good friends that I met shortly after I joined. Nowadays I mainly hang around a few of my friends threads, pop into the Q&A sporadically, and mess around with my avi. If it wasn't for friends, I wouldn't be on Gaia. I enjoy the events/games/items/story lines/etc., but I really enjoy the friendships. I'm 19 years old and I'm really into music, video games, biking, and sports, so if I'm not on Gaia, I'm most likely doing something related to those things. Things that annoy me: People that don't read/follow the rules, bad literacy, rudeness, and immaturity.

User Image
User Image

Mule of this charity. Arrhh!! I be the captain of this ship! I better not hear any one eyed or peg leg jokes from the lot of ye or it be the plank with ya! waaark!! the plank! the plank! Shut up Polly! Ahhrr... anyway seeing as how yer here you'll be seeing a lot of me. All charity business will be taken to me. If ye be havin' a donation or be wantin' some of my booty ye need to go through me. The Captain! Just so ya know the pass code ye be needin' further down the page is Fiddler Crab. In my free time I enjoy drinkin' rum, singin' ole pirate tails about Davy Jones and his locker, drinkin' more rum and sayin' arrrhhh...... arr...
User Image
We will be accepting applications all month long every month. On the last day of the month donations will be sent to every applicant. Everyone who applies to this charity will receive a donation! All you have to do is successfully fill out an application and you are guaranteed a donation. Once donations have been sent the log is cleared and we will begin accepting applications again. The size of your donation is determined by your activity in this thread for that month. The more active you are the more we'll donate to you. Remember, bumping/spam is not tolerated here. You must chat! This thread is a hangout, a place to meet new friends, not a place to spam. You may apply to this charity as many times as you want. Just follow the following steps to apply and receive a larger donation.
If you are having trouble answering any of the questions be sure to
read the entire first page.

• Fill Out the FormCopy the code and answer everything as throughly as you can. Let us know all there is to know about you.
    PM THE FORM TO CAPTAIN JACQUES
    . Anyone who posts their form will not be considered for a donation.

• Quest Threads HelpYou do not need a quest thread to apply, but it shows us you're serious about questing and leaves us with a good impression of you, especially if you put a lot of effort into it.

• Stay and ChatThis is not necessary to receive a donation, but the longer you're here and the more you talk to us the more we'll feel like donating to you.

• Check the Log For Your NameWhen the Captain receives your form your name will be added to the log.
    The log can be found here. > The Captain's Log <

User Image

This thread is no longer a charity.
User Image
Arts tiem! Who needs silly gold when you can have an artist immortalize your beautiful or dashing avatar for all eternity? Well now Shiver Me Timbers! will be commissioning artists to draw our most beloved thread regulars as well as shower them with piles of gold! Every month we will feature an artist and at the end of that month commission them to draw an active or outstanding charity applicant! All you have to do to be eligible is apply to the charity and stick around. At the end of the month the Captain will ask the chosen applicant for the avatar they would like to have drawn and send it over to the artist ASAP. Then as soon as the artist finishes the commission we'll send you your art!
Please do not PM the artist! If you would like to commission them on your own then visit their shop.

This Month's Featured Artist

--

What You'll Get:
--

Samples:
--

Shop:
--

Will Draw:
--

Won't Draw:
--

User Image
User Image

In honor of one of the greatest charities and best hangouts this forum has to offer, The Sealed Envelope Giveaway, we will be giving away five sealed envelopes on the first of every month to five charity regulars.
Every month the crew will decide who the most active thread members are and reward them with a sealed envelope!

User Image

This month's winners:

This event is currently on hold.

Past winners:

October 08 - i know something, Dragondude3, Uchiha Kotora, karaSu nekoS, Snowdrop the Pirate
November 08 - Maja81, OneInMillion, Dragondude3, Guardian Arlen, Syrshamiel
December 08 - Kiyoske Dante, Razaera, Tainted Candy, Addiction_Caterd, Maja81
January 09 - Bisuketto, TSG Shay, Skye River, P0RNC0RN, mattmagician
February 09 - Appeal, Maja81, Professor Mordarm, The Angel Demona, Prince Gizmo
March 09 - TSG Shay, Tainted Candy, Addiction_Caterd, Syrshamiel, Dragondude3
April 09 - The Real Bright Eyes, po0kii3, Lavi, Airashii Kasumi, Seiorai
May 09 - Zephyr Aryn, The Real Bright Eyes, Gin-Gin_version2, Syrshamiel, Airashii Kasumi
June 09 - poojuice, TSG Shay, Bara no Chikai, secriden, Syrshamiel
July 09 - Gin-Gin_version2, Deviantai, Skye River, FrozenVine, Dragondude3
User Image
Polls, polls, polls. Polls are one of the greatest inventions of mankind used to find out what the public opinion is on all of the world's most serious issues like "What is the best hamburger?" and "Who's the hottest celebrity?". So why don't we have a poll here in Shiver Me Timbers!? Well now we do! We'd like to know what the members of this thread think about issues that have been plaguing our minds so we've set up a poll to find out. Every week we'll put up a new question for you to vote on and tell us what you think. So what are you waiting for? Scroll back up to the top of the page and vote!

Last Poll's Results

User Image

An archive of all previous polls can be found here.

Future Questions
We'd also like to know what questions you'd like to get the public opinion on
so feel free to suggest new ones in the thread and maybe your question will be the next one to go up!

Here is a list of all possible questions for the future:

How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
User Image
All the booty taken from this charity:

2008 Donations
Morrighu - 10k, the_silverose - 10k, Maja81 - 100k, Ganymede Mj - 10k, Morde - 10k, Professor Mordarm - 100k, The_Human_Raziel - Scar of Hero, I_R_Jedi_Master - 10k, Blije - 10k, Syrtis-Carweiss - 150k, The Angel Demona - 50k, [-General-] - 10k, Code Violet - 11k, Bara no Chikai - Thank You Letter For April 2007, poojuice - Thank You Letter For June 2007, 3k, Auriga07 - Thank You Letter For May 2007, bunniluver - 2k, xTimBurton - 1k, slowtrain - 2k, dreamsk - 1k, Thank You Letter For May 2008, Chibi_rozen - 1k, pixiedust867 - 10k, hohyah_ - 10k, Gin-Gin_version2 - 50k, ashleyapathyy - 10k, k!tten. - 10k, FrozenVine - 650k, SoulSummoner - 100k, Tainted Snowflake - 50k, Everlasting Smiles - 10k, Raida-Tenba - 50k, youkoonna - 10k, TheVampireJesse - 10k, Shoujo124 - 10k, CherryBlossom112 - 10k, Quel Dommage - 100k, The Infamous Eternal Doom - 20k, moosespitz - 20k, i know something - 200k, GacktGirl - 50k, Dragondude3 - 200k, Remoria - 10k, Jiji Velocity - 10k, Hajima Hotaru - 20k, la chatte Kiwi - 20k, ChaosStart - 50k, Bruxinha_sorridente - 10k, x-wild-eyes-x - 20k, xXPinkGumDropxX - 20k, Uchiha Kotora - 10k, Fea Line - 10k, Hiriyou - 100k, Uchiha Kotora - 20k, Kibrika - 20k, selcross - 10k, Caladom - 100k, Hotarla - 20k, Snowdrop the Pirate - 20k, karaSu nekoS - 20k, Kiyoske Dante - 50k, Razaera - 20k
February 2009 Donations
Maja81 - 50k, Professor Mordarm - 50k and Art by Hyde!, DrOctogonopus - 5k, Tainted Candy - 30k, iScwuffy - 1k, rune120 - 5k, Prince Gizmo - 30k, Addiction_Caterd - 30k, Death Resurrected - 10k, Pinkuu Kiraa - 1k, `Necrophile Delight - 5k, P0RNC0RN - 10k, Le Selcouth - 25k, Mallow Cat - 5k, po0kii3 - 25k, IV Ulquiorra_Schiffer - 15k, BloodDragon15 - 5k, Daai-chan - 5k, skull52 - 10k, Devil_Tony_33 - 5k, Dread Pirate IV - 1k, Houra - 1k, Uchiha Kotora - 5k, kitsune665 - 1k, Syrshamiel - 30k, Llama Love Charity - 1k, Lord Hebi-chan - 1k, Mr JVN - 1k, Arisa Sakanoue - 1k
March 2009 Donations
Technicoloured Panda - 1k, po0kii3 - 50k, Tenzrai - 1k, Maja81 - 50k, IV Ulquiorra_Schiffer - 25k, P0RNC0RN - 10k, Numidia - 1k, The Real Bright Eyes - 50k and Art by Seorai!, Socos - 1k, Lavi - Full body dye set, Insanity Awakened 18 - 1k, Tainted Candy - 1k, SinfulGaze - 25k, Lost Anastasia Starz - 1k, Airashii Kasumi - 30k, xTAYL0Rx - 1k, zealot neo - 20k, Renee the Rabid Squirrel - 10k, PiaZoe001 - 1k, Zephyr Aryn - 15k, God Is A PopStar - 1k, [-Laydee~Skittles-] - 1k, aolani_0690 - 1k, Frenchie the Ninja Pirate - 1k
April 2009 Donations
Renee the Rabid Squirrel - 10k, Zephyr Aryn - 50k, rune120 - 1k, po0kii3 - 10k, Ashelina Jolie - 1k, Messenger_Of_The_Moon - 1k, Da 1 N Only BCG - 1k, The Great Pedagogue - 1k, zealot neo - 2k, skull52 - 5k, The Real Bright Eyes - 50k, Maja81 - 10k, Syrshamiel - 50k and Art by Bara no Chikai!, Gin-Gin_version2 - 50k, Airashii Kasumi - 30k, Dark Seraphim Seth - 20k, daughtK - 5k, Lord Hebi-chan - 5k
May 2009 Donations
Prostiboots - 50k, Zephyr Aryn - 50k, Airashii Kasumi - 50k, Renee the Rabid Squirrel - 50k, Maja81 - 50k and Art by Clytia Voi Mist, po0kii3 - 50k, Lord Hebi-chan - 50k, Jadegreenjr - 10k
June 2009 Donations
Precritical Endothelium - 1k, drakokatze - 5k, Menelie - 1k, zealot neo - 10k, [Penny.for.your.pants] - 10k, Gin-Gin_version2 - 30k, Lady Callie G - 5k, Raily - 1k, Rey Shot - 1k, Clouded Silver - 1k, Deviantai - 30k, You are Fail - 1k, Lord Hebi-chan - 5k, Prostiboots - 15k, Maja81 - 30k
July 2009 Donations
reaper57589 - 5k, Shad-chan - 5k, I dorki cookii monster I - 1k, xNessaxFelagundx - 5k, Devil_Tony_33 - 1k, `My Little p***s` - 10k, Lord Hebi-chan - 1k, Po0kii3 - 1k, Gin-Gin_version2 - 30k and Art by [ RenRen ], Prostiboots - 10k, whitevileye - 1k, zealot neo - 10k
August 2009 Donations
sab454 - 1k, Maja81 - 30k, Duchess of Tamponville - 10k, The Real Bright Eyes - 50k, Le Tecktonik - 1k, Gin-Gin_version2 - 30k, Skye River - Avatar Art by shin_ai

September 2009 Donations
fireykaigurl - 1k, Kaelel - 30k, Zephyr Aryn - 30k, - Zilithion - - 30k, Devil_angel_me - 1k, TheVampireFairy x3 - 1k, Tibbett - 5k, zealot neo - 10k, Namie Kamui - 1k, Nikki Sky - 30k, Syrshamiel - 30k

User Image

Any and all donations for the charity should be sent to Captain Jacques.

Hypno-chan - 100k User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
ChaosStart - Banners. ^_^ User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The_Angel_Raziel - Feb 08, Mecha Form, 16,311g User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Bara no Chikai - Banner User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Code Violet - 15k
.xTeenage Dirtbagx. - 1k
HoaHongDen- - 10k
Kuarri - 50k
atrixa - 20k
FS-Chan - 100k
MachaGirl - Plasma Gear
wandering_soul1 - DandiiDooDad Spore 2nd Gen.
silentxphantom - 520g
queen_estaflow - 100k
The Real Huey Freeman - Plasma Gear, Sun Staff, 67,894g
Shmooze - 12k
Miss Elvy - 2k
fuzic - Feb 08, CoCo Kitty Plushie, KiKi Kitty Plushie User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Rock_DS - Angel Imp Plushie
[ s u p e r ] - Too many items to list and 3,107,633g User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Macabeak - Hermes Moon 11th Gen. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Lykaios Theta - 1k
Zoraida - 450k and several items User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Santuh Clause - Dec 06 x 4
glowtastic - 1.5k
Gin-Gin_version2 - 50k
JiJi Velocity - Nov 08 and 10k
Lavi - mUltipants, A LOT OF MULTIPANTS!
Marletto - 1,000k User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.37369303/]
[img]http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/cjacques08/charitybutton.png[/img][/url]

User Image

[img]http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/cjacques08/charitybanner.png[/img][/url]

User Image

Banner by ChaosStart.

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.37369303]
[img]http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/cjacques08/Shivver.gif[/img][/url]

User Image

Banner by ChaosStart.

[img]http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/cjacques08/Shiver.gif[/img][/url]

User Image

Banner by Bara no Chikai.

[img]http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/cjacques08/smt200x100_by_bc.gif[/img][/url]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff