Welcome to Gaia! ::

People commenting on their avatar-building process?

I'm fascinated. 0.42857142857143 42.9% [ 3 ]
I'm interested. 0.57142857142857 57.1% [ 4 ]
I'm fine. 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
I'm bored. 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
I'm greedy. (Gold and Plat) 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 7 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Muusu's Honey Bun

Fashionable Bunny

26,200 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
OMFG - I'm actually making this. burning_eyes

About

My name is Jais, also known as Hekiko here on Gaia. I make a lot of avatars. Not as many as I used to, but too many to contain them all in a single gallery thread. Hence this digest of favorite looks plus other avatar related stuff.

Contents

1. About
2. Recent Highlights
3. Flashbacks
4. Upcoming (Projects & Obsessions)
5. Ghostbook
6. Links
7. Ratings & Challenges
8. Discussion

gaia_bunny

Updates 2023-07-22

Nano - C Completed
Color-scheming Avatars (12 of them!)
New Poll Question

gaia_bunny

Last Poll Results

You have to build an avatar using an item. What counts?

The item should be the main focus. 10.0% [ 3 ]
The item should be important, but it doesn't have to be the star. 30.0% [ 9 ]
The item should at least be visible. 20.0% [ 6 ]
It's on the equip list. It counts. 16.7% [ 5 ]

Gold and platinum count more. 23.3% [ 7 ]

Total Votes: [ 30 ]

Muusu's Honey Bun

Fashionable Bunny

26,200 Points
  • Master Converter 500

2022 Honorable Mentions

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

gaia_bunny

Most Recent

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

gaia_bunny

Top 10 2022

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Muusu's Honey Bun

Fashionable Bunny

26,200 Points
  • Master Converter 500
Flashbacks

Top 10s from years back and remakes.

Top 10 2021

Top 10 2020

Top 10 2017

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Top 10 2016

Top 10 2015

Top 10 2014

Top 10 2013
I made over 1000 avatars in 2013. eek gonk burning_eyes

Remakes:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Muusu's Honey Bun

Fashionable Bunny

26,200 Points
  • Master Converter 500
Upcoming (Projects & Obsessions)
Current EI:
Nano-C
Zodiacal

Current REI:

Freeform Projects:
Color Scheming
Remakes
SD Plus Dolls

Item(s) of the Moment: User Image User Image + recolors

Muusu's Honey Bun

Fashionable Bunny

26,200 Points
  • Master Converter 500
Ghostbook

Feel free to play in my inventory, and I'll play in yours as well.

Ghosting you:

Quote me with your ID for a ghost. (Only open when the avatar builder is up)
[quote="Hekiko]Ghost me![/quote]

Completed
Made you look!

Ghosting me:

My Ghost ID: 63590
If I end up wearing a variation on a ghost, I'll have a process post here.

Favorites

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. - by counselortroi

Adapted version: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. - by Muusu

Adapted version: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. - by Ichigo Arerugi

Adapted version:User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Muusu's Honey Bun

Fashionable Bunny

26,200 Points
  • Master Converter 500
Links

Full Lookbook Guide:

The Front Page Looks: Hall of Fame The top 10 avatars (as decided by me) of years past, as well as other iconic avatars from years that didn't have a top 10. Low interpretation.

Theoretically: The Every EI/REI Challenge Archive Thread An ongoing exhibit of avatars made from Evolving Items and Rapid Evolving Items. The oldest entries are from 2013, and new avatars are still being added. Low interpretation.

RIP: An MC Archive Thread (2013-2017) A completed, low-interpretation exhibit of avatars created using poses from Gaia's Monthly Collectibles starting from 2013 to 2017 (when Gaia stopped releasing new monthly collectibles).

I make what I want! - Freeform Avis What it says on the tin. A collection of avis that aren't for any category except I felt like making them. Low interpretation.

Materialistic: Item Based Avatars A low-interpretation exhibit centered around avatars sets inspired by a common item. This may include using multiple recolors of an item, different poses in the same item, or items from the same event set.

The S.D. Plus Hall of Dolls A low interpretation, in process exhibit centered around poses created from the SD Plus dolls. The doll pose used in the avatar is posted next to it. It's very likely the format will change as more avatars are created.

Try Me! Contests and Challenges Self-Imposed or Otherwise A high-interpretation exhibit containing avatars created for challenges and contests. Description of the challenge or contest brief is given as is commentary for how the avatar was created to fit those criteria.

The Ghosts with the Most A high-interpretation exhibit where ghosts other users have done for me are reinterpreted into actual avatars. Easily the most in depth commentary as far as what items were used, and how and why things changed between the original ghost and the final avatar.

Color Scheming A high-interpretation exhibit where avatars are made based on color scheme combos. Commentary on working with the combos, their difficulties, and suggested blending combos are given.

WERK it! Runway Avatars A low-interpretation exhibit of avatars submitted for Gaia's Runway. Not much more to say.

Avatars: The Remakes A collection of past avatars remade into more current styles. Avatars remade before 2021 do not have commentary. From 2021 forward, commentary is given.

Avatars for Every Season A low-interpretation of avatars created to celebrate seasons or holidays. Or in the case of summer....cursing heat waves.

Characters, Concepts and Cosplays A low-commentary, oft-neglected exhibit for the rare concept or character based avatars. Cosplay is also included here.

The Hall of Vintage Avatars Avatars created prior to the guild that don't fall under the Monthly Collectibles or EI challenge Exhibits. Still under construction but most avatars from 2013-2014 are included. Context is given where remembered, but otherwise, low interpretation.

A Small Corner of 2019 Avatars No so much an exhibit as a locked archive of avatars created just as I was coming off of my 2017-2019 hiatus. Low Interpretation

Behind the Avatar: Process Walkthroughs Process walkthroughs of a select few avatars in detail, including exact items equipped. Maybe I will add general building process notes in the future.

Hekiko's Ghost Book I occasionally ghost other people, and other people occasionally ghost me.

In Which Avatars Do Not Deserve This Level of Thought I get meta about avatars and avatar adjacent things, but in a somewhat pointless way.

Lookbook Poll Results An archive of poll results from my avatar thread.

Other Galleries:

TBD

Muusu's Honey Bun

Fashionable Bunny

26,200 Points
  • Master Converter 500
Ratings & Challenges

Ratings:

Ask for 1 of these:

• Seraph - I give a 1-10 rating on your current avatar with an honest comment.
  • Cherub - Post three avatars and I'll tell you which one I consider the highlight.
  • Ofanite - I'll tell you something about where I think your current avatar is going.
  • Elohite - I tell you what concept or style I think you're going for with your current avatar. (no numbers or critique, just a summary of what I see)
  • Malakite - I give you a very short story about the best or worst thing your current avatar did recently.
  • Kyriotate - Post three avatars and I'll point out the strongest commonality (as far as theme/style/etc)
  • Mercurian - Post an avatar and I will come up with a name or title for it.

gaia_bunny

Current Challenge:

Create an avatar that mixes two random color-schemes from this Color Scheme Mixer by utapri.

Challenge participants will be given a prize.

gaia_bunny

Past Challenges

Use 10 of your most used items, but not the poses that you usually use. Inspired by this thread.
Share your top 3 avatars of 2020.
Make a cosplay avatar that would fit in with your usual style.

Muusu's Honey Bun

Fashionable Bunny

26,200 Points
  • Master Converter 500
Discussions

Current Question

If asked to use a make use of a certain item in a challenge or contest, what counts? Does the item need to be front and center, or is it fine to just have it equipped and 'technically' visible?

gaia_bunny

Previous Questions

gaia_star How to rediscover your style after a hiatus.
gaia_star How do you pick your own best avatars? Do you use outside standards or just go with your
favorites?
gaia_star For avatar cosplay, rank the following in order of importance and explain why.
1. As visually accurate as possible
2. Nailing the character's vibe.
3. Using items creatively instead of just using the most obvious items.
4. Creating an avatar that looks good, even for people who don't get the reference.
gaia_star Do you like mixing separate color schemes? What do you think makes for a successful color scheme combination?

Muusu's Honey Bun

Fashionable Bunny

26,200 Points
  • Master Converter 500

Muusu's Honey Bun

Fashionable Bunny

26,200 Points
  • Master Converter 500

Muusu's Honey Bun

Fashionable Bunny

26,200 Points
  • Master Converter 500

Updated the flashback post. Despite 2013 having the most avatars, it was probably the easiest to choose a top 10 for.

(Also amused that 2013 had over 1000 avatars, 2014 had just over 300 and 2015 didn't even break 200.)

Trash Genius

i like dis emotion_dowant

your inventory is incredible, it's nice to see a variety of what you've done with it!

2013 was a good year for gaia from what i remember man. until gold gens.

Sparkly Strawberry

I seriously love like all of those, especially the remakes, some are just incredibly clever!

emotion_kirakira

Muusu's Honey Bun

Fashionable Bunny

26,200 Points
  • Master Converter 500
look out kokoro
i like dis emotion_dowant

your inventory is incredible, it's nice to see a variety of what you've done with it!

2013 was a good year for gaia from what i remember man. until gold gens.

Thank you. redface
2013 was a good time to get into avatars, artwise. A bad time for it economy-wise.

• • +<3 keep it up hun!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces