Oooh! A Poll!

Shiny! 1 100.0% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 9 ]

Charitable Fairy

15,500 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Citizen 200
I have purchased the required amount of GCash and have checked the box to turn off ads, but they keep popping up. My phone doesn't like ads, or maybe likes them too much... when I try to go to the Cash Shop, it skips right over the CS and displays only the ad emotion_donotwant

Is this a glitch, or is Gaia no longer honoring their deal of "no ads if you buy GCash"?

If it's a glitch, does anyone have a link to where I should report it? (I don't know if there is a thread for this or if I have to file a ticket or what??)

Thank you to anyone who can help me ^_^

Tipsy Explorer

33,350 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Clockwork Pest Control 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
FairieGodMother

Quote:
Disable Ads:
Buy an item worth at least 249 GC to unlock this option.

If no item has been bought that's your problem. After purchase of an item(s) totalling at least 249GC, you'll be able to block ads.

Charitable Fairy

15,500 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Citizen 200
Mister Noh Bahdi
FairieGodMother

Quote:
Disable Ads:
Buy an item worth at least 249 GC to unlock this option.

If no item has been bought that's your problem. After purchase of an item(s) totalling at least 249GC, you'll be able to block ads.

Thank you for your reply smile This is good info for people who are new to buying/using GCash, but doesn't really apply to me. I've been a Supporter of Gaia since back in the Donation Letters days whee

I have had the "no ads" checked ever since they put that in place (it used to be automatic when you bought at least one Donation Letter during the month).

In the current timeline, I have continued to purchase more than the minimum amount of GCash as well as spend the minimum with GCash... but the stupid ads still pop up. emotion_donotwant
On my mule accounts (on which I do not buy GCash), I have to deal with the blasted ads every time I try to go look at something in the Cash Shop on that account. Now I'm having that problem with this, my Main account. It ranges from ads in regular ad spots to being transported to the ad site- away from Gaia- to Apps popping up (like the extremely intrusive old-fashioned "pop-up" ads, which are a thing of the past for most people who don't use IE any longer). The thing with the ads popping up on this account is new... maybe about a week or two now, and the "teleport ads" and Apps Pop-ups only happen when I try to go into the Cash Shop. (The "teleport" ads and pop-up Apps also only occur on my mule accounts when I try to go into the Cash Shop, and have been doing that for months). This is especially irksome now because with Tektek gone, I need to go into the Cash Shop to see just how much an item costs with GCash, check the number of units available on Limited items, and sometimes just to find the names of the newer items.

The ads don't just show up when I go to the Cash Shop; they show up anywhere that there's a spot for an ad sad
And for some unknown reason, half are in English and half are in Spanish. That part really doesn't make sense LOL!

So, I guess what I need to know now is: Do I file a ticket, or is this a bug that should be reported in the Bug thread? I rarely have technical issues, so I'm not familiar with the process sweatdrop

Again, thanks in advance to anyone who can help me... especially if you have a link to where I need to report this emotion_kirakira

Tipsy Explorer

33,350 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Clockwork Pest Control 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
FairieGodMother

You're welcome. I have also been around for a very long time, but had seen some still make the mistake of not having their box checked. The issue in which you speak sounds to be the same as ones I've seen in the past. Such as here and here. Notice the dates of those posts. sweatdrop

I may be wrong but I believe some Gaians are hit by this issue at random and since the numbers are low, the issue has not been tackled. The only thing I can suggest is perhaps bringing the issue up in the one thread I know has gotten Zero Omega's attention concerning it. That link can be found here.

Perhaps while there you should post the far older examples above to make it clear that these have been reoccurring issues since no later than 2012. I'm not sure if they understand that.

I wish you luck in finding a resolution to the issue.

Oh, filing a ticket couldn't hurt as if they do fix the problem all you would have to do is close the ticket.

Charitable Fairy

15,500 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Citizen 200
Mister Noh Bahdi
FairieGodMother

You're welcome. I have also been around for a very long time, but had seen some still make the mistake of not having their box checked. The issue in which you speak sounds to be the same as ones I've seen in the past. Such as here and here. Notice the dates of those posts. sweatdrop

I may be wrong but I believe some Gaians are hit by this issue at random and since the numbers are low, the issue has not been tackled. The only thing I can suggest is perhaps bringing the issue up in the one thread I know has gotten Zero Omega's attention concerning it. That link can be found here.

Perhaps while there you should post the far older examples above to make it clear that these have been reoccurring issues since no later than 2012. I'm not sure if they understand that.

I wish you luck in finding a resolution to the issue.

Oh, filing a ticket couldn't hurt as if they do fix the problem all you would have to do is close the ticket.

Thank you so much for all your help! emotion_hug

Through the links you provided, I was able to follow a trail that led me to a thread that had some info from Zero Omega posted.

If anyone else is seeing ads when they should be turned off, please refer to the following thread. I would suggest reading the info and posting the issues you are having. I think that the more people who come forward regarding this issue, the more resources Gaia will put on fixing the problem. People who spend real money on the site are Gaia's bread and butter, so the Admin should want to keep those people happy (one would think, especially since Gaia seems to be more about money than anything else these days 😒 ).

Ads Won't Stop Even Though I Have Paid to Turn Them Off

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces