Welcome to Gaia! ::

2sammygate
Little Kadaj
Lanzer
pizzagate

when you did that, you somehow broke forums. i keep getting whitescreens when trying to bring up reply pages. it's very random and very annoying, cause it sometimes happens when first opening, and sometimes when submitting (which prevents the post from being sent)... domokun stargate

Oh no! It was actually the change in flood control, instead of throwing the "please wait" message it'll bring up the captcha instead. Which explains why it only happens once in a while.

That should be fixed now. sweatdrop
i got a please wait message in a guild just now. i keep forgetting that guilds are separate from forums so i came here to say "hey it's not working" but maybe you guys just haven't bothered with guilds yet and i just realized that after i already started typing so never mind then lol

it's only certain accounts. also, the CAPTCHA frequency seems to be attached to how many post reply tabs you open, rather than how many posts you submit.

which really affects heavy chatterbox posters like me, i wanna triplet post. ):
domokun stargate
huh, well, it said somewheres that the reason they do that is cuz when a large number of people are submitting a lot of posts all at the same time it stresses out the servers or something so for that reason i can't really complain a lot even though it's annoying cuz it reminds me "oh yeah i'm not the only person on gaia and there is a million other people all sending posts at this exact moment sweatdrop "

i donno which would be more annoying tho, to just wait a couple seconds, or have to type capcha jibberish. i think i'm actually lazy enough that i would rather sit there clicking "submit" over and over until it goes thru than to have to type stuff rofl

these stupid capchas with ads in them are a pain in the butt with my ad-blockers, especially when i use internet explorer emotion_donotwant

goldgate's Boss

Chatty Ace

Little Kadaj
2sammygate
Little Kadaj
Lanzer
pizzagate

when you did that, you somehow broke forums. i keep getting whitescreens when trying to bring up reply pages. it's very random and very annoying, cause it sometimes happens when first opening, and sometimes when submitting (which prevents the post from being sent)... domokun stargate

Oh no! It was actually the change in flood control, instead of throwing the "please wait" message it'll bring up the captcha instead. Which explains why it only happens once in a while.

That should be fixed now. sweatdrop
i got a please wait message in a guild just now. i keep forgetting that guilds are separate from forums so i came here to say "hey it's not working" but maybe you guys just haven't bothered with guilds yet and i just realized that after i already started typing so never mind then lol

it's only certain accounts. also, the CAPTCHA frequency seems to be attached to how many post reply tabs you open, rather than how many posts you submit.

which really affects heavy chatterbox posters like me, i wanna triplet post. ):
domokun stargate
huh, well, it said somewheres that the reason they do that is cuz when a large number of people are submitting a lot of posts all at the same time it stresses out the servers or something so for that reason i can't really complain a lot even though it's annoying cuz it reminds me "oh yeah i'm not the only person on gaia and there is a million other people all sending posts at this exact moment sweatdrop "

i donno which would be more annoying tho, to just wait a couple seconds, or have to type capcha jibberish. i think i'm actually lazy enough that i would rather sit there clicking "submit" over and over until it goes thru than to have to type stuff rofl

these stupid capchas with ads in them are a pain in the butt with my ad-blockers, especially when i use internet explorer emotion_donotwant

but for the last decade (CAPTCHAs were first added in late 2007, if i remember correctly (you used to get bot tsunamis. if your thread had bump in the title and you submitted a post, you could get literally 10 whole pages of bot posts in the time it took to pass the "post submitted" page) you could always post so much more frequently than this. in fact, in like late 2009, that's when they changed the post system. you used to only be able to post once every 45 seconds no matter what. now you can post three times rapidly then a 2 minute 10 second cooldown.
and from that, you could be doing that for hours and only get a handful of CAPTCHAs.

i prefer the gibberish. i like speed. these are almost as annoying as those freaking "funCAPTCHAs" they tried a few years ago.
domokun stargate
2sammygate

needs to be way more than 50%. just opening three post reply tabs, then trying to submit a post in each (triplet posting) makes all three say i need to submit a CAPTCHA (the bottom of the post was blank with no CAPTCHA when i opened them). then i end up having to submit a CAPTCHA in every one of them, instead of just in the first then having the other two accept like it would with solvemedia and previous CAPTCHA systems.

why do these google ones suck so bad?
domokun stargate

I'll make sure that it won't happen in such situations. In general captcha should not show up much at all during normal use. It's just there to stop bots.

Avaykn's Darling

Smol Cutie-Pie

Lanzer
I- ChiiDoLL -I

I can't post with reply (where I can roll dice and stuff), and I can only post randomly with quick-reply (super mash that submit button).

If you're having problem, please let me know which thread you were posting in. Does it not work only when you post with dice roll and stuff?

I was posting in this thread: Link

I have GaiaUpgrade on, so the dice is automatically set every time I am in Reply.

Right now, it has been working fine (no random white page as if Gaia is down), but I am getting the captcha a lot because I post in bursts between breaks. I post a lot, disappear for a few hours, post a lot, and then disappear again. I tend to post as much as I am allowed in a minute; I'm pretty sure we had a limit of three per minute? And then the cooldown was a minute before you can post ONE... and then if you wait for a certain amount, you can post three to a minute again?

If the purpose was to limit my posting, I guess it's doing its job... I definitely got offline more frequently because I didn't want to find the cars or street signs (which I feel that it eats up a lot of my precious time). I just want to win prizes and chat with my friends.

Honestly, I prefer typing two words over 5+ clicks... and they show up less frequently. I could go an entire day without it and then they would show up ONCE. If I am more active, it would show twice a day.

I just got up around 1pm.... and I already have one asking me to find store fronts.
.... I hope that it can be adjusted because it's pretty annoying to be asked if I am a robot every five minutes if I am actively posting and all I do on Gaia IS post sweatdrop I don't play LK, I sometimes visit zOMG, and all the other wonderful games that are in the game section. I don't lurk in threads, i post in them.

I am glad that we're using the Google thing, but I thought it would just be a click and it will verify that I am not a robot -- I've had a lot of those in other threads, I just have to click and it accepts me. It doesn't make me do scavenger hunts or make me read what it wants XD;;

PS (off topic): Thank you for all your hard work on Gaia so far!! We truly, truly appreciate it!! We are so happy that things are getting done again! All the debugging and zOMG.... it's amazing~ ouo

I can't wait to see what you're doing with the gold system and the new one that's about to come out!

Avaykn's Darling

Smol Cutie-Pie

2sammygate
you used to only be able to post once every 45 seconds no matter what. now you can post three times rapidly then a 2 minute 10 second cooldown.
and from that, you could be doing that for hours and only get a handful of CAPTCHAs.

i prefer the gibberish. i like speed. these are almost as annoying as those freaking "funCAPTCHAs" they tried a few years ago. User Image stargate

ɖ σ ʟ ʟ • • •
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I am quite happy to see that someone took the time to math this XD;;

I was like, I have no idea when I can rapidly post three times again, but I generally wait about three to five minutes before I rapidly post again lol. I like that you're very precise with those numbers! Thank you~ ouo

And yea, I agree, I prefer the gibberish random words (or januvia -- I memorized the word because the image would load so slowly that I would just see the top part of the ad and would know what it will ask me to type) rofl

These "funCAPTCHA"s aren't fun at all.... they make me think too hard!! User Image
        I'm like, I just want to post..... stop asking me to find more store fronts or cars..... I gave you everything! You just keep asking for more!! D:< Gawd, google, stop being so clingy!

Lanzer
2sammygate

needs to be way more than 50%. just opening three post reply tabs, then trying to submit a post in each (triplet posting) makes all three say i need to submit a CAPTCHA (the bottom of the post was blank with no CAPTCHA when i opened them). then i end up having to submit a CAPTCHA in every one of them, instead of just in the first then having the other two accept like it would with solvemedia and previous CAPTCHA systems.

domokun stargate

I'll make sure that it won't happen in such situations. In general captcha should not show up much at all during normal use. It's just there to stop bots.
i don't like how they show up 100% every single time if u comment someone not on ur friend list, it's really annoying sweatdrop the internet explorer ad-blocker is so aggravating that i have to switch browsers if i get comments from a non-friend. i suppose if you are commenting the same person a lot you might as well add them as a friend anyway and it's a bright red "hey that person unfriended me" message when a capcha pops up but yeah... sweatdrop is there really that big of a problem with bots mass-commenting profiles??
I- ChiiDoLL -I
2sammygate
you used to only be able to post once every 45 seconds no matter what. now you can post three times rapidly then a 2 minute 10 second cooldown.

i prefer the gibberish. i like speed. these are almost as annoying as those freaking "funCAPTCHAs" they tried a few years ago. User Image stargate

ɖ σ ʟ ʟ • • •
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I am quite happy to see that someone took the time to math this XD;;

I was like, I have no idea when I can rapidly post three times again, but I generally wait about three to five minutes before I rapidly post again lol. I like that you're very precise with those numbers! Thank you~ ouo

And yea, I agree, I prefer the gibberish random words (or januvia -- I memorized the word because the image would load so slowly that I would just see the top part of the ad and would know what it will ask me to type) rofl

These "funCAPTCHA"s aren't fun at all.... they make me think too hard!! User Image
        I'm like, I just want to post..... stop asking me to find more store fronts or cars..... I gave you everything! You just keep asking for more!! D:< Gawd, google, stop being so clingy!

i got the timing down to a T because my thread has a daily goal and often people aren't there and i have to be the one to get us there. lol so when triplet posting with 2-3 accounts, i needed to have my timing perfect. i got very good at doing it cause sometimes it would be like a few hours straight. especially if i got off a DMS run and found the thread wasn't at goal yet. OAO
now you know! ;D

i loved the januvia ones. XD i hated the delay CAPTCHAs, though. those were a purposeful middle finger to adblock users.

the funCAPCHAs were the annoying glitchy spin the ball ones from a few years ago, they didn't last long cause they glitched for half the people.

the frequency is a bit better, but they need to reduce the frequency a bit more. unfortunately, i think that my rapid posting accounts are going to keep getting slammed by CAPTCHAs because they always post the same thing. ><
domokun stargate
Little Kadaj
Lanzer
2sammygate

domokun stargate

i don't like how they show up 100% every single time if u comment someone not on ur friend list, it's really annoying sweatdrop the internet explorer ad-blocker is so aggravating that i have to switch browsers if i get comments from a non-friend. i suppose if you are commenting the same person a lot you might as well add them as a friend anyway and it's a bright red "hey that person unfriended me" message when a capcha pops up but yeah... sweatdrop is there really that big of a problem with bots mass-commenting profiles??

it's always been like that since they added CAPTCHAs tho domokun stargate
Lanzer
2sammygate

domokun stargate

you've made it a bit better, but the frequency still doesn't work as well as the old CAPTCHAs. i used to only get them a few times an hour no matter how much i posted. and i just post a space with my triplet posting accounts. domokun stargate
Oh I finally found the bug that was causing CAPTCHA to show up much more often than it should.

After having successfully answered a CAPTCHA, any regular Gaian should not see it for the rest of the day now that it's working properly.
Lanzer
Oh I finally found the bug that was causing CAPTCHA to show up much more often than it should.

After having successfully answered a CAPTCHA, any regular Gaian should not see it for the rest of the day now that it's working properly.

Thanks for fixing that ^w^ cat_3nodding cat_3nodding

Anxious Gaian

Lanzer, you are far too kind.

Thank you so much for fixing this issue.

Lionheart

what is technically considered to be a "veteran" or "active" gaian ?

Avaykn's Darling

Smol Cutie-Pie

ɖ σ ʟ ʟ • • •
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

So awesome~ thank you so much!!! User Image

nal bwa
what is technically considered to be a "veteran" or "active" gaian ?

Basically I add biased towards people who just registered on the site. Anyone who had been here a while, and meet certain activity criteria will not see CAPTCHA much at all.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff