Welcome to Gaia! ::

People commenting on their avatar-building process?

I'm fascinated. 0.42857142857143 42.9% [ 3 ]
I'm interested. 0.57142857142857 57.1% [ 4 ]
I'm fine. 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
I'm bored. 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
I'm greedy. (Gold and Plat) 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 7 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Muusu's Honey Bun

Fashionable Bunny

26,200 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
Not ready with a full on avatar update, but I corrected the title with the last update date. Also...check out these tentacles. gaia_bunny

Fashionable Romantic

Your current avi is so odd but I love it. emotion_bigheart

Could I get a Seraph on my current avi please?

To answer your discussion question:
1. I think it's good to take stock of your inventory when you return from hiatus.
2. Have a look at the gold shops and at the MP in general (sort by lowest price) to see if there are items you're interested in for lower prices.
3. Take a look at the various guides out there and see if maybe you're into a particular colourscheme or theme or whatever.
4. Cliché but mess around and throw things together to work out what works out for you.

Muusu's Honey Bun

Fashionable Bunny

26,200 Points
  • Master Converter 500
Fatcat Overlord

1. I think it's good to take stock of your inventory when you return from hiatus.
2. Have a look at the gold shops and at the MP in general (sort by lowest price) to see if there are items you're interested in for lower prices.
3. Take a look at the various guides out there and see if maybe you're into a particular colourscheme or theme or whatever.
4. Cliché but mess around and throw things together to work out what works out for you.

Thank you. Getting the tentacles to blend into the face was harder than I thought it would be. Still not sure it worked 100%, but I'm mostly satisfied with the result.

gaia_bunny

Seraph - I give a 1-10 rating on your current avatar with an honest comment.

9/10. It's a beautiful scenic avatar, but I feel like it's missing something in the foreground to add depth. I'd suggest going for something atmospheric in the front, or something in the lower corner opposite the monkey to help draw the eye in more.

gaia_bunny

Those are some good tips. I think 1 and 4 are more important for people who have been on a shorter hiatus and just need a refresher, but people who haven't been on for 5+ years would get a lot out of 2 and 3 especially.

Fashionable Romantic

Hekiko
Fatcat Overlord

Thank you. Getting the tentacles to blend into the face was harder than I thought it would be. Still not sure it worked 100%, but I'm mostly satisfied with the result.

gaia_bunny

Seraph - I give a 1-10 rating on your current avatar with an honest comment.

9/10. It's a beautiful scenic avatar, but I feel like it's missing something in the foreground to add depth. I'd suggest going for something atmospheric in the front, or something in the lower corner opposite the monkey to help draw the eye in more.

gaia_bunny

Those are some good tips. I think 1 and 4 are more important for people who have been on a shorter hiatus and just need a refresher, but people who haven't been on for 5+ years would get a lot out of 2 and 3 especially.

Well, I don't think it's perfectly blended but I love that it's there and just adds to the weirdness.

Thank you, I agree that it feels like I need something. Originally wanted to add another money but none of the ones I have in my invo (read: not a lot) have worked so far. I also tried a few other companions but they turned out weird. The search continues.

Yeah, I definitely feel like 2 and 3 would be good for people who haven't come back in a long time because there are so many recolours out there and so many new items coming out all the time.

EDIT: I added a little monkey (there weren't any darker recolours of this one), what do you think?

Muusu's Honey Bun

Fashionable Bunny

26,200 Points
  • Master Converter 500
Fatcat Overlord

EDIT: I added a little monkey (there weren't any darker recolours of this one), what do you think?

Definite improvement there. That monkey gives a lot of life to the scene where as before it was a very pretty but static set waiting for something to happen. gaia_bunny

Fashionable Romantic

Hekiko
Fatcat Overlord

Definite improvement there. That monkey gives a lot of life to the scene where as before it was a very pretty but static set waiting for something to happen. gaia_bunny

Thank you! My only wish is that the monkey was either more of a creamy caramel colour or a brown like the other one on the side. emotion_facepalm

Timid Backpacker

Your avis are so good! ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Muusu's Honey Bun

Fashionable Bunny

26,200 Points
  • Master Converter 500
LiebeLau

Your avis are so good! ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Thank you. gaia_bunny

Muusu's Honey Bun

Fashionable Bunny

26,200 Points
  • Master Converter 500

New avatars! Most of The Experiment REI, runway entries, and some freeforms to close out a post or two.

gaia_bunny

Muusu's Honey Bun

Fashionable Bunny

26,200 Points
  • Master Converter 500
Two observations on The Experiment REI. First, the poses on the item are in reverse order. Second, grouping all the similar small handheld poses at the end does nothing for momentum.

gaia_bunny

Muusu's Honey Bun

Fashionable Bunny

26,200 Points
  • Master Converter 500

Finished off the Experiment and did what I could with the 12 days of Christmas Items this year.

New poll, discussion, and challenge based on my yearly tradition of choosing my top 10 avatars and my own general tendency to self judge.

gaia_bunny

Muusu's Honey Bun

Fashionable Bunny

26,200 Points
  • Master Converter 500

Did my final avatars for 2020 and the top 10 and stuff. I thought I'd make more, but Stardew Valley 1.5 dropped and....priorities. gaia_bunny

Also, this is very satisfying for me:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Happy New Year! emotion_rainbow

Muusu's Honey Bun

Fashionable Bunny

26,200 Points
  • Master Converter 500
Small update with all the avatars I've done since 2021. So like...ten.

I spent the last part of January and most of February with this account on permaban (was apparently hacked?). So that was fun.

Muusu's Honey Bun

Fashionable Bunny

26,200 Points
  • Master Converter 500
Updated avatars for Nano-C and ANCH villager cosplay, new poll, new discussion question.

Quick answer: 2, 4, 1, 3. If it hits the right vibe that the character is recognizable and it looks cool, then I feel like it's a successful cosplay. The other two are nice to have but not essential.

gaia_bunny

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces