Welcome to Gaia! ::

Well, first of all, typing is easier, considering not all of us have that great of penmanship. Also, writers just transitioned from the pencil/pen and paper to computers, since our society is constantly changing.

I'm not sure if this is all right, but I think typing is also easier on your hands...
Yeah, you really don't want to see my handwriting. There's insanity in them there scrawlings. Last time I handed in a written report they had to call in a chicken-to-english translator. I once sent a teacher into cardiac arrest simply from the fact that my a's, o's, e's and u's all look exactly the same. You get the idea... my handwriting sucks.
That took me longer to decipher than reading txt tlk. neutral If you're going to hand-write something to share with the internet, at least make an effort to make it halfway legible. Lined paper and black ink would be a good place to start.

And no, I'm not digging my scanner and/or camera out for you.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

In addition, individuality in handwriting should not be your only indication of individuality. Your VOICE, as in how you write and what you say, expresses more of your individuality than how you write with a pen.
Actually it does matter what my handwriting looks like, very much so. When I write with a pen people see my handwriting and think I'm unintelligent (or worse, male). They don't pay much attention to what I say. When I type something out on the computer people only see my words and the meanings behind them. Much better. domokun
Page stretching images ftw.

Due to a handwriting that has never been great, typing is easier for others to read.

If I'm writing something, I have a 80% chance I need to edit it. How much paper do you think I end up going through by editing?

Even if my type speed was slower than my hand writing, I'd still spend less time typing than writing simply because I do edit a lot.

I do however believe that people should learn how to handwrite.

Actually, my use of type or hand-writing has to do with my mood!
    And if I've a computer nearby.

Also, this is the internet. Where you type. It's a hassle to write, photo/scan and post.

Yes, hand-writing is a more personal thing, but sometimes it is illegible. Example: sometimes, I can only write in minute size text. Others, I find that ability totaly null, and I must use huge, unreadable scrawl.
I'm simply saying that many people associate messy handwriting with males, and sloppy handwriting with four-year-olds. That's just the way people see it, I can't change that.

Also, I don't think you getting just how bad my handwriting is. They did tests when I was little and found some of the muscles in my hands aren't aligned like they're meant to be. My handwriting is truly horrific. (Oddly enough, my artistic skills aren't half-bad. Go figure.)

I like my handwriting. No, it is not the annoying girly circular cursive with the big hearts for dots. I HATE that kind of writing. Mine is in fact quite messy with some stylistic letters. In fact, I can't write cursive for s**t. I don't even use cursive for my signature because I hate cursive so much.

My writos are not because I am a bad speller, in fact, I'm a GOOD speller, it's just that I write so fast and letters are so similar in structure to each other that I may often write one letter instead of another. Notice in the word "begacuse" "because" I wrote a G instead of a C. After I wrote A, I realized my mistake and wrote C without thinking. Yes, that's the way my mind works.

The reason why I don't have such mistakes in typing is because I don't have to form the letters.

Despite my 1337 artist skillz, my single lines* are actually very, very messy. I can't draw a straight or a proper curved line for s**t. I have to repeat the same light swift stroke on itself in order to make a nice line, which is something I can't do with handwriting because it takes so long.

* "Single line" here means the line is made with only one, dark stroke.

Camera skills make a difference too. I can't read most of your third reply, the picture's so dark and blurry.
WHAT IF I DIDN'T HAVE ANY HANDS?! BLAAAAAH I'm gonna go get a sandwich before I start cursing from hunger and do something I regret.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff