In a relationship with b e a r y t o r t e

Thirteenth Prophet

18,850 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Healer 50
I like them. the forum wars is kinda..eh...but contracts are winning

Shapeshifter

I really like the idea for forum titles. Especially if they had something like 'pro vendor' or something.

And the contract system would be insanely useful for people like me who frequently buy art. But I think it might be a little bit confusing for some people to understand. Maybe if you guys simplified it a little.

The last suggestion, I'm not too keen on at all. It's just my personal opinion. It seems like it would lead to arguments and flame wars and just straight up bullying. I'd rather not see that. It's painful enough when you have stuff like </3 in threads and people being hurt by it. The forum wars seems too much like a popularity contest. Maybe if it was just strictly a game, I'd be in more favor for it.

Overall, I am happy to see that you guys are coming up with some new and interesting ideas for the site!

Patriotic Prophet

Forum titles - yes. There'd have to be a hell of a lot of titles though, as people would quickly tire of seeing the same old ones. And Perhaps an option to block them if others don't want to see them, the way we can with signatures.

Contract for art - yes.

Rindul's Fav

Shady Shapeshifter

23,100 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Sounds like forum titles would be like a ranking system (may be fun in association with achievments too)

and as with achievements, (as you collect more you can choose which ever you want to be displayed) would we be able to choose which title would be displayed? or is it not collecting titles, but rather just passing through them as you advance?

as for the contract system, definately a must...i don't have an art shop or buy arts, but i know that would be VERY useful for those who do

the forum wars deosn't make much sense to me....i can see it getting real old, real fast...like the <3 system (although the <3 system makes more sense, it's still a bit pointless as people like to just vote for the hell of it and not really because there is anything to like/dislike in the thread itself)

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

14,950 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
★★★★★

If the Forum Titles thing doesn't take a lot of work, sure. But only if it doesn't take a lot of work.
People have been asking for new Achievements.

The Contract System would be useful in certain forums, if implemented correctly.

Dev time would be better spent on a new Inventory Arranger than Forum Wars.
When it gets dark enough, you can see the stars
--Lee Stalk

★★★★★

[br][/br]

azphyxxxiate's Girlfriend

Spoopy Bat

Contract system: I like the idea of the contracts themselves, especially as an accountability tool. If this could be initiated as a post style, a post insert or in our drop-down toolbars as an option, or even something we could do as part of the trade system, I would be all for it. But not the listing part of it. Threads are a necessary part of the art community.

Forum Wars and Titles: These sound like an utter waste of time. I see no point to it, other than encouraging negative behavior.

If you guys are so determined to spend dev time on other projects, why not go for something useful? Like a banking system. Or a customizable layering system.

Sex Symbol

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I kind of like the idea of the forum titles, and I like the contract system idea too. Not a fan of the others.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

For Jonron's Compadre

Hopeless Trash

21,650 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
I like forum titles! And art contracts for those who like to get art. Although, I'd get more art if there was an art shop directory!!
Forum wars, although a cool concept, doesn't strike me as anything I'd use.

For Jonron's Compadre

Hopeless Trash

21,650 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
b e a r y t o r t e
Forum Titles: I think this is an extremely bad idea. Consider the out of control elitism and trolling this would surely initiate before you waste valuable dev time on it please.

How so? I'm just curious, since I've never seen the titles on other forum sites cause elitism or trolling.
The art contract idea/project would have to be the best of the three not that I have anything big against the other two. It's just that it'd be nice to search artist that way for art and it seems like it could be really convenient. The forum titles could be fun at first too but that'd just kinda fade. I'd get bored of it pretty fast and slowly make it just one of those things that's just there if that makes sense. I'm not sure I'd really go for the war thing at all, not really my thing kinda seems like a waste of time. Though it could be fun, can't hate it before I've tried it. I say go for it, they're all nice ideas/concepts. As long as you dont stop your current projects for them which you said you weren't going to; I approve.
emotion_yatta

44,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Champion 300
  • Winged 100
Please, no forum wars. :c It's distracting from threads and has the potential to get ugly fast.

I personally don't care for the contract system, but I seem to be in the extreme minority.

Barton Bunny

11,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Forum Titles - I suppose. As long as it doesn't turn in to an a fest of elitism. I don't think account age or number of posts should play too big a part in being factored in to these titles.

Contracts - Sure, why not? Seems kind of useful. A little complicated, but I'm sure the process could be learned in time, just like anything else.

Forum Wars - Er... no. It's pretty much pure, annoying, and useless spam. Not keen on it.

Dangerous Ladykiller

8,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Medalist 100
Forum titles: Oh yes please! I love collecting everything, and really am fond of titles in other forum sites/game sites. I can imagine myself wasting a lot of time trying to collect them all. emotion_awesome

Contracts: I can not express how much I would love to see this in place. It would definitely help with the current "I said, they said" method of dealing with broken art/service deals right now. Please gaia, this would be lovely emotion_kirakira

Forum Wars: I would probably avoid the forums if this was implemented. It sounds messy, spammy, easily exploited by hundreds of mules, and just useless. I am sorry, I am sure that for forums like the ED it sounded like a great idea, but please remember that some of Gaia's userbase is less than terrific. This idea seems like a waste of developer time that could be spent on anything but this. I am sorry.

Ice-Cold Knight

12,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
contract system needs to be implemented for sure..

Queen Majo's Wife

Combative Gaian

the art directory and contracts are really good ideas!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff